Topic Stats

• 16,980 posts
  • 953 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Sparky
  • Topic is favorited by 363 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,899 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

21605951-FC6C-4B9B-9720-ED1460A48346 (resized).jpeg
D9D40E77-D278-4838-8FF8-AB5B3F07BE52 (resized).jpeg
20191210_221341 (resized).jpg
20191210_221406 (resized).jpg
20191210_215854 (resized).jpg
B79AB09F-45D2-4E99-A0EE-A27A0139B943 (resized).jpeg
C6E859CB-68E8-45B0-9CF1-8E077B46D2D8 (resized).jpeg
72463592-DA55-4248-B3E2-4DE49A561B47 (resized).jpeg
ED8C25B9-270F-4103-9300-54B5BD3E20B2 (resized).jpeg
0F4786B6-5662-4609-8DE1-42934C8860A5 (resized).jpeg
D6016DC2-F081-4DAB-89EF-4E2EA627121B (resized).jpeg
4D4BCC10-A674-46F9-A4F5-C1C96862374F (resized).jpeg
0AF70FD9-9718-4A7B-9CA4-A221CE3FC8D7 (resized).jpeg
Capture.JPG
367860A4-9C68-4D81-BB79-1BC1FB21F38E (resized).jpeg
41F11C40-5421-4B13-A138-F7DCF0FAF3F8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Someone had to start one.
Mine should be here this weekend...can't wait!

#10 6 years ago

Let us Pro owners work out all the bugs for you PREM/LE guys!

#19 6 years ago

I'm waiting for "the call" from Gary.

Just kidding, bad joke. Mine gets here on Friday.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

Can we at least wait for the machine to ship first and the code to get updated? I mean, wow.

It shipped, and the code has been updated! Plus, electrocution is awesome - think of all the modding opportunities!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

Any owners able to give feedback on whether or not women are also liking this game? Just curious if this seems to be a 'guys only' table. I believe AC/DC got surprisingly strong female support.

Metallica gets 100% of the male vote in my house, and I think it'll do great with teen boys and old guys on location. The only pin my wife likes is LOTR, and I'm pretty sure she'll hate Metallica!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Here are some pics for those who asked

Wotto, these are the best pictures I've seen - are you a pro photographer? Very nice, Stern should use these on their site.

#72 6 years ago

All this talk of drops not going down reliably reminds me of the Centaur I sold. I don't know if the same thing is happening with MET, but here's how one person fixed the drops on his Centaur:

It would be nice if someone rented a Phantom Flex (high-speed camera) so we can see what's going on.

#73 6 years ago

Here's a 15-minute video of Lyman playing it. Please discuss (I got fed up with the original thread on this):

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gzxc59Y6GcA?autoplay=1&rel=0

#74 6 years ago

I noticed several things I liked...first was that I was hearing the intro music in the multiballs - YES! Snake / "Sad But True" was the one exception. Second was seeing how Lyman used the Mystery scoop to juggle balls during MB, very cool! Last was just how the whole thing seems to be coming together...

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Installed 1.06 last night.
- Intro to 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' is now included.

Which mode or MB is that song associated with? Or can you only play it as a background song?
I'll stop asking questions Saturday, when mine is on legs.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I sold a bunch of Metallica PinPac 2 headphone kits. Has anyone who ordered Pinnovators headphone jacks for Metallica got their game? Still waiting for my Metallica Le to come. Sound should be on par with acdc. Looking for some feedback if anyone has theirs hooked up.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.con

I have the PinPac2, and we're doing the unboxing at 2pm tomorrow. I'll install it before we plunge the first ball!

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Calm down, I wasn't saying Lyman sucks. Just hard not to notice a lot of the shots bricking when he was going for the Drops, ramps, orbits - which has more to do with design of the PF.

But you're buying one anyway?

Just because Lyman doesn't have the shots down yet doesn't mean the layout is flawed. I've seen plenty of flow in GAP's videos. It takes time to get the tighter shots down, even for a top 10 player.

#96 6 years ago

Has anyone installed a shaker yet? I may borrow one from another pin, if the one I ordered from FF isn't here this weekend.

#99 6 years ago

Just off the truck...goodbye Friday afternoon!

just_delivered.jpeg

#115 6 years ago

Wow, version 1.06 is awesome!!! I want to type up a long review, but I'm exhausted so I'll hit the high points:

- Sound thru the PinPac using headphones is outstanding. Factory speakers sound like AM radio, they gotta go! Waiting for Flipper Fidelity to send shaker and speakers...

- Everybody was making ramp shots frequently, even my non-pin wife. Combos are the key to fast orbit shots. I was surprised at how often a lazy shot would make it over the ramps. Missed shots rarely drain SDTM, so it's beginner-friendly. 13-year-old friend of my son put up the GC at 81M!

