Metallica PBT 1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0369 (resized).jpeg
45F86A5C-164A-4AE7-82D5-F956B0FBF61A (resized).png
13D88BB1-0F57-46B2-92AB-557955F4A9B6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0271 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1257 9 years ago

Has anyone with an older pro modded with LEDs installed the 1.63 LED code? Or are you sticking with the standard pro 1.63?

#1263 9 years ago

They now have 2 versions of pro code. I was just wondering if this LED version was designed with a non-ghosting patch or something beneficial to those who put LEDs in their incandescent pro. Or if it would "break" something if installed on the older model.

#1312 9 years ago

I just picked up a MET pro last week and opted for the original style... I prefer the plain speaker panel. I also figured with the $$ saved I could do LEDs the way I want and have some left over for mods. Already bought the green plastic protector set and PF slide brackets from Pinball Life and a mystery hole protector.

Very happy to have a MET & my first Stern. Can't wait for #2!

1 week later
#1364 9 years ago

Pascal I just swapped out my incandescent for LED... most everything is wedge. 6 GI in the back are bayonet, Inserts 2 guitar picks and 2 Fuel colors (red, green) are also bayonet. 2 more in the Mystery insert... I think that is about it. Most of the flashers are bayonet style.

I went with Comet this time around and used Sunlight for GI which is a nice balance between warm & cool. I did Ice Blue for the 6 back bayonet bulbs and that looks good. OpMax bulbs did a great job with the fuel meter inserts. The only inserts I'm not quite happy with are the orange snakes... still experimenting with those.

#1366 9 years ago

Sorry I think there is also 1 or 2 more bayonet insert bulbs by Sparky's feet.

LEDs are a lot of fun to tweak, and everyone has their own taste. I've never been a fan of more than a few colored GI bulbs. Here is a pic just to highlight what the Ice Blue looks like. I also put them at Sparky's feet.

met.jpgmet.jpg
5 months later
#2486 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They haven't given any indication of a timeline, we just know they're working on it.

faster.jpgfaster.jpg
#2574 8 years ago

I just pulled the trigger on the sigma color DMD to have on hand when full color code is released. Sill very pleased with Met gameplay, and I expect to have it around for a long time.

#2681 8 years ago

I had asked about the Pinbits sparky protector before purchasing. You get a yellow one if you buy with colored slings or a clear one with clear slings. Even though its not in the picture they include it with the set.

#2711 8 years ago

Color DMD in the house.

My favorite mods for the pro are service rails, color dmd and snake fangs. Also putting on the pinbits plastic set today.

MET.jpgMET.jpg
#2716 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Gotta have the tongue sticker for the snake to go with the fangs, too.

Absolutley. .

#2722 8 years ago

MET has to be the easiest game I've shopped yet. Pleasantly surprised by that, in & out quickly no troubles at all. First game with the sparky protector... that is definitely a must-have for Metallica. So smooth compared to all that bouncing around!

#2724 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Did you need any extra hardware to install the ColorDMD or was everything you needed in the box?

It came with everything I needed, but I have an older incandescent pro converted to led. I haven't seen the new led pros but from what I gather they have a different speaker panel design.

#2753 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Anyone have any links to custom score cards?

The Aurium cards are nice for everything he's done.

http://www.pinballcards.com/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcardscom-custom-instruction-cards

MET.jpgMET.jpg
#2805 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Left sling spot led came out and ended up in the trough...

I hot glued my spot bulbs after having one stuck in the trough. No problem since.

#2809 8 years ago

My cross and snake flasher was glued in at the factory. No biggie just peel it back and pull if you need to swap a bulb. I replaced those two without a problem.

#2857 8 years ago

Haha, I remember the first day I had MET. A buddy came over to help get it in the house and he was playing a few games. My 5 year old daughter walks in as he scores Jack F'in' Pot! Whoops.

#3060 8 years ago

ColorDMD always lets me see things that I had missed. Got my dmd ready for code!

#3169 8 years ago

Oh yeah, those sparky flashers... I put flathead flex in there and angled away from my eyes. Ouch!

#3200 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

What color translucent drop targets should I put in the cemetery?

I think purple could look good.

1 week later
#3395 8 years ago

Same thing happened to my cross flasher.

4 weeks later
#3665 8 years ago

Anybody know a good place to pick up one of those nice chrome shooters seen on refinery editions? I don't see that for sale at Pinball Refinery. Or I missed it.

1 week later
#3768 8 years ago

Took off green sling protectors after I got the clear Pinbits set.

#3770 8 years ago

I saw that pic you posted a while back MustangPaul. Definitely a big improvement for keeping the green and some of the original plastic color. That's my primary beef with colored GI in general... I'd rather see the color of the plastics come through.

1 week later
#3829 8 years ago

Ball flew off 1st game after removed, promptly put the guard back. Looks way better without, but...

2 months later
#4435 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Have any longtime owners noticed inlane wear from the balls dropping down out of the ramps?

Got an older Met pro and I placed ball drop mylar down at the same time I installed the pinbits plastic protectors. No wear and it looks invisible.

1 month later
#4611 8 years ago

Shopped out my MET today with Titan rings, got everything cleaned & waxed. Looks like a brand new pin again!

Titan MET.jpgTitan MET.jpg

#4616 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice job.....feel free to come over and do mine. I'll feed ya some beers.

MET was a breeze compared to all the B/W craziness I've dealt with!

I like those boney flips too, tilted. They fit right into the theme.

2 weeks later
#4700 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

(grouchy old man alert)
I don't know why people feel to urge to put artwork on every square inch of a machine. I like the plain black speaker panel just fine.

Yep- I'd rather have classic black than a repeat of the splatter artwork. Now if DD created new artwork for the speaker panel...

2 weeks later
#4876 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Hey, another one who took the spot lights off the slingshot plastic! Iam glad I temoved this and the sneezeguard on the right. Much cleaner look for the Home environment. Is there full Metallica rubber kits available at Titan?

Yes I definitely like the cleaner look without the spotlights. Wish I could remove the sneeze guard but my balls were just flying off the wireform without it.

I didn't really find a kit that I liked, so just went by the manual plus ordered a couple of extras. I replaced the 7/16 o.d. near the left ramp with the smaller 3/8 to make that shot a bit easier. I can pm you with the list I bought if you want it.

#4877 8 years ago

Noticed some flakey snake switch behavior tonight... some balls not registering when inside the snake mouth on my pro. Wondering if this is a matter of a switch adjustment, or because I am missing the diode? Mine has none, and I've never seen a microswitch without a diode. Can one of you please take a quick look and verify? Thanks.

snake.jpgsnake.jpg

1 month later
#5145 8 years ago

I'd definitely buy a premium translite. Hopefully after met runs are finished Stern will print themselves some of this money. Then again maybe it would not be possible without a license extention. Not entirely sure how those work.

2 months later
#6083 8 years ago

yzfguy, do you have the extended sparky plastic? I used to have tons of airballs, and pinball slamming down on the magnet but that's entirely been fixed by the pinbits plastic set.

#6085 8 years ago

They're very accommodating, I bet they'd sell one single even if it wasn't on the webpage. It totally changed my gameflow, highly recommended.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=mmp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.