Texas (resized).png
IMG_3312 (resized).png
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0262 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

756 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cottonm4. You are on page 3 of 4.
#18385 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I wonder how many lacerated knees resulted from the protruding drink shelf.

Considering that many like to lean on the pin at a 45 degree angle as they play, I doubt there was any collision between the pin and the player.

1 week later
#18455 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Project glass for project games. Funny!
newyork.craigslist.org link
Worn, and have scratches, but are fine otherwise (???) Like they're still in one piece???

I just love scratches on my play field glass. Too bad these are too fay away.

2 weeks later
#18593 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Seller really has some guilt about this machine. Bet you could talk him down to $ 200.
SO many jokes I could make here but I don't want to get banned.

GRC has one up for sale and are calling it "Politically incorrect".

#18605 3 years ago

Estate Sale Wichita KS

Williams Seven Up pin for sale.

https://www.estatesales.net/KS/Haysville/67060/2681064
------------------------------------

I am going to check this sale out in the morning for several items that will be selling. . I am not interested in this pin. I can look at it for you if you are interested. I am not equipped to offer any help beyond looking or talking to the seller. PM me if interested.

#18619 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I’d be interested if it was a Canada Dry, but I’ll pass on a Seven Up.

If it was a Canada Dry I would not have mentioned it But you do have good taste.

#18655 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Just make a new cabinet. Its easy! (Why yes, I do take every opportunity imaginable to post pictures. Its what I do.)
Shawn
[quoted image]

I saw this when you had it at TPF. I was impressed with the quality of the workmanship. You know that if you miss drill a hole in a piece of wood, you fill it, paint it and hide it. The clear plexiglass is not as forgiving.

#18693 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

That looks like a 50s/60s/70s version of a zizzle toy pinball machine

Yeah. it needs to be hanging from the wall of a Cracker Barrel.

#18695 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Super depressing Coffee Table Alert:
Circus (Home pinball)
Brunswick (1980 SS)
Wernersville, PA
$900 (he’s smoking something)
Op: Up for sale is an extremely RARE Pinball coffee table.
vintage circus pinball game, fully functional, you can play the game!
Normally I’ve seen these but it’s just lights installed, this is fully functional. Very Rare!

Can we see it, too? Please.

#18711 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

C’mon Ron You just want the NOS pantyhose machine they are selling

That pantyhose machine was probably selling L'eggs pantyhose. They were sold in a container shaped like a plastic egg.

I am a guy. But there was no way you could avoid the L'eggs commercials. I can sing the TV jingles to this day.

It is interesting to read how the pantyhose industry went into decline just by women's office wear becoming more casual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27eggs

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#18771 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Sale was pending got the address. Seller told her to bring a dolly etc. Hmm, she got called off with a weird excuse. They never want to admit they got a better offer. So it goes... Not worth getting bummed about.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

Seller went dark.
Was to call me in an hour, two pass, finally responds sold pending pick-up

Nowadays, if the deal is a steal and too good to be true, you are going to have to offer more, just to even have a look. Just like hot selling houses.

1 week later
#18863 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I emailed the other day and asked what the price was and she contacted me today and told me $1500. What a deal

It is an estate sale. The price goes down on Day 2. And down some more on day 3.

Make an offer. Some sales have a box where you can submit your bid. You might get lucky

#18876 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I contacted him within 2 minutes of the listing and someone beat me to it

Chasing pinballs is evolving into a speed race. Sort of like how NASCAR pit crews have evolved into turning a 60 second pit stop into a 15 second pit flash. VAROOM !

2 weeks later
#18972 3 years ago
Quoted from DCP:

Just FYI, Jaybird Auctions sells for Coinop Warehouse. Pinball is not their primary business and you should carefully inspect any of their machines - they are sold "as-is". Good deals can certainly be found, but be sure to check them out closely. They also add an 18% buyer's premium.

Well, I was thinking a possibility with Meteor. But the back glass is real flaky. The play field needs some work. The boards are not hooked up. And I have been around enough now that I want to see what is under the play field. Add in that 18% buyer premium and shipping at the current $200.00 bid and that takes me out.

#19013 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

In a pinch, you can also use a pinball as a table (dining room tables are overrated, anyway)

I'll have two burgers and a shake, please. Oh, and add some tater tots.

image-11 (resized).jpgimage-11 (resized).jpg

image-23 (resized).jpgimage-23 (resized).jpg

#19016 3 years ago

That Meteor is worth $200.00 for the back glass alone. Play field looks like it will clean up nice, too.

I wish I was closer

#19018 3 years ago

Nice score, Jethro. I wish I could find them 25 miles from home.

#19041 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

It looks like it can be lifted out of that housing... but who knows

He also has a pool table sitting on the same kind of pedestal. There're some nice items in this sale. I doubt the owner was a chain saw type.

#19061 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I'll be happy to pass it along.

#19084 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I keep seeing this annoying post in my local craigslists posts. Guy has been reposting this for months now!
philadelphia.craigslist.org link

I guess you are going to have to buy it just to shut him up

EDIT: I did not read far enough before answering. And then I see Bluespin has the perfect solution

#19097 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I’ve been to one of their auctions two years ago, and I’ve followed all of the results since. They’ve never done this part before. The highest bidder was able to pick which pins he would buy at his winning bid. There were I think six pins and he won at a bid of $225. He decided to buy Shadow, two Checkpoints and another pin. Then the started another round of bidding and he won again at a lower price and he bought another pin at a lower price. The last winning bidder won the Road Kings at $70.

Six pins for $225.00? Or 6 pins for $225.00 each?

#19103 3 years ago

It’s each, when I went to the Amish auction in July they did that with the neon signs and I was confused as hell I paid double. That’s how it works. $225 for the shadow alone was a killer deal. Some of the working pins went for decent prices too.

I go to a Friday night auction all of the time. I have been bit when they say "2 times the money". I thought I was bidding $10.00 and turns out it was $20.00.

#19107 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

So do you only pay half in a Dutch auction?

Here is the way the auctioneer works it at his auction.

Let's talk in terms of pinball machines to see pit easy.

Choice: Auctioneer puts 5 pin up for sale on Choice. I want the Eight Ball Delux. And you want the the Evil Kanievel. But we don't know that we want a different pins in that lot. So, we start bidding up. And then you win the bid and I am sweating because I really want that EBD. But I get lucky and you take the EK.

And then the auctioneer asks if anybody else wants to choose form what is left. So, I can get the EBD for the same money as you just paid for your EK. Or I can take a chance and see if I get it cheaper on the 2nd time around.

But when the auctioneer comes back to sell the other 4 pins, he may do the Choice with what is left and I just might get that EBD for cheaper. Or, the auctioneer may decide to sell the 4 remaining pins as one lot. And now if I want that EBD I will have to buy 4 pins to get the one I wanted.
=============================

One lot: Auctioneer has 3 pinball machines for sale as one lot. So you are bidding on all 3 and you will buy all 3.
=======================================

Times the money: The auctioneer cannot get anyone to bid on one pin in the above example. So he will say " all 3 pins for one money" to keep the auction moving.
=============

He will say, " I have these pinball machine for 3 times the money. So if you think you buying one for $200.00 you are mistaken. You are buying 3 pins for $200.00 each.
=================

Sometimes the auctioneer's call out for "times the money" goes by pretty fast and I think I am buying a power drill and a belt sander for $20.00. But I missed the part where the auctioneer said "times the money" and wind up paying $40.00.

I have never been to a Dutch auction and I am not familiar with them.

Every auctioneer can make their own rules. You really have to pay attention.

#19110 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

That was a joke son, a joke I say. (Boy’s as sharp as the leading edge of a basketball, basketball that is)

Sorry. I did not see your joke icon.

#19117 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Our favorite when Super Auctions used to come here to Columbus back about 10-15 years ago was the "Phantom" bids. Auctioneer got caught and called on it one time when he couldn't even keep up with his shenanigan's and lost track of the bids and had no one to confirm who bid. LOL

I was in the used car biz for 3 years the early 90s. I won't say "common" but it was frequent practice for the auctioneer to get a bid from what we called "wall money" meaning you were bidding against the wall. so, if you were bidding you were also looking around and trying to find who was bidding against you.

Everybody knew it happened. But it did not happen often. It was just accepted. Your protection is know your market and have a good idea that what you were bidding on was worth.

The Friday night auction I go to does not do the phantom bidding practice.

But people get emotional once they start bidding. And you can play some games. One night, there was an original oil painting for sale. It was a scene of some ducks lifting out of the water. Man cave stuff because your old lady is not going to havre in in her living room. I would not of having it for 5 or 10 dollars.

I saw an old boy down on the first row to ask one of the floor runners to bring that painting up to the auction block.

Two things here:

1) He is getting tired and wants to go home and does not want to wait all night for the painting to come u for sale.

and

2) He wants that painting.

Normally, on a good night, this painting might have brought $20.00 He started bidding and I was his opponent. He was down low on the bleachers and I was 4 rows higher. I could see him; He did not know I existed. The bidding started going up. When the painting got to $50.00 the auctioneers started getting excited with two hot bidders going at it. I finally let the guy have that painting for $70.00.
=============================================================

When you are young and looking for action, you head for the nightclubs where all the pretty ladies are supposed to be.

When you get older and finally realize your picking-up-chicks-days are behind you, you go to auctions. There is no admission charge and if you keep your hands in your pockets they are cheap entertainment. After 2-3 years of accumulating auction junk I decide I wanted to make some changes so I took some things back to the auction to sell.

One item I had was a fire place mantle piece. It was cheap porcelain, white in color, and was gilded with a few imitation gold stripes. It was 4 musicians with their violins playing chamber music. It was made in China and there was a chunk of porcelain broken out of the top surface. But it looked good on the fireplace mantle. I paid $5.00 for it.

Since I was selling I did not go to auction that night. When I picked up my check and the invoice for items I sold, I saw that the mantle piece I paid $5.00 for sold for $100.00. I also took a 4 drawer file cabinet to sell that same night. It brought $1.00.

#19131 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I would imagine that happens on fleabay a lot?

I have made some people pay more than they would have. Ebay's automatic bidding can get you all beat up.

I was trying to buy a circuit board recently. The bid was at $15.00. I made my bid and the other bidder's automatic Ebay bid kept over topping me. I would bid and get over topped. At around $40.00 someone else got in on the bidding as I got out. The circuit board wound up selling for $70.00.

Amazingly, a couple of weeks later another one of these boards came up for sale. This time I went to an auction snipe site and got the board for $15.00.

Several years ago, a pair of expensive automotive head lights came up for sale. The seller was selling them separately. If I could have bought them for the right price I would have bought them. There was one bidder bidding on both auctions. I made my 1st bid on the lefthand head light. I was overbid with Ebay's automatic bidder. I kept walking it up. Ebay kept overbidding me.

If I remember correctly the bidding was at $75.00 for this headlight assembly. New units were selling for $450.00 each. I think I bid up to $200.00 and figured out this other guy had his Ebay automatic bidder set for $250.00. So, I went the the right hand side auction and big it at $200.00 which immediately jacked the other bidder's automatic bid up to over $200.00.

I never use Ebay's automatic bidder because it is too easy to game. If you want to make a hidden bid, the auction snipe sites are the only way to go.

#19135 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Oh I agree. Shill bidding is definitely sketch. But my point was you are bidding against the owner, or an agent of the owner and they are setting the price they want to sell it for. Essentially, the only difference between shill bidding and a reserve is that shill bidding is setting the reserve "on the fly", where overall excitement from the bidders, or a particular bidder, can raise or lower the price they let it go for. Most likely only raising the price.

That is a good explanation. Shill bidders are the reserve price. If a live auction tries to put reserves on it will find that is a good way to kill an auction.

3 weeks later
#19276 3 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

The real question is who got the Catacomb for $100?...

A Catacomb for $100.00? Where? My tired eyes do not see it.

#19280 3 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

It was not advertised - here is a pic of it...
I wish I had got there earlier... I REALLY wish I had.[quoted image]

So, you are telling me this Catacomb was at that Omaha estate sale with The Simpsons but was not advertised? Is that what you are saying?

I needs a back glass but it sure is nice looking.

#19305 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Nice bright reds on the backglass. Bingo cards in really nice (not perfect) shape.

Clean up that play field and lay down a Beehive protector and that will be a nice Big Game.

#19311 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

scratch that reverse it! Rosa just called back and let me know she would honor our original agreement!

Are going to keep it or are going to do one of your fix it up things and sell it?

#19343 3 years ago

10, 300 were made. Not rare. Too cheap to put money into. Parts. I'd like the cab myself. Too far for me, too.

1 week later
#19422 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Cool BG....PF is toast and doubtful you could find another

Here is a Lizard in action. I can't get past the sound set.

#19465 3 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

$700 Trident in Baltimore area:
baltimore.craigslist.org link
Listed as not playable possibly because of a burnt connector.
-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

Here is video of a guy playing a Trident that he made some new code for. It looks like fun. As I am starting to learn a little more about these Stern MPU 100 pins I am getting a lot of respect for them. If this one was closer, I would be going for it.

