Topic Stats

• 16,879 posts
  • 948 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by VALIS666
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,855 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg
buzzkill (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190920_182141 (resized).jpg
15684089715109170470619334034077 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16879 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 338.
#1301 5 years ago

I've been following this thread as I want a MET, but have had no luck finding one in MI. Anyone know of one for sale in a nearby state?

Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a NIB. What's the going rate for a PRO? I know it's in the 4's, but where exactly?

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I've been following this thread as I want a MET, but have had no luck finding one in MI. Anyone know of one for sale in a nearby state?
Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a NIB. What's the going rate for a PRO? I know it's in the 4's, but where exactly?

I think the new style pro is nicer than the original, so keep that in mind.

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What do you guys think about a shaker in this game? I love shakers. I have one in my IMve and LotR. Just wondering if it's integrated nicely and if I should pick one up for this game.

It's integrated ok, but I think there is room for improvement. For example, there are no shaker effects on the grave multiball - not even the cross rising out of the ground.

Rob

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I think the new style pro is nicer than the original, so keep that in mind.

I like the new backbox design and the trim is better looking too.

Rob

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I think new version is $4800 and original version is $4450. That's just what I've been quoted before I recently bought a nice HUO one.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What do you guys think about a shaker in this game? I love shakers. I have one in my IMve and LotR. Just wondering if it's integrated nicely and if I should pick one up for this game.

Shaker is great with MET. Plenty of use!

#1307 5 years ago

I have an external sub hooked up to my IMVE and it sounds awesome. I hooked the same sub up to my MET Pro and it doesn't sound nearly as good. Any thoughts? Thanks.

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I have an external sub hooked up to my IMVE and it sounds awesome. I hooked the same sub up to my MET Pro and it doesn't sound nearly as good. Any thoughts? Thanks.

There's just not a ton of low end in Metallica is the truth. I have a sub split between Metallica and Tron. Tron is night and day. Metallica is just okay. The spinner drums are nice, and it makes the music fuller, but you're not gonna be blown away by it.

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Those purples look great! What kind and where from?

Most of that purple is coming from the lights in the back panel(where the electric towers are). I have (6)frosted SMD 1's (44/47 Bayonet style).

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I like the new backbox design and the trim is better looking too.
Rob

Quoted from NightTrain:

I think new version is $4800 and original version is $4450. That's just what I've been quoted before I recently bought a nice HUO one.

Are there any other differences to the new style to justify an extra $350?

Thanks for the info!

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Thanks for the info!

All LEDs.

#1312 5 years ago

I just picked up a MET pro last week and opted for the original style... I prefer the plain speaker panel. I also figured with the $$ saved I could do LEDs the way I want and have some left over for mods. Already bought the green plastic protector set and PF slide brackets from Pinball Life and a mystery hole protector.

Very happy to have a MET & my first Stern. Can't wait for #2!

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

The speaker panel sticker looks pretty good. I saw the it in person and was pretty impressed with the look.

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Thanks for the info!

Just the different backbox, speaker panel decal, and LEDs. It's all personal preference. I wouldn't spend the extra money for the new version. You can add the LEDs cheaper. I'm not a big fan of the decal. I also kind of like the original wood backbox as well. That's not a huge deal though, the new style backbox on my IMve is growing on me too.

I'd say buy the original version if you can. If you want to add LEDs, you can do it your own way for less. Either option is a good one though. Such a kick ass game. I play it more than any other game right now.

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

On my IMVE, Stern put in all white LEDs and I changed most of them out for color matching inserts and a different effect on the GIs. I assume that Stern will do something similar on MET and you will want to change out a bunch of lights anyway.

#1316 5 years ago

The above is true. On the new games that Stern advertises as having LEDs, well almost all of the LEDs are white. I have ended up taking most of them out and putting in Cointakers LEDs of blue, red, green, etc.

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Thanks for the info!

If you want the backbox decal, you don't have to order the new led pro to get it. Just get the one here:

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product/prd1/2126160875/metallica-creeping-death-pingrill

#1318 5 years ago

I bought the new led version and love it. That being said if you are into customizing your led's you might want to look at the original version. Like mentioned above all the led's are white. I do like the backbox decal and the dmd angle, but nothing I couldn't live without. Either way it is a sweet pin!

#1319 5 years ago

There are Road Case cabinets, and then there's this:

http://www.riffyou.com/ryan-adams-has-metallica-pinball-machine-roadcase/

#1320 5 years ago

The clubs newest member! So stoked!

image.jpg
#1321 5 years ago

I for one like the all clear white leds in the new games, the facets in the inserts "sparkle" with them in.

#1322 5 years ago

Speaking of LEDS, does anyone have a map similar to these they'd be willing to share?

image.jpg image-332.jpg
#1323 5 years ago

Just hooked up a backbox LED kit, under cab lighting, shaker motor and purple flipper buttons. Thanks Cointaker. The game looks awesome. Anybody have any topper pics for ideas?

#1324 5 years ago

Here's mine a EQ which is a little large 90X25cm = 36X9.5in. Next smaller is 70X15cm which is 28X7in. I believe. Still pictures don't show it well, it's constantly moving with the music.

IMGA0297.JPG

IMGA0292.JPG
IMGA0300.JPG

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's just not a ton of low end in Metallica is the truth. I have a sub split between Metallica and Tron. Tron is night and day. Metallica is just okay. The spinner drums are nice, and it makes the music fuller, but you're not gonna be blown away by it.

I was contemplating exporting the current music and adding some more low end to it manually (audacity). I don't think it would be night a day better, but it would be an improvement. Thoughts?

edit: I just briefly played around with S&D as a test. I don't think it's going to work, not without making it sound muddy. Can't add what just isn't there...

Rob

#1326 5 years ago

When i hit the captive balls isn't the flasher supposed to flash? Mine isn't. It flashes at other times though.

#1327 5 years ago

I had a piece of mylar over the sparky magnet, but it was starting to get chewed up. So I replaced it with some leftover Zagg protective film I had which hopefully is more durable.

Rob

#1328 5 years ago

The flasher behind the captive ball flashes/lights after either rollover/inlane. If you hit the ball then it counts as 2 hits on the coffin towards crank it up progression.

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

The flasher behind the captive ball flashes/lights after either rollover/inlane. If you hit the ball then it counts as 2 hits on the coffin towards crank it up progression.

Does it count towards 2 hits for a lock and extra ball too???

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Not sure. Probably. Id have to take glass off and check.

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

No, just CIU progression.

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from gdwats:

No, just CIU progression.

I thought that was the case. Thanks for clarifying!

#1333 5 years ago

Do you guys find that your balls get chewed up quickly? (boy that sounds weird) It seems that mine get really scratched up faster then my other pins. Maybe it's the quickness of the pin and that I suck at pinball so I miss a lot of targets and shots. IDK
I'm using PBL's (oh-shinny) high polished balls.

Brian

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Do you guys find that your balls get chewed up quickly? (boy that sounds weird) It seems that mine get really scratched up faster then my other pins. Maybe it's the quickness of the pin and that I suck at pinball so I miss a lot of targets and shots. IDK
I'm using PBL's (oh-shinny) high polished balls.
Brian

The balls in mine still look fine, and they have seen close to 1000 plays. The block under the hammer was starting to show some wear when I replaced it with a captive ball a couple of months ago.

I get debris in the shooter lane pretty quickly, and a few flakes from the sparky magnet, so I make sure I wipe everything down every 100 games or so. Other than that, every thing still looks good. It is probably time for me to change the balls just in case though.

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

The balls in mine still look fine, and they have seen close to 1000 plays. The block under the hammer was starting to show some wear when I replaced it with a captive ball a couple of months ago.
I get debris in the shooter lane pretty quickly, and a few flakes from the sparky magnet, so I make sure I wipe everything down every 100 games or so. Other than that, every thing still looks good. It is probably time for me to change the balls just in case though.

So you got rid of the newton block? Im a pinball newb, is that something that is hard to change out?

#1336 5 years ago

it takes 5 minutes to swap..

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

it takes 5 minutes to swap..

Does it work basically the same as far as gameplay? Seems like a no brainer...

#1338 5 years ago

works great. the only thing I have heard can happen is the captive ball can become magnetized and the ball in play can get stuck to it.. Might have to swap the ball out if that happens but I am not worried about it.

It allows for all sorts of good grazing shots to sparky and left ramp. also opens up the middle a bit from the right flipper.

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

works great. the only thing I have heard can happen is the captive ball can become magnetized and the ball in play can get stuck to it.. Might have to swap the ball out if that happens but I am not worried about it.
It allows for all sorts of good grazing shots to sparky and left ramp. also opens up the middle a bit from the right flipper.

