Screenshot_20240318_092142_Chrome (resized).jpg
B72D3FD7-E334-4C70-B2B3-99E30898F742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2476 (resized).png
431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 522.
#21101 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

3rd escalera I've seen in the last 3 weeks. I bought the first 2.

Sell me one

#21102 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Pinbot / SS 4 player
Year: October 1986
Production: 12,001
Cost: $750
Link/Contact: sanangelo.craigslist.org link

This looks/seems to be legit, but I tried reaching out to this person and can't seem to get a reply, so who knows. Maybe someone is closer?

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 8.48.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-12 at 8.48.12 AM (resized).png
#21103 2 years ago

Sold 1 to a buddy with a house on a hill. He really needed it

#21104 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Sold 1 to a buddy with a house on a hill. He really needed it

Is your house on a hill? Asking for a friend.

#21105 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Is your house on a hill? Asking for a friend.

LOL just enough steps up to the front door to make it hard to do alone

#21106 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

LOL just enough steps up to the front door to make it hard to do alone

Darn it!

#21107 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Oddly enough, I was actually there about a week ago
[quoted image]

Did you get to see Rick or Big Hoss? Shake their hand, maybe .

Is there anything special about it or does it look like all the other crapped out pawn shops I frequent.

#21108 2 years ago

Flash Gordon in Texas for $325.
https://offerup.com/item/detail/1255237318

#21109 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is there anything special about it or does it look like all the other crapped out pawn shops I frequent.

I've spoken with people who've been there. They all say it's a much smaller place than you might think from watching the TV show.
The "Old Man" was the best. It's not the same without him. His best line ever: "Chumlee, I think you played with too much merkree (mercury) when you was a kid."

#21110 2 years ago
Quoted from caseydanger:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Pinbot / SS 4 player
Year: October 1986
Production: 12,001
Cost: $750

The ad says it needs a MB. Altek doesn't have them. Who is making Williams early SS boards?

#21111 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

The ad says it needs a MB. Altek doesn't have them. Who is making Williams early SS boards?

RottenDog makes one but it sure ain't cheap!

https://www.pinballlife.com/rottendog-williams-system-9-11-11c-mpu-board.html

#21112 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

None of the people you would know from the show were there. I asked around, and apparently they very rarely come in. Makes sense, I suppose.

It has many more high end items than any pawn shop I've ever been in. Rare art, ancient coins, etc. Mostly collectibles, and not any lawn mowers or tools, lol.

They do also sell a lot of the show's memorilbilia, like t-shirts, coins with the old man's face, etc.

I almost bought a Salvador Dali...but I don't know how I would have taken it on the plane.

I would recommend it just for the experience... especially if you have watched the show much.

#21113 2 years ago

Woof! I’m sticking with EMs!

#21114 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs/page/11

#21115 2 years ago

System 11. That replaces the two boards on System 11s, such as Laser Cue, with one board. An Alltek MPU and solenoid driver board will set you back near the same at $350.00 for the pair.

#21116 2 years ago

You could use an APC board to replace a sys11 MPU. Fairly cheap and easy to build.

#21117 2 years ago

Second checking out the dumbmass boards, especially if you can solder and populate them yourself.

#21118 2 years ago

Not for me, thanks. I can replace a bad resistor, but that’s the top of my game.

#21119 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Not for me, thanks. I can replace a bad resistor, but that’s the top of my game.

You can buy the bare mpu for $105, or you can pay him extra and he’ll populate it with all the necessary roms. Not sure what he’ll charge. Pm him.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs

#21120 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

You can buy the bare mpu for $105, or you can pay him extra and he’ll populate it with all the necessary roms. Not sure what he’ll charge. Pm him.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs

Expect about $500 but also expect that it will be better than the rottendog.

#21121 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

None of the people you would know from the show were there. I asked around, and apparently they very rarely come in. Makes sense, I suppose.
It has many more high end items than any pawn shop I've ever been in. Rare art, ancient coins, etc. Mostly collectibles, and not any lawn mowers or tools, lol.
They do also sell a lot of the show's memorilbilia, like t-shirts, coins with the old man's face, etc.
I almost bought a Salvador Dali...but I don't know how I would have taken it on the plane.
I would recommend it just for the experience... especially if you have watched the show much.

I've been a few times, used to go to Vegas yearly until my daughter was born. When I used to go, we met and talked with Rick, the old man, and Chum. Rick and Chum signed stuff for us and were pretty down to earth. I went when it was the small shop, then the bigger one. Sat outside once listening to a guy with a cannon rehearsing his lines, very scripted show. Cool experience though. We were inside during one filming, big security dude was threatening everyone to shut up and act casual or he'd throw us the F out. lol

#21122 2 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Second checking out the dumbmass boards, especially if you can solder and populate them yourself.

