IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

755 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cottonm4. You are on page 1 of 4.
#2733 7 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

I want that Gator. That might be the best Jerry Kelly art. The way the composition informs the shots on the playfield is amazing.

Well, don't tell us. Call the guy and buy it. By Google Earth, it is only 1,159 miles from Cleveland to New Orleans. You would get to drive thru some pretty country. Interstate all the way

Production for zipper flipper games

Capersville: 5,120

Nip it 4,580

Fireball 3,815

4 Million B.C. 3,550

Gator 2,120

Can't be too many of those around.

#2761 7 years ago

How come the neat stuff is always 1000 miles from me?

#2773 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I sent them an email on the Dragonfist.

Me, too

#2826 7 years ago

Interesting. Here is a Jack in the Box back box to go with above pin.. Seller says glass in good condition. Thinks it is from a woo rail.

wichita.craigslist.org link

From a woodrail pinball machine, top part only. The glass is in good condition. Asking $60. Local sale."

#2839 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting. Here is a Jack in the Box back box to go with above pin.. Seller says glass in good condition. Thinks it is from a woo rail.
From a woodrail pinball machine, top part only. The glass is in good condition. Asking $60. Local sale."

Since I'm local I thought I would see about taking a chance on this BG. I texted the seller.

ME: HI like the backglass you have for sale on CL. Bit I can't do $60. Can you do $40-$45? I live in Wichita and be a local sale.

SELLER: If you would do $50 today. It is at or near 50 years old. The plaint has flaked some but the glass is perfect.

(seller includes to pics. front and back.

ME: Well shoot, the paint is the most important part. How bad is it flaked? If it is too much I would not be interested at all.

SELLER: Other interested parties. Paint is good for 50 years.

ME: I understand. I'll think on it a little bit.

I emailed the pics from text to my computer email. With bigs pics, that back glass is nothing but flakes all over. It is trash. Sorry for posting here. BGResto has this one on file if you need one.

1 week later
#2913 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Dolly Parton / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1978
Production: 7,350
Cost: Current Bid: $99 (Auction Ends 9/2)
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » 1978 Dolly Parton Pinball Machine Original Classic Local Pick Up
OP: Needs miminal electrical work on the power cord and one of the flippers.

Hmmm. There are two Dolly's in the pics. One is real nice. And the other is beat to shit.

2 weeks later
#3085 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Magnotron / Electro-mechanical (EM) 4 Player
August 1974
Production: 6,550
Cost: $150
Link/Contact: dallas.craigslist.org link
OP: It powers up and lights up. I cannot get a game started. I don't know how to fix it. It is missing the legs. Pickup in Mansfield behind Legacy High School.

And four hours later the ad is gone !!

1 month later
#3682 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Game Plan
Game/Type: Captain Hook/ Solid State Electronic (SS) 4 Player
Month/Year: April 1985
Production: 450 (!)
Cost: Buy It Now: $895 obo
Contact/Link: ebay.com link » Game Plan 780 Pin Ball Machine Capitan Hook T90214
OP:
Product Description:
Turns on
Display is not working
Unit looks complete (No missing parts)
Boards are in good physical condition
Rubber is cracked

I kept watching the auction on this Captain Hook. There were only two other people besides me watching. I find the game interesting and lust worthy due to its rarity. The auction was for BIN or make an offer. I am planning a trip to Texas so I said, "what the hell" and gave the company a call. I made a low ball its-worth-a-gamble offer and to my surprise, they accepted. So I will be heading out to El Paso in a few days to pick up. Then hope I can fix it.

Thanks for posting this pin, Captive_Ball.

1 month later
#3992 7 years ago

relisted on Ebay....Buy It Now $275 obo
ebay.com link » 1979 Stern Dracula Project Pinball Machine Pickup Ohio Vampire Needs Work Arcade

I have made that guy two offers on his Cleveland CL ad and never heard back. No counter offer. No nothing. I could use the cabinet bot not for $300.00 and not for $275.00. and his Cleveland CL ad still is asking $300.00.

#3997 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That playfield is pretty well roached.
It was probably someone's parts machine. No backglass, no boards, no displays....there's not much left other than the cab and some playfield parts.

Yeah. I saw the pics. You can not even make a decent coffee table with that play field. But I don't need the play field; The rest would be perfect for my project.

#4000 7 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Flipper alert! He's going to relist it at $5.

And you know this how?

#4017 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

ebay.com link » Stern Trident Pinball Machine Parts Playfield Plastics
This guy is saying he's parting a Stern Trident because the boards aren't working. The cosmetics are nice. Someone save this one!
New Kensington, PA

Yeah. THat one is too nice to part out.

#4037 7 years ago

relisted on Ebay....Buy It Now $275 obo
ebay.com link » 1979 Stern Dracula Project Pinball Machine Pickup Ohio Vampire Needs Work Arcade

The seller and I finally made contact. My offer was way lower than what he was asking and he was receptive. Most of my cost for this beater is the gas to go pick it up. In is in my car now and we will be home tomorrow. The cabinet is very solid. Ugly, but solid.

#4050 7 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

What is your plan for it? Wax and play?

I need an empty cab and back box for a project pin I am in process of building and this has all the cab parts like coin door, lockdown bar, wiring, rails, etc. All in one place and I don't have to trash a classic Stern to do it, since this one is already trashed.

2 weeks later
#4258 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

"I have suitcase for sale for $40. It is full of $100 bills but you can have since it not my money. Will drop off to Goodwill if I get no replie."
Geez. Some very bored person is obviously having fun up yonder. I wonder if this is another sign that Craigslist is eventually doomed to join the defunct digital scrap heap (Myspace, Geocities, etc)? Facebook Marketplace is trying to take over that space by linking items to sellers... which lets you at least sort-of-verify their integrity beforehand.
(the downside is how Facebook continues to eat the internet...)

Some of the CL stuff we see would disappear if CL charged for individuals to place an ad. Free ads, as nice as they can be when you are selling, let BS ads live forever, and dumb/stupid/greedy/enterprising want-to-be-sellers, and in general, idiots, get to run amok. I hate Facebook so I hope CL continues.

#4274 7 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

Yes, Merry Christmas!
I'm so happy I'm not the only pinhead checking the "Project Pin" thread on Christmas morning

I'm right here with you Now I'm off to Ebay to see how an auction I am interested is going

#4308 7 years ago

I guess I'll post some I see when I'm wondering around on CL.

Game/Type: Rocket III
Features: Bally Rocket 3 pinball machine, one play, works good, no key, crack in clear glass on top right hand corner
Month/Year: April 1967
Production: 2,603
Asking Price: $ 600.00
Contact/Link: columbiamo.craigslist.org link

#4309 7 years ago

Game/Type: Bronco
Features: 77' GOTTLIEB BRONCO 4pl, BG 9, PF 8, Cab 6, $400. Game will reset scores, but motor continues to run and will NOT eject ball. My repair skills have dwindled over the years and I'm done messing with it.

Month/Year: April 1977
Production: 9,160
Asking Price: $ 400.00

Game/Type: Hang Glider
Features:

Month/Year: Dec. 1976
Production: 2,325
Asking Price: $450.00

Contact link: springfield.craigslist.org link

Contact/Link

#4310 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Big Deal
Features: Recently restored pinball machine. This is in very good shape and fun to play. I restored it last year and now I'm moving to Little Rock, AR. I have too much stuff to move this too. This has all new bumpers and all new rubber parts, new ball, all new bulbs, paint touch ups, etc. Should sell for $1,100 but I need it gone.

Month/Year: May 1977
Production: 7,301
Asking Price: $ 650.00
Contact/Link: semo.craigslist.org link

#4311 7 years ago

Game/Type: Top Hand Add-a-Ball

Features: I have a 1966 William's Top Hand Pinball Machine ready just in time for Christmas! Game is fully working and has been waxed, new bulbs, and rubber. Ready for your game room. Please note the back glass is separated into two pieces but does not effect the play of the game. Can deliver in the area. Email me and I will respond and go from there

Month/Year: April 1966
Production: 2,600
Asking Price: $ 650.00
Contact/Link: littlerock.craigslist.org link

#4320 7 years ago

Game/Type: Loop The Loop

Month/Year: December 1965
Production: 1,055
Asking Price: $ 350.00
Contact/Link: wichitafalls.craigslist.org link

#4321 7 years ago

Game/Type: Dodge City

Features: Gottlieb Dodge City Pinball Machine. Original condition, works good, just noticed a couple rubber bands need replacing those were easy to find. I've had this game for 43 years it was in The Peppermint Lounge Bar on Jacksboro Highway in Fort Worth Texas before that. The little guy who dances when being shot at, his legs of always got caught up there, you can undo them but they go back up eventually. Have the keys. Vintage and still fun to play

Month/Year: July 1965
Production: 3,175
Asking Price: $ 799.00
Contact/Link: dallas.craigslist.org link

#4322 7 years ago

Game/Type: Flip Flop
Month/Year: November 1974
Production: 5,350
Asking Price: $ 350.00
Contact/Link: dallas.craigslist.org link

#4360 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Quick Draw / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: June 1975
Production: 2,660
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: kansascity.craigslist.org link
Condition: Pics taken with a flashlight? OP: "Its been sitting for a few yrs. Great Machine...Just needs a little TLC...."

That one is driving distance, but the house is full.

#4361 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Welcome Travish!

I've always liked the Atari pins and it was such a novel way to insert your quarters.

Those coin slots remind me of those old table top juke boxes. I wonder if Atari bought a bunch of NOS juke box coin slot mechanisms for cheap.

Seeburg (resized).jpgSeeburg (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4471 7 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

This one was a curb alert on Sunday free pinball machine in fact the add is still up. Someone close enough grabbed it and is now trying to make a few bucks hope it makes its way to a good home. I sent the add to a fellow pinsider Sunday who was closer then me but it was gone when he checked on it. When it was still free...

It looks like a Katrina refugee.

#4482 7 years ago

Game/Type: Swing Time ( EM. Add-A-Ball )
Month/Year: May 1965
Production: 700
Cost: $250.00
Link/Contact: oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

OP: Pinball machine - late 40's early 50's?? Was working but not used for several years. Plugged in and have a solenoid stuck I think. Also needs rubber bumpers replaced.
405five9six3523 Might trade for ammo or???

** This is a nice looking pin.

1 week later
#4549 7 years ago

Game/Type: Surfer / EM
Year: October 1976
Production: 2,700
Cost: $600
Link/Contact: huntsville.craigslist.org link

It looks like it is in nice shape.

#4554 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

It is still available, someone should snatch this one up - guy responded, and offered to talk and supplied phone #.
Supposedly a good EM machine, sought after.................this is one I want sometime.

It is a competition quality pin. It is one of the few Gottliebs I would not mind owning, except I swore off of EMs.

PAPA.org has a vid.

#4558 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Swore off EM's??? *gasp*
I ended up going the other way... SS's gone, all EM now (except a Sinbad which, lets face it, still has real chimes).
What prompted the switch?

I have had two EMs. Both had problems and I am not any good with the trouble shooting part. I would need to work with a pro looking over my shoulder and teach me how to trouble shoot all those coils and switches.

#4573 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Gameplan
Game/Type: Sharpshooter
Month/Year: May 79
Production: 4200
Cost: $850
Contact/Link:madison.craigslist.org link

Nice looking Gameplan Sharpshooter. I'd like to have this one. Lot of miles, though. And wrong direction. I'm afraid I'd get up there and get snowed in.

#4585 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Big game is a fun player. Seriously underrated IMHO.

I agree. I am in process of restoring my BG. I should have the play field back from being restored with a clear coat at the end of March. I'll be buried in it but I don't care. It is a gas to play.

2 weeks later
#4803 7 years ago

Game/Type: Straight Shooter
Month/Year: 1959
Production: 1150
Cost: ???????
Contact/Link: albuquerque.craigslist.org link

00h0h_a5KWm4b9ryo_600x450 (resized).jpg00h0h_a5KWm4b9ryo_600x450 (resized).jpg

This ad is for a garage sale. Two pins shown. Argosy and Straight Shooter. No prices. Looks like the garage sale is over. Some times stuff not get sold and you can make some nice deals.

#4838 7 years ago

Game/Type: OXO / Electro-mechanical (EM) 4 Player
Month/Year: Oct 1973
Production: 7,053
Cost:$500.00 for pair

Manufacturer: Midway
Game/Type: Wild Kingdom shooting gallery
Month/Year: ???
Production: ????
Cost:$500.00 for pair
Contact/Link: oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

"I have a couple of classic arcade games that I grew up with. Wild Kingdom shooting gallery by Midway and OXO pinball machine by Williams. These games have set in my mothers house for several years and we are cleaning things out. Everything is in original condition but not operable due to sitting in dusty environment for years. $500.00 for both."

It is a bit hard to tell from the one picture, but the OXO pin does not look too bad.

#4839 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Gameplan
Game/Type:Sharpshooter
Month/Year: May 1975
Production: 4,200
Cost:$650.00

" Sharpshooter 1 Pinball Machine. Great for gameroom, manroom, media room, rec room, office, bar, or club. New Mother Board. Backglass is superb. Machine boots up and all system tests successful. All 4 score displays have all digits. Flippers are excellent. Machine plays but some bumpers and individual mechs don't work during game. However, they test OK during machine system tests. Will need some adjustments. 650.00"

Nice looking pin.

#4840 7 years ago

Game/Type:Paddock/EM
Month/Year: Sept 1969
Production: 1952
Cost:$500.00
Link: memphis.craigslist.org link

"PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE. Pinball machine with "Paddock" game. Has been sitting in old building for years. Has tax receipts from Texas on it from 1973, 1974 and 1975."

I have room for no more pins. I have drove a lot of miles this year and I'm tired. Plus, I swore off of EMs, but, damn, I'd like to give this pin a go. I think that is a beautiful play field and a youtube vid shows that it looks like fun to play

#4894 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Free alert:
Chicago Coin Hi Score Pool in Dayton, Ohio
dayton.craigslist.org link
You have to take the red/white hideabed couch too
Here's the ad in case it gets deleted:
I have a green, red and white plaid hideabed couch and a vintage 1971 Chicago Coin Hi Score Pool Pinball machine for free that I'm looking to remove from my property ASAP. Both are in good condition, and both are a package deal. If you have any interest in my items please email me for pictures. As long as this ad is up, the items are still available.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1161

Somebody go pick this stuff up and sell me those pool balls in that Hi-Score game. I don't want the game---just the pool balls.

#4915 7 years ago

kansascity.craigslist.org link

Text from the seller:

I have five (5) EM pinball machines for sale. I accumulated these over the years.

Single game prices are as follows:
$275 1973 King Pin
$600 1972 Grand Slam
$400 1976 Hollywood
$225 1968 Ding Dong
$300 1965 Lucky Strike

Will take $1375 for all five games. Will discount single game prices for multiple purchases.

Grand Slam and Hollywood are shopped and working.
King Pin is mostly working but needs shopped. The 10's score reel is sticking and needs adjusted to get it started.
Lucky Strike worked but is not starting now.
Ding Dong is complete but doesn't work.

Games are in my basement. Stairs are a wide straight shot up to the main floor. You will be responsible for breaking the games down and hauling out. Sorry but I am unable to help get games out of the basement.

Sorry for the sideways presentation. I tried to rotate and save the images straight but it obviously didn't work.

Calls only. No email, no text. If I'm not there only leave a message if you get the answering machine with woman's voice for Pierson's Lawn Care.

1 month later
#5055 6 years ago

Game/Type: Aladdin's Castle / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1975
Production: 4,155
Cost: $750.00
Contact/Link: topeka.craigslist.org link

OP:1976 Bally Aladdin's Castle electromechanical pinball machine. Backglass and playfield in very good condition. Two player machine working condition. Has operators manual and schematics.

This one has been for sale for a month. Looks like it is in nice shape.

3 weeks later
#5177 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

cottonm4 Craig you may be interested in this.

Thank you, John. I saw the ad and watched a youtube vid. Not my kind of pin and I don't want to speculate.

4 weeks later
#5359 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Flash Gordon / SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1980
Production: 10,000
Cost: $800 Firm
Contact/Link: cincinnati.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...works perfect except strobe light is burnt out. New one is 70.00. I have new rubber bumpers on it. Box in in great too."

That did not take long. The for sale ad is no more.

1 week later
#5445 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Seller only wants $75 for this project, but Pinside has three working versions of this pin for $1,250-1,799.
Game/Type: Line Drive / Pitch and Bat
Year: February 1972
Production: ???
Cost: $75
oklahomacity.craigslist.org link
OP: I've an old baseball pinball machine haven't plugged it in don't know how, or which plugs go where
As is $75

I tried to contact that Line Drive seller the day his ad went up and never got the decency of a reply. I figure it sold fast and the seller does not know how to take the ad down.

#5485 6 years ago

Too bad the guy is trying to auction this pin with the "make an offer" routine.

The guy is selling a Bally Skyrocket. Only 545 of Skyrocket produced. I would say it is a rare pin. I swore off of EMs but I"m tempted to contact him and say "put a price on".

littlerock.craigslist.org link

#5493 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Just placed an offer. It would be a 20 hour round trip. We'll see if the price is right

Good Luck. It will be cool if I help someone cross off their wish list item. Maybe a bunch of us could toss out some low ball offers and he will think your bid is the best

#5498 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I did get a reply from the seller. He says he has a local guy that has me bettered by 200 but I asked for better pics. Don't like the thought of a constant raise if I meet the current offer. Not like I can wizz over there and slap some cash and load up.

Well, I guess you can up your bid in Ebay type increments. Raise him by $25.00 maybe? Better to walk away, but Skyrockets don't come around very often, I suppose. Al least it is not being sold by a retailer.

#5505 6 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Pecos, I contacted them last night. They want a firm price up front and I told them I either need better pics or to see up close for a firm price. They have not gotten back in touch with me.

Their CL ad shows to have been up for a couple of days, but this is merely a new ad. Those pins have been showing up for sale for a couple of months. I don't know if this will help you but it is always nice to know how long somebody has been beating a dead horse.

#5506 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I'd like to have a go at that Strato-Flite. Just the kind of project I like! I don't see a lot of Stato-Flites posted for sale and they are usually $400 and up. Thanks for posting it bluespin.

Around 4 years ago I went and looked at a Stratoflite. At the time, he wanted $500.00. It needed shopped. It had a beautiful almost mint play field with only flaw being the ball trail up top at the arch. The back glass was flaked badly. As I recall, the cab and cab paint was in real good shape.

I'm not sure, but he might still have it---although it would probably not be any cheaper. I'd have to drive about 6 miles to see if it is still there. If you would like me to look, let me know.

#5524 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Sometimes people contact the seller through the ad and then cancel the ad so that other buyers can't contact the seller

Huh? How is some buyer going to cancel a seller's ad? That's new to me. Explain, please.

#5536 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The way prohibited should work is if someone reports an item as prohibited then Someone who works for Craigslist should review the ad and make the decision. Also if an ad is cancelled because it is reported as prohibited the seller is not notified that their ad was cancelled.

I guess that is what we get when something is free. But at least you think CL would have the decency to at least tell you that you were taken down.

But I like the "free" part. Where else could I run a WTB ad all over the country for months and not pay a dime?

#5571 6 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Hmmm... not sure if this is a proper project - darn thing took longer to fetch than it did to fix.

Shall we take bets on how it will be before you decide to sell. It is an interesting looking machine. I got to try one at TPF 2016. I lasted for 3 balls and moved on.

#5614 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

First time posted here.
Game/Type: Bus Stop / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: May 1969
Production: 2,303
Cost: $450 TNT Amusements
Contact/Link: philadelphia.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This was just traded in...lights up with new color bulbs in some places...it cycles but does not work...nothing hacked inside...so probably a switch...this is for the tinkerer that likes to work on these older electro-mechanical games. Nothing appears rusty or burned...and was in a game room for many years and is clean looking!"

That's a neat looking pin. There were only 825 produced. There are no videos on youtube to see any action, though.

#5639 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Some appear to be a little bit rough around the edges but, hey, you just don't find deals like this anymore. I'd grab them if I could get them in one go.
Game/Type: Apollo / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: June 1967
Production: 3,100
Game/Type: Super Soccer / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1975
Production: 7,130
Game/Type: Sure Shot / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1976
Production: 3,700
Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Beatniks / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: January 1967
Production: Unknown
Cost: $125 Each
Contact/Link: lasvegas.craigslist.org link
Condition: "pinball machines For Sale Old School EM "Pinball Arcade Games" Beat Nike Sure Shot Super Soccer Apollo.
I have 4 pinball machines taken up room. I need to get rid of, they are all complete. They all worked at one time, but have been sitting at my building for years. They all need good servicing. Rubber bands contact cleaning. All of the turn on but have issues. All cabs are in so-so condition."

Google Earth says Tucson is 413 miles from Las Vegas. That's a day trip. If you want them, load up

#5644 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not any more:
» YouTube video
Right flipper is fussy, needs a new coil and the elastics are beat.

Nice vid you made. Thanks. Todd said it was not working and it was probably a switch. What was the problem? how did you fix it?

1 week later
#5708 6 years ago

It doe not look like a project. Seller wants $1100.00 for an El Dorado. I"m tempted to call and ask about it but I have no more room for another pin. Besides, I swore of of EMs for my self.

After 14 days I don't know if it is still available and would be surprised if it is.

Good Luck

jonesboro.craigslist.org link

Oh, yeah, Jonesboro Arkansas north west of Memphis

3 weeks later
#5851 6 years ago

Here is another Bally Skyrocket for sale on Ebay. Located in Florida. Some flaking on back glass. Play field looks nice. Current bid is $405.00.

ebay.com link: 1970 Bally SkyRocket pinball machine

2 weeks later
#5909 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Monte Carlo / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1972
Production: 5,254
Cost: $300
Contact/Link: hartford.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Needs some wiring."
What is that, a headless horse, on the pinball machine?

It looks like a hobby horse.

1 week later
#5985 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Yep, I done dunnit. I just couldn't resist the temptation! The backglass is near perfect and the playfield has only one dime sized wear-to-the-wood spot. The cabinet will need some major mending - not sure how I will handle that yet. It's nice when you pick up a Project Pin that has the backbox door, the front door lock key and the coin box! I'm really looking forward to getting this up and working.

Thanks to Captive_Ball for posting this here in the Project Pin thread. And thanks to Leef for a smooth and friendly transaction.

You made a nice buy. It will not take much to repair those two extra post holes that were drilled and that just looks lie a super nice super clean play field. Cabinets are not all that hard to come up with a solution.

#6000 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Some of the wooden corner pieces are cracked. I am hoping that I can glue those and the cabinet corners back together. I'm not a cabinet maker so it should be an adventure, meaning it will take ten times longer than it should take!

I recently bought a table saw. I have some extra wood laying around. I could cut you some new corner pieces to about any size you would need. You would have to pay the shipping. I'm guessing all of the piece you would need would fit in the smallest USPS priority box for around 6 dollars.

1 week later
#6056 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Captain Fantastic / SS 4 Player
Production: 16,155
Cost: $825
Link/Contact: pensacola.craigslist.org link
OP: Not sure of exact year but somewhere around 1975, captain Fantastic pinball machine. This machine does light up, but does not work. I bought at a charity auction with the intent of restoring, just don't have enough time. I have seen this machines fully restored selling for as much at $3000. Does have keys to lock front access panel as well as extra light bulbs and 8 balls. Not looking to make any money just get what I paid for it.

That has to be the first Capt. Fantastic I have seen with an asking price of less that $1000.00 for about 3 years now.

#6063 6 years ago

Maybe price can be negotiated down since ad has been up a month?
Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Big Game/ SS Widebody 4 Player
Year: March 1980
Production: 2,713
Cost: Starting Bid: $1000
Link/Contact: desmoines.craigslist.org link
OP: Safari pinball machine

It would be worth try. Hard to see well with the crummy pics but the play field looks like it is in decent shape. BG Resto has the replacement for the flaking back glass. If I did not already own a Big Game I would be thinking hard about chasing this one.

The OP sure did not pass marketing 101 with his bland ad. Safari pinball machine ??

#6074 6 years ago

I agree, that's why I put it up there. I know I would give it a shot if it was priced lower, depending on inspection, of course. No pictures with GI on.

That is funny, they couldn't even put the name of the game in the ad. I want top dollar for my game, but I'm too lazy to do any background on the game to help with the sale.

My Big Game was listed for 19 days for $1000.00 before I saw the ad.

I made contact and asked if still for sale.

He said yes.

I said I have been looking for BG but could not give $1000.00

He said he was negotiable.

One day later I made the drive and loaded it up for $500.00

You won't get a date if you don't ask.

#6099 6 years ago

If the distance was closer...I would go through that process. Glad you were able to pick yours up for a good price.

Sorry. I did not see that you were in Houston. That would be a drive.

#6111 6 years ago
Quoted from DashingDaryl:

This is pretty close to my house. I am thinking of going to look at it. phoenix.craigslist.org link
Based on the ad, what do you think an appropriate price range for this machine is? ( in it's current condition)
I wish their were better pictures of the playfield and the box; the fact there isn't leads me to believe they are selling it from an antique perspective instead of a pinsider perspective.
Anyone ever play it? The fact there is no center chute, is interesting to me.

Here is a Gottlieb Mayfair for sale in Missouri for $650.00. With the back glass.

loz.craigslist.org link

BG Resto does NOT have this back glass on file. You will have a hard time finding one.

http://bgresto.com/

1 week later
#6268 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I feel the same way about the Jacks Open.

What Jacks Open? All I see is a Volley.

#6275 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

A worthy candidate for a full restoration. The perfect winter Project Pin?
Game/Type: Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy / EM 4 Player
Production: 16,155
Cost: $200 Firm
Contact/Link: batonrouge.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This item was in the 2016 flood, and received water in the box. The ply is separating on the cabinet and will probably have to be replaced. The machine lights up when plugged in. I can push a relay to reset the score bank, but the machine won't progress to the next player and finish the startup sequence. This machine is a major restoration or donor machine. The legs, bolts, schematics, and back box lock are included with this machine."

This one is a parts machine. All of those switches were under water.

#6284 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Please inform those of us who rarely see standing water what a flood does to the switches. Are they completely unsalvageable?

My guess is that they are salvageable but at a time cost that makes it a parts machine.

#6322 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

1. Deals on projects get through here all the time, otherwise what'd be the point of this thread?
2. Money's only purpose is to be spent. Pinballs are to be fixed and played, and maybe sold. Not even close to the same thing.
If you buy them and then just sell them again without putting in anything yourself you're basically just skimming money. No excuse to try to get paid for not doing anything.

How much time do you have to put in before it is not considered skimming? I recently bought two pins with the idea of selling both. One is still folded up and waiting for attention.

The other one? I stripped the play field and waxed it and added a set of rubber rings and cleaned the play field glass. That's all I did. That took about an hour of my time. It play fines and is now sold for an amount that gives me the other pin for free. I could have done nothing to this pin and sold it for a bit less. So, where does the skimming part become "not skimming"? Does adding a set of rubber rings make it not skimming?

I have another pin I bought real cheap. I bought it to sell and try to make a little money to help pay for my other pinball stuff that is eating me out of house and home It is covered with 35 years of nicotine. Cleaning the nicotine off is more than I want to mess with but the pin has more collector value than what I paid. I might mess with it and I might just take the money and run. Maybe that is skimming, but why would that be bad? No one else at this auction knew anything about pinball machines. If I was not there it would have more than likely wound up in someone's shed or garage to further deteriorate. But now, this pin is going to live again. And I'll make some money for my time and gas in going to the auction to get this pin. Is this skimming?

