8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 6 years ago

Hard to judge the quality of the playfield art until higher res overhead shots are released. But they really went to town with the colored inserts and hyperspace blue. A little splash of starry black might not have hurt in a space-themed pin.

Having seen the GB art I was hoping they'd pull off another licensing miracle and get permission to do something similarly cool with the Star Wars license, but not to be. Now looking forward to seeing how it plays, and what use they make of the video screen.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yup, difficult to even read the inserts....

Based on these high-res playfield pics, it looks like the Cowardly Lion is on one of the pops. My kind of Easter egg!

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have a former classmate who loves in Seattle and did a lot of artwork for LucasFilms. I am not sure how it works now that Disney has taken over, but based on the samples of the posters and artwork he has posted over the years, I am going to be at least part of what are on the SW games are images he produced. Hand-drawn, but Photoshopped in for sure. I dropped him a note to get his feelings on the artwork, although I am sure he is a bit biased. lol

Nice, must be funny for your friend to see his artwork pop up on all kinds of crazy Star Wars merch. If he is OK with you sharing, it would be fun to hear this thoughts on the playfield design.

2 weeks later
#3783 6 years ago

Has anyone spotted head-on, high-res pics of the Pro/Premium/LE translites yet? I scrolled through a few of the Star Wars threads but couldn't find any.

#3822 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Most important question: John Williams music score anywhere? I'm going to have real heartburn if not.

I heard the went with a John Mayer soundtrack instead. Really changes the whole vibe of the game.

#3831 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If thats so important why dont you check the feature matrix wich is on sterns homepage for about 2 weeks.

It's important to everyone, but if Stern got the Star Wars license I'm going to go out on a limb and guarantee they also got the right to use Star Wars music. Disney's not going to let them make a Star Wars pin that plays Van Halen riffs when you blow up the Death Star (as awesome as that sounds).

2 weeks later
#5288 6 years ago

Sorry if it's been addressed already, but any predictions on when premiums will ship?

#5453 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Wow, already more updates than KISS.

This KISS Army you've constructed pales in comparison to the power of the Force.

#5513 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think I am allowed to be frustrated with the situatiuon and even slightly pissed at this level of customer service considering we have bought EVERY new Stern pro since for the past 3+ years
Shit, an email from them to appologize would go a long way. It woudl show they actually care for their repeat customers.

Have you contacted your distributor to see if you can work something out regarding the express shipping charge you paid? That would seem fair since they did not ship you a playable machine.

#5573 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

My SD card finally showed up about 2:30 this afternoon. I hope yours shows up as well. I love the game so far, it's fast and a little confusing at first, but I'm starting to figure some of the modes out. It has the great SR flow, but that horseshoe shot if hit too fast will end up SDTM.

That's possibly a leveling/adjustment issue, one I've played on-route doesn't drain SDTM off the Death Star loop (ball save off targets and straight down right outlane is another matter ...)

#5577 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I sure hope it is an leveling/adjustment issue, because right now this is the most frustrating game I have ever played. As soon as you plunge the ball it is out of control side to side every single time. So you get a lot of outlane drains. Then the loop is a drain monster, It doesn't drain if I hit it softer but if you hit it hard with a rebound combo its SDTM and lightening fast. If it would hit a flipper then it would be great. I just feel so cheated, I hate getting punished for making the shot I was supposed to make.

Maybe the machine you were playing wasn't set steep enough? But there's definitely still some hectic side-to-side action on this game, if you like to cradle up after every shot you'll have to earn it.

#5579 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thx, ours showed up today also. Glad Stern got it in the mail quickly. Still not happy with the situation, but glad they recified it as quick as they could once they realized the issue.

So are you up and running?

#5602 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You and your buddies carry purses?

It's European.

#5678 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Sooooo 3 months?

I have to believe they'll fix this particular issue quickly. They're going to sell a ton of these to operators. And from the operator's perspective the coin drop is kind of a big deal.

#5698 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

LE only is comming with 3 bank droptargets under the lcd screen.

Not listed in the feature matrix. And the released side-by-side playfield pics show identical targets under the little screen on the Pro and LE/Premium. So unless there's been a major change of plan in the last few weeks, this is incorrect.

#5701 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn't the original playfield drawings show a magnet and 3 bank? A magnet with motorised 3 bank exposing a tight shot like the AMP suit shot from Avatar, would have been awesome, especially for a trench run mode.
Hard to understand why Steve didn't design something other than pops in that area. And 2 pops and a sling doesn't count as different or exciting to me.

Were there drawings floating around before the reveal?

#5722 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If Stern adds drops and integrates a magnet I'll be ordering a SW prem, otherwise, I feel priced out. SW pro looks fun but is too sparse for the money, unless pricing scale drops $500, I'll be passing on SW altogether.

I imagine you're safe then - hard to believe they'd toss new mechs into the Premium/LE design this close to production. Though that's still infinitely more likely than a price drop!

#5723 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My prediction is that this will be a game like GOT where the Pro ends up being the more preferred model to actually play. The ramps will be smoother and faster (plastic vs. metal) and the Hyperdrive has the potential to add more noise and some visual clutter to your sightlines vs. the cleaner and more simple play of the Pro.

I wonder - GOT Premium has very different play due to the upper playfield. Time will tell but it doesn't look like SW Pro/Premium play will really be that different.

#5732 6 years ago
Quoted from KidSmitty:

Anyone aware of SW Premiums shipping yet?

800 LEs have to run first before any Premiums are produced.

#5786 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I would almost expect that the software and designers would get a machine as part of their contract :s
Not one of each run of course, but being able to swap out with the newest machine they are working on.

Seems reasonable the lead designers might get one of each game they create - that'd be like Stern giving them what, a $3k bonus per game (that's my guestimate of Stern's cost per game)? Not prohibitively expensive.

#5790 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

New code is up:
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-pro
Seems like maybe the dollar bill acceptor thing is fixed?

Will be interesting to see if that means the coin drop issue is fixed too.

#5792 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seems reasonable the lead designers might get one of each game they create - that'd be like Stern giving them what, a $3k bonus per game (that's my guestimate of Stern's cost per game)? Not prohibitively expensive.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I believe they get a discount, but it's not free.

Bummer, I'd like to think that Gary could cough up two Star Wars Premiums for Steve and Doug after all they've put into the game. But I guess that goes along with the fact that pinball is a niche market that has contracted violently over the years and there are probably still more skilled designers/coders than there are positions, so there's probably not much upward pressure on salary and bonuses.

But enough about that, let's talk Star Wars. Anyone tried playing with the brand new code yet?

#5797 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My biggest complaint is the button mashing on the lock down bar while fighting the tie fighters. I'm not a fan of that at all and I hope it's not going to be a trend for future games. Sorry but this is pinball, not a video game.

They dialed this back in the 0.84 code - shorter window so much less pounding.

#5801 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I really like the Fish Tales Video Mode so that goes back to '92ish and not Stern. The spitoon CP is also fun.

Shadow video mode dodging daggers is simple but fun.

#5821 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone tested to ensure that .85 code has fixed the money eating problem? I just got my pro today and don't want to put it on location until I'm sure that issue is fixed.

Shoot Whysnow a PM, he seems to have checked it out:

Quoted from Whysnow:

0.85 appears to have fixed the coinage bug. thx STERN and DWIGHT for getting this out so quick!!!

#5914 6 years ago

How about Mystery -- is there something going on when it takes a minute to pick your award beyond an extremely weak use of the screen (they couldn't be bothered to animate the selection process award)? Like should I be tapping the flippers or center button at some point to influence the outcome? I guess it gives you time to shift the lane multipliers around but otherwise it seems lame.

#5918 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Nothing you press or do stops it sooner. You do however get all three items listed and not just one of them. Use the animation time to move around your multipliers, grab a drink or whatever else you need to do then prepare for that ball to rocket out of that scoop haha.

Thanks - good to know you get all three I guess. I still think it looks like crap, hopefully they'll tune it up sometime down the line after they're done coding modes and fixing bugs.

#5919 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Don't you ever need to take your hands off to take a sip of your beer?

I kind of pictured you playing (and Pinsiding) in one of these:

anewhop (resized).jpganewhop (resized).jpg

#5960 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Guess that squashes the rumors of possibly adding drop targets to the mini-lcd

It seemed like a pretty far-fetched rumor that they'd add a significant new mech at the 11th hour. When people were complaining about GOT being too sparse didn't they just tweak the artwork and toss a decorative throne onto the back of the playfield? I'd rather they not slap in some additional stuff that hasn't been play tested and might make the game play worse than the Pro.

#5979 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Hey, you know how many people died for Page 52 of that manual?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Bothans not people!!!

It's like amateur hour in here. Those are clearly plans for the first (fully functional) Death Star. I'm embarrassed to have to state something so obvious, but the Bothans died acquiring plans for the second (partially constructed) Death Star. Which is not to be confused with the third Death Star as seen in The Force Awakens. Eagerly awaiting the next installment to see what they do with the fourth Death Star.

#5989 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Does anyone know if Stern is going to do a redesign?

Maybe they'll just swap in a 2D Tie Fighter plastic (think Mick-on-a-Stick) that'll be cheap to replace.

#6007 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Have you not seen Rogue One? The designer intentionally made the Death Star vulnerable to a catastrophic event.

It also details the Emperor's secret plan to get Luke to make out with his sister. Classic Dark Side prank.

Quoted from DCFAN:

By most accounts the movie is really good.

Rogue One was technically proficient, and after the Original Trilogy, any half-way decent Star Wars is good Star Wars. But it lacked dramatic tension because you knew the entire time exactly where it was going. It was also a bit too grim and self-serious for a Star Wars movie -- just imagine watching it immediately before Episode IV, talk about a shift in tone.

All of that said, the Darth Vader fight sequence was bad ass. So check that out on YouTube even if you're not interested in the rest of the movie.

#6057 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I saw it in the theatre and wasn't impressed, watched it on the weekend and almost fell asleep. I could go on for about half an hour all the problems I had with the movie, and don't even get me started on Force Awakens. I am hoping The Last Jedi is actually interesting and not just a rehash of previous Star Wars movies.

Force Awakens was a rehash (or homage if you prefer) but I still loved it. Coming off of the prequel trilogy the bar was low, but they managed to capture that "Star Wars" feel better than George Lucas has since 1983. I get all the criticisms but would still give it a solid recommendation.

#6067 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Even with the prequels, which I did not enjoy as much due to the cardboard acting and love story, they did not bore me to the point of almost falling asleep.

I'm with Jason Mantzoukas on the prequels - heard an interview where he described taking his girlfriend to Phantom Menace and weeping in public afterward (at age 30) because it was so, so bad.

#6070 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought Rogue One was freakin' awesome.

You're not in the minority, it was very well reviewed. And it's worlds better than the Lucas prequels. Just predictable, unnecessary and lacked that "Star Wars" feel that Force Awakens had in spades.

But enough about that, when are we going to see some LE play footage?

#6134 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I had 10.8 billion on .85 code on route yesterday.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's almost like it never happened. Haha

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if billions of points suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

1 week later
#6479 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I missed the stream and I'm on my phone in a car, tried to skip around in that YouTube video (thanks for the time stamped Death Star bit that helped) can anyone explain how the loop works? Like what's the point? It's not a ball lock apparently, so what's it for?
Death Star toy was underwhelming, trying to figure out what the Premium and LE actually offer for the extra cash. Right now I'm not sure why you wouldn't just get the Pro if you want the game.

The hyper loop is pretty cool. It would get old to have traditional locked balls circuiting the entire game, they're making good use of it IMO.

Metal habitrails and ramps are nice.

Death Star underwhelming but will presumably look somewhat better when it actually lights up.

And then I guess some may strongly prefer the alternate art skin on the Premium or LE.

I think that's the full list of possible reasons to upgrade from the Pro.

#6542 6 years ago
Quoted from grimboys:

please go out and play it. Dont form your opinion based on pinside.

Good advice for anyone. Watch some video and then go play for yourself. Trying to decide if the shots are "satisfying" or the "world under glass" is satisfactory based on someone else's opinion is pointless.

#6595 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Agreed.
I'm @ home today trying not to puke.
There's a NIB en route to my house today.
Will it arrive safely? Will it arrive on time? What about concealed damage? Will it ghost? Is the cabinet going to split? Will the software & bugs get taken care of? What about node boards?
The life of a pinball idiot is a difficult one

Have some Skittles™ and try to relax! You'll be playing before you know it.

Skittles (resized).jpgSkittles (resized).jpg

#6616 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I must of missed those posts, are those menu settings? If this is already discussed I apologize but what do those settings do for the game to improve the play?

[EDIT: derp, I don't own the game and got a couple of things wrong, thanks Phbooms for corrections in the following post]

Those are mostly menu settings. On some people's machines those avoid SDTM drains, YMMV as each game is a bit different and ball trajectory is also defendant on your playfield angle/level. Basically you'll need to do some tweaking/"dialing in" to get it playing how you like (true for any NIB pin). I would have thought the Tatooin coil and the scoop were one and the same (in which case he probably saw different people using different settings) but I haven't looked closely.

Software version should be displayed on startup. If you don't have the latest you update with an SD card. Don't feel bad if you have to do that, as with any brand new game several more revisions will (hopefully) be forthcoming so you'll have to do it soon enough anyway.

Oh, and the soft flipper strength is a preference but the thought is you're less likely to get air balls and broken plastics. Makes sense to start there and turn it up if the flippers are too weak to make ramp shots.

#6618 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

the right scoop only has 1 setting in options, you update with a flash drive usb stick not a SD card, and there is no actual flipper settings you but you can adjust all coils to soft.

Thanks for corrections!

#6623 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Just got word that my distributors order or LEs are now on their way! So looks like I will have the machine on time after all! Sweet!

Post some pics and gameplay video once you've got it up and running!

#6677 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not to be an ass, but you dove into SW after buying that unfinished turd called BM66?????
Good luck!

If you find yourself starting a sentence with "Not to be a ...", there's a pretty good chance you're being one.

#6690 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

If it is an animated R2D2 w/ projector, it should be epic!

I'm not paying $400+ for a topper but I hope it's cool for those that are into this kind of thing. And it'll be interesting to see if people are able to make alternate use of the topper outputs for something more ... economical!

#6707 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep you hit the Death Star shot durung that MB and it loads a ball in the loop and gives you another one...You can keep doing that till the MB "Starts" and then it releases all of them. Or if you loop them all i guess

So it is a MB lock, it's just a non-traditional and very short-term one (this was my take-away from the Dead Flip video, but I wasn't certain). Which is good because it would be pretty annoying to lock a ball to two early and then have them circulating for the rest of your game. Also I imagine coil life might suffer if they were active basically all game, every game.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, of course the hyperloop is also used when you collect the hyperspace hurryup (the ball will make a circuit of the hyperloop and then drop off in the right ball return). So most people should see a ball or two go round during the course of the game, even if they don't make it to multiball.

#6710 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

Scroll down to the short looping video of a Star Wars LE and click on that. then scroll down to the video that says "LIVE" on the top left corner.
Then go vote and post constructively on my two STAR WARS Polls.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-poll1-mode-shots-more-mode-specific-sfx-please#post-3915062
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-poll2-give-us-a-tense-trash-compactor-mode#post-3915362

It's cool you're running those polls but please stop advertising them so frequently in all the SW threads. You've got good intentions of helping improve the game code, but it's starting to feel like spam.

#6712 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I'm not seeing any video. Can someone repost the working link? All I see is a large photo still..
--- Oh I got it ...
https://www.facebook.com/BakkenMrMuscle/

I keep getting a loading error. Probably just a bad connection or I'm getting blocked by a firewall or something, but if it's possible to later post this video on Youtube that would be awesome!

#6727 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Well designed. No airballs

Did you blow up the Death Star? If so can you post a video and if not, any chance you'd consider taking the glass off and triggering the Death Star explosion mechanism through the settings menu or by manually triggering the modes? I'd love to see what it looks like and I imagine a few others here are interested as well!

#6771 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Drop targets increase your base multiplier.

Isn't that what the standup targets under the mini LED screen do?

1 week later
#6862 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If you feel the need to tell the world how you're disappointed that Stern cheaped-out and destroyed your dream theme, nobody can stop you -but those of us in the room at the moment are too busy sharing the joys of StarWars pin ownership to pay you much attention.

It's a forum, not reasonable to expect people not to share their opinions (whether positive or negative). Spamming negative opinions in a "Fan" thread isn't cool, but there are like six SW threads going so there are places for both excitement and grievances to be aired. An owner of the game is hopefully not going to be swayed by complaints from someone that just watched a Youtube video, and likewise someone that played a game and knows they hate it shouldn't order one just because you or I think it's fun to flip. Different strokes and all that.

More specifically, Aurich's entitled to like whatever kinds of pinball layouts he likes for whatever reason, and it's OK for him to share that in a generic thread like this. Just because he's sick of Steve Ritchie designs and is feeling nostalgic for early-80s layouts doesn't mean you or I have to be. There's plenty of room under the pinball tent for all of us.

#6923 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ok so some guys said it does and you say it doesn't.
No offense but same shit to me.

I heard it was more of a "cutaway" design, as well as a touching tribute to Kenny Baker. Leaked prototype pic:

kenny-baker-r2d2 (resized).jpgkenny-baker-r2d2 (resized).jpg

#6929 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I believe what you're referring to is "R2D2 Attract Mode: On/Off"
Is that right?

Ahah, so more like this then:

R2-KT_meeting (resized).pngR2-KT_meeting (resized).png

#6932 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I envision it as R2's dome with his various lights that illuminate. Maybe it will make some R2 sounds. An even longer shot should be the dome rotates as R2 would.

Unless R2 can serve drinks, pick locks or shock furries, I'm out.

#6978 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. Box undamaged. Waiting for my son in law to come over so we can have a nerd party.

I'm picturing this:

SW_Party_Article1 (resized).jpgSW_Party_Article1 (resized).jpg

#7051 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I would think it has to be the right flipper. No matter how much you torque the shield to the left, it's still pointing to the guide on the right which is aimed down toward the right flipper. No idea how you could get it to the left. Perhaps trekkie1978 could chime in on this one...

Always goes to the left flipper on the Pro route machine at 1Up in Denver. Maybe the range of adjustability varies game to game, or between the Pro and LE?

#7174 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ur passing judgment on ur experience playing the pro in an arcade bar where the pin was silent?

On a single game, no less.

#7184 6 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I decided to take the plunge and placed an order for a premium. I've played the Pro and LE and while I know everyone's tastes are different I'm stoked about owning one and this is a dream theme for me.
Curious to hear what playfield/plastics protection people are using on these? Seen some stuff from Mezel, what else?

I'm going to try one of these when my Premium shows up:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/01064-nudies-clear-shooter-lane-eject-protectors

4 weeks later
#7301 6 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I felt the legs on this pin don't quite snug up really close to the cabinet the whole way down the front of the cabinet compared to the other 2 I have. Doesn't look to be a flaw, just an observation all legs were the same.

Not sure what other Stern games you have, but the newer ones have a plastic version of this pre-installed:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711
to keep the legs from touching (and scraping up) the cab decals. By design, they should keep the legs from touching the body of the cab when the legs are fully attached.

#7346 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think he owns the game.
Rob

Yeah, jar155 is definitely not a fan of pretty much anything about the new SW, if he now owns one I’d be shocked.

#7348 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What mechanical issues are there anyhow?

Some Premium/LE ramps have malfunctioned under the newest code. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with the Pros.

#7351 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I do not own one. I play it regularly, however. I'm stubbornly trying to like it.
I didn't like Aerosmith much at all at release, but it really grew on me. It's no classic, but I think it's a good game now. I can't stand the theme, but it's a good player. I would REALLY love to learn to like Star Wars, because it's the theme I most want to be good in pinball.

I respect that, and I also respect your right to just straight up not like SW. If you don't like the bonus multiplier mechanic (and you care about your scores, which I think you do) then you're probably just never going to enjoy the game all that much. At least you played it a number of times before reaching a final judgment, which is more than many people commenting negatively on the game bothered to do.

#7356 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

They told me “soon”
Whatever that means

They're still trying to sell SW Premiums. I'm sure this will be a high priority as far as their coding resources go.

#7374 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Ugh. My ramp forks just started sticking up a little and trapping the ball, seems like it just happens during a hurry up. I have about 50 plays with update 0.92. Do I keep playing? Wait for another update?

Mine Premium doing that with 0.92 as well. I quit playing until Stern comes out with new code (or until I get clear advice from Stern that it's OK for me to revert to 0.89). Hope they get this fixed quickly, I want to play!

#7393 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

How do you get notifications about this sort of thing? Is it just up to the distributors to contact every person they sold too? Does Stern send out alerts via email to everyone? I just find this sort of thing completely unacceptable in 2017. You cheap less than $100 consumer electronic device has wifi, notifications and software updates. How can a pin of this value be so behind the times.

If nothing else, at least we've got an answer to your question about why Stern wouldn't want to open source their software. If they can destroy boards with official software releases, no need to give everyone else a shot at it.

#7397 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can modify the firmware in my car and I have done that and melted the motor.

OK, now this deserves a thumbs-up! I'd love to have seen the look on your wife's face when she heard the news.

1 week later
#7402 6 years ago

Can someone with a SW Pro post pics of the current bracket situation? Was reading a Stern cabinets thread and it came to my attention that the Pros may not have the same souped-up brackets as the Premiums/LEs?

#7405 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I actually like the new brackets better than the old mechanism. The lockbar sits much firmer than before and it's really not a problem to open them, once you know how. It's different, NOT worse.
These are the types of changes I can happily accept - even if they are driven from a cost pov. Good for Stern, not worse for us... so why not?

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough in my original post.

As TheLaw guessed, I was asking about the corner brackets that hold the cabinet together (not the latches that latch down the lockdown bar, which I agree are pretty cool). On SW Premium and LE they're more heavy duty than what TheLaw is showing there on his Pro.

#7412 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Please take a photo of your SW PREM corner brackets that hold the cabinet together . I want to see it . Copy and it to my PC and send Patrick Powers an email to see if it can be added to a Star Wars (Pro). As an operator this is a concern .

Not my pics, but here you go!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets/page/41#post-4041007

2 weeks later
#7429 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Well if you saw what this "firmer" bar does to some front decals you wouldn't be so convinced they are not worse. My friends gotle front decal was pretty much destroyed by the mechanism being too tight. And it's not the only occurrence where this has happened.

Haven’t heard of this happening before - have you seen other reports on Pinside? Is it only with GOT or an ongoing issue? Was it fixable (ie could he adjust the mechanism so as not to destroy the replacement decal?)

I’m another that actually prefers the new lockdown bar system. But it would be a bummer if it’s damaging some decals.

3 weeks later
#7445 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

When i shoot the death star ramp and the mission option holds the ball and then after mission select, the ball releases down the forks and right down between the flippers. It is an impossible save and nothing to do with timing or a nudge will help...SOL. I checked and the cabinet and its dead level. I did not check the playfield, wonder if that might be off even though cabinet level. Any suggestions on an adjustment? I am sure its not designed that way.

When you say you checked the cabinet and it's dead level, do you mean you're leveling with the level resting on the cabinet? You always want to level a machine with your level resting directly on the playfield (not on the glass or the cabinet). I would check that first.

Quoted from jar155:

The fork ramp is a mess. I hate it. I've played several premiums and an LE. It never fails to be dumb for a variety of reasons.

Helpful! You don't have to like the ramp, but the common complaint with it is that it's a super-challenging shot to make and that you get roll-backs on what feel like solid shots, not that it always drops SDTM when it releases a locked ball. Based on the fact that people aren't constantly complaining about this specific issue, I'd guess it's either leveling or something else specific to the angle or adjustment of the fork ramp on his machine (hopefully something user-fixable, whatever it is), since most Premium's don't do this.

#7446 6 years ago

New update on SW code and accessories in the "Stern State of the Union"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-of-the-union-address/page/5#post-4109053

To summarize:

• 1.0 code is due in "early December" (before the new SW movie is released), but no additional details on what's in the code so we'll have to wait.
  • No accessories/topper until after the holidays (and no firm date provided).
  • There's a new (I think?) making-of video:

#7448 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

fosaisu i am leveling the glass/lockdown bar. I will try leveling the playfield. Is there any tilt adjustment ont the forks? Thanks!

Hopefully the leveling will work for you! I haven't poked around with the underside of the fork ramp, but I think a few people here have so hopefully someone can give you some pointers if needed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.