8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 150.
#6551 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

No basement but Florida is full of garages that nobody parks in so no problem!
Next time you are down this way let me know.

Holy crap Batman!! That is one sweet garage/mancave/ready to go barcade!
Very nice

#6552 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

That's great to hear, I followed up with Stern yesterday and got a flippant response on delivery.. translation: "how dare you ask, we got full payment from everyone on LEs and you'll get it when you get it so just sit tight and eat cake"! I was ready to cancel my LE out of spite because of the "It's what we do" type of empty response. I'm a customer dropping over 9k on a product sight unseen with over the top negative press!! Bottom line, they already have all the money so I'll get it when I get it but I'm only a year and half into this hobby and this will be my last Stern product.. I don't care what they come up with for dream themes.

"This will be my last Stern product"

Sure it will........

#6553 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

No worries, I learned all the lessons I needed to learn with this gig.. I'm just going to avoid the band wagon in the future with this kind of stuff all together.

If I was Stern I wouldn't even want you as a customer. I see nothing but potential problems with you down the road with your belligerent tough guy personality anyway. Why don't you just cancel your order and get your money back? That's how you show them that you mean business!

#6554 6 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Holy crap Batman!! That is one sweet garage/mancave/ready to go barcade!
Very nice

Thanks!
Can't wait to add SW to the mix! I'm thinking of putting it where x-men is so the door in the middle will keep it from constantly bickering with ST as to which universe is better.......

#6555 6 years ago

Pretty fun pin. Finally was able to try it out. Shots are buttery smooth, light show is awesome, and the video implementation is actually pretty good. I stayed away from stacking modes, and had a blast going through the different modes/scenes.

In pockets, I felt like I was in the Star Wars universe, albeit behind a couple of flippers. But then there were major moments where I felt like I was pulled out of the immersion, and was just playing a pinball.

So what pulled me out? It wasn't toys, it wasn't multipliers, it wasn't any of that.

It was how little John Williams score was actually used in the game. Most of us have seen this movie a billion times, and have played the countless arcade and home console video games twice as much. There are certain John Williams themes which are synonymous with certain Star Wars moments. Without that soundtrack/themes, those moments just don't feel complete.

Take the Death Star attack scene, for example. From the actual "A New Hope" movie, to Sega Star Wars Trilogy (video game) in the arcade, to Rogue Squadron on the Nintendo Game Cube to even Super Star Wars on the old Super Nintendo, when it's time to attack the Death Star, that John Williams "Battle of Yavin" theme has always been the soundtrack which drives the emotion of that moment. It helps put us in that X-Wing cockpit, feeling like we're racing down that trench to fire a torpedo into that exhaust port to destroy the Death Star. Yet in this pin, that major element is taken away from us.

Link to soundtrack I'm speaking about:

(Especially from the 5:27 mark on.)

Instead, we're given a different MIDI sequenced soundtrack that, while decent, just isn't what we've come accustomed to in that major Star Wars scene. It really took me out of the moment, removed me from the immersion, made it feel "not Star Wars".

There were other moments too which I really felt would have immersed me, made me feel like I was in that scene, simply by using the proper John Williams score.

Is this something that can be addressed with a future software update?

And don't get me wrong, I'm not in the "I hate this game" camp. But man, it really needs that John Williams score to help draw emotion in those major Star Wars moments.

#6556 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Is this something that can be addressed with a future software update?

I read somewhere on here TJS they only had rights to 3 songs because they were too expensive. No idea if that's fake news or real news.

#6557 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

That's great to hear, I followed up with Stern yesterday and got a flippant response on delivery.. translation: "how dare you ask, we got full payment from everyone on LEs and you'll get it when you get it so just sit tight and eat cake"! I was ready to cancel my LE out of spite because of the "It's what we do" type of empty response. I'm a customer dropping over 9k on a product sight unseen with over the top negative press!! Bottom line, they already have all the money so I'll get it when I get it but I'm only a year and half into this hobby and this will be my last Stern product.. I don't care what they come up with for dream themes.

