8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How can anyone judge a pin one way or the other from a couple of low-res pics?

It's Pinside, that's how.

It's GOT all over again...the art is shit, so the game must suck as well. I think the art is shit on GB, and the game is still a hell of a lot of fun.

Ridiculous...

#96 6 years ago

Look closer. The hyperspace ramp entrance seems to be on the top left. If that's got magnets shooting that up into the ramp, then back down around the habitrail right in front of the player and into the Death Star...well...that'll just be f-ing amazing.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, I noticed that. It's interesting shot, but overall, there's no layers built up on the playfield. It's just naked ramps, and that's about it.

He's not the King of Flow for nothing...

(Keep in mind that people argued exactly the opposite about GOT LE. It's like the guy can't win.)

#527 6 years ago

I'm betting there's a hyperspace effect on the LE translight when you jump to hyperspace in the game. I hope there is. If not, somebody will rectify that soon (as someone said before).

There's a lot of stuff we don't know about the game yet...things you can't see from these low res pics. I bet there's a lot of cool stuff in it when it's finally shown next week.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta love Borg. I think Ritchie passed the best designer torch long ago.
Still gotta see how this one plays before I decide to marry her or not.

She doesn't want you. You've been with that disgusting BM66...some of your purple might rub off.

#781 6 years ago

The Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru remains action figures are the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Please tell me somebody makes them. I'll take 3 sets. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

2nd favorite toy?

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You'll see.
When you have all 6 of your SW games next to each other, there are only 2 that don't look like a lunchbox:

#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern lovers and Star Wars fans all I can say is, I'm sorry.

No need to apologize. I love my GOT and I'm super-excited for SW.

I'm still amazed that people haven't learned not to judge the entire game from a couple of low-res pics...

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I couldn't tell you why, but I am a bit disappointed that they didn't go with the new trilogy over the original one.

Little kids don't buy pinball machines. Big kids do.

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I don't know man, Force Awakens raked in what? A billion dollars worldwide in the theater? I'd say there's a big kid market for it. I'm 41 and saw it three times in the theater.

True. But using the old movies capitalizes on the new movies AND nostalgia.

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

- thrones: released: hate hate hate on art....top 35 pin; Ritchie + Sullivan combo from the get go and put together one of the best rulesets in all of pinball in which I consider the pro one of the best pins ever.

I agree with all of it (although, as you know, I would have substituted "pro" with "LE/premium").

...and the crowd cheers...

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So what you are saying is if a girl is not attractive, you should still have sex with her, I may like it??? Beauty attracts, and this pin isn't a beauty.

Yes...beauty attracts, like The Hobbit did with you. It can also put you asleep once it begins to talk and perform, as The Hobbit did with me. And you sold yours for a reason...

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Only sold it to get DI. That's the ONLY reason.

Understood. And now I know that Congo and EATPM are better than The Hobbit.

#1363 6 years ago

In the middle of the night, I woke up to take a piss and realized that I was also relieved that there weren't giant Disney logos plastered all over this game.

#1430 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Got: EVERYBODY bitched about the art and the "stripped down playfield." Turns out it's great, one of sterns best.

Thank God for this statement...I thought I was the only one who thought this.

I've been fairly quiet in this thread because I'm reserving judgment until I play it. So far I like what I see...

(And I'm still getting an LE - I don't think the artwork is that bad!)

#1455 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

OMFG. Your arrogance is un-f*n-believable.

For my money, this is the best post in the entire thread...

...because CrazyLevi UPVOTED it!

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've been working since I was 10 pusky.

Child prostitution doesn't count.

#1464 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I mean, ST, GOT, and ACDC are all pretty notably fugly so he's not having a great run, artwise.

...but the games are freakin' AWESOME!!!

#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

It's funny, but I've never really been able to get into any of them, though I'm not a big Steve Ritchie fan. I just don't find his pins very, idk, involving? They feel like the "game" is secondary to the ruleset.

Fair enough. That's the way I generally feel about Pat Lawlor.

#1498 6 years ago

And here's my thought from last night's middle-of-the-night piss: I'm pretty sure, for the price, that the LE won't come with a shaker. And that's REALLY gonna piss me off...

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

You sure do piss alot Mr Boob.

Obviously, you haven't reached 52 yet.

#1507 6 years ago

Not really sure why Pinside is allowed to vent about the frustrations over Star Wars, but Steve Ritchie isn't allowed to vent about our venting?

#1548 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

He can vent all he wants, but he has to consider he is also selling a product and it is not smart to piss off your potential buyers. So free speech..yes, he can say whatever he wants, but he needs to be prepared for any fallout from those words....just the same as all of the rest of us. If I came on here and trashed by employers products and this got back to them, I would expect to be fired....free speech or not. It is up to Pinside to decide if calling everyone here a "Disease" is shrugged off, or if folks will take a stand. My guess is since this is the beloved and long awaited Star Wars grail, there will be very little, if any impact. Steve and Stern know they could sell an egg crate with a playfield right now, so long as they paint on a picture of Darth Vader and slap an LE designation on it.

What I'm not getting is why he would piss anybody off with his opinion? A lot of opinions here I disagree with...even when they're opinions about me. Doesn't bother me a bit. So he smeared Pinside, so what? He worked his ass off to design his last 2 games, and they've both taken a drubbing here (an unfair one, IMO). I'd be a little pissed about it. I'm still buying his games, even if the guy directly calls me a dick to my face. I don't really care. Keep making great games, and I'll keep buying them.

His only error, I think, was painting this forum with such a wide brush. A lot of great, intelligent, and fair-minded people here.

Not me, though. I'm still a judgmental dick.

#1604 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Besides isn't Trudeau doing "The Beatles" with Chris Franchi art. The only question is which game is coming out first!

Say WHAT now???

#1651 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Just comparing pics from Stern's own site of GB and AS with SW it seems apparent to me why there has been a hesitant initial reaction.

But see, to me those first two games look like clown puke. It's way too busy and your eye isn't drawn to anything in particular...just an explosion of color. Art is entirely subjective, but I always prefer a LOTR or POTC type playfield over something that "loud."

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Take away all of the art and you still have 2 games loaded with toys and features and one that looks super empty.

Yeah...but that's why it has flow.

C'mon, now...you don't have to jack up every playfield with bullshit. AFM is one of the emptiest playfields ever designed...and one of the greatest games ever.

#1677 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And as bigd1979 said, you will end up taking a pretty good sized loss on it when you sell it (just like I did).

Don't sell! My wife told me yesterday that's her favorite game...and it's in my top 3. Doubtful I ever have to worry about taking a loss. But yeah...when the value takes a big hit, that sucks. That's the nature of a hobby, though...

#1769 6 years ago

While enjoying my 3 AM piss last night, I finally realized what was bothering me: All the fun stuff is on the left side (Millennium Falcon, Death Star). The right side looks like Alderaan after the "unfortunate incident"--there ain't much to see. It creates an imbalance in the force. Quick!...somebody get an X-wing on that wireform or something!

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Contrary to popular belief, clowns eat 'people food'. They are in fact, people. Weird people, mind you, but their puke should be similar to yours and mine. And visually, entirely dependent on diet.
I only bring this up to help you drive home your point in the future (for example, my next project) in a plausible and understandable way. My suggestion is to reference diarrhea after eating brightly colored cupcake frosting and/or a colorful candy that retains color when spewed with a hint of bile.
Hopefully that will help! Thanks!

Well played! I look forward to meeting you at Pintastic so you can break my balls in person.

#1837 6 years ago

Doesn't look like the rails on the LE light up, though.

#1890 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

One thing though: that hyperdrive right in front/over of the flippers
How anoying will that get ?
Any other games like that, input please.

I don't think it'll be much of an issue. I never noticed the cross-habitrail on Congo that went right over the lower playfield window, and I never notice it on Funhouse or WOZ when the ball is in the middle of the playfield. Your eye kind of looks past it.

#1893 6 years ago

Oh...and no shaker, right? There goes another $150 to upgrade that.

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i got my last one for 75$ delivered from my distributor.

Just talking out my ass, as usual.

#2016 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Dimples Dimples Dimples

Dimples? Well...I'm out.

#2027 6 years ago

Here are the things I'm disappointed in:

No light-up rails on the LE.
No shaker on the LE.
No magnets anywhere except on the hyperspace accelerator.
No glass translite.
Not enough toys and everything is on the left side. (You're welcome, Panzer!)
Slow-motion video makes it look like you're playing The Hobbit.
No multi-color RGB on each insert as in previous games.
Exploding death star looks like a light-up mushroom.
And NO PLATE ON THE LOCKDOWN BUTTON!!! (I mean...REALLY???)

The things I like:

The hyperspace thing looks pretty awesome.
Let me get back to you on the rest...

#2100 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

This is my first Star Wars Mod, the the video Promo...
The audio which should of been used .... John Williams !
» YouTube video

Well, that just made me like the game more. Go figure...

#2261 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Talked to my former classmate and he did the artwork for the Pro cabinet. Yes, hand-drawn, based on a stock model image. He said it was crazy to see it out in the public so soon after finishing it. (just a few weeks)

...and he did a beautiful job, too!

#2274 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Anyone else have any other magnet ideas?

I was gonna put my Yoda refrigerator magnet on the coin door. That'd look cool.

#2280 6 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

Well, for better or worse, just ordered the LE. I've got a remodel going on, so it will probably sit unopened in the box for a couple months. If I play it on location and it stinks, I might just sell it NIB

Who still had them?

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Who are you calling?

There's this distributor in Nigeria...

#2596 6 years ago
Quoted from oktobernv:

Distros ASKING $9K for an LE in the USA is not a "lie"
sucks.....

That could only be Automated. They buy machines, jack up the price, and wait for them to sell out elsewhere so that desperate people will pay their prices. But elsewhere is exactly where people should be looking now, while they're still available.

#3046 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Consumers can determine the quality and value for the same exact MSRP cost of this title.
I do not believe a game features matrix is required for proper comparison in this case.

Consider the difference a licensing fee for a whopper of a theme...versus something with the girl from the Progressive commercials and a cell phone.

DISCLAIMER: Dialled In is a GREAT game...

#3068 6 years ago

Just saw this t-shirt on Facebook, and laughed so hard I might have spotted a bit...

alderaan_fullpic (resized).jpgalderaan_fullpic (resized).jpg

#3109 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

it's a far cry from GOT's upper snoozefest

I beg your pardon, sir! You must not be playing it right.

#3116 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Consider the work an original theme takes. No video clips or sound clips to slap in. No pre-existing story/theme to base modes and features on. No pre-existing art to recycle. No built in audience for easy guaranteed sales. I'd venture to say that the extra development costs of an original theme actually cost more than license fees.

Quoted from TVP:

The reason the SW machine is price rich and feature poor is certainly not due to the licensing fee.
Perhaps it is that stern is making machines today at their lowest cost of goods sold ever and their profit per machine is at its highest.
They are simply putting less dollars into a machine than ever before.
While there are no other manufactures that offer a lower cost PRO model like stern does, they are really raking in the money with prems and le's.
Sterns lowcost pro model is their bread and butter and competitive advantage against everyone else.

I clearly hadn't thought it through when I posted what I posted. Both great points, gentlemen, and I stand corrected (actually, I'm sitting down, but you get what I'm saying).

#3124 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

9 multiballs?????
Where did you get that info.
sounds like a multiball-overkill to me

Quoted from iceman44:

See what i mean, it bears repeating!!!

Yes, I'd like to know what the supposed sweet spot is for multiballs? My position on multiballs reads like the welcome sign at a Turkish bath house: The more balls, the better!

#3126 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, $5400 isn't cheap! At some point people need to ask themselves "Is this game worth $5400 to me"? That questions seems easier to answer for AS Pro compared to Star Wars Pro.

I actually don't think of it that way. I think that in the worst case scenario, if the game sucks donkey balls, I can sell it for about a $2k loss. And yes...this game is worth 2k out of my pocket to me.

A brief aside: I bought a Super Chexx for $2400 and played it for ten years, then sold it in perfect condition for $1800. So in 10 years I lost $600--or $5 a month--on a game I really enjoyed. Worth every penny. I wish more people looked at these expensive toys that way.

#3243 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This is one of the most moronic things I've ever seen you say, man. Really? Someone doesn't understand the rules because YOU haven't had a 45 minute game? How do you think *WE* -----====ARE====----- having 45 minute games? We're locking mode balls left and right, stacking multiballs, getting add-a-balls off the spot target and Into the Fire and Barrel Escape... MY GOD THE GAME HANDS YOU MORE BALLS THAN YOU GET IN HYPERBALL FFFS...ON A SILVER PLATTER....
The real question is how are you NOT having 45 minute games?!?
I was at a private owner's house the other day helping him fix another game, and his like 5 or 6 year old daughter played ball 1, I played ball 2 and got all the way effectively from the start of the game -1 mode to making 3 unsuccessful kill shots on Smaug (monsters were up...ugh..) and then Into the Fire and COMPLETING it and shooting victory laps for a minute. I didn't even play ball 3 because I was just tired and needed to get home.

After cancelling my order twice, I played one at my friend's house a couple of months ago. One game, and it must have been about a half hour long with about 6 balls...and I put the GC score up. Pretty easy game...

