Screenshot_20240318_092142_Chrome (resized).jpg
B72D3FD7-E334-4C70-B2B3-99E30898F742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2476 (resized).png
431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 522.
#21151 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Yep, Planetary Pinball. That's where I get my striped color wire - just put "wire yellow blue" (i.e. wire plus the two colors you want) in the search box:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH

Marcos also sells the same wire, but by the foot at a higher price. You have to buy in 10’ lengths from Planetary.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Wire+yellow+blue

#21152 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I would guess he turned it into a coffee table a long time ago. Before it was worth anything. It was just an old pinball machine with a missing back box.

It wasn't. He still had the backglass and the displays. He turned it into some wall art. He threw out all the boards and said the transformer was toast.

I could use the cabinet but it sounds like it is modded.

It is. He cut off the back (and the rails) and evened up the top.

Maybe you get lucky and the transformer is still sitting inside.

Nope. See above.

Quoted from play_pinball:

Already resigned to making the harness, so that would only be a very welcome bonus if it was still there.

It's not. The coils are all missing as well. But it has some pretty Christmas lights.

IMG_6533[1] (resized).JPGIMG_6533[1] (resized).JPGIMG_6534[1] (resized).JPGIMG_6534[1] (resized).JPG
#21153 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

It wasn't. He still had the backglass and the displays. He turned it into some wall art. He threw out all the boards and said the transformer was toast.

Nope. See above.

It's not. The coils are all missing as well. But it has some pretty Christmas lights.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing.

#21154 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I picked up a "Magnotron" head for $25 a while back, saved the guts and wired it up as a lightbox in my garage.

Looks awesome!

Love the insane art on that one

#21155 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Nope. See above.

It's not. The coils are all missing as well. But it has some pretty Christmas lights.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ugh. I'm angry and sad at the same time. WTH was he thinking?

#21156 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ugh. I'm angry and sad at the same time. WTH was he thinking?

In the early 90s, before Alltek brought its MPUs, LDAs and SDUs to market, there was no market for used pinball machines that were suffering from defective boards.

MY OP friend said he bought a Meteor at an arcade auction for five bucks and then he parted it out. It was not worth anything because it did not work ( I would have rather he turned it into a coffee table that I could use as a source of parts). I also met a vendor at TPF who said he used to make a fortune on MPUs that still worked. Alltek killed that money maker for him.

So, before you start castigating someone for turning a pinball machine into a coffee table, understand that yesterday's pinball market is not today's pinball market. He could have just tossed it, with its blown out play field, into the trash and none of us would know any better.

As it is, the buyer of this Nine Ball remnant got lots of good parts to use or sell. The next classic Stern coin door I buy might be from that Meteor my friend parted out. Or is could be the coin door from this Nine Ball. And I have bought lots of used Stern pinball parts on Ebay. I never gave it a thought as to where they came from.

Relax.

#21157 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

In the early 90s, before Alltek brought its MPUs, LDAs and SDUs to market, there was no market for used pinball machines that were suffering from defective boards.
MY OP friend said he bought a Meteor at an arcade auction for five bucks and then he parted it out. It was not worth anything because it did not work ( I would have rather he turned it into a coffee table that I could use as a source of parts). I also met a vendor at TPF who said he used to make a fortune on MPUs that still worked. Alltek killed that money maker for him.
So, before you start castigating someone for turning a pinball machine into a coffee table, understand that yesterday's pinball market is not today's pinball market. He could have just tossed it, with its blown out play field, into the trash and none of us would know any better.
As it is, the buyer of this Nine Ball remnant got lots of good parts to use or sell. The next classic Stern coin door I buy might be from that Meteor my friend parted out. Or is could be the coin door from this Nine Ball. And I have bought lots of used Stern pinball parts on Ebay. I never gave it a thought as to where they came from.
Relax.

I miss the days when people wanted video games and not pinballs.

#21158 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I miss the days when people wanted video games and not pinballs.

I understand what you are saying. But if these old pinballs in general, and these classic Sterns in particular, were not going up in price/value, then none of them would be getting fixed up and restored. They would be forever stuck in pinball purgatory, in some old warehouse with a leaky roof.

And then we would be seeing a lot more "pinball horror" stories.

#21159 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Relax.

My understanding was that this was a recent build, not when pinball machines didn't have parts or any way of refurbishing them (as you're referring to). In that context, yeah, it's annoying that someone thought a coffee table would be of more value than the game itself, even in as is condition.

If given it was a recent build, a two second Google search would have made him think twice about it. Regardless, not my game, so at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I think.

#21160 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My understanding was that this was a recent build

Quoted from FatPanda:

If given it was a recent build,

If that is the case, then I agree with you. But to me, the ad seemed read like it has been like this for awhile.

Quoted from newovad:

From what the buyer says, it sound like he did have the back box.

I would like to hear the story.

#21161 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If that is the case, then I agree with you. But to me, the ad seemed read like it has been like this for awhile.

From what the buyer says, it sound like he did have the back box.
I would like to hear the story.

Some dumbass “handy man” was bored and thought he was the first guy in the world to think that slapping 4 legs on some crap makes it into a coffee table worth $400.

These guys are walking liabilities. I keep a small one day a week job at a hardware store. These “Johnny hardhats” always come in with barebones knowledge and a YouTube video they just watched. I’ll never forget the guy who cut off all 4 fingers and part of his thumb putting in a window and CAME BACK 2 DAYS LATER TO BUY MORE.

Some people can’t be helped and I’m shocked they survived to adulthood!

#21162 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

….I’ll never forget the guy who cut off all 4 fingers and part of his thumb putting in a window and CAME BACK 2 DAYS LATER TO BUY MORE.

I understand fingers are full retail but did you at least sell him the thumb at half off?

#21163 2 years ago

Some dumbass “handy man” was bored and thought he was the first guy in the world to think that slapping 4 legs on some crap makes it into a coffee table worth $400.
These guys are walking liabilities. I keep a small one day a week job at a hardware store. These “Johnny hardhats” always come in with barebones knowledge and a YouTube video they just watched. I’ll never forget the guy who cut off all 4 fingers and part of his thumb putting in a window and CAME BACK 2 DAYS LATER TO BUY MORE.

Let's give it some perspective.

This is my Seawitch play field. It is being replaced with a Greatwich play field. I suppose it will wind up as a wall hanger if someone will buy it.

IMG_7236 (resized).jpgIMG_7236 (resized).jpg

This is the right side of my Seawitch cab.

IMG_7243 (resized).JPGIMG_7243 (resized).JPG

This is the inside of the right hand side of my Seawitch cab. You will notice a lot of paint missing from the inside of the cabinet. The reason all if this paint is missing is because the entire right hand wall of the cab is warped, or bowed inward. So every time the play field is raised, the side of the play field scratches paint from the wall. It is not just paint scratched off. There are grooves in the wood. The side of the cab is bowed inward about 3/8" at its deepest point.

IMG_7238 (resized).jpgIMG_7238 (resized).jpg

For 4 years I figured I would do a carpentry trick called kerf cutting. While doing kerf cuts will probably work, I don't know how well it would work and I am leaning in the direction of replacing the entire sidewall. But if I am going that far, then I might as well just build a new cab, which is my plan.

This will leave me in a position of having an old blown out play field leaning against the wall and an old wigged out cabinet taking up space.

What would you, or anybody, suggest I do with these two worn out pieces of shit? I could throw them in the dumpster. I could set them afire.

I have extra worn out flipper assemblies. I have some old nicotine stained pop bumper parts laying around. And I will also have an old set of plastics. And I have lots of used rubber rings.

I have enough stuff laying around that I could build a coffee table that looks like an old pinball machine.

Should I build a coffee table, or should I throw all of this stuff away?

#21164 2 years ago

How do you cut off that many fingers putting in a window?

#21165 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

How do you cut off that many fingers putting in a window?

This is starting to sound like a, "how many people does it take to do "X" jokes".