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I did, my distributor got the same answer and since I paid in full back in the middle of July that answer was not acceptable to me. So I called Stern to push for a date as to when they would be shipping to the distributor. I have an Aug 26th party that I have planned and I wanted to make sure the game would be in my home before then. I'm not a patient person when I have expectations not met.

Gotta wait in line my friend, they can't crank them out all in one day. Do you cut in line at the DMV? They don't offer wait times there either, so I don't plan lunch with a friend anywhere around that time. Just like I wouldn't plan a "party" around a pre-order pin that hasn't shipped yet.

#6558 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I read somewhere on here TJS they only had rights to 3 songs because they were too expensive. No idea if that's fake news or real news.

Yeah, I don't know. Shouldn't the John Williams score be accounted for as a necessary expense when building a Star Wars pin? Think about all of the video games, heck, even the Zen pinball games that use numerous John Williams score/themes to bring those scenes to life. Just feels like a bad area to cut corners.

Anyways, I don't wanna be "that guy" beating this game to death. Other than this issue (which is a major one for me personally) I'm still enjoying the game for what it is.

#6559 6 years ago

I think the music is great on this pin, who ever did the OG stuff did a very good job. I mean for me you could play the Imperial march the whole time and I'd be happy but no complaints especially considering how terrible the music is in most pins.

#6560 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If I was Stern I wouldn't even want you as a customer. I see nothing but potential problems with you down the road with your belligerent tough guy personality anyway. Why don't you just cancel your order and get your money back? That's how you show them that you mean business!

Since when does holding people accountable for what they say make me a belligerent tough guy. Is that how you make big purchases decisions just let them say and do what ever.. yup makes perfect sense..

#6561 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

"This will be my last Stern product"
Sure it will........

I'll stick to the secondary market going forward thanks for your opinion

#6562 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I'm a customer dropping over 9k on a product sight unseen

Uh...who's YOUR distributor? You're getting ripped off...

#6563 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Uh...who's YOUR distributor? You're getting ripped off...

I'm in Texas, so that includes sales tax and invisible glass so not too far off. The pin itself is 8500 my distributor will deliver and set everything up and I have a second floor game room which is a bitch to get a pin up to. They are really good in regards to making sure everything is solid when delivered.

#6564 6 years ago

I was playing last night on code .85 last night and experienced a game reset while having a good game. i forget what character, and mode mb mode i was in, but i think i stacked another mb that resulted in the crash. Is code .87 having reset problems too?
Or is it just .85 that was prone to resets?

#6565 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I was playing last night on code .85 last night and experienced a game reset while having a good game. i forget what character, and mode mb mode i was in, but i think i stacked another mb that resulted in the crash. Is code .87 having reset problems too?
Or is it just .85 that was prone to resets?

its just .85 i havent had one reset with .87

#6566 6 years ago

I will get my LE friday.
Monday We are doing 3 hours Facebook live, from 20-23 Copenhagen time.
Will post a link.

See you all

#6567 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

This seems ludicrous to me. You shouldn't be upset with anyone at Stern. Stern told you when games would start shipping and they have. They are hot, such that every game being built and shipped is already bought. They have no idea exactly when any particular game will ship. They come off the line, go in a box and then are supposed to ship to your distributor. Your distributor is their customer. This is all on your distributor for not giving you good information. Hell your distributor may have not sent Stern money until after your check to them cleared.
As for paying in full, that is all your distributor too. I don't pay for my games until they land in my living room and then I write a check out and thank the delivery guy. I pay a deposit to secure a game and I get a call when it lands at my distributor to be delivered to my door. If you're choosing not to use a local distributor and do drop shipping, then you're going to have to make special allowances.
Just wait until the freight company decides to sit on it for a few days before calling you to schedule a delivery date or doesn't show on the day they said...totally normal in freight shipments.

Exactly this. Use a local distributor if you can. My local guy here in Vegas (Planet Nine Pinball) wouldn't take ANY money from me when I had him order my MET pro LED. Once it came in he delivered it, set it up, made sure it was all good to go, helped me install my mods I already had pre ordered ahead of time and then we played some pinball. THEN after all was good he collected my check for the full amount. If I didn't like it, I was out ZERO dollars. Heck, while he was over he even helped me with an issue I was having with my BSD as he services Williams also. Just a super amazing guy can't say enough good things about Planet Nine in Las Vegas. Anyway, local distributors are beneficial to you!!

#6568 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Since when does holding people accountable for what they say make me a belligerent tough guy. Is that how you make big purchases decisions just let them say and do what ever.. yup makes perfect sense..

dont waste you time with who-dey. He either works for Stern, is an Alt Account, or a hidden fan boy with an agenda. He will troll and defend for Stern till the end of time. Research his forum static and you will find that he spends the majority of his time defending and trying to brush aside legit concerns and complaints for paying customers.

#6569 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Gotta wait in line my friend, they can't crank them out all in one day. Do you cut in line at the DMV? They don't offer wait times there either, so I don't plan lunch with a friend anywhere around that time. Just like I wouldn't plan a "party" around a pre-order pin that hasn't shipped yet.

Are you saying Stern is the DMV of pinball?

#6570 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Are you saying Stern is the DMV of pinball?

Yes, yes that is exactly what I was trying to say. I yi yi

#6571 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

its just .85 i havent had one reset with .87

Yeah, but .87 has bugs that break the game in the other direction. There are a lot of bad bugs still in the code.

I think Dwight is a fantastic coder, but he is known for a lot of bugs that take quite some time to get worked out. Ghostbusters still has a lot that need to be fixed.

#6572 6 years ago

Just spoke to my distro. My LE should be shipping in about a week.

First NIB!

#6573 6 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

First NIB!

What a fantastic theme and pin for you first NIB! I just emailed my dist. to see on the delivery date, looking forward to having a SW pin finally.

#6574 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont waste you time with who-dey. He either works for Stern, is an Alt Account, or a hidden fan boy with an agenda. He will troll and defend for Stern till the end of time. Research his forum static and you will find that he spends the majority of his time defending and trying to brush aside legit concerns and complaints for paying customers.

Not true at all, I wish that I worked for Stern though.....that would be pretty awesome. The guy is being extremely unreasonable and quite frankly very Whiney, and several other people on here feel the same way. I can understand why you don't though because you are just like him. I have said plenty of bad things about Stern on here but I don't try and make it my job in life like you and others to put them out of business.

I want Stern to succeed because I love this hobby and they make fun games. A lot of this complaining on this site by you and a handful of others is getting old and a lot of times blown way out of proportion actually. All of the complaining on here is just a drag sometimes. If you don't like what they are selling then don't buy it it's that simple. Don't keep going on and on about it like a broken record. I have four recent Stern pins and they are a blast and I love them and I think Stern makes awesome games. I'm not going to apologize for that sorry and if I hated this hobby as much as you and others appear to, I would just get out and find another hobby.

#6575 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not true at all, I wish that I worked for Stern though.....that would be pretty awesome. The guy is being extremely unreasonable and quite frankly very Whiney, and several other people on here feel the same way. I can understand why you don't though because you are just like him. I have said plenty of bad things about Stern on here but I don't try and make it my job in life like you and others to put them out of business.
I want Stern to succeed because I love this hobby and they make fun games. A lot of this complaining on this site by you and a handful of others is getting old and a lot of times blown way out of proportion actually. All of the complaining on here is just a drag sometimes. If you don't like what they are selling then don't buy it it's that simple. Don't keep going on and on about it like a broken record. I have four recent Stern pins and they are a blast and I love them and I think Stern makes awesome games. I'm not going to apologize for that sorry and if I hated this hobby as much as you and others appear to, I would just get out and find another hobby.

I never said anything bad about the games I love the games if anything I give Stern the benefit of the doubt on their new releases I mean shit I'm the dope dropping cash on a Stern game with bad press that I haven't seen or played!! Pretty stupid IMO but there you go I did it! My complaint is legit, it's about the business practice not the game so stop being a jerk to the guy stroking the check expecting clarity around his purchases. The service responsibility is not solely on the distributor it extends to the manufacturer as well! Frankly, I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain or even respond to this I figured this would be common sense for anything whether it's a House, Car, toys what ever..

#6576 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not true at all, I wish that I worked for Stern though.....that would be pretty awesome.

Working for or with Jody would be nothing short of a nightmare.

#6577 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Damn it I agree with you again

#6578 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I never said anything bad about the games I love the games if anything I give Stern the benefit of the doubt on their new releases I mean shit I'm the dope dropping cash on a Stern game with bad press that I haven't seen or played!! Pretty stupid IMO but there you go I did it! My complaint is legit, it's about the business practice not the game so stop being a jerk to the guy stroking the check expecting clarity around his purchases. The service responsibility is not solely on the distributor it extends to the manufacturer as well! Frankly, I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain or even respond to this I figured this would be common sense for anything whether it's a House, Car, toys what ever..

So if you bought a new car and it didn't get here as quickly as you wanted it to, are you going to call General Motors or the dealer that you bought it from? GM would think you are nuts if you called them direct I guarantee it, just like Stern did. This is a factory that is making pinball machines. They run into snags and have manufacturing problems etc. you "pre ordered" a brand new title that wasn't in production yet so you should expect possible delays. If you wanted to have a game guaranteed for your party then you should have bought a game that was in stock already. Just relax and tell the people at your party sorry but the pinball machine didn't get here in time, not a big deal really unless it's a party just for this game or something. If that's the case then you should have known better to schedule a party for a game that you were waiting on to be manufactured.

#6579 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I work with people far worse than Jody trust me!

#6580 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So if you bought a new car and it didn't get here as quickly as you wanted it to, are you going to call General Motors or the dealer that you bought it from? This is a factory that is making pinball machines. They run into snags and have manufacturing problems etc. you "pre ordered" a brand new title that wasn't in production yet so you should expect possible delays. If you wanted to have a game guaranteed for your party then you should have bought a game that was in stock already. Just relax and tell th people at your party sorry but the pinball machine didn't get here in time, not a big deal really unless it's a party just for this game or something. If that's the case then you should have known better to schedule a party for a game that you were waiting on to be manufactured.

Exactly what I was saying too.

#6581 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So if you bought a new car and it didn't get here as quickly as you wanted it to, are you going to call General Motors or the dealer that you bought it from? This is a factory that is making pinball machines. They run into snags and have manufacturing problems etc. you "pre ordered" a brand new title that wasn't in production yet so you should expect possible delays. If you wanted to have a game guaranteed for your party then you should have bought a game that was in stock already. Just relax and tell th people at your party sorry but the pinball machine didn't get here in time, not a big deal really unless it's a party just for this game or something. If that's the case then you should have known better to schedule a party for a game that you were waiting on to be manufactured.

Well the good news is the game is a secondary attraction and the party is for the McGregor fight. With Stern Telling me two weeks and at the time being six weeks away from the party I pretty much thought I had time on my side. At the end of the day I just won't be playing into these pretend supply and demand scenarios next time around. I'll wait until they are on the street..

#6582 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well the good news is the game is a secondary attraction and the party is for the McGregor fight. With Stern Telling me two weeks and at the time being six weeks away from the party I pretty much thought I had time on my side. At the end of the day I just won't be playing into these pretend supply and demand scenarios next time around. I'll wait until they are on the street..

Stern told you 2 weeks? More likely they said LE's would start shipping in 2 weeks. It takes a while to make 800 games.......

#6583 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Probably the best way to do it honestly but it's also pretty exciting to inbox a new game! I hope McGregor smashes Mayweather!

#6584 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

First rule of Track & Field/Hyper Sports club is hitting the buttons louder does not equal hitting them faster.

2nd rule is to use the "Goodie" comb from your back pocket.

#6585 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

2nd rule is to use the "Goodie" comb from your back pocket.
» YouTube video

Yeah some fakers did that, we used to call them "pencil pushers"

tf (resized).jpgtf (resized).jpg

And that's where we get the term from

#6587 6 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

First NIB!

Enjoy! The first NIB pin is a great experience. I wish I could afford to do it more often.

#6588 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

It's your distro IMO

I think some distros have deep pockets/credit & make large orders to keep stock high. Others I suspect have limited working capital, be it liquid or credit, so they make smaller orders & the results are you waiting for another shipment.

Unless production of your model has not begun? If so, well, that is what it is.

#6589 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It's your distro IMO
I think some distros have deep pockets/credit & make large orders to keep stock high. Others I suspect have limited working capital, be it liquid or credit, so they make smaller orders & the results are you waiting for another shipment.
You can order Star Wars right now at a half dozen places assure you.
Get a refund & order one now if you want the game

Thanks for the advice, I want to believe my distributor is in good standing they do have a pretty good sized operation and they have taken good care of me on previous purchases. I'll give it one more week if I don't have any answers on delivery dates I'll just cancel it and sit tight for something else later on down the road. Fingers cross for some good news soon..

#6590 6 years ago

Man talk about friggin first world problems.

#6591 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Hahaha so true! That my friend is the post of the day

#6592 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Thanks for the advice, I want to believe my distributor is in good standing they do have a pretty good sized operation and they have taken good care of me on previous purchases. I'll give it one more week if I don't have any answers on delivery dates I'll just cancel it and sit tight for something else later on down the road. Fingers cross for some good news soon..

uhhhhhh prediction.....In a week Stern will be maybe 1/3 maybe 1/2 the way through the LE run and you still won't have word on a delivery date, but you'll keep on waiting.

#6593 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Agreed.

I'm @ home today trying not to puke.

There's a NIB en route to my house today.

Will it arrive safely? Will it arrive on time? What about concealed damage? Will it ghost? Is the cabinet going to split? Will the software & bugs get taken care of? What about node boards?

The life of a pinball idiot is a difficult one

#6594 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Agreed.
Will it arrive safely? Will it arrive on time? What about concealed damage? Will it ghost? Is the cabinet going to split? Will the software & bugs get taken care of? What about node boards?

did you jump back in? last i read you were out on buying NIB and your distro didnt have any AS in stock.

#6595 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Agreed.

Have some Skittles™ and try to relax! You'll be playing before you know it.

Skittles (resized).jpgSkittles (resized).jpg

#6596 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Agreed.

Nothing like waiting for a NIB pin and that first play. Congrats. Good luck. From what I've seen, if there is a major problem Stern and your distro will help you out in most instances.

#6597 6 years ago

Alrighty - just ordered a Premium. The wait commences...

#6598 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

did you jump back in? last i read you were out on buying NIB and your distro didnt have any AS in stock.

I'm an idiot & very indecisive. I ordered it Friday

201609_0647_hiccg_sm (resized).jpg201609_0647_hiccg_sm (resized).jpg

#6599 6 years ago

Who did you buy from that is delivering it to your house? I ask because i live very close to you.

#6600 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Who did you buy from that is delivering it to your house? I ask because i live very close to you.

They all deliver to your house. Either it is drop shipped directly from Stern or it comes from the distro's stock.

Not as fun or as rewarding as "the hunt" but you do get the cold sweats as you pop open the box

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.