#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is no one concerned about the hyper ramp so close to the flippers? I mean obviously no one knows yet for sure but I want the Pre I just can't get past that, looks obstructive.

After the AC/DC cannon, that's like a wide-open view!

But seriously, folks...I think the ball will be flying by so fast you won't even notice it. And wireforms crossing playfields (like every Pat Lawlor game) have never bothered me either.

#3266 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ever hear of opening up outlanes and removing the center post? Easy to make it tougher.

They were. Man, you must suck!

#3278 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

My prediction now based on further game assessment review is Data East's Star Wars pinball machine from 1992 will receive a major boost by approximately $1000 in value within a 6-12 month period following mass production of this title.
Enthusiasts may not know this exact circumstance already occurred with William's Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure when Stern released their version of Indiana Jones in 2008. Hopeful opinions are identical from the time period as are the circumstances. Hype faded quickly as the Stern's Indiana Jones was reviewed, and became a less than coveted title.
MSRP price creep + basic feature reductions + recycled playfield design + reused assembly concepts + reduced build quality = average game.
Art is not the determining factor in this case. Code and a LCD unforunately will not protect the design.
Stern missed an opportune target from the standpoint of long term interest, not initial pre-order sales.

So, how was the gameplay when you played it?

#3284 6 years ago

Really, the two major complaints from most people have been the artwork and lack of toys. But the artwork really isn't bad, and artwork never stopped GOT from being a great game. And as for the lack of toys, well...that playfield looks just like a big 'ol blank canvas for guys who like to mod their machines. Stuff a few aftermarket toys in there that have been modified with LEDs, and you'll never remember how empty (and overpriced) this machine was in the first place.

#3296 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Steve mentioned in his seminar that the player has to choose a character at the beginning of the game, like on GoT. I found that a horrible feature on GoT. Never watched the show, so have no clue what to choose. Same with SW. Never watched the movies, so probably not a game for me. I seriously wonder how adding such choices to the game is helping novice players to appreciate it.

Luckily, GOT defaults to House Stark, which is the easiest mode to get started in, and a perfect choice for non-pinheads to just walk up and play. And you don't need to know anything about the show to select a mode; the screen tells you the advantages of each house. From what I've seen, Star Wars is exactly the same thing. I've played a lot of games from movies I hadn't seen...it's never stopped my enjoyment of the game (Congo is a perfect example).

#3458 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Probably not, except for style of game play. SW looks like it will play very fast like just about every other SR game (except GOT).

GOT is so fast that I drained yesterday from the right sling to the left post and down the inlane and past my flipper before I even saw it. No idea what you're talking about (and then there's the ridiculous kickback that scares the shit out of first-timers). I thought ACDC was fast until I got GOT. (Neither are as fast as Tron, IMO).

SW looks to be even faster, and it sounds that way based on what CrazyLevi said. Let's hope!

#3467 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Which SW version are you buying?

The good one.

#3468 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm a huge fan of the show and have to agree with Rarehero here.
I like the concept of choosing, but can't figure out the rules. If you're going to code that deep and complicated, produce a youtube video walking players through it at least. Youtube QR code to it on the instruction sheet or something.

Start a mode to battle a house. Shoot the colored shields within the time limit. Defeat the houses to reach Hand of the King and Iron Throne. Sure, there's more to it, but that's it in a nutshell. You're welcome.

It's ACDC that I can't figure out, and I've had that game for 2 years...and Bowen's rule sheet is 30 pages long. THAT'S friggin' ridiculous...

#3470 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well I've done that! I guess I do get it! Eskaybee made it sound so confusing when he explained it!

I told you how to play the game and understand the goals...not how to get scores so high that the numbers run off the side of the DMD. Eskaybee is the God of GOT...and I hate him for it.

#3515 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

uuugh...why the delay?? if games are in production as we speak its not like they have anything to hide or finish prior to letting the dude stream it...maybe trying to get one last code update before the first stream?

I just keep playing my GOT. Helps me keep my mind off the wait.

#3521 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry to restate my concerns but someone posted that someone at Stern said people will be pleasantly surprised at how much code is completed at launch...
I remember following GB before it launched and hearing the same thing... then 1.5 years later and the code is basically at the same point. I have no concern with art or playfield or toys. I want a game that at least has a promise of cod being completed at some point. No promise on GB and it has been said the code is finished now with modes incomplete / missing.

GOT was virtually complete upon release. Just needs one more small update for bug fixes, etc. This is the same team and I expect nothing less.

#3689 6 years ago

I know I'm a little slow, but I just noticed that there's no bottom to the habitrail on the sharp turn in front of the flippers on the LE/premium. That's a good indication of just how fast the balls are going to be whizzing around there if the centrifugal force will be enough to hold it against the rail on the turn. That's pretty frickin' cool...

#3701 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Love Ewoks or hate them, I think we can all agree that the new age song Lucas put over the Ewoks celebration in the SE of Jedi sucks balls.
Give me the "Nub Nub" original song any day!

They both suck.

#3741 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did someone say Jaws widebody pin?

They would never make a widebody. Too much wood=Too much BOM=Less profit.

#3832 6 years ago

It was right in the feature matrix, second line down. This was discussed many pages back...

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#3852 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Hello Randy raab

Hello, creep.

#3904 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Crazy how people could potentially get games in hand before even seeing ANY gameplay footage. For crying out loud, where's the footage? I'm not buying anything before seeing it first.

But I thought you ordered an LE already:

Quoted from konghusker:

I agree, but I'm in on an LE, smart or not, and distributors want commitments now. Hard to commit without seeing it. Pro buyers are in same boat if they are shipping now. How after 2 years they don't have something to show is beyond me. I'm still in, but I can't justify sending money for an LE until footage is revealed. Guess we'll see. I wouldn't buy a pro either without seeing it play first.

Here's your quandary: You're actually NOT in on an LE before you pay for it...and I can virtually guarantee if the gameplay footage blows people away, you'll be shit out of luck on getting an LE.

Hence the reason why the prepay model will never die.

#3906 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have a very strong feeling that when gameplay footage is revealed and when people see both how the game shoots and the level of code that the game ships with, perceptions of the game will increase significantly.
I don't know if LE prices will shoot up or not, but I think demand for this title will be huge once people get to see and play it.

I don't know if they'll shoot up, either...but you certainly won't be able to get one from a distributor anymore. I think they're almost entirely sold out already. I think if you're even thinking about getting an LE, you just get the thing and sell it if you're not happy. It's Star Wars...I can't imagine it would lose that much value on a resale.

#3908 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Hey boob, he lives in Canada so he's got better odds than all you folks in the states. Not everyone in Canada wants to spend $14K on an LE.