- Callouts and SFX are both great! I only played 1 game on v1.03, so don't know if these changed. I would be completely happy if they stayed as they are in 1.06.

- The slings are a little too powerful. They launched the ball onto the ramps or into the outlanes several times. I'll try the "soft coil strength" setting tomorrow.

- Interesting hybrid off a shooter's game and a flow game. Ball times are "just right". No sucker shots, but the inline drops and captive ball are somewhat dangerous.

- Combos are a ton of fun; I had several 3-ways tonight.

- No problems with drop targets.

- Left flipper leaf switch needed adjusting badly. Easy fix!

- Very happy to see t-nuts already installed for the shaker - no drilling, nice!

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Could you post a close up of the rules card?

Okay Derek, for you...yes. . image.jpg

#121 6 years ago

There are many new settings in the 1.06 code, including a tantalizing reference to "Seek and Destroy Champ". The band member inserts were flashing, so I suspect these modes are coded and we just haven't discovered how to complete them yet. Maybe you have to complete the pick shots in sequence?

Metallica never felt as hard to me as NF, DH or IM. So worries about a "brickfest" are wildly overblown. It's just a very fun game, and the music works really well. I hope that final code will remember song position from ball to ball.

Final note: Each lock requires completing all picks 2X, but you can change this to 1x in settings. You complete a lot of picks just whacking the ball around, so this isn't hard or tedious to do.

#149 6 years ago

I had the Atlanta Pinball League over tonight, and we had an absolute blast with Metallica. I'm LMAO at the other thread where they say MET has no flow...I bet they said the same thing about IM. The ramps got quite a workout. The Snake shot is really tight, possibly due to the pick target to the right of it - so there wasn't a lot of Snake MB. The best score for the night was 109M.

#175 6 years ago

I'm really enjoying MET with the PinPac2 and my $130 Audio Technica headphones. I'm picking up a ton of SFX that are dropped on the floor by the stock speaker system. In Stern's defense...many of the Pros will go on location, where the owner will turn it down anyway. Sad But True. I'd rather have Stern keep the price down, and put all the money into the AMPLIFICATION section, which we can't modify. Based on how this sounds with headphones (and the PinPac), that's exactly what they did.

I've noticed something with the 1.06 code that I really like. When you play through a song, it DOESN'T start over when you drain. Instead there are "spawn points" (to use a current gamer phrase). Once you pass one of these points (several for each song), the song starts from there on the next ball. Think "Sonic the Hedgehog"...it's like that.

If you can't commit to the one song you picked for 3 balls, you probably have no business owning a Metallica pin.

Buy these and LOVE your Metallica!

PinPac2: http://pinnovators.com/index.php/featured-products/pinpac-2-system-description
Headphones: http://goo.gl/ahRkf

#176 6 years ago

I'm still in awe of this game. I know I'm in the "honeymoon period", but here are 10 things that I think make it better than my old favorite, Iron Man:

1. Holy mother of god, the dots are incredible! This is what we get when the theme isn't a movie!
2. More variety for the background music. 11 songs. It goes to 11...
3. The playfield art is better, and the new "HD" printing shows it off well.
4. More combos! 5-way combos are boss!
5. An Extra Ball that can be EARNED! Holy Crap!
6. Helpful "Instant Info" when you hold in the flipper buttons
7. Metal ramps, no chance of breaking. Had to replace the plastic ramp on my IM.
8. Inline drops >> Yagov kicker
9. Doubles as a jukebox when working on other pins.
10. MET code is beta - and already surpasses IM!

Now don't go sending me PMs about my IM. I'm not ready to sell it yet.

#189 6 years ago

I confirmed last night that the band members are lit by completing the pick targets multiple times. This may disappoint folks looking for band member modes. But we still have "Crank It Up" and "Seek and Destroy" to look forward to.

Does anyone know the significance of the red spider inserts, and what it means when they're lit solid after an orbit shot?

#194 6 years ago

Band member modes are on the way!
The proof is in the band member call-outs:
Robert: "Hey did my mode just start?"

Oh, cool! I didn't notice that. Some of the callouts sound like my work conference calls, so I miss them.

#198 6 years ago

Can someone go into the flash lamp test mode, and tell me if they see anything for #20 (snake flasher)? This is shown as an LED on page 13 in the manual, but the LED doesn't come on during this test. I just wondered if my game was missing a #89 flasher.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Just to rule the silly thing out, you have the coin door shut while you're testing this, right?

Yes. I put it in Flasher test mode, closed the door and then used the flipper and game start buttons to cycle through the flashers. #20 is the only one that doesn't do anything.

#204 6 years ago

After each letter collected in SNAKE, the flasher goes off as the ball is spit back at you.
Once all letters are complete, the flasher activates letting you know the multiball is ready.
If you don't see any of the above flashes, something is up.