#19481 3 years ago

I always wanted to be Teacher's Pet but she got busted. I still think, " What was the problem"?

postap071218011923 (resized).jpgpostap071218011923 (resized).jpg

#19491 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

She looks kinda like 1990's Heather Locklear. Who is that?

Debra Lafave: Schoolteacher. One of her students was being treated to a good time, but like all teenage boys, he had to blab to his friends. Word got around and back to the boy's mom who had a come-apart that her young son had been damaged.
----------------------------------------------------------

I suppose if she looked like this, every body would have blew a gasket and pinched their nose and said that bitch needs to be punished.

But the hot teacher looked how she looked; The kind every hot blooded boy fantasizes about; A lot of boys and a lot of old farts would have been more than willing to have taken that "damaged" kid's place.

For your reading pleasu....ah...edification.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Lafave

#19508 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Someone go get this Lucky Hand before it’s gone
hartford.craigslist.org link

All the good stuff always seems to be on the east coast.

#19534 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I'd love to have that.

No. No. The proper response is the Colson3 response: "I wish I was closer"

#19567 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Most sellers want a QUICK & EASY transaction. Over the years I have learned "make the deal & roll right away" - no asking for more details / more pictures / etc. Lock the deal in and run and grab what ever I was able to buy at a price I thought was "fair" judging from their listing. Sometimes I "take a hit" and overpay for "junk" and other times I hit a home run. But at least I got the stuff in my trailer before someone else grabbed it.
Typically I am on the road within 15 minutes of communicating with the seller. I have already driven 6 or 7 hours and picked machines up at midnight then drove all night home. I have driven through storms - skipped eating dinner - etc. What ever it took to lock the deal in then worry about how good of a deal it was. NO REGRETS!
I am glad I am totally done chasing Pinball Machines but my latest hobby (model railroad stuff) is just as competitive so I am now fighting over trains instead of pinball machines. (At least they are smaller & lighter!)

yes. If you act too picky the seller will lack confidence to hold anything for you. Too many people will not show up. I used to text my seller and say, " I'm backing out the driveway now.

One hour in and a text saying I am on the road and have made 125 miles. I am now in ...this town. I am stopping for lunch in River City. I'm 200 miles away. Anything to keep me on their mind so that they would have no doubt I was coming.

But even 4 years ago did not seem as competitive as it seems today.

I'm glad I got all of the ones I wanted. I don't think I could do the same thing today.

#19577 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I wouldn't be picky if he offered them at $250 each. If you looked at the pics I loaded he sent, they aren't great. He wanted $700 each for the Baseball and Upper Deck. For untested games, that's way high. I wanted to see the PF's. I am not negotiating a price without seeing what I'm buying. Should I just agree, drive 350 miles round trip and hope the PF isn't worn out?

I understand where you are coming from. I want to see lots of good pics before I say "yes". In this hot market a long distance buyer is at a disadvantage; Ask too many questions and the seller is going to walk.

Look at the competition. Old people have two things: Money and lots of free time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/385#post-6126611

This guy gets his first pinball machine. And he is not the only old fart getting his first pin.

ae0add159856b5468053b4afaf40627c53621696.jpeg (resized).jpgae0add159856b5468053b4afaf40627c53621696.jpeg (resized).jpg

#19578 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Totally agree. I bought my 1st 22 years ago, and 60 more since. So the market has changed. You win some, you lose some. I passed on a Stern Star Gazer in 2000 and bought a Bally Lost World instead since both were $400 at an operators warehouse. Dumbest move ever.

Oh, I agree .

But hindsite is such a wonderful thing.

#19606 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Love my Hi-Deal.

Sure. But not at King Kong prices

#19632 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

That pin in no way fits in with the rest of the items pictured from that estate. Hey, here's a bunch of antiques and other old items...and a brand new pinball machine. I'd love to hear the story on how it got there.

Sure it does. The house was hers. And he got that small space in the basement for his 1 pin. It is a familiar story on Pinside

#19634 3 years ago

For all of the estate sale lookers

5-16.jpg.pro-cmg-scaled (resized).jpg5-16.jpg.pro-cmg-scaled (resized).jpg

#19641 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Man, that's COLD!

Cold? Maybe. You gotta have a sense of humor about life, dying, and death because you will not outrun it.

My GF's last aunt, the one with the money, died a couple of years ago. After the funeral service and eating at the obligatory dinner at the church, as I was wondering around a room full of people I did not know, one of the aunt's grandson's was in the hall talking to someone else about the money that was going to get passed around. He did not care about his grandma; Only the money that she generated. And his grubby paws were out: "Grandma's gone. Where's my money ? "

Before Covid, when I was going to the Friday night auctions, you would see grandma's entire possessions up for sale. Stacks of dishes, books, you name it. One night I bought a box of family pictures for the picture frames only. I tossed that entire family into the trash can when I got home and kept the picture frames.

Estate sales happen usually for one of three reasons.

1) Someone is entering their twilight years and downsizing.

2) Selling out and hitting the road in our new RV.

or

3) Grandpa died and the long distance family has to fly in and get rid of everything fast. And cheap. And look at that pinball machine sitting in the corner.

1 week later
#19713 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I have now seen it all. Eat mor chikin. Save the ZIPPER FLIPPERS.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3958207984230689/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined
[quoted image]

Must have been computer nerd who "cowed" up the Dogies.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#19729 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Sad that the repair tech died while having the boards....

I have nightmares about sending items off and having the sendee die while in possession of my parts. I am not shy about asking about how my parts will be inventoried, dealt with, and returned if you...I'll say it...if you die.

1 week later
#19797 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

AUCTION
Volcano
Gottlieb SS
Current Bid $312
Auction ends 03/13
Conyers, GA
https://www.estatesales.net/marketplace/items/371680

Volcano is good player. The one I played had factory mylar on. The play field looked brand new.

1 week later
#19899 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think that's pretty good I guess? If I was interested in the title I'd have grabbed it, but I'm not a particular fan of that game and already have too many single players...

Quoted from gdonovan:

It's ok, depends if you like title or not.

The best part about Delta Queen is the back glass.

#19911 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/454923922506567/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner
Everyone please have a little fun with this JERKO. Has an Embryon for $2K listed. Has no displays working. I message him hey , I don't think this machine works? I do not see any displays lit up? Nothing else. He replies, thanks for the FREE diagnosis.
Have fun folks!!!!

I asked him if he had better pictures. And if the back glass was flaking. And also asked if the displays worked.

We'll see if he replies.

#19914 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I asked him if he had better pictures. And if the back glass was flaking. And also asked if the displays worked.
We'll see if he replies.

He replied and said he would post better pics. He didn't say anything about the displays not being lit up.

#19994 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Ive seen far less comments on sale posts on here than in the FB marketplace.
Plus...on here you have 100% the audience your looking to sell to.

I can’t stand Facebook and rarely go there. But I imagine FB has a much farther reach than Pinside.

#20034 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Well, I offered $1600 for the pair and got LOL as the reply. I would have possibly worked up to $1K each if he had counter offered, but he decided LOL was the right reply. They are DOA system 80's. True labors of love. He can keep them.

I always look at it as an offer is an offer. I can work with an offer. We may not be able to make a deal, but an offer, any offer, is much better than "would you take"?. And LOL as a reply to an offer. What nonsense. The idiot is too full of his self.

#20062 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Gold Rush
Williams em
$650 obo
Pinsider belbs316
Lancaster, pa
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112419

It's gone.

#20067 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Some of these Estate people are up to dirty tricks and ruthless behavior. They purposely save or lie about the good stuff because they will have their people come in and scoop it up on the last day for 50% off.

I disagree. If the price is posted, where is the harm? Don't like the price? Walk. Sales people try to create demand and sell for top dollar---if they are good sales people. It is no different than an auctioneer trying to get the best price for his client.

Around here, estate sales set the price for 100% price on day 1. Then a 25% discount on day 2. And then another discount on day 3. Don't like today's price? Wait until tomorrow---and hope what you are wanting is still there.

Some will take an offer. Some won't.

1 week later
#20133 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

This was his response:
“ Sorry, it’s already in the dumpster”

Quoted from bluespin:

I didn’t look at the score reels. It’s probably a local collector pranking people for April Fool’s day.

The ad is only 8 hours old. Sounds like a prank.

But yeah, everybody start offering lots of money for the unicorn.

#20156 3 years ago
Quoted from Flancrest_ent:

Anyone have good suggestions for starter project for a teenager? Looking to buy a project for my son for the summer. Figure gives him something to work on rather than stare at the Xbox. Figure $500 cheaper than summer camp (too old anyways) and gets him interested in electronics and sense of accomplishment (if) he gets it working.
Trying to find a fairly simple machine to work on, want to at least try to set him up for success! Any suggestions appreciated. We’re in southern NH for what it’s worth. Thanks!

How old is your teenager? What are his skill sets and interests? Is he mechanical minded or electronic minded?

What kind of tool selection will he have? He will need a nice soldering station. He will learn many skills working on a pin. Knowing how to properly solder carries a lot weight.

You say electronics. I would suggest something by Bally in the late 70s/ early 80s. They are relatively easy to work on. Most common parts are readily available. If a circuit board needs replaced, they are readily available and reasonably priced.

And--------there are a lot of Bally people here who can help him out when he runs into problems.

$500.00 will not buy very much in this market. But deals are out there.

Shoot, put him on the hunt for the pin he thinks he wants. You Tube has lots and lots of pinball videos to let you see what you might like. You guys might get to take a road trip together to pick up a pin and get a little father/son bonding.

1 week later
#20193 3 years ago

I’m not sure where this belongs:

I get a text from an acquaintance who knows I like pinball. He asks if he can pass my phone number to a friend looking to value a pin. I said sure.

The next day I get a call from some woman who puts on estate sales. A friend of hers has a Royal Flush that needs to move. She gives me an address and I say I will go look at it tomorrow.

Tomorrow comes and I drive the 15 miles for a look see. The pin is in the basement. Nice house.Nice basement. These people are packing up to move.

The pin turns out to be a Williams Straight Flush. There is some minor wear on the play field and the back glass, while not perfect, is in good condition. And it works! So says she.

It has an old lamp cord for power. I plug in and reach under the cab to find out there is no toggle switch. So I push the credit button and the GI lights come on. Nothing else works. The rubbers are dry, yellowed, and broken.

I’m not interested in this pin called Straight Flush; I don’t do EMs. For a Royal Flush I would make an exception.

I ask her what kind of money she is wanting for it. It is obvious this woman has been looking at EBay. She wants...drum roll...$3500.00.

I told her that this is not a popular pin and needs lots of work. That it might be worth $200.00. Well, this is the pin her late husband always wanted and that she will just go ahead and keep it.

She thanked me for coming to look. I headed for the door.

That’s my over priced pin story.

1 week later
#20249 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Bally Black Jack, no coin door, likely no boards...in fact, I don't even see the head. Parts machine or retheme?...$20??
Rochester MN
rmn.craigslist.org link

Over 4000 were made. 33 pinsiders want one. It would not even make a good looking coffee table.

Parts. It has a lockdown bar. I'd like to have the cabinet.

#20280 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Hell of a deal, won't last long.

I'd be all over that if it was closer.

#20300 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

washingtondc.craigslist.org link
So rare they don't have pics!

Sort of like looking at Mr. Pinball with no pics.

#20304 3 years ago

This is not a project. It is not even a pinball machine. But I think it is cool and maybe something that would get someone's interest.

It is a rare arcade game called Dozer. One is for sale near Kansas City. I know nothing else about it.

lawrence.craigslist.org link

This link tells you a little about it. Halfway down there is a video that shows one of these in action.

https://arcadeartifacts.weebly.com/americoin-dozer.html

If I had a lot of money and some space I would not mind having this to spice up the collection.

#20306 3 years ago
Quoted from steviechs:

The sound package is questionable - it sound like an WWII airplane dog fight

It's a 40 year old machine.

#20308 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I remember playing one of them back when I was a kid. Guess that shows how old I am. After watching that I now want an RC Dozer and a big sand box to play in!

Like those boys in Germany with their RC construction toys.

What I want is one of the Junkyard machines. Can you imagine the bar room betting you could work up with one of these?

#20351 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

AUCTION - ENDS
Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Vector / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1981
Production: 3,500
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Jungle Queen / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1977
Production: 6,795
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/KS/Wichita/67218/2867820

These pins are less than a mile from me. But there is no address. It is an auction. I called the estate seller this afternoon inquiring if they can be seen before bidding, do they work, condition, etc.

I'm still waiting for a return call.

#20353 2 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

The Vector is at about $300 on the bid the EM around $50 bucks and the Harley $500 if I were that close I would probably make a bid or two

Thanks. I finally found the bid page. The pin is less than one half mile from me. I'm not interested but my operator friend is interested. But he is looking for cheap. I think he tops out at $300.00.

#20362 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

AUCTION - ENDS
Game/Type: Vector / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1981
Production: 3,500
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Jungle Queen / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1977
Production: 6,795
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/KS/Wichita/67218/2867820

I just came from looking at both of these pins.

Jungle Queen has nice play field and flaky back glass.

Score motor will not stop to spinning. It will need an EM mechanic.

Vector was heavily routed. Much play field wear. Starts/ Lights work. Credits up. Will not launch a ball. The outhole kicker arm is broken. it is plastic. Marco sells them for $24.00 but it is out of stock. It is a rare part and according to my OP friend only 3 or 4 Ballys used this part. You will be looking for a hens' tooth. Plastics are not in good condition. Needs complete shop job.

Both pins have not been played for years.

#20376 2 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Our friend is a glutten for punishment lol
You couldn't pay me enough to rebuild another Vector

He’s out. Vector is currently bid at $850.00. Someone is going to have a rude awakening at that price.

#20394 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

And when you're done getting it working 100%, it isn't much of a game either.

At least it has a better play field than the one that sold in Wichita for $975.00 yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.33.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.33.37 AM (resized).png

#20400 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Never let that feeling go. Each game has its own charm.

Some charm much better than others

#20412 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Guess it sold, but was a Twin Bill- Gottlieb $400

A pawn shop in town has a Twin Bill back box for sale if anyone is interested send me a PM.

1 week later
#20455 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Blackout
Williams ss
$100
Charlotte, nc
charlotte.craigslist.org link

Too good to be true?

#20468 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Blackout
Williams ss
$100
Charlotte, nc
charlotte.craigslist.org link

Quoted from cottonm4:

Too good to be true?

Quoted from bluespin:

Probably a legit ad. I bought a TX Sector advertised for $75, and I know a local collector that bought a Funhouse for $50. People are moving and are in a hurry to sell their 250 toy they no longer use.
A sent a message to the seller but I didn’t see the ad until an hour after it was posted.

Quoted from bluespin:

Someone on a Facebook group posted that the picture is an old picture from a company’s website. It’s not a legitimate ad.

Trust me to keep you out of trouble

2 weeks later
#20608 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Skateball
Bally ss
$650 obo
Wisconsin
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115911
Me: Working pin, nice playfield.

And now it is sale pending. Hell of a buy.

#20697 2 years ago

Chicago Coin is the predecessor to Stern Electronics. The cab, back box, lockdown bar and coin door will all work as a donor to build a Stern Quicksilver or Star Gazer. You will have the less powerful smaller transformer and no drop targets, but there is a lot there to start a build.

#20751 2 years ago

Called back after I venmo’ed them the cash trying to raise the price on me. Love it!

Did you tell them to just give you your money back?

2 weeks later
#20841 2 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Here's an odd one, probably for cheap based on a few things no longer in the ad...
Bally "Spinner" game. Really not sure how to describe this other than a mix of Poker meets "Hungry Hungry Hippos"
siouxfalls.craigslist.org link

Forget the game. I have never seen a Royal Crown Cola dispensing machine before. Coke, Pepsi, 7up. But never for RC Cola.

00l0l_eYkWW67Xetnz_0lM0t2_1200x900 (resized).jpg00l0l_eYkWW67Xetnz_0lM0t2_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#20843 2 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Oh don’t tell me that. I’ve got too many projects already

But it looks like it is in your back yard. You could go pick it up in your little red Radio Flyer wagon

Some of this RC Cola stuff does pretty good on Ebay. There are some yellow carry-coolers bringing good bucks. But no dispensers like this one.

ebay.com link: sch

He is asking $100.00 OBO for it.

#20875 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Great Quicksilver build material there. One flipper mech has wrong bat and missing components. The transformer is worth $200. I hope someone in this group gets this.

And in the 4-place drop target assembly, and the lock down bar. Actually, add in the cabinet and back box. A steal at $200.00.

#20897 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Don't you just love how these "sales" suddenly turn into auctions?

Obviously, this pin was priced too low. The seller probably got hit hard with the circling sharks and said " Not so fast".

#20903 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Sounds like someone started a full tear down on both Haunted House pins and stopped. Repro playfields are available from Mirco and backglasses from BGresto and Coos. It’s a major project and a gamble.

Considering what HH has been selling for on Pinside, this one would have to get a whole lot cheaper to make any kind of monetary sense.

#20924 2 years ago

Alyssa, new member, posted this in the Northeast for sale thread, 2 pins for $100 each in Jersey. Also a Gottlieb Flying Chariots $350 Blackhawk Jersey

Quoted from bluespin:

The Gottlieb Super Spin and Soccer are now $400 each. The rough Flying Chariots is still $350.

How many people do you think answered her ad wanting one of these $100.00 gems? 5? 10? 20? 40? How many responses would it take for anyone of you to realize you underpriced your product and needed to rethink your price?

You know your price is too high when you do not even receive one phone call.

#20926 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

In my book you do your research first, then price an item you're selling. If you post an asking price, and don't honor the first person who agrees to pay it, then you're being dishonest and discourteous.

Considering some of these deals that have been happening with some starting a bidding war going above the asking price, which price would you honor?

The ad says "for sale $100.00". And then here come the "I'll give you $300.00 for it. Or I'll give you $400.00 for it. And then here comes email number #3. I would like to buy your pin for $100.00. You have not accepted anything, yet. You have not even replied to your responders.

Which deal are you going to take? Are you going to let #3 at $100.00 have it? Or are you going to jump for Big Pockets at $400.00?

#20931 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

In that case, I would take the first offer I receive, even if the buyer is offering more than the asking price. That way, I have not dishonored my original asking price to anyone.
So what I'm saying is, the first offer which meets or exceeds my asking price. Of course, the original buyer better be quick about it if I have other people banging down my door!

Quoted from jrpinball:

I had a situation recently where I was given a lead on a game. The asking price was $500. I called the seller and told her I would buy the game for her asking price.
She said that someone is coming to get it the next morning, but he offered her less. I said I'd give her the asking price, so she phoned the other guy, and told him that she had an offer for her asking price. At that point, he agreed to give her the $500 she was asking, and he did end up buying the game. I could have counter-offered more, but I won't do that. Turns out I know the guy who bought it, and I apologized for costing him an extra Benjamin, but that's what happens when you try to make a good deal even better.

So, on one hand, you have not dishonored your asking price, but then on another deal, you are asking someone to sell to you by offering a price above a deal that was already struck; In effect you asking them to dishonor their pricing. How is that different than someone changing the price in their ad?

Going back to the example I wrote up. Say the 1st contact was from someone who just met your ask price and the third contact was for more than the seller was asking. So, I offer you your $100.00 asking price but right below that email is another one offering $300.00. You have not accepted an offer, yet. Which one are you going to take? The $100.00 offer was there first.

#20932 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

If I contact the seller and they respond that they've received offers above asking price I walk away. I've tried the bidding war maybe ten times and I always lose, and end up driving up the price for someone else.

If it was pin I was wanting, I would figure out what I would be willing to pay. If the seller wants to turn it into an auction, then fine. I might not scarf up on a shark bait deal, but if I get what I want for a price I can live with then I will live with it.

A couple of years ago, some kid in Oklahoma City put up a unicorn for sale on Craigslist. It was Joker Poker. but as I studied the ad I saw it was the EM version with only 820 produced. The seller asking $300.00. I could have jumped on it but I did not.

I sent him a CL PM and told him his pin was worth way more than he was asking. I told him he could probably get $2000.00. He changed his price. A little later he told me he sold it for a $1000.00 offer. I could tell from his writing that he needed the money bad and was scared to walk away from an offer that he could have easily beat. So, some dude from Texas had to dig a little deeper because if me. Too bad. I helped out a kid who was hurting for money and did not know jack about pinball machines. I am not sorry.

#20936 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The Gottlieb Super Spin and Soccer are now $400 each. The rough Flying Chariots is still $350.

Quoted from jrpinball:

Tough call. I don't really see a problem with the person taking the higher offer unless he had already accepted his asking price from someone else.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but do you even know if this seller accepted an offer and then turned it down for a higher offer? Or did the seller open up his email only to see a full email box full of offers? Or are you assuming?

That's all I am saying. If the seller got hammered with beaucoup enquiries but did not accept an offer, then isn't the seller entitled to pull his ad and start over? Yeah, sure, the sharks will get a pissy attitude, especially if they had somewhere to go with it for a higher price.

Sort of like celebrities ( E.G. race car drivers ) charging $100.00 for their autograph. If they did not charge, the sharks would be snagging all of the autographs and then selling them for their own pocket money.
==================================================

Quoted from jrpinball:

That was very noble of you, but with all the information available online today, if you're too lazy to do a little research and find out what you're selling is worth, then it's only your fault if you get burned on a deal.

I agree to a point. If you are hanging out on pinside then you have a good idea of value. If you do not know about pinside, where do you go to do your research? _________________________?

Some go to Ebay and then we bitch about them getting their fantasy prices from Ebay. And if they price too low we come in bragging about the great deal we got *(because the seller did not d this research).

So, tell me , other than pinside, where does one go to do the research on pinball prices? Other than pinside, I am at a loss. Facebook, I suppose? Pawn Stars? American Pickers? Where is the online pricing research on pinball machines?

1 week later
#21003 2 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Pacman for $250
Owner says it has just been sitting for 20 years, and was not working when last used.
Located in Mt. Royal, NJ
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/885817938953249[quoted image]

Correction: The ad says it "was in working condition when last used. "

2 weeks later
#21098 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Darn. I want this

It's gone. I was going to try and work a deal where I could send Pawn Stars (Gold and Silver Pawn Shop. https://gspawn.com/contact-us/ ) some money and he could take it to Pawn Stars and they could pay him and then I could drive out and pick it up. He replied he already had a deposit.

#21107 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Oddly enough, I was actually there about a week ago
[quoted image]

Did you get to see Rick or Big Hoss? Shake their hand, maybe .

Is there anything special about it or does it look like all the other crapped out pawn shops I frequent.

#21115 2 years ago

System 11. That replaces the two boards on System 11s, such as Laser Cue, with one board. An Alltek MPU and solenoid driver board will set you back near the same at $350.00 for the pair.

#21126 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I love laser cue.

I should not have sold mine. Great pin.

#21132 2 years ago

This reminds me of the pinsider who bought a base ball machine with no head. All of the wires had been cut. Then he located a head from somewhere. When it shipped in, it had the same cut wires. He just by chance got the original head from his base ball machine.

#21142 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

FFS!
Way to turn a $3500 game into "$300" worth of junk! Anyone wanna pick that up for me? I set my mind to scratch building a Nine Ball and many of those parts would be helpful.

I would guess he turned it into a coffee table a long time ago. Before it was worth anything. It was just an old pinball machine with a missing back box.

I could use the cabinet but it sounds like it is modded.

A back box could be built easily enough. Maybe you get lucky and the transformer is still sitting inside. The play field is toast so go with Mirco.

$2000.00, $2500.00 ( these were nose bleed prices 5 years ago ) tops and you could build a nice Nine Ball. You get the drop assemblies that look intact. You get the lock down bar. Coin door looks nice. And then.................... you realize that the wire harness is probably nowhere to be found. Seller says what you see is what you get. One could be built, but it would be some work. Any other parts needed can be bought.

Or it could be Quicksilver or Star Gazer bait.

I wish it was in my town.

#21147 2 years ago

Can Mk1Mod0 just make a harness? He does that a ton!

He has to have a template. For his Star Gazer harness, he bought a SG play field. For QS, I think someone loaned him a QS play field. For Seawitch, I removed my Lexan play field protector, and marked on the protector the position of every light and every switch and sent to to him.

So, to make a harness, he would need a Nine Ball play field for a road map.

#21148 2 years ago

Already resigned to making the harness, so that would only be a very welcome bonus if it was still there.

If you are going to make a harness, you need colored striped wire.

Here is one way to make your own striped wire. I did take a tip from Shawn at Third Coast and use acrylic paints and a small paint brush to stripe my wires ( if needed), but if you are going to do a lot you need to build what this guy built. Start at post #36. Then skip to post #59.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-s-one-more-scared-stiff#post-4913086

Unfortunately, his link to Bay Area Amusements is not valid. It looks like Planetary Pinball has taken over for BAA.

#21153 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

It wasn't. He still had the backglass and the displays. He turned it into some wall art. He threw out all the boards and said the transformer was toast.

It is. He cut off the back (and the rails) and evened up the top.

Nope. See above.

It's not. The coils are all missing as well. But it has some pretty Christmas lights.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing.

#21156 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ugh. I'm angry and sad at the same time. WTH was he thinking?

In the early 90s, before Alltek brought its MPUs, LDAs and SDUs to market, there was no market for used pinball machines that were suffering from defective boards.

MY OP friend said he bought a Meteor at an arcade auction for five bucks and then he parted it out. It was not worth anything because it did not work ( I would have rather he turned it into a coffee table that I could use as a source of parts). I also met a vendor at TPF who said he used to make a fortune on MPUs that still worked. Alltek killed that money maker for him.

So, before you start castigating someone for turning a pinball machine into a coffee table, understand that yesterday's pinball market is not today's pinball market. He could have just tossed it, with its blown out play field, into the trash and none of us would know any better.

As it is, the buyer of this Nine Ball remnant got lots of good parts to use or sell. The next classic Stern coin door I buy might be from that Meteor my friend parted out. Or is could be the coin door from this Nine Ball. And I have bought lots of used Stern pinball parts on Ebay. I never gave it a thought as to where they came from.

Relax.

#21158 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I miss the days when people wanted video games and not pinballs.

I understand what you are saying. But if these old pinballs in general, and these classic Sterns in particular, were not going up in price/value, then none of them would be getting fixed up and restored. They would be forever stuck in pinball purgatory, in some old warehouse with a leaky roof.

And then we would be seeing a lot more "pinball horror" stories.

#21160 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My understanding was that this was a recent build

Quoted from FatPanda:

If given it was a recent build,

If that is the case, then I agree with you. But to me, the ad seemed read like it has been like this for awhile.

Quoted from newovad:

It wasn't. He still had the backglass and the displays. He turned it into some wall art. He threw out all the boards and said the transformer was toast.

From what the buyer says, it sound like he did have the back box.

I would like to hear the story.

#21163 2 years ago

Some dumbass “handy man” was bored and thought he was the first guy in the world to think that slapping 4 legs on some crap makes it into a coffee table worth $400.
These guys are walking liabilities. I keep a small one day a week job at a hardware store. These “Johnny hardhats” always come in with barebones knowledge and a YouTube video they just watched. I’ll never forget the guy who cut off all 4 fingers and part of his thumb putting in a window and CAME BACK 2 DAYS LATER TO BUY MORE.
Some people can’t be helped and I’m shocked they survived to adulthood!

Let's give it some perspective.

This is my Seawitch play field. It is being replaced with a Greatwich play field. I suppose it will wind up as a wall hanger if someone will buy it.

IMG_7236 (resized).jpgIMG_7236 (resized).jpg

This is the right side of my Seawitch cab.

IMG_7243 (resized).JPGIMG_7243 (resized).JPG

This is the inside of the right hand side of my Seawitch cab. You will notice a lot of paint missing from the inside of the cabinet. The reason all if this paint is missing is because the entire right hand wall of the cab is warped, or bowed inward. So every time the play field is raised, the side of the play field scratches paint from the wall. It is not just paint scratched off. There are grooves in the wood. The side of the cab is bowed inward about 3/8" at its deepest point.

IMG_7238 (resized).jpgIMG_7238 (resized).jpg

For 4 years I figured I would do a carpentry trick called kerf cutting. While doing kerf cuts will probably work, I don't know how well it would work and I am leaning in the direction of replacing the entire sidewall. But if I am going that far, then I might as well just build a new cab, which is my plan.

This will leave me in a position of having an old blown out play field leaning against the wall and an old wigged out cabinet taking up space.

What would you, or anybody, suggest I do with these two worn out pieces of shit? I could throw them in the dumpster. I could set them afire.

I have extra worn out flipper assemblies. I have some old nicotine stained pop bumper parts laying around. And I will also have an old set of plastics. And I have lots of used rubber rings.

I have enough stuff laying around that I could build a coffee table that looks like an old pinball machine.

Should I build a coffee table, or should I throw all of this stuff away?

1 week later
#21222 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - Today TH 08/26 - SAT 08/28
Game/Type: The Six Million Dollar Man / SS 6 Player
Month/Year: October 1978
Production: 10,320
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Arlington/76013/2905020

Too bad SMDM is not something I want. My niece lives about a mile from this estate sale. It looks in nice condition.

#21247 2 years ago

That was fast. Gone.

#21262 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Is its still there, or did it change locations?

The ad says it is in Gretna Louisiana. Gretna is about 6 miles from New Orleans. I lived in Gretna for a few months. It sits at sea level. Dig in your back yard with a spoon and you hit water.

I think Hurricane Ida passed near Gretna. It may be a boat by now.

https://www.gretnala.com/hurricane-ida-update-8-28-2021-830-pm/

#21272 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's what happens when there is an increase in demand and we're scraping the bottom of the barrel for project games.

Someone in Wichita posted a Stern Wild Fyre on Facebook Marketplace for $200.00. My cousin said he would buy it and was told he was #8 in line. It was too nice of a Wild Fyre to part out, but it is a Wild Fyre and is not valued at very much and is worth more as source of parts.

#21282 2 years ago

Dr Dude project just picked up from an operator.
Game boots and plays. Big shot is missing the top half (may be in the cabinet)
Playfield is belt sanded, aka has serious wear (since some people in the for sale thread were bewildered by the slang)
Decals are beautiful, unfaded. Playfield swap would make this game fantastic.
Pics for those interested.
Asking 1800 obo
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Careful there. You will be getting tagged as flipper.

#21283 2 years ago

Playfield is belt sanded, aka has serious wear (since some people in the for sale thread were bewildered by the slang)

This play field is where my OP friend and myself have differing ideas about play fields. I see worn to the wood and want pretty. He sees dollars. He would say that game got played a lot and made a lot of money. And then he would shop it and put it back on route.

#21286 2 years ago

That is one I played and kept on going. Not bad but not great.

#21309 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I understand that some people just want the new thing, or that they don't have the motivation to work on project games but I'm glad I don't need the newest and that I can see value where others see trash.

Some people are great pinball players but have no idea what a screwdriver is (which is no crime ). They depend on Stern, and the other mfrs. and the kindness of friends, to keep their pins going. I feel very fortunate ( maybe even blessed ) that I have always been good with my hands.

It is no different than a great guitarist who sends his guitars to his favorite luthier for repair. And the luthier makes great repairs in broken wood but could not rake out a chord if his life depended on it.

#21312 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

And one could argue that a fully working EM can be more robust than a modern Stern. So there's that

I have not had good luck with EMs. There are lot of things I need to see done at least once. EMs fit that category for me. I need to take a semester of EM maintenance and repair of relays.

But my cousin figured Ems out on his own and has a nice collection of wedge heads. There are no transistors to go bad. No diodes to go bad and make your pull out your hair...

I just put 2 Alltek lamps boards in the mail for wty. repair. Both have fried traces.

It a lots of ways, EMs rule.
================

Oh yeah, youtube has been a great help on demystifying how to take something apart. The only trouble with fixit Joe's fixit vid is that he always manages to leave out one step, such as not talking about that screw that is buried in the dark but has to come out to complete the disassembly.

#21319 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

With EM's I'm more of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" person Has worked well so far. It takes me a bit more than 20-30 minutes to get a game going, but I get there eventually. EM's tick another part of my brain that SS games don't. Reading (or attempting to lol) the schematics, and understanding the actual logic behind how an EM works is something that SS or newer games can't do for me and is very satisfying.
Said pinhead does what I usually do outside of a full shop job. Usually score reels and any stepper units (usually anything with a coil) gets cleaned and resleeved and they're pretty solid after that.

My OP friend has nothing kind to say about 4-player EMs.

I have seen him get a broken SS Elektra and a broken SS Vector up an running. If something is not working he knows exactly where to look.

#21339 2 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

carbondale.craigslist.org link

some one get this. It is a Meteor play field with the drop targets still there.

#21355 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Chicago Coin Kicker (1966) $125. Downingtown, PA. Looks like a legit project. philadelphia.craigslist.org link

26 minutes later...GONE !

#21365 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Was up for 19 hours before I found it! Wonder if someone here got it or I was just the last one to see it while someone else was paying for it.

I figure Craigslist pinball sales owes its existence to pinside.

#21367 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Alvin G. Pistol Poker is like that. Only 200 made, but they come up for sale every 2-3 months. They never finished the code for the game, so it’ll lock a ball during game play but never release it or some problem similar to that. Looks really cool, but not fun to play long term.

I have a friend who bought a Pistol Poker. I have played it twice. It does not resonate with me. It works OK with no errors but not fun to play.

What you call that? RFAR? Rare for a reason.

2 weeks later
#21474 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The Stars is pretty trashed, but there are a few good parts in there. Drop mechs, lockdown bar, etc.

The cab looks OK. It might need a new floor. I'm doing a new floor in my Nine Ball cab right now.

The back box needs some work. New side moldings are easy to redo.

Needs a lamp board. It would not be hard to make a new one with the old one to use as a template.

Coin door looks good.

Lock bar looks like it is complete.

Hard to say about the play field. Get a repro.

Get a repro back glass.

I'd be all over it for $225.00.

#21498 2 years ago

EDIT: Wrong thread

#21523 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Weird - must be something about my browser

Have you picked up a computer virus? I just managed to get rid of "Search Marquis" the other day.

1 week later
#21553 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - FRI 10/15 - SAT 10/16
Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Flight 2000 / SS Widebody
Year: October 1980
Production: 6,301
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/OK/Stillwater/74075/3002001

I'm out of room but Stillwater is driving distance.

#21555 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

And you can stop at Cactus Jacks in OKC as long as you’re in the area and play some pinball!

CJs is another 60 miles down the road.

I called and left a message. If they call back maybe something can happen. If they don't call, then I will stay home. 130 miles is too far to drive in blind ambition.

#21564 2 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

going to see if this is still around on Friday...it would be a crime not to

The estate seller never called me back. I hope your trip goes well.

#21585 2 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

MIssed this one. but that's ok. No doubt will be on Craigslist soon enough at $3k "shopped" later this morning...the good news is that Costco was not that busy earlier

Any idea for how much it sold for?

And I take you you do not live Michigan anymore?

1 week later
#21646 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Just posted a project - two Cleopatra machines. I think you could make a decent player machine out of the two. [quoted image]

From what you are showing in the pic, you might be able to get them both going.

#21652 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I’m getting to a point where I am beginning to think about what kind of mess I’m going to leave my kids. They aren’t interested in pinball, so I think most of the pinball stuff may end up in a dumpster.

Sounds like you need to start unloading at the swap meets. While you are still around to do so

#21655 2 years ago

Get with a good local pinball buddy and designate him/her to handle all your pinball affairs in your death. I’ve discussed this with local buddies, in case of my untimely demise, my rare games and various projects better not get tossed!!!

I'm more worried about the sharks that will swim in and try to clean my girlfriend out with 100s of dollars where 1000s are warranted. I need to make her a price list.

#21668 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone interested in a Flight 2000 project game? I probably won't have time to mess with it, so I thought I'd throw it up and see if there was any interest. I posted a pricing help thread and the consensus was $600 if I wanted to start a bidding war and have people falling all over themselves for it and up to $1200 if I wanted to sit on it and wait for someone that really wanted one.
I'm thinking $900 sounds fair based on what has sold recently. Here is the pricing thread. I'll obviously donate if it sells.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pricing-help#post-6532793

That large Drop Target assembly makes this pin Nine Ball bait.

2 weeks later
#21774 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Wish I had FB, one of the few EM I'd still like to get.

From the book Sales and Marketing 101.

I messaged the guy with this Gator that is for sale. For 4 weeks now.

You can see my question in the blue.

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 6.49.58 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-19 at 6.49.58 AM (resized).png

And his reply.

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 6.49.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-19 at 6.49.36 AM (resized).png

And the correct response for an answer like this is F.O.

#21776 2 years ago

Bounty Hunter
Gottlieb
$450.00
Wichita KS

( Sorry. I do not know how to link a FB page without all of this trash text.)

Anyway, from looking at the little map, it looks like the guy who is selling this Bounty Hunter lives within 2 miles from me.

Bounty Hunter was one of the pins in that warehouse clean out last winter that my OP friend is bringing back to life. This is a different BH.

And I got to play Bounty Hunter at the Denver Pinball Showdown last month. Not a bad playing pin. It is not on my wishlist.

If anybody needs some help on this one, let me know. It is not far from me.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/871089710176197/

#21778 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

You can safely remove all the junk after the item/#### part:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/871089710176197/

Thank you.

#21780 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Just go grab it!!!

Already sale pending. If things change seller will let me know.

#21782 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Agreed.
I left FB more than a decade ago, not going back for any reason.

I sent you a PM asking for your phone number. Did you see it?

#21816 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ad already deleted. I guess someone wanted it bad enough. More power to them.

They probably bought the guy's lie that he walked a $500.00 offer.

After all I have seen in the last few months, people will believe anything. Even if not true.

3 weeks later
#21926 2 years ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Stern Stingray
$100
Berwick, ME
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/763186548411909/
I can’t believe I’m not going for this.

54 miles away. I would already be on the road.

#21936 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

If they could have gotten away with it, they'd have had her nekkid!

I like the way the artist drew the bikini bottom slanted up on her backside to hide that butt cheek.

2 weeks later
#22004 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

They only want $375 for it.

Boy, John, you sure know how to twist the knife

#22011 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Not quite understanding the custom cab side artwork.

Don't over think it.

Just kids having a good time with the old pin in the corner of the basement. Looks like they enjoyed pinball enough to promote playing pinball to their friends. It is all positive messaging.

" Wanna play !!"

" It's Easy. "

" You can do it"

I'm guessing it is this is the time in life where the old pin was worth $5.00.

You don't even need any Pinball Pimp stencils to mark and mask this one off. Get your tape and your ruler and $40.00 worth of spray can paint and you can make it look like new again.

As fas as project pins go, it does not get much easier. It is not like anyone turned it into a coffee table.

4 months later
#23115 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

BGResto is doing them, I have one

Do you still have your original Circus back glass?

#23126 1 year ago
Quoted from edward472:

Stern Catacomb
Blackout
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1515859252011820/permalink/3135656700032059/
One if my clients just bought a couple of buildings. One of the buildings used to be the bowling alley in Union Bridge MD. address is 2 west Broadway. Apparently there are several old pins, pool tables and a whole lot more that they were just going to throw out. If anyone is interested in this stuff, I highly reccomend going there and asking for Edgar. He'll be there all day.

The link is being managed and I cannot get in for a look. I'd be all over the Catacomb, especially one that is trashed. The trashier the better. But too far away.

#23131 1 year ago
Quoted from edward472:

Trashed enough for ya?
[quoted image]

Quoted from gdonovan:

I'd give it a shot at saving.

Quoted from edward472:

Same here if I was closer

As long as the bottom of the cab was not a water damaged boat, I'd take it.

Even if the cab was water damaged, I'd make cabinet and transfer all of the parts.

It looks like the biggest challenge will be salvaging the lamp board with the Bagatelle graphics.

Send it to me. If it is free I would pay the shipping to get it here. Shrink wrap the backbox to the cab just as it is sitting and I'll call Michelle at STI. I"m serious as a heart attack.

Can I call dibs ?

#23135 1 year ago
Quoted from HHaase:

That's the Spirit! This is the "Project Pins" thread after all.
Heck, just call John and have a whole new cabinet shipped your way if the cabinet is in that bad condition.
If the bagatelle is in good enough shape for an artwork sample, maybe Outside Edge would be interested in doing a mini-hardtop for it. They already do the main playfield.
-Hans

Quoted from bluespin:

No! I’m already talking to the seller.

Amazing how a POS pin draws flies. 3 years ago it would have been looked at as firewood

#23144 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

No! I’m already talking to the seller.

(I just now saw this post). You are looking for hoarder bait I'll fix it up and make it play again

#23151 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The bagatelle board is snapped in half, playfield worn to wood, and the seller has two other people interested so it became an auction and I passed. The floor of the building is collapsing, so Beltman isn't going to pick this up.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the update. The only real challenge is the bagatelle board. The back box just needs a bottom. The cab needs restored. Repro back glasses can be bought. Plastics can be bought. And I have a CPR repro play field.

I have located a piece of trash Catacomb a couple hundred miles away. It needs a back glass, a cabinet restore, and a play field. It plays and he wants $2500.00 for it. The one that is falling apart needs a bottom glued back on the back box and then a restoration.

Sorry for the interruption. I'll let you all get back to the chase.

#23158 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Any idea of what the price is now on catacomb?
They are incredibly hard to find, and it would certainly be a worthy project. I would take a chance if I were closer.
There is a nice one near me...for $7500

Just by looking at pinside for sale ads, $5,000.00 is tops and $4,000.00 seems to be the most common price. Most of the pins sold seem to either have play field issues or back glass issues. I have not seen any for sale with the CPR repro play field so have to idea what a fully restored unit would bring.

Catacomb does not have the cachet of Quicksilver, or Seawitch, or Nine Ball. Anybody can step up to a Seawitch, drop a coin, and in short order be playing good enough to keep feeding the machine. Not Catacomb.

Catacomb is tough pin to play and will empty your pocket in a heartbeat, so a lot of people do not like it. But once your playing skills are there and you get familiar with the pin, it is a great game. Excellent game for a home collection because you will never master it.

If you are wanting one to restore you have to buy it cheap or you will bury yourself. And there are not any cheap ones to buy.

#23174 1 year ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I’m looking for a Surf Champ or surfer to restore but looks like no backglass? 350+ is not a deal if I have to source that.

BG Resto has you covered for $300.00.

http://bgresto.com/?p=887

http://bgresto.com/?p=1039

#23284 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Gorgar and Safari for ???
Located in Freedom, NH
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1143916969796731/
"These machines are in great condition but do need some parts replaced. I have the original manuals and the parts to be replaced.
These will be in perfect working condition if someone that knows what they are doing repairs them. My handy father had planned on repairing them but unfortunately he passed away and we will not have a place to keep them. Probably something you would want to get a look at first.
Serious buyers only please. I cannot answer any other questions so please don’t ask. Your more than welcome to come by and check them out. Buyer is responsible to transport and price is negotiable."
Impossible to know how much this person wants, so could or could not end up being a good deal.
[quoted image]

Well, this person looks ot have an auction going on. Hh says his high offer, so far, is $1400.00 To me, these two titles are sources of parts. And there is no way I am paying up for something with a couple of pictures.

Quoted from the96stang:

This is the exact reason this is my least favorite thread on pinside. Posts like this drive the games sky high, and now they will be listed forever because the person thinks they have gold.
We are all looking, all the time, at all the same markets. This just creates unnecessary noise. And if I remember correctly, you only post games you ARENT interested in, but magicly forget to post the ones you are
Imo, end this thread. Rant over. ✌️

This is not a carugment. At a car site I used to spend time on, the site's founder and webmaster, had a policy of us not posting Ebay auctions because it might drive the price up for the guy who is diligently watching the auction. And competition was stiff for several parts for this particular car. I understand someone not wanting a particular sale broadcasted.

But let's cut to the chase: We are all looking for the swinging deal from an ignorant seller who has priced his sale too low. We all want that sale that that will allow us to buy a pin for below market rates. Or we all want that rare pin that is not priced like the rare pin that it is.

If the seller is an educated seller, he will be priced to the market. There is no swinging deal. And nothing to chase. And if he is overpriced, we talk about that "greedy seller".

Someone posted a very rare pin on pinside one day. Only 302 units of this pin were produced. Several of us jumped on this. The pin was rare, desirable , and underpriced. I did not get the pin. It was on Craigslist in California. I don't know who got it. But if someone here had not posted the link, I would not have even known about it; But I had a chance I would not have otherwise had.

Here is another one: I put a pin up for sale on CL. I was overpriced by about $200.00. I said I was overpriced. And I said what I had done to the pin and why it was priced as it was. It took me two months before my buyer came along. The only action I got on that for sale ad was the scammers wanting to have their people come buy with a cashiers check and leave with the pin.

Another one: I was looking for a particular pin. I had been looking for awhile. And then I stopped looking. And then one day I opened up CL and down in Oklahoma City was the pin I had been looking for; The for sale ad had been up for 19 days. If that same pin was to hit Craigslist today, unless it was grossly overpriced, it would be sold in 30 minutes to some local OK City guy.

And the last one: About 4 years ago I was at CL and saw a Gottlieb Joker Poker for sale. And I took a closer look. Yes, it was Joker Poker. But instead of the early SS JP with 9,280 units produced, this was an EM JP with only 820 units produced. The seller had it priced for $300.00. I could have made a killing.

But I am bought up. I do not have room for this pin. It is rare. It is a hot title, but I am not in the market. I sent the CL seller a CL email. I said, "you are way underpriced on this pin. You can ask more. Seller was sitting in front of his computer and got right back to me. He was needing money badly. I told him he could probably get $2000.00 for an EM JP. He raised his price. He got back with me and said he took a $1,000.00 because he really needed the money.

So, yeah, sure, I made someone pay $700.00 more for a rare pin. But I am not sorry. I helped a kid out who sounded like he was flat broke and really needed the money. Sorry for the buyer who had to step up with an extra $700.00, but I would do it again. And the buyer still got a deal, but not as good as he would have gotten if I had not come around.

And if I had been interested in the machine? I would have probably kept my mouth shut and told the seller I can be there in 3 hours with the $300.00. I have a black heart.

As buyers, we love "divorce forces sale" ads, we love sellers "whose health has gone bad and he needs to raise cash". As sellers, we want all we can get. Yeah, yeah, I get you passed it off to a friend for even money. But, by and large, we want every dollar we can scrape when we are selling.

No one here is "holier than thou".

Quoted from MaxAsh:

I actually understand the96stang 's frustration here. And you actually sort of proved his point a bit with your comment here. Think about this for a second. You only post things that are not near you, and that you don't want. Why do you do that? Because you don't want to tell everyone about a deal you found that you want, right? Makes sense. Now think about that from the perspective of somebody who wants a game and sees it posted on someplace like Facebook. They get excited, maybe they're first in line because they saw it right away, and then someone goes and posts it here because they don't want it, so why not tell the world about it, right? Well, then suddenly a lot more eyes can be on it, and a feeding frenzy can occur. Price gets driven up frequently, and that person who saw the deal first maybe loses out. I have personally had this happen multiple times.
I find it highly unlikely that any pinball machine posted clearly on a place like Craigslist or Facebook isn't spotted right away by many of us in the hobby at this point. Broadcasting games you don't want in a place like this only causes more people to pile on a potential deal, potentially ruining the deal itself. You can say you're just trying to help people in the hobby pick up a pinball machine, but the hypocritical nature of it is apparent when you only post things you don't want.
If you see a great deal near you, and you hurry off to get it without telling anyone, are you thrilled when you see it posted in a place like this? Of course not. You're hoping no one else sees it, and that no one posts it here before you can grab it. I'll call anyone that says otherwise a liar in a heartbeat. So why do it to other people? That's the part that doesn't really make any sense to me. You wouldn't want it done to you, so why would you do it to others?
It would make a lot more sense if stuff posted here were things that might not have been noticed. Games poorly listed so not many eyes are on it, or deals that have been sitting for a while because they were obscure in their posting. Games buried in some estate sale maybe.
It is eternally frustrating when I'm driving off to pick up a deal near me, then I see it posted on this thread while I'm on the way, and arrive to find out a couple dozen new people are messaging the seller, jacking up the price, or telling them not to let me buy it as cheaply as it was listed. Can that happen without it being posted here? Of course! But does this help avoid that? Definitely not.
I appreciate the level of work that goes into finding deals, because I put the effort in just like many of us do. I think what the deal hunter / posters lose sight of is how posting those deals in a place like this affects both the market, and the ability for local buyers to pick it up. Yes, maybe a Pinsider will say hey, thanks for posting that, I grabbed it. But how many other Pinsiders or hobbyists were already trying to get the deal/game, worked hard to watch for deals too, but lost out because it got posted here?
I am definitely an example of one. Every time I spot a deal, I feel like I'm racing against this thread every time. I come check it as I try to work on securing the game, and I dread every time it gets posted here. After multiple experiences with this thread causing me to either pay more, or lose the game altogether, I cross my fingers and hope local guys like HydrogenHuman don't post the game before I can get it. It's a crappy feeling, having to worry about a Pinside post screwing up a pickup for me, but it's become a frequent concern. And I know I'm not the only one, plenty of people complain about it. It's been discussed in local threads, and a good number of people prefer to keep those kinds of posts to a minimum, or out altogether.
Put simply, if you're not willing to post a deal you want, why post a deal that will hurt somebody else's chances of getting the game? I would be shocked to find out that any of the games or deals posted here haven't already been seen by at least a few people who want it in that area. Not a single game HydrogenHuman posted in this thread was one I hadn't already seen when he posted it, from my recollection. I'm only mentioning him because he's the local guy (to me) that seems to be doing that a lot over the past year or so. Broadcasting it really is just feels like it's about flexing deal hunting and posting quickly skills, more than anything else. But that's just my two cents. It is a free country and free forum to post on. I for one wish that people didn't do that though, and have lost out on something I wanted several times because of it. That's why I don't post about any games. I know people will see them, so if I don't want them, I let the other hard working hunters find and grab them. I don't want people to feel the way I do when this kind of thread drives up prices, and pulls games away from someone that worked hard to find it, or be first in line for it.
I appreciate those of you that think this is altruistic, and you're just trying to help. If you're not just doing it to show off your deal finding skills, or race to be the first one to post a deal, then maybe you really do think you have the best interests of others in mind. Maybe you're just looking out for the people that can't, or don't know how to, put in the effort to find games and deals. I can see that angle. And I'm sure some of those people appreciate it.
That being said, perhaps this gives you a little different perspective on what your posts can do, or how they can also be detrimental. You might just be hurting as many or more than you're helping, if you view it all from a different angle. I'm not raging at anyone, just providing a perspective. Although I admit sometimes I do want to comically strangle Mr Hydrogen like Homer strangles Bart when he posts a game I'm already trying to snag.

Same as above. You are looking for the great deal which means , more than likely, it selling for below market price.

1 week later
#23363 1 year ago

Keep in mind that this is the same project Bad Girls that was sold for less than $500 less than a year ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/115707

You felt the need to start this argument on the project thread

Looks to me like the argument started here. On this thread. With the top link.
===================================================

Couple of things:

What anything sold for last year is not relevant. If the seller is trying to sell something he got for free on his birthday, it is not relevant. The prospect that a particular pin sold for $300.00 five years ago or thirty years ago is not relevant. The current market is the only thing relevant.
==========

OBO: If you don't like the price, make an offer. This is key. If you don't like the price, make an offer. The seller indicated OBO. Make an offer. Seller can say "yes" or he can say "no".

If you don't like the pictures, ask for more pics.

This one is obviously a project that needs some work ( IMO, it needs lots of work ) so anyone who buys something like this needs to have his eyes open going in.
==========

2-3 years ago, you had Stern parts I would have liked to have had. You were wanting more than I wanted to pay. So, no deal. And no big deal. I did not think you were being greedy. We just could not make a deal. And in today's market for used Stern parts, you could probably get twice what you were asking when we traded PMs. And now, I am sorry I did not step up and pay your asking price.

Hey. There is a pin within a 7 hour round trip for me. It is a blown out POS. I'd like to have it for $1000.00 or less. The owner has indicated he is looking for $2500.00. He has had it for years, and probably, because it is the POS that it is, he probably got for for $50.00. If I worked it, I might be able to spirt it away for $2000.00. But I am at $1000.00 and no more. I know he won't take $1000.00, and in this market, if he was actively trying to sell he can probably get his $2500.00. So, no sale. But the owner is not being greedy. He is looking at what the market will bear. It is the American way.

If you like it, buy it.

If you don't like the price, make an offer.

If your offer is declined, bump your offer up.

If your bump is declined, move on. It was not meant to be.

#23367 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A surprisingly fun game with horrid art.

My OP friend has one of those with no head/back box. I see BG Resto makes the back glass. It could be brought back to life with the back box with the scoring parts inside.

#23375 1 year ago
Quoted from Dono:

Could be, but if it had a mouse home inside it... my guess is that it has its fair share of corrosion/rusty components inside... just saying these typically require LOT of work to get right. OP knows his stuff/doesn't sugar coat for-sale descriptions.

To be clear, I am talking about a different OP and a different machine.

#23377 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

Many thanks to Turkishdisko for posting this. I was the third caller but got lucky and was able to nab it. Woke up at 4am this morning to make the 8-hour RT to get it. Very friendly family who inherited the game when they moved in to a house back in 1985 and never got it running. Check out its neighbors in its natural habitat! Should clean up nice—looking forward to saving this beauty. Thanks to the folks who post games here; just wanted to share a happy ending with y’all.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from jrpinball:

Great nab! I'd have been in panic mode to try to get it if it was out my way.

Nice save. Only 600 produced. BG Resto makes the back glass.

#23387 1 year ago
Quoted from justincasekazoo:

Two flipperless games, Ballyhoo and Rio.
Pedricktown, NJ (just southwest of Philadelphia)
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/750269739301158
I know flipperless are not all that desirable, but it sounded like this guy may consider throwing them in the dumpster. I thought they were in too nice of shape for that. I was there picking up the Hawaiian Beauty (of which there's still a photo in the listing, so ignore that. Sorry!!)
His original asking price was $600 apiece, but never mind that. He told me he wants them gone, but wanted them to go to somebody who will appreciate them, not just a picker. See if he'll take $100.
(It's a lady named Michele who listed them, but they belong to a man named John.)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Bally Hoo is a sexy looking play field.

1 week later
#23459 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

1978 Sonic - Cherry Bell
Pretty rare title and it looks to be in good shape (that coin door looks like new)
Burbank, CA
$500/OBO
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5695525840476239/
[quoted image]

The cabinet looks solid.

3 weeks later
#23499 1 year ago

The last Chicago Coin pinball machine. Also recognized as Stern Stampede.

BG Resto makes the kick ass back glass. Can you say Dolly Parton ?

http://bgresto.com/?p=3158

#23508 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Long Island? Sounds eerily similar to this one in Massachusetts. [quoted image]

It might be the same one. The pinside seller says he is selling for a friend.

1 week later
#23530 1 year ago

I have joined 2-3 Facebook groups for pin stuff. Big Valley is not in the groups I have joined. I cant keep up with this stuff.

#23544 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Eight Ball
Bally SS
$500
Pinsider mbelofsky
Newburgh, IN
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139555
Me: Lots of new parts. Great candidate for a hardtop.

As my playing skills have improved the last few years and I can now at least put up a half way decent fight with Eight Ball, I would like to have one. EB is a tough pin to play and I did not like it back then.

This distance on this kills it for me.

#23551 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:

I guarentee that machine is in worse shape than the few lousy pics show. And that price is way high.

How do you know this machine, please? The FB ad shows it is in Illinois. You show you live in York PA.

How "way high" is the price?

Is it worth an offer? You have seen it?

#23556 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:

I guarentee that machine is in worse shape than the few lousy pics show. And that price is way high.

Quoted from cottonm4:

How do you know this machine, please? The FB ad shows it is in Illinois. You show you live in York PA.
How "way high" is the price?
Is it worth an offer? You have seen it?

Quoted from Skidave:

My gripe is...like many other for sale ads on various sites...not enough photos and real descriptions. I get it, the owner might not know the lingo, but photos are the truth. Not enough photos and it is better to be honest and list what's wrong (again maybe perfect in this case). Seeing the wear around the flippers leads me to believe the rest is rough and therefore priced high.

Quoted from Garrett:

It is priced high for the current state of the machine. There appears to be some playfield paint loss in a few areas, the zipper flippers do not appear to be working properly, the rubbers are old and the spot in the playfield between the flippers is an issue. The cabinet and BG appear to be in very good shape.
If you have the skills to correct what appear to be minor cosmetic problems as well as going through all the mechanical components, it should clean up pretty nice.
It is overpriced as it sits.

I am aware of marketing a pin with just a bare minimum of long distance pics. A friend of mine got snookered in such a scenario.

Other than saying the machine is working as it should be working, the seller has not made any other claims. This is the point where if I was interested in this pin, I would contact the seller and ask some questions about the condition, more pics, etc.

I am reasonably certain this pin is not super hot and a prospect would have time to try and bargain the seller. But there are those pins where if you want them you just say, " I am your buyer. Consider it sold." I have played this game both ways.

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.02.38 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.02.38 PM (resized).jpg

The rubbers are old. So what? A few dollars and 30 minutes and you will have brand new rubbers.

And there is wear on the play field. It is a 50 year old machine. Were you expecting perfection?

I see some paint wear above the flippers at the 3 rollover buttons. And there is some of the paint (?) missing at the right flipper ( that looks like it needs adjusted).

Looks to be in pretty good shape to me.

You say the price is way too high. How much too high? Are you a buyer prospect? Do you have an offer in mind? Make him an offer. He does not say "Firm" in his ad.

#23559 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I have a 4MBC and it’s a family favorite. It’s a keeper for us. I had a spare playfield so I just sent it out to have it professionally restored so that I could swap it into my game.

I got to play one at TPF several years ago. That skill shot is second to none.

1 week later
#23612 1 year ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I won an auction I found off this link. Thanks!!
Now I need to find a way to snag the Target Alpha head and the KOD project I won on Thursday in a tight window.
Auction conditions say I must pick up in Upper Black Eddy, PA on Thursday 8/11 between 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm (500 miles away)
I'm 500 miles away and going to a concert the night prior. Going to be a long day if I can't find some help.

Sounds like is going to be a long day

#23625 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

The game doesnt do much for me but I have a backglass im going to backlight and frame as a wallhanger. Very cool art IMO

Bring it on over. We’ll crank up the table saw and make a frame suitable for hanging.

1 month later
#23771 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

That will last a few minutes.

I'd be all over that if it was here and not there.

#23778 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

BALLY PARAGON PINBALL MACHINE
$175
Listed 9 hours ago in San Bernardino, CA
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1014891979259531/

Quoted from tomdrum:

That will last a few minutes.

This $175.00 Paragon is still up for sale. Perhaps the seller has not changed his ad, but I wish I was closer.

3 weeks later
#23822 1 year ago

Now listed on pinside for only 2 grand more by a total scumbag with zero pinball knowledge who blatantly says he bought it to sell. Comes original with dry-rotted cracked rubbers and blown out playfield.
https://www.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-city-slicker-9
Note: I own City Slicker... it’s about as fun as Ro Go.

I have never played a Ro Go. But I played a City Slicker at TPF several years ago. I was not impressed. I cannot remember if I played a 2nd game.

with zero pinball knowledge who blatantly says he bought it to sell.

At least he is honest about it. After he sits on it for awhile, he will find out he is not cutting the fat hog he thinks he is cutting.

About a year ago, a sort of local guy put up a Bally Black Belt for something like $2500-$3000. No back glass. After the ad stayed on Craigslist for awhile, an acquaintance picked it up for $600.00.

1 week later
#23855 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I had a globetrotters for awhile. Fast gameplay but really weak sound. Seems like a game that would benefit tremendously from a sound board upgrade

Lots of Bally’s were weak in the sound department

3 weeks later
#23890 1 year ago
Quoted from HOLT45:

Gauging interest in a Stern Stars.
Solid State Stern Stars.
Complete game. Has a burnt transistor on a board, but comes with a working replacement board. Have not turned on the machine or gone through it.
Will be getting the machine in a week or two. Hoping to get close to $1700, but make me an offer.

Careful. You will be tagged as a flipper

#23904 1 year ago

Add-a-ball version of Abracadabra.

#23915 1 year ago
Quoted from interconnect:

I don’t see one named that. Is it “EM Arcade & Pinball”?

Glad I am not the only one who considers Facebook a chore to navigate.

2 weeks later
#23956 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Not a project, but too cool and too rare to not share - you don't see this one come up very often. '83 Williams Joust, $12K in Fort Collins, CO area. 14 pictures at the link:
fortcollins.craigslist.org link
OP: Rare head-to-head two player 1983 Williams Joust pinball (only 402 made). Original playfield with some touch-ups on P2 side, with mylars. A couple of repairs to the cabinet Formica on coin door side. Some plastics are broken (full replacement set included, see below). Fully working, recently shopped, routinely waxed, plays great.
Includes:
* Uninstalled NIB Mirco replacement playfield + new mounting brackets ($1300 value)
* Uninstalled NIB CPR complete replacement plastics set ($300 value)
* AnyPIN ROM
* Full replacement new flipper frames/coils/shafts/bats (x4)
* Full replacement new drop targets + stickers (x16)
* All Comet LEDs
* New bands
* New speakers
* New power cord
* New glass
* Original manual
As noted, the price includes $1600 of new playfield + plastics. Available for local pickup, cannot ship. Open bed or van recommended-- Joust is taller than a regular folded-up pin.

I think I played this Joust at the 2021 Denver Showdown. Neat game but those lockdown bars kill the palms of your hands.

#23968 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Home Depot's finest.
Really can't be good for that wood floor...
I'm guessing slide saves are against house rules.

I'm impressed. Someone made the old girl to work again without spending a fortune to play an old worn out pin.

1 month later
#24081 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

You say potatoe, I say potato.

No. It is you say po-tay-to. I say po-tah-to.

#24111 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Probably. I opted not to go, even though I'd love to remake this machine if I had the playfield.

Quoted from sparky672:

I doubt it. One photo of the back shows a thick coating of fuzzy dust.
[quoted image]

Quoted from bluespin:

That doesn’t look like dust, it looks like swelling from moisture. Many of the manufacturers used mdf or particle board for the back of the head to save money as these boards don’t need to support any weight like the rest of the cabinet that is made of cabinet grade plywood. These materials swell when exposed to moisture.

Quoted from sparky672:

I've seen plenty of moisture damaged MDF. This one looks like dust to me. (same color "dust" on the power cord)
But whatever it is, it's been smudged...
[quoted image]
The machine is rough, but the playfield and cabinet colors seem too vibrant for something left exposed to UV damage, among other things. Just my opinion as compared to the one last week that disintegrated from being outside.

Quoted from sparky672:

I've seen plenty of moisture damaged MDF. This one looks like dust to me. (same color "dust" on the power cord)
But whatever it is, it's been smudged...
[quoted image]
The machine is rough, but the playfield and cabinet colors seem too vibrant for something left exposed to UV damage, among other things. Just my opinion as compared to the one last week that disintegrated from being outside.

If it was a pin I wanted I'd go for it. The back glass seems to look real good. The MDF in the back of the back box can be replaced easily enough. I have taken to removing the MDF from my restores and replacing with a nice piece of ply wood. But this one looks like dust to me.

1 week later
#24165 1 year ago
Quoted from sparky672:Very true. When dealing with normal & honest people, sending an immediate deposit might help; which would be considered a binding contract.
Whenever I sell on FB Marketplace, 90% of the inquiries are total flakes and no-shows. Sometimes I get lucky and someone will send a deposit so I will hold for them.

I located a Meteor in Ft. Worth on craigslist. It as marked as pending sale. I made contact with seller and said I was a buyer at her price if things changed. Things changed. The seller contacted me and said she was trying to go in order of first come first served. But she said she was having to deal with flakes and no-shows. She was not in a mood to bargain. Fortunately, she lived 10 miles from my Sister-in-law who I asked to make the drive and pay for the pin. I headed south the next day.

I also have offered to make deposits and was turned down. But none of my sellers were going to ship. They were cash on glass. Lot of miles.

#24186 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Estate sale Wichita KS.
Stern/Chicago Coin "Pinball" parts/cabinet and motor cycle novelty game.
https://www.estatesales.net/KS/Wichita/67209/3517458

Thank you vec-tor. I'll be checking this out tomorrow morning.

#24188 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Now you’ll have some company Craig.

I'm trying to get my pinside "dibs" stake in the ground before anybody else sees it

#24191 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

You’ll either get the project or be frustrated that you didn’t. I’ll be happy either way.

I'll be happy if I can get it cheap. Hopefully the estate seller does not know about pinside . If I get it the problem then becomes where am I going to put it . My little old house is full.

#24196 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I have you the heads up last night. You’ll either get the project or be frustrated that you didn’t. I’ll be happy either way.

Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

*omw to Wichita to claim my stake*

Quoted from cottonm4:

I'll be happy if I can get it cheap. Hopefully the estate seller does not know about pinside . If I get it the problem then becomes where am I going to put it . My little old house is full.

Quoted from Ballypin:

I'm sure the house will be for sale too so just buy it too and then you wont have to move the machine. Problem solved and more space for machines.

Here is the house where that cabinet is located. Check out the driveway. The driveway is bigger than my house and my front yard and my back yard combined . Lot of concrete. I have seen used car lots smaller than this driveway.

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 3.33.49 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-02-01 at 3.33.49 PM (resized).jpg

#24201 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I’m calling the estate salespeople tomorrow. This older guy is going to come in to buy your pinball machine. He doesn’t wear expensive clothes but that’s because he doesn’t want everyone to know that he’s rich. Price accordingly.

This is a 100% day 1, 20% off day 2, and 50% off day 3. I hope he is not too stiff on his day 1 price.

#24206 1 year ago

Fingers crossed. There doesn't appear to be much there lol

Day 1 price is more than I wanted to pay. It is an empty cab and back box. The only thing laying on the floor of the cab is a baseball bat. Displays are gone. All inserts have been knocked from the play field. No coin door. No back glass.

I made a bid that is a little bit less then the day 3 50% off price. We shall see.

#24214 1 year ago

It looks like it may have been prepped for restoration and the owner passed away.
Perhaps they will find the inserts somewhere else and don’t know what they’re used for?
What other reason would a machine be stripped in such a manner?

Quoted from bluespin:

The playfield parts, displays, etc are probably in the garage in a large box.

For this sale, the owner is still living and the estate seller started the pin at a price that the owner set.

Pin was in small shed behind the house. Along with the motorcycle arcade. I looked for the parts in the garage and saw nothing. I'll be going back and assuming a lot of stuff will be sold and out of the way, maybe a box of parts will show up.

#24229 1 year ago

It looks like it may have been prepped for restoration and the owner passed away.
Perhaps they will find the inserts somewhere else and don’t know what they’re used for?
What other reason would a machine be stripped in such a manner?

Quoted from bluespin:

The playfield parts, displays, etc are probably in the garage in a large box.

I know it’s a fool’s errand, but perhaps you can try asking the owner? Maybe even stopping by after the estate sale.

This pinball cabinet is now in my car and in my driveway. Truth be told, I don't think had any competition for this cabinet and perhaps I could have waited and charge them money for just hauling it off. But my crystal ball is never at 100%. I was going to go over today at the 50% off price day but a pinside friend called and said to go over about 1/2 before closing yesterday and offer the 50% off price then. The estate seller took the 50% deal and I brought it home yesterday.

It seems like the first estate seller I talked to about the price lied to me. When I asked the 2nd seller if there were any parts laying around anywhere I was informed the owner had died and the widow knew nothing about any parts.

All displays, back glass, wiring, transformer, and coin door were gone. All inserts had been knocked out of the play field. I got the cab, lockdown bar & receiver, the legs, and back box. The play field is in good condition and would clean up nicely---but to what end?

Inside the cab were:

1) All of the plastics.
2) All wire ball guides
3) The displays holders that attach to the lamp board.
4) The ball launch hardware.

The cab is in great shape. The back box had a lower rear corner that needs some work; Other than this, the cab and back box are of the sand, prime, and paint category.

I have driven farther, paid more money, and came home with less than this one. I'm happy.

#24244 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

KEEP IT ! This is the uber-rare widebody Bally home model version.

Looks like someone borrowed their real estate sales friend's special camera for making rooms look bigger than they really are

#24246 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Ha, that pic is from the real estate listing.

If that pin was rotated 90 degrees we would think we were looking at a Hercules.

#24301 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm debating whether or not I should make an offer. He is obviously WAYYYY overvaluing this game for its condition. What do you think would be a realistic offer?
Would it be worth making an offer at all?

I played an On Beam at Cactus Jack's in Oklahoma City. For 3 or 4 games and moved on.

I took a look at your collection. Save your gas money unless you are looking to flip.

#24319 1 year ago
Quoted from sparky672:

Private group. Cannot see this.

Same here. I have already joined 3 or 4 groups to see this stuff. I can't keep up with all of the groups.

1 week later
#24353 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Does anyone have a lead on a centaur II or a gottlieb knockout?

I thought Knockout was a Bally pin.

Elvis was a pinball fan. You could go raid Graceland. Knockout came to market in 1975. Elvis died in 1977. These two Knockouts have been sitting idle and showing off for 36 years.

http://www.crazyshenanigans.com/2015/08/graceland-racquetball-and-records.html

#24355 1 year ago

Man, with pinball searches, if you don't enter the name perfectly you get zilch for your search.

There is Knockout.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/knockout

And there is Knock Out

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/knock-out

#24372 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Better than Alien Poker imo. Fight me.

Much better. Stand up targets only. And an extra flipper. Fast.

1 week later
#24426 1 year ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Got it. Someone else got it and then didnt want it, to much of a project. It’s coming to my house now.

The back glass looks good. The play field looks good. Throw in some Weebly boards, put on some new rubber rings and you are rolling.

An 8 Ball sold here several months ago at an estate sale. On day 1 they were asking $2800.00 for it. With some play field wear. On day 2, there was a 20% discount which put it at $2240.00. I went out on day 3an it was gone on day 2 for $2240.00.

Nice score. It is a tough pin to play. Lots of fun.

#24436 1 year ago

I had a Space Gambler I bought as park of a package deal. The guy said it was working until he brought it up from the basement and said he could not get it working again. I could not figure it out.

It has some hard to find electronics parts and was beyond my capacity for working on. I got rid if it first chance.

#24442 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I hope the tenants have been evicted! A shame. I don't think I've ever seen or played one of those.

Only 825 produced.

1 month later
#24534 12 months ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Stern Big Game $450!
Madison, IN
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1350745172372841/?mibextid=6ojiHh

My tele-porter is broken. I'd love to have that.

#24536 12 months ago

And Big Game is sold. From its pictures, it looks like it had a nice play field.

#24562 11 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I messaged him the first few minutes it was posted, but he’s not responding to messages.

he is probably being flooded with interested parties

#24564 11 months ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Maybe assure them you will take it no matter the condition? Offering more sucks.

I'm guessing the seller knows nothing of pinside and is finding out how viscous pinball buyers can be. He will look that money and not realize how many flakes there are. He probably now has "this is an auction" in his mind.

1 week later
#24588 11 months ago
Quoted from johninc:

Seems suspect, but who knows. lasvegas.craigslist.org link

Laughlin NV. Did someone lose all their money on the slots?

1 week later
#24638 11 months ago

There are $200.00 worth of parts there. I'd be all over it.

#24683 10 months ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

They both look terrific. These glasses are not quite as translucent as a regular BG or translite, so you should install LEDs in the backbox GI circuit.

I have noticed this with my BG Resto back glasses. They do not seem to let as much light through.

#24702 10 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I’m wondering if anyone has used a stern em body to build a classic Stern ss pin like Quicksilver, Star Gazer, etc. I’ll post in the Stern Electronics Group.

Look at it this way: A standard size cabinet is a standard size cabinet. And they are made of wood. Take a Williams pin cabinet. Williams coin doors are smaller than the classic Stern coin doors so all you have to do is open up the coin door hole with a saber saw and you can fit in a Stern coin door and it will fit fine.

I think the EM Sterns use the same back box and back box mounting collar.

It would not take too much work to use it for a Quicksilver, I think.

#24705 10 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Eight Ball
Bally SS
$800 obo
Spokane, WA
Pinsider Aimsterdam
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-eight-ball-57
cottonm4 Craig, aren't you looking for this title?

If an Eight Ball fell into my lap I would not mind having one. But my pin chasing days are over. There is no more room at the Inn.

However, I will allow that I would load up for a chase for a Gottlieb TX-Sector. Other than that, I am done.

#24707 10 months ago

Steve has a pretty decent Eight Ball you can play whenever you want, and he installed the new code also. No need to own it.

He has a very nice Eight Ball. It is an ass kicker.

#24711 10 months ago

Pretty awful. I think my friend bought this pf almost exclusively for the rack of balls, which his original lacked. He got so incredibly upside down in this thing before throwing in the towel. The playfield I'm ultimately going to be working with is much nicer, thankfully. The two junker playfields just need stripped of all parts. This nasty one will go in the burn pile. The other one is presentable enough to hang on the wall.
Ultimately this is going to be a very long process for me but having $0 currently invested and effectively two+ games worth of parts, plus new plastics/glass, I feel like it's doable without TOO terribly much more money thrown at it. I hope...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That rack of balls is cool.

#24714 10 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Thanks for posting. picked up today.

That pin will make you a better player.

#24726 10 months ago

How many Facebook groups are you in? Every time I click on one of these FB links it tells me there is yet another group to join. Pass.

#24727 10 months ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Been staring at this Daffie for days and aside from the cool art and zipper flippers I can't convince myself this is a fun game. Any other opinions?

I just watched a crap video of this game on youtube. It does not look very exciting. Looks like a drain-o-matic down the outlanes.

1 week later
#24743 10 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Anybody want a Neptune project? I started on it but have kind of lost interest in working on this stuff.
No major hacks, complete with paperwork. Needs a backglass. Nice cabinet and pretty nice playfield. I'm going to start reassembling the playfield. Will need to be mechanically shopped out.
$1000 local pickup.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How many Hamm's Beer signs do you have on your wall? I always liked looking at those when my dad would drag me into some dive bar when he wanted a beer. It's unbelievable how much those bring on Ebay.

1 week later
#24766 10 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I have a Gottlieb Team One lower cabinet I need gone ASAP if anyone wants it——FREE—
[quoted image]

I wish you were closer. With minor mods a cab is a cab is a cab.

3 weeks later
#24886 9 months ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Man, this is close to me. Wish I didn't have so many projects going or I would be all over this one.

Quoted from A_Bord:

Man, wish this were close to me. Love this game.

Boy, talk about the great tease.

1 week later
#24920 8 months ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Game plan Sharpshooter
$10
Terre Haute, IN
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/297835336088791/?mibextid=6ojiHh

The buy of the century.

2 weeks later
#24945 8 months ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

I told her I would take it 13 mins into the post. She did respond back to me and said " Ive literally had over 50 people wanting to buy this. Im going to have to rethink this."
The post was changed to sold about an hr or so later. Dang it, another one slipped by.

You can bet she got some offers higher than the $200.00 she was asking.

#24953 8 months ago

With a flaky back glass and a delaminated play field, it sounds like donor bait.

#24962 8 months ago

Wow. Mousin is so good.

You have played dothedoo's haven't you.

#24964 8 months ago

I've not. I played the hardtopped one in KC at the 403 Club. It was a blast. I'd love to own one of those someday.
[quoted image]

I played one at TPF. And then I played dothedoo's. No comparison. He knows how to set them up.

2 weeks later
#25003 7 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Hurry, Free
Niles, IL
1974 Williams dealers choice pinball
Machine.
Needs to be reburbished or made into something Cool!
Fun and nostalgic but doesn’t work.
Pick it up and it’s yours!
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3701526543438652/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A5d930735-2a19-4786-b9fe-12e15267684b

Per the seller on his ad: " I have been taking so many calls that I am going with the highest bidder."

I got a hundred dollar bill, now 2, now 3, now 4, do I hear 5? I got 5, now 6. now 6? $550? 550? 550? SOLD for $500.

#25012 7 months ago
Quoted from York-4x4:

KISS, Back glass is Pristine!!!
newyork.craigslist.org link

CLICKBAIT !!!

2 weeks later
#25027 7 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

1971 William's Klondike in north Pittsburgh area:
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

$150.00 ! That's a steal !

1 week later
#25056 6 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Found a cabinet for a Williams Big Deal. Happy to sell and ship parts if anyone wants anything from it. Unfortunately the head was not there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I want to come over and measure the cab and see how it measures compared to the classic Stern cabs.

2 weeks later
#25082 6 months ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

Why did the blown out Mata Hari in North Little Rock AR disappear?

Do I get three guesses ?

#25093 6 months ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

This just posted in Sacramento California 8.27pm A Dolly Parton pinball machine for $250.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/702765548430906/?mibextid=6ojiHh

Sort of hard to see but the play field looks like it is in good condition.

1 week later
#25154 5 months ago
Quoted from Llyrion:

Lol I never trust the statement "shopped " so I just assumed it would actually have to be a project

It is in very good appearance condition for a project.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/281005351579056/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Screen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.58.40 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.58.40 AM (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.58.52 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.58.52 AM (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.59.14 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.59.14 AM (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.59.24 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.59.24 AM (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.59.38 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2023-11-04 at 7.59.38 AM (resized).jpg

1 week later
#25194 5 months ago

The writeup on that FF reads like it was an advertising agency that wrote it up. That is some slick writing.

#25195 5 months ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Haha[quoted image]

I wonder if Stern would sell just a completed head for it?

#25200 5 months ago

I think someone made a steal. I'm betting Stern would crank an extra head since Bond is still in production.

#25206 5 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I'm envisioning a headless chicken running around a farmyard....

I saw that headless chicken on my grandparents farm. I was 5 years old. You have not lived until you have seen this happen.

1 week later
#25229 5 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Pink tic tac toe pinball
Em
Located in Hurricane
https://m.facebook.com/groups/Pinball.for.Sale.Classifieds/permalink/2623361247828421/
Me: Hurry! This deal will move fast!

And yet, another Facebook group to join. I'm sure a pink tic tac toe pin will not sit for long. I just wanted to peek. But I can't keep up with Facebook.

#25233 5 months ago
Quoted from dstudeba:

I think this is the public link unless there are lots of machines in Hurricane, UT
OXO
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/304060512601857
$600

Thank you !

Quoted from dstudeba:

I joined the group for you. Here is indeed the public link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/304060512601857[quoted image]

Thank you !

Quoted from bluespin:

dstudeba You’re ruining my fun torturing pinsiders like my friend Craig.

My favorite iPhone emoji is not available on pinside's emojis.

#25273 5 months ago

A free Wizard. In your town. And you are not chasing?

#25276 5 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Says $250 now.

I see that.

My, how times change

2 weeks later
#25422 4 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who makes backbox lightboards? I've reunited a Genie cabinet with the head of a Solar Ride and obviously the lights on the inside lightboard are not going to match up to a Genie backglass.
TIA

I live 15 miles from you. I'm sure we can work something up.

Do you already have a lamp board that fits in the backbox (for size)?

#25423 4 months ago

Delusional! It's missing the metal airball deflector which is important when you get that thing dialed in.

Quoted from dung:

I messaged him with a link to pinsides spalsh page. Explained what was up, that I wasn't trying to buy it, but that he might do some research because the market is slow. His response was to belittle me and say I am wasting my time on something that isn't my problem. That he has best offer so he doesn't get lowballed. What a prick.

Looks like it sold for $2950.00

#25454 4 months ago

And yet, still another fucking Facebook pinball group to join. How many different pinball groups are on Facebook? You seem to be members of all of them.

#25469 4 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I do belong to a lot of Facebook groups, but if I post something that 1,000 miles from you, you have no room for it and it’s not a title your interested in ‍♂️
As always, your torture is my pleasure.

When I started chasing pins in 2015, I knew most of the open points on craigslist to get from one zone to the next. Looking for a particular pin? It did not take long to start my search in my backyard and soon fan out nationwide. In 20 minutes, you could go from coast to coast. It is how I found my Seawitch in South Carolina.

Once in awhile I look at Facebook Marketplace and see something that looks interesting so I click on it and FB tells me "this is far away from you". My attitude is, "Why do you (FB) care? I just want to get my eyes full."

#25477 4 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I once disposed of 12 pianos the students had painted and decorated.

Living proof that eventually everything winds up in the landfill.

#25493 4 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

8 pins for $11K, you must be rich
***How about 14 ems for $2K?***
https://www.facebook.com/groups/374370779354283/permalink/5702174743240500/?mibextid=W9rl1R
EM Pinball Lot For Sale.
Collected these over the years to one day learn how to repair them however I think I'm going to stick with solid state so would like to get rid of all of them to one buyer. $2k for the lot of 14 machines. $3.1k if you want the Capt Fantastic also.
All games complete and all include legs and bolts. All have backglasses.
1- Gottlieb Jungle
2-Williams Star Pool
3-Williams Aztec
4-Williams OXO
5-Bally Capt Fantastic, New CPR PF (screw through in 2 places), new BG
6-Williams Stardust
7-Gottlieb Hot Shot
8-Gottlieb Soccer
9-Gottlieb Pioneer
10-Bally Old Chicago
11-Bally Flip Flop
12-Bally El Toro
13- Williams Honey
14-Chicago Coin Gold Record
15-Williams Flying Saucer Rifle Game, 80% working
Link to pics
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1foxk7ChNR_pW3lGm5GoEYqz3EweAK43B
Bob
cottonm4 Theres a Flip Flop in this group. Do you already belong to this Facebook group?

Quoted from bluespin:

cottonm4 Theres a Flip Flop in this group. Do you already belong to this Facebook group?

No. I got to see all the pics so maybe I am a member. I would like to have a Flip Flop, but since it is an EM it has to be working. It would have to fall into my lap. I am not chasing anymore. My house is pin full. I have hit that brick wall where something has to leave before something else comes in. The only projects I would consider are the classic Sterns.

Thanks for thinking about me .

#25495 4 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If anyone gets this, I'm a buyer on the oxo

What about the El Toro

#25503 4 months ago
Quoted from pevo:

who actually spends this kinda cash on a pinball machine??[quoted image]

The Big Lebowski is a big bore to play---at any price. Eye candy all the way, but not the one you want to go home with.

2 months later
#25815 61 days ago

OK. Coffee table material

This is a Gottlieb Central Park my friend is wanting to move on out. He got it at an auction a couple of years ago.

For anybody who gets their hair on fire about pinball coffee tables, this pin would make a good coffee table. For someone really dedicated, it could be brought back if you like digging holes for yourself to crawl out of.

I am going to put up a pinside for sale ad but have no idea where to start it at price wise. I did not see a lockdown bar but the metal back for the back box is there.

It has a decent play field and the plastics look like they will clean up OK. Consider everything else as trash. Back glass is a flaky mess. The bell is there.

Is it worth anything as a restorable pin? Or is it coffee table material? If I can't get it gone I may make a coffee table out of it.

IMG_5095 (resized).jpgIMG_5095 (resized).jpgIMG_5091 (resized).jpgIMG_5091 (resized).jpgIMG_5090 (resized).jpgIMG_5090 (resized).jpgIMG_5089 (resized).jpgIMG_5089 (resized).jpgIMG_5088 (resized).jpgIMG_5088 (resized).jpgIMG_5087 (resized).jpgIMG_5087 (resized).jpgIMG_5086 (resized).jpgIMG_5086 (resized).jpg

#25827 60 days ago

I’ve done far more, with far less.
It’s a Central Park for cryin’ out loud!! Absolutely worth saving.

I'll post a pinside for sale ad later today. I don't want it, don't have room for it and my friend wants it gone. I don't think he will trash it; He is a hoarder and if there is a dollar attached to it he will try to get that dollar

Not exactly a high demand item.

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 10.19.23 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2024-02-26 at 10.19.23 AM (resized).jpg

As far a current ownership, the closest owner of a CP in Oklahoma City from 200 miles away.

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 10.19.56 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2024-02-26 at 10.19.56 AM (resized).jpg
#25830 60 days ago
Quoted from ottodawg:

Sweet machine, if I was a little bit closer, I'd save it for sure.. Hopefully it finds a home.

I knew this was going to happen

Here is my Pinside ad. I also placed it in Craigslist.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/173045

Quoted from ottodawg:

Hopefully it finds a home.

It costs nothing to place a Craigslist ad or a pinside ad. The seller is not starving, so this pin will have all the time it needs to find a buyer. If the seller deadlines me then I'll turn it into a coffee table. But hopefully a buyer will turn up. There has to be someone who has a CP with good cab and blown play field.

#25839 58 days ago
Quoted from ottodawg:

Sweet machine, if I was a little bit closer, I'd save it for sure.. Hopefully it finds a home.

Quoted from A_Bord:

Yeah, same for me. Just a bit too far.

I now have possession. Sale is pending and should be completed tonight.

#25854 57 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'll post a pinside for sale ad later today. I don't want it, don't have room for it and my friend wants it gone. I don't think he will trash it; He is a hoarder and if there is a dollar attached to it he will try to get that dollar
Not exactly a high demand item.
[quoted image]
As far a current ownership, the closest owner of a CP in Oklahoma City from 200 miles away. [quoted image]

Quoted from ottodawg:

Quoted from cottonm4:

I now have possession. Sale is pending and should be completed tonight.

I’ve done far more, with far less.
It’s a Central Park for cryin’ out loud!! Absolutely worth saving.

SOLD !. I have played some wedgeheads that have been restored by my buyer. He did excellent work, they play nice, and he has the chops. This CP will live again.

#25889 53 days ago
Quoted from pevo:

WTH is is the deal with ppl posting ads for one price then start raising the price? I think thats kinda chickensh*t ...Post it on ebay if you want a online auction

Well, this will be sure to piss you off. 5 years ago I saw an ad for a Joker Poker on Craig's List out of Oklahoma City priced at $300.00. That's driving distance and i was thinking about it but I had no room and I am not interested in speculating on pins I am not interested in.

Then I took a closer look at the ad and it was a unicorn. One of 820 JP EMs produced.

I sent the guy a CL email. Told him his pin was priced too cheap and was probably worth $2000.00. He got back with me. We traded a couple of CL emails.

I could tell he was a young guy. I could also tell he was desperate for money. He told me he took $1000.00 for it as he could not afford to wait to try for more money.

Whoever paid $1000.00 still got a swinging deal. And I kept a young guy from getting completely eaten by the sharks. I still get good feeling from helping that guy out.

And, as always, if you don't like the price, make an offer.

#25900 52 days ago

What, like this guy? [quoted image][quoted image]

You gotta love the 2nd seller: " Stored in my climate-controlled garage."

#25901 52 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

This is what I mean, totally not a project.

Really? What do you mean?

Quoted from mrm_4:

It’s cause they post it for $100 and then get 2,653 messages within 5 minutes. And the first dozen are usually some bleeding heart asshats saying
“you’re really charging way too little for this game!”
And ruin a sweet nab for some lucky dude who could’ve had a bad ass deal.

So if someone told the 1st seller he was too cheap and the 2nd seller did not get to make his $5,000.00 deal, you would be cussing the guy who told the 1st seller he was too cheap?

What about this FLIPPER !!!! ???

I thought flippers were the trolls under the bridge.

#25928 48 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

On Craigslist this morning:
1972 Williams Super Star EM - $75.00
Boulder, CO
boulder.craigslist.org link
Ad says it works:
OP: "Classic single player 1972 Williams Super Star pinball machine. Fully functioning game play. Some bulbs are out, but 6 boxes of 10 replacement bulbs are included (60 bulbs, far more than are out). All rubber was refreshed about 16yrs ago. A few new replacement rubber cushions are included."
Me: Playfield looks decent, cabinet looks ok. I'm already too busy with other projects and I'm not really interested in this title, otherwise I'd check this out.

My OP friend has a Super Star cab in nice condition and decent play field. He does not have the head. If anybody knows of a head lying around maybe something could be worked up.

#25932 46 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You linked to a group, not directly to the ad.
I don't see the ad in the group, so it's possible it's gone already?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps running into the Facebook group roadblocks

#25942 45 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Looks like it sold

For $895.00. I am not surprised. That's a tough pin to play. Old school kick your ass kind of pin. I'd like to have one.

#25962 40 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I just pushed these out to the curb.
[quoted image]

A couple of weeks ago I was driving by just as a woman had sat a large box of toys at the curb. I stopped, looked, and loaded up.

There were 6 14" rubber dinosaurs in the box. Plus some other toys and a picture of all the Marvel characters. i took the toys to sell at the Friday night auction. The 6 rubber dinosaurs brought $13.00 each and the picture brought $15.00. A couple of other toys came in at $20.00 and I still had items left to sell when I left auction early. I'll pick up the check Tuesday and figure I will net $100.00 for just picking up a box of toys at the curb.

1 week later
#25981 33 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

#mata-hari
Bally ss
$100
Houston, Tx
https://m.facebook.com/groups/260537684370265/permalink/1839213219836029/
Me: Flood his inbox and start an auction!

Bluespin, I thought you had already posted something from every FB group that could be possible. Yet, here you are with a another one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 169.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
756 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cottonm4. You are on page 3 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/3?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.