I thought you guys only have one distributor...and that he was sold out. ???

And while your money might be devalued, it sure is the prettiest money I've ever seen!

#3967 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Oh, my feelings are hurt.
It's a viable option next to the real thing just for learning each game alone much less not wanting to spend a ton of money. I've been playing the real thing since I was three and until you actually try it next to a real machine, you'll see how close it is. It's nice to have every game you love in one machine even though it's virtual. I've been playing pinball since '77, you can be a purist or open yourself up to trying it out. It won't obviously steer you away from the real thing as it is. It hasn't here.

I think he was saying what he said based on that one sentence he quoted you on. I actually agree with everything you've just written...but to say that the differences between real and virtual are negligible is laughable. One is a tangible multisensory experience, and the other is like wearing virtual reality goggles (which look stupid, btw) and pretending you're really there.

#3979 6 years ago

We'll have our answer as soon as buyers post YouTube videos. If they're taken down quickly because of copyright infringement, you'll have your answer as to why we have no gameplay videos.

#4005 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

August 16th here. Mine's allready on the sea.

That's one slow f-ing boat.

#4036 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

'I am buying a Premium and I really don't care if an official Stern gameplay video *ever* comes out'
'That said, we are in for a LE!'
...well mystery solved folks. Still plently of blind buyers out there willing to purchase 10k paperweight with less than Beta code, no video demo, and they're proud of it too! Right on

But you're wrong. Levi actually PLAYED the thing and said not only was it a helluva lot of fun, but pretty complete code-wise, too.

Don't be jelly.

#4045 6 years ago

I know I've got kids in my neighborhood--as well as students that live across town--that are waiting for me to get this machine. It would be nice just to shut them up and have them over to play it. They keep asking me when it's coming, like I have any control over it.

#4053 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How did they know it existed (or would be existing soon)?

I talk about pinball when I'm teaching class. You know...because I can't be on Pinside when I'm teaching.

#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

The more I look at all three versions of this game, the more I wish that I could get the premium playfield features in a Pro cabinet with Pro translite.

Get both. Swap out the guts in each game and sell the pro game in a premium cabinet. That will be the "true" LE!

#4287 6 years ago

My distro said your distros suck.

BTW...I did hear death stars were shipping separately to be user installed. If that's true, it's a new low for Stern. I really hope it's not true. You don't pay that kind of money to have to put shit together yourself. Why don't you just send me a kit and chop 60% off the price?

Note to Stern: Wait to announce your machine until the machine is ready to be shown. Assemble the machine and ship them when the game is ready to be shipped. The WHOLE machine. You guys already have enough other machines to build without building incomplete Star Wars pros...don't you?

#4310 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

But Boob, you put the legs on anyway.
You unfold the head and screw it in.
You cut any ties holding toys in place.
You plug it in.
You adjust the level.
You add the balls.
It's never been plug and play!
Besides, rumor has it you can restore any pin fro any year back to good as new! So adding a Death Star toy is academic!

Horseshit. You're SUPPOSED to do those things...not assemble the friggin' playfield.

#4313 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Well good news: I expect if you tell your distributor that you would prefer to wait, they'll be more than fine with that.
I'll take mine now, thank you! And cool that they aren't delaying all shipments instead.

If you're getting an LE, the parts should all be in by then, so it won't be an issue. I feel bad for the pro buyers.

#4315 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah must be rough getting a brand new pinball machine.

You shush and go kick my ass on GOT.

#4322 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Pro and Premium\LE Death Stars are different parts, mechs and assemblies. Not sure you can state this to be truthful.

Right...but if they can't get the death stars in for those machines in time, there's a serious problem with their vendor.

#4330 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

civialans on pinside complaining that their game doesn't have the toy zip ties cut off is absolutely hilarious. Did you know that there are litterally thousands of other "games" that are delivered in pieces? If you want to hire someone to set up your NIB pin in your living room, we are available.

Not sure you know what you're arguing about. I never complained about cutting zip ties. That was Sinestro that had to call in a tech to show him how to remove the glass and cut the zip ties.

I'm complaining about Stern shipping incomplete games, then shipping the death star separately (and later) for the customer to install themselves. If you think that's an okay way to run your business, then remind me never to do business with you.

#4348 6 years ago

So...no gameplay video this week?

#4367 6 years ago
Quoted from Triggerfish:

Don't know about about anyone else, but as a teacher, that's what I'm doing.....

Loser.

#4384 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

My opinion on Dialed In has zero to do with the cell phone. Overall, theme was neutral in my opinion (although selfie mode seemed to appeal to more of a 12 yr old audience, but whatever as it didn't reduce the playability of the game).
What I felt was missing was any feeling of excitement. Same as when I play a Twilight Zone or Hobbit, for example.
If anyone likes those titles, cool -but they don't get my heart racing like Walking Dead or Aerosmith.
So it's awesome that JJP has a decent game out and that people are giving it great reviews so far... But I don't think anyone in here (a Stern StarWars thread) gives a lick. Jumping in here, and toting DI as being better than anything Stern has ever done is pretty douche-baggy, no?

Yeah...I'm not really sure how DI found its way into a SW thread. But I'm a big fan of what JJP is doing, and of course, WOZ got me into the whole pinball mess to begin with--and I still love it. I spent a lot of time playing DI last week and I really like the game. Got a lot of bling and fun gadgets and magnets and whatnot. But I wouldn't own one...still excited for my SWLE. That said, I'm also excited to see what JJP does with POTC or whatever else is in their future.

#4417 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

DE SW is premiering at pintastic in 6 days. No discussion.

The Data East version? I've seen that one already.

#4440 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

cc on his AS. jk.

Wtf???

#4442 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Clearcoat on his Aerosmith LE

I read it as "credit card" on his Aerosmith (just kidding). Thanks for the clarification!

#4474 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Not completely off-topic, I'll throw this on the blaze. I played a stock GB premium yesterday for the first time. Comparing that machine to what we've seen so far on SW I'd feel ripped off getting a SW premium. Art, hardware and exploiting the license. Doesn't look like they come from the same company. I apologize if this comparison already have been made.

You're absolutely right about the BOM of those machines. But GB isn't exactly a game that's been garnering praise, and a lot of people are dumping theirs because it's so frustrating. As stated above, I'll take my chances with the unknown over GB and hope it's just more fun to play.

#4504 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Plenty of praise among us owners, who are many.

Not a lot, just a few vocal ones.
It's OK Boob! You can still love Star Wars! I might too!

Hey...I said I liked it, too! And I'm not sure I'll even LIKE SW until I play it this weekend...

#4540 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet. Dwight will be on the stream too. Hopefully it's not too hectic for him to give us some good insight into the rules. If this game is like GOT, it's gonna need some splainin'.

