pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 147.
#5651 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I see a Foo LE in your future…

I'm seeing the Ac/dc Luci that just landed instead for me. Missed that one. And i have the "SmithAfoo" already.

#5652 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I like to be addressed as, Your Grace.

You'll have to settle for Silk. Sincerely, Diamond

#5653 1 year ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

what's wrong in the first photo? I can't tell

#5654 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Is it strange though? Dennis is over 70 I believe and who know if he even lives near Jack's studio. They could stream the game at AP if they want Dennis there. This seems more like something thrown together during MGC.

Well since AP advertised this as the official gameplay stream I’d say it’s strange to not have the designer there. Dennis was at the EHOH gameplay deadflip stream.

#5655 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This game is ANYTHING but linear.

If you want linear, get a Capcom Pinball Magic.

#5656 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

If you want linear, get a Capcom Pinball Magic.

Thats why I sold mine and my ghostbusters so quickly. Linear game play should not exist as it destroys the chaotic randomness that is pinball.

#5657 1 year ago

Shame to see the same rudimentary pinsiders bashing the developers of GTF, despite these folks being easygoing and engaging with the community.
Looks like an organized effort/smear campaign...

Machine just keeps getting better and better! The video scenes, call outs, audio, and effects are superb, all works well with the theme. It's refreshingly unique and humorous.

The Twitch stream was solid. JD was his usual entertaining self and "mostly" unbiased. The tank got blown up, and the robot made multiple appearances! Let's give the AP guys a break, they were proactive despite not being experienced tubers.

Got redirected to a "GTFooFighter" stream once the stream ended...

#5658 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thats why I sold mine and my ghostbusters so quickly. Linear game play should not exist as it destroys the chaotic randomness that is pinball.

I would have kept my Pinball Magic if the game play was random. You would think there would be a setting the menu.

#5659 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Well since AP advertised this as the official gameplay stream I’d say it’s strange to not have the designer there. Dennis was at the EHOH gameplay deadflip stream.

They must have fired Dennis for producing such a shitty game that it’s putting AP out of business.

For sure a bankruptcy is coming soon!

#5660 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:They must have fired Dennis for producing such a shitty game that it’s putting AP out of business.
For sure a bankruptcy is coming soon!

This game will be a hit for AP. It is not like Zingy Bingy that was the death to Capcom.

#5661 1 year ago

Imagine being the CEO of capcom, visiting your money losing startup US division and seeing that. Lol.

#5662 1 year ago

I watched the stream. My opinions:

1. Dub step not terrible, but could be used more sparingly. I really liked the theatrical music, well done.
Overall.. good

2. Sounds... Very good

3. Light show... Excellent

4. Shots... Tank is a bitch, lots of risk/ reward. Nice flow on ramps. Cow shot is cool. Overall... Quite good.

5. Art. Excellent

6. Animations... Used well and when incorporated into the total package... Good

7. Rules.... Didn't click with me, but seems to have something for everyone.

I would rate this pin a solid B+. Maybe if they had diverted the extra time and resources they used on that stupid tank cabinet, they may have got an A.

#5663 1 year ago

Love the tank cabinet. Want to add some wider treads to mine.

#5664 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I watched the stream. My opinions:
1. Dub step not terrible, but could be used more sparingly. I really liked the theatrical music, well done.
Overall.. good
2. Sounds... Very good
3. Light show... Excellent
4. Shots... Tank is a bitch, lots of risk/ reward. Nice flow on ramps. Cow shot is cool. Overall... Quite good.
5. Art. Excellent
6. Animations... Used well and when incorporated into the total package... Good
7. Rules.... Didn't click with me, but seems to have something for everyone.
I would rate this pin a solid B+. Maybe if they had diverted the extra time and resources they used on that stupid tank cabinet, they may have got an A.

You've got a lot of nerve posting positive impressions in this thread!!

#5665 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

what's wrong in the first photo? I can't tell

Not horrible but the cow lands up against the tank .

#5666 1 year ago

<trailer anouncer voice on>

In a world, created soley in the mind of an imbecile, comes an epic story- so lame- that it took him 7 decades to get it made.

But made it they did...

From the creators that brought you Oktoberfest- that free wheeling- beer guzzling- monkey ass grabbing sensation...

And the producers of such hits as Houdini, Hot Wheels and Legends of Valhala...

American Pinball is embarrased to anounce their latest addition to an already stellar lineup...

Get The F*ck Outta no... wait that aint right, what is this Jerry? GTFo... OH!... Galactic Tank Force...
(well now that makes more sense)....

Yes, Galactic Tank Farce, uh Force...

Be the first on your block to challenge your skills and sanity and purchase what will inevitably be a footnote in the annals of pinball history,
As well as last row fodder at your local operators auctions.

From the immemorable Dub-step soundtrack to the inglorious mission orchestrations, this title has dub-step gory written all over it.
And the software is as complete as you would expect or want from such a small integrated team...
you will be hard pressed to find a title chock full of more software placeholders than the master table at a Presidential Dinner...

So suit up in your best cosplay outfit and get ready for your 15 seconds of infamy, as you are bombarded with SDTM rebound shots off the Tank, watch helplessly as your balls fall off habitrails, or get stuck in lock mechanisms or jammed up in VUKs, ending promising runs at cows, fudge pumping, and sprinkle, er Jimmy collecting that tickles Plotniks taint to no end.

Throw in the high end 3D quality printed toys and sculptures, with industry standard LED technology, and retro artwork borrowed heavily from the memories of a mispent youth, and you have another winner from the masters of mediocrity at American Pinball.

So walk, don't run to your favorite Pinball distributor and ask him, "Hey, budy, do me a solid and find me a CGC AFM LE NIB or I'm going to writ my slists!" because this title is such a tongue outside the cheek grab at campy sci-fi humor that it falls flatter than the Arizona desert I'm living in.

<trailer anouncer voice off>

#5667 1 year ago

Love the ignore feature on Pinside.

#5668 1 year ago
Quoted from Elephanthead:

Imagine being the CEO of capcom, visiting your money losing startup US division and seeing that. Lol.

"You Japanese moooooney men are afraid of your wives!" - Python, probably.

#5669 1 year ago

We love that you care to ignore the very best, and kudos for annoucing it too!

#5670 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

In a world, created soley in the mind of an imbecile, comes an epic story- so lame- that it took him 7 decades to get it made.
But made it they did...
From the creators that brought you Oktoberfest- that free wheeling- beer guzzling- monkey ass grabbing sensation...
American Pinball is embarrased to anounce their latest addition to an already stellar lineup...
Get The F*ck Outta no... wait that aint right, what is this Jerry? GTFo... OH!... Galactic Tank Force...
(well now that makes more sense)....
Yes, Galactic Tank Farce, uh Force...
Be the first on your block to challenge your skills and sanity and purchase what will inevitably be a footnote in the annals of pinball history,
As well as last row fodder at your local operators auctions.
From the immemorable Dub-step soundtrack to the inglorious mission orchestrations, this title has dub-step gory written all over it.
And the software is as complete as you would expect or want from such a small integrated team...
you will be hard pressed to find a title chock full of more software placeholders than the master table at a Presidential Dinner...
So suit up in your best cosplay outfit and get ready for your 15 seconds of infamy, as you are bombarded with SDTM rebound shots off the Tank, watch helplessly as your balls fall off habitrails, or get stuck in lock mechanisms or jammed up in VUKs, ending promising runs at cows, fudge pumping, and sprinkle, er Jimmy collecting that tickles Plotniks taint to no end.
Throw in the high end 3D quality printed toys and sculptures, with industry standard LED technology, and retro artwork borrowed heavily from the memories of a mispent youth, and you have another winner from the masters of mediocrity at American Pinball.
So walk, don't run to your favorite Pinball distributor and ask him, "Hey, budy, do me a solid and find me a CGC AFM LE NIB or I'm going to writ my slists!" because this title is such a tongue outside the cheek grab at campy sci-fi humor that it falls flatter than the Arizona desert I'm living in.
<trailer anouncer voice off>

C’mon man. Game has potential. Tweaked and software upgrades, could be pretty good.

I haven’t given up on this title yet! It’s sooooo different than what’s out there.

Options for music choices. Fix tank targets once and for all. Ferret is on the job fleshing out modes and improvements.

I’ll give AP every chance I can despite the mistakes.

#5671 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Is it strange though? Dennis is over 70 I believe and who know if he even lives near Jack's studio. They could stream the game at AP if they want Dennis there. This seems more like something thrown together during MGC.

And I would have advised them to pick a date that ferret could have attended. He’s a great player and knows the rules I will admit Steve Bowden had some astronomical scoring, as he is a super great player who knows the rules, too. So maybe they can have a do-over, 2nd official stream with DennisN, Ferret, SteveB and JackD AND a perfect playing game. I’d love to see it.

#5672 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The tank moves… there is slso ghe magnet grab… plus tons of choreography of lights and sounds. Is it a highly animated toy? No - but the show is there.
Center risk targets are as old as time in pinball….

Oh - i'll have to rewatch the streams and keep more of a lookout!

I don't know what it is about this game - I think I don't want one but I can't seem to look away.

#5673 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But made it they did...

Oi! I won't hear a word against Oktoberfest, it's an absolutely brilliant game. Houdini too for that matter!

#5674 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

C’mon man. Game has potential. Tweaked and software upgrades, could be pretty good.
I haven’t given up on this title yet! It’s sooooo different than what’s out there.
Options for music choices. Fix tank targets once and for all. Ferret is on the job fleshing out modes and improvements.
I’ll give AP every chance I can despite the mistakes.

Good points Rick. Since when did we care so much about people picking their noses and crop dusting each other on a stream of mistakes?

It's not like it doesn't happen all the time. The Stern Bond and Bond 60th rollout is one of the worst ever.

Had ZERO impact on whether i liked the game. Same for this one. I could care less about misspelling on a flyer, dates wrong, taking the glass off for glitches, who the F really cares IF you are interested in the game.

AP has a solid build and service history, so you can bank on that. If you don't like the game itself, its not for everybody. Some love it. Like just about every other game to some degree.

If people can't make up their own mind and need someone else to tell em what to do then we can't help that can we?

While we work through the drama of the things that don't matter, i'll play some BondLE and wait for the TANK to arrive!

#5675 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good points Rick. Since when did we care so much about people picking their noses and crop dusting each other on a stream of mistakes?
It's not like it doesn't happen all the time. The Stern Bond and Bond 60th rollout is one of the worst ever.
Had ZERO impact on whether i liked the game. Same for this one. I could care less about misspelling on a flyer, dates wrong, taking the glass off for glitches, who the F really cares IF you are interested in the game.
AP has a solid build and service history, so you can bank on that. If you don't like the game itself, its not for everybody. Some love it. Like just about every other game to some degree.
If people can't make up their own mind and need someone else to tell em what to do then we can't help that can we?
While we work through the drama of the things that don't matter, i'll play some BondLE and wait for the TANK to arrive!

Truth Doug. I’ve made the rollout mistakes not reflect on the potential this game has for campy fun. Ferret posted a huge update already in owners thread. Thank you for all you do Ferret. We may not act like it but we appreciate all you do and put up with. Don’t give up on Pinside Amigo!

#5676 1 year ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

Love the ignore feature on Pinside.

It's too bad they don't post a Top Ten list of most ignored Pinsiders. I guess the down side is some people would see it as a competition to be #1

#5677 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's too bad they don't post a Top Ten list of most ignored Pinsiders. I guess the down side is some people would see it as a competition to be #1

You mean it isn't? Well damn!

#5678 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You mean it isn't? Well damn!

I didn't realize the comment was directed at you and I was just responding in general. I've only got two people blocked and you've never bothered me once. Carry on my friend.

#5679 1 year ago

So i played gtf last night it was fun and wasn't bad the way everyone says , all the toys work fine and the tank in the center of the game didn't bother me @ all . It's looks amazing and definitely fully loaded for the 8k , and it has a different feel from a typical stern I'm definitely going to consider buying the deluxe version over a stern pro that's 1k cheaper.

20230404_204908 (resized).jpg20230404_204908 (resized).jpg
#5680 1 year ago

I just played on the new 23.04.03 code that came out 2 days ago. Big improvement. I heard some added music, sound clips and the robot did not say "miss me, miss me, now you got to kiss me". Plus some other minor tweaks. The game seems to pause less between modes. The network option seems to be working too.

#5681 1 year ago
Quoted from King_ci:

So i played gtf last night it was fun and wasn't bad the way everyone says , all the toys work fine and the tank in the center of the game didn't bother me @ all . It's looks amazing and definitely fully loaded for the 8k , and it has a different feel from a typical stern I'm definitely going to consider buying the deluxe version over a stern pro that's 1k cheaper.
[quoted image]

Such a good looking game except for one thing. I can't be the only one thinking how bad those stadium lights look? Talk about a world under glass, this one includes it's own sun.