I have had something like this happen twice, but the ball was not stuck to the captive ball, it was stuck in the middle between the captive ball and casket magnet, so when hammer came down the ball still went in the casket, weird, but has only happened twice out of a lot of plays.

Can't seem to rack up a lot of points, only been to 2 CIU modes, only can get Blackend and Lady Justice going. I have not gotten to S&D or any other modes. I did get to FUEL mode, but have no idea how I did it. Fun game though, as I'am still learning the rules. My highest score is 270million and change. I see a lot of people with 400 million plus scores or better, would like to be up in this bracket as scores go.

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Unforgiven plays at the end.

I'am not hearing any songs at the end of games, it does its light show and that's it.
It plays the whole song of Unforgiven?

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I'am not hearing any songs at the end of games, it does its light show and that's it.
It plays the whole song of Unforgiven?

Only about 10 secs of an Unforgiven riff after the match.

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I'am not hearing any songs at the end of games, it does its light show and that's it.It plays the whole song of Unforgiven?

if you changed the feature adjustment "Music Attenuation", it will cut off the song at the game over sequence.

I really hope Lyman addresses this as it effects end of ball sequences also.

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

if you changed the feature adjustment "Music Attenuation", it will cut off the song at the game over sequence.

I really hope Lyman addresses this as it effects end of ball sequences also.

+1. That drive's me nuts. I want to turn the music up but I hate how it just cuts off it you do.

#1344 5 years ago

Was blessed enough to play an LE version of this game yesterday. Holy crap, dude. This game is way beyond anything I've played yet. $6500+ is a lot of money though. I am definitely considering this for a first NIB purchase as a Pro model. I'll be keeping my eyes open for a nice used one, if not, I'll start saving.... again... ._.

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Was blessed enough to play an LE version of this game yesterday. Holy crap, dude. This game is way beyond anything I've played yet. $6500+ is a lot of money though. I am definitely considering this for a first NIB purchase as a Pro model. I'll be keeping my eyes open for a nice used one, if not, I'll start saving.... again... ._.

In my opinion half the fun is getting the pro version and then upgrading it yourself!

Here is a before and after of my Metallica Pro and I'm still far from done with the mods

IMAG1560.jpg IMAG1669.jpg
#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yeah this game surprised the hell out of me. I hadn't put a lot of time on one but decided to hunt down a pro. I picked on up a HUO pro for a good price. It's definitely one of my all time favorites now. I'd love to have a Premium or an LE, but $2000-$3000 more for a hammer, rising cross, and LEDs....I just couldn't justify it. If I had more disposable income I might, but the pro does the job for me!

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I have had something like this happen twice, but the ball was not stuck to the captive ball, it was stuck in the middle between the captive ball and casket magnet, so when hammer came down the ball still went in the casket, weird, but has only happened twice out of a lot of plays.
Can't seem to rack up a lot of points, only been to 2 CIU modes, only can get Blackend and Lady Justice going. I have not gotten to S&D or any other modes. I did get to FUEL mode, but have no idea how I did it. Fun game though, as I'am still learning the rules. My highest score is 270million and change. I see a lot of people with 400 million plus scores or better, would like to be up in this bracket as scores go.

I think you need to change the setting that says something like features continue from ball to ball. Otherwise you arent likely to get S&D. Well at least im not.
I think there is a similar setting for band members resetting after each ball.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'd love to have a Premium or an LE, but $2000-$3000 more for a hammer, rising cross, and LEDs....I just couldn't justify it.

Of those three features (and to be fair there's more than that) the LEDs are easily the best part. I wish Star Trek had colored, controlled GI, it's really an immersive feature. The color changing inserts on Metallica are really nice, but they don't obviously hit Star Trek's level, so I guess it's a trade off.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Of those three features (and to be fair there's more than that) the LEDs are easily the best part. I wish Star Trek had colored, controlled GI, it's really an immersive feature. The color changing inserts on Metallica are really nice, but they don't obviously hit Star Trek's level, so I guess it's a trade off.

I agree there is more. You're correct. I'm just talking the main game play/play field differences.

#1350 5 years ago

Well for instance the rising cross is just a little toy animation, it doesn't actually do anything. But the opening and closing snake jaw actually changes the way the game plays (for the better), so I'd list that over the cross personally if I was making a short list. Along with the spinner.

But really, the lights are my most favorite feature of the upgrades, both the color changing inserts and especially the GI.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 16879 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside