Topic Stats

• 16,891 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by Sparky
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,859 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191121_190619 (resized).jpg
20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16891 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 338.
#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well for instance the rising cross is just a little toy animation, it doesn't actually do anything. But the opening and closing snake jaw actually changes the way the game plays (for the better), so I'd list that over the cross personally if I was making a short list. Along with the spinner.
But really, the lights are my most favorite feature of the upgrades, both the color changing inserts and especially the GI.

Ah yes. The snake jaw and spinners. I kinda wish I had the snake jaw.

#1352 5 years ago

Hubby originally ordered an LE, but ended up not being enough to go around...so he opted for premium Road Case, now he is glad he did because he says he would've had a hard time (having me) doing all the custom stuff he wanted done to it. He is much happier with the Road Case!
Will have it at Expo this week in the free play room for everyone to play!

Phoebe

#1353 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I think you need to change the setting that says something like features continue from ball to ball. Otherwise you arent likely to get S&D. Well at least im not.
I think there is a similar setting for band members resetting after each ball.

What should I change it too to get other modes? I don't get it, so in the wild/route you wont get S&D unless the OP changed a setting? Help me understand Rick, thanks in advance.

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

works great. the only thing I have heard can happen is the captive ball can become magnetized and the ball in play can get stuck to it.. Might have to swap the ball out if that happens but I am not worried about it.
It allows for all sorts of good grazing shots to sparky and left ramp. also opens up the middle a bit from the right flipper.

As long as you don't use Silverjets/chrome-steel balls, the captive ball wont become magnetized permanently.

What can happen very rarely is the ball in play will stick to the captive ball when the coffin magnet is energized, much like getting multiple balls stuck to the sparky magnet, or cross magnet. Once the magnet turns off, the ball is released and usually falls into the coffin lock anyway.

#1355 5 years ago

would you L.E./premium owners replace your hammer with this? I was wondering if any modders would do a replacement, but this is not what I expected!

ebay.com link » Metallica Pinball Hammer Replacement Mod Premium Le

#1356 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

would you L.E./premium owners replace your hammer with this? I was wondering if any modders would do a replacement, but this is not what I expected!

Never ... That is Ugly as Fuk

The hammer is from And justice for all
That this is from Ugly Land !!!

Sorry to be so negative about this but
C'mon.... Pffff

#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-hammer-replacement-mod-premle

Didn't get too much love round here

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Hubby originally ordered an LE, but ended up not being enough to go around...so he opted for premium Road Case, now he is glad he did because he says he would've had a hard time (having me) doing all the custom stuff he wanted done to it. He is much happier with the Road Case!
Will have it at Expo this week in the free play room for everyone to play!
Phoebe

Seeing this very game at Louisville is what sold me on buying my Pro. Anyone at Expo needs to be playing this Metallica as I'm pretty positive you won't find a nicer one!

#1359 5 years ago

Jeff the inserts on the main shots in the game reset/clear by default with factory settings. So to get S&D. You would have to do it in one ball. Same with blackened mode and the band member guitar pics.

There are settings to allow the status to continue from ball to ball that you would have to change from no to yes. I can look for the setting numbers sometime if you want. Its one of the first things indo when i up date my machines code

5 ball cause is suck and i want to see EOL someday
2 settings to allow s&d and guitar pics to go from ball to ball
Make the snake hold the ball in its mouth during snake add a ball multiplier (assume prem le does this by default)
Free play
Etc.

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Jeff the inserts on the main shots in the game reset/clear by default with factory settings. So to get S&D. You would have to do it in one ball. Same with blackened mode and the band member guitar pics.
There are settings to allow the status to continue from ball to ball that you would have to change from no to yes. I can look for the setting numbers sometime if you want. Its one of the first things indo when i up date my machines code
5 ball cause is suck and i want to see EOL someday
2 settings to allow s&d and guitar pics to go from ball to ball
Make the snake hold the ball in its mouth during snake add a ball multiplier (assume prem le does this by default)
Free play
Etc.

I'm pretty sure on default settings, if you lit an entire row (cross, snake, and electric chair), then hit it while flashing, then collected the hurry up, this will carry that row\shot over from ball to ball.

#1361 5 years ago

Yup. No need to do on one ball. Any inserts "locked in" will stay that way. I'm far from an amazing player and I can get Seek and Destroy.

#1362 5 years ago

I think you guys are right, my bad. I was over simplifying how much clears.

#1363 5 years ago

hey guys,

normally I will have a Metallica pro next week.
I would like to switch the lamps with leds.
are the GI lamps all wedge?
are all the insert lamps also wedge?

any suggestions on the GI colors? cool white/red/blue?

all tips are welcome...

#1364 5 years ago

Pascal I just swapped out my incandescent for LED... most everything is wedge. 6 GI in the back are bayonet, Inserts 2 guitar picks and 2 Fuel colors (red, green) are also bayonet. 2 more in the Mystery insert... I think that is about it. Most of the flashers are bayonet style.

I went with Comet this time around and used Sunlight for GI which is a nice balance between warm & cool. I did Ice Blue for the 6 back bayonet bulbs and that looks good. OpMax bulbs did a great job with the fuel meter inserts. The only inserts I'm not quite happy with are the orange snakes... still experimenting with those.

#1365 5 years ago

thanks MMP for the info !!

#1366 5 years ago

Sorry I think there is also 1 or 2 more bayonet insert bulbs by Sparky's feet.

LEDs are a lot of fun to tweak, and everyone has their own taste. I've never been a fan of more than a few colored GI bulbs. Here is a pic just to highlight what the Ice Blue looks like. I also put them at Sparky's feet.

met.jpg
#1367 5 years ago

Only LEDs I've added are frosted whites under white inserts. Not a fan of clown puking, but to each their own.

