8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#487 6 years ago

Question - Why does the Falcon LE model have Imperial Armor!?!?!?!?!

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Its too bad the pf doesnt incorporate the same....looks like its all based on A New Hope.

Nope. There are four locations, two of them are not from A New Hope: Endor and Hoth.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I thought Death Star interior when I first saw it.

Exactly. If you look at the falcon floor, the pattern isn't really offset.

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Surely this is not real
Looks like something zizzle made in china
Time for new blood in pinball design, there are a lot of creative people out there??

It's ok, just put it next to your other Stern machines... oh wait.

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Right now I have
Monopoly
Playboy
Batman dk
Does meteor count
Sitting next to my magic girl

Got it - I just looked at your Sternless pinside collection. Regardless, I don't think its fair for anyone to completely bash any game based on two low res photos and never playing it. Am I super happy with what I have seen so far? No, but I am withholding judgement.

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am gonna go ahead and open a "wheres the code" thread for star wars.
were gonna be needing this soon.

Because Dwight's recent games have launched without decent code?

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I did, but they said it wont be officially released until Jun 6, no pricing or numbers (how many they are getting) are available yet.

The distributors know how many LEs they are getting and the price.

#1257 6 years ago
#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Some distributors have sold places in line, essentially. No official orders have been placed.

I have been told by my distro late July for US LE delivery. Right now, it seems they are going out crank out as many AC/DC Pro Vaults as possible, then switch to SW production and only make those two titles until after expo. Still on the fence for the LE. I will decide on 6/6.

#1375 6 years ago

So, since the rumors indicate that the art isn't the same on both sides, what do you all think will be the art on the opposite sides of each model?

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Since art is the big discussion, these seem to be the best quality images I have seen so far, thought it might be worth posting them for better clarity.

Since Boba Fett is on the front of the LE, it would be awesome for the opposite side of the LE cabinet to have the bad guys.

#1408 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I'm guessing this is the other side of the LE art?

What ship is that? Doesn't look like the Falcon..

#1412 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Pro may actually be a good value here, as usual. The hyperspace thingy may not add anything to gameplay, and it certainly creates a lot of wireforms blocking your view on the playfield. Pro keeps the ramps on side and good visibility. And it still has the drop targets, the lockbar button and mini LCD. Top it off with the best artwork of the 3, cab and translite. Hmmmm.
You can easily see the No Fear style turnaround in the Pro pic. But alas, no talking Steve Ritchie voiced head in the middle of it.
"Tell 'em what to do, Darth!"
"Shoot the flashing lights to save Endor!"

I would love for the pro to be a great value like Aerosmith. But I think there will be some interactive features that I will miss, exploding Death Star and some other stuff. Just put out the damn feature matrix already!

#1414 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Higher resolution version of the Steve & Dwight with the LE & Pro, can zoom in and make out the details a little better. It looks like Death Star behind the Falcon being chased by a Tie Fighter.

That's no Death Star. That's an asteroid. It's too big to be an asteroid.

#1417 6 years ago

Also, Jabba is on the front lower right of the LE next to Boba Fett.

#1457 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Steve pretty much sums up my feelings here. It's hilarious seeing a thousand posts by people who care more about undercab lighting than actually playing whine about how bad a game is going to be based on some pictures.

Congrats Levi on the first positive? post of your pinside career. First time I agree with you. Actually the 2nd - SF2 is TERRIBLE!

#1524 6 years ago

Yes options are great and are the foundation of any Internet forum. Just don't be a dick.

#1546 6 years ago

Steve has always has some choice words. Expo 2015, Stern Factory Tour, just after Game of Thrones reveal. Steve is with a small group, myself included; chatting after the tour is over and he had some very interesting things to say about specific a pinsider in this thread. But I don't hold that against him. He was proud of his game being unveiled (that got shit on) and is a passionate guy. Love the passion even if it makes him pissed off from time to time. He cares and is human. It's all good.

#1610 6 years ago

Not really interested in any future KaPow games for one reason: another hand in the cookie jar. KaPow involvement almost certainly means additional cost. Add $1,000 to each model.

#1645 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

IMO It's going to flow very well from the looks of it and be a fast game... Tron esque if you will... The modes will be dope, John Williams score / music will immerse.. The video modes will bring you back to the feeling you first had while watching in the 70's / 80's...It's likely going to obviously have some type of controllable magnet type Jedi mind trick magic underneath the playfield in that large unoccupied area don't you worry. But at first glance I agree seems a bit lack luster from a toy / layout art stand point... yet most dig Tron especially centerflank. Also think Indiana Jones Pinball... Does it have the coolest toys, other than a controllable mini playfield no. And yet it's one of my favorite games. For me the theme and immersion / modes / game play is what to me speak volumes. I know Star Wars will likely end up into the top 25 pins of all time no doubt. I truly think at the end of the day it will be a keeper. Side note please someone make me my Jaws WIDE BODY Pinball.

While Jaws may happen, it will NEVER be a wide body.

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Just comparing pics from Stern's own site of GB and AS with SW it seems apparent to me why there has been a hesitant initial reaction.

Anything compared to Dirty Donnie and Zombie Yeti will look sparse. Everything doesn't need to be busy. But I do hope there are more interactive elements than we can see / or know about yet..

#1718 6 years ago

Hmmm let's think. A Star Wars Pro in Stereo with Spike sound quality with LCD or a Data East Star Wars with a pin sound board for $5200? Hmmmmmm. That's a tough one!!!! Said no one.

#1765 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

a distributor here in France has talked to Gary last week-end about SW feelings.
Gary would have said to him that "folks didn't have seen something special, awesome, that we would love".
i know this is true but i don't know what means "awesome" for Gary.
wait and see.

Something was lost in the translation...

#1785 6 years ago

robin please beef up the servers - We don't want a repeat of past launches!!!!

#1808 6 years ago

The website is being loaded slowly...

Stern (resized).pngStern (resized).png

#1811 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

so far - pricing is same as aerosmith

Yes pro is same MSRP

#1814 6 years ago

Prem (resized).pngPrem (resized).png

#1887 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Game certainly looks fun. Hell it's a SR title... but no Force magnets...

The video shows magnets near the force drop targets.

#1896 6 years ago

slings in pop bumper area?? Spooky?

#1941 6 years ago

Matrix says LE and
Premium have different plastics?

plastics (resized).pngplastics (resized).png

#1942 6 years ago

New style "EZ Slide" service rails too.

#1945 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

They finally added a subwoofer lineout! All models have color cordinated light shows with GIs also.

The really re-added it. Spike 1 had it.

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

$1100 more for LE over Premium for 2 signatures and 2 extra translites and lollipop rails.

Yep - Although they are more than "lolipop" rails. other armor is powder coated black too. and there is 800, which is barley limited, but limited none-the-less.

#2175 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Is the hyperdrive going to be a distraction?

I remember when I played the digital version of Black Rose, I thought the center ball return thing was distracting. When I played the real thing, I barely noticed it. I think in person it won't be a big deal.

#2200 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Man you're an enabler. You're making me weak. I've bought lesser themes to me than Star Wars as LEs. Guess their license is the money printing machine they hoped it would be.

Frolic you of all - Mr buy Mustang and WWE LE...OF course you are in!

#2228 6 years ago

You are entitled to your opinion. I respectfully don't share it.

#2269 6 years ago

High res photos present the cabinet and translite art like they should be shown. I think the games look great.

#2272 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

OOOOPPPPS.
» YouTube video

and then you had to play the rest of the game....

#2310 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those getting an LE over a premium - why?
Do you like the art better?
Just like the idea of owning a "Limited Edition"?
Does the price difference not really matter (or is insignificant to you)?
SWLE seems to offer the least differentiation and greatest price gap of LEs to date (not counting Batman SLE). I bought a STLE because I though the overall package made it a no brainer, but I just don't see the appeal to SWLE.

The price gap is actually about the same as before. Just that all models are more expensive. I love the Flacon, had every Falcon toy you can think of as a kid. I like the armor, getting all three translites, and it's nice to have something that is (somewhat) limited. Star Wars Premium will be the highest selling Premium Stern has ever released, so it is nice for me to have something different and limited.

#2380 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

see ya on the wheres the code thread!

Dwight doesn't have those threads....

#2384 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Add in shipping for DI standard and the price difference is $1000 to $1100.
Are people being quoted $7300 or $7400 shipped for SW premium?

I believe $7395 is the new Stern price "floor" or minimum. They distros benefit because they would have higher margins also...

#2386 6 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Besides the cheap looking toys and boring looking playfield LCD, my biggest disappointment is that the SW pinball doesn't have color changing leds everywhere! Only a few inserts are color changing. Is that correct? Why? Star Trek, WOZ, Hobbit and DI all show what a great lightshow you can get with that. Instead Stern is cutting costs/quality and raising prices. I'm out!

GOT Premium / LE was the last game to have 100% RGB color changing inserts. Star Wars has more than Batman!

#2388 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I stand by my comments and hate to be right but no gameplay video... likely not a good sign.

Gameplay video @ 7:30 EST today from London.

#2392 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That was canceled by Gary Stern unless they are doing their own official stream.

Oh wow... Missed that. Levi can still broadcast live footage to Twitch on his phone hopefully?

#2397 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

it was never going to be live, it was going to be recorded, then sent to timballs who put it up on twitch. the event is over. Levi is doing a live thing with timballs where he has more photos and info, but there wont be any video. Gary wouldn't allow any video at all.

That sucks! Any USA based shows coming up that it will be at? Assuming it is too late for Southern Fried in Atlanta this weekend?

#2461 6 years ago

Hi,
Can you tell me if the mini ramp that raises is used in both way?
Thanks

Lifting ramp is not on the pro, right?

#2467 6 years ago

Right.
But I really would like to know if this lifting ramp can be used in both way. I hope it doesn't only used as a simple lighting post to block the ball like on GB.

Based on the video, it looks like the ramp lifts to feed the ball into the Death Star. The opposite side of the ramp appears to be a physical ball lock. But maybe that is another thing all together.

#2472 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i was very interested in star wars le even after kiss code debacle and gb le ghosting. love star wars, got an email asking for payment in full for star wars le because of the "very high demand"
i am out, not gonna pay in full and all the issues with stern, star wars woulda had to been absolutely amazing for me to buy.

The deposit on Star Wars LE is $2,000. Stern charges the distros $2,000 for each LE they are allocated at allocation time. I would change distributors if they try to charge more.

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I paid a $1000 deposit on my Star Wars LE.

That's great. I paid $1,000 for GB, but this one went up from the same distro.

#2535 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you are one of those people who likes to put crap on top of your games, here is a monster TIE Fighter on sale at WM for $89 (it's $170 at Target):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-6-Black-Series-Deluxe-First-Order-TIE-Fighter-Vehicle-with-Pilot/49333568?u1=124370c24bc511e7b600ee7b3f3e8d1f0INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=17908833421586894602&affillinktype=10&veh=aff#about-item
6" scale means that the humanoid figure is 6", look at this video to see how nice this is:
» YouTube video

Wrong movie!

#2537 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I am confused as to why you keep saying stuff like this and how something must be wrong and how you sold your GBLE for a big loss just to have it gone but in the other thread said you have an LE on order? If you are so unhappy with this machine already and stern in general right now why are you continuing to give them 8k+ for this game?

Also don't know of many GB LE games that are selling for a "huge loss" Unless you bought it from Kaneda for $10,000.

#2539 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I assume you are either trying to be funny or may wanna look up the sale price again.

He is making fun of Gary full of vodka...

#2580 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Gary said in another interview that Hans is his favorite rock band ever
(JK)

I think Gary meant this Hans:

IMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPG

#2619 6 years ago

Wow on the stream Levi seemed to really like they game. To the point where he even mentions maybe buying it. Pretty good impressions.

Which says a lot considering he said he doesn't buy these games.

#2625 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Q1 To slowdown the bal and space needed for the Death star.
Q2 That looks lik de cut out rim for the le.
I think.

Also, keep in mind there is a sticker on the glass in all caps that says the toys are first run prototypes in this game.

#2638 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wish I felt the same. It looks like Stern phones it in on Star Wars.
Clearly, Stern put all of their energy and resources into Aerosmith.

Energy and resources? Aerosmith is fun, but its bones are largely a Kiss layout. The art is fantastic however. I don't think this game is phoned in at all. The art isn't Yeti or Donnie, but I think the game looks good. By the early reports, the gameplay is fast and smooth and the game shoots great.

#2641 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

So does my Ironman at $5,500.

Awesome, you can sell it and get a SW pro for $5,400.

#2647 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What is it it doesn't have? - The hyperspace ramp, exploding death egg and the Falcon. All of this are pure cosmetical and don't change the game itself. (And I allready have the Falcon here ready to mount some LEDs.) The Force Ball Save is done via Software and the metal ramps are plastic... but it'll play the same.

The lifting ramp and physical ball lock.

#2651 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

What are the two prongs under the death star lane loop for?

To hold the ball for character selection and mode starts? Like behind the spinner on GB?

#2666 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Soon™
I'll have a date to announce, and try to drum up a Han Solo costume last minute.

Since you have now trademarked "soon" does that mean Stern isn't allowed to use it anymore?

#2667 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

There are no toys that interact the ball with the game. Totally strippped down overpriced machine which makes it a big no with my wallet.

Levi mentioned that the TIE fighter shook when the target was struck, and it seemed like more than just a spring.

#2670 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Essentially the same as GOT's dragon movement or Green Goblin on Spidey'07

Yep that's it. Hopefully it really does that and it wasn't the drinks Gary was giving him.

#2671 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah... It's a mini standup target to "hit" the tie fighter. Very basic. If that's the main toy on the pro then just wow. Has to be as there isn't anything else.

Isn't the main toy the mini LCD and the three targets under it?

#2684 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

For real though, Stern is probably getting those LCDs for under $5 each.

There are not many individual parts that are over $5 on a pinball machine. It's all about the code and the content and how the LCD ties the game together.

#2713 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Like this?
(that's how it's done)

Stern did sell the (Mezel) firehouse bezel for Ghostbusters. I wouldn't put it past them to offer an LCD bezel as a mod.

#2728 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I hear you. Surely there's a better way to "hide" a LCD screen in a game then? Why the thick black bezel then? You'd think the smaller the better in this case?
I don't know. I kind of feel like you should have let The Hobbit superiority vibe hang over the thread a little before posting that it could have been "by design".

Hobbit superiority vibe that's a great one. Yes, proof that 29 modes + packed with stuff does not always equal fun.

#2731 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I see you've sold your GB. Guess the search for fun ended, eh?
Ben & I - still having fun with Hobbit...no search necessary.

Hey buddy! Fun on GB is still there. I don't have unlimited funds, so it's Star Wars instead. Too many kids. I probably like Hobbit as much as you like GB...

#2737 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Quote the opposite BY A LONG SHOT.
Linear mode progression in GB SUCKS - worst idea ever. If I want linear mode progression, I'll play a video game.

Someone start a Hobbit vs Ghostbusters thread and get that crap out of here. Time to get back to Star Wars!!

#2754 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I honestly can't say that I've played any Stern pin that feels as sturdy and smooth as Dialed In.

Sturdy and smooth is great and all, but I need that emotional tie. It needs to get me fired up, some unexplained energy created. Just damn fun!!! I didn't get that when I played dialed in. For me it didn't have the "it" factor. Now this was a few months ago, so I hope the code has progressed.

When I hit the start button on SW it will instantly have that familiar connection with me. Weather it cashes in on that nostalgia or not will be determined by the gameplay, sounds and rules. Can't wait to see!

#2763 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Right good point there, looking forward to a gameplay video so we can see and hear it

Help me DeadFlip you're my only hope

#2851 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

It sounds like a broken record but Stern f..up this Star Wars thing all about greed. They already said f.. Pinsiders !
At least Ghostbusters was decked out, Acdc got some cool s..t.
Even IO moon in the other thread has some cool popbumper caps forgodsake !!
Couple little toys on the playfield
Yoopdie f...G doei!!
I was excited man but now nothing but disappointment
Who cares about "the flow"
We all work hard for our money (some at least ) and this is what $8500 gets you ???
Sorry, had to get that if my chest
Let me now get back to my Data East Fully toyed,cool pinball Star Wars( with super duper hyper ramp) which is not blocking the freaking flippers view.
May the force be with y'all

Um ok. Please go and enjoy your Data East Star Wars.

#2911 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah without hesitation she would take the suit. My point is that there were many comments here previously that hardcore Star Wars fans (non pinball fans) would help drive the sale of this game... That is a flat out NO. They have thousands of things Star Wars related that they can spend money on instead and those things provide a lot more "real" Star Wars nostalgia then a pinball machine ever could.
This game is going to have to win on a pinball players/collectors level or it is not going to pay off for Stern.
My hope is that they know this because their marketing a research team seems top notch
But I do really hope that the lack of BOM with regards to cabinet and playfield means the money and time has been spent on the code and gameplay which will mean it has the potential to be a true winner and a pinball game changer.

Also, please tell her to NOT purchase that suit at that price. That is like buying a pinball machine on eBay from a certain store with a checkered floor. It can be had for much less than half that.

#3117 6 years ago

Lowest cost of goods? Maybe, but look at the underside of a Rob Zombie or a Jetsons playfield. Both of these cost more than a Stern pro and don't have equal mechs / features of a Stern Aerosmith or Star Wars. Not even close. I like Spooky a lot, and understand they don't have a the scale of Stern, but Stern is really the only game in town at that price point. 85+% market share.

#3122 6 years ago

The bottom line is that if Stern made crap pins that were not fun, no one would buy it and it doesn't matter. If they can continue to give me the same fun / excitement, with the mechs, shots, code, sounds, and light show with more margin I applaud their company for that. My percieved value isn't lower, and I would bet that the vast mojority feel the same way. The minute the cost doesn't equate to value for a consumer, sales will drop quickly. They are selling more and more lately with this formula so why should they change until the market speaks?

Look at the spiderman home edition. Sub $3,700 NIB and basically no one bought it.

#3222 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for the info. I thought the fork ramp on LE/Premium might lock the balls in death star. Sounds like they just feed the hyperpace loop when its active.
In the stream Steve said there were 3 or 4 magnets to make the hyper loop work so I guess they used up their magnet budget on that instead of putting some under the playfield. I think magna slings similar to ghost busters would have been great on this game. lots of cool force tricks you could play with them.

How can you say what "would have been" cool when no one has even flipped the game? Maybe it shoots great without magnets...Can't we save that until after we play?

#3225 6 years ago
Quoted from SChlafi:

Because more possibility is better than less? It will probably shoot great, still, would have been cool to have extra magnet to add even more to the game.

Totally understand. I just want to see the game play as it was designed before I decide it is missing anything. I know we all have our wish lists going in.

#3233 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Why the hell wouldn't Stern have gone with that design??

They submitted that to Disney. Check out the seminar if you have time.

#3248 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I have an opportunity to get in on an LE, can't decide if I want it though. The LE really has nothing more than the Premium except the side rails. And I like the premium art better too, plus if I go the premium route I can wait a while to see how the game play, quality and code all shake out. Thoughts?

Sounds like your decision is made, Go Premium HUO.

#3279 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Pulled trigger on premium. Hope they ship by end of year.

August, depending on where you are in line.

#3280 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

My prediction now based on further game assessment review is Data East's Star Wars pinball machine from 1992 will receive a major boost by approximately $1000 in value within a 6-12 month period following mass production of this title.
Enthusiasts may not know this exact circumstance already occurred with William's Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure when Stern released their version of Indiana Jones in 2008. Hopeful opinions are identical from the time period as are the circumstances. Hype faded quickly as the Stern's Indiana Jones was reviewed, and became a less than coveted title.
MSRP price creep + basic game feature reductions + recycled playfield design + reused assembly concepts + reduced build quality = average game.
Art is not the determining factor in this case. Code and a LCD unforunately will not protect the design.
Stern missed the target and use of an opportune license from the standpoint of long term interest, not initial pre-order sales.

Some games are just dogs. I would be willing to wager that this Star Wars is not a dog. Data East Star Wars was the best Star Wars available in a Star Wars hungry market, hence the current value. This speaks to how bad those other versions were rather than how good DESW is.

I am actually surprised that mr pinball wisdom is making statements like these without playing this game. I expected much more.

#3305 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Steve mentioned in his seminar that the player has to choose a character at the beginning of the game, like on GoT. I found that a horrible feature on GoT. Never watched the show, so have no clue what to choose. Same with SW. Never watched the movies, so probably not a game for me. I seriously wonder how adding such choices to the game is helping novice players to appreciate it.

Never watched Star Wars?

#3462 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm a huge fan of the show and have to agree with Rarehero here.
I like the concept of choosing, but can't figure out the rules. If you're going to code that deep and complicated, produce a youtube video walking players through it at least. Youtube QR code to it on the instruction sheet or something.

When the game launched, Stern published a strategy guide that is available on the website. Also, out of the box the Pro model ships with casual mode turned on. This makes it easier for novices by not giving them a choice of the house to start with. It always starts as Martel.

#3500 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hi guys! Im new to pinball. I just got a Medieval Madness Remake Limited Edition. I love it! So Im going to get a new machine, but I'm stuck between Star Wars Premium, Walking dead premium or a used Simpsons pinball party (refurbished). Can you guys give me your input ? Can someone please give me their two cents of what they thought when they played Star Wars.. did they like it??
Thanks!

Star Wars: Wait until the games start arriving and / or the videos start showing. No one here has really played it. Well maybe one person 7 times.

#3580 6 years ago

Hopefully at the most we only see a few Ewoks in the LCD.

#3621 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

As per the video, the only thing that was glaringly missing was the Death Star itself.
Not one of those populated PF's sitting around the factory had one attached.
I'm no Columbochak, but this might be the cause of the delay.

It you watch the video closely, there are fully assembled playfields with signs on them that indicate that they are missing parts. I bet the death star or another toy delivery is holding up production.

#3643 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

He was referring to LucasFilms, which was bought by Disney and is run by Kathleen Kennedy. George Lucas doesn't have any say in the license anymore.

Correct.

#3721 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I am amazed there is so much ewok love here. I thought they were depised by all but it seems I am a small club of participants. Just don't like them. They are over grown gophers
Now jawas, they are where it's at. Ooteedee!

No Good Ewoks

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3887 6 years ago

Do we know that any of the pro models on the line have been boxed and shipped out? Seemed that they were waiting on parts last week based on the FB video.

#4009 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'll be heading to comicon in late July so hopefully they have one there.

I would put money on that.

#4011 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

My source said early July announcement for Star Wars with machine at comicon.

Well he was wrong on the first part since it was announced last month, but I hope we see games in the wild well before SDCC.

#4075 6 years ago

I am sure the pinball pontificator from Washington has an amusing similar story.

#4365 6 years ago

When these Death Stars finally arrive new machines will FLOOD planet earth.

star-wars-meme-project-failure-death-star (resized).pngstar-wars-meme-project-failure-death-star (resized).png

#4431 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Let's see if we can find common ground...
Do you think someone that has had a playfield or cabinet replaced, or that should have been replaced has the right to bitch? Or are they a crybaby?

As someone who waited for months to get my playfield replaced from Stern, I will tell you I didn't bitch or cry because I knew that wouldn't get me anywhere with Stern. I gave them time to make it right and they did. Along with some good communication and follow up (from my end) mixed in. Of course I had a "right" to bitch about it, but I didn't see the point.

#4448 6 years ago

Stay on target, stay on target, I mean topic; or the mods will come after you.

#4450 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So $5400 pro or what? Plus shipping?

$5,400 including shipping for many distros.

#4512 6 years ago

Finally a gameplay video. I'll be watching for sure....

#4549 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Does live videoes come out on youtube after? Or gets deleted?

They are usually auto archived on Twitch and Jack also puts them on YouTube. Not sure if he has the same freedom this time.

#4636 6 years ago

Outstanding integration of music, video clips, and audio clips from the films. Really impressive.

#4696 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think the music actually needs some work. Imperial march theme should not be playing during Victory multiball for example, unless it's the empire that won.... Plus other scenes don't have the right music that matches the movie, like destroy the tie fighters as another example. The original music is great for that scene so why not use it? These scenes are so iconic that the wrong music seems so out of place, to me anyhow.
Rob

There were a lot of items that need tweaking both with visuals and audio. I am sure those things will be worked out. You think they are going to leave the Star Destroyer in the trench?

#4700 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

It would be great if they replace the overlay of the Star Destroyer with another tie fighter on a couple of the missions... It looks so out of place on Hoth and the Trench run.

Of course they will! Beta code.

#5204 6 years ago

I agree the 3 (not the same as RGB) color GI looks great. The light show overall is fantastic, as with most recent Stern games.

2 weeks later
#5845 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

What!?!?!?!?!
Tell me this is a one-off. Please!

This isn't the insert you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.

#5933 6 years ago

Maybe I missed this, but here is a nugget: Looks like Stern will be selling an accessory LE owners, an LED lit frame for the other two translites. Seems like they should really include it considering what is NOT included currently on the LE for the price.

"Stern Pinball will soon have available an
accessory LED lit frame to fit these backglasses."

ebay.com link: NEW Stern Star Wars LE LIMITED EDITION Pinball Machine Free Shipping

1 week later
#6468 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Out of town, will take some pics next week. It was actually Super Jackpot and not Extra Ball. But for now, the takeaway is I have three ghosting inserts on a NIB game with about 30 plays. I'm confident Stern and my distro will take care of me if things get any worse, regardless of the new disclaimer thing.

Yes please share photos. Curious how bad it is.

#6482 6 years ago

Dimpling happens to all games. How much happens and what you can obviously see does vary by game and clearcoat. You may need the right lighting to be able to see it and the camera needs to be at the right angle. Dimples are expected for me. Cracks in the clear with minimal play and ghosting isn't ok.

And for gods sake fix that spinner.

#6632 6 years ago

Avoid the debris

#6700 6 years ago

The game doesn't have a ball lock.

#6741 6 years ago

Just had an epic game. Stacked Destroy the Death Star and Escape from Tatooine. Beat Tatooine first, then Blew up the Death Star during the Victory Multiball! Such a rush. Fun fun fun.

IMG_1277 (resized).JPGIMG_1277 (resized).JPG

IMG_1278 (resized).JPGIMG_1278 (resized).JPG

IMG_1279 (resized).JPGIMG_1279 (resized).JPG

#6744 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

did you have the never ending Deathstar multiball bug? I've seen it a few times. The mode continues from ball to ball until games over.

Never seen a Death Star bug. I have gotten a bug before during Hoth Victory Multiball on .87 where it wouldn't end and the Hoth shot would add balls.

#6746 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im not sure what triggers the bug but if you seen it during Hoth mini wizard it must have something to do with the mini wizards. hopefully this .89 code update fixes it.

You going to put .89 in now?

#6753 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Can we just roll back to .87 in case the .89 doesn't work out?

You would need to create a backup image of the SD card with .87 I believe. There are steps published somewhere on Pinside.

#6755 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

What if updating to .89 takes out a node board? no coming back from that.

I wouldn't install any unpublished update that a Pinside guinea pig didn't first

#6757 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

If my machine wasnt on location i would be the guinea pig, but can risk taking it out of commission right now.

I hear ya. I would imagine we will see it officially released soon anyway.

#6758 6 years ago

Another thing I did today that was really cool - Finished Escape From Boba Fett moving the multiplier each time to the shot. It was worth around 500M. Its hard to move the multipliers on the fly during multiball, but the Boba Fett mode is great for that since its only one shot lit at a time. I applaud Dwight for trying unique things. I would never tell someone just starting with the game about the moving multipliers. Learn the game first and when you want that next level challenge its there if you want. If not, just ignore it. For me its a cool feature. Makes the drop targets VERY important.

#6770 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

what's the drop targets got to do with Bobba Fett mode? I've escaped Bobba bunch of times but didnt notice anything with the drop targets.

Drop targets increase your base multiplier.

#6775 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Isn't that what the standup targets under the mini LED screen do?

Yes, but in you can DOUBLE your base multiplier with the FORCE targets by droping them 4 times:

(courtsey Tilt Fourms)

FORCE Drop Targets: Each completion of the 5-bank drop targets during non-mode play scores a different reward. It may be beneficial to go for these awards during Multiball, as the targets tend to be risky shots during single-ball play. The rewards are as follows:

- "F" - Light Mystery (at the right scoop)
- "O" - Light Escape (ball save at the right outlane)
- "R" - Light Video Mode (at the right loop, not implemented yet)
- "C" - Doubled Multipliers (times out if your overall multiplier does as well)
- "E" - Lightsaber Duel (not implemented yet, but spotted automatically)

#6782 6 years ago

What is the white plastic on the inside of the cabinet?

#6789 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Can anyone help explain what the "cpu mounted line out audio connector" looks like? And what kind of cable I would need to hook it up to an external sound bar with sub woofer? I'm looking at the CPU board now and not sure...
Thx!

I expected to see a 3.5mm audio jack, as that is what the manual states. But it looks like Stern is going to be selling a headphone jack type accessory. There is a small three pin plug in the MPU board that goes nowhere currently. Stay tuned.

#6795 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Thanks for the heads up. I was surprised to not see one, but thought it might be something like that.

It is in the release notes for the code:

jack ? (resized).pngjack ? (resized).png

#6827 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Is this ordered from Stern? Available?

Not yet.

#6831 6 years ago

The sound issues for me at not bad enough to revert back to .87. I am sure they will be fixed soon. Dwight doesn't mess around.

1 week later
#7054 6 years ago

Divots are normal

#7135 6 years ago

Seems like they are way overdue to announce the accessories. Any idea when they will be coming?

3 months later
#7451 6 years ago

If your fork ramp releases the ball down the middle there is no way it is level. Check for level high and low on the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 10.95
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.