8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 150.
#2001 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was hoping the video mode would be a Death Star Trench Run re-skin of the HS2 video mode simple yet effective and would match the fast looks of the game.

dont forget when GB came out it didnt have cross the streams video mode so i wouldnt put out another video mode happening yet.

The lcd screen on playfield could end up being the best feature of the game, like a unlimited changing bashtoy sorta.

#2002 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is Stern trying their hardest to get us to not buy the game?
This should be the easiest sell of all time. Opening crawl describing the game with the theme playing. Pan down to the playfield, hit a shot, hear Han saying "great shot". See the ball in the pops, and hear R2D2 beeping away.
I really wish I knew what Stern was thinking on the release.

It's a real bummer. I was all set to love this pin, too. Nothing posted today convinces me.

#2003 6 years ago

No playfield magnets The force is weak with this one.
Will be fun to try it on location nearby -- except they will only have the Pro.
May not get to try a premium until next years' Allentown show.
I love Getaway -- so I may still warm up to this game if the programming makes it fun.

#2004 6 years ago

The trailer launched via IGN really isn't too flattering when compared to the recent JJP D.I. one ... aside from the content, the production is so amateurish.

The little we see of the LCDs looks like a BM'66 level (lack) of effort. Visually, the playfield barely looks better lit than unlit.

Thought I wouldn't be disappointed, given that I'm no SW fan, but it's difficult not to be after seeing that.

Open goal for JJP.

#2005 6 years ago

So the premium Death Star toy opens and theres...a cube of lights in it. That's it? Really?

Still looks like the helmets from Space Balls.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#2006 6 years ago

Video: Could they have picked a worse, less applicable soundtrack?

#2007 6 years ago

The video on IGN has me scratching my head. I know it's not going to be in the game, but how hard would it be to put actual SW music as background music for this video? This music doesn't sound anything like SW, super cheesy generic. It would have been better not to have any music at all. Lol, even Stern's GOT video... somebody had a brain to put the GOT theme song in there.

#2008 6 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

The video on IGN has me scratching my head. I know it's not going to be in the game, but how hard would it be to put actual SW music as background music for this video? This music doesn't sound anything like SW, super cheesy generic. It would have been better not to have any music at all. Lol, even Stern's GOT video... somebody had a brain to put the GOT theme song in there.

I turned off the sound after about 20 seconds. Enjoyed the video better without it. Mentally hummed Star Wars theme.

#2009 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Will be fun to try it on location nearby -- except they will only have the Pro.
May not get to try a premium until next years' Allentown show.
I love Getaway -- so I may still warm up to this game if the programming makes it fun.

Star Wars was built for one purpose....to take as much money from wallets of the world of men. Lol. It may very take some of mine.

dc81d3a35ab20dbac396a5e2ac656f40 (resized).jpgdc81d3a35ab20dbac396a5e2ac656f40 (resized).jpg

#2010 6 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

I'm sure it's related to licensing - IGN probably doesn't have permission to broadcast Star Wars music. Everything music related revolves around licensing. Microsoft had to pull Alan Wake (an old game) from the digital store because of some complication with music licensing, for example.

#2011 6 years ago

Pinside wishlist updated

#2012 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

So, no Yoda on any model?

First Lo REs pictures had Yoda on the LE right pop cap.

#2013 6 years ago

The small LCD integration could be fun.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2014 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm sure it's related to licensing - IGN probably doesn't have permission to broadcast Star Wars music. Everything music related revolves around licensing. Microsoft had to pull Alan Wake (an old game) from the digital store because of some complication with music licensing, for example.

This is exactly the case. Lucas declined the use of their music for the video. This doesn't have any bearing on what the game will sound like.

#2015 6 years ago

Dimples Dimples Dimples

bscap0001 (resized).jpgbscap0001 (resized).jpg

bscap0013 (resized).jpgbscap0013 (resized).jpg

bscap0009 (resized).jpgbscap0009 (resized).jpg

& (resized).jpg& (resized).jpg

#2016 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Dimples Dimples Dimples

Dimples? Well...I'm out.

#2017 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Dimples Dimples Dimples

I mean it´s just a Prototype...
right?...

right?...

#2018 6 years ago

I like diverters, although I'm still sad there isn't a magnet on the playfield. This would have been one place/way to incorporate a force magnet.

#2019 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Not sure what your looking at pictures on but i see visible cracks and a visible door on Pro. Im in on a premium so doesnt matter to me but i hope it does.

Okay. Guess you're taking things a little bit more literal than I thought. So I'll point out that maybe you're getting hung up on my terminology. Let me correct that. Minus the hole where the wireform goes, there's a GIANT GAP where the Pro doesn't have. And seems there's a little bit of overlap at the very top. The Pro appears to be screwed together.

But like you said, it doesn't matter.

3e30b05224a27ebe5ffe6d840252fe7f5fa45fbc (resized).jpg3e30b05224a27ebe5ffe6d840252fe7f5fa45fbc (resized).jpg

#2020 6 years ago
Quoted from thejacko1010:

I mean it´s just a Prototype...
right?...
right?...

Yes, i hope !

#2021 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Yes, i hope !

well our batman66 on location is basicly only Dimples :C

#2022 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I like diverters, although I'm still sad there isn't a magnet on the playfield. This would have been one place/way to incorporate a force magnet.

Yeah, the right way to do it is to make a REVERSE gate, have the ball head out past the gate, then have the gate open and a magnet snap it back, The Shadow style, pulling the ball backwards into the shooter lane. THAT would have been cool.

#2023 6 years ago

Dimples are ok, deep pits aren't. Without some level of dimpling, cracking is possible. There has to be some amount of give in the clear.

#2024 6 years ago

Looks like the playfield may blackout when the Death Star goes all green led (laser) and perhaps blows up (the light appears to be on inside of it).

#2025 6 years ago

Oh, look what's inside. Doesn't look too impressive in the video. Hopefully the effect is better in person or it will be subject to mods.

#2026 6 years ago

No magnets?
An electric ball gate as a premium feature? Come on , I have had EMs in my collection with this "killer feature".
A spring mounted tie fighter that is promoted as an interactive toy? Where the hell is this interactive?
A hyperloop that was seen similiar in the Grand Prix pinball machine?
Hand drawn grafix that looks like photoshop ... WHY? Hand drawn should looks like hand drawn..
A lift ramp ? Whait.. Jokers and Fire! Got one also..
No shaker? Really?
A colour changing GI ( Space Station had this too )

Nothing what makes me opening my wallet without extensive playing first, also i am a huge star wars fan.

As mentioned by others : Magnets, motorized target bar , maybe moving targets would have been awesome.

#2027 6 years ago

Here are the things I'm disappointed in:

No light-up rails on the LE.
No shaker on the LE.
No magnets anywhere except on the hyperspace accelerator.
No glass translite.
Not enough toys and everything is on the left side. (You're welcome, Panzer!)
Slow-motion video makes it look like you're playing The Hobbit.
No multi-color RGB on each insert as in previous games.
Exploding death star looks like a light-up mushroom.
And NO PLATE ON THE LOCKDOWN BUTTON!!! (I mean...REALLY???)

The things I like:

The hyperspace thing looks pretty awesome.
Let me get back to you on the rest...

#2028 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Okay. Guess you're taking things a little bit more literal than I thought. So I'll point out that maybe you're getting hung up on my terminology. Let me correct that. Minus the hole where the wireform goes, there's a GIANT GAP where the Pro doesn't have. And seems there's a little bit of overlap at the very top. The Pro appears to be screwed together.

That plus the matrix grid says the pro death star is static while it says the premium/le is interactive.

#2029 6 years ago

What are we looking at here? Ball release. "Ramp" also?

#2030 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No glass translite.

As a pinball newbie, why do people prefer glass? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

#2031 6 years ago

picard2 (resized).jpgpicard2 (resized).jpg

#2032 6 years ago

i can't be the only person that wants to play the premium/le today?

i think this simple and deep layout, along with the hyper ball guides throwing balls in front of your face 100 miles an hour looks super fun.

#2033 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here are the things I'm disappointed in:
No light-up rails on the LE.
No shaker on the LE.
No magnets anywhere except on the hyperspace accelerator.
No glass translite.
Not enough toys and everything is on the left side. (You're welcome, Panzer!)
Slow-motion video makes it look like you're playing The Hobbit.
No multi-color RGB on each insert as in previous games.
Exploding death star looks like a light-up mushroom.
And NO PLATE ON THE LOCKDOWN BUTTON!!! (I mean...REALLY???)
The things I like:
The hyperspace thing looks pretty awesome.
Let me get back to you on the rest...

Star Wars is pretty bare bones. I don't think anybody could possibly look at it and say that it is anything but. I'm still excited about the Steve/Dwight combo, but the bill of materials is laughably small, even at the premium/LE level. Unless it was REALLY expensive to use the Star Wars license, I just don't understand why they've skimped out so much on features.

#2034 6 years ago

I think they could have dumped in an extra $100 of BOM, charged $250 more and had a magnet or two and we'd all be like "cool! It's the force man!"

#2035 6 years ago

I'm considering the Pro model. I like that it has 2 LCD's and also 13 color changers as well as the multi-zone GI. It's really just missing the cool ball lock (hyperspace) and the exploding Death Star (big whoop!) not sure if those things as well as some cosmetic ships and a controlled gate are really worth it? The Pro should essentially be the same game and should play even faster! It just seems like it could use a toy.

#2036 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

What are we looking at here? Ball release. "Ramp" also?

I think so. On the Pro, that feature is replaced with 2 prong posts like in Avatar or XM. This must be the jump ramp that gets you into the hyperspace loop.

#2037 6 years ago

Not seeing to many complaints about the lack of Ewoks on this pin.

#2038 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Gap on prem/le is going to allow larger tolerances for open/closing.

But what I think the first post was meaning, and what it looks like to me, is (for this prototype at least). The pro uses the same deathstar except it is screwed together. THis would be great as aftermarket modders could have some fun on the pro!

#2039 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Dimples Dimples Dimples

For the zillionth time, DIMPLES ARE NORMAL. THEY EVEN OUT.

#2040 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think so. On the Pro, that feature is replaced with 2 prong posts like in Avatar or XM. This must be the jump ramp that gets you into the hyperspace loop.

From the matrix: "Laser-cut Jump Ramp raises from under the playfield to launch balls into the Death Star and Hyperdrive Accelerator"

#2041 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

The small LCD integration could be fun.

It actually could make stand targets fun for the first time I can remember.

#2042 6 years ago

I love lower-back dimples.

#2043 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

There seems to be at least one magnet in the so called "Super Speed Loop" for the accelleration of the ball.

#2044 6 years ago

Perspective

ST features -
third flipper
interactive vengeance ship
asteroids - does nothing
enterprise toy - lights up
star field projector

SW -
Hyperloop
interactive death star
bobble tie fighter - bobbles
millennium falcon - lights up?
2nd LCD screen

5 features each. Really not much of a difference there. Code will be key.

#2045 6 years ago

I like that it's 6-ball multiball, too. But I can't believe they didn't use any playfield magnets, though that video still shows some tricksy ball antics near the standups...

#2046 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Star Wars is pretty bare bones. I don't think anybody could possibly look at it and say that it is anything but. I'm still excited about the Steve/Dwight combo, but the bill of materials is laughably small, even at the premium/LE level. Unless it was REALLY expensive to use the Star Wars license, I just don't understand why they've skimped out so much on features.

Because they can and it will still sell like gangbusters. That's just good business!

#2047 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Steve Ritchie's shit knows more about pinball than most you guys. Sorry, gotta call it like I see it.

Did you really see Steve Ritchies shit?

#2048 6 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

From the matrix: "Laser-cut Jump Ramp raises from under the playfield to launch balls into the Death Star and Hyperdrive Accelerator"

That sounds cool. Would rather have the ball jump into something based on how well I hit the shot versus the machine propelling the ball for me like AS.

#2049 6 years ago

Any date production announced?

#2050 6 years ago

Man that video is pretty underwhelming, they should fire the marketing guy. The exploding Death Star is not good, they should have just stuck with the LCD, a light show and sound. The jiggling T-Fighter is also weak. I really wanted to like this and I don't mind the art but the features just don't deliver. That button mash to shoot T-Fighters, really?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.