#1368 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Only LEDs I've added are frosted whites under white inserts. Not a fan of clown puking, but to each their own.

I feel the exact same way. I have white frosted under the white inserts and a handful of GI led bulbs.

#1369 5 years ago

as said already, there're so many ways to positivly mod this pin while mixing various colours, just do your way

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

hey guys,
normally I will have a Metallica pro next week.
I would like to switch the lamps with leds.
are the GI lamps all wedge?
are all the insert lamps also wedge?
any suggestions on the GI colors? cool white/red/blue?
all tips are welcome...

I have a spreadsheet that i made that maps out each insert led with what type base it is and what color and type led i used. If you want it pm me your email and ill send it to you. Last time i tried pinside wouldnt allow xls attachments to posts or to pinside mail.

#1371 5 years ago

Finally! I'm joining the MET owner's club... Beautiful HUO MET Premium Road Case, with Monsters backglass (signed by Borg), a ton of cool mods and in perfect shape.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

photo.JPG

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from geekmiki:

Finally! I'm joining the MET owner's club... Beautiful HUO MET Premium Road Case, with Monsters backglass (signed by Borg), a ton of cool mods and in perfect shape.
Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

photo.JPG 242 KB

Welcome, great game.

#1373 5 years ago

Joining the club today. NIB Met Pro is scheduled for delivery this afternoon! Just dragging through work waiting on that phone call.

#1374 5 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Joining the club today. NIB Met Pro is scheduled for delivery this afternoon! Just dragging through work waiting on that phone call.

Dang another one. Welcome, let the modding begin.

#1375 5 years ago

Welcome to the club! Metallica is a kick ass game!

#1376 5 years ago

Hey you guys, you HAVE TO check out drummer Meytal Cohen's drum rendition video of Enter Sandman. She is one KICK ASS little lady and if ya have a good sound system CRANK IT UP! A friend posted it up on my FB page, it's on utube I imagine. I've played it about 10 times already. I wonder if she's that good playin the pin.

#1377 5 years ago

show us paul..

#1378 5 years ago

Don't know how, you'll have to find it yourself. Maybe Google her name or find it on utube. If ya find it post a link.

#1379 5 years ago

Is this it..?? NICE....

#1380 5 years ago

These chicks are awesome...

Listen to these chicks to compare...

they are all great..I think she is the much better drummer,

#1381 5 years ago

No that's not it, the one I saw was just her and the sound was alot cleaner.

#1382 5 years ago

Is this it? I've watched a lot of her in the past, she rocks!

#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

These chicks are awesome..., any chick's who plays rock and roll are the best, thanks for adding!!!!
Listen to these chicks to compare...
» YouTube video
they are all great..I think she is the much better drummer, love this song...

I'll give um an A for effort but they just sounded off to me. Look for Meytal's video where she's all by herself, that's the one I saw and listened to.

#1384 5 years ago

Since we're talking Met and Meytal.....these are good as well!

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Is this it? I've watched a lot of her in the past, she rocks!
» YouTube video

Yup that's it. Thanks, Is she from the States?

#1386 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup that's it. Thanks, Is she from the States?

I believe so, just enter her name on YouTube and see all she has to offer.

I have a great pc surround sound, so it sounds great cranking it!

Now I just need to get myself the pin! Still looking btw.

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

» YouTube video
And my fav:
» YouTube video

Yeah those are great too. Thanks

#1388 5 years ago

they are all good..

#1389 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Damn. She is super tight and spot on.

#1390 5 years ago

Yes, yes she is good.!

#1391 5 years ago

Look out lars! Shes coming for ya!

#1392 5 years ago

I remember when this thread was aboot Metallica. Anyway...

Quoted from Hougie:

I feel the exact same way. I have white frosted under the white inserts and a handful of GI led bulbs.

I did also put in a green flasher for the Snake...looks pretty good IMO.

#1393 5 years ago

Swapped my block for a Newton ball last night. Love it, totally worth the effort to upgrade.

image.jpg

#1394 5 years ago

Really need an updated set of rules for this game.

Take Sparky multiball -

How do you get SJ?

What happens if you get all the faces on the dmd?

Do you just keep bashing Sparky?

#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Swapped my block for a Newton ball last night. Love it, totally worth the effort to upgrade.

image.jpg 267 KB

I concur.. super awesome easy upgrade.

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

image.jpg 267 KB

Did it myself a few months back. Would never go back myself.

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Really need an updated set of rules for this game.
Take Sparky multiball -
How do you get SJ?

Fill the meter at the bottom of the DMD by shooting jackpots (orbits and sparky) or with switch hits, SJP is at Sparky. I don't know how many exactly you need, or how many switch hits are 'equivalent' to a jackpot. Jackpots fill the meter fast, switches slowly.

What happens if you get all the faces on the dmd?
Do you just keep bashing Sparky?

After 7 SJP's (I think 7 is all faces?) all shots become lit for SJP's. Its insane points especially with 2x or 4x going. Like 4 mil+ a shot for ANY chair shot.

Also if you get the chance, try to check out the DMD when you get a SJP - there are like 3-4 different DMD animations that are all awesome as you get more and more SJP's. I didn't know this until I watched someone else get a bunch of SJP's.

#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Late to the game on this one. Do we just need the Newton assembly?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3414

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Late to the game on this one. Do we just need the Newton assembly?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3414

Yup, that's it.

You can try mine first if you want to check it out. I can help install as well but I doubt you need the help

#1400 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Did it myself a few months back. Would never go back myself.

You say you would never go back, is there a potential downfall to substituting this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.50
$ 199.99
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 16891 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside