C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 434.
#1251 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

What made me look closer at this, was because of the ball coming right back at the flipper when the shot is made up there .Can you all check left ramp and ball guide there on left side/ If you look in the pic's you can see the issue. It must have been installed like this from factory, I only had this game since July, about 200 plays or so. That guard rail is bent all the way down. Tried bending with fingers but she not budging. No way ball strikes did this on such little plays. The edge of ramp is getting direct hits and is starting to get bashed.

1911881_10202497860957553_452408... 65 KB

10171850_10202497861637570_46992... 55 KB

Just looked at mine and it's straight up and down. Lift the pf and see if it's bolted on, if so you should be able to remove and straighten it. I can't get at my game to check. If you can straighten it and put it back in I'd change all the balls, they are probably pretty banged up which is not good for the pf.

#1252 9 years ago

I wonder if loosening those two wooden screws on the ramp flap would allow me to slide it over some. If you see my pic, it seems it could slide some to the left which will put the edge lined up with the guard rail. Would I need to make new holes under the ramp flap after adjustment?
Thanks

#1253 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I wonder if loosening those two wooden screws on the ramp flap would allow me to slide it over some. If you see my pic, it seems it could slide some to the left which will put the edge lined up with the guard rail. Would I need to make new holes under the ramp flap after adjustment?
Thanks

I don't think that would be a good idea and I don't think that would work. Look and see if you can unbolt it from the underside and take it off, I'm pretty sure you can. It has to be fixed the right way. No hack job.

#1254 9 years ago

I will have to look to see if its bolted. If it is, how do I go about straightening it out?

#1255 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I will have to look to see if its bolted. If it is, how do I go about straightening it out?

Run nuts the complete length if the threads, put that in a vise then bend the unthreaded part with whatever will work but something without teeth as not to mar the part surface, something like a cresent wrench.

#1256 9 years ago
Quoted from gdwats:

Here's what I've been able to figure out so far - Met pro v1.63, default settings.
- Blackened can be started during any multiball or mode including CIU's.
You can start multiball or any mode including CIU's while Blackened is running.
NOTE: DMD animations tend to show whichever was started first.
- 40 sec timer. Super jackpot starts at 1M.
- Hitting any of the shots described below will pause the timer for a few seconds.
If the timer value is below 15 sec, hitting a shot will reset the timer back to 15 sec.
After mode has started...
- Complete pick targets to collect band members.
- Collecting a band member will score a "band member" jackpot, add that value to the super jackpot,
increment the next "band member" jackpot, and light all the spider shots on the playfield.
- Shooting a lit spider shot will collect a "spider" jackpot, add that value to the super jackpot,
increment the next "spider" jackpot, and un-light that shot for further jackpots.
Re-light all spider shots by collection another band member.
- Collecting the 3rd band member lights SPECIAL on the outlanes.
- Collecting the 4th band member randomly flashes one of the spider shots for super jackpot.
After collecting, the super jackpot base value resets to 1M.
NOTE: All Blackened jackpots reset when the mode finishes.
- Use FUEL and/or multiball for 2x or 4x scoring.

Correction: SPECIAL is lit when you collect the 3rd band member during the qualification stage of Blackened, not when you collect the 3rd band member during Blackened mode.

#1257 9 years ago

Has anyone with an older pro modded with LEDs installed the 1.63 LED code? Or are you sticking with the standard pro 1.63?

#1258 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Has anyone with an older pro modded with LEDs installed the 1.63 LED code? Or are you sticking with the standard pro 1.63?

I'm also wondering about this. I might LED mine out and not sure if I should switch the code out.

#1259 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Run nuts the complete length if the threads, put that in a vise then bend the unthreaded part with whatever will work but something without teeth as not to mar the part surface, something like a cresent wrench.

Haven't checked yet, but your saying the guard rail is secured from under the playfield with nuts? I though these were hammered into the playfield. Anyways If I don't have a vise, what other options is there to straighten it? Would Stern replace something like this?

#1260 9 years ago

I sent an inquiry to Stern to see what they say.

#1261 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

but your saying the guard rail is secured from under the playfield with nuts? I though these were hammered into the playfield

I can't get at my game that's why I asked you to check yours.

#1262 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Haven't updated yet but is there a concern it would change?

#1263 9 years ago

They now have 2 versions of pro code. I was just wondering if this LED version was designed with a non-ghosting patch or something beneficial to those who put LEDs in their incandescent pro. Or if it would "break" something if installed on the older model.

#1264 9 years ago

I'm running the new code on my pro with LEDs with zero issues, what would the problem be with this new code?

#1265 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

They now have 2 versions of pro code.

Ah, gotcha.

#1266 9 years ago

I think the LED code takes away dimming effects since LEDs can't handle those without a OCD. In fact, fans of the OCD board should run the non-LED style option. It was covered more in one of the IMVE version threads where herg chimed in to the discussion.

#1267 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I think the LED code takes away dimming effects since LEDs can't handle those without a OCD.

I thought the LED version was the only one that could dim? The regular bulb pro has no dimming effects. Or does the premium have a built in OCD?

#1268 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought the LED version was the only one that could dim? The regular bulb pro has no dimming effects. Or does the premium have a built in OCD?

I'm not certain - but I thought no built in OCD in its entirety, but there was some built in ghosting prevention that also has to be bypassed when using the OCD.

#1269 9 years ago

Hmm...confusing indeed.

#1270 9 years ago

This is the thread that had some discussion on the matter:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-182-code-readme

#1271 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I can't get at my game that's why I asked you to check yours.

No it doesn't not go through the playfield. It was advised not to try and remove, the only option here is to bend it in place where it is. Gonna try locking pliers, with some tape and a rag on the rail to not to do damage, and get the pliers on there and bend it slowly. Gonna attempt without removing anything, it has some space.

#1272 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Haven't tried it yet. I have most of mine LED'd at this point, everything except the parameter lighting. All the objectives: snake, cross, switch, spider arrows, guitar picks, flashers, slingshot, spot lights, the rectangle objective completions (down by the flippers), FUEL and lane lights are all LED.
Maybe I will download the code and try it this weekend...
IMG_1481.JPGIMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1485.JPGIMG_1485.JPG

#1273 9 years ago

Just recently picked up a Met pro. Wicked fun game. Just cleaned it and put LEDs in. I put some puple rubbers in it but they are hardly noticeable. Can clear or flourecent purple rubber be bought? Any suggestions on what to Mod it with?
1002142151a.jpg1002142151a.jpg
0928141949a.jpg0928141949a.jpg

#1274 9 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can clear or flourecent purple rubber be bought? Any suggestions on what to Mod it with?

Clear yes but floresent purple I don't think so. I put a plasma disc on mine.

IMGA0026.JPGIMGA0026.JPG
#1275 9 years ago

Just had the game of my life on my METLE. I heard sounds and got jackpots I never knew were there. For instance I hit a 30 million jackpot while playing casket MB.

I collected 3 of the 4 CIU's and failed to cash in on the last one. Question though, how do you get to EOL? I thought once you finished all for CIU it would start or something would be lit to start. I played for another 4 mins or so on my last ball after the 4th CIU and never saw anything. Do you have to light all 4 items again to get it started?

This game will probably never happen again but boy was it ever a rush!

P.S. - I've been trying since I got this game at my house to knock Brents (previous owners) GC off the machine. It was 206 million. Thus they GC name

20141003_145216.jpg20141003_145216.jpg

#1276 9 years ago

Basically, EOL is the 5th Crank it up mode. You have to play the other 4, then qualify CIU for the 5th time. Start EOL at the scoop.

Hey purpledrilmonkey - you should post your score... It was gross. Thankfully you didn't sully my machine with your crap.

#1277 9 years ago

This one?
image.jpgimage.jpg
Over 200 mil pulled out of fade to black, and over 200 mil from blackened.

Completed all 4 CIU and had chair and snake lit for EOL. Game took forever.

#1278 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

This one?

image.jpg 211 KB

Holy crap!

#1279 9 years ago

This one?

Please tell me you gimped up the game somehow - 5 balls, lanes closed down, something - I'm lucky to break 100M on factory.

#1280 9 years ago

Dang, just when I thought I had a killer score. Guess, it's back to the drawing board to knock out another score

I wonder what is harder to hit one billion on. Met or AC/DC. Seems like scores can jump real fast on both games if you get things set up just right.

Quoted from swampfire:

Please tell me you gimped up the game somehow - 5 balls, lanes closed down, something - I'm lucky to break 100M on factory.

For mine it was:
- 3 balls
- fairly tight tilt ( I only have 2 inches between backboxes of machines.)
- replay set at 45 million which awards an extra ball
- factory settings
- lanes in the open spot
- standard flipper rubbers with supper band post rubbers and transparent rubbers everywhere else
- Game is set at almost 7 degrees (last check was 6.8)

Was honestly a lucky game for me. I'm doing good to break 100 million as well. I'll break that about 20% of the time. Other than that its normally 35-50 million.

#1281 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That is NOT a typical score for me FYI. The biggest contributing 'luck' was a 135 mil blackened SJP. I kept it going thru like 3 multiballs and doubled the collect. Massive payoff.

In the interest of full disclosure, EB's are on (after a standard 3 balls I had ~800 mil I believe) and my outlanes are on indeed the low setting (cheater!). Replays on score are not EB's

My former GC was ~450 mil with those same settings.

I've also been tearing up Tron lately... been to portal 3 times this week. Outlanes are stock on that one. Must be something I've been drinking (ie-rum)

#1282 9 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Just recently picked up a Met pro. Wicked fun game. Just cleaned it and put LEDs in. I put some puple rubbers in it but they are hardly noticeable. Can clear or flourecent purple rubber be bought? Any suggestions on what to Mod it with?

I have done alot of mods on mine some of my musts are:
ff back panel (or similar)
shaker
micro display is awesome
pinpac n sub
PDI Glass is well worth the $$$
and paint sparky here's mine:
CAM00214.jpgCAM00214.jpg

1002142151a.jpg 265 KB

0928141949a.jpg 176 KB

#1283 9 years ago

This one?

image.jpg 211 KB

WoW! that's crazy. You may NOT play my Met.

#1284 9 years ago

Snake started not registering the ball when it was in his mouth, he would spit it out, but not credit it as having been in there. Thought it might have been an adjustment with the switch, but it was fine. I checked it with my ohm meter and the switch was not always reading zero ohms when closed, it wasn't open (when closed), but the resistance was a little too high occasionally. I took the switch out and sprayed some contact cleaner down into the button location and gave it about a dozen cycles. Works like a champ now!

#1285 9 years ago

So I notice when I'm in multiball, a lot of the time the shooter lane kicker will continue to auto fire sometimes. It will auto fire every 3 seconds or so, like it thinks a ball is in the lane. It even happens when all 4 balls are in play and there is nothing in the trough.

In switch test modes, all the trough switches and the shooter lane switch work fine. Any ideas? I'm assuming this is not normal...

#1286 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So I notice when I'm in multiball, a lot of the time the shooter lane kicker will continue to auto fire sometimes. It will auto fire every 3 seconds or so, like it thinks a ball is in the lane. It even happens when all 4 balls are in play and there is nothing in the trough.
In switch test modes, all the trough switches and the shooter lane switch work fine. Any ideas? I'm assuming this is not normal...

Likely it is that your shooter lane switch is too sensitive.

#1287 9 years ago

In the Club as of Friday...LEDs and shaker motor installed!
DSC_0706.JPGDSC_0706.JPG
DSC_0718.JPGDSC_0718.JPG
DSC_0723.JPGDSC_0723.JPG

#1288 9 years ago

What do you guys think about a shaker in this game? I love shakers. I have one in my IMve and LotR. Just wondering if it's integrated nicely and if I should pick one up for this game.

#1289 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What do you guys think about a shaker in this game? I love shakers. I have one in my IMve and LotR. Just wondering if it's integrated nicely and if I should pick one up for this game.

It's a MUST HAVE.

#1290 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's a MUST HAVE.

Dammit! I knew that would be the case. I was going to order one last night and mentioned it to the wife. She put a kabosh on that. I think she's at her limit with my pinball purchases as of late. Just wanted to see how far I should push for it.....looks like I'll just ask for forgiveness and forget the whole permission thing. The way I see it. Ya spend that much on a toy, why now spend a hair more to make it that much better! I always think a shaker and a sub-woofer is a must have.

#1291 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's a MUST HAVE.

Put mine in yesterday....lovin' it

#1292 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Dammit! I knew that would be the case. I was going to order one last night and mentioned it to the wife. She put a kabosh on that. I think she's at her limit with my pinball purchases as of late. Just wanted to see how far I should push for it.....looks like I'll just ask for forgiveness and forget the whole permission thing. The way I see it. Ya spend that much on a toy, why now spend a hair more to make it that much better! I always think a shaker and a sub-woofer is a must have.

that's ONE of the reasons I never got married. I can do what I want.

#1293 9 years ago

Shaker's good enough that we couldn't pick between Tron and Met and had to buy a second. I'm glad we did, because Tron REALLY has to have it for Zuse mode...it's just not the same otherwise.

I think a "good" score for me is around the 230 million mark. Our outlanes are open all the way IIRC, our tilt is pretty loose to compensate. I'm of the personal belief that if there's room to move the game without damaging another game or the one being played, then by all means, move that thing. People say that tilts are there to keep the games from getting damaged...horsecrap. I've never had any of my games damaged by being shaken or doing slide saves. Thankfully we're very good at not bumping them into each other. I leave a very tight tilt on Jackbot so that I don't forget how to play a "normal" game.

#1294 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I think a "good" score for me is around the 230 million mark. Our outlanes are open all the way IIRC, our tilt is pretty loose to compensate.

I hope to get close to that someday. I have thus far resisted adding extra balls instead of replays like some of the weenies on here, I don't want it to be cheap!!

#1295 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

that's ONE of the reasons I never got married. I can do what I want.

LOL! Right on man. I hear ya. To be honest though, I wouldn't be able to afford the life I/We live without her income as well. I think I'll keep her

#1296 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Shaker's good enough that we couldn't pick between Tron and Met and had to buy a second. I'm glad we did, because Tron REALLY has to have it for Zuse mode...it's just not the same otherwise.
I think a "good" score for me is around the 230 million mark. Our outlanes are open all the way IIRC, our tilt is pretty loose to compensate. I'm of the personal belief that if there's room to move the game without damaging another game or the one being played, then by all means, move that thing. People say that tilts are there to keep the games from getting damaged...horsecrap. I've never had any of my games damaged by being shaken or doing slide saves. Thankfully we're very good at not bumping them into each other. I leave a very tight tilt on Jackbot so that I don't forget how to play a "normal" game.

Tron's shaker is unparalleled imo. Met's is good, but Tron wins hands down.

With outlanes open, my good scores are right in that 200 mil range as well. Had a handful of 300+ millions (GC of 400 ish once) but those are rare. I closed the inlanes up once CIU and EOL modes became attainable and I still haven't seen progression to the end. I care less about score right now and more about getting to the end. That big game above hilariously had some of the worst CIU starts ever... I bet I played 3 MB's accidentally cause I couldn't get the damn CIU scoop down.

#1297 9 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

DSC_0706.JPG 270 KB

DSC_0718.JPG 277 KB

DSC_0723.JPG 272 KB

Looks awesome!

#1298 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I put a shaker in mine. While it is nice, it doesn't integrate as much as I would like. I would like it to activate when shots that are lit are made, but in my experience that isn't the case. If you have $200 lying around go for it, but in my opinion it doesn't add a lot to the game. My 25 cents.

#1299 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

LOL! Right on man. I hear ya. To be honest though, I wouldn't be able to afford the life I/We live without her income as well. I think I'll keep her

That's a good enough reason.

#1300 9 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

DSC_0706.JPG 270 KB

DSC_0718.JPG 277 KB

DSC_0723.JPG 272 KB

Those purples look great! What kind and where from?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 149.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.