Hmm. I don't even see a #89 flasher socket back there. I assume it's under the right ramp, top side of the playfield? I also checked under the playfield to see if I had an unused connector - nothing.

EDIT: yeah, mine is missing that flasher assembly! I see what I'm missing at 17sec in this video (thanks GAP):

If someone can post a closeup pic of where this is mounted, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

#206 6 years ago

I have a small nitpick about the background music. When the bonus sequence starts, this happens:

1. Song fades away (nice!)
2. Bonus sequence with awesome sound effects, no music (nice!)
3. Song comes back softly for about a second (why?)
4. Song jumps to a new place at normal volume for the next ball (jarring!).

I hope the software team will get rid of #3, and fade the music back up over 1 second for the new ball (for step #4). This would be very classy.

I like that there are "bookmarks", so the song doesn't start over from the beginning on each ball. I must be a bad player, because I haven't heard a song finish yet.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hmm. I don't even see a #89 flasher socket back there. I assume it's under the right ramp, top side of the playfield? I also checked under the playfield to see if I had an unused connector - nothing.

OK, mystery solved. It's not actually a "flasher" at all. It's a 20V LED in a 555 socket. They had installed a 555, and of course that was blown. I like easy/cheap problems!

#212 6 years ago

Hey Wotto, if you'll post a vid I'll compare it to mine and let you know if there's something wrong.

EDIT: Also, go through the individual lamp test. Maybe something is wrong?

#213 6 years ago

I'm loving the stacking opportunities in this game! EC MB + FUEL + Coffin MB = huge rush!!

I noticed something new today: sometimes during normal play, a single shot is indicated (all inserts for that shot are pulsing). I wonder what it's for - maybe "Seek and Destroy"? I'm determined to discover this one with the glass on! But of course I keep choking on the flashing shot.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Wow, can you even buy a replacement for that outside of Stern?

I tried a normal 555 LED I had laying around, and it seems to work. But it's way too blue, so I'd rather have the right one.

#217 6 years ago

Hitting this lights 'Coffin Hurry Up' (1.5 mil countdown) and plays track For Whom the Bell Tolls, until hurry up is made or timed out.

Thanks!

#219 6 years ago

Here's my first mod. I got tired of seeing that bare bulb above the left outlane, so I moved it up to the empty hole just above it. I'll put it back once I can find a nice thick red bulb condom.

IMG_5427.JPG

#221 6 years ago

The left outlane isn't a problem for me, but I'm used to that setup from CSI and Avatar. If you see the ball headed for the inlane divider, nudge it away or it'll bounce off the metal and into the outlane.

#229 6 years ago

[EDITED] I just figured out how hurry ups work! And this may answer Wotto's question.

Shooting any major shot lights the red spider insert for that shot. Think of that as the "selector";
it indicates where the next "award" will go:

* Shoot Sparky to award knife switch insert for selected shot
* Shoot Graveyard to award cross insert for selected shot
* Shoot Snake to award snake insert for 3 shots (configurable),
or 2 shots if only 2 remain.

Once the knife switch, cross and snake are all lit, that shot is will start the hurry up - even if the spider insert is no longer lit because you shot something else. When your ball drains, all inserts will go out.

There's a catch to this: shooting the Graveyard will also select the Graveyard shot (light its spider).

I LOVE the way this works. While you're playing, you're building up inserts for hurry ups. This rewards long balls and gives you another reason to shoot Graveyard, Sparky and Snake. This also creates an interesting strategy: build up hurry-up qualified shots, and then start MB when you have more than one.

I have a feeling that "Seek and Destroy" may have something to do with all of this too, once it's implemented. Or maybe it already is?

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Nice work. This sounds very ... Lyman. If I understand you, This is like AFM or MM Hurry ups! Really?! \m/

If that's the case, I need to give AFM another chance. Not that I can afford one, mind you...

I thought this might be a Lyman signature; it's the first Lyman pin I've owned.

#241 6 years ago

I'll try stacking hurry-ups tonight and report back.

#244 6 years ago

I installed a shaker last night. With shaker use set to Maximum, it activates for:

Combos
Jackpots
MB qualified
MB start
FUEL and hurry up start

Definitely worth it!

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Awesome I was wondering about this as my friends suggested me getting one. Where's the best place to order one from?

Pinball Life or Flipper Fidelity.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Ok that's what I thought. Thanks. Also does your Metallica have any issues with the inline drop targets not going down when you hit them like mine do? I'm pretty sure mine all check out fine in the test modes as I recall you mentioning that, but many times when there hit they don't budge.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-drop-target-question

I plan to try modding the drop targets once I can get some spares (I don't want to damage my originals)

#267 6 years ago

I just installed the full Flipper Fidelity kit in my Metallica, and the sound is dramatically better. I'm using the "low"setting for the woofer and have the volume (L-pad) at Max for the backbox speakers. This is perfect for me, not thumpy and the low-end detail is much better.