#6330 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

On the other hand, if you (say) picked up a project Monster Bash for $100 at an auction, let it sit in your garage for a few months, and then put it up for sale for $6000.... I don't think that's fair.

My parents gave me a MB for my birthday. They have both passed on. I don't have to pay them back and my cost in the pin is ZERO.
People in the marketplace are tripping over themselves to buy MBs at $6k plus. So, should I sell it to you for $400 or $500 so you can turn around and sell it for your "good guy" price of only $1100.00. And then your buyer, obviously another good guy, can sell it for $1600.00? And this MB keeps getting turned until it finally discovers its true market price of $6k.

Sorry, I like my way better. I'll sell it direct for $6K and cut out all the middlemen (which includes you).

But I am interested in what your definition of "fair" is.

#6333 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The only flippers that bother me are the ones that buy something off Craigslist, then relist it the next day for more than the original seller. The new post is in a new city, but with the old sellers pictures. For example there is a guy in Charlotte that sold a Nugent for $300. The next day another seller (different seller) listed the same pin with the same pictures for $3200. Same thing happened with a Genie in CA. Seller sold it same day that he listed it at $200, next day it was listed for $1600 an hour away.

Why should a Genie in Cali bother you? You were not going to buy it. If I understand you correctly, if the buyer-turned-seller would take new pics then all is well?

Half of me wants to feel sorry for sellers who sold something too cheap. The other half of me says it is the seller's fault for not researching the market before placing an ad. And the other other half of me wants to feel sorry for someone who paid too much (like the idiot who bought a home edition Evel Knievel on Ebay for $2200.00). And yet, the fourth half of me says "Buyer Beware". Do your homework.

#6334 6 years ago

Here is a Meteor in Wichita for sale. I'd be interested, but the back glass is flaked out.

He is hard on his $700.00 price.

"Pinball machine works but needs a little work to make it a great machine. The drop targets need to be taken off and either set the gap in the leaf switches or replace them. A few plastics are broke, cabinet is in decent shape. Great first pinball machine or for someone that wants to work on one. This machine was built in 1979 by Stern. Text me at 316-two one 3- one 4 six 9"

#6385 6 years ago

Game/Type: Hi-Deal / EM
Year: October 1975
Production: 2,085
Cost: $800.00
Link/Contact:oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

#6400 6 years ago
Quoted from Schnollms:

Hmm I'm in mahwah. Maybe I'll check it out even though I'm into EMs.

EDIT: Wrong post.

1 week later
#6538 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I see four pinball machines in the pictures, but the seller only mentions two of them, the Ballys. The seller mentions an Elvis pin, but it is probably a Brunswick Alive that isn't worth anything, but it could be a Stern Elvis. I think that I have the right editions of the Fireballs based on their pictures.
Game/Type: Fireball Classic / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1984
Production: 2,000
Game/Type: Fireball Home Model / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1976
Production: ~10,000
Game/Type: High Speed / SS
Year: January 1986
Production: 17,080
Game/Type: Space Mission / EM
Year: January 1976
Production: 11,652
Link/Contact: Classic Pinball Machine lists at $3,500 best offer takes - $100 (Studio city). We have 2 pinball machines that have been in our family for over 35 years - Both Bally Official Regulation Arcade Machines 1970s asking $950 each both for $1,500 use to be in our dad's movie studio offices - also an Elvis pin ball at $950.00 or best offer

Do you have a link?

2 weeks later
#6745 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

"I bought this really nice sports car, but I figured it would really be a conversation piece if I cut off all the doors and lifted it. It now serves neither its original purpose nor some utility purpose, it's really just a useless expensive project that you can look at and wince... I'm only looking for about double the original value due to my skilled craftsmanship, I think that's fair!"

_5781762_orig (resized).png_5781762_orig (resized).png

#6812 6 years ago

Yard sale in Cushing Oklahoma Friday and Saturday.

All kinds of old pin stuff for sale: Pharaoh populated play field, other play fields, old stuff, etc.

stillwater.craigslist.org link

#6842 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

That looks amazing. Too amazing to be real. Only one day's notice, no phone number, and "everything must go or will be donated to Goodwill"? C'maaan.
Close enough for me, but not enough on (mostly) blind faith.

The address in the CL ad is 3505 Kessler Wichita Falls. Might be a hoax. Might be real.

But a Google Street search shows this house with a building in back that could be large enough to house this many pins. And it looks like the shed/building was built special for for these pins.

It true, this house with swimming pool is in a nice neighborhood.

Pins (resized).pngPins (resized).png

#6844 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hmmmm... promising indeed, but still two hours away with no prices or phone number.
Anyone going to check it out?
Three years ago, I'd totally be there at 7am sharp. But with a work queue as deep as the one I've got now... I'm content to sit in the peanut gallery.
I think. :p :p

I'm leaving Ft. Worth in the morning and headed home. A detour there would add 120 miles (your 2 hours) to my trip. It is tempting just for the treasure hunt aspect but I did not bring a lot of cash on this trip; My tools are at home. I have already spent a lot of money and I am out of room for any more pins.

As you noted, a lack of a phone number or any kind of prices is a caution flag.

#6874 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPilot:

I paid a local lawn service guy I found on CL $20 via Paypal to go to that garage sale in Wichita Falls.

That was some clever thinking !!

#6940 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Ha ha! Love the honesty in this ad.
Game/Type: Motordome / SS 6803, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1986
Production: 2,000
Cost: Buy It Now: $250 Current Bid: $1.00
Contact/Link: ebay.com link » A Crappy Bally Motordome Pinball Machine

ebay.com link: A Crappy Bally MotorDome Pinball Machine

Interesting build on that Motordome cab. People like to bitch about the Spanish pins, E.G. Sonic, Playmatic for their cabs being made out of particle board. But that Motordome is tossed together with particle board just like the Spanish pins.

2 weeks later
#7144 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

seshpilot You are not remembering what transpired correctly. I posted in this forum asking if someone in the Indianapolis area if anyone in the Indi area could help me. No one in your area responded. I then pm'd you since we both are active in several classic Stern threads, and below is the conversation:

John, I realize you have un-favorited this thread and may not see this: I am sorry you feel like you got burned, but I'm not seeing it.

Quoted from bluespin:

From me: I found a pin that I am interested in buying, and I am first in line. It's an early 80s Pin. I can pay you something for your time and effort. I would pay the seller directly for the pin with Paypal, and pay Fastenal directly also. The only trouble is that Fastenal stores are only open 7:30AM-5PM M-F. Thanks, John.

If this is the only correspondence to seshpilot I do not see where you actually asked him if he could make the pickup for you. You talk about the Fastenal store hours and finish with Thanks John.

Where I come from, you need to actually ask if someone could make the pickup for you, like, " I want to buy this pin. It is in your area. Can you, would you go pick it up for me? I'll pay you for your time. " That requires an answer: yes or no.

You didn't ask if he could pick it up for you.

Quoted from bluespin:

You said: Hey John, that might work. I'm out of town till Monday but if you can wait we may be able to work something out. Steven.

I don't see where seshpilot said no. I see where he was out of town and busy with family/friends stuff. He asked if you could wait until he got back home. I see a timing problem. This is where you should have came back and said you could not wait for an answer because the seller was getting antsy and then ask seshpilot again if he could commit to pick the pin up.

But I don't see where you asked him for commitment to make the pick up for you. Unless there is other correspondence this is what I see. Also, my thoughts are that this is something you had been thinking on for a while and that your PM to seshpilot was his first knowledge that something is happening needs to happen.

I do not see where you communicated a sense of urgency to seshpilot. And he did not say "no".

I don't see the burn.

Quoted from bluespin:

I couldn't buy the pin without a commitment from someone to pick it up. If you had said I can pick this up for you next week after work I could have tried to work that out with the seller. The seller sold to the second person in line since I couldn't commit to buying it.
Thanks to all the generous offers from everyone. I un-favorited this thread so I won't see anymore conversations on this thread.

#7200 6 years ago

Game: Royal Guard
Type: Wedgehead
Month/Year: 1968
Production: 2,900.00
Cost: $200

Link/Contact:wichita.craigslist.org link

This a nice looking Royal Guard. Nice price. Not my type of pin. And I have no room.

#7201 6 years ago

Game: Several to choose from
Manufacturer: Mostly Gottlieb
Type: Wedgeheads and others
Month/Year: EMs
Production:
Cost: $500.00 each

lawrence.craigslist.org link

It's come to a end with me and pinballs. Number of years buying and selling. Now I am turning a new leaf with my interest and pinball is not involved. I have a ton of working, non working and some almost there machines. 500 each firm as my loss is your gain. I will not take 200 each of you buy them all. It 500 firm each. Lots of fun still to be had.

#7202 6 years ago

Game: Big Ben
Type: Single player
Month/Year: 1975
Production: 2900
Cost: $200.00

1975 Big Ben Pinball. Needs a flipper rebuild and a couple of targets. Overall good condition. $200

#7204 6 years ago

Game: Magic City
Type: Single player
Month/Year: 1967
Production: 2675
Cost: $400.00

Electro-machanical type from the early 1970's. Everything works perfectly. Try before you buy is fine with me. All new rubbers installed 4 years ago. Replaced a flipper coil 2 years ago. I am only selling it to make room for a new TV. Details can be found on the Pinball Machine Database. Serial #67901.
$400 FIRM. NO TRADES OR BARTERS.
Call or text Dan at Three 1 six- 2 five 0- six 4 nine 7.

2 weeks later
#7328 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I had one burst in shipping. the box never even made it to it's destination. They brought the box back to me and had me fill out the insurance paperwork, as it was just a box of glass. Luckily it was one of the common zaccaria glasses.

Not pinball related, but I was driving a Mazda RX-7 to work one nice morning and minding my own business when the driver's window went "pop" and shattered into a million pieces. My first thought is that I was being shot at (there had been a couple of shootings recently). But the window just decided it was time to shatter.

Your experience is only the 2nd time I have heard or seen glass shattering for no visible reason.

#7366 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I've never seen one of those before. That game is awesome....I definitely wish I was, well you know.

Yesterday, the Space Gambler was mine. I worked a trade and wound up with a Laser Cue.

#7382 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

cottonm4, I am finishing up work on a Laser Cue. It is more fun than I thought it would be. Did you know that Laser Cue has 50 Volt flippers? The flippers have their own power supply board in the backbox! There is awesome power in those flippers but the drop targets take a beating. I just got some hard to find drop target decals at Action Pinball and some drop target coil stops (really solenoid stops) at Marco's. PM me if you need any pics or there is something that I might be able to help you with.

Thanks for the PM invite. I did not know about the 50 volt flippers until......... I got the pin to playing good and then a flipper fried on me. So, I am going to have to replace some transistors, I suppose. I am having trouble finding the schematics anywhere online. If you could lead me to the schematics, I would appreciate it. I was enjoying the game play while it was playing.

#7392 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Not really a project machine but two cheap playfields which look to be in decent condition could help someone finish a project machine!
sandiego.craigslist.org link
Great for wall art. Big game and dolly Parton. $80 for both.

Already gone 4 hours later That Big Game play field looked like it was in nice shape.

#7402 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Royal Guard / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1968
Production: 2,900
Contact/Link: southjersey.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Vintage 1968 (very rare) Gottlieb pinball machine. Restore it or use it as is. This was a big hit with my kids when they were younger. Price just reduced. Get it while you can."

And another one gone in 4 hours.

#7423 6 years ago

I have gone beyond to wishing I was closer to I am out of room. The guy who I got my Laser Cue from wanted to make an outright sale. I told him I am at the point of one goes out before another comes in. Two days later he was ready to trade.

I'd love to have a Sinbad and a Joker Poker. I wish I had more room.

#7426 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ditto. But no matter how much room I have, I sure do have no trouble filling it.

My little house looks like most peoples' garage. My garage looks like a backyard shed. I could make more room but then I would be adding more pins to what surely be adding to the nation's pinball purgatory

Speaking of which, how many pins do all of you think have made it all around the country living in one garage or another for years on end? Put another way, how many of today's project pins will still be project pins five years from now?

#7429 6 years ago

The pin that is still for sale looks like it is a Sonic Triple Action. Not working and he is asking $300.00. I just put this link on the Sonic thread. I have no idea how many were made. Only one Pinsider owns one. I cannot find any information with a Google search. I'm thinking is it rather hard to find.

St. George looks like it is close to Flagstaff AZ.

stgeorge.craigslist.org link

Nice 1973 EM Pinball, new rubber, looks GOOD however does NOT WORK AND PLAY. Lights come on tries to reset but must have a relay stuck or not making contact. If you want that something special for your Man Cave, Game Room, Garage, Bar or are just looking for something different this is for you. Check the pictures for playfield wear, back glass is in good for a 40+ year old machine. Any questions give me a call.
Flippers (2), Pop bumpers (1), Passive bumpers (2), Slingshots (2), Standup targets (4).

The CIRCUS machine is SOLD

#7432 6 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Williams, not Sonic.

Pick your poison. Pinside shows them both. Pinside shows only one owner for the Sonic Triple Action. That owner lives in the Netherlands.

https://pinside.com/pinball/search?q=triple+action

This is a Willams Triple Action with a blue colored play field.
53120b7005d313deef2f5521b20750be5c5d69ca (resized).jpg53120b7005d313deef2f5521b20750be5c5d69ca (resized).jpg

The Williams cabinet.

cef5acef06a8be1926df3ea2abd5746220ad538c (resized).jpgcef5acef06a8be1926df3ea2abd5746220ad538c (resized).jpg

In this picture, the one on the right is also a Triple Action. But that white play field is not a Williams Triple Action.
With no other picture or information to go by, I'm guessing it is a Sonic Triple Action,
I am also assuming the cabinet paint on the one for sale is original with the yellow only color.

But as I said I can find no information about it. I'm open to suggestions.

00d0d_2f39sRbWjF9_600x450 (resized).jpg00d0d_2f39sRbWjF9_600x450 (resized).jpg

#7439 6 years ago

Wow, I LOVE these handyman rethemes, they’re such gems! Or more aptly, like glueing googly-eyes and glitter on your gemstones to add that “personal” touch.

I just sent the seller a text asking him if he would be kind enough to tell me what is up with his play field. I'll share any answer I get.

#7478 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Also a RCT for 2500
austin.craigslist.org link
Jeez those are deals

6 hours later and the ad is gone.

#7502 6 years ago

Game/Type: Wild Wild West/ EM 2 Player
Month/Year: August 1969
Production: 1,3590
Cost: $200
Contact/Link: stlouis.craigslist.org link

Working pinball machine for sale. Purchased about 3 years ago and haven't really touched it. Been mostly collecting dust. It's fully operational.
+++++++++

According to Pinside game archive this pin is fairly boring. Maybe that's why it is collecting dust

#7514 6 years ago

Game/Type: Astro/ Wedgehead
Month/Year: Oct. 1971
Production: 500

miami.craigslist.org link

"Vintage pinball machine by D. Gottlieb. Game is ASTRO. Perfect working order. Must pick up ASAP. Great holiday gift!"
++++++++++++++++++

THis ad has been up for 22 days. If I were closer to Miami Florida I would be trying to have a closer look. The cabinet looks a little rough. After 22 days the seller might consider an offer.

#7519 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This is most certainly a "wish I was closer" moment....I've only seen one of those before. That backglass is AWESOME!! I would love that to be my next total resto....cab can be redone. Although the names chiseled into the side do give it character.

What is a rare Gottlieb like that worth? Assuming that the play field is in good condition.

#7552 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Surfer / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: October 1976
Production: 2,700
Cost: "...shoot me a offer of cash or what you have to trade."
Contact/Link: tulsa.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Game powers on but flashes game over. Don't have time to mess with it"

Wow! That thing is a parts machine only.

#7558 6 years ago

Game/Type: Boomerang / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1974
Production: 2,585
Cost: $625.00
Contact/Link: toledo.craigslist.org link

Boomerang PINBALL MACHINE Vintage Excellent Working condition FUN!!! Many lights and rubber bumpers replaced. Solid cabinet, graphics, and Back-glass Artwork. Very exciting to play. Paul Bunyan pinball machine is also for sale on the Findlay Craig's list NO TEXTS or EMAILS USE phone number in the contact section of this post.
++++++++++++++++++

This one has a little play field wear, but it looks like a cool pinball machine.

#7620 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Machine - For Sale
Sinbad projectAs is “This is a restorable project.

Have not booted it up yet, so it's as-is. All the displays and original boards are there. The MPU has a little battery damage, but it's fairly minor....”
16 days ago Ballston Spa, NY 325
ForceFlow

Like Colson says: I wish I was closer

#7627 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I had someone from Australia PM me about it this morning. It seems that everyone who might be interested is far away

Yeah, and every pin I have bought so far has been 4 hours from home minimum. My house is turning into an oasis in a pinball desert

#7642 6 years ago

No joke. Nice shape. All you need is a cabinet and back glass.

#7647 6 years ago

Game/Type: Rockmakers
Month/Year: August 1968
Production: 2420
Cost: $850.00
Contact/Link: phoenix.craigslist.org link

Selling my Rockmakers Pinball Machine. This is fully working and I have owned it for 4 years now. I have had it completely gone through and it is solid as Bally's are once you do a round of preventative maintenance on them. I got a new backglass in there so that looks great. Cabinet was painted over. Playfield is good. Low plays. This is not a reimported model, like the few other Rockmakers you might encounter. See pictures.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This one looks interesting. It is another Bally zipper flipper pin.

#7653 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Game/Type: Rockmakers
Month/Year: August 1968
Production: 2420
Selling my Rockmakers Pinball Machine. This is fully working and I have owned it for 4 years now. I have had it completely gone through and it is solid as Bally's are once you do a round of preventative maintenance on them. I got a new backglass in there so that looks great. Cabinet was painted over. Playfield is good. Low plays. This is not a reimported model, like the few other Rockmakers you might encounter. See pictures.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This one looks interesting. It is another Bally zipper flipper pin.

Pecos, Google Earth says you are ONLY 116 miles from Phoenix. You should go and chase this one It looks like 4-lane Interstate Highway the entire distance.

#7672 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Casino / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1972
Cost: $300 OBO
Contact/Link: reno.craigslist.org link
Condition: Backglass is toast. Playfield looks nice. OP: "It is working but needs minor repair."

THat was fast. 3 hours later the ad is down.

#7690 6 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

Saw this Big Game in person last week. Backglass had lots of missing red but the playfield was nearly perfect - some black trails but only one insert with wear. And very minimum wear at that. I called this afternoon to offer $300 but it was gone. Somebody got a nice playfield.
The Sharpshooter playfield looks almost as good but it too has a deteriorated backglass, lots of pinholes I could see even without lighting it up.
littlerock.craigslist.org link

Big Game is starting to get some attention. I'm starting to see some WTB ads for this pin. I need to get mine back together. I miss playing it.

#7727 6 years ago

Several months ago I started watching an Ebay auction for an EK home model. It was NOT advertised as the lesser home model. Whoever did the auction write up had some professional experience at ad writing as the writing was very polished. It was so polished that that home model EK (it was in nice condition) sold for $2200.00 !! Somebody got bent over hard on that one.

#7741 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Is it all in one piece?

Work blocks CL and FB

It is all in one piece except the legs are not attached.

Here is what the seller (who has owned it for 29 years !! ) says:

The machine was in working condition when I got it in 1989. In one of my moves, the clear glass over the area you play was broken and the cord was cut. The backlit scoring board is intact. I have the legs, but am not able to lift the machine myself to put them on. The pictures show the machine on the floor. I had someone look at it and they said it could easily be fixed, probably just needs new cords and some rubberband type things. If you know anything about pinball machines, you probably know what I mean.

#7785 6 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

Well, you talked me into trying to move on this one. Unfortunately, there is no contact information in the ad. Probably not prudent to go around Bloomfield, knocking on doors!
Will see if they update

At the bottom of the ad, CL asks you if the seller forget to provide contact information and provides a way for you to contact the seller via CL email.

#7797 6 years ago

Game/Type: Honey/4 Player
Month/Year: December 1972
Production: 6,301
Cost: $400

One poor pic but looks interesting for $400.00.

Contact/Link: shreveport.craigslist.org link

#7808 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Rolling Stones /SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1979
Production: 5,700
Cost: $350 Firm
Contact/Link: minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Condition: "I wont have time for this project. Its missing some playfield components, transformer assy. Displays, sound bd, driver bd are included but should be assumed non working. I have a box of parts I will throw in as well. extra plastics etc. The legs pf glass and end rail are included. ...If you have Bally parts around and are ambitious you can get this working again. These sell for big $ when working. Thanks!"

Get ready for it. " I wish I was closer". THat RS has a nice looking play field and back glass.

#7810 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Looks like it's missing the scoring posts on the looparounds, though. Those would be impossible to source.

I see what you are saying. I also looked closer at the back glass and it is all bubbly at the bottom.

#7832 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

In the ad, they claim to have the whole machine.
Rob
-check out my Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d?ref=3De36051
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

I hope the play field is in better shape then the back glass.

#7847 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: F-14 Tomcat / SS System 11A, 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1987
Production: 14,502
Contact/Link: atlanta.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...plays great, fast multi ball game. play field in good shape , has cash box, keys , original manual, original paint ,back glass Good ,all displays functioning."

I texted this F-14 to my contact in Atlanta. He says it is a scam " I already sold it but here is the site whee I bought it."

1 week later
#7932 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Flight 2000 / SS Widebody 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1980
Contact/Link: fortmyers.craigslist.org link
Condition: Wear on lower playfield. OP: "OK I plugged in the pinball machine and it Turned right on, Then it powered off. I can't get it to turn back on. It's a really cool machine the glass is in great condition. It also will need the rubber bumpers replaced but I saw them on eBay for $35 for the whole kit. I don't have time or the knowledge to try and get it working so I am selling the machine. I looked on Google and the first website I saw they were selling the machine for a couple thousand dollars. I'm sure you can find them cheaper but again I don't have the knowledge or time to work on it."

Wish I was closer.

#7935 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

you really do have to be quick on Craigslist.... Listing popped up today for 4 games sold as a lot (maverick, shadow, tee’d off, and slugfest) for only $5,000 and in good condition. I called him 45 minutes after it was listed and someone was already heading there with a trailer. Oh well, the hunt continues...

Somehow some of these guys get alerts when something comes up on Craigslist. They will know within 10 seconds of the ads posting. The good go fast. The rest you just keep seeing and seeing and seeing.

1 week later
#8010 6 years ago

Well Colson....here is a chance...bit of a drive for you...no price given.
Game/Type: Snow Derby / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: December 1970
Production: 1,050 (!)
Cost: ???
Contact/Link: wichita.craigslist.org link

Colson, that is NOT my Snow Derby. I don't know who is selling that one.

#8022 6 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

How was the BG?

You saw that bubbly back glass, too. I had a Playboy with the kind of bubbly. I have seen pics of several Bally's with that kind of bubbling.

3 weeks later
#8123 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Its their first post.

It is their first post but they did make a contribution to pinside and have a little red heart. That may mean something positive, or maybe not. If it was closer I would send a PM and then ask for a phone number.

1 month later
#8335 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

There is a fairly rare(but perhaps not very desirable) Fisher Skyhawk in an auction ending today: https://www.equip-bid.com/auction/3631/item/9996?offset=114
It's in Towanda, Kansas.

It is nothing I would want but it is located about 15 miles from me. If someone wants it and can make arrangements with the auction, I can go pick it up and hold it for a few days. PM me if you are interested. I'll pick it up and hold it for a few days. Nothing more than that.

1 week later
#8368 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

That's mine. Sold pending pickup.

That is a nice looking Flip Flop. FF is a fun playing pin.

1 week later
#8482 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Data East
Game/Type: Monday Night Football / SS DataEast/Sega Version 2 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1989
Production: 1,492
Cost: $750
Seller: Michael Russell
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/173543789466215/
OP: For Sale - Monday Night Football
Plays but needs flipper rebuilds and other adjustments. Goal post and moving ramp work great! A few broken plastics but Playfield is decent overall with no major wear and displays look good. Cab is rough (see pics) with some water damage underneath (sanding might fix it). Needs a backglass as it currently has a faded repro translight. Great project game.

Thanks for the link, John. I hate trying to search for anything on Facebook.

#8509 5 years ago

Game/Type: Joker Poker EM
Month/Year: 1978
Production: 820
Cost: Offer

My dad bought this to machine a long time ago but then was never able to complete it. He is no longer with us so I'm looking to sell it. It will turn on light up and the machine will count when you put a quarter in but the game won't actually start. Open to all reasonable offers. Thanks for looking. As you can see the glass on the scoreboard is gone and the door was damaged."

Rare Joker Poker EM. Needs a back glass.

EDIT: I don't know how to do strikethru lines. The JP EM is sold.

#8548 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Every time that someone converts one of these old pins into a coffee table we lose another part of our history. Someone could have bought it and restored it to playable condition, and a new generation of pinball players could be enjoying this part of our history. Instead someone who isn’t a pinball enthusiast will buy a piece of furniture so that they can look “cool” to their other non-pinball friends.

I bought a Cheetah populated play field. Half the plastics are missing. The play field needs restored. I would need to find a cabinet and back box. And back glass. I needed the parts and wiring so the play field was stripped.

1) The play field is leaning against the wall. 2) I could leave it there or hang it on the wall. 3) I have some junk pop bumper assemblies and junk flipper assemblies and spare play field glass so I could make it into a coffee table easy enough for not much money.

Pick your poison: Do you want Door #1, Door #2, or Door #3?

If a cab and back box with transformer were to come around I could put it back together, but unless Cheetahs make a large value/price jump it would be a money losing proposition chasing very rare plastics and a rare back glass.

1 week later
#8662 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
I asked the estate agent how much for the pinball machine and she said $4,000! I'm only posting this so that no one wastes their time going to the estate sale.
Manufacturer: Data East
Game/Type: Star Trek / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1991
Production: 4,400
Cost: $4,000 (!)
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Glenview/60025/1889730
DATES: THU 06/07 - SAT 06/09

Any estate sale I have been to usually starts out at a high price on day 1. On day 2 the price decreases---sometimes by half. On Day 3 the prices get reduced again. And some times you can make an offer on Day 1 and get a deal. And sometimes you can make an offer and leave your phone number and will get a call to bring your money. True, the estate seller might use your offer to play off of, but all of this is like getting a date. You won't know until you ask.

It is sort of like an auction in reverse.

These estate sellers don't want to be dragging this stuff home. They have a deadline.

If I wanted this pin and the drive was not too far, I would chance it.

#8687 5 years ago

Bluespin, you should check out this Mr. and Mrs. Pacman. It is only about 50 miles from you. In the pic the back glass looks good. A lot of these Bally back glass of the era like to get all bubbly.

The play field is not perfect but looks better than others I have seen pics of.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man / SS AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1982
Production: 10,600
Cost: $450 Firm
Contact/Link: nwga.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This Pinball machine isn't perfect. Today, was the first time is was plugged in about a year.
I started rebuilding it and other interests and projects have come up. Nothing real horrible with it. It's a playable project. Needs, a couple of displays rebuilt, the pacmaze works but I do have one of the IC's hacked with a jumper to put Voltages into the correct range(kind of hard to explain). It's a $2 IC, I've just never gotten around to it.....The old one is fading just barely out of limit and I tied it down a little on that leg to make it work(if that makes any sense at all haha)
Also needs...Drop targets, they are so brittle I broke 3 in one game. will also need some of the connectors and plugs changed.
The plastic is great!! The MPU was rebuilt by me, isn't a "Professional" looking job, but I'm confident that it's rock solid for a long time. Everything on the board is new. Along with the updated Ram to delete the battery.
Ok...So, if anyone is interested? It needs to go quick! I have to clear this space out soon. Once I move this thing to storage I'll pull the ad. I thought I'd throw it on here for what I'd let it go for before I have to move it. It's not perfect, but a solid start for a resto. $450 Firm.... The pop bumper caps aren't in the pics, but I do have them."

#8704 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Six Sticks / EM 6 Player
Features: IPDB: "...the first 6-player production pinball machine."
Month/Year: August 1965
Production: 1,410
Cost: $150
Seller: Sean Coughran
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/173543789466215/permalink/1030026247151294/?sale_post_id=1030026247151294&rt=11
OP: Bally Six Sticks project machine. Game is complete, needs shop out and whatever else to get it going. I don’t work on EMs, so available to whoever else wants to tackle this one.
Photos show condition, brighter spot in middle of playfield is where I cleaned it a bit to make sure the grime would come up. Chrome on lockdown bar corners is rough.
Comes with a set of schematics I found in the cabinet.

I bought my Stern Nine Ball from this guy a couple of years ago. He is s nice guy. It was a great transaction.

#8710 5 years ago

Here is a Bally Hang Glider populated play field with wiring harness. Some play field wear. $100.00. It is worth that for parts.

Game/Type: Hang Glider/ 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1979
Production: 2,325
Cost: $100.00

albuquerque.craigslist.org link

It is also on Ebay for $250.00.

ebay.com link: like

Maybe someone has an empty cabinet and back glass.

It would make a good looking coffee table which would be a shame because it has some good reviews.

#8780 5 years ago

I have you all beat.

1600 miles one way for one pin.

I just got back from a 1000 mile one trip for the last pin on my shopping list.

When they are low in numbers and hot machines you have to do what you have to do.

#8781 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Neptune / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1978
Production: 270 (!)
Cost: $1,000
Link/Contact: madison.craigslist.org link
Price is high but it is in great shape, and they only produced 270 of them.
OP: Selling our 1978 Gottlieb Neptune Pinball Machine.
Pinball machine works and is in great condition other than the rubber on one of the flippers breaking.
Must be able to pick up and remove from our basement before June 25.

I'm surprised no one has jumped on this Neptune. This is a Add-A-Ball version of Hit The Deck. Between the two pins less than 800 were produced.

This one looks like it is in good shape.

Some one made a lucky shot on a HTD for $450.00 in Oklahoma but it needed some work. The last HTD I remember being sold was for around $2500.00.

#8852 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Well, this absolutely breaks my heart. of the hundreds of games I played at ReplayFX two summers ago, Fairy was the one that charmed me the most and I absolutely fell in love with it. One finally comes up for sale and it's on the other side of the continent. Bummer. I hope a Pinsider grabs it and gives it the love it deserves.

Quoted from bluespin:

Navl will probably charge $500. It sounds like the seller isn’t motivated by money, but wants it to go to someone that will enjoy it. Call the seller, tell him what you told us about Replayfx, and ask if he can come down to $300 so that you can have Navl pick it up. Then it costs you $800 for a rare pin.

Quoted from ZNET:

STI/Beltmann/NAVL (i.e. Michelle Bianchi) would likely cost closer to $400, ground floor to ground floor) from CA to Ohio. At $900 total, including shipping, the purchase of that Fairy is certainly within the value range for that title in good condition. It is unlikely that another will surface for sale anytime soon.

PAPA owns one. A Pinsider on the east coast owns one. One for sale in L.A. That's a count 3. No production numbers. It looks super clean. Not perfect but super clean. I do not see any back glass flaking. Play field has one hickey at the tip of the left flipper.

You should follow the advise of the others and go for this. It has to be worth $500.00. Assuming it would cost you $900.00 the worst that could happen is that you could be in it for $400.00 too much if you had to sell. Do you think it would give you $400.00 of play time value if you owned it?

It sounds like the widow's husband died many years ago and she is finally to the point she can let it go.

If "Fairy was the one that charmed me the most and I absolutely fell in love with it. " I would not think twice about pulling the trigger.

1 week later
#9036 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I am debating making an offer on this one, but I know nothing about em maintenance and I already have a lot of ss projects. I asked the seller to add some close up pictures of the backglass, under the playfield and inside of the cabinet. What are people's opinions of this title, and it's condition? Do you think it would be a major project to get it running again?
Game/Type: On Beam / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1968
Production: 1,150 (!)
Cost: $500 OBO
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Vintage On Beam Bally Pinball Machine
OP: Really nice condition, will take pics of anything all parts there, non working, parts only, as is, make offer must sell, please pay within 48 hours

John, Cactus Jacks in Oklahoma City has a well maintained On Beam. It's not a bad pin but having an idea of the types of pins you like, I think you would tire of it quickly. I played it a few times and it offers a different type of challenge. But I like fast, hard-hitting flippers and On Beam is not that type of pin.

#9052 5 years ago

Game/Type: Sky Line / EM
Mo/Year: February 1965
Production: 2000
Cost: 350.00

Link/Contact: nwks.craigslist.org link

"FOR SALE: Antique pinball machine. Stored in a garage so it needs a little dusting off and attention. Great for the game collector.

29 pinsiders own one. 10 pinsiders are wishing for one.

#9055 5 years ago

All (5) games for $150

Yeah, I know. How does one shorten a highway?

#9057 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Thanks for the lead. I sent the seller an email

Good Luck !! My house is full of pins. My garage is full on pins. My bank account is near empty. It's not the miles. I'd have to rent a truck/trailer. I don't know how to repair EMs. I'd have to part them out. I am trying to not turn into a hoarder. But $30.00 each sounds like a deal.

#9064 5 years ago

Joker Poker for sale in Albuerque N.M.

Price $450.00

I don't figure JP needs any introduction

albuquerque.craigslist.org link

#9096 5 years ago

Is this a rare pin looking for a back box? Or is it a parts queen and coffee table candidate?

Moulin Rouge $125.00.

12 pinsiders own it. 7 pinsiders want it. #43 in the EM 100 list.

phoenix.craigslist.org link

#9097 5 years ago

Anybody need a decent looking used Bally Eight Ball play field?

phoenix.craigslist.org link

$100.00. Been up for sale for 3 weeks.

#9098 5 years ago

Game/Type: Paddock / EM l 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1969
Production: 1952
Cost: $550.00

19 pinsiders own it. 4 pinsiders want it.

#9099 5 years ago

Game/Type: Odds & Evens/ EM l 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1973
Production: 2570
Cost: $500.00

28 pinsiders own it. 1 pinsiders want it.

#9100 5 years ago

Game/Type: Genie wide body/
Month/Year: October 1979
Production: 6800

173 pinsiders own it. 133 pinsiders want it.

#9101 5 years ago

Game/Type: Jolly Roger---test sample game.
Month/Year: October 1966
Production: 100 to 150
Cost: $750.00

0 pinsiders own it. pinsiders want it.

Contact/Link: mohave.craigslist.org link

This is a rare pin. 3502 Jolly Roger pins were produced. Of that 3502, only 100 to 150 of this test sample was produced.

Source: https://pinside.com/pinball/search?q=jolly+roger

If rare is your thing........

#9102 5 years ago

Game/Type: Sea Ray
Month/Year: Sept. 1971
Production: 1300
Cost: $400.00

26 pinsiders own it. 16 pinsiders want it.

Contact/Link: inlandempire.craigslist.org link

#9104 5 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I used to have a Jolly Roger ... what the difference / significance of the test sample? I.e., how could you tell?

This link: https://pinside.com/pinball/search?q=jolly+roger

EXCEPT THAT I READ it backwards. The one for sale is NOT the rare unit. Sorry.

#9108 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Damn...road trip!

1900 miles. Call STI.

#9186 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Meteor / SS
Year: September 1979
Production: 7,939
OP: Meteor pinball machine. Needs some work. Lights come on. No pinball. Front door stays open, need re keyed. Some of the rubber? Or plastic? Inside need to be replaced. I really don't know much about it. It's been in my garage for years and had plans to bring it inside but I really need the cash.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Crap, I was 10 miles from Richland Hills two days ago. Now I'm home. Blah.

#9190 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

What are you complaining about Craig? It’s only 18 hours round trip for you.

Actually, it is 12 hours RT but he already has it locked up with a "pending pick up" but I told him I will buy if that falls thru.

#9195 5 years ago

This is another scam. I just hit it as prohibited. Y'all please do the same.

dallas.craigslist.org link

#9205 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I saw that one yesterday. At $595 why not just buy it now. If it were closer to me I know I would have.

Because it just sold for $455.00. Sometimes it pays to take chances.

#9216 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Cost:
Pinsider: cottonm4
OP: I have a Gottlieb Snow Derby pinball for sale. This is a project pinball. It does not run and I don't know how to repair electromechanical pinball machines. It does turn on and the lights in the back box light up. But nothing else happens. Beats me.
The machine was sitting for a number of years and it is apparent that the previous owner was a heavy smoker. I have cleaned the play field up but the cabinet is a nicotine stained mess. The back glass in mint condition. There are no missing parts. Everything is there.
Snow Derby is the 2-player cousin to the 4-player Snow Queen. 1400 units were produced.
Asking $375.00. Would consider doing some trading around for an early solid state pinball.

This one is mine. I give up on EMs. Within 15 minutes of placing the ad, I got hit with a scammer wanting my address etc so he could deposit a "US Bank" check in my bank account and when I had the cash he then would have his movers come and pick up the pin.

Me: That sounds interesting. What is your name and where are you from? Who are the movers you will be using?

He: My name is Terry B????. I am in Angleton Tx. I'll send a check to your bank yada yada.

Me: Who are your movers? What bank in Angleton are you using.

He: Just send me your account info and we can get this set up.

Me: I don't do business that way. You send me the check and I will call your bank to verify the funds are there. If they are there I will deposit the check. Who are you using as your movers?

That finally got rid of him.

#9218 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

But sometimes it doesn’t. I have learned that if it’s a machine I want I may as well just pay the price. No sense in losing it over a little cash. I obviously have no i sea how much @ibuypinballs paid for it but I’m guessing the difference would have been less than $100.

Good point. I stand corrected. I have had to pay up for some that I now have.

To date, the entertainment value has compensated for the "would you like for me to dig a little deeper" prices.

And prices keep magically keep creeping up to "how much is that selling for now"?

#9222 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

What is a reasonable price Seawitch, say player game with some PF wear?
Just ballpark.

Hmmm.....$1000.00-$1200.00 plus. Probably more on the plus.

He started out in the $2000.00s and kept lowering the ask. I don't know what it sold for but it is nice play field. No back glass. Needs board work.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-seawitch-5

#9249 5 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I inquired on this Space Time, but the listing had been up for 12 hours before I found it and so I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm sure it's probably been snatched up already.

You cannot make that assumption. Perhaps the seller has been flooded with messages. If you are serious about buying email the seller again and tell them you are a serious buyer. Email them everyday until they get sick enough of you to respond back.

I'm not saying which pin but when I saw the ad it was tagged "pending pick up". I emailed and said if the sale fell thru that I had the cash. The next day I emailed again and heard nothing. This morning I looked at the ad again and saw the the "pending pick up" had been removed. I emailed again and said "this my 3rd email to you. I see the "pending pick up" has been removed. I have a relative that lives 10 miles from you and I can have the cash in your hand today. Please call."

Later on I got a text saying "all your emails have been received. But I have a lot of emails and you are down lower on the list, but you are the only one who sounds serious. I am dealing with no-shows, cancellations, people asking me to take less and just generally rude people. When could your relative bring the cash and when can you pick the pin up."

***The money was delivered this afternoon and I leave on Thursday to make the pick up. ***

If you want it, don't assume that no answer means it is already sold. Keep sending emails. The worse the seller can do is to tell you to FO.

#9312 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Meteor / SS
Year: September 1979
Production: 7,939
OP: Meteor pinball machine. Needs some work. Lights come on. No pinball. Front door stays open, need re keyed. Some of the rubber? Or plastic? Inside need to be replaced. I really don't know much about it. It's been in my garage for years and had plans to bring it inside but I really need the cash.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Quoted from bluespin:

Cost:
Pinsider: cottonm4
OP: I have a Gottlieb Snow Derby pinball for sale. This is a project pinball. It does not run and I don't know how to repair electromechanical pinball machines. It does turn on and the lights in the back box light up. But nothing else happens. Beats me.
The machine was sitting for a number of years and it is apparent that the previous owner was a heavy smoker. I have cleaned the play field up but the cabinet is a nicotine stained mess. The back glass in mint condition. There are no missing parts. Everything is there.
Snow Derby is the 2-player cousin to the 4-player Snow Queen. 1400 units were produced.
Asking $375.00. Would consider doing some trading around for an early solid state pinball.

With this Meteor now home safe and sound, I can tell the story.

Bluespin posted about a Meteor for sale in Richland Hills Texas. I had been staying with relative in Ft. Worth for 8 days and only 10 miles from Richland Hills. Two days after I get home to Kansas, this ad comes up. The timing just sucked. When I looked at the CL ad it had been up for 20 hours and had "pickup pending". I emailed and said if the sale fell thru that I would buy at ask price and that I had the cash. I did not hear anything.

On day #2, I emailed again and again I heard nothing.

On this same day, I placed a CL ad for a Snow Derby I was selling. With in 15 minutes a local guy contacted me but backed away. With in 30 minutes I got my 1st scammer. Then I got a call from a guy in Iowa that did a good job of sounding serious and asked for more pics to which I obliged. To his credit, he called me back and started giving excuse of why he could not drive 600 miles. Not a problem. I understand and I appreciate the return call which was not necessary.

On day #3, I got my 2nd scammer. I had fun chumming these guys---but that is another story.

On day #4, in the morning, I looked at the Meteor ad again and saw the the "pick up pending had been removed. I emailed again and said this was the 3rd time I had emailed and that I saw the "pick up pending" had been removed. I have the cash. I will pay your ask price. I have a sister-in-law who can deliver the money and I can come down and make the pick up.

My girlfriend and I have to leave for Oklahoma for a funeral.

Part #1: The ice cream sundae.

About the time we arrive in the town where the funeral was at I got a text message. " I got all three of your emails. I am so frustrated. I have been dealing with no-shows and cancellations, people wanting to talk me down on price and just rude people. I got a lot of emails and I am trying to be fair and go down the line. You are still aways from the top but you are the only one who sounds serious. When can your sister-in-law come buy and when can you come down to pick up?

I got with S-I-L and "she can have the money to you today and I can come down on Thursday. We make a deal. I make my plans to return to Ft. Worth so I can pick up the Meteor in RICHLAND HILLS.

I got it all arranged before the funeral started. Whew. On Tuesday July 10, at 10:30am, out in the ether somewhere, I now own a Meteor.

Part #2: The cherry on top.

That afternoon, about 5:30pm, my girlfriend and I were in her back yard cleaning her fish pond. I went in to the house and hear my phone ringing. I miss the call but see that the caller was from RICHLAND HILLS. I am not used to seeing cities named when a call comes in; I am used to seeing phone numbers when the caller is not in my contact list. But I figure the seller of the Meteor is trying contact me. Wrong.

In short order, my mystery caller and I make contact. It was not my Meteor seller.

Instead, on the other end of the line, I have a guy calling my asking about my Snow Derby for sale. When we talk I know that I am talking to a collector. He asked for more pics and I obliged. He called me right back and said he wanted to buy my Snow Derby, "but I am having trouble with figuring out the shipping logistics."

I said, "Man, this is your lucky day. I just bought a pin that is living about 10 miles from you and I am coming down on Thursday to pick it up and I can deliver Snow Derby myself and save you the shipping."

I left Wichita early Thursday morning and delivered Snow Derby at 1:30pm.

My seller for the Meteor works weird hours so I hit a couple of pawn shops and Harbor Freight to kill time. At 4:pm, I backed into the Meteor seller's driveway. At 5:00pm I was loaded up and on over to my S-I-Ls to get some sleep. I left Ft. Worth this morning. Tomorrow I will unload Meteor.

It is a project. The back glass has flaked away. It lived in this seller's garage for three years. Before that it lived in his boss's barn for I don't know how many years. The cab in planked. But the play field will clean up real nice; It has some very light swirling and NO flameouts at all around the inserts.

I sold a pin that I no longer wanted and got a pin that I can use. The shippers got cheated. And my buyer has a real good EM mechanic who can get Snow Derby up and running.

Everybody is happy---except the shippers and they don't know.

How is that for living right? You can't make this stuff up.

#9336 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

cottonm4
Great story! Can't wait to see pics of your new Meteor!!

You asked.

The play field: Dirty but not worn at all. Lots of loose inserts.

The plastics are dirty but complete with no broken ones. I bought this pin as a donor for a Stargazer build. But this play field is too nice to die. Not sure what my plans are now. It won't take much to clean up so maybe I will restore it and clear it. I just do not want to get buried in a Meteor.

IMG_7423 (resized).JPGIMG_7423 (resized).JPG

The back glass: The see-thru model with an excellent chrome package.

IMG_7434 (resized).JPGIMG_7434 (resized).JPG

The cab is solid. Needs restored.

IMG_7429 (resized).JPGIMG_7429 (resized).JPG

#9384 5 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

has it been in the bottom of a lake

You probably should have refrained from using this part. When you are wanting something it never hurts to go into ass kissing mode. Just ask any politician.

#9389 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This is one game that no one would mind if you turned it into a coffee table. Just make sure to buy one of those clown puke led kits on EBay.

Well, I see that you are getting more discriminating. But at least save the cabinet

#9411 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Damn. That's good info! I was under the assumption the transformer was the same throughout that generation. Ah well!

The earlier Sterns used the 16B-3 transformer. This transformer was last used on Magic. Then Meteor arrived and the 16B-6 was started up.

The only difference between the two in that the flippers are fused with a 5 amp fuse on the 16B-3. And the 16B-6 fused the flippers with a 7 amp fuse.

#9413 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

So the 16B-3 and 16B-6 are interchangeable with the appropriate fuse substitution? Would the rectifier board need to be changed as well?

I know of one Star Gazer builder who went with the 16B-3. I have not heard of him having any troubles. As far as I know, and I really don't know much, is what the flipper differences would be and why it was stepped up to 7 amps. Maybe the difference lies with the MPU-100 vs MPU-200?

Here is the kicker: The 16B-6 in my Big Game, Seawitch, and Catacomb are a large size transformer while the Dragonfist which is also a 16B-6 is a smaller size that matches the size of the 16B-3.

I cannot think of a reason why the rectifier board would be different. I put a Rottendog board in the Bog Game and I don't recall having to make a decision as to which Stern it would fit.

#9468 5 years ago

Game/Type: Big Brave / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: June 1974
Production: 3,450
Cost: $250
Contact/Link: orlando.craigslist.org link

60 pinsiders own it. 16 want it.

#9469 5 years ago

Game/Type: Meteor / SS 4 Player
Production: 8,362

284 pinsiders own it 137 want it.

Stern Meteor Pinball Machine. Has been in storage a number of years and no longer works. Battery has not corroded the board. Looks good. Pictures will be posted later this week. Located in Reynolds, Ga. which is about 100 miles S. of Atlanta, 50 miles from Columbus and about 12 miles from Ft. Valley. May be seen on Thur.,Fri. or Sat. during daylight hours. No text. Prefer email or phone up to 10 P.M.

#9470 5 years ago

Game/Type: Spanish Eyes EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March1972
Production: 3,905
Cost: $650
Contact/Link: chicago.craigslist.org link

Selling my 1972 Williams Spanish Eyes pinball machine for $650 or best offer. Super fun middle pop electro mechanical game with a really unique art package - and it works 100%. Game was fully shopped not long ago - playfield teardown, pop bumpers and flippers completely rebuilt, new rubbers, new posts, all metal polished. It's been modified to work with a 3-bell Gottlieb chime instead of the crappy, single bar chime unit it came with - this makes a huge difference in the fun factor.

- Backglass is a new BGResto reproduction (perfect, but not original)
- Playfield above average and CLEAN - looks and plays great
- Cabinet is average for its age
- 3-bar Gottieb chimes make it SING

#9471 5 years ago

Manufacturer: Atari
Game/Type: Airborne Avenger
Month/Year: Sept. 1977
Production: 3,420
Contact/Link: kansascity.craigslist.org link

NOT WORKING - Atari Airborne Avenger - PINBALL MACHINE - NOT WORKING

$600 FIRM - This will part out for more on ebay , That is what I plan to do if it does not sell for the $600

call or txt 8one63nine0four2seven5

NO SPAM , NO LO-BALLERS

#9472 5 years ago

Game/Type: Time Warp
Month/Year: Sept. 1979
Production: 8,875
Cost: $500

152 pinsiders own it 33 want it.

Contact/Link: tulsa.craigslist.org link

Time Warp Pinball by Williams- This pinball is ONE of only TWO pinball machines made by Williams to use "banana flippers" .
*This is a project Pinball*.. This pinball will power up ; but displays do not work..I have not spent a lot of time on this pinball because i have too many projects in front of it..( I suspect the power supply board is the culprit ) the price is $ 500.00 FIRM ...cash only , and phone calls only please..

#9487 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Game/Type: Meteor / SS 4 Player
Production: 8,362
284 pinsiders own it 137 want it.
Stern Meteor Pinball Machine. Has been in storage a number of years and no longer works. Battery has not corroded the board. Looks good. Pictures will be posted later this week. Located in Reynolds, Ga. which is about 100 miles S. of Atlanta, 50 miles from Columbus and about 12 miles from Ft. Valley. May be seen on Thur.,Fri. or Sat. during daylight hours. No text. Prefer email or phone up to 10 P.M.

Bluespin, Are you going to go chase this one? Not too far from you. Play field does not look bad. It has been up for 18 days. This is getting onto make an offer time.

#9577 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I want that bad.

It is only 208 miles away. That is waling distance. You should not deprive yourself

#9579 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Craig you are retired I was going to suggest that Bill pay you to go pick that up

Well, I am closer. It is only 187 miles away. And I do love road trips. images-4 (resized).jpgimages-4 (resized).jpg

#9591 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Rare find--I'm surprised the ad is still up. The price is certainly right.

Where would you find parts for it?

#9609 5 years ago

Not a project pin.

Someone in Haltom City Texas has an Asteroid Annie back glass for sale. Only 211 copies of this pin were produced. I"m out of money and out of room and it does not sound like the seller wants to ship. Sorry this is not a project pin but this back glass seems so rare that I thought I would put it up.

Seller is also selling a Middle Earth back glass. I don't know if the price is $100.00 for the pair or $100.00 each.

dallas.craigslist.org link

Good Luck.

#9641 5 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

What an awesome deal!!! and only $500

Looks like someone is trying to jerk a few chains. Everybody on CL thinks their pin is made of gold.

#9644 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

It’s probably someone who reads this forum and wants to get a rise out of all of us.

Maybe, but I think he is frustrated with this kind of shit.

This is a completely restored 1979 Hulk Pinball machine 4 player coin operated may be set for free play also. It has new rubber lights and as you can see playfield is in very good condition along with the cabnit,.....

Me: There are not ant good pics of the CABNIT. The play field is dirty with lots of swirl marks. I guess everybody has a different idea of what restored means.

$2100.00 !!
Or this Mata Hari for $1400.00. It is not working. It is dirty. and a "nick here and there". "will go fast". Not at $1400.00

Old pin ball machine
Needs a few things done to it to get it working
But in greater shape and colorful
A nick here and there--
I have a contact name that repairs these things cheap
Must see , will go fast ---
Pick up only
1450.00 or OBO

#9661 5 years ago

This looks like a scam. I hit it as prohibited. Get rid of him.

gadsden.craigslist.org link

#9662 5 years ago

Here he is again. Hammer him .

bham.craigslist.org link

#9704 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man / SS AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1982
Production: 10,600
Contact/Link: tampa.craigslist.org link
OP: Mr. & Mrs Pacman pinball machine. Not working correctly.
Me: Really nice looking playfield

I agree. That play field is tops.

#9727 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Free BIG STRIKE in Tuscon, AZ posted in FOR SALE here on Pinside about 12 hours ago. Why is that not long gone? Might have been listed here before but I just discovered it about 5 minutes ago when looking at current post on forum.

That pin has a nice looking play field and back glass.

#9803 5 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Exhibit
Game/Type: Tumbleweed / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: August 1949
Production: ??
Cost: $199 BIN
Contact/Link: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: "OFFERED HERE IS A "TUMBLEWEED" 1949 EXIBIT SUPPLY PINBALL MACHINE IN AS FOUND CONDITION. THE PLAYFIELD LOOKS GREAT AS DOES THE CABINET THERE IS NO BACKGLASS IT HAS IT ORIGINAL FRONT DOOR WITH COIN MECH. THIS IS A WOOD RAIL PINBALL MACHINE WITH FLIPPERS. GOOD FOR PARTS AND/OR REPAIR"

Well, is it in New York? Or is it in San Francisco?

1 week later
#9992 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I'd be interested in knowing more about the Blackout. Does anyone live near Milford and can go check it out for me, possibly buy it for me and drop it at a Fastenal store?

Talk to me about this "drop it at a Fastenal store". I have checked with two local Fastenal stores about shipping a pin. Both stores store tell me I have to do everything---including supplying the pallet. I called the national number for clarity on this pallet business. Corporate parroted what the two stores said, "you have to furnish the pallet". That ain't gonna fking happen.

#9997 5 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Why has this been listed for more than a year? **Reduced price $275**
glensfalls.craigslist.org link

That's a good question. This is the add-a-ball version of Magic City.

Here is a video. It looks like it would be fun to play.

#10004 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

You can usually find a pallet or ten outside grocery stores like Kroger, around the back where the semis deliver. Buy a $10 pack of the neon orange ratchet straps at Harbor Freight...maybe a roll of shrinkwrap and cardboard or whatever your padding items of choice are when shipping. When you have it all packed and strapped to the pallet, take it to the back door at the Fastenal store. Knock on the back door, give them the password, and they'll take your pallet and ship it.

Yeah, sure. I drive a Saturn station wagon. I have room to move one pin with a removable back box. No room to haul an empty pallet, let alone one carrying a pinball machine.

#10014 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Ok and I drive a Volt. I could probably get it done or rent a truck if the game was priced right. If you want it done you gotta put in a bit of effort or cash to make it happen.

It's a long story and its not not for me.

#10047 5 years ago

One of those estate sales things.

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Lake-Forest/60045/1959729

Starts tomorrow. Lake Forest Ill.

There are:

1) Xenon.......................Bally

2) Tales from the Crypt....Data East

3) Wipeout......................Gottlieb

#10048 5 years ago

Wizard......Bally

Wizard looks nice for what I can tell.

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/River-Forest/60305/1922979

Starts tomorrow 8-17-18

River Forest Ill.

#10049 5 years ago

Rancho......Williams

https://www.estatesales.net/GA/Cumming/30040/1955466

Sale starts Sept. 7

Cumming GA

#10050 5 years ago

Disco.......Stern

https://www.estatesales.net/AZ/Mesa/85209/1950558

Sales starts 8-16 .....today

Mesa AZ

1 week later
#10173 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

Distinct smell of scam in the air.

There is a phone number to call.

For damn sure I wish I was closer. I would make the call.

1 week later
#10324 5 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Meteor(ite?)
Cab only it seems, playfield looks nice in the pics
Elk River MN $50
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

That's a nice looking Meteor play field. If I were closer............

#10325 5 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Meteor(ite?)
Cab only it seems, playfield looks nice in the pics
Elk River MN $50

You are only 48 miles from that Meteor. You should consider picking it up.

#10341 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

......you'd still be 4-1/2 hours behind me.

ROTF here

24 hours later and it is still for sale. Don't those Minnesota boys know what they are missing?

#10391 5 years ago

Torture....

4 days later and that $50.00 Meteor is still listed as for sale. Someone, please tell me you bought this and the seller just did not take his ad down.

#10423 5 years ago
Quoted from entomophile:

This one is mine now.

I love that back glass !

1 week later
#10566 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

PARTS ONLY - CABINET HEAD ONLY
Game/Type: Rawhide / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: April 1977
Production: 1,200
Cost: $75
Link/Contact: worcester.craigslist.org link
Me: PM me for seller's cell# (508 area code). Seller has head with all internal mechanisms and backglass.

I wish I was closer. I would love to have that back glass.

#10608 5 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Sorry the Mendocino one should be several smiley faces...

Maybe. Maybe not. That's a rare pin. Only 350 produced

#10617 5 years ago

Think he’d take 2k?

Offer him 2K and find out. You would shit if he said "yes".

Quoted from Colsond3:

Maybe he’ll use some of the proceeds to buy a new fridge...or maybe at least take some Magic Eraser and isopropyl to it. [quoted image]

Maybe he is a contractor hired to tear a house down and this old pin was just sitting there. It has happened before.

Sure he will claim HOU on the fridge

Ask yourself what is different about this old pin in this ad. I'll answer it for you: The seller had the moxie to clean and shine the glass before he took his pics. On most of these old barn find pins we are lucky if the seller even touched the dusty glass before they put up their CL pics.

I won't say his pics are the best but at least you can see the play field is not completely roached and you get a halfway decent look at the back glass. Compare these pics to some where the best you get is a pic of the back glass taken from 30 feet away and there is either so much dust or glare on the play field glass you can see nothing.

I'm betting this guy knows he has something that is quite rare. But he does not know what it is worth so he is going to start high priced. And then see what kind of offers he gets. And I'm betting that he is going to be getting some offers on this. And he can always come down on the price.

#10619 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Start at 1500 maybe. Start at 3K? He needs to bring it down to about $700, if that, in that condition.
And a barn find, maybe. No evidence at this point. Could very well be somebody’s shed or garage.

I don't disagree. There have been several Gottlieb wedge heads stuck on CL for weeks around here. They are all in the $700.00 range and they are not moving at those prices.

It could be a shed. A barn. A lean-to on the back of the house. It has not been living a life of luxury. I can hardly blame him for starting with the outsized price when I see all of the idiot prices fools throw on their pins because of what they see on Ebay.

I'm not at all interested in this pin. He can price it where ever he wants. But there are a couple of rare pins I would like to have and if I saw an ad like this for one of those rare pins I would be calling the guy and see if we could work up a serious price.

This guy is the opposite of a sale I stumbled into on Oklahoma CL several months ago. A kid put up a very rare pin for sale for $300.00. It was a rare EM version of a popular SS pin. I sent him a CL email and told him what he had and that his price was way too low. He changed his price and got an offer of $1,000.00 and took it. I thought he could have gotten more but he had bills to pay and took the offer. So, I cost somebody $700.00 more than they would have had to pay if I had not come around. And I helped a guy out and kept him from getting fleeced.

That kind of shark action is not going to happen to the guy with this rare pin.

3 weeks later
#10814 5 years ago

Game/Type: Pat Hand / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1975
Production: 6,500
Cost: $450 obo
Pinsider: jayzuran
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70151

Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Satin Doll / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: March 1975
Production: 2,400
Cost: $125 OBO
Link/Contact: greensboro.craigslist.org link
OP: Vintage pinball machine. Lights up but does not work. $125 OBO.

For anybody interested, Satin Doll is the two player version of Pat Hand. Satin Doll has a cool back glass. Pat Hand has the prettier play field, IMO.

#10844 5 years ago

Even in American Pickers they picked a guy with loads of EMs and mentioned that only certain ones are worth big money and they won't even bother with any of the common titles. They bought a Wizard! on Pickers

I think I saw that episode. There was one AP episode where Wizard was the subject of conversation and the owner/seller was talking about the "dirty" themes on the back glass. My knowledge suggest he had his facts wrong. Bally Captain Fantastic has the dirty back glass with the girl shoving her hands down the guy's pants. I have not heard of Wizard offending anyone's sensibilities.

#10847 5 years ago

No backglass but hope someone snags this! Decent price and it doesn’t look like it’s too devastated!

BG Resto has the Sweet Hearts back glass on file. So not having a back glass is not a problem.

#10906 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I talked to him twice, and he has indicated that nobody has offered him more than 400. With how rare this game is, I’m surprised it has sat there as well. I don’t mind doing a full resto on a second one, given that I’m so familiar with the game now.

Well, shit, man, who would want to offer anything with a play field glass clogged up with anything he did have room for on the floor? All he says is that it is vintage with out any mention of rarity. It looks like a trash heap. Is there even a play filed in there? His pics are worth about 10 words.

He should get his finger out if his ...ah..ear and learn some marketing 101.

But I hope you get it if you want it.

1 week later
#10979 5 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Interested buyers be warned that the game doesn't work and both cab and playfield are planked end-to-end

The back glass is bubbling, as well.

2 weeks later
#11127 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This time it’s Howling Wolf

Don't forget to load up Sonny Boy Williamson as you are making the avatar rounds.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 12.27.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-18 at 12.27.38 PM (resized).png

1 week later
#11162 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

AUCTION
Game/Type: Flight 2000 / SS Widebody
Year: October 1980
Cost: ????
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Bensenville/60106/2074998
DATES: TU 11/27

That is a nice looking Flight 2000. Nice play field. Nice back glass. Back box wiring not plugged in. Someone should get a good deal on that. And add an Alltek MPU.

#11177 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

We are the Northern most, Eastern most and Westernmost state out of all 50

You are northwest of the west coast. How do you come up with "Eastern most" ? I don't understand.

#11233 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

That was posted in Alaska too. I think it $120 up here.

I'm glad the earthquake did not eat you up.

#11240 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Me too! We were almost at the center. Some of the pics on the news are a mile from my house.

Nothing can prepare you for the experience of when your house starts rocking like boat in rough water. There is nothing like it.

#11294 5 years ago

Bad Cats for sale in New Jersey.

Looks like it will clean up nicely.

https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Florham-Park/07932/2079228

#11298 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I visited the seller and bought the speakeasy.
He still has a williams OXO machine (working), an incredibly rare 1950 bally turf king, williams casanova, gottleib Mayfair, and gottleib grand slam. He is looking to sell individually or give an incredible bulk price.

And your 2nd pin was not on your wish list They will really start multiplying now.

#11318 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Beware on this one! One of the photos of the Dipsy Doodle is absolutely my photo I took when I listed my game. I didn't end up selling it. Looks like the photos of this game are four different machines.

Nice catch. Definitely pics of at least two different play fields.

#11347 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I probably read it and forgot to post it. Someone repainted the cabinet white.

A Pretty Baby is for sale on Pinside for $650.00. 1300 produced. The cabinet paint is still on this one.

8 pinsiders own it.

Nobody has this game on this game on their wish list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-1965-williams-pretty-baby

#11362 5 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

If only there were a kind of tape that would allow light to pass through...

Ask and you shall receive.

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-ADHGGTCLR-07164000719-Crystal-1-Pack/dp/B00EUGCT22/ref=asc_df_B00EUGCT22/

1 week later
#11392 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Let me know what you have...I’d be happy to. I’ll take that GNR too

I'd fight you for that GNR.

1 week later
#11458 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Man, I miss my Mystic. Would love to have another one of those.

I have no room. But that Mystic is only 190 miles from me. It looks like in good condition. It is tempting.

#11476 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

cottonm4 You up for a drive to grab both of these for me?

It is 190 miles one way. I have the time to make the drive. Only have a way to haul one pin. Not sure if I can haul a DMD pin, though.

I could put myself out for hire, I suppose.

Fly me to KS. Rent me a U-Haul truck. Do Paypal for the pins. I can bring them back here and you can call STI. Pay me for my efforts.

#11481 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You’re good peeps Craig, thanks for the offer. By the time I add all those costs, I’d be better off looking for fully restored EATPM’s and TAF’s locally.
I would actually do it and have no problem compensating you for your time if I could guarantee I would get each game for under $2k. But with auctions, they do research, I’d have the premium and fees to pay, and they will certainly go for normal values.

Yeah, I know. The long distance pin alway sucks. And you are correct, the auction dealers and estate sellers are aware of the markets for the what they are selling. If you find a bargain it is usually a POS.

I was thinking of making the chase for that Mystic in the same neighborhood but after I watched some YT vids of Mystic I know it is not my style of pin. When it comes to that type of Bally play field, I'm more of a Strikes-n-Spares guy.

#11489 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I've contacted a lot of these estate sales companies; to find out the title of the pin, ask pricing questions, etc. This seller says that they won't give out pricing information before the sale. They get a lot of requests for information prior to the sale. In the past when I asked for pricing, and their posting said that they won't give out pricing, they've never replied to me.

I imagine people calling for prices before the sale is sort of like people showing up in your driveway at 5am for a garage sale that you advertised as open at 7am.

Still, I do not understand how any harm would be done by giving out pricing info before the sale. They could increase their customer base with published pricing. I don't know too many people who would drive 200 miles without some sort of price info.

OTOH,

KCK is located 190 miles from Wichita.
Omaha NE is located 193 miles away.
St Louis is 260 miles away.

Many lesser cities are closer.

And there are lot of 4-lane high ways that lead to KCK.

Can you imagine the ensuing melee that could happen if the price posted was considered a bargain? And the sale was first come-first served?

#11522 5 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

Rock makers is a really fun game! If it’s half way decent this is a no brainer....

I wish I know how to work on EMs and I wish I had more room. I'd like to have a Rockmakers, 4 Million BC, Capersville, and Gator.

Rockmakers video.

#11551 5 years ago

I put one of my pins on Craigslist last night. By 10am this morning, I had 5 different scammers texting wanting to send me a check with an extra $50 or $100 dollars for my trouble. They do not seem to understand what CASH means. Telling them "bank wiire" or the old school way of sending a personal check seems to work OK.

These guys are relentless.

You gotta deal with this shit and deal with 5-6 spoof calls a day, as well.

It is almost enough for me to return to tin cans and a string.

#11554 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

They'll even reimburse you for it.

So, what do they do? Reimburse you with one of their bogus checks?

Thanks for the heads up. You might try to chase them down for a $3K pinball machine. But a small charge sounds innocuous enough you get bit. And who is going to chase down a $100.00 (or whatever) fee.

Maybe I need to get some car pics, place an ad, and see what happens.
+++++++++++

You are correct. Their website looks very convincing. They say they get their data from the National Motor Vehicle Title Association. I Googled that and up popped National Motor Vehicle Title Information System. Very clever.

Geez. If you use their log in site they will get your password (that you probably use in lots of other places).

And they are trying to go after the dealers, too. Wow.

2 weeks later
#11636 5 years ago

Long time ago in mid-80s, the '56-'62 Corvette prices into the 5 digit prices for average driver cars. Everybody was looking for parts to restore their old Vette with. I never met Kip but he had a '57 Vette sitting over at Ken's house. It was a nice running driving '57 Vette.

The next time I saw that car all that was left was the shell of a body, hood, deck lid, frame, and wheels. Kip parted that car out, made fortune on the parts, and then sold the body/chassis assembly to some one who trailered it home. Someone who either already had a lot of parts or who was going to be chasing parts very soon so it could be put back together.

Even to this day I still shake my head.

#11662 5 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

A little worse for the wear, but nevertheless a Sky Rocket is up for auction
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/68486753_1971-bally-skyrocket-pinball-machine

It's not that bad. Only 545 produced. Some minor cabinet blemishes. Coin door looks real nice. My play field restore guy could make that play field look like new.

If I were into EMs this is one I would like to have.

#11713 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Playmatic
Game/Type: Fairy /EM 1 player
Year: September 1975
Cost: $450 OBO
Link/Contact: poconos.craigslist.org link
OP: Pinball machine I brought as a project from neighbor as he was clearing out to move. Extra parts as pictured including wiring, ramps and solenoids I believe. Price is reasonably firm but make an offer and take it away

Here is a video of that Fairy.

One pinsider owns one. 3 want one. 1 location to play one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/fairy

#11723 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Sunset / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: November 1962
Production: 2,275
Cost: $350
Link/Contact: detroit.craigslist.org link
OP: I have a 1962 Gottlieb Sunset Pinball Machine. It is clean with recent new rubbers.
The cabinet was repainted white before I got. The big issue is the score motor that enables you to start the game is stripped so I can't get it to start anymore. This would need replaced or repaired.

2 hours later the ad is already down.

7 pinsiders own it. None have it on their wish list. No public locations

#11725 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Here's one you don't see often. Project Bally Fathom in Indiana on auction on 3/2/2019. If only I was closer...….
https://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/3181203/fp28.cgi
https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3181203.html?kwd=fathom&zip=46203&category=0

Oh hell, you know you want it.

It is an online auction. If you win the bid, Google Earth says you only have a 444 mile one way trip. One night in a motel. Or if you are really adventurous, you could leave early in the morning and could be there in 7 hours. Then load up and head home. Of course, this time of year the weather could stick it to you.

I looked at your collection. You need this Fathom

If this was a game I was looking for I would be all over this.

#11733 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Sorry for "outing" it. IMO that's a $1500 to $2K game. I image it will go closer to $3K.

Don't be sorry. I would assume there have been a lot of pins that have been outed here that someone, perhaps not even on pinside, was trying to buy and the sunlight took their chance away.

1 week later
#11783 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: #cowboy / EM 4 Player
Mo/Year: 1970
Production: ????
Special Features: 5" flippers
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
OP: For sale is a vintage pinball machine made by the Chicago Dynamic Industries. The manufacture date is unknown but is likely the 1970’s. It’s in good condition but it needs some repair (seems to be stuck in reset mode). It needs adjustment and fine tuning of the relays. The lights come on. It worked well for several years but it’s fairly complex (see the photos) and needs more time than we have.
Our address is Gibsonia but we are closer to Wexford and Mars.
Will sell it to whoever picks up first. Feel free to call or text with any questions. Thank you.

You need to see those 5" flippers. Wow!!

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 11.49.40 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-27 at 11.49.40 AM (resized).png

#11807 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You don't often hear of any sort of deal coming form these estate sales. Am I missing something?

What do you consider to be a deal?

#11818 5 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

They make money by selling stuff so it's in their interest to know markets like antiques, pins, collectibles, whatever, and they should have specialists on hand to price things. So I'd say if you get a good deal it's a fluke.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Most estate sales i have dealt with price very high, but have half off on the last day. Half off is usually too much still, but ive left my name, number, and offer with several and have gotten pretty good deals that way. If it doesnt sell, the people usually want it gone and will entertain offers

It is the game. First day is the high prices for the people who just have to have it. 2nd day is a certain percentage off. Do you gamble on day 1 and not buy just hoping it will be there on Day 2. You might walk on day 1 but the " got to have it now peep" blew your 2nd day gamble out of the water.

Say it is still there on Day 2. Do you want to gamble it will be there on Day 3? The Mata Hari guy had a close call on Day 3. It sounds like if he has got there a few minutes later he would have left empty handed. Everybody wants to shark a deal.

If the estate seller is sitting on a Williams Swinger in less than average condition, he might be motivated to unload on Day 1 at most any price. If the educated estate seller is hanging around here and is selling a Stern Quicksilver, that pin ain't going nowhere on Day 1 or 2 for anything less that full asking price. On Day 3 the estate seller may decide to drag it home for himself.

#11820 5 years ago

Game/Type: Future Spa ---BACK GLASS
Month/Year: Oct. 1979
Production: 6.400
Cost: $175.00

nashville.craigslist.org link

#11845 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Me: This is a picture from the Alien Poker pin listed above.
Seller: Head is removed from base as well as I have removed the glass for safety reasons. It was found in a barn. Just too much of a job for me right now.
[quoted image]

Maybe you get lucky and the System 7 boards are OK. I just spent almost $200.00 having my Laser Cue driver board repaired. Shipping, parts, and labor add up fast. I tried all I knew and could not fix it.

If it was here I would buy it for the parts. Transformers are starting to bring decent money.

#11849 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ONLINE AUCTION
Game/Type: Jive Time / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1970
Production: 465+ units appx. (!)
Cost: ???
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/MO/Belton/64012/2152068
Starts: SAT 03/09, Ends TUE 03/19

I did not know that was such a low production machine.

#11858 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Sadly it is only going to get worse. The days of "warehouse deals" and cheap machines for sale on Craig's List & other venues is pretty much long gone. We have only been in the hobby about 10 years and things have gone from picking up 3 or 4 machines some weeks to being lucky to find that many in a year.
One of my "sources" for machines is a local "flipper" that runs ads in our local papers. (He doesn't even own a pinball machine yet he is constantly buying and flipping them). Anyway 5 or 6 years ago I would get so many calls from him I didn't know where to go with the stuff. I didn't want to say no to him for fear he would start contacting someone else. So I started selling off trailer loads of project machines at near my cost just to keep stuff moving. At times I would take a $50 or $100 loss on a machine and other times I might make $100 on one. (One day I actually took time to figure it out and it typically worked out that I would make about $200 on a load of 8 to 12 machines.
Anyway - I got my first call from him in over a year last week. Not for a machine but he wanted to know if I wanted to buy a load of "junk" jukeboxes & some pinball parts he was headed to look at. I love parts so that is fine but no machine? So when I hooked up with him I asked him who he has been selling stuff to lately and he replied "no one but you". Then he proceeded to tell me in the past 18 months he had only bought two machines and sold those to to friends or family members. This is a guy I was buying 35 to 50 machines from every year for about 5 or 6 years. Now he is finding one every 8 or 9 months!
So that gives you some idea how tough it is to buy these days.

I just sold a pin today. My CL ad has been up for about 5 weeks. I started out being in the pin for a decent price but things kept breaking on it and the next thing I knew I am starting to get buried in it. I priced it somewhat high, probably about $400.00-$500.00 over the market. I got the usual crap from the scammers and then the action died. I was firm on the price. This was not a "great deal" someone was going to chase.

3-4 days ago I got a call from someone who lives about 50 miles from me. I told him the good, the bad, and the ugly. I told him I am overpriced from what the market is, that I am firm on the price, and why.

As we talk on the phone he tells me he used to play the pins in the bowling alleys, etc. He said his days of fishing and hunting are over and he was wanting a different hobby. I asked him how old he was. He is 69 and has never owned a pin.

He and a friend came by today. I walked him thru everything. Board repairs. Schematics. I gave him the ugly. He is getting cold feet and does not want the hassles of fixing a pin. He wants to go home and think about it. Finally , I told him that I don't need the money and will not starve if he walks. But I told him I need the space. I said "take it home and that I would give him 30 days to change his mind. No questions asked. I think with all of the extensive board repairs that this will finally be a reliable for a long time".

That's all he wanted to hear and laid down the cash. It may come back to me but it a nice playing pin, so I don't mind.

But the thing that got me was that he is 69 and buying his first pin. I'm 66 and I just started my pin adventure 3 years ago. And I don't think he and I are the only 2 old farts doing this.

#11865 5 years ago

We all lament the prices, or higher prices, especially if we missed the boat on a pin we really want. But the fact of the matter is that if prices were stuck at rock bottom, more pins would wind up in the junk pile. Those pics we see where stacks on pins were left to rot makes our hearts break. But those pins are there rotting because there were no replacement circuit boards to buy and finding replacement parts was hard. And nobay wanted to but your POS pin you were trying to unload.

I have been spending a king's ransom fixing my pins up. But I feel confident I will at least get most of my money back. If they were selling for bargain basement prices I would just slap on some bubble gum and play the crap out of them; And eventually they would just be worn out and trashed.

I have a friend down in Mansfield Texas with a Fire and a Playboy. 20 years ago he and his wife were talking how Ebay had started jacking prices on pins. " Some of them are selling for $300.00 now."

#11886 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

lamp board stencil

What is a lamp board stencil?

#11887 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Most of the people that I hear complaining about the high prices in my area have been in the hobby five or more years. They sold a pin for a high price three years ago, but now that same pin is 3-4 times the price, and they're hard to find at the high price. For example the three highest priced classic Ballys (78-84) were selling for $800-1,000 3-4 years ago (Fathom, Eight Ball Deluxe and Centaur). Now these same pins sell for Fathom $5,500, EBD $2,500 and Centaur $4,000. What these long time hobbyists don't tell you is that they have seller's remorse. They bought a Centaur project for $400-500, spent $100 on parts and sold it for $1,000 four years ago. If they had kept it they could sell it today for $4,000, with several interested buyers.

I agree. There is a lot of seller's remorse going on here. But some of these pins have moved up and are getting beyond the budget of some players. I paid $1100.00 for my beat up Seawitch. Today, it would cost me $2K-plus and I don't think I would want to go that high for this particular pin.

About the only pin that plays and may still have a reasonable (cheap) price are some of the 2nd rate Gottlieb wedgeheads--El Dorado and Abra ca Dabra are on the winner list, as well as some others, but a lot of them are ho-hum.

#11891 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

brenna98 made a stencil (paper diagram) for Star Gazer so you know where to drill the holes for the light sockets and cut out locations for the displays.

Gotcha. I was thinking lamp driver board.

#11896 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I think he was saying that these two wedgeheads are A games, and the rest are ho him. My Abra Ca Dabra is definately not ho hum

Thank you. That is exactly what I was saying.

#11906 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: El Toro / EM 1 Player
Production: 2,065
Seller: Peter Gunn
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/109259949093253?multi_permalinks=2379012755509442&notif_id=1552673411126919&notif_t=commerce_interesting_product&ref=notif&fb_dtsg_ag=AQzb6cxrJ3038WgWoRBTpxERqPCmM1zOG3sy52KdbX1SbQ%3AAQwDKghE70rlS8hBG5v0cxxUSazzKxs-rEW8GIpY-3SJ4Q&jazoest=27791
OP: $350 firm
Works good
Missing back cover
Nice back glass
New rubbers installed ball
Easy load no stairs
Location Valparaiso Indiana 46383

The pin that is also referred to as El Boro. Only one write up on it and it is not singing praises

#11911 5 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

my students loved it. They had no experience with flashier games though

If it was not for the young people getting suckered into buying the crap our market system produces, the economy would collapse.

The retailers used to love seeing me coming in the door. Now, I am older, wiser, and basically in the way

#11928 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

the pictures included in this listing are of the other Wiggler that I just had Keith restore so you can see how beautiful this game can be.......... these are not pictures of the project machine

So, Keith Holbrook has been elevated to first name only status. He is good. And his wait times keep getting longer. But I had not thought of prospect that he would achieve the status that we could say, "Keith restored my play field." and everybody would "know" who Keith is.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can you imagine stopping at a car lot because your dream car just showed up on the front line, only to have the sales rep tell you this "fine automobile is not for sale. It is just a teaser. The one we are really selling is that beat up POS over in the back corner".

I think that is called bait-and-switch.

#11933 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You can play Bobby's "holbrook" restoration wiggler at TPF. Im sure you could pick up the project wiggler there as well...and tell him about your bait and switch theory.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll give it a play.

#11947 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I thought that coffee tables were an abomination (except OXO coffee tables of course ). Someone topped that horrible trend...Now someone is converting pinball machines to overhead lights for a pool table! We're supposed to be weening people off pool tables in this hobby, and this scmuck is trying to enhance someone's pool table experience! [quoted image]

That’s depressing. And a sonic game no less.
SAD!

i have a stripped down Hot Hand play field. I’d like to sell it. It is real nice condition. Right it is leaning against the wall. But it could make a nice chandelier. But I’d rather sell it to anybody who would be interested.

#11967 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You can play Bobby's "holbrook" restoration wiggler at TPF. Im sure you could pick up the project wiggler there as well...and tell him about your bait and switch theory.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks for letting me know. I'll give it a play.

I got to play this pin yesterday during setup. It is a super playing EM. I was surprised at how snappy the play action was. Keith has done a fantastic job on this one.

I'm not looking for a project but anybody who is looking for a project might want to look into it.

#12025 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Game/Type: Flip Flop / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1974
Production: 5,350
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/KS/Overland-Park/66207/2167185
Dates: THU 03/28 - FRI 03/29

I just talked to the estate seller. The pin does not work. I am not an EM guy but the EM'ers say they are easy to work on. He has it priced at $395.00. I'm out of room or I would make the trip. It is only 200 miles from me. Flip Flop is a fun game.

#12026 5 years ago

Game/Type: Spanish Eyes
Year: March 1972
Production: 3,905
Cost: $650.00

"For sale is my "Spanish Eyes" pinball machine (circa 1970's) I have owned this since 1986. "

Same guy has owned it for 33 years !!

84 pinsiders own it. 38 want it. 11 public locations to play.

#12038 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

55 Project Pins for sale
Price: $20,000
Contact/Link: minneapolis.craigslist.org link
For Sale:
55 Pinball Machines
None of these are plug & play, they will all require work
Some of these are parts machines only, many new parts as well.
Serious Inquiries Only Please
I may sell groups of machines separate
I will not take individual pictures, there is just too many machines and too much to do
E-Mail for more information
Bally:
Revenge From Mars
NBA Fastbreak
Pool Sharks
Hardbody
Fireball
Pacman
Eight Ball Deluxe
Xenon
Xenon
Xenon
Playboy
Playboy
Kiss
Kiss
Kiss
Eight Ball
Eight Ball
Williams:
Hurricane
Roller Games
Police Force
Millionaire
Pinbot
Hyperball
Hyperball
Flash
Gorgar
Disco Fever
Disco Fever
Disco Fever
Lucky Seven
Gottlieb:
Bad Girls
Bad Girls
Robo Wars
Spring Break
Raven
Raven
Genysis
Dragon
Dragon
Charlies Angles
Close Encounters
Close Encounters
Cleopatra
Cleopatra
Big House
Stern:
Nascar
Nascar
Sopranos
Sega:
The Lost World
Twister
Atari:
Space Riders
Middle Earth
Other:
Last Action Hero
AG Soccer - Rare (500)
Roy Clark

he has tagged his ad with a Sale Pending

#12073 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I have a populated playfield if anyone ends up buying this project and needs parts

Do I see a Secret Service coffee table in your future

#12098 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Game/Type: Wheel of Fortune /SS
Year: October 2007
Production: 1,000
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Des-Plaines/60016/2177118
DATES: FRI 04/12 - SAT 04/13

Got to play a Wheel of Fortune yesterday. Nice playing pin. I would like to have one of these rare birds. But too far away.

#12102 5 years ago

Don’t know. You would have to call the estate seller.

#12111 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

They sell quickly in the northeast and mid Atlantic for $1600-1800 fully working. They’re also sought after by Canadians

I got to play a Bobby Orr at TPF. Maybe it was not set up correctly; I’m not sure. But it was a slow playing snoozer for me. I played 2 balls and walked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
755 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cottonm4. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.