Didn't seem to keep you from kicking everybody's ass.

#4583 6 years ago

SO glad I'm still in for an LE. Looks like a blast even without the hyperdrive ball lock. The premium/LE could be epic...

...but I'll try not to get TOO excited.

#4584 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pro looks like a good bet for the price but the other models are way to much imo .... especially bc how many features it keeps off the other modles.

You shut up. It'll be awesome.

#4606 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Game looked fast and furious, and I'm sure its fun. But dang it the artwork is SO disappointing. Just finished playing my STLE and compared to that, this looks like a turd (but definitely doesn't play like one going by that video!)

I actually like the playfield art on SW better. Although, of course, the STLE package is light years ahead of this machine. Definitely not a turd, though.

#4614 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Another Steve Ritchie pitch-n-bat with terrible art, bouncing tie fighter looks ditzy, LCD animations are a step up.

I wish I could design a pitch-n-bat like that.

#4620 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Game looked fast and furious, and I'm sure its fun. But dang it the artwork is SO disappointing. Just finished playing my STLE and compared to that, this looks like a turd (but definitely doesn't play like one going by that video!)

One more comment about this: Once you diss another game and follow it with "Just finished playing my _____ and compared to that...", I stop listening because you just sound like you're defending your game (for whatever reason).

So let me try another spin on this:

Just finished playing my GOT LE, and the artwork on the SW playfield blows GOT's artwork away. Both games are fast and furious, but man am I glad the artwork on SW isn't a turd.

Just keepin' it real.

#4622 6 years ago

Those guys have an entire thread to themselves, and that's all cool with me. As long as there's no hanky panky while they're waiting behind me in line while I'm playing a game. I've got a pretty nice ass.

#4637 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Outstanding integration of music, video clips, and audio clips from the films. Really impressive.

I agree.

The good news is: This is shaping up to be the best Star Wars game ever made.

The bad news is: That's not saying much.

#4787 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

cumming in my house

I'd hate to be the person doing the housecleaning.

#4813 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I do feel for those that love AC/DC & Star Wars ... that'd be a tough sell since the layouts are very, very similar.

You don't need to feel for me...I love them both. Have an ACDC premium and getting SW LE. The layout might be similar, but the gameplay seems worlds apart. (Like Funhouse/Congo and Tron layouts are similar but play completely differently.)

#4899 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Wrote a massive rant But deleted it. Short version... massively disappointed. I was REALLY looking forward to Stern bringing their A-Game to a Star Wars title. After the reveal, and seeing the game play demo yesterday, not only do I not want to buy this table, I have no interest in even playing it. In my opinion, possibly the worst table they have ever designed.
Hope they make a profit and keep making products, hope people who like this table enjoy themselves, but the direction they are moving with design decisions is clearly not for me. I might need to wait out the current trend before I get to enjoy a new table again. Until then I'll go back to enjoying older titles.

Fair enough. Based on your collection, this game might have been too fast for you...with no cheap drains.

#5063 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just rebooted the game.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Excellent work, thanks!

I had to show him where the power button is.

#5064 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Playing again. Somehow on a game where you get 10 million for even plunging the ball, Beelzeboob only got 4 million then drained.

Look at my face for God's sake--my dick got caught in the coin return.

#5089 6 years ago

*review retracted due to extreme stupidity*

#5111 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

By mods, do you mean that it just needs some more visual eye candy to get the Star Wars vibe going stronger? Or, do you feel it's lacking some interactive ball aspect that the Premium/LE hyperdrive might address.

Yes.

#5123 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I gotta say Beezleboob, that shirt that you are wearing is EPIC!! LMAO

Why, thank you. It's the reason I had a...um...problem getting stuck in the coin return.

#5126 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A guy might be able to pick up some chicks with a shirt like that?

I was actually hoping Vid was around.

#5156 6 years ago

#5170 6 years ago

#5175 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What did you think of the lighting effects when you played it?
Rob

Awesome. One of the highlights (pardon the pun!). Video was great, too...but that button-mashing blow-up-the-tie-fighters thing was ridiculous. I didn't even see it going on until a guy reached over to do it for me. I was too busy playing pinball. Perhaps there's a callout for it that I didn't hear in all the noise, but again, that's why I'm reserving judgment until I play it in a quiet or home setting.

#5176 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm wasted after some shots with yzfguy.

Colson just propositioned me in the bathroom.

#5206 6 years ago

Okay, I just got done playing the game with DaveH and ForceFlow in a quiet setting with the sound turned WAY up and...

Wow. Just WOW. This game is truly a blast to play. Say what you want about the sparse playfield...it's lightning fast, immersive as hell, and the music and sound are incredible. I'm upgrading my previous 7 to a 9, and have deleted all previous comments I made lest they wrongly influence somebody on the fence ( konghusker , I'm looking at you!).

This is a game that seems already almost fully coded (much like GOT did when shipping), and it's just the fastest game I've ever played. All three of us had the ball drain at one point before we could even react with the flipper in time. Think AFM on steroids (good luck with the center drain off those LCD targets!).

Terrific game. Those of you who haven't played it need to get over the art and sparsity of the playfield and play a game before judging...and DON'T do it in a loud environment with people hanging over your back waiting to play. This will be a great addition to anybody's collection in a home environment, and should make a killing on location.

And PS - My wife was playing the other SW across the room and had a grin from ear to ear the whole time. She loves it and can't wait for us to get ours.

#5210 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's always a blast to blow up a game. I put up over 2 billion last night in the VIP and I too will upgrade from previous 8 to a 9. It rules.
Now all we gotta do is get colsond3 on board !

None of us blew the game up...I think the others would admit we all had a rough time with the game. Didn't matter...it was still great, and your initial impression a couple weeks ago was spot on.

#5253 6 years ago

You don't have to stack modes. You can choose one, the other, or both. If doing two bothers you, only do one.

#5259 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

chuckwurt , Do you own the new star wars machine? I must have missed that? Wow that was fast !

I don't think he was at Pintastic, was he? I'll be really bummed if he was and I didn't say hi...and allow him to kick my ads in person on GOT. I think he owns one.

#5263 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Boob. I would've given you an open mouth kiss if I was at pintastic.

I may be 52 and fat, but I've still got it goin' on, baby!!!

#5266 6 years ago

Couldn't make that shot at all at Pintastic. I was crying like a little bitch about it to ForceFlow and DaveH, as if that was the reason why I sucked at that game.

That wasn't the reason.

#5268 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Anxiously checking the pinball map in case this shows up in Seattle (ship faster!!).

Your new avatar is confusing me. Stop it.

#5287 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Are you still getting that huge "boob hurry up" bonus of plunging it and then going SDTM? You suck. Haha.

