8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 150.
#6451 6 years ago

This bums me out a little. Wish they would've left it in.

#6452 6 years ago

Just checked every character with all the planets and modes. There is 13 regular modes in the game presently. Hoth is the only planet with 4. Luke has 3 modes all to himself and R2 has 1 the rest are mixed between characters.

#6453 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Video mode and "light saber duel" not programmed yet

Levi played video mode over a months ago.
I'd supposed Disney didn't give it a "go".

#6454 6 years ago

This came across my FB feed. Maybe you'd all be happy if this is what happened to the Death Star:

IMG_8678 (resized).JPGIMG_8678 (resized).JPG
IMG_8679 (resized).JPGIMG_8679 (resized).JPG
IMG_8680 (resized).JPGIMG_8680 (resized).JPG

Pretty cool fire pit though.

#6455 6 years ago

Wow that death star exploding is
weak

#6456 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I missed the stream and I'm on my phone in a car, tried to skip around in that YouTube video (thanks for the time stamped Death Star bit that helped) can anyone explain how the loop works? Like what's the point? It's not a ball lock apparently, so what's it for?

What's a pinball game for?

Fun!

#6457 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Watching video now
Can someone tell me what time in the video the Death Star explodes
Thanks

There's a time coded link right above your post.

#6458 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Who is Luke's father? That has been bothering me for decades.

IMG_0086 (resized).JPGIMG_0086 (resized).JPG

#6459 6 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I think the Star Wars licence was terribly expensive to acquire. In order for Stern to keep their margins, they had to cut back on toys and features.

And they made crappy playfield stood fall apart and ghost after 100 plays.

#6460 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Glad I went the pro route

Any playfield issues with your SW pro?

#6461 6 years ago

I have three ghosted inserts and counting. A new one appears every other day... game arrived in perfect shape w/ July 12 build date. Started with extra ball, then on to Death Star, and now it showed up on the tattooine hot dog insert. I'm super bummed about it as I otherwise love the game. Have not reported to my distro yet, so I have no idea if this falls into Sterns new "normal" disclaimer. Will find out next week I guess *sigh*

#6462 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

As awful as I feel for having to do it, I just hit send on my cancellation email.
I just can't see spending $8500 for what I'd be getting. I'll play the sidelines for a while and maybe pick up a pro down the road.

I think you made the right choice. Lots of hype for not much.

I want the new AC/DC vault premium next month but have to see how the look first especially the playfield ghosting.

I think now is the time to sit back and calm down instead of purchasing a nightmare.

#6463 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I have three ghosted inserts and counting. A new one appears every other day... game arrived in perfect shape w/ July 12 build date. Started with extra ball, then on to Death Star, and now it showed up on the tattooine hot dog insert. I'm super bummed about it as I otherwise love the game. Have not reported to my distro yet, so I have no idea if this falls into Sterns new "normal" disclaimer. Will find out next week I guess *sigh*

Pics?

Rob

#6464 6 years ago

Out of town, will take some pics next week. It was actually Super Jackpot and not Extra Ball. But for now, the takeaway is I have three ghosting inserts on a NIB game with about 30 plays. I'm confident Stern and my distro will take care of me if things get any worse, regardless of the new disclaimer thing.

#6465 6 years ago

I'm confident Stern and my distro will take care of me if things get any worse, regardless of the new disclaimer thing.

This is the big unknown. Be curious to see how this works out since this new policy has yet to be tested

#6466 6 years ago

I'm confident Stern and my distro will take care of me if things get any worse, regardless of the new disclaimer thing.

So said the guy that bought a horse wagon when cars came along.......point being you can never be sure

#6467 6 years ago

Oh I'm not sure at all haha. But better to stay positive until I get some kind of response.

#6468 6 years ago

Out of town, will take some pics next week. It was actually Super Jackpot and not Extra Ball. But for now, the takeaway is I have three ghosting inserts on a NIB game with about 30 plays. I'm confident Stern and my distro will take care of me if things get any worse, regardless of the new disclaimer thing.

Yes please share photos. Curious how bad it is.

#6469 6 years ago

Ugh, sorry to hear. My game was built around the same time, still nothing showing up on it.

#6470 6 years ago

IMO Stern knew SW would ghost & that's why they announced their new policy

#6471 6 years ago

Oh I'm not sure at all haha. But better to stay positive until I get some kind of response.

I seriously wish you the best of luck. Hopefully your cade will get resolved

#6472 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes please share photos. Curious how bad it is.

Here's some serious dimpling on mine. (Dimpling is normal)

Will post some insert ghosting pics next time I am at the game

IMG_0364 (resized).JPGIMG_0364 (resized).JPG

#6473 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

What's up with your spinner?

#6474 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What's up with your spinner?

That probably blew up instead of the Death Star. Darn Stern QC.

#6475 6 years ago

Well, at least the Data East version didn't have ghosting....

IMG_2426 (resized).PNGIMG_2426 (resized).PNG

#6476 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

"Don't worry dude... it's normal. It'll all even out!" lol

I've been buying machines ("collecting" I suppose) for over 20 years and have never seen these DEEP dimples like we're seeing on *some* of these newer PF's.

I think it does deserve a new term... not dimpling. "Cratering".

#6477 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

"Don't worry dude... it's normal. It'll all even out!" lol
I've been buying machines ("collecting" I suppose) for over 20 years and have never seen these DEEP dimples like we're seeing on *some* of these newer PF's.
I think it does deserve a new term... not dimpling. "Cratering".

Can someone tell me?

This new stern policy was on the Aerosmith manual?
Did stern notice these dimpling and ghosting effects adnormally high during the test period of SW game and so decide to includ this policy as they thought they could get some issues with customers?

#6478 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

This new stern policy was on the Aerosmith manual?

No

#6479 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I missed the stream and I'm on my phone in a car, tried to skip around in that YouTube video (thanks for the time stamped Death Star bit that helped) can anyone explain how the loop works? Like what's the point? It's not a ball lock apparently, so what's it for?
Death Star toy was underwhelming, trying to figure out what the Premium and LE actually offer for the extra cash. Right now I'm not sure why you wouldn't just get the Pro if you want the game.

The hyper loop is pretty cool. It would get old to have traditional locked balls circuiting the entire game, they're making good use of it IMO.

Metal habitrails and ramps are nice.

Death Star underwhelming but will presumably look somewhat better when it actually lights up.

And then I guess some may strongly prefer the alternate art skin on the Premium or LE.

I think that's the full list of possible reasons to upgrade from the Pro.

#6480 6 years ago

Was onboard for the LE months before it was officially listed. Dropped out of the LE and changed to Prem. After the deadflip stream of the prem I was so dissapointed with the 2 main extras on the Pro I cancelled the Prem also.

Today I visited the distri and played a Pro. Love the lights, sounds and display. Shots are great and fast.... so bought the Pro. Will be delivered this afternoon.

#6481 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Holy cr@p! All play fields dimple but new Sterns LOOK worse, for sure. Well, this will even it out.

how-to-flatten-chicken (resized).jpghow-to-flatten-chicken (resized).jpg

#6482 6 years ago

Dimpling happens to all games. How much happens and what you can obviously see does vary by game and clearcoat. You may need the right lighting to be able to see it and the camera needs to be at the right angle. Dimples are expected for me. Cracks in the clear with minimal play and ghosting isn't ok.

And for gods sake fix that spinner.

#6483 6 years ago

Just got word my LE ships tomorrow

#6484 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Are you in in the US or overseas??

#6485 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Great news, happy unboxing!!!

Rob

#6486 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Are you in in the US or overseas??

That's Gary.

#6487 6 years ago

Boob, let's have an unboxing party when ours shows up.... I'll post some pics when mine arrives.
Rob

#6488 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Boob, let's have an unboxing party when ours shows up.... I'll post some pics when mine arrives.
Rob

You're Canadian. You'll get yours way ahead of me...and have better booze to drink during the unboxing. Like Sortilege, that maple whiskey from Quebec. Holy crap, is that good! I've got literally 3 bottles in my bedroom.

But I digress...

If my GOT is any indication, I'll get my LE after everybody just because I live in Jersey...which is the first word in "Jersey Jack Pinball." So Gary hates me and the rest of NJ and puts us at the bottom of the list. Oh, well...

#6489 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're Canadian. You'll get yours way ahead of me...and have better booze to drink during the unboxing. Like Sortilege, that maple whiskey from Quebec. Holy crap, is that good! I've got literally 3 bottles in my bedroom.
But I digress...
If my GOT is any indication, I'll get my LE after everybody just because I live in Jersey...which is the first word in "Jersey Jack Pinball." So Gary hates me and the rest of NJ and puts us at the bottom of the list. Oh, well...

Oh yeah, I remember you waited almost forever for that GoT LE. The best I can do for a drink when mine arrives is a coke... or a pepsi throwback (the real sugar version).

Rob

#6490 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But I digress...

Wait, i live in Jersey as well...does it take long for them to ship to us? This is my first NIB so im new to this lol

#6491 6 years ago
Quoted from grimboys:

Wait, i live in Jersey as well...does it take long for them to ship to us? This is my first NIB so im new to this lol

No. It probably won't take too long since we're the only two suckers in America that stuck with our LE order.

#6492 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No. It probably won't take too long since we're the only two suckers in America that stuck with our LE order.

This fits well....

#6493 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sucker 3 here.

Actually very excited about this game!

I think it's going to be a lot of fun and I have quite a few friends that are anxious to come play it.

Most important thing is that YOU (the owner) enjoy it, everyone else's opinion on here or in the real world is irrelevant. That's just my opinion

#6494 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Most important thing is that YOU (the owner) enjoy it, everyone else's opinion on here or in the real world is irrelevant. That's just my opinion

I do tend to agree with this... but there are people out there who are betting on getting a deal if you decide to sell someday. If it's never leaving your collection, then absolutely irrelevant what others think.

It remains to be seen what the supply/demand curve for LE's will become a few years down the road. But the initial demand curve seems to have dropped a bit.

#6495 6 years ago

Made some cards for star wars:

starwarscards (resized).pngstarwarscards (resized).png

#6496 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Sucker 3 here.
Actually very excited about this game!
I think it's going to be a lot of fun and I have quite a few friends that are anxious to come play it.

I'm still excited too and honestly, can't wait to see the unboxing pics/videos! Different strokes for different folks, but I think once the LE starts landing, the code matures even more and we see more of it out there, there will be a rush to grab those remaining LE that haven't been bought yet. People will be happy with their games, pro, premium or LE.

Star Wars music playing, pinballs flying around and lasers blasting away.... sounds like fun to me!

Rob

#6497 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm still excited too and honestly, can't wait to see the unboxing pics/videos! Different strokes for different folks, but I think once the LE starts landing, the code matures even more and we see more of it out there, there will be a rush to grab those remaining LE that haven't been bought yet. People will be happy with their games, pro, premium or LE.
Star Wars music playing, pinballs flying around and lasers blasting away.... sounds like fun to me!
Rob

It's hard to believe that Star Wars LE's didn't sell out instantly. Are you getting a SW Rob?

#6499 6 years ago

Nobody is a sucker for buying the game that they want if they have the means to afford it.

#6500 6 years ago

I'm still waiting on my pro. Haven't heard any updates from Melissa in over 2 weeks :\

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,300 (OBO)
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/130?hl=grimboys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.