8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#236 6 years ago

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars... HUGE!

But damn that artwork is terrible. GOT/ACDC/ST kind of terrible. I'm sure it will look better in real life but it will still disappoint.

A year ago if you'd have told me I'd buy an Aerosmith Pro over a Star Wars Premium I'd have laughed.

I still want one... just not as much as I expected

#250 6 years ago

No need for 2 LCD's.

They could have put a cool toy there

#276 6 years ago

NASCAR loop should be fun

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Collectively, we're going to endure years of pictures of Star Wars shit glued all over this game.

Years of code gripes too

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Jersey Jack once hinted that they were.

He said a lot back then...

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

So predictable. The pinside chorus, not the game. No one has seen the game in person, heard it, played it, seen the video interaction, or experienced it in any capacity, except for a few pictures. It may be great, it may suck, but it's hard to believe that anyone can call this a disappointment without actually one flip.

Agreed, it's too early to comment on gameplay, sound, animations & code.

Disagreed, it's not too early to be disappointed in the art & toys though

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We've done this a few times before (WOZ for example has a zero negativity tolerance safe zone thread). I'll bounce the idea across the other mods and see if the team feels we should do something like that for Star Wars; likely too early for the need of a thread like that but I'm not opposed.

I'm totally just gonna go into that thread & troll it because it's weird to have a "safe thread"

Join me, it will be fun

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I forgot, the Colonel and other haters are Pinball design experts! Rotflmao
Last 3 Ritchie has done are Ac/dc, Star Trek and Game of Thrones.
Ac/dc is hard to beat BUT the hyperdrive and layout, I'll take Star Wars right now
And Dwight doesn't suck, in fact, he's pretty damn good!

My "collection" is 100% Stern...

My wishlist is 100% Stern...

So I when I say Stern's Star Wars game is a disappointment it means one thing... I'm purdy disappointed

When I saw the art, layout & toys for TWD, MET, KISS, GB & Aerosmith I thought "wow"

This is not the case with Star Wars. When I see it I think "welllll sheeeyat"

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Get an AS Curly, problem solved, that pin is GREAT.

Likely soon but not just yet

I still don't trust Stern 100% at the moment.

#1305 6 years ago

If folks can say they like XYZ about this game then others can certainly say they dislike XYZ about it.

To say you've seen enough to like it while others have not seen enough to be disappointed is just weird considering we've all seen the same thing.

Simply put this game lacks the art of Aerosmith & the toys of Ghostbusters which is a turn off for some. Factor in how its a dream theme for perhaps the highest majority ever & disappointment occurs.

Several recent Stern games received very warm first impressions so Pinside is not full of Stern haters.

If I didn't know any better I'd think there's 799-800 people defending this game because they preordered it 2 years ago.

I will likely end up with one eventually because its pinball & star wars. But... for me & my game room this title quickly went from being #1 priority to acquire next to #? priority

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

my main gripe about the game is lack of features on the playfield

Panzer brother... The more things change the more they stay the same lol.

You and your "interactive toy count" kill me. You are like a F'n BOM pinball auditor I swear.

My will has strict instructions to put you in charge of selling my games for the wife. You would itemize the shit out of my TSPP features & sell it for a fortune.

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wait, arent you contradicting yourself? If folks say they dislike XYZ about this game then others can certainly say they like XYZ about it, no?..

Thats exactly what I said tho. No contradiction occurring I assure you. Wait, are you messing with my head? Was that a Jedi mind trick? Lol

Quoted from PW79:

If folks can say they like XYZ about this game then others can certainly say they dislike XYZ about it

#2173 6 years ago

My friends & family are well aware I like pinball & Star Wars

They often say "I can't believe YOU of all people don't have a Star Wars pinball machine"

I usually reply "There's a few to choose from but none really check all the necessary boxes"

Something tells me Stern's Star Wars will end up, in my own mind, as all the other Star Wars games.... good for a few rounds & then never ever again.