I was having a difficult time concentrating, what with all your manly hotness standing so close to me and stuff. Made ME want to go straight down the middle.

#5333 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Just a thought, but someone needs to make a plate, or even a decal for that action button.
Rob

Yeah...Stern.

1 week later
#5742 6 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Well, anyone interested in an LE spot? Just not feeling this one.

Have you had the chance to play the pro? I wasn't feeling it either until I played the game.

#5807 6 years ago

Yep...the games are shipped directly from Stern anyway (in most cases), so it doesn't really matter who your dealer is. Both are excellent choices, and smart phones and the internet make this a VERY small world, so any dealer anywhere can take care of your issues, regardless of who you choose.

#6135 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Got to play the pro onsite at my distributors store and man was is that game fun!!! I can't wait for my LE to show up, I'm hoping to see it soon..

Hear! Hear!

...but this is me waiting for it:

#6149 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably his best performance, ever.

Yes. Much better than Chaplin.

#6158 6 years ago

Wait...so Freddy has an LE? And he's streaming it tomorrow on his Facebook page? Does anyone know what time? I'm going to have to have my German translator with me when he says something along the lines of "Beelzeboob ist ein Douchebaggen."

Any clarifying info would be appreciated...thanks!

#6203 6 years ago

Thanks for the pictures. But they're too far away...I can't tell if there's any ghosting.

Google says your video will be ready shortly, so maybe it's uploaded and processing (like Facebook does when you upload a video). Either way, thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

#6211 6 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I just returned from Freddy's Pinball Paradise and thought I might share my first impression especially regarding the hyperloop:
I think they had a very early LE software on it. And we were all asked not to take any photos and videos (I guess because of the early stage of the software, but I don't know exactly) So the use of the hyperloop might change in future versions.
I noticed the following ways the hyperloop was utilized: 1) You shoot a ball into the death star. The ball is then being hold so that you can select a mission. After you made your choice the ball would be coming back out of the death star dropping onto the playfield.
2) If you make the hyperspace hurry up shoot into the death star the ball is being shot around the hyperloop 4 or 5 times and then being fed to the right return lane and the right flipper. This was a bit underwhelming for me. It's very fast... but not interactive at all. You shoot a ball up there, watch it making it loops and that's it.
3) on a very rare occasion I noticed that someone made a shot up the ramp into the death star and the ball would be fed right back to the right flipper (so without making a loop). So it's basically another left ramp shoot bringing the ball back to the right flipper.
I never saw more than one ball in the hyperloop. But I guess that's just because no-one made it that far. One big downside for me was that if the Death Star ramp was up and you'd make the shot in the inner loop towards the backside of the ramp, the ramp would stop the ball, go down and release the ball. It seems like the ramp cannot go down fast enough so that it doesn't stop the ball in the inner loop. (If anybody knows what I mean ) But again maybe this can be solved by software or adjusting. I don't know.

So was the hyperspace loop used as a physical ball lock? i.e.: the locked balls were whizzing around while you're playing? Because that would make me shit my pants with joy if that's the case. Then again, at my age, I usually just shit my pants climbing out of a chair.

#6216 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

The game looks slower than the pro overall in the video. Interesting too about the horseshoe becoming a one way shot, I guess it makes the shot safer as the ball really seems to scream out of there but maybe it does a weird return when it is not at speed? The hyperloop feature could look pretty cool but if multiple balls are going and they return to the flipper down the wireform hopefully there is some sort of release so it can feed the balls so they don't bunch up?

Uh...WHAT video???

#6220 6 years ago

I agree that it looks slower, but that has to be because of the pitch that the game was set at. Physically, it's essentially the same layout as the pro. No reason it should go slower (as opposed to GOT which had an extra playfield jammed in to break up the flow).

#6225 6 years ago

So, based on the video of the LE, Steve Ritchie just signed a card on the apron for this game? Not even on the playfield itself?

#6227 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

More importantly Mr Boob, how are those piss breaks going?

Meh. I just go with the flow.

#6230 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

If this is true, that is bull. FFS.
But the wording on the feature matrix was odd...
"Designer Autographed collectible featuring Steve Ritchie's signature".
I guess this is a "designer collectible".

Here's your "Designer Autographed collectible"...

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#6233 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The reason for the signed card is probably due to a lesson learnt from BM66, no signed playfield means there are no physical differences between the Premium and LE playfields, that way the QC department cannot sign off an LE with a Premium playfield in it and create the need for another playfield replacement programme.

But that's hardly a collectible, no matter how they try to spin it.

#6307 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Jjp should buy lisences from disney and make a star wars pin, original 3 films only.
I bought a LE. But was really hoping for more, AT ATs as a bashtoy. Lazers. Stormtroopers. Blowing up stardestroyers, this theme/music is epic. Stern is only init for the money, its too emvious but, come on mr jersey doo this, give us a well designed nice SW pin, we all deserve it.
Ill pay 10k euro gladley, just make the pin epic

They tried to do that but lost the bid to Stern. So now we've got what we've got.

#6347 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

SW will never be MET with that playfield layout. Not even close. Regardless of code

At least the music will be better.

#6360 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

very impressive! was that on .87?

No. It was on Photoshop.

#6391 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

As awful as I feel for having to do it, I just hit send on my cancellation email.
I just can't see spending $8500 for what I'd be getting. I'll play the sidelines for a while and maybe pick up a pro down the road.

My friend (who thought the game was $15000 like the BM66 SLE) just saw the LE today and thought it was awesome. He's looking to sell his Safecracker to get a SWLE. I may be PMing you to find out who your distro is. Mine is still sold out!

#6486 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Are you in in the US or overseas??

That's Gary.

#6488 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Boob, let's have an unboxing party when ours shows up.... I'll post some pics when mine arrives.
Rob

You're Canadian. You'll get yours way ahead of me...and have better booze to drink during the unboxing. Like Sortilege, that maple whiskey from Quebec. Holy crap, is that good! I've got literally 3 bottles in my bedroom.

But I digress...

If my GOT is any indication, I'll get my LE after everybody just because I live in Jersey...which is the first word in "Jersey Jack Pinball." So Gary hates me and the rest of NJ and puts us at the bottom of the list. Oh, well...

#6491 6 years ago
Quoted from grimboys:

Wait, i live in Jersey as well...does it take long for them to ship to us? This is my first NIB so im new to this lol

No. It probably won't take too long since we're the only two suckers in America that stuck with our LE order.

#6506 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is Stern on to the domestic LEs yet?
Would've been nice i they posted some video of them on the line.

They're starting with the California shipments and working their way east.

#6511 6 years ago

I feel I need to mention that I was just joking about the California-to-East thing with the shipping. In case anybody is REALLY excited about that. I just said that to Trekkie because we live in Jersey and it seems to take forever for games to get here. Well...my games, anyway.

#6562 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I'm a customer dropping over 9k on a product sight unseen

Uh...who's YOUR distributor? You're getting ripped off...

#6652 6 years ago

Thank God you guys asked it. If it's two different colors, I'm cancelling my order.

#6655 6 years ago
Quoted from grimboys:

It looks like some sort of tape to prevent the moulding from scratching

Okay, I'm back in!

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Awesome!
What number LE is yours? Steve Ritchie signature on a card or gold plate?

Mine has his signature on a ripped out piece of Page 6 from the Chicago Tribune.

#6725 6 years ago

I missed the stream.

#6797 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

» YouTube video
Special shout out to PinballSupernova for taking a video my my machine.

It's about time. Just sayin'...

(Thanks for posting this, btw!)

1 week later
#6957 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I got my LE Wednesday....and it was damaged in shipping *suck*. Now it'll probably be 3 to 4 weeks to get it back

Mine is coming Monday...after sitting in a warehouse for 10 days. Not feeling good about this...

#6962 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Am I the only one that would have just kept it?

Yes.

#6973 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

forget about stern toppers they are just crap. another money grab by them,
they cant even make a decent topper.

Game of Thrones topper is epic.

#6977 6 years ago

Is today "opening day" for you?

Yep. Box undamaged. Waiting for my son in law to come over so we can have a nerd party.

#6979 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm picturing this:

...and you were in my house WHEN, exactly???

#6981 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What's with all the silverware coming out of boob's head? some kind of fetish maybe?

I was born with a silver spoon in my ass.

#6983 6 years ago

Since I finally got my LE, I don't want to beat a dead horse about this game with stuff that's been hashed over a thousand times already.

But this game is really a lot of fun. The naysayers and backseat bean counters can hem and haw about how the game is a ripoff (especially at the LE level, and I would agree), but the rush of the hyperloop, the speed of the game, all the movie clips and music from the films...it's all wonderfully done.

However, it's gotta be one of the hardest games I've ever played. Total drain monster...I'm going to play with the leveling to fix the kickout from the side scoop STDM, as well as center drains from the right side of the inner loop.

The code is good already and will only get better. I'm a happy customer...even when I want to put my fist through the glass.

#6991 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

GB is a tough game too, but you get used to it.

That's just because of the cheap drains.

#7000 6 years ago

Is there an echo in here?

#7001 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

We got our NIB star wars pro before the weekend, to our club in oslo.
As someone mentioned some pages ago, we also are having issues with a strong detah star shot sending the ball SDTM.
I went over it yesterday, made sure the right orbit exit (hoth shot) and the area near the flippers are level, and as far I can tell with a levelling tool, they are. Still it goes STDM. Any tips on how to fix this? Do we have to make the back of the machine some 0.x degress unlevel, if so to which side would be most effective?

Okay...I just fixed this on mine. Thanks to Trekkie1978 , whose advice I've been following since I got my machine, I lowered the pitch so that the bubble was between the lines on the level...more along the lines of a 6.5 degree pitch (it's already fast enough!). That has pretty much fixed the problem, believe it or not.

I love a 7+ degree pitch as much as other adrenaline junkies, but this game seems to have been designed with the standard 6.5 in mind. You may still have to play with the side-to-side level, but try it perfectly level around 6.5 (bubble between the lines) and see if you're doing better with that.

The bitch is that the inner loop will still send the ball screaming toward my flippers where it will literally skip right over them and drain. Not sure what anybody can do about that...sounds like a Ghostbusters thing.

#7006 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

you already got your LE ?

Yes.

#7007 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Put some more dimples in the playfield and maybe it'll slow down a bit

To do that, I'd have to not suck. That's why my games always look so perfect.

#7009 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They all are
Never trust a bubble

I never do...because mine are usually all the way at the top where I can't see them.

#7034 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have to say, it's such a shame that some posters made it their mission to destroy this game before people got their hands on it.
Everyone who has played my LE has been blown away by it.

Don't be sad. The next Stern pin to come out will either be designed by Borg, have art by Dirty Donny or Zombie Yeti, or will be jammed with a bunch of plastic stuff to dress up the playfield. Either way, people will love the game before anybody even lays hands on it.

It's the yin and yang of Pinside. Nowadays the look of the game seems to be more important than the gameplay.

#7040 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Torque the scoop as far left as possible.
Take off the right ramp, take off the plastic above the scoop. You can access it with the hyperloop still in place. Set to 40.

Worked for me. I eject to the right flipper, though...not to the left.

#7047 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As it can be tweaked to go either way, I wonder which way Steve Ritchie had it designed, for the right or the left flipper???

I would think it has to be the right flipper. No matter how much you torque the shield to the left, it's still pointing to the guide on the right which is aimed down toward the right flipper. No idea how you could get it to the left. Perhaps Trekkie1978 could chime in on this one...

#7048 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

That is definitely true, it's very fast.
I'm not a great player, decent at best, so I haven't gotten really deep into either game.
For me, GOT has great shots that seem easier to hit. I'm sure part of that is I have owned GOT for over a year and SW for a couple of weeks.
The immersion factor is way better (IMO) on SW, the music, call outs, and video integration tie in perfectly with the game. GOT still seems lacking in that department.
Yes, there are glitches in the early code but is an amazing game already.
As always, if there is any way you can play it before you buy definitely do, you know what they say about opinions.......

I think the difference in displays gives SW the edge in immersion. You can't really compete when the dots suck.

What I'm amazed by is the speed of this game. I used to think ACDC was fast. Then GOT came out and was really fast. But this game? I was doing escape from Boba Fett with the lighting effects, hit the inner loop, and the ball was in the trough before I even knew what happened. With SW, literally if you blink, you can miss it.

#7062 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

This game fills the void that GOT left when I opted to sell that.

YIKES! That was a mistake...

#7074 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Im still in 2 minds. Have a pro ordered and paid for but can wait and pay the extra 2k for a premium. Le is out of the q as i just dont think the extras are worth it.
Anyone played both and have an opinion? Would be much appreciated.

I have played a pro and own an LE. Here's my honest opinion: Get a premium. The goodies on the premium/LE are so much fun, but of course the LE isn't worth it unless you're a fanboy nerd like me and you've gotta have it. The code is incomplete and it's a little buggy, but you can see how great it'll be if they give Dwight the time to work on it.

#7151 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Just a question - I have been on Pinside for years, but I never followed the GoT threads.
How was that PF received? Was it considered bare?

Not bare. Just ugly.

#7156 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Everyone here is a master designer, coder, and artist.