Thirded! While I don’t have experience with his MPU I do have one of his displays in my BK2k. He does good work and knows his stuff! He helped me bring a sys 11 board back from the dead.

#21124 2 years ago

I love laser cue.

#21125 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am selling a few pins to clear some room
I have 3 projects with no heads.
Gottlieb lawman-80
Gottlieb card trix-80
Laser cue-150
I will sell them as a group for 275. Local pickup. First floor, no stairs.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ahh the old, wish you were closer.... I'd take them, then spend ten years seeking the heads.

#21126 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I love laser cue.

I should not have sold mine. Great pin.

#21127 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Ahh the old, wish you were closer.... I'd take them, then spend ten years seeking the heads.

And when you don't take them, the heads pop up on Craigslist two weeks later

#21128 2 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

It never fails, Everytime

#21129 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Quoted from pinostalgia:

Quoted from pinostalgia:

It never fails, Everytime

The messed up thing is...I know where the heads are, but the seller hasn't responded to me in MONTHS. It is frustrating.

#21130 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The messed up thing is...I know where the heads are, but the seller hasn't responded to me in MONTHS. It is frustrating.

You would think they would want them out of the way.

Hopefully they haven't thrown them away

Do offers of cash go unanswered?

#21131 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am selling a few pins to clear some room
I have 3 projects with no heads.
Gottlieb lawman-pending
Gottlieb card trix-pending
Laser cue-150
Local pickup. First floor, no stairs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Three great titles. There are two separate forums for searching for cabinets and heads:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ss-heads-and-cabinets-needed-heads-and-cabinets-available
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-heads-needed-heads-available

#21132 2 years ago

This reminds me of the pinsider who bought a base ball machine with no head. All of the wires had been cut. Then he located a head from somewhere. When it shipped in, it had the same cut wires. He just by chance got the original head from his base ball machine.

#21133 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You would think they would want them out of the way.
Hopefully they haven't thrown them away
Do offers of cash go unanswered?

I have offered cash and he could leave them outside. I have made all types of attempts. Nothing. I hope he didn't pass away...

#21134 2 years ago

Coffee Table Alert
Stern Nine Ball
$300
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/265105035088892/

If he only knew that it would have been more valuable as a non-coffee table. And the fact that there's a smiley face after he said he gutted it

200.gif200.gif

Not sure if the mechs are all there or not, as it looks populated. But the drops are set up in a way that would suggest that they've been glued in place somehow.

#21135 2 years ago

FFS!

Way to turn a $3500 game into "$300" worth of junk! Anyone wanna pick that up for me? I set my mind to scratch building a Nine Ball and many of those parts would be helpful.

#21136 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Coffee Table Alert
Stern Nine Ball
$300
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/265105035088892/
If he only knew that it would have been more valuable as a non-coffee table. And the fact that there's a smiley face after he said he gutted it
[quoted image]
Not sure if the mechs are all there or not, as it looks populated. But the drops are set up in a way that would suggest that they've been glued in place somehow.

How easy is it to Google this game and check the value before you strip it? I mean at this point the drop mechanism is probably worth more than 300 dollars. That seller is the idiot of the year. He took the time and spent the energy taking it apart and then seems to revel in it.... Smh.

#21137 2 years ago

I'm gonna see if he'll ship it via Fastenal.

edit: Local pick up only. Damn it. Anyone wanna help a brother out?

#21138 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I was going to post the same thing. You got this. Someone help him out.

#21139 2 years ago

If anyone knows someone they can recommend, please let me know!

#21140 2 years ago

Road trip! OR send Brett Butler to pick it up.

#21141 2 years ago

Dodge City
Gottlieb em
$500 obo
Newburgh, ny
Pinsider retrojon87
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/117808

Me: Part of the cowboys leg is missing, but Pinsider John_I posted details on how to recreate the cowboy.

#21142 2 years ago

FFS!
Way to turn a $3500 game into "$300" worth of junk! Anyone wanna pick that up for me? I set my mind to scratch building a Nine Ball and many of those parts would be helpful.

I would guess he turned it into a coffee table a long time ago. Before it was worth anything. It was just an old pinball machine with a missing back box.

I could use the cabinet but it sounds like it is modded.

A back box could be built easily enough. Maybe you get lucky and the transformer is still sitting inside. The play field is toast so go with Mirco.

$2000.00, $2500.00 ( these were nose bleed prices 5 years ago ) tops and you could build a nice Nine Ball. You get the drop assemblies that look intact. You get the lock down bar. Coin door looks nice. And then.................... you realize that the wire harness is probably nowhere to be found. Seller says what you see is what you get. One could be built, but it would be some work. Any other parts needed can be bought.