I am spoiled living by CP Pinball. Chuck has owned the DE, Sega & WMS Star Wars at one or more points over the years. After getting a few initial exploratory games under my belt though I'd walk right past them & never give them a 2nd thought... ever.

So I'm sure I will play a few rounds but it's doubtful I pile quarters into what so far seems to be a generic Star Wars overlay on a stripped down game. The more of this game, it's price & features I see the more it's guaranteed to never end up in my basement too.

Oh well, Aerosmith Pro DOES excite so I still love me some Stern pinball even if one of my dream themes fell a bit flat of my "love it gotta buy it" criteria

#2177 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Obviously it was all done over stock photos, but was still done by hand, not a "insert photo, click filter, done".

Wait a minute... that's no filter. One pic is how I see @ 7:00 am while the other is how I see @ 4:20 pm

#2579 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

The only thing i gained from that video is that Gary gives bad interviews and called Han Solo "Hans"

Gary said in another interview that Hans is his favorite rock band ever

(JK)

#3171 6 years ago

Never take pinball advice from Ice

He bought a Bowel Movement 66..... & then later on a GBLE during the play field meltdown. So he's a Stern soldier no matter what they do.

In the past he preordered games that were like 3 years behind schedule (WOZ & TH). Then the dude preorders TBL, Predator & Atomic Zombies... All he needs to do now is put in an Alien preorder & send kickstarter funds to Vonnie D

Also he's from Texas

Maybe a lawyer too

No thanks Ice lol

#3178 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Ummm....he is in on Alien.

Lol well then

#3184 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf u talking about Curly, I have an Alien pre order too!
That resume sounds really bad. Especially the Texas lawyer part
But see how much I've learned over the years from my mistakes! Not much

Buy a Golden Tee to redeem yourself sir

You can gamble up to $50 per round

1 week later
#3755 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry. I'll take rogue squad over this any day.

#3810 6 years ago

I've watched some BM66 videos...

Man, there are like ZERO interactive call outs.

I mean like damn near none lol. Reminds me of the very first WOZ video... slot machine sounds & all.

Hopefully SW ships with audio (a few posts above seem to support this)

Aerosmith shipped with decent sound right? (I've only played it on location in a noisy enviroment)

#3813 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I have a Batman 66, and that isn't accurate since at least the last 2 code updates.

Right arm, good to hear.

2 weeks later
#4480 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Seems like a year ago when GB images were released, everybody was pretty dang hyped over all the cool looking playfield toys, layout and artwork. Goes to show people like toys and good art. Then play footage and rules hit, and it lost a lot of steam. Hopefully SW, while I wish had more on playfield, will play better and be more exciting to play regardless of lack of as many toys.

In my case GB lost steam due to QC issues, the need for weird aftermarket plastics, Stern's lack of replies regarding QC & their track record for code.

This time around, in my case, SW lost steam because of a price increase on a shitty looking sparse game with terrible artwork. If only it had DE style SW art. If PinballFX makes custom SW art for their games then I'm sure Stern could have too.

To me SW reminds me of GOT Pro.... an empty PF with bad art & a few Steve ramps.

PASS

#4485 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

SW represents the vast emptiness of space, wouldn't you expect GB to be more densely packed with stuff?

Lol

#5355 6 years ago

"Dad, do I have a college fund"

"No, I financed pinball machines @ 10%"

#5438 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tie fighter assault mode and multiball are being tweaked. New code expected soon.

"Stay Tuned"

#5566 6 years ago

I too was wondering why someone was waiting on an SD card

There's like 10 in my house right now

If I had a new game I'd be downloading shit onto my own SD card right now

#5567 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Unauthorized copying of software is illegal. This includes distributing the software over the network or Internet – not just burning a copy of the CD or DVD. Copyright law protects software authors and publishers, just as patent law protects inventors.
IF SOFTWARE IS NOT COPY-PROTECTED, DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO COPY IT?
Lack of copy-protection is not the same as absence of copyright. Lack of protection does not constitute permission to copy software to share or to sell. Unprotected software enables you to safeguard your investment by making a backup copy. In offering unprotected software to you, the developer or publisher has placed a significant amount of trust in your integrity.

It's illegal to misrepresent a product.

You know, like a pinball machine that doesn't have the code to boot up

Integrity & stuff

3 weeks later
#6470 6 years ago

IMO Stern knew SW would ghost & that's why they announced their new policy

#6569 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Gotta wait in line my friend, they can't crank them out all in one day. Do you cut in line at the DMV? They don't offer wait times there either, so I don't plan lunch with a friend anywhere around that time. Just like I wouldn't plan a "party" around a pre-order pin that hasn't shipped yet.

Are you saying Stern is the DMV of pinball?

#6588 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well the good news is the game is a secondary attraction and the party is for the McGregor fight. With Stern Telling me two weeks and at the time being six weeks away from the party I pretty much thought I had time on my side. At the end of the day I just won't be playing into these pretend supply and demand scenarios next time around. I'll wait until they are on the street..

It's your distro IMO

I think some distros have deep pockets/credit & make large orders to keep stock high. Others I suspect have limited working capital, be it liquid or credit, so they make smaller orders & the results are you waiting for another shipment.

Unless production of your model has not begun? If so, well, that is what it is.

#6593 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Man talk about friggin first world problems.

Agreed.

I'm @ home today trying not to puke.

There's a NIB en route to my house today.

Will it arrive safely? Will it arrive on time? What about concealed damage? Will it ghost? Is the cabinet going to split? Will the software & bugs get taken care of? What about node boards?

The life of a pinball idiot is a difficult one

#6598 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

did you jump back in? last i read you were out on buying NIB and your distro didnt have any AS in stock.

I'm an idiot & very indecisive. I ordered it Friday

201609_0647_hiccg_sm (resized).jpg201609_0647_hiccg_sm (resized).jpg

#6631 6 years ago

Wow that is a lot of stress you got going on there. You better start drinking heavily!
AS is a Cinderella Story out from nowhere fun game!
No one has more fun playing pinball than Pinsiders, I think?, so you should love it! If you don't I am sure you got 500 posts in you as to why. But please play the game once before you hate it. Ha!

Cabinet split

Plywood has issues

Clearcoat has debris in it

Forklift driver put a hole in the box

So please, tell me more.

#6634 6 years ago

First page in the AS manual says all these things are normal now and are not covered. It is in the manual. The manual!

Quoted from kermit24:

Avoid the debris

Lol not sure if I should laugh or be pissed

Well played fellas

Aerosmith rocks BTW

#6638 6 years ago

I'm not kidding

All of that is true

Luckily the game was not damaged. It was a super small poke in the box (that's what she said).

My 2 cabinet issues are unrelated to shipping & I'm awaiting a reply from Patrick to my distro.

PF issues are a non issue. The debris is disapointing but its a PF not a Lambo.

I like the game. None of the issues are terrible or really picture/story worthy at this time. I will certainly share updates if something changes tho.

#6641 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those issues certainly sound severe and picture-worthy.
Please assuage my fears!

You want a pic?

Here's the guy building your game IMG_0233 (resized).JPGIMG_0233 (resized).JPG

Just kidding lol

#6646 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Pics or its not true

I agree 100%

I'm awaiting Stern's reply first. If they handle it well it I will share a "yay Stern" story with you all.

If they dont, welp, I will certainly share that story with you all too. Pics, video & all.

Till then you can just consider it "not true" by all means.

My goal is to be easy to deal with during all this rather than a loud mess on Pinside. I have to make things right for folks all the time w/my job & nothing is worse than trying to help an asshole lol. So I'm gonna be cool at this point in time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=pw79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.