8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3694 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is some funny shit!

Which made me immediately think of this...

#3842 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Does anybody want to actually play the game first, before they clutter the playfield with useless junk?

Heck no!! I'm not even going to unbox my LE... I'm going to ship it right away down to Bryan_Kelly and have him put a shitload of toys all over the playfield.

#3846 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I plan on adding some also...just a few.

If pinside is a disease, then this is fully metastatic stage 4. No hope for a cure!!

1 week later
#4294 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My distro can beat up your distro!

Yo distro so fat, she thought Jabba the Hut had anorexia!!

#4553 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Do you realize how many time zones there are?
Looking forward to whatever we see at 6pm CST.

There are more than 24 time zones I believe (but I should probably google it before spouting off because the rest of this post is meant as a learning moment).

Anyway, I'm not sure how many because I do know that not everyone observes Daylight Savings Time... for those that do, including most of the Central Time Zone in the US, it's 6pm CDT this time of year and not CST.

#4809 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

...or just explaining everything to too much detail.

Um, nevermind.

#4900 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Why can't you tell us what code your SW pin has in it now???

I'll take a wild guess... Because somebody had to replace the drama of waiting for the gameplay video with some drama of waiting for something else?

#4990 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Any pin that I've ever liked has one or more cool physical gimmicks. Addams Family has the hand, the magnets under the playfield to randomize the ball. TZ has the gumball machine and magnaflip. LOTR has the magnetized ring that freezes the ball before disappearing onto the ramp behind the playfield. TS has the Sanctum, player-controlled diverters, and the best upper playfield in pinball. AS shoots the ball into the air into a toy box. NGG has the slam ramp to elevate the ball into the hole. The list goes on and on. This game has nothing in a physical sense. Does it have cool rules that Stern has shown that it is capable of when it tries? Yes. But that layout is SOO tired. Couple that with no, zero, zilch interactive toys and it's blah to me. And the fact that you have to pay 40-80% more for the version that may throw an interactive toy your way. Stick it!

I'm wondering if the hyperdrive loop and jump ramp into the DeathStar on the premium and LE would be comparable to the "physical gimmicks" you are referring to on other games? Personally, many of those gimmicks only serve to slow down the flow of the game and the novelty wears off after seeing them a time or two. Hope this doesn't have the same end result on SW.

#5186 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Colson just propositioned me in the bathroom.

Word on the street is that boob shot first!

#5209 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay, I just got done playing the game with DaveH and ForceFlow in a quiet setting with the sound turned WAY up and...
Wow. Just WOW. This game is truly a blast to play. Say what you want about the sparse playfield...it's lightning fast, immersive as hell, and the music and sound are incredible. I'm upgrading my previous 7 to a 9, and have deleted all previous comments I made lest they wrongly influence somebody on the fence ( konghusker , I'm looking at you!).
This is a game that seems already almost fully coded (much like GOT did when shipping), and it's just the fastest game I've ever played. All three of us had the ball drain at one point before we could even react with the flipper in time. Think AFM on steroids (good luck with the center drain off those LCD targets!).
Terrific game. Those of you who haven't played it need to get over the art and sparsity of the playfield and play a game before judging...and DON'T do it in a loud environment with people hanging over your back waiting to play. This will be a great addition to anybody's collection in a home environment, and should make a killing on location.
And PS - My wife was playing the other SW across the room and had a grin from ear to ear the whole time. She loves it and can't wait for us to get ours.

THIS is exactly the review I was hoping for!! I can't tell you how many other pins give me the same feeling you described when playing on location in a loud busy place, but then are awesome when played in my basement or a friends house. Sounds and lights are such an important factor to me personally for the immersion experience.

#5421 6 years ago

Erik... you are quickly becoming the Bowen Kerins for Star Wars. You realize we're all going to be expecting a tutorial video from you once the code is a bit more complete, right?

1 week later
#5809 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Contact Melissa at Cointaker they are the best of the best.

Another thumbs-up for Cointaker. I'm in Minnesota and I will never buy another NIB game without talking to Melissa first. Their customer service is that awesome.

#5957 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Hmm, page 52 has the plans to the Death Star. I always thought they'd be more complex

Love it!! I literally almost spit out my drink when I read this.

#6004 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

To be fair, that was pretty much a 2.5 hour movie designed to cover up a notorious plot hole.

Great... now I guess I'll be waiting for the Stern Rogue One movie that will be coming out as a prequel to the last few years of Stern QC deficiencies. Will we find out it was an intentional move all along, orchestrated by a inside mole from JJP??

1 week later
#6494 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Most important thing is that YOU (the owner) enjoy it, everyone else's opinion on here or in the real world is irrelevant. That's just my opinion

I do tend to agree with this... but there are people out there who are betting on getting a deal if you decide to sell someday. If it's never leaving your collection, then absolutely irrelevant what others think.

It remains to be seen what the supply/demand curve for LE's will become a few years down the road. But the initial demand curve seems to have dropped a bit.

#6525 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

This all makes perfect sense from a business perspective and I agree 100%. BUT.....for most of us, pinball is not a business, it is a hobby and hobbies cost money.
It is interesting to me how this hobby has a different thought process then most other hobbies. Everyone (me included) would like to get most, if not all, of their money back when they sell a machine after playing it for X number of months/years. On used machines, sometimes you can find a deal that allows you to play it for months/years and make some money. NIB machines sometimes go up but that is rare and should never be counted on.
Almost all other hobbies where the actual item you "play with" guns, cars, motorcycles, etc. cost a significant amount of money compared to pinball. By cost, I mean when you sell the item, pinball machine, gun, car, etc.what was the cost of ownership vs the amount of fun you had with it.
Example: you buy a rifle, take it to the range a few times a month, and shoot a couple hundred rounds each trip. Range fee+ammo+targets+gas+travel time to the range = cost that you can never get back but you had fun. Value of the gun itself is probably similar to what you paid for it in most cases.
Cars : you like going to the track (dragstrip, road course, doesn't really matter) you will go through tires+brakes+fluid changes more often +gas +any mods you decide to do to make it faster/handle better+as a rule, most all cars depreciate at some level= costs that you can never get back but you had fun. The car will almost certainly be worth less than what you paid for it in most cases.
Pinball: plug it in and play it + mods if you want +little to no maintenance (on a new machine in the short term) = you had fun (assuming you liked the machine you bought) and sold it for a price lower that what you paid (remember, a pinball machine is not an investment) but you had fun, hopefully shared it with some friends, and start looking for your next machine.
The pinball machine will be worth close to what you paid for it, some cases more but I would never count on that. How do you put a value on the fun you have and the friends you make in this hobby?
SWLE is approximately $1200 more than a premium. Is it worth it? I don't know, haven't seen one in person but I like the pictures. Will I like the way it plays? I don't know, Jack Danger and crew sure made it look fun TO ME. Will I lose money if and when I decide to sell it? I don't know but I am excited to play it, I have been a Star Wars fan since I was a little kid so if it costs me money to find out, I am OK with that. My hope is that I love it and it stays in my collection for a long time.
With all this being said, am I happy about paying $8500 for it at this time? No. Do I feel BM66 SLE was worth $5000 more than the LE at this time? No. Will I continue to buy at these prices? Unsure at this time.
I am fortunate enough to be able to afford these machines and share them with as many friends as I can but I feel for the people that are being/have been priced out.
Sorry for the long winded post but I feel sometimes the greatness that is pinball as a hobby gets lost in the bickering over price and value. What has value to you, 90's Williams games for example, doesn't have value to me, I don't like playing most of them (not directed at anyone specific, just a general statement). That's what makes this hobby so great, there are enough choice out there to make everyone happy!
Hope everyone has a great day!

I couldn't agree more. I think I have paid way too much for pins at times (based on emotion) and also gotten some fair prices occasionally. I wasn't trying to state my opinion about losing money, but rather that there are many out there who do try to see it as a zero-sum game or even try to make a profit.

I am definitely looking forward to getting one of these down the road... if not NIB, then at least a minty HUO.

1 month later
#7219 6 years ago

Ok... the posts about getting to the Death Star exploding had me wondering one thing? Is this similar in any way to getting to DTR in LOTR? The light show and flipper craziness is one of my favorite things ever in pinball, but I've only done it like 3-4 times in the last year. Is it similar in difficulty to get to it? And is it similar in how the pin reacts once you do? If the answer is no for both, I can't help but think it's a lost opportunity... but admittedly I don't own SW yet so have very little clue about the overall rules and gameplay. Forgive me if this is like comparing apples and oranges... or Hobbits and Jedi.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 21.50
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.