#21166 2 years ago

Haven't seen this one posted....Free Black Pyramid. Ad has been out a week, so probably long gone, but you never know

danville.craigslist.org link

Edit: Could be a scam too, shows two different machines, one with a Top Gun BG

#21167 2 years ago

AUCTION - ENDS FRI 08/20

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Fireball / EM 4 Player
Features: Zipper flippers, multi-ball and spinning disc
Month/Year: August 1971
Production: 3,815
Contact/Link: https://www.estatesales.net/marketplace/items/504012?force-reload=true

#21168 2 years ago

ONLINE AUCTION - ENDS SAT 08/21

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Spanish Eyes / EM
Year: March 1972
Production: 3,905
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Fresno/93723/3003414

#21169 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Joker Poker/ SS 4 Player
Year: 1978
Price: $800
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1449942398725355/

OP:
This pinball machine is not in working order. The back lights up however the deck does not. I’ve owned the pinball machine for 30 years. It stopped working when I moved it to my Hudson, WI house from my childhood home.

Me:
Just walked away from this, someone tell me it was a good move

Spots of bare wood and chipped paint on lower playfield and around inserts, most inserts cupped. Plastics warped and cracked and very flaky back glass with the clear packing tape treatment. Cabinet 6/10. Booted up but playfield lighting was intermittent.

Seller was very nice but wouldn’t budge on price given condition. Did I miss out?

8F15EAC4-1924-4BEA-BCC4-92F699621C02 (resized).png8F15EAC4-1924-4BEA-BCC4-92F699621C02 (resized).pngF4C0C0FE-5F5E-4159-A5AC-A7FAFC030EC7 (resized).jpegF4C0C0FE-5F5E-4159-A5AC-A7FAFC030EC7 (resized).jpeg
#21170 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Game/Type: Joker Poker/ SS 4 Player
Year: 1978
Price: $800
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1449942398725355/
OP:
This pinball machine is not in working order. The back lights up however the deck does not. I’ve owned the pinball machine for 30 years. It stopped working when I moved it to my Hudson, WI house from my childhood home.
Me:
Just walked away from this, someone tell me it was a good move
Spots of bare wood and chipped paint on lower playfield and around inserts, most inserts cupped. Plastics warped and cracked and very flaky back glass with the clear packing tape treatment. Cabinet 6/10. Booted up but playfield lighting was intermittent.
Seller was very nice but wouldn’t budge on price given condition. Did I miss out?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm messaging the seller also about it. She responded once, but has been a little quiet, probably getting a lot of messages. I would take it if it was still available. Won't be able to pick it up until the weekend though. It's been on my list for a time and the price is right.

#21171 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Haven't seen this one posted....Free Black Pyramid. Ad has been out a week, so probably long gone, but you never know
danville.craigslist.org link
Edit: Could be a scam too, shows two different machines, one with a Top Gun BG

Sounds just like the NYC ad here a few weeks ago. Showed 3 machines and yup, one was a Goldwings (Top Gun).

#21172 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm messaging the seller also about it. She responded once, but has been a little quiet, probably getting a lot of messages. I would take it if it was still available. Won't be able to pick it up until the weekend though. It's been on my list for a time and the price is right.

Good luck, she said she had lots of interest hopefully you’re next in line. I was just mentally tallying a new backglass, playfield and plastics plus a full shop job and didn’t see the math working out. Then again it’s not one I have been on the hunt for specifically.

#21173 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Let's give it some perspective.
This is my Seawitch play field. It is being replaced with a Greenwich play field. I suppose it will wind up as a wall hanger if someone will buy it.
[quoted image]
This is the right side of my Seawitch cab.
[quoted image]
This is the inside of the right hand side of my Seawitch cab. You will notice a lot of paint missing from the inside of the cabinet. The reason all if this paint is missing is because the entire right hand wall of the cab is warped, or bowed inward. So every time the play field is raised, the side of the play field scratches paint from the wall. It is not just paint scratched off. There are grooves in the wood. The side of the cab is bowed inward about 3/8" at its deepest point.
[quoted image]
For 4 years I figured I would do a carpentry trick called kerf cutting. While doing kerf cuts will probably work, I don't know how well it would work and I am leaning in the direction of replacing the entire sidewall. But if I am going that far, then I might as well just build a new cab, which is my plan.
This will leave me in a position of having an old blown out play field leaning against the wall and an old wigged out cabinet taking up space.
What would you, or anybody, suggest I do with these two worn out pieces of shit? I could throw them in the dumpster. I could set them afire.
I have extra worn out flipper assemblies. I have some old nicotine stained pop bumper parts laying around. And I will also have an old set of plastics. And I have lots of used rubber rings.
I have enough stuff laying around that I could build a coffee table that looks like an old pinball machine.
Should I build a coffee table, or should I throw all of this stuff away?

