51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#700 10 years ago

Does it count if I've paid for the game but it won't be in my possession for like a month or so? lol...

4 months later
#795 9 years ago

Jesus christ, never seen a S&D over 40 million or so. I got a 181 million For Whom the Bell Tolls on a 430 million game yesterday and was feeling like hot sh.....now I just feel like a douche. Thanks a lot!

2 weeks later
#857 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yes there is a setting to turn off the language. It just beeps over the words. It does not edit the song lyrics just the call outs. So in Fuel when james says "F--- 'em man, white knuckle tight", that is still in the game. Etc.
My kids are 11 and 3. The 11 year old is mature enough to hear and not repeat. The 3yr old is oblivious. But i do usually turn the language off unless im playing without the kiddos around.

My kids are hilarious. We refuse to censor speech around them...they need to learn when it is appropriate to be open and speak your mind and when to shut up, or be polite. So, given that in mind, we don't really use "family modes". Since my game was initially used at the tourney area of TPF, it had it turned on. When we got home, I actually found the bleeps to be pretty hilarious myself, so I left it on. After a while, my wife noticed and wanted the bleeps turned off. Went ahead and turned it off...

The kids didn't even notice for at least a week. When they finally did, the younger one was all like "THE PINBALL MACHINE SAID A BAD WORD!!!" Priceless.

#863 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yes, Met is slightly deep, but not enough where you are going on a long journey when you hit the start button. Yes - No?

Um...it's "deep enough" that I can have a 30 minute game on it...

Had a 140 million and a 204 million game last night after installing my shooter rod..

#870 9 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Deep enough but probably not "steep enough" if you are playing for 30 mins

Feel free to come over and try your hand.

#872 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What does your level say Frax?

I suppose I might be arsed to physically check it when I get home, but it's way steeper than Jackbot or STTNG. Any adjusting I did after bringing it home from TPF was to level it side to side, not front to back, so it should be about the same.

If it's not as steep as I think it is, I'll be happy to jack it up... I'm sure it will be just like what happened on Tron where I actually ended up getting much HIGHER scores because it was faster and not as much side to side... Outlanes are all the way open, tilt is generous, and the playfield was waxed ~150 plays ago.

#874 9 years ago

I didn't measure it, but the bubble is about 40% over the top line, so it's definitely higher than factory. I hardly ever use actual levels......the harbor frieght inclinometer is a piece of garbage, it gets "stuck" and won't move correctly. The digital one I bought from Sears you can literally pick it up, set it in a spot, pick it up, set it right back exactly where it was, and it will give two completely different readings. I can't use the iphone one because I have nowhere in our condo where the floor is truly flat to calibrate it either.

1 week later
#892 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just done this, that's skilzzz
1 drink offer to the next who can do the same (while in play of course)

met skill.JPG 152 KB

I've done this... on location. Balls were stuck and wouldn't come out. Even worse they were sitting on top of the drop targets..it's a miracle they didn't snap.

1 week later
#1000 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

BTW - Remember how I said you could come by and play any time? Stay off my Metallica.

Crap, guess I'm banned too.

1 week later
#1114 9 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

My replacement premium showed up today, too bad they put a fork in it in the warehouse, I have to wait another week for another replacement.

IM001017.JPG 45 KB

Jesus christ!

#1116 9 years ago

Um...if someone gets a chance, and has their game open today... do me a favor and measure the "balls" on the lighting towers on the back panel. Just need to know the diameter of them. If nobody has their game open up today, I'll just do it tonight.

1 month later
#1293 9 years ago

Shaker's good enough that we couldn't pick between Tron and Met and had to buy a second. I'm glad we did, because Tron REALLY has to have it for Zuse mode...it's just not the same otherwise.

I think a "good" score for me is around the 230 million mark. Our outlanes are open all the way IIRC, our tilt is pretty loose to compensate. I'm of the personal belief that if there's room to move the game without damaging another game or the one being played, then by all means, move that thing. People say that tilts are there to keep the games from getting damaged...horsecrap. I've never had any of my games damaged by being shaken or doing slide saves. Thankfully we're very good at not bumping them into each other. I leave a very tight tilt on Jackbot so that I don't forget how to play a "normal" game.

3 weeks later
#1453 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

. If CIU qualification involved super jackpots, mode starts/completions I would tend to agree with you, but as it stands you simply just wail on the feature shots, and shoot lit inserts to get into it.

If you're not getting a super jackpot of some sort prior to starting a CIU mode, you're probably not playing that well. I understand what you're saying in that it's not REQUIRED but....yeah... SJP's aren't that hard to get on Metallica...

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

As Bowen has stated online and in person many times, that tournament is a self-professed fun-fest, not so much a measure of true competitive play.

If that's the case, it shouldn't award so damn many IFPA points to high ranking players. I challenge all of them to opt out of recieving WPPRs for Pinburg, because, it's just for the fun right?

8 months later
#3890 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have Tron next to my Metallica. Peanut butter and jelly, they go great together.

Hell yeah... once we got Metallica we REALLY wanted Tron back to be beside it...and got it.

3 weeks later
#4144 8 years ago

That one time I got to end of the line...

20150525_224419_1.jpg20150525_224419_1.jpg

1 year later
#8692 7 years ago

I had someone try and tell me off the other day, so I'm coming to you, damned souls of metal...

There is an option in the Pro code, both 1.7 and the last release for "GI Power"....on my game it does absolutely NOTHING. Goes from 0-100 50 default....but none of it makes a whit of difference that I can tell. So...does anyone know why that's there? Does it do anything at ALL? I don't want to decry the guy a total idiot.....but he posted a video of his game with it working......EXCEPT THAT HIS IS A PREMIUM OR LE, IT HAD SPINNERS AND THE RISING CROSS....after I had already made that point. ~_~;;;

IF I'm wrong, it would be good to know what it does or how to get it to actually work?

#8695 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Prem/LE only. Totally different GI system. Pro is just hardwired 6.3v on/off circuit.

Which is exactly what I said to the guy... SMH.... people!

4 months later
#10314 7 years ago

My woodie Pro about to make 3rd appearance at TPF... craziness. It was in tournament area 1st year, in Pinnovators' booth 2nd year, and this year it will be on the general floor. It's fast, mean, has a new sparky magnet core, and outlanes wide open.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.