431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG
ww2 (resized).JPG
nne (resized).JPG
19E4C046-C05E-4FCA-8A51-3A8A22907BCD (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 25,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 520.
#20901 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Yeah the whole ad kinda rubs me the wrong way- I've bought these kinds of projects before and have spent a TON of time and effort playing detective- almost always parts are wrong or missing. But I'd love for a Pinsider to pick one of these and show progress pictures. So someone more brave (naive) - go for it!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8eb5b952330b3880b713026209f3e234712329c2-1626359885-1800"};
//]]>

Lol

#20902 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Multiple projects from the same seller on Mr Pinball today:
Circus, 1980 Gottlieb: $950
Super widebody project machine. Nice playfield + decent second playfield. Some parts missing from each, but together you'll have all the parts (but only 1 has a rototarget). Additional NOS plastic set. Cabinet decent, boards rough (I'd buy a pi-80 x4 to replace them.) 2 backglasses - one has crazing, still nice; one has flaking, just Okay.
Anthony Kapolka
[email protected], Wilkes-barre, Pennsylvania
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Disco Fever, 1978 Williams: $1000
Project machine. Mostly repopulated NOS clearcoated playfield, looks gorgeous. Reasonable mirrored backglass - a 7 or 8/10. Extra plastic set. 2 NOS sets of banana flipper rubbers. Complete board set, unknown condition. Plus, a whole additional machine that students rewired to work under computer control (no boards, custom backglass - think parts only) last used at the 2006 Allentown pinball show. Between the two you should be able to assemble a really beautiful machine.
Tony Kapolka
Flash, 1978 Williams: $1250
Project machine. Blank NOS playfield clearcoated 10+ years ago, probably should be reshot; perfect NOS backglass; second, serviceable backglass; cabinet in good shape; stencil set for repainting cabinet; board set, condition unknown; mostly stripped beater playfield; loose playfield parts, harness; plastics missing right slingshot. Has spent over a decade in storage - needs reassembly and a careful going over. Likely something minor is missing, but with a NOS playfield + backglass, this could be a beautiful machine.
Anthony Kapolka
Haunted House, 1982 Gottlieb: $1000
A hot mess of a project machine. One cabinet, decent shape. Two upper playfields, two main playfields, one lower playfield, all completely stripped and retouched - Okay repaint but not for close examination. I'd rate from 6-8/10. All playfield parts are loose; not positive they are all there but they were boxed up. Since there is only one lower field, that's the weak link. New replacement spiderweb plastic. Lots of playfield plastics, but maybe not a full set (although some are NOS). Full board set, unknown condition. Backglass is fair; some delaminating, taped I think. Second NOS backglass has giant flaking from storage; am trying not to cry over it. Priced so I don't have to fuss with this- add time and money and you'll come out ahead.
Anthony Kapolka
Mars God of War, 1981 Gottlieb: $950
Project machine. Good cabinet and playfield; nice double paned backglass; extra plastics set, but one chipped. Complete set of boards but missing game ROM, will need repair (I'd buy a pi-80 x4 and be done with it.)
Anthony Kapolka

I’d love to have a Circus, but I’ve picked up a “project” like this before.
No bueno. It’s more like buying a puzzle that’s been opened and all the pieces dumped out. There’s ALWAYS stuff missing. Usually the hardest rarest bits.

#20903 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Sounds like someone started a full tear down on both Haunted House pins and stopped. Repro playfields are available from Mirco and backglasses from BGresto and Coos. It’s a major project and a gamble.

Considering what HH has been selling for on Pinside, this one would have to get a whole lot cheaper to make any kind of monetary sense.

#20904 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Considering what HH has been selling for on Pinside, this one would have to get a whole lot cheaper to make any kind of monetary sense.

And you have no diagram of how to resolder the wiring harness. You’d need a complete fully working HH for reference.

#20905 2 years ago

I think you guys are really underestimating the demand out there for HH. I mean, there's a guy on here who's hand wiring his own harness to build one from scratch. That HH looks like the best deal of the bunch to me, and if I didn't hate HH with a passion I'd probably have picked it up

#20906 2 years ago

Charlie’s Angels
Gottlieb ss
$500
Decatur, Illinois
https://www.facebook.com/groups/325032398412487/permalink/869490633966658/

#20908 2 years ago

Private group, ugg, it’s close to me too!!

#20909 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Private group, ugg, it’s close to me too!!

The seller is Troy North, well known seller at Tilt Amusements.

#20910 2 years ago

Chicago Coin Caprice Puck Bowler
Charlotte, NC
$250
Vintage Bowling game from I think around the 60’s. Needs a good home. Cool vintage look. It is the size of a Large Pinball machine. Reds some TLC- would make a great addition to a game room. Needs someone who can work on it. Simple mechanics but can be fixed. Serious inquiries only. Very heavy- will need 3 people to move with a dolly and trailer. Large piece. Send me a message if interested. In Charlotte area.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/910922849511527/

#20911 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Charlotte, NC
$250
Vintage Bowling game from I think around the 60’s. Needs a good home. Cool vintage look. It is the size of a Large Pinball machine. Reds some TLC- would make a great addition to a game room. Needs someone who can work on it. Simple mechanics but can be fixed. Serious inquiries only. Very heavy- will need 3 people to move with a dolly and trailer. Large piece. Send me a message if interested. In Charlotte area.

I didn't think those were that sought after, especially in that condition, but I guess $250 was the right price because it didn't last too long.

#20912 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Charlotte, NC
$250

I picked up one of these last Fall for free and it sat for a bit! Weird someone paid $250. I do love the style of it though.

#20913 2 years ago
Quoted from alyssa:

Two EM's listed at $100 ea on marketplace in Vorhees NJ. Condition not specified.
Gottlieb Super Spin https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/508061360274899/
Gottlieb Soccer https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/819051228979739/
Gottlieb Chariots $350 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/528003555067159/

Alyssa, new member, posted this in the Northeast for sale thread, 2 pins for $100 each in Jersey. Also a Gottlieb Flying Chariots $350 Blackhawk Jersey

#20914 2 years ago

Just picked up a project Future Spa in a package deal that would be nice to sell.
Pf, bg, and cabinet all pretty nice. The bad is that the most boards will need to be looked over.
I have pics but wasn’t sure how many, if any, I can post in this thread.
Located Franklin, WI
$975

#20915 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Alyssa, new member, posted this in the Northeast for sale thread, 2 pins for $100 each in Jersey. Also a Gottlieb Flying Chariots $350 Blackhawk Jersey

The Gottlieb Super Spin and Soccer are now $400 each. The rough Flying Chariots is still $350.

#20916 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The Gottlieb Super Spin and Soccer are now $400 each. The rough Flying Chariots is still $350.

Once again!

#20917 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/groups/630406413802349/permalink/1969587783217532/?sale_post_id=1969587783217532

Project Pins for sale!
Picked these up along the way but don’t see myself finishing them anytime soon. Located in Manteca, CA.

Firepower $800
Cosmetically it’s not good lol. Was playing great then one of the pop bumpers started locking on. Has kohout driver board.

Close Encounters $800
Game looks great and plays well but it does randomly light up playfield lights or not show scores correctly. Basically if I was keeping it I’d just order a Pascal board and it’d be great.

#20918 2 years ago

have been chasing a flying circus for about 20 years, none ever pop up down here

#20919 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The seller is Troy North, well known seller at Tilt Amusements.

Does Troy North have it, or does Trent Augenstein have it? I have a buddy looking for a Charlie's Angels.

#20920 2 years ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

Does Troy North have it, or does Trent Augenstein have it? I have a buddy looking for a Charlie's Angels.

Nevermind. I found it on Tilt's FB page. Troy Smith posted it, not Troy North.

#20921 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Just picked up a project Future Spa in a package deal that would be nice to sell.
Pf, bg, and cabinet all pretty nice. The bad is that the most boards will need to be looked over.
I have pics but wasn’t sure how many, if any, I can post in this thread.
Located Franklin, WI
$975

Link to CL ad with pics.

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Game is sold

#20922 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Link to CL ad with pics.
milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Here’s the obligatory “wish you were closer”.

Good price, fun game.

#20923 2 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

have been chasing a flying circus for about 20 years, none ever pop up down here

It's a Chariot's, not a Circus.

#20924 2 years ago

Quoted from bluespin:

How many people do you think answered her ad wanting one of these $100.00 gems? 5? 10? 20? 40? How many responses would it take for anyone of you to realize you underpriced your product and needed to rethink your price?

You know your price is too high when you do not even receive one phone call.

#20925 2 years ago

In my book you do your research first, then price an item you're selling. If you post an asking price, and don't honor the first person who agrees to pay it, then you're being dishonest and discourteous.

#20926 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

In my book you do your research first, then price an item you're selling. If you post an asking price, and don't honor the first person who agrees to pay it, then you're being dishonest and discourteous.

Considering some of these deals that have been happening with some starting a bidding war going above the asking price, which price would you honor?

The ad says "for sale $100.00". And then here come the "I'll give you $300.00 for it. Or I'll give you $400.00 for it. And then here comes email number #3. I would like to buy your pin for $100.00. You have not accepted anything, yet. You have not even replied to your responders.

Which deal are you going to take? Are you going to let #3 at $100.00 have it? Or are you going to jump for Big Pockets at $400.00?

#20927 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:Considering some of these deals that have been happening with some starting a bidding war going above the asking price, which price would you honor?
The ad says "for sale $100.00". And then here come the "I'll give you $300.00 for it. Or I'll give you $400.00 for it. And then here comes email number #3. I would like to buy your pin for $100.00. You have not accepted anything, yet. You have not even replied to your responders.
Which deal are you going to take? Are you going to let #3 at $100.00 have it? Or are you going to jump for Big Pockets at $400.00?

If I contact the seller and they respond that they've received offers above asking price I walk away. I've tried the bidding war maybe ten times and I always lose, and end up driving up the price for someone else.

#20928 2 years ago

I was next in line on a $200 Space Shuttle project last month. I wanted so bad to offer $500 but just couldn’t bring myself to it. It would have been a great deal and hopefully the person who got it enjoys it.

#20929 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Considering some of these deals that have been happening with some starting a bidding war going above the asking price, which price would you honor?

In that case, I would take the first offer I receive, even if the buyer is offering more than the asking price. That way, I have not dishonored my original asking price to anyone.
So what I'm saying is, the first offer which meets or exceeds my asking price. Of course, the original buyer better be quick about it if I have other people banging down my door!

#20930 2 years ago

I had a situation recently where I was given a lead on a game. The asking price was $500. I called the seller and told her I would buy the game for her asking price.
She said that someone is coming to get it the next morning, but he offered her less. I said I'd give her the asking price, so she phoned the other guy, and told him that she had an offer for her asking price. At that point, he agreed to give her the $500 she was asking, and he did end up buying the game. I could have counter-offered more, but I won't do that. Turns out I know the guy who bought it, and I apologized for costing him an extra Benjamin, but that's what happens when you try to make a good deal even better.

#20931 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

In that case, I would take the first offer I receive, even if the buyer is offering more than the asking price. That way, I have not dishonored my original asking price to anyone.
So what I'm saying is, the first offer which meets or exceeds my asking price. Of course, the original buyer better be quick about it if I have other people banging down my door!

Quoted from jrpinball:

I had a situation recently where I was given a lead on a game. The asking price was $500. I called the seller and told her I would buy the game for her asking price.
She said that someone is coming to get it the next morning, but he offered her less. I said I'd give her the asking price, so she phoned the other guy, and told him that she had an offer for her asking price. At that point, he agreed to give her the $500 she was asking, and he did end up buying the game. I could have counter-offered more, but I won't do that. Turns out I know the guy who bought it, and I apologized for costing him an extra Benjamin, but that's what happens when you try to make a good deal even better.

So, on one hand, you have not dishonored your asking price, but then on another deal, you are asking someone to sell to you by offering a price above a deal that was already struck; In effect you asking them to dishonor their pricing. How is that different than someone changing the price in their ad?

Going back to the example I wrote up. Say the 1st contact was from someone who just met your ask price and the third contact was for more than the seller was asking. So, I offer you your $100.00 asking price but right below that email is another one offering $300.00. You have not accepted an offer, yet. Which one are you going to take? The $100.00 offer was there first.

#20932 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

If I contact the seller and they respond that they've received offers above asking price I walk away. I've tried the bidding war maybe ten times and I always lose, and end up driving up the price for someone else.

If it was pin I was wanting, I would figure out what I would be willing to pay. If the seller wants to turn it into an auction, then fine. I might not scarf up on a shark bait deal, but if I get what I want for a price I can live with then I will live with it.

A couple of years ago, some kid in Oklahoma City put up a unicorn for sale on Craigslist. It was Joker Poker. but as I studied the ad I saw it was the EM version with only 820 produced. The seller asking $300.00. I could have jumped on it but I did not.

I sent him a CL PM and told him his pin was worth way more than he was asking. I told him he could probably get $2000.00. He changed his price. A little later he told me he sold it for a $1000.00 offer. I could tell from his writing that he needed the money bad and was scared to walk away from an offer that he could have easily beat. So, some dude from Texas had to dig a little deeper because if me. Too bad. I helped out a kid who was hurting for money and did not know jack about pinball machines. I am not sorry.

#20933 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

So, on one hand, you have not dishonored your asking price, but then on another deal, you are asking someone to sell to you by offering a price above a deal that was already struck; In effect you asking them to dishonor their pricing. How is that different than someone changing the price in their ad?

Apples and oranges. I didn't know what the other person was offering. She just said that he offered her less. The ball was in her court; she could have told me that since I was giving her the asking price, she would sell it to me. However, I think she played it right by asking the other guy if he would meet her asking price. Again, the key is "asking price".
I wasn't wrong doing what I did, but it would have been wrong of me to up my offer after the first guy agreed to pay what she was asking. The game was definitely worth more than $500, but if that's what was going to make her happy, then ok.

#20934 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I could tell from his writing that he needed the money bad and was scared to walk away from an offer that he could have easily beat.

That was very noble of you, but with all the information available online today, if you're too lazy to do a little research and find out what you're selling is worth, then it's only your fault if you get burned on a deal.

#20935 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Going back to the example I wrote up. Say the 1st contact was from someone who just met your ask price and the third contact was for more than the seller was asking. So, I offer you your $100.00 asking price but right below that email is another one offering $300.00. You have not accepted an offer, yet. Which one are you going to take? The $100.00 offer was there first.

Tough call. I don't really see a problem with the person taking the higher offer unless he had already accepted his asking price from someone else.

#20936 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Quoted from jrpinball:

Tough call. I don't really see a problem with the person taking the higher offer unless he had already accepted his asking price from someone else.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but do you even know if this seller accepted an offer and then turned it down for a higher offer? Or did the seller open up his email only to see a full email box full of offers? Or are you assuming?

That's all I am saying. If the seller got hammered with beaucoup enquiries but did not accept an offer, then isn't the seller entitled to pull his ad and start over? Yeah, sure, the sharks will get a pissy attitude, especially if they had somewhere to go with it for a higher price.

Sort of like celebrities ( E.G. race car drivers ) charging $100.00 for their autograph. If they did not charge, the sharks would be snagging all of the autographs and then selling them for their own pocket money.
==================================================

Quoted from jrpinball:

That was very noble of you, but with all the information available online today, if you're too lazy to do a little research and find out what you're selling is worth, then it's only your fault if you get burned on a deal.

I agree to a point. If you are hanging out on pinside then you have a good idea of value. If you do not know about pinside, where do you go to do your research? _________________________?

Some go to Ebay and then we bitch about them getting their fantasy prices from Ebay. And if they price too low we come in bragging about the great deal we got *(because the seller did not d this research).

So, tell me , other than pinside, where does one go to do the research on pinball prices? Other than pinside, I am at a loss. Facebook, I suppose? Pawn Stars? American Pickers? Where is the online pricing research on pinball machines?

#20937 2 years ago

Is this the Projects for sale thread? or the bitch thread?

#20938 2 years ago

WTB: a buy/sell/trade thread that's *strictly* ads

Also: Gottlieb Solar Ride on CL in New Egypt, NJ. $600

cnj.craigslist.org link

Has a couple new boards, playfield has considerable wear, couple features not working but will boot and play (according to ad). Old boards also included. Tempting, but I don't have the space...

#20939 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Projects for sale thread? or the bitch thread?

BOTH! We want cheap projects on the cheap! They must have no competition & no giant spiders, rats, mice, or drugs in them! If I'm going to pay 1K for a project it better be good!

#20940 2 years ago

Speaking of price auctions…
Anyone have experience buying project machines from auction websites? It seems like “working” or “not working” is the most detail they give.

There’s a Stern Orbitor-1 I’m eyeing and a bunch of others on Live Auctioneers.. can’t remember who was after Bad Cats but they have one.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/107808961_stern-orbitor-1-pinball-machine

Unfortunately with the 18% buyers premium I’m thinking I’ll have to pass on this particular Orbitor project. Are you able to spot issues visually or should you never buy without seeing IRL?

#20941 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Yeah, got this exact scenario this weekend... end of conversation.

#20942 2 years ago
Quoted from alyssa:

Anyone have experience buying project machines from auction websites? It seems like “working” or “not working” is the most detail they give.
There’s a Stern Orbitor-1 I’m eyeing and a bunch of others on Live Auctioneers.. can’t remember who was after Bad Cats but they have one.
Unfortunately with the 18% buyers premium I’m thinking I’ll have to pass on this particular Orbitor project. Are you able to spot issues visually or should you never buy without seeing IRL?

They run the gamut but most are major projects; read the description carefully. If there's no description, expect a lot of work... unless you're a betting man, love technical challenges and are adept at repair and restoration, I'd definitely wait for something more local, so you can physically check out the machine prior to buying. I've sold two machines at auction, and was able to see the line up of games set up for the upcoming auction. Most of them had serious issues and would have required major hours to get them working 100%. The term "working" and "mostly working" in the game's description shouldn't sway you to buy, those terms are used way too loosely in the biz, and really don't mean much.

#20943 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

They run the gamut... unless you're a betting man, love technical challenges and are adept at repair and restoration, I'd definitely wait for something more local, so you can physically check out the machine prior to buying. I've sold two machines at auction, and was able to see the games set up for the upcoming auction... most of them had serious issues and/or required major hours to get them working 100%. The term "working" and "mostly working" in the game's description shouldn't sway you to buy, those terms are used way too loosely in the biz.

I’ll add to this that if any game specific parts are missing they’ll be extremely hard to find.

#20944 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

They run the gamut but most are major projects; read the description carefully. If there's no description, expect a lot of work... unless you're a betting man, love technical challenges and are adept at repair and restoration, I'd definitely wait for something more local, so you can physically check out the machine prior to buying. I've sold two machines at auction, and was able to see the line up of games set up for the upcoming auction. Most of them had serious issues and would have required major hours to get them working 100%. The term "working" and "mostly working" in the game's description shouldn't sway you to buy, those terms are used way too loosely in the biz, and really don't mean much.

I usually tell the seller that whether it works or not isn't nearly as important to me as the cosmetic condition.

#20945 2 years ago
Quoted from alyssa:

Orbitor and Project is a bad combo. The pictures show it has acid damage and there’s a high chance the spinning bumpers are bad, and even though I’m currently working on a replacement, with the insane delays (plastic products are now showing lead times of 3 MONTHS) Don’t expect one before 2022

#20947 2 years ago

That is exactly where I'm headed to tomorrow for a work project. Interesting...

#20948 2 years ago
Quoted from Skidave:

That is exactly where I'm headed to tomorrow for a work project. Interesting...

Great pin. You should contact him

#20949 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Great pin. You should contact him

Yes, would like to add one to my collection. Wife isn't thrilled about the price.

#20950 2 years ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Yes, would like to add one to my collection. Wife isn't thrilled about the price.

It is a highly desirable game, priced below market value, ready to play, and it's just tons of fun. It looks great, has that play it again quality, and it is definitely challenging. System 11 games are well made (easily the best of their time era) and easy to work on. Pinbot is THE GAME most people they think of when recalling mid-late 80s games.

It is also in the movie "Big"

If all else fails...remind her that these go up in price, so it is more like an investment.

Screenshot_20210720-062627 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210720-062627 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 31.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 25,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 520.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.