Topic Stats

• 7,453 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TimberOne
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg
23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg
DEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_2973 (resized).JPG
IMG_2972 (resized).JPG
samualbracket (resized).jpg
IMG_0221 (resized).JPG
F272AAB4-3533-43FB-82D6-710295326A3D (resized).jpeg
8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7453 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 150.
#1901 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't think it'll be much of an issue. I never noticed the cross-habitrail on Congo that went right over the lower playfield window, and I never notice it on Funhouse or WOZ when the ball is in the middle of the playfield. Your eye kind of looks past it.

Never bothered me on BF either. Maybe this will be like the racetrack feed ramp on Nascar? The ball on that game starts to fly around real quick.

#1902 1 year ago

$1100 more for LE over Premium for 2 signatures and 2 extra translites and lollipop rails. Plus powder coat.

#1903 1 year ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Also why are the Turbo Lasers coming from the Star Destroyer green on the Premium?

Because they are green in the opening sceen of A New Hope.

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from redman822:

It's supposed to mimic the floor in the Falcon...

I think that's a stretch. Looks more like the Imperial walls to me. How often do we see the floor of the Falcon? Never once noticed that same design in the movies. Doesn't mean it's not there, but it's definitely more recognizable as Imperial walls.

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is where I'm at, but I do like the head art on the premium better. Just give me a pro cabinet with premium head and features. Perfect.

Wait for the Star Wars Vault Edition then...

I'm happy with the looks and will be getting a premium...

#1906 1 year ago

It would have been better if the wire ramp was between the flippers and apron space.
Better to keep flippers clear of anything instructing the view( like NASCAR)

#1907 1 year ago

I know there has discussion that the lockdown bar button does not have trim around it. You can see in the video there are holes that it would mount to. I assume the trim was not ready for the video yet.

#1908 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i got my last one for 75$ delivered from my distributor.

Just talking out my ass, as usual.

#1909 1 year ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Wait for the Star Wars Vault Edition then...
I'm happy with the looks and will be getting a premium...

You miss read my post then. I like the premium, just prefer the lower cab art on the pro. A few posts up I stated the art looked good on all.

#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just read that the game will feature 16 modes, 1 wizard mode and 9 multiball modes! Yes! Also, 400 clips from the original trilogy.
Bummer about no real backglass on LE. Ridiculous.

There are 16 modes but like SM ant ST you are doing the same mode over and over 9 multiball

#1911 1 year ago

High-resolution playfield shots here - nice to see the illustrative quality of the artwork up close.

pfscompared-1496716277747 (resized).jpeg

#1912 1 year ago

I really hope there's more to the video mode than "pound the action button". TONS of opportunity for an amazing video mode. IE: tie fighter flying around, in and out of your target sights. Maybe you would have to have great timing while playing multiballs. If this is a pound fest like track-and-field arcade...

Having said that, I am stoked about the 9 different multiballs modes and think the LCD looks amazing.
Overall, looks cool.

#1913 1 year ago

Looks like fun to me!

#1915 1 year ago

It's close, but with the white it looks like the walls in the Death Star.

Floor (resized).jpg

#1916 1 year ago

Kind of underwhelming so far but I think that has to deal with the way they're releasing this with info trickling out.

The IGN slideshow is crap.

Need a decent gameplay video stat.

#1917 1 year ago

Hand-drawn art, but it's just a hand-drawn version of the same lunchbox, DVD case, and coloring book figures we've seen for 40 years now. We've seen that image of Han or Luke holding out that blaster since the very first merchandise started coming out. If they were going to draw something, why not draw anything new? I'm super confused by that.

The game looks fun, but it's still a massive disappointment on the art front. Premium looks the way to go still. Pro is lacking too much. The pro is really stripped down by comparison from what is already a fairly lean package.

In Steve Ritchie we trust, but man, can't someone give the guy a decent art package?

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

$1100 more for LE over Premium for 2 signatures and 2 extra translites and lollipop rails.

It looks like all the armor is powder coated gloss black on the LE.

But yea, they should have thrown in a shaker on the LE and then it would have been a little more bang for the buck.

#1919 1 year ago

Pro = $6,199
Premium = $7,899
LE = $8,999

(per Stern's site)

#1920 1 year ago

so 800 total le models correct?

#1921 1 year ago

They finally added a subwoofer lineout! All models have color cordinated light shows with GIs also.

#1922 1 year ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Pro = $6,199
Premium = $7,899
LE = $8,999
(per Stern's site)

So street should be around $5200, $6,800, $8000, right? Isn't street price usually about $1000 off?

#1923 1 year ago

Looking more neat now. I'm starting to dig some of the features.

I might be in for a pro if I can wiggle a way to afford one.

#1924 1 year ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

It's close, but with the white it looks like the walls in the Death Star.

Uh...that's a picture from the Millennium Falcon. The hexagonal opening is the same as in the pictue I posted. That was a picture from between shots when they were fixing the warp drive...

#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

So street should be around $5200, $6,800, $8000, right? Isn't street price usually about $1000 off?

Would be great to know to make sure my distro is in line with the rest. What were AS premiums going for?

#1926 1 year ago

I really thought I'd buy a SW LE whenever they were announced, but I'm just not seeing enough there to go over a premium. I think I'll get the premium and have some fun adding my own lighted side rails, etc.

#1927 1 year ago

IMG_4095 (resized).JPG

IMG_4096 (resized).JPG

IMG_4095 (resized).JPG

IMG_4096 (resized).JPG

#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Anyone notice that the premium description states 2 LCDs while the pro says nothing about another LCD? Ugh.

Just no LCD on the play-field for pro. LCD on the back-glass still.

#1929 1 year ago

Looks like the GI is colour changing but doesn't seem like it's full RGB.

"Dramatic zoned red, white and blue general illumination LED's under plastics"

Would be cool if they can somehow get the lighting to reflect the mode your in, so red/orange/yellow for Tatooine modes, Blue and Whites for Hoth, Greens, Brown & Blues for Endor and White with some strobe or flickering effects for Dearh Star modes (don't think purple would be that menacing lol)

#1930 1 year ago

Even Gary is laughing at the pin. Look at that Evil laugh in the background.

Screenshot 2017-06-07 01.37.29 (resized).png

#1931 1 year ago

Pinball Magazine just received the first detailed photos of Stern's Star Wars Pro. Also see the upcoming Pinball Magazine Newsletter that will go out later today.

Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-02sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-05sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-06sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-07sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-09sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-10 sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-11sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-12SM (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-14 sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-08sm (resized).jpg
Stern-StarWars-Pro-Detail-15sm (resized).jpg

#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Street will be $6900 Premium, $8100 LE plus shipping.

#1933 1 year ago

I think its going to be similar to Tron in that its going to be a little underwhelming (for many) bone stock, but once the right mods are added it will shine up nicely. Add some ships, replace the cheap looking pop caps, some other items yet to be thought of and it will look good. The real down side is that its starting out with a much higher price.

#1934 1 year ago

I like the main backglass LCD images but I wonder if it will be hard to read while playing.

#1935 1 year ago

Pinball Magazine just received the first detailed photos of Stern's Star Wars Premium / LE. Also see the upcoming Pinball Magazine Newsletter that will go out later today.

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-01sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-02sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-03sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-04sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-07sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-05sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-08sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-10sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-11sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-13sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-15sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-06sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-17sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-16sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-12sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-18sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-20sm (resized).jpg

Stern-StarWars-LE-Detail-19sm (resized).jpg

#1936 1 year ago

i'm surprised the tie fighter and the lcd screen is there on the PF.

battle scene on the back panel PF of the pro looks more interesting.
plastic are different on the pro (slingshot) chewie and c3p0 looks better in my opinion.
no ball save gate on the pro, no biggie, i guess it's virtual on the pro since the insert is there.

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Street will be $6900 Premium, $8100 LE plus shipping.

Whoah, they are tacking shipping onto things now? Dang.

#1938 1 year ago

So does the deathstar on the Pro open up? It looks like it does something in the pictures above from pinball magazine. Has a door and looks like it splits in pictures?

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So does the deathstar on the Pro open up? It looks like it does something in the pictures above from pinball magazine. Has a door and looks like it splits in pictures?

My guess is they just made the same model for both, and only the Premium and LE have the mechs inside to open it up, since it looks pretty sealed with no gaps.

#1940 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think its going to be similar to Tron in that its going to be a little underwhelming (for many) bone stock, but once the right mods are added it will shine up nicely. Add some ships, replace the cheap looking pop caps, some other items yet to be thought of and it will look good. The real down side is that its starting out with a much higher price.

I agree - needs new pop caps, new playfield LCD bezel, side art and maybe some fancy EL type lighting on the ramps.

I wish the tie fighter was darth vader's tie fighter and could spin when you blew up the death star (in addition to wiggling).

#1941 1 year ago

Matrix says LE and
Premium have different plastics?

plastics (resized).png

#1942 1 year ago

New style "EZ Slide" service rails too.

#1943 1 year ago

So, no Yoda on any model?

#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from woody24:

My guess is they just made the same model for both, and only the Premium and LE have the mechs inside to open it up, since it looks pretty sealed with no gaps.

Did you look at pinball magazine pictures of Pros deathstar, its not sealed and has a door. Could there be a diverter behind the Pros deathstar from left ramp and locks the balls in Deathstar then opens the door on deathstar to drop balls onto playfield during a multiball?

#1945 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

They finally added a subwoofer lineout! All models have color cordinated light shows with GIs also.

The really re-added it. Spike 1 had it.

#1946 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

New style "EZ Slide" service rails too.

I hope this means no more slam to put the playfield back in. That would be really nice.

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I wish the tie fighter was darth vader's tie fighter and could spin when you blew up the death star (in addition to wiggling).

Yes, that would have been really cool. It's difficult to stomach a 6-8k game with a bobble tie fighter. But that's what it is. There seems like there could be a way to improve this.

#1948 1 year ago

What's the production schedule?

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

I hope this means no more slam to put the playfield back in. That would be really nice.

Yea, it's dumb that 1990s BLY/WMS games still have better rails than Stern. Hopefully they are similar now.

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The really re-added it. Spike 1 had it.

I thought that was just a headphone jack on Spike 1

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orange Park, FL
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 72.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 109.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Canton, OH
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7453 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside