IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 145.
#4601 1 year ago

If you’re going to charge the same prices as the big boys you should expect your product to be compared to theirs. Fact is the sculpts are not on the same level but the price is. Resorting to insulting customers who point that out is unfortunate.

#4602 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Let me elaborate in simple terms...
Stern's approach to product development is like making a lot of cookies that all look and taste the same. While it's cost-effective and can sell a lot of cookies quickly, it can also be risky for the business. Customers might get bored with the lack of variety, and they might start looking for something more interesting and exciting elsewhere.
Additionally, if competitors start making cookies that are more unique and tailored to customer preferences, Stern could be left behind in the market. By investing more in product innovation and variety, Stern could create more loyal and engaged customers, and stay ahead of competitors in a competitive market.
This is commonly referred to as a "cookie-cutter" approach to product development in business and academic contexts...

“Something something economics….anyone? Anyone? Voo-Doo economics.”

#4603 1 year ago

AP needs to hire Rosh back to be the face of AP on pinside. He was/is a true professional when interacting with us all in the other AP game threads. He answered questions , addressed concerns and provided reasoning for decisions made by AP. It was comforting especially given their new status. It would be helpful to have someone like Rosh here. I dont think Fix is that guy.

This game looks great. Noordman is a great designer, APs quality is top notch and superior to spooky, JJP and even stern. They are built like tanks. They make a quality product.

Let’s see some real game play video AP!

#4604 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s not just the talking about it. It’s the incessant over the top obnoxious smugness of the talking about it.
It’s fine by me and I can respond appropriately, but I can see how it can rub people the wrong way. Especially employees that put in hard work to bring a game to life.
And i don’t know why anyone would want to dump on a game in a hype thread they have zero interest in.

Well me personally, I was pretty much all in on this game pre trailer. While I am not 100% out yet, it just keeps getting worse. Many are hanging around because they had high hopes, and looking for anything to turn them into buyers. Guess we will see this weekend. You know me, I speak my mind. It's not hate, it's observation.

#4605 1 year ago

Every time I come to this thread to check on the release, maybe get a bit more info on it, or see a new gameplay vid to decide if I should buy one of these - it just gets weirder and weirder!

#4606 1 year ago

I used to have mad respect for this dude, with one shitpost that all went straight down the toilet. Bravo

Also I find my wife to be incredibly hot, and our two kids are super awesome. I consider them to be pretty damn perfect.

#4607 1 year ago

Key post right here for new buyers.

Now if Dennis can chime in and let us know how we destroyed his hopes and dreams.

Or Ryan letting us know he can’t make mortgage next month.

But hey, at least the manufacturers are engaged in Pinside! Yay!

#4608 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like when Steve Ritchie said Pinside was a “sewer” and no one from Stern frequents this place?

You're just a little off base there. I guarantee everyone with a deskjob at Stern, JJP and CGC skim Pinside weekly if not daily. They may not actively participate, but they read it all.

#4609 1 year ago
Z.jpgZ.jpg
#4610 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

AP needs to get some control of this entire rollout.
It’s a good product and has gained my interest.
Justified or not, insulting potential customers expressing opinions on a forum..not the best marketing strategy.

The inmates are running the asylum!!!

And they all think you settled for less hot wives than you should have!!

#4611 1 year ago

www.artstation.com

American Pinball can find a new artist in less than 1 minute. Talented artists are everywhere. 100,000 portfolios at your fingertips.

#4612 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like when Steve Ritchie said Pinside was a “sewer” and no one from Stern frequents this place? They just take us for granted

I am pretty sure Iceman doesn't really exist... it's actually just Jersey Jack trolling us with more Harry Potter tweets, and pumping AP titles in an effort to kill Foo Fighter sales...

#4613 1 year ago

Jack just said he is streaming the game very very very very very soon, just not tonight. Might have missed a "very".

#4614 1 year ago

Hope someone screenshot the now deleted post from AP's Art/Marketing Dept.

Great going AP. The wet blanket of pinball.