Thanks to Michael Pupo at FF for giving me a price break on the speaker kit and shaker with my MET. Great guy to deal with.

#271 6 years ago

Here's a tip: set adjustment #67 ("Music Volume") to -15. This should really be called "Music Attenuation", because negative numbers make it louder (less attenuated). The same principle works with #68 (Speech Volume). To really understand it, set 67 and 68 both to 50 and play a game. All you hear are sound effects (SFX). That's pretty cool - Music and Speech are both adjustable relative to SFX and each other.

EDIT: I played with these settings and ended up at -10 Music, +10 Speech. This keeps the SFX right in the middle. With the FF full speaker setup and game volume at 54, this game RAWKS!!!

#277 6 years ago

Select a shot by shooting it. AVOID other shots if you want that shot to remain selected. Collect these inserts to qualify that shot to start hurry-up:

Sparky: switch
Graveyard: cross

You can start multiple hurry-ups, and it will add their scores (e.g. 3M for 2). Can't wait to see what happens when we stack 5! Though that's pretty much impossible for me without "Carry Over Features Ball to Ball".

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

1.06 Pro I am having problems with Mystery Scoop.
When ball goes in it, it shoots it out right away with a sound effect but I don't get any points and the DMD doesn't show Mystery animation.

Is the Mystery insert flashing when the ball goes in?

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I want to disable it but dont want to lose the pop action.
Surely this is a SIMPLE fix in code?

What would you change in the code? Make the post come up on right side orbits only (but still excluding orbits that are part of a combo)? That's probably a good compromise. I don't think they can fix the left orbit bounce-backs in code.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I figured it out.
It wasn't making constant contact with the leaf switch, now it is and my mystery scoop is working.

Ah, the joys of fixing a brand new game. Mine had several issues that were easy to fix, and I'm down to the last one. The right outlane switch is ghosting the ball trough switches to another row, but only if the drop targets are up. Stern sent me a new DT opto, but that didn't help. I tested all the switch diodes and they're okay. So hopefully the problem is in the other playfield opto board.

For now I've just removed the right outlane switch. I had a 125M game but I had to delete it, because it started Grave Marker MB when my last ball drained, and then I got an extra ball. With the switch out I'm only missing out on 500k points on right drains.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I am really struggling to follow the hurry up concept though and wish I could 'get it' in my head clearly as I reckon it could really add to the game

Here's another way to explain it that might make more sense:

Move the red arrow by shooting the ball that way.
Shooting Sparky lights the Switch for whichever shot has the red arrow lit.
Shooting the Graveyard lights the grave marker for whichever shot has the red arrow lit.
Shooting the Snake randomly lights 3 snake inserts, or all of them if you shoot it twice.

Once a shot has a Switch, Snake and Grave Marker lit, you can shoot it to start a hurry-up, even if its red arrow isn't lit. This starts the coffin flashing. Shoot the coffin (captive ball) quickly to score 1.5M points.

I suspect that huge points await the person who can qualify all 5 shots for the hurry up, shoot them all without hitting the captive ball, and only then nail that captive ball.

#352 6 years ago

Holy cow, 16 posts about the LE version? Let's get back to gameplay. Has anyone been tempted to make it easier to get Coffin MB? I did for about 10 games, felt guilty and change it back (to 2 pick banks per lock). It's the only 4-ball MB in the game, wish it wasn't so hard to earn.

I scored 59M tonight on default settings, showing off the game to a friend. Most of it was double scoring + FUEL + Sparky MB. I f'n love this game!

#353 6 years ago

[Anti-snake rant redacted]

Post edited by swampfire : That'sssss not niccce

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Had an 86mill game the other day

Wotto, do you have a scoring strategy yet? Stacking Coffin MB seems like a good one, but requires concentration (the picks return the ball really fast). I'm still in love with Grave Marker MB, especially the SJP where the grave crumbles. I'll play 20 games just to experience that.

I bought my ever first sheet of PDI glass today. I said I'd never do it, but I got a good deal from a friend, and it does make a difference.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You should try switching in a different derogatory word usage to help yourself understand how you are not being very 'gay friendly'. Change your words if you want to change how you think. Sorry to call this out, but NOT cool. I am hoping you just don't realize how what you just wrote could be very offensive to some members.

[EDIT: too much personal info. Point taken, and original post edited for niceness.]

#360 6 years ago

I think Lyman was showing the way in that video that everyone panned. Coffin MB is the one to put in your back pocket, just before starting another MB with double scoring. Trouble is, those pick shots are deadly.

#364 6 years ago

Cool, I actually like most of those. Sorry snake, maybe you could just stop saying "ssssssssensational" so much?

Movingpictures, how did you manage to hear all of those callouts and write them down? There are a few I haven't heard yet.

#375 6 years ago

I put a thick red condom on the bare bulb just above the left outlane, looks great now! I do this with any naked bulbs - your pupils open more and the game looks brighter.

#376 6 years ago

Okay, I did Wotto's mod to center the offset feature lamps - huge improvement! I also noticed that these inserts are really milky, so I used a brighter LED than I normally would. They look great now. I like the offset LED in the coffin, so I left that one alone.

When I get back from my trip to Paris I plan to offer these "extenders" up for purchase (cheap). I'll start a new thread when they're ready to sell. I think every Metallica should have these!

#379 6 years ago

Is anyone else having trouble hitting the Snake? It seems like the only way I can get it in is to bank it off right side of the captive ball.

#382 6 years ago

There are some great callouts in the ROM. Adding to the ones above:

"Look at my score - LOOK AT MY SCORE!"
"If that thing even looks at me funny, I'll f--k it up!"

#390 6 years ago

Metallica hater! I saw your "1" rating...

#393 6 years ago

I've thought about shimming the snake with washers (from the underside of the playfield) so it sits a bit lower. I want to make sure it's not me that's the problem, first.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Settle down, it's just a temporary protest of the ratings system! And your rating on Woz....
I'm going to delete both ratings soon....yeah Rob, you know the 10 is in jest! Some dishonest people like to blow up the ratings system, that won't be me...

I rated it a 6.8, but I just deleted my rating. I agree it's not fair to rate it based on my bad early-code experience.

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Did you try the set screw for the lower jaw? I just adjusted mine a bit and it's better, still trying to find the optimal position. Mine shipped with the lower 'lip' too high.

Same here; adjusting that did help. I'm also getting better at the shot.

1 week later
#460 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Had to replace both slingshot spot lights already too.

One of mine is out. What's the replacement part?

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

They are #555's in the spotlights

Doh, sorry, I was thinking of the Sparky spotlights - superbright LEDs.

2 months later
#469 6 years ago

I'd like to give a shout out to Stern's QA team. I called a few days ago and was kinda surprised to be connected to a fellow named Chas right away. He listened while I explained my problem (switch error), and gave me 2 great suggestions that helped me narrow the problem down. Bottom line, I have a 100% working Metallica and new Sparky lights on the way.

I cut my teeth on older pins, so for me it's a luxury to be able to call the manufacturer and get help with a problem. Stern is a class act.

#470 6 years ago

So I did something kind of bad a few days ago: I moved the outlane posts to the "liberal" position. I started getting Seek and Destroy almost every game. My plan is to leave it liberal until the next code update, which I assume will erase my high scores. S&D is a ton of fun to play.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

By the way, if Sparky multiball starts the shaker is activated for a longer period and the cabinet really starts to make rattling noise (not the glass).

Yes, that's normal. It would be nice to be able to set a maximum duration for the shaker. I love the effect for the first 1/2-1 second, but then I want it to stop. That goes for any pin, not just Metallica. But overall the shaker integration is great - pretty much a must-have!

#475 6 years ago

I did my 3,000 mile service last night. The playfield had gotten pretty dirty from the black rubbers, so after I cleaned it, I installed white rubbers. I bent Sparky's coil plate tab back to restore his head-banging, and replaced a few bulbs that were out. Faster than new now!

I was working on CSI too, and my butt kept hitting Metallica's flipper buttons. The sounds that were added in the latest code for this are genius - it sounds like a chain smoker clearing his lungs. I think I have my new ring tone...

Thanks to Lyman, Borg and crew, for all you do.

1 month later
#480 6 years ago
Quoted from garman411:

What is competition mode?

I think it just removes some of the randomness of the awards. Not very relevant until the mystery awards get updated.

1 week later
#484 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Just got my Metallica Pro last night. Gorgeous machine. Pretty psyched.
Can wait to mod it up. Any suggestions on the best mods? Where to get them? Thanks!

Shaker, FF speakers and a PinPac. I used LEDs in the snake, chair and cross inserts, left the rest incandescent.

This game is so colorful and beautiful, I think cosmetic mods are unnecessary. Of course the Dirty Donny Sparky is totally awesome, but there are only so many of those to go around.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from JimBoSS:

Added some personal touches to my Dirty Donny

Oh cool! I bought these same picks ($$) and made a "Free Play" card with them, but I like them displayed on the playfield better.

10 months later
#1151 5 years ago

My game was "born on" May 13, 2013. Serial #240732. Who has the oldest Metallica out there?

Anyway, after 15 months mine was getting a bit dirty. Did a complete teardown, shopout and wax this week. How does a Metallica look after 15 months of play (about 2000 games)? Well, my snake lost one factory fang, but other that the game still looks new!