#5682 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Such a good looking game except for one thing. I can't be the only one thinking how bad those stadium lights look? Talk about a world under glass, this one includes it's own sun.

The "classic" version won't include them.

#5683 1 year ago
Quoted from King_ci:

[quoted image]

$8K ?

Did I miss something? Not being a smartass…legit question.

#5684 1 year ago
Quoted from King_ci:

So i played gtf last night it was fun and wasn't bad the way everyone says

It helps to understand that Pinside looks at everything using a magnifying glass, while broadcasting with a megaphone, and with not much consideration in-between.

Good for you for testing on your own and surviving Pinside.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5685 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

$8K ?
Did I miss something? Not being a smartass…legit question.

The yet to be released standard is 8k. Deluxe is $9k

#5686 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

... how bad those stadium lights look? Talk about a world under glass, this one includes it's own sun.

I own games with pin-stadium lights. The AP system is better. You also do NOT have to remove them when you lift the playfield.

#5687 1 year ago
Quoted from King_ci:

[quoted image]

It's only $100 cheaper than a premium. ($9000+shipping , vs 9500 free shipping).

#5688 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

ahhh… gotcha.

Thanks.

#5689 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They "may" make a classic edition and no price has been set yet.

#5690 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I own games with pin-stadium lights. The AP system is better. You also do have to remove them when you lift the playfield.

Wait in the GTF game the factory AP stadium style lights have to be removed to put the game in service position? That’s kinda disappointing. Is it at least really easy?

#5691 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's only $100 cheaper than a premium. ($9000+shipping , vs 9500 free shipping).

Plus American Pinball GTF deluxe includes a shaker motor, lollipop siderails, inner blade sideart, a real glass backglass, AP version of magic glass and stadium lights.

#5692 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wait in the GTF game the factory AP stadium style lights have to be removed to put the game in service position? That’s kinda disappointing. Is it at least really easy?

No they do not have to be removed. The other brand does.

#5693 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

No they do not have to be removed. The other brand does.

Oh ok. I was confused. Sorry

#5694 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do we know A) if the standard/classic is a given, and B) it would be $8k?

When that feature matrix came out with a la carte mods, it didn’t seem like there was enough to remove to get it down to $8k.

#5695 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Do we know A) if the standard/classic is a given, and B) it would be $8k?
When that feature matrix came out with a la carte mods, it didn’t seem like there was enough to remove to get it down to $8k.

An operator I know that has bought AP games in the past told me the classic would be $8K when available. I have not been quoted that from AP directly.

#5696 1 year ago

There ain’t gonna be no “$8k classic” version of this shit heap.

You’d rather have this thing and $500 than a stern premium? That’s the choice.

Hey good luck with that.

#5697 1 year ago

I don’t get why I keep hearing (TPF) issues regarding the soggy flippers. The pinball party podcast guy said the flippers felt terrible at MGC. Couldn’t make the ramp etc. Johnny Pinball (YouTube) said GTF was the game of the MGC show for him.
No flipper issues on JD’s stream or Ocelot stream.

#5698 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I own games with pin-stadium lights. The AP system is better. You also do NOT have to remove them when you lift the playfield.

I own games that used to have p1n stadium lights...

#5699 1 year ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

I don’t get why I keep hearing (TPF) issues regarding the soggy flippers. The pinball party podcast guy said the flippers felt terrible at MGC. Couldn’t make the ramp etc. Johnny Pinball (YouTube) said GTF was the game of the MGC show for him.
No flipper issues on JD’s stream or Ocelot stream.

Flippers were overpowered at TPF. I could backhand the ramp. That said, TPF is notorious for power supply issues. Day one they couldnt even get half the games running at open due to power issues in the booth.

#5700 1 year ago
Quoted from King_ci:

[quoted image]

That’s why you don’t listen to anyone else, especially the whiny crybabies that don’t like how a meaningless rollout was handled. Including the biased pinball babies podcaster

The “sales window” will be open forever. As time goes by and the game develops and gets finished/balanced, more people will find this out for themselves.

Like every other pin, they aren’t all for everybody.

To act like adjustments aren’t made after a pin is released is beyond hypocritical. It happens on nearly every Stern game.

Sometimes multiple issues like with STH. TK lock, Demo head adj, lighting kit etc

Judge it for yourselves after you have seen it, heard and played it.

May or not be for you but make up your own mind based on what’s relevant

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.