#4615 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I am pretty sure Iceman doesn't really exist... it's actually just Jersey Jack trolling us with more Harry Potter tweets, and pumping AP titles in an effort to kill Foo Fighter sales...

solid theory

#4616 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

www.artstation.com
American Pinball can find a new artist in less than 1 minute. Talented artists are everywhere. 100,000 portfolios at your fingertips.

That's insulting. Franchi did a brilliant job on this machine. It's really the best thing about the machine.
A great artist is not a super polite, politically correct person? That's surprising!

It's just a shame he felt like he needed to step in and defend the decisions of AP because AP can't be bothered to say/show anything about the game they're trying to sell us.

#4617 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well me personally, I was pretty much all in on this game pre trailer. While I am not 100% out yet, it just keeps getting worse. Many are hanging around because they had high hopes, and looking for anything to turn them into buyers. Guess we will see this weekend. You know me, I speak my mind. It's not hate, it's observation.

Oh yeah, not saying you, some extended game play seems to resolve most issues whether folks are in or out.

None of this majoring in the minors really matters if you like the game. If not, plenty of others.

#4618 1 year ago

What an embarrassing way to represent your „family“/AP, Franchi. You should be totally ashamed of yourself. Those are all valid concerns regarding to the price tag we’re talking about. Who do you think you are implicitly rating my wife? Shame on you; I better understand now why Stern fired you years ago. AP should chime in and cool down and take some actions. I personally expect a statement that this is not an official AP POV and an excuse for offending people who spend a fortune on pinball machines you are allowed to drop your art on

#4619 1 year ago

Monkeygate seems like a decade ago now.

#4620 1 year ago

Thousands of artists from Star Wars, Films, Videogames, Special Effects shops all congregate there. I'm not knocking the art package on Galactic. Just like talking about 3D printed toys is not knocking the art package on Galactic.

#4621 1 year ago

Seems we have gone back to Screwgate. Now its directed at us get the screw.

#4622 1 year ago

The guy shouldn't have said that...

But let's cut him a little slack. He is an artist. Tell Tom Cruise his latest movie sucked because of the budget in some of the effects, and the dude will probably react badly. He made an analogy (albeit an inappropriate one) about significant others... that tells me he LOVES this game. He also mentioned "settling" which tells me they did the best they could with what they had. He didn't say "that was an intentional design choice," or some other BS. Again, not excusing it, but it's not the whole of AP telling everyone to F* off. It's someone that couldn't take their baby being called ugly, and at least I can understand that...

#4623 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

He also mentioned "settling" which tells me they did the best they could with what they had. ..

The BOM is the BOM on this $17,000 game guys. We put some tank treads on the side of the cab WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

#4624 1 year ago

Gonna go rip some Bond ramps now.

Seems like a bunch of intolerant man babies getting their feelings hurt here Ffs.

As usual, so many take things the wrong way and lose their fragile minds over nothing

#4625 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

The guy shouldn't have said that...
But let's cut him a little slack. He is an artist. Tell Tom Cruise his latest movie sucked because of the budget in some of the effects, and the dude will probably react badly.

A tomcruisergument? We are in uncharted territory now!

#4626 1 year ago

I see where you are coming from. What good does insulting your customers do?

Imagine if his response was along the lines of this - Thank you for sharing your concerns, we worked really hard on this and will always try our best to do better. We hear what you are saying and sincerely hope that you will still enjoy the game. Or something along those lines - much better than talking about our wives and telling us to shut the hell up.

#4627 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

The BOM is the BOM on this $17,000 game guys. We put some tank treads on the side of the cab WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

Lol.

I don't pretend to know AP's Financials, or the cost of developing this title... But this whole thing has passion project written all over it, which can lead to bad cost decisions on some areas at the expense of others. The higher priced titles feel like they were priced that way to keep the price lower on some of the other game tiers... could be totally wrong, but their super exclusive top tier just doesn't add up for me any other way...

Passion projects can be awesome, or come across like someone else's inside joke that no one gets. The jury is still out for me on this thing...

#4628 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

Imagine if his response was along the lines of this - Thank you for sharing your concerns, we worked really hard on this and will always try our best to do better. We hear what you are saying and sincerely hope that you will still enjoy the game. Or something along those lines - much better than talking about our wives and telling us to shut the hell up.

I don't disagree at all. Just saying I understand where he is coming from, not condoning the language nor the approach.

#4629 1 year ago

Not sure what you guys are talking about, I like the 3d printed stuff

#4630 1 year ago

Serious question and AP might be watching the thread. Why don't they just go with SLA printed toys? It's still super cheap with no upfront cost in molds.

#4631 1 year ago

GTF was the only new game that held my interest due to theme. I’ll be heading up to MGC Saturday to specifically get eyes on it & play it. I was planning on a new game this year and in theory this ticked all the boxes.

While the build up has been less ideal, I was still reserving judgement til I played it. Some people may blast it, some may love it but that’s why there are different games/manufacturers out there. There is no one size fits all, different people have different tastes and that’s awesome!

But the recently deleted comment by Metaluna5 drained most of the little interest I had left. Completely unbelievable that a AP employee (or subcontractor) would publicly & deliberately blast the very community it markets to!

#4632 1 year ago

Ouch

#4633 1 year ago

So Jack Danger is NOT streaming the game today? Or is the plastic cutting he's currently doing the exciting pre-show?

edit: er, not plastic cutting, signing or something.

#4634 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

So Jack Danger is NOT streaming the game today? Or is the plastic cutting he's currently doing the exciting pre-show?

Im guessing no stream. I dont know why its so hard to stream the game for us plebs that want to see it before forking over a significant amount of money.

#4635 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

But the recently deleted comment by Metaluna5 drained most of the little interest I had left. Completely unbelievable that a AP employee (or subcontractor) would publicly & deliberately blast the very community it markets to!

It was almost as bad for me, as Jersey Jack blaming me, and all other GNR owners with Mirco's dissolving playfields, for the crap they put in my GNR.

"It's the owners fault."

If that's your position, I totally respect that. But this community has short memories...

#4636 1 year ago

What does game play Video really do. It can't be that hard to imagine how it's going to play.

I could be waiting for game play vid.

It's going to be played by a professional player none the less to make the game shine.

But this video will not look how this game will do for the casual player or how a casual player approaches.

This is what pinside needs to keep in mind is that these games are for the casual player too not for some "elite" level scorers and tourny players.

AP decided it was going to deut the game at Texas Pinball Festival, that's their prerogative it by the video and the idea, that is out of the box thinking as python Angelo would say with the moving machine.

You really can't get the real live feeling from a Video and experience that the maker intended to have.

Plus it about time aught to unplug ourselves from what others say about things this hobby could certainly take stock in others comments but at the end of the day it's our individual bank accounts here at stake.

If you want in go in, if not then don't. For those who are not respectfully state why and leave it up to the undecided and others to take stock or do they will with the machine.

This was a hype thread to get people who are wanting to buy in and those undecided to spend their cash.

This name calling, body part galvanting, putting down, and rushing to judgement what gives pinside it reputation.

Maybe just freaking maybe pinside could stop look into the mirror and see the hideous monster it becomes and do some soul searching before someone bings this website and see the cesspool that the hobby is starting to show and puts their money somewhere else.

We are ambassadors to the hobby. To a world to a niche hobby that has the potential to reach the grip it once had.

It starts with us. Its not Going to go anywhere untill we decide to act like mature adults in the room and show the outsiders their more to pinball than Bally/Williams.

"Any pinball is good pinball" that should be bedrock of what this hobby rests on.

Good luck.

#4637 1 year ago

Well TPF is over but I see the "Whiners Convention" is still in town...Geez people. There is really no useful information in this thread other than making it abundantly clear that there are a lot of people whose sole lot in life is to piss and moan...who, until they have actually purchased the game, have no right to piss and moan. My guess is that the majority of whiners here have either purchased, or plan to purchase a PF, FF, GF or some other MF and hate the fact GTF is looking pretty damn good...and it is.

#4638 1 year ago

While I didn’t like the aforementioned comment, it also had zero bearing on my interest in the title

I still look forward to seeing real gameplay.

I want to like this! The marketing and messaging has made it hard

#4639 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Still missing your point. The flat plastic (which I definitely prefer to this, because at least it has polish), is on a $7000 model. you do the $9500 model (free ship vs the $9400 for my shipped GTF), you get nice toys.
BTW It looks like AP has uploaded some high res pictures on their website which really allows these new toys to shine in all their bad overhang, stringing, printed-too-fast, imporperly tuned printer glory:[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not gonna sugar-coat it. the 3d-printed toys they used are unappealing. I'm a little curious to know how you guys would've done it differently though. I think if they just spent a little more time on it with like.. Solvents... or Epoxy... or even just priming and sanding it. the results probably would've looked nicer. I don't know awhole lot about that stuff though so i'm a little curious.

#4640 1 year ago

Odd hype thread...

My decision to buy or not buy a $10k machine is not based on the plastic toys. If I had to list the aspects of a machine in order of importance, the plastic toys would not be in the top 10.

It's also not based on a reveal video which will be long forgotten over the ten or more years I hope to enjoy it.

And ultimately, my decision won't be reliant on a relatively anonymous avatar telling me what they think.

I do enjoy following the conversation though. Waiting for orders to open up in Aus.

#4641 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

It appears some would say that since he’s an artist, he gets a pass on being professional and civil.

#4642 1 year ago

Christie Brinkley getting more positive word of mouth than this pinball machine.

#4643 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, but it actually looks like this in the game...
[quoted image]

We do tend to nit pick over the smallest details don’t we ? Doubt pretty much any of the playing public would notice this in real life. However I am just a bit perplexed here. Urethane over molding of 3D printed parts is pretty cheap all things considered, even for low volume production. I’m not sure why they didn’t go there. The BOM is not that much higher. Each mold can get you 25 parts and given the size of those parts he mold should be cost reasonable. Also if you are going to go super cheap ass ABS as it seems the tank is here, why not up the game a little and go with a little bit higher print resolution or some post processing so it’s not so damn obvious.

#4644 1 year ago

I still say a lot of those being critical of this game will sing a different tune once they play it.

#4645 1 year ago
Quoted from AviRoo:

I'm not gonna sugar-coat it. the 3d-printed toys they used are unappealing. I'm a little curious to know how you guys would've done it differently though. I think if they just spent a little more time on it with like.. Solvents... or Epoxy... or even just priming and sanding it. the results probably would've looked nicer. I don't know awhole lot about that stuff though so i'm a little curious.

Id probably do it like pretty much every other manufacturer does. Look at the high quality sculpts in scooby for around the same price range.

Ps- hate to break it to Ice but foo fighters kicks ass and blows bond out of the water. We'll see how it holds up once i get my hands on GTF this weekend at MGC

#4646 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

NOT streaming the game today?

Why give Jack more games online? The 'twitch water' drinking streamer may indirectly trash it if it's not a Stern machine. Plus, promoting Stern's marketing platform seems somewhat unwise!?

Also, some of you are clearly stung by the artist's defensive comment... it's pretty funny, though..

#4647 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Id probably do it like pretty much every other manufacturer does. Look at the high quality sculpts in scooby for around the same price range.

I respect it, If I'm being dearly honest i don't personally believe any pinball machine should have 3d-printed anything in them. especially not one as expensive as GTF. but i do know it is possible to make 3d printed stuff look really wicked hence my question. Alot of smart people in the thread and it peaks my interest.

#4648 1 year ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

It appears some would say that since he’s an artist, he gets a pass on being professional and civil.

I don't think anyone is saying that. I think there are some, including me, that can see how someone in a moment of weakness can F* up because it's something they care so much about. That doesn't make it okay. While an apology seems unlikely, that would make it forgivable for me personally. I can see how others might not feel the same.

There are others earlier in this thread (not me) that are AP fan boys saying F* yes to that comment (not me), but it has nothing to do with him being an artist.

#4650 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Textbook Franchi. I've learned so much about the pinball industry just from the social media posts that he later deletes.

....uno mas.

Image 3-28-23 at 7.13 PM (resized).jpgImage 3-28-23 at 7.13 PM (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.