I'm just an idiot. That must be why I love most games.

1 week later
#7209 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I don't have a lot of experience with modern pinball machines (most of my experience was in the 70s) and I have what may be a stupid question; at the end of every match, there's an explosion on the display followed by a 2 digit number and it's always a multiple of 10, e.g. 00, 60, 90, etc. What is that number?

I actually think your lack of knowledge is refreshing. Everybody around here is usually a know-it-all.

You'll learn something new in this hobby every day. Never be afraid to ask questions!

#7221 6 years ago

I actually have only one question left about this game: Where the f**k is the overpriced topper???

#7224 6 years ago

Looks like they already dropped the projection part of the R2D2 topper...

#7254 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

UPDATE, I was able to play another SW Pro tonight for many, many games, with sound....and...you are all correct that more playing time and sound helped me start to enjoy the game. The problem is it was next to a Dialed In which I also played heavily, and holy shit does that showcase how stripped down Stern made SW. WOW a packed game like dialed in, but Star Wars, that would have been incredible.
I stand by my statement, Stern did not deserve the Star Wars license.

Look at the SW playfield on the premium/LE and the area around the hyperloop. There's really no place to put a whole bunch of plastic shit to load up the playfield without interfering with the path of the ball (more space on the pro, I think, but they're not going to put extra stuff in a pro). I've bought a few toys I'm going to mod with LEDs and tie into flashers, etc...and I'm even having a tough time figuring out where to put them without having them get in the way.

DI has a lot of stop and go because of how packed the game is. SW is a wide open, flowy game. Two totally different pinball experiences. Both great.

#7256 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How aboot the trash?

How aboot in your ass?

People complain the game is too empty. I'm fixing that. Don't be jelly.

#7258 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You were much better when you had a sense of humor.

I still have one. I've removed your down vote to make you feel better.

I know people like to trash the modders around here, but I'm putting an x-wing on my game that lights up when certain things are hit, along with a few others. I'm hoping it will look more like it should have out of the factory. There's no way that's not cool - when I mod I always want it to look stock, not like somebody jammed toys in a game.

Still friends?

1 week later
#7274 6 years ago

I did agree with you, but since I have been on PS to much lately I am now bitter and negative and I base all my views on BOM's on pins, so GB is now better to me.

I think I love you. Thanks for the laugh...I owe you a beer at the next show we're both at, or if you're ever in Jersey.

2 weeks later
#7321 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Now played LE and Pro.
Pretty shocked that I think pro looks better and plays better, smoother.
Going to wait for completed code and if finished and if polished, could see myself getting a pro.
Yes, it is toyless more or less but it was fast and fun, even though I really don't understand the code yet.

The one you played couldn't possibly have been set up properly. When everything works as designed, the premium and LE are far more fun than the pro

#7324 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Says the LE owner. all things aside, you can't go wrong with either!

The HONEST LE owner. I've played both. I bought the LE. I'm the first one to admit when I buy something that's shit. Which is why I bailed out on Hobbit. Honesty is in short supply on this forum, but not with me.

#7326 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Anyoneknow how to adjust the hyperloop, death star dropout? (After hyperloop and mission select). The ball goes right between the flippers every single time. There is no way to time it, bump it, or anything, its a death shot. Can the fork be tilted?

Don't tilt the fork...you'll f**k it up. That shouldn't be happening. Have you checked your level side to side? And is your game pitched at 6.5 degrees? This is the most finicky game ever for making sure it's completely level and right at 6.5 degrees of pitch. I had a lot of SDTM from the inner loop and ramp before I changed the pitch and tweaked the level. Check it, yo.

#7329 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Man, there's no way any tweaks in setup is keeping the ball from hanging up on those forks. It's a bad design. I'll buy adjustments fixing the loop returns or even the mystery kickout, but that jump ramp is just sloppy. The game I played was set up perfectly by an owner that knows pinball well. 2-3 times a ball it would settle behind the forks.
It also introduces a degree of unreliability into the Death Star shot. Shot too hard? Reject. Too soft but clean, SDTM.

Are you talking about when the ramp is up? Or when it's supposed to be down and the ball is getting hung up? When it's up, then of course the ball gets stopped behind it until the ramp lowers. I haven't seen it get hung up when it's not supposed to.

And the wireform needs to be adjusted to assure a clean death star shot every time.

#7332 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Thank you. It is nice to finally hear some honesty from a Premium/LE owner. People have been trying to defend SW like it was one of their children that was being picked on. I really want one but I am thinking it is a pass for me now. It is one thing to deal with beta code(I can handle pre mature code) but I can't stand games with mechanical issues that should have been corrected long before the game ever left the factory. This is Steve Ritchie's second title in a row with major mechanical issues
Have I mentioned how disappointed I am. I am really bummed that my dream theme has turned out to be mediocre at best. I have a gut feeling that Stern will not be able to turn this title around(at least for Premium/LE-there may be a sliver of hope for the pro).

And apparently you only hear what you want to hear. It's pretty much the only game played in my house over the past 2 months...it's that much fun. I'd love to get pissed off at it and sell it so that I could make some people here happy, but I just can't help you. Mine plays great.

I had the orbit issues on GOT, which I was literally able to fix in 15 minutes by widening the mounting holes on the diverter. That sucked, but it wasn't a dealbreaker. SW doesn't have any mechanical issues that I've come across yet, outside of scoop and wireform tweaks.

#7334 6 years ago

You clearly don't know me very well.

#7353 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

At the same time, I can see why people would really like it. I can understand that side, which is why it's bumming me out that I can't click with it so far. But hey, games I thought much less of ended up being stuff I liked, so there's hope.

I swear to God, I want to wrap my game up, drive it out to Kaysville, set it up in your house and have you play a few games, then slap the back of your head and say, "What the f**k is WRONG with you???"

But yeah...I respect your right to be wrong.

#7360 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Wait, so you're saying that you can backhand the Death Star shot? I figured the gate was to prevent it. Mine must need an adjustment then. Its just a matter of making the sure its not bent and swings smoothly right?

You can, but not when the ball is resting. You can absolutely do it if the ball is moving from right to left towards the left flipper...if the angle is just right you can backhand it up there. I've done it a few times. And what swinging gate are you talking about that would prevent that?

#7362 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I can backhand mine from the catch, its not easy but its pretty doable and I am average at best.

Yeah, but I suck.

#7366 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I had it perfect when i first set it up, but good idea! I will check it again for side to side, makes sence, its a long drop. Where should the ball hit? Left or right flipper?

Left, as I recall.

#7380 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Sweet Jesus. No fuses. Spike 2 is

Spike 2 is WHAT? Jeez...don't leave me hangin'!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 21.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 10.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.