IMG_6007.JPG
IMG_6012.JPG
IMG_6013.JPG
IMG_6004.JPG
IMG_6001.JPG
IMG_6000.JPG
IMG_5997.JPG
IMG_5994.JPG
IMG_5995.JPG

Post edited by swampfire: I can't math

#1152 5 years ago

BTW when you do get to your 15-month shopout, I highly recommend swapping in white rubbers everywhere. I should have posted before pics - lots of "skidmarks" in the orbits from the black rubber.

EDIT: Plays like new too, unfortunately. I'm bricking most of my grave marker shots.

3 weeks later
#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Any interest in this skull to be mounted in the somewhat barren FUEL area. You can see the lighted version that would be hooked to a flasher and next to it is what it looks like when it is unlit. It's nice and detailed.

The skull looks GREAT, but I'm looking for something more hot rod related. Something like this would be great (but probably too big):

http://www.clubmoebius.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=911

Post edited by swampfire: Added pic
product-page-eyegwild.jpg

2 weeks later
#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

This one?

Over 200 mil pulled out of fade to black, and over 200 mil from blackened.
Completed all 4 CIU and had chair and snake lit for EOL. Game took forever.

Please tell me you gimped up the game somehow - 5 balls, lanes closed down, something - I'm lucky to break 100M on factory.

#1319 5 years ago

There are Road Case cabinets, and then there's this:

http://www.riffyou.com/ryan-adams-has-metallica-pinball-machine-roadcase/

3 months later
#2160 4 years ago

I spent some time away from my MET for a while, and now it's back to being my favorite DMD. I'm just now upgrading to 1.63. My only problem with the game is that the drop targets brick like crazy. Is there a fix for this?

3 weeks later
#2268 4 years ago

Is there a CIU guide?

#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I didn't like the look of that LED at the base of the piston plastic, so I moved it forward (hole is already there). It is pretty much the only LED on the playfield that is exposed like that.
Its definitely an improvement, but does leave a visible hole. Did anyone else do this and cover/plug it? Wondering what you used.

I kept it in the original location, and put a red bulb condom on it. It's a #44 bulb (not LED), so it doesn't wash out the red/yellow artwork like an LED would.

2 months later
#3226 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ain't it the truth! [...] 78 cents US right now.... sucks!
Rob

You know, when the US banking system went sideways, I bought EWC (http://etfdb.com/etf/EWC/). I still believe in Canada's banking system...keep the faith! CAD were worth more than USD when we had our honeymoon at Lake Louise in 1996. And we live in Georgia - who needs hot weather on a honeymoon? We wanted cold weather for snuggling.

#3364 4 years ago

Hey all, this is an IMPORTANT PSA !!!

If your drop targets are starting to brick like crazy, tighten up the return springs. I had one of the first METs off the line back in 2013, and my springs had gotten pretty loose. Pulling about 4-5 coils worth of spring up and over the hook completely solved my problem.

And by the way, you'll always smile when working on your MET if you add this important mod:

IMG_5429.JPG

Available here...find "Dirty Donny" and load up your cart...you know you want to!

http://www.posterpop.com/stickers/

Here 'tis...

http://www.posterpop.com/products/Dirty-Donny-Guitar-Warrior-Sticker.html

#3368 4 years ago

I just bought an electric lawn mower, and the cost was exactly what I spent on my MET ColorDMD. It's worth the price.

#3439 4 years ago

I applied mylar to the edge of the playfield leading to the ball trough.

#3488 4 years ago

That's so beautiful, I'd be afraid to put it in my game. Definitely going to paint FUEL/FIRE on my Sparky's knuckles.

#3512 4 years ago

Who loves Metallica (the pin)? This adorable 8-year-old girl does - she thinks it's "cool and rad and fun"! This makes me happy that we have a laissez faire league, where things like this can happen.

Matalica Rocks!.jpg
#3518 4 years ago

5. Amazing DMD animations.

#3526 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

And 10 times more amazing with the color DMD! I'm seeing so much more on Metallica since the upgrade.

Yep, the Color DMD is a must-have mod for MET. The CIU modes are 100% more awesome with color. Even the snake puke is way better.

#3580 4 years ago

Hey, at least the dudes are wearing shirts.

BTW, here's my update: I love this game!!! I suck at this game!!!

1 week later
#3635 4 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Anyone else have an issue where sometimes 2 balls are ejected into the shooter lane? They seem to almost come out simultaneously and it only happens once every 5-6 games. Hard to track down the cause since it's irregular.

I had this problem on IM, and the cause was a wire that had come loose on one of the switches (just barely touching). Give all of the switch wires a gentle tug to make sure they're still attached.

#3639 4 years ago

Dimpling is normal!!!