Or it could be Quicksilver or Star Gazer bait.

I wish it was in my town.

#21143 2 years ago

I just really want the apron, coin door, long arm spinner, and ball guides. Anything else would be bonus material. I’ve actually have all the other parts.

Already resigned to making the harness, so that would only be a very welcome bonus if it was still there.

#21144 2 years ago

I just really want the apron, coin door, long arm spinner, and ball guides. Anything else would be bonus material. I’ve actually have all the other parts.
Already resigned to making the harness, so that would only be a very welcome bonus if it was still there.

Can Mk1Mod0 just make a harness? He does that a ton!

Also if anyone is looking for projects, I’ve got a Hollywood and a Stardust that are both in rough shape.

These games are currently hanging out in the hallway at the **Saratoga Silverball show** for decoration.

Stardust the bell keeps locking on and I’ve tried cleaning the contacts but it does it only when you hit the 1000 points. Weird. Several burnt coils but I already got replacements from Steve. shoot me offers if you’re interested. It’s pretty clapped out in the worst way. Horrible backglass horrible playfield. Game is like a 3/10 only thing good is the solid cabinet.

Hollywood is better overall, the doorbell chime is half melted, and the motor blows the fuse. Seized up or broken tooth, not sure what’s going on but it pulls over 20 amps alone so something ain’t right.
Good Backglass and decent playfield. All in all just a decent game with a score motor that needs a rebuild.

Feel free to make offers. I’ll be working on them this week trying to work out the issues in the meantime.

#21145 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This reminds me of the pinsider who bought a base ball machine with no head. All of the wires had been cut. Then he located a head from somewhere. When it shipped in, it had the same cut wires. He just by chance got the original head from his base ball machine.

My brother once bought a "North Star" head at a show. Found the body for it (ebay listing) like 12 years later. They were from the very same machine, and somehow got separated.
I found a head for a Gottlieb "Pleasure Isle" (only 235 produced). I had the lower part for about six years. A friend of mine found it at a car show, and picked it up for me cheap. The head turned up in Florida, and although there's no way to know for sure (no serial number on the head) the back story seemed to indicate that it was from that very game. Both had similar wear and tear as well.

#21146 2 years ago

I picked up a "Magnotron" head for $25 a while back, saved the guts and wired it up as a lightbox in my garage. I'm not a fan of the gameplay of the game anyway, so makes good garage decor.

20210814_091100.jpg20210814_091100.jpg

#21147 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Can Mk1Mod0 just make a harness? He does that a ton!

He has to have a template. For his Star Gazer harness, he bought a SG play field. For QS, I think someone loaned him a QS play field. For Seawitch, I removed my Lexan play field protector, and marked on the protector the position of every light and every switch and sent to to him.

So, to make a harness, he would need a Nine Ball play field for a road map.

#21148 2 years ago

If you are going to make a harness, you need colored striped wire.

Here is one way to make your own striped wire. I did take a tip from Shawn at Third Coast and use acrylic paints and a small paint brush to stripe my wires ( if needed), but if you are going to do a lot you need to build what this guy built. Start at post #36. Then skip to post #59.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-s-one-more-scared-stiff#post-4913086

Unfortunately, his link to Bay Area Amusements is not valid. It looks like Planetary Pinball has taken over for BAA.

#21149 2 years ago

Have a Playmatic Fantasy I’m going to list. Thought I’d throw it up here first (John ). Haven’t had time to get to it. $350

Not currently booting, but it looks like one coil is burnt, and the plate on the bottom of the scoring motor has a crack (not sure how central that is to getting the game running).

PF is perfect, BG is very nice with some minor flaking, cab is in good shape.

A71CAFF6-79EE-4014-88B2-E30E46A96D4E (resized).jpegA71CAFF6-79EE-4014-88B2-E30E46A96D4E (resized).jpegC94FAED0-A19B-40A1-A02E-27B5EA24BF23 (resized).jpegC94FAED0-A19B-40A1-A02E-27B5EA24BF23 (resized).jpeg

#21150 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If you are going to make a harness, you need colored striped wire.
Here is one way to make your own striped wire. I did take a tip from Shawn at Third Coast and use acrylic paints and a small paint brush to stripe my wires ( if needed), but if you are going to do a lot you need to build what this guy built. Start at post #36. Then skip to post #59.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-s-one-more-scared-stiff#post-4913086
Unfortunately, his link to Bay Area Amusements is not valid. It looks like Planetary Pinball has taken over for BAA.

Yep, Planetary Pinball. That's where I get my striped color wire - just put "wire yellow blue" (i.e. wire plus the two colors you want) in the search box:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 169.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 22.50
There are 26,067 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/423 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.