8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 150.
#6801 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

» YouTube video
Special shout out to PinballSupernova for taking a video my my machine.

Great! Thank you !!

The Death-Egg ... I mean Death-Star is not bad.
I think the Tie Fighter would have been cool if it were like Slimer on GB=Premium flying around and it was harder to hit, but I realize they did it once already so doing it again so soon would not have been received well.

#6802 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

If I understand correctly, you only put these on when you are going to raise/lower the playfield.

Yes.

IMG_2562 (resized).JPGIMG_2562 (resized).JPG

IMG_2563 (resized).JPGIMG_2563 (resized).JPG

#6803 6 years ago

This is interesting. The front upper cabinet bracket has a bolt that goes through to the front. There's no way these cabinets will ever split again. They also put the old style brackets back in on the front too.

IMG_2564 (resized).JPGIMG_2564 (resized).JPG
IMG_2565 (resized).JPGIMG_2565 (resized).JPG

#6804 6 years ago

Did those brackets make it into the pro too or is that an upgraded feature?

#6805 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I would imagine so. With the cabinets having decals, each one would need to be the same.

#6806 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I would imagine so. With the cabinets having decals, each one would need to be the same.

Stern secretly upgrades their cabinet construction. What they playing at?

#6807 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

No there not on my Pro.

#6808 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This is interesting. The front upper cabinet bracket has a bolt that goes through to the front. There's no way these cabinets will ever split again. They also put the old style brackets back in on the front too.

They might using the LE as a test pilot for these brackets.

#6809 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Stern secretly upgrades their cabinet construction. What they playing at?

Expect a price increase on the next theme.

#6810 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

They might using the LE as a test pilot for these brackets.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they use them on premiums and LEs and not pros. The pro is a budget machine.

I've been wondering if the playfields may soon be different between them too. Spend some extra money on premium and LEs to tailor to those needs.

#6811 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they use them on premiums and LEs and not pros. The pro is a budget machine.
Honestly I've been wondering if the playfields may soon be different between them too. Spend some extra money on premium and LEs to tailor to those needs.

I agree 100%.

#6812 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is in the release notes for the code:

Is this ordered from Stern? Available?

#6813 6 years ago

I thought I's add a little update now that I have had my LE for about a week. First let me say that I didn't know Stern could still make a game this awesome (love my LOTR), the game totally rocks. My son was out of town last week and got to play it with me for the first time all day yesterday, he said it is now his favorite pin we have (I have some good ones). He loves the fact that its an adventure with different strategy's like a lot of video games he plays (he is 16 for the record).

The positives:
The music and the video clips (have .89 code) are awesome. They completely bring you into the star wars world. I love the random clips even during attract mode. Ironically the one time I got my wife to play (she's too busy with tennis), the sound cut out after we each played our first ball. It was a panic moment and i didn't want to kill the game because I had a good score on ball 1. The game felt a lot different without the music, but what game wouldn't. Luckily it came back after restarting it (has anyone else had this happen?).

The artwork is so much better than I was expecting. We had an unboxing party with some other pinball fanatics, and they all agreed. Definite thumbs up here.

Gameplay is fast, and very quick ball times until you get used to a couple shots. Death star shot isn't as tough as what I was hearing people say. The plunger shot that banks off the targets and drains down the left outlane is killing me, even with the post moved in....
The hyper loop completely makes the game. I actually feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have it. I can't make an argument for the LE over the premium, especially since I like the transit for the premium better anyway. And the black armor on the LE is nice, but I could do a better, and more custom powder coating on my own.

Cons:
I would only say the things the game should have come with, especially being an LE, but didn't.
I added a shaker motor, definitely worth it. Also added the non-glare glass and under cabinet lights (blue), both awesome. Waiting for pingraphics to make powerbladz for this game. And I'll wait and see on the R2D2 topper, I usually custom make my own off of a model.

Overall big thumbs up, and if you like star wars . . . a must game!!

#6814 6 years ago

I would also recommend changing your ball save time to 10 seconds, once you get control of the plunger shot, its all good.

#6815 6 years ago

The positives:
The music and the video clips (have .89 code) are awesome. They completely bring you into the star wars world. I love the random clips even during attract mode. Ironically the one time I got my wife to play (she's too busy with tennis), the sound cut out after we each played our first ball. It was a panic moment and i didn't want to kill the game because I had a good score on ball 1. The game felt a lot different without the music, but what game wouldn't. Luckily it came back after restarting it (has anyone else had this happen?).

My LE sound keeps going out after game is on for like 5 min. I just set the game up yesterday. I played one game on original code with no issue with sound then updated code. After talking with Stern tech support they are saying I need to swap my cpu board. He also stated I should reinstall new code which I did with same problems. I am now waiting on new CPU board.

#6816 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

I thought I's add a little update now that I have had my LE for about a week. First let me say that I didn't know Stern could still make a game this awesome (love my LOTR), the game totally rocks. My son was out of town last week and got to play it with me for the first time all day yesterday, he said it is now his favorite pin we have (I have some good ones). He loves the fact that its an adventure with different strategy's like a lot of video games he plays (he is 16 for the record).
The positives:
The artwork is so much better than I was expecting. We had an unboxing party with some other pinball fanatics, and they all agreed. Definite thumbs up here.
Gameplay is fast, and very quick ball times until you get used to a couple shots. Death star shot isn't as tough as what I was hearing people say. The plunger shot that banks off the targets and drains down the left outlane is killing me, even with the post moved in....
The hyper loop completely makes the game. I actually feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have it. I can't make an argument for the LE over the premium, especially since I like the transit for the premium better anyway. And the black armor on the LE is nice, but I could do a better, and more custom powder coating on my own.
Cons:
I would only say the things the game should have come with, especially being an LE, but didn't.
I added a shaker motor, definitely worth it. Also added the non-glare glass and under cabinet lights (blue), both awesome. Waiting for pingraphics to make powerbladz for this game. And I'll wait and see on the R2D2 topper, I usually custom make my own off of a model.
Overall big thumbs up, and if you like star wars . . . a must game!!

Yeah, from what I've seen so far, this is going to be Sterns next monster title.
People are going to have to play it in person though. After seeing the Deadflip video, I very nearly cancelled my preorder. I was nearly angry at the little that I saw that was happening on the playfield.
Fast forward to today, (4 days after getting it), and this game is mind-blowingly fantastic. Such a rush!
Now in saying that, I've always been a Star Wars fan. I don't own any figures, or anything nuts, but I always liked the movies so the callouts and missions are all very familiar.
The shots are mixed. Some are pretty easy. Some are pretty tough. It's a great blend.
Can't wait to see what the next code updates offer!

I truly expect MOST people who had previously chimed in on Pinside, calling Stern out for going cheap, and selling a game with a spare playfield are going to be eating crow.

#6817 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Now in saying that, I've always been a Star Wars fan. I don't own any figures, or anything nuts,

Holy shit, I almost spat out my coffee when I read that. So if some guy has a $15.00 figure, that's nuts, but a $9000.00 pinball isn't nuts? I think it's safe to say everyone in this hobby is quite clearly nuts

mittens

#6818 6 years ago

I forgot to comment on the light show, absolutely amazing. Great utilization of color during different parts of the game, definitely contributes to the feel of Star Wars. And the tie fighter button is a lot of fun. Its a risk/reward, especially when your friend thinks he's helping by reaching across to hit it for you, and taking out any visual you have of the flippers

#6819 6 years ago

Yea the light show is amazing! Anyone else having sound problems?

#6820 6 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Yea the light show is amazing! Anyone else having sound problems?

I was just about to ask here about sound problems. Quite a lot of times I only get sound from the subwoofer. The front speakers don't work. I checked connections but no issue there. After a couple of restarts it might work again. Any suggestions? Thx

#6821 6 years ago

I'm glad people are enjoying their games, but enough with the "anyone who said otherwise will surely regret it!" takes. Have fun, do you, let other people have their opinions ffs.

#6822 6 years ago

e26 (resized).jpge26 (resized).jpg

#6823 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I truly expect MOST people who had previously chimed in on Pinside, calling Stern out for going cheap, and selling a game with a spare playfield are going to be eating crow.

Well Copernicus that won't make a diff'rence to the 88% of people canceling because of all the math.

#6824 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm glad people are enjoying their games, but enough with the "anyone who said otherwise will surely regret it!" takes. Have fun, do you, let other people have their opinions ffs.

My comment was based on the MASSIVE amount of negativity that people have been spewing based on pics and videos only.
Some have played the Pro and didnt like it. That's cool. I'm not arguing that -but the sheer number of pages of commentary about Stern reducing the b.o.m. and phoning this one in, are absolutely insane. WAY too many voices and opinions shouted out prior to anyone having first hand experience playing the game.

But hey; if you prefer that everyone make blind commentary based on little information and want to read that shit, be my guest.

#6825 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well Copernicus that won't make a diff'rence to the 88% of people canceling because of all the math.

I'm telling ya: I'll bet the LEs are sold out in the very near future.
I was a little put off on the ruleset initially for the "math" reason too, but I expect it will just add to the strategy in the future, once I understand the multipliers etc. In the meantime, I just park the multiplier shots on the Deathstar, and focus on the modes.

#6826 6 years ago

Why is everyone so worried about who will like it, and who won't? Anyone who plays the game, unless they despise the star wars theme, is going to love it. It's expensive, so owning it might not be for everyone, but if you get the chance give it a few quarters (dollars), the music alone will be worth it.
And another update, I talked to David at Stern (tech support) about the sound problem I mentioned above. Long story short, they are taking care of it. Great tech support IMO.

#6827 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Is this ordered from Stern? Available?

Not yet.

#6828 6 years ago

Are the sound issues due to the new code? Anyone have a copy of the old code? If so Pm me a link..I want to install old code and see if sound problems stop...

#6829 6 years ago

I think im done with TWD kicking my ass, going to try and move into one of these Star Wars

#6830 6 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Are the sound issues due to the new code? Anyone have a copy of the old code? If so Pm me a link..I want to install old code and see if sound problems stop...

Stern keeps the old code downloads on file and in tact. They just remove the link from the site, but you can edit the new link to be the old link for the old code and download it.

Example- Here's the link to SW Pro .87
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/star_wars_pro-0_87_0.spk.zip

#6831 6 years ago

The sound issues for me at not bad enough to revert back to .87. I am sure they will be fixed soon. Dwight doesn't mess around.

#6832 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The sound issues for me at not bad enough to revert back to .87. I am sure they will be fixed soon. Dwight doesn't mess around.

Same here. Still, A couple times today I heard a sound bite that had to be playing backwards or something.
Like Yoda devil-speak.

#6833 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure if you don't like a game that is fine, but friggin try to like a game before you write it off.

And don't be a total DB and watch a video or put in $5 on location on an unleveled game and get ready to go online and say how much you hate it. Also don't be a DB and complain about how you wanted a game to be made and designed "my way" with "my vision" so you hate it now because it is not. Not "you" yourself neccessarily, but others.

Some idiots who judged SW way to early will stick with there guns and still not even try to like like it ever. I say good don't buy it, don't play it, don't think about it and that's fine, but just stop bitching like a bitch about it. Bitches!

#6834 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Sure if you don't like a game that is fine, but friggin try to like a game before you write it off.
And don't be a total DB and watch a video or put in $5 on location on an unleveled game and get ready to go online and say how much you hate it. Also don't be a DB and complain about how you wanted a game to be made and designed "my way" with "my vision" so you hate it now because it is not. Not "you" you perhaps but orhera couls be the you.
Some idiots who judged SW way to early will stick with there guns and still not even try to like like it ever. I say good don't buy it, don't play it, don't think about it and that's fine, but just stop bitching like a bitch about it. Bitches!

Yeah this describes Aurich to a T.

Give me a break. WOW!

#6835 6 years ago

Finally getting our Star Wars Pro today for our pinball club in Oslo! Woohoo.

Was just informed that the distributor recieved Death Star parts and an EPROM with code.. I assume the base code to run it. NOT so woohoo. Geeez.

#6836 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

My comment was based on the MASSIVE amount of negativity that people have been spewing based on pics and videos only.

This is just the normal release cycle.

1) Stern releases game Title - People either rave about how great it will be or are scratching their heads at the theme choice.

2) Game pictures are shown - People either think it looks amazing and will be the best game ever (Met, GB) or are disappointed (most others) but hope gameplay will make up for it.

3) Game videos start popping up. Mixed positive and negative responses.

4) First buyers start getting their game and most think it's fantastic! (unless there are QC issues)

5) First couple of years people are clamoring for code fixes/updates.

6) Two to five years code is finished being worked on and where the game sits in the pinball pantheon starts to emerge.

#6837 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Yeah this describes Aurich to a T.
Give me a break. WOW!

Agree to disagree

#6838 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Here's the thing, and this is the core of my personal issue: no software, no art, no sound effects, no extensive game time is going to change the layout. And I'm bored with that Ritchie layout, I've owned it enough times, I've played it enough times. Obviously not that exact one, but close enough, no one is going to successfully argue otherwise with me. Flow flow flow. Okay, whatever. I'm looking for something else now.

Doesn't mean the game can't be fun, or that you are bored with it. By all means enjoy it. Some people are delighted it's a smooth and fast ramp shooting experience, happy for them. No snark, I really am.

I play pinball for the physical experience. The code matters, but the physical game layout comes first. I put my money on Total Nuclear Annihilation instead. It's not as deep as Star Wars, but I don't care, flipping it is something new and fun. That's what I want pinball to be, and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

I'm tired of people brushing that off. Great, you like it, bless you and I wish you happiness with your game. My money is supporting new ideas, not overly familiar safe ones, and if that sounds harsh it's still the truth. Steve Ritchie is a god, always will be, but if he doesn't want to try new ideas I'm gonna stick with enjoying his previous games.

tl;dr Enjoy your game, stop telling me and others that our concerns aren't valid, the game is what it is and it's not changing. That's not bashing, it's just having an opinion and a principle and sticking to it. I've downsized my collection and half my games are still Sterns, but it takes more than a cool theme and being new and modern to make me want a game.

#6839 6 years ago

Ok I get my LE tomm... one of the dumbest things is the way they moved the power button from under the machine to the backhead. I mean what the heck... all my machines are lined up right next to each other. Now I have to get a stick or something to turn it on? Dumb!

#6840 6 years ago

Has anyone adjusted the Death Star shot feed? Pretty consistent stdm in my pro.

#6841 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Now I have to get a stick or something to turn it on? Dumb!

Most of us haven't even played our games since they moved the switch; can't turn them on.
Problem is with more than 1 game next to each other you really only have 2 options.
Hire a little person to live in your basement during peak playing hours, or throw a little coin to neighborhood children to keep coming in your basement whenever you need to play.
Gotta keep that shit kind of down low though I'm getting a lot of strange looks.

#6842 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Most of us haven't even played our games since they moved the switch; can't turn them on.
Problem is with more than 1 game next to each other you really only have 2 options.
Hire a little person to live in your basement during peak playing hours, or throw a little coin to neighborhood children to keep coming in your basement whenever you need to play.
Gotta keep that shit kind of down low though I'm getting a lot of strange looks.

I think I will have a little stick with a finger on the end.. and guess hang it up on the wall for easy access. ..Sigh..

#6843 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

tl;dr Enjoy your game, stop telling me and others that our concerns aren't valid, the game is what it is and it's not changing. That's not bashing, it's just having an opinion and a principle and sticking to it.

That's great, so what is your end game is the question? Are you trying to show Stern your want new things? Trying to shake up the system and prove a point?
If so that's cool and gotta respect that. if not than you're just kicking rocks down the road crying aboot it. If you're really ready to move on then by all means, move on.

#6844 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's great, so what is your end game is the question? Are you trying to show Stern your want new things? Trying to shake up the system and prove a point?
If so that's cool and gotta respect that. if not than you're just kicking rocks down the road crying aboot it. If you're really ready to move on then by all means, move on.

Does there have to be an end game ??? He is stating his opinion on a forum. And I agree fully with him. SW is more like a videogame than a pinball game to me. Nothing on the playfield, not much of a pinball game to me. No end game as far as I am concerned. The only end game there was for me was when Stern put in the manual that ghosting is normal on a NIB machine. That was the end of buying Stern for me.

#6845 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Does there have to be an end game ???

Well there kind of should be if your entire point is your over the game and your passed it....yet you still come around to complain aboot it.
I hate ACDC...everyone loves it and I don't; that's life. I don't keep showing up and bitching aboot it in ACDC threads. I get people, sorry everyone in the world, is a big Star Wars fan and they were let down, but oh well shouldn't be shocking it's a SW machine

Quoted from ronaldvg:

The only end game there was for me was when Stern put in the manual that ghosting is normal on a NIB machine. That was the end of buying Stern for me.

Can't argue with that.

#6846 6 years ago

Why do people get so worked up because other people don't like it. People are way to sensitive about what other people think.

#6847 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well there kind of should be if your entire point is your over the game and your passed it....yet you still come around to complain aboot it.

Well I read it like he is really disappointed in the game. Just as I am by the way. This should have been an instant buy for me but sadly it was not.

I am also tempted to post more about the disappointment as I see so many people accepting what is happening. Less pinball for more money. I do not mind paying more than the machines used to cost but I expect something in return. All we get is less pinball with less quality. I would not mind if that would stop and the only way it is going to, is when we let our wallets do the talking.

#6848 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think I will have a little stick with a finger on the end.. and guess hang it up on the wall for easy access. ..Sigh..

It's annoying sure, but my 12 year old can reach it and turn it on and so can I.

The worse by far is RFM, that damn switch is underneath and way back. You have to about kill yourself to reach it or crawl under the machine.

I fixed it's arse with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQELHBS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

I'm thinking about doing the same for all my machines, talk about being lazy but it's kind of fun to hit the button and watch them light up.

#6849 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just use a remote control like this for example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087EIDRS

Cheap and simple, I use them on all my games. Just plug a power strip into it and turn on games 3 to 5 at a time depending on your power setup.

#6850 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just use a remote control like this for example:
amazon.com link »
Cheap and simple, I use them on all my games. Just plug a power strip into it and turn on games 3 to 5 at a time depending on your power setup.

Ah.. good idea
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.