1 week later
#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

All - Anyone know where you can get the mantis style protector for the mystery scoop? I have a cliffy right now there and want to replace it with that one. Used to see them on e-bay but I haven't seen them there anymore. Also, anyone that has one. How's it holding up? Any regrets with going with it?

I've had mine in since May 2013, and it's worked perfectly. No wear at the Mystery scoop whatsoever.

#3696 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Have any of you used the mylar playfield protectors that are available? I want to do everything i can to protect the machine, and already have a full set of cliffys on order.

I keep mine cleaned and waxed, and I've had no issues with wear. Mine is over 2 years old now. I have the Mantis scoop protector, but other than that I ride this game bareback. Same with my NIB 2003 LOTR - no protectors and no wear.

#3697 4 years ago

I know purple is the accepted trim color for this game, but I'd like to see one in gloss black just to see what it looks like.

1 week later
#3810 4 years ago

Taygeta, I have IM and MET side-by-side too. At first I thought the layouts might be too similar, but they play differently and complement each other really well. I'd give the edge to MET, but I play IM just as much.

#3812 4 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I'm currently modding my IM with my favorite mixtape and music of all time

Cool, can't wait to see this.

3 months later
#4639 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Can anyone with a machine check to see if your clear is chipping at the edge of the drain?

I mylared that edge from day one. The ball bounces off the back of the metal trough and hits that pretty regularly, so I would expect chipping without some kind of protection. Cliffy needs to come up with a protector for this area; I bet it would sell well.

#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Danggg, I was hoping this was a short ball time game...

It's a long player, so it's almost mandatory to open up those outlanes (IMHO).

#4665 4 years ago

I made some progress on an MET mind map yesterday. I should be able to finish it this week. Here's a preview. The final version will have much better resolution, for printing on a poster if you like...

Metallica.png

#4667 4 years ago

I think during Grave Marker MB, the ball is supposed to stick, and you knock it off with another ball for the SJP. Going by memory, so I may be wrong.

#4670 4 years ago

Oh yeah, I forgot that the Prem/LEs have a casket magnet. Can't help you there.

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Don't forget the skill shot jackpots at the top roll overs while holding left flipper.

Oh cool, what's that? I'll have to try that tonight. I've got a lot of catching up to do on this thread. For the diagram, I mostly went by Bowen's 30-minute tutorial video, and my knowledge of the game - that only gets me to about 75%.

I'll post the source file for the mind map when I'm done, so folks can edit it and create their own.

#4697 4 years ago

(grouchy old man alert)

I don't know why people feel to urge to put artwork on every square inch of a machine. I like the plain black speaker panel just fine.

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Yep- I'd rather have classic black than a repeat of the splatter artwork. Now if DD created new artwork for the speaker panel...

DD sells some awesome blacklight posters here: http://www.jsrdirect.com/webstores/dirtydonny

We should ask DD to make some horizontal art that would work for a Metallica speaker panel.

#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

oh god. this is so frickin great. I think I'm going to print and laminate when this is completed!!! GREAT WORK!

Thanks! I'll try to finish it this week. Too much nice weather this weekend.

1 week later
#4784 4 years ago

I hate that the seizure warning sticker is integrated into the apron art. I'm sure some lawyer is to blame for that. I'm glad my first-run MET Pro doesn't have that.

#4807 4 years ago

The Pro translite my favorite of the three. They're all Dirty Donny though, so they all kick ass.
I'm not in love with the Pro cabinet art, though. I may have to cover it up with DD stickers.

http://www.posterpop.com/categories/Artists/Dirty-Donny/Dirty-Donny-Stickers/

#4821 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

My first run Monsters Premium plastic up-post rejected down the orbit probably 50-60% at minimum. The replacement metal post feeds pops 95%.
My friends Monsters Premium plastic up-post feeds pops 95%. *shrug* I dunno what's different.

I bet if you removed the plastic part and ground it down to an angle, most of the balls would stop at the pops. I may try that before spending $10 + shipping.

#4859 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

anybody had a shaker motor installed on there machine from day one, lots of gameplays?
I turned my machines volume down the other day, and noticed it sounded like the shaker had worked itself loose.....nope, basically the entire cabinet is 'shaking apart' it sounded like.
it seems as if these stern cabinets are shaking apart literally? anybody else notice this, kind of amazing. my friend and I have been discussing the 'quality' of the building materials for Stern cabinets lately, as he noticed his new KISS is super light, both the cab and the backbox when pulled off.
thoughts? had to set it to minimal shaker mode to prevent my machine from further rattling apart.

I've had a shaker on mine for 2 years. Yes, the glass and backglass will rattle a lot, if you don't do anything about it. And if you didn't use LockTite when installing the shaker, you'll need to tighten its mounting screws every few months. If your cabinet really is shaking apart, the damage would be visible. See if you can get pics. I personally doubt that's what's happening.