Let’s be real here, from everything the buyer, newovad has told us it sounds like this guy just cut up a 9 ball recently because he still had the displays and backglass. Basically this seller was an ass

#21174 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Good luck, she said she had lots of interest hopefully you’re next in line. I was just mentally tallying a new backglass, playfield and plastics plus a full shop job and didn’t see the math working out. Then again it’s not one I have been on the hunt for specifically.

Thanks. We set up a meeting time for Sunday. I'm perfectly happy with a players condition game. I have a wall hanger backglass that i could potentially swap out if mine is better than the one in the game. There may or may not be CPR playfields, but I might just make a pf protector for it to address the cupped inserts. Hopefully the boards are serviceable if there are any issues there. Glad to hear that it booted though! That's a good start.

#21175 2 years ago

Minneapolis, MN

Three Williams project machine “package”
Doodle Bug, Big Deal, and Darling

$1000, lowered from $1200.

OP:
3 project pinballs and empty cabinet with extra parts head with reels. Selling as a package no splitting. 1200 obo

Me:
Super crusty but if he can be talked way down it may be worth it for someone.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/253691946584320/

#21176 2 years ago

So this post is a deal I've found right in my garage! I have a Gottlieb Torch that was working perfectly 2 years ago. Everything, right down to the rototarget. The roto stopped spinning, so I took it apart, cleaned the dried grease, relubed it, and it spun like a top. While putting it back together, I got my proverbial wires crossed and blew a transistor (on the replacement Pascal Janin board no less). I replaced the transistor and the associated diode, but I still get a "Stuck Coil" error. I'm doing what in gamer circles is known as "rage quitting." I don't want to mess with it any more. The roto target is removed, but still in the machine currently. As I mentioned, it has the Pascal PI-X4 board and a brand new backglass from BG Resto (not pictured). The backglass is still in my closet, never having been installed. I'm assuming it needs little to get working, but I'm done. I don't have time for it. $750 OBO.

20210816_145805 (resized).jpg20210816_145805 (resized).jpg20210816_145819 (resized).jpg20210816_145819 (resized).jpg
#21177 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Joker Poker is a popular title, they made a lot of them, and CPR made the backglass and I believe they made the playfield as well. Should be easy to find a nice used playfield and backglass after someone swapped in new copies on their pin.

#21178 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Joker Poker is a popular title, they made a lot of them, and CPR made the backglass and I believe they made the playfield as well. Should be easy to find a nice used playfield and backglass after someone swapped in new copies on their pin.

Yes, they did. Looks like they only did a silkscreened version, so I'm hoping down the line they will do a rerun (digital printed) version.

Or, as you noted, finding a nice used playfield. But to a certain point, if I'm going to do a swap, I'd rather just do it once, instead of only going to slightly nicer. I'm ok with some wear and bare wood showing. I'm not as picky as some that frequent these forums

From another picture that she sent me, the glass has some flaking, the clear tape treatment as noted by Hairball but it might present better than what I can see in pics.

#21179 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Minneapolis, MN
Three Williams project machine “package”
Doodle Bug, Big Deal, and Darling

Already marked sold.

#21180 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Already marked sold.

That was quick!

#21181 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm not as picky as some that frequent these forums

Hey now… I’m actually trying to be more choosy for my second machine. My first was /is a “players” Tri Zone that is pretty beat.

#21182 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Hey now… I’m actually trying to be more choosy for my second machine. My first was /is a “players” Tri Zone that is pretty beat

Tri Zone was a better deal though! At least I hope it was. Sadly $800 is the going rate for a Sinbad/Joker Poker or any SS bally/stern. If the JP was listed at $600 it would have been gone in an instant. You probably did the right thing by walking away. Projects are about enjoying the rebuild process.

That JP is probably a $400 in 2013 when I first started.

#21183 2 years ago

Game/Type: Comet
Year: March 1985
Production: 8,100
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/559219241945733/

$300- it went for a swim. Good luck to whoever gets it.

#21184 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Hey now… I’m actually trying to be more choosy for my second machine. My first was /is a “players” Tri Zone that is pretty beat.

I didn't mean you specifically

#21185 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Projects are about enjoying the rebuild process.

100%. I have always enjoyed the rebuild. I've never bought a mint condition machine in my life. I just wish I'd sold my Torch when it was perfect. It's hard to part with a machine you take from trash to working though.

#21186 2 years ago

I will be listing 3 pins soon.

A really nice bally spectrum. It is a project, but would be a great example for a collector

A bally viking project. It looks complete, but needs some board work and going through.

A beautiful T2 with the diamond plate playfield. I believe it is HUO. Not a project.

PM me if interested.

#21187 2 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Would be worth looking at. The back didn't look terrible in the pics, and the water on the wiring isn't a big deal unless it's been plugged in and turned on before drying out. For $300, at worst, it's a parts machine. At best, it's a nice player's Comet with a bit of work.

#21188 2 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I reached out last night through my wife's Facebook. Was told they had somebody coming to pick it up today. I told them to let me know if it fell through.

#21189 2 years ago

Have a project Lightning if interested. Ad is in the market.

#21190 2 years ago

Looks pretty good for the price:

Chicago Coin (EM)
Jukebox Pinball - $450
Mission Viejo, CA

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#21191 2 years ago

Not sure if these are projects, but here are two machines that I briefly looked at and (even more briefly) considered as my first machine but they're too far for me right now and I'm too wet behind the ears to know if they'be be ok. So I thought I'd pop them on here.

Game/Type: Count-Down
Year: March 1979
Production: 9,900
Price (at posting): $650
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/680708746220935/

#21192 2 years ago

...and the other:

Manufacturer: Game Plan
Game/Type: Super Nova
Year: March 1980
Production: 1,000
Price (at posting): $400
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/389958246078381/

#21193 2 years ago

Be a good project

Greenleaf, wi

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/190421593148710/

$75

4AF444F3-896A-405A-97CD-ED9BC4D38BDD (resized).png4AF444F3-896A-405A-97CD-ED9BC4D38BDD (resized).png
#21194 2 years ago
Quoted from JVice:

So this post is a deal I've found right in my garage! I have a Gottlieb Torch that was working perfectly 2 years ago. Everything, right down to the rototarget. The roto stopped spinning, so I took it apart, cleaned the dried grease, relubed it, and it spun like a top. While putting it back together, I got my proverbial wires crossed and blew a transistor (on the replacement Pascal Janin board no less). I replaced the transistor and the associated diode, but I still get a "Stuck Coil" error. I'm doing what in gamer circles is known as "rage quitting." I don't want to mess with it any more. The roto target is removed, but still in the machine currently. As I mentioned, it has the Pascal PI-X4 board and a brand new backglass from BG Resto (not pictured). The backglass is still in my closet, never having been installed. I'm assuming it needs little to get working, but I'm done. I don't have time for it. $750 OBO.
[quoted image][quoted image]

this is a hell of a deal with a pascal all in one included.

#21195 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/376378494099404/
Gottlieb
Pinball Pool
Placerville CA
$200

says not working , but the pic's look like its a clean machine. Bet its just a fuse

#21196 2 years ago

Star Gazer prototype?

#21197 2 years ago

Game/Type: F-14 Tomcat
Year: 1987
Production: 14,502
Price (at posting): $500
Link/Contact: smd.craigslist.org link

#21200 2 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

this xenon is a working machine, not a project.

I would consider needing a new play field a project.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
Troxel Repair

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 424 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/424 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.