I stopped most of the rattling by layering electrical tape just on the far side of the glass (where it slides in). The translite glass rattles pretty hard during the Sparky startup, but it's a cool effect.

#4861 4 years ago

I am kind of curious about how the thin steel backbox works with the shaker. My MET has the original wood backbox, so maybe that's the difference in what we're experiencing.

#4866 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

A easy fix for the shaker is to install the small little rubbers underneath the shaker then put the screws through the hole mounts and rubber, problem solved.

I did that (on another pin) and it made things worse. YMMV.

#4868 4 years ago

Seems logical, just didn't work for me.

2 weeks later
#4907 4 years ago

Better grab one of these while you can. They just showed up on the store.

http://www.jsrdirect.com/webstores/dirtydonny/official-metallica-poster

dtd919-1.jpg

#4910 4 years ago

Here's a video that shows the chrome. I'm not sure I like it, but I plan to order the non-chrome version too when it shows up.

https://www.facebook.com/dirtydonnyart/videos/1108466945832717/

I have way too many of these posters.

#4917 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

The normal ones are on the Metallica store.

I'm not seeing it there. Can you reply with a link? Thanks!

#4922 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry make that asking $200-$300US ... White ones were limited to only 120 and they are sold out too.

OK, sounds like if I'm not happy with the chrome, I won't have too much trouble selling it.

#4926 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I never saw the white ones available yesterday. must have missed that. I would have preferred that to the chrome version

I'm just gonna paint over my chrome with Wite-Out.

2 weeks later
#5066 4 years ago

I may have the only MET on the planet with no external mods, and (mostly) incandescent GI. But I do have a bitchin' blacklight Metallica poster.

[EDIT: I do have the tongue decal on my snake]

#5070 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If this is true then you have a tongue decal on a turtle, not a snake

My snake had fangs when I got him - early unit.

#5074 4 years ago

I'd buy that as a topper.

#5103 4 years ago

Picked up this snake mod for $4 at a roadside cafe. If you squeeze him, his eyeballs bug out. I wish I'd bought all they had, little baby snakes...

image.jpg

#5125 4 years ago

MET code is better than anything else I've owned. Anything after 1.6 would be a jelly-donut of a release, a really nice surprise.

#5129 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Since im a noob and don't really have a long term relationship with the hobby, I don't consider additional code to be a bonus. If the call outs are there, the shots are there"band member mode for example". It should not be considered Jelly on the donut. For $7500 I expect a finished game top to bottom.

If you'd paid $4500 like me, you might be a little less disappointed.

#5162 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

What modes are missing?
MET is one of the best coded stern games out there.

Completely agree that MET has excellent code, but there are callouts that imply that the band members do something when collected (I think one is "hey, someone started my mode!"). Those callouts should be changed if the band members are just mileposts to End of the Line (which I think is fine).

#5168 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'd rather they fixed the problem with Sparky coil locking on and catching fire if the game is powered off with the coin door open, once it's turned back on again.

I'm going to guess you had a transistor fail open - it happens. Would be interested to hear if this happened to anybody else.

#5176 4 years ago
Quoted from msteinmetz13:

Has anyone painted their legs and armor a different color then purple? Any pics?

+1, I'd love to see gloss black on this game.

#5178 4 years ago

Pics, pics!!!

#5226 4 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

What would be a recommended set of balls to use?

Anything with carbon core, avoid chrome steel balls.

3 weeks later
#5480 3 years ago

The Pro vs. Prem/LE discussion never seems to stop. I'm happy with my Pro, but I agree that the Prem/LE features are worth the extra cabbage. The nice thing about MET is that there are no significant gameplay differences (like Walker Bombs in TWD, or the kickback in ST). You're not "settling" by going Pro.

2 months later
#6478 3 years ago

I realized I was still on version 1.63, which I installed in Jan 2015. I decided to check the audits and...lol:

image_(resized).jpg

#6486 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Quick q and certainly NOT to bring any bs here but just curious if you been following that inserts lifting thread which I thought would drain by now. I'm suspicious until pics but this cat says his NIB has chipped mag on a game less than a month old? Weird. Will protect the s out of mine when it arrives but got my attention. Many of you had game since release - any playfield issues like that?

The magnet core is soft metal. He saw some dents and was worried, honest newbie mistake. I've got one of the first MET off the line (2013) and have had no playfield wear problems whatsoever. A few others have had issues, which were resolved by Stern. The guy who started that thread is the only case I know of where someone had a MET playfield problem that wasn't resolved to their satisfaction.

#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

...unless of course the machine might have been routed left on for hours and still used standard bulbs which throw off a major amount of heat and can possibly cause the insert to move. In which case if this did happen they can be warmed and pressed back down as well.

When a game is in attract mode, the insert lamps are more off than on. I really haven't seen a problem with incandescents in the inserts in any of my older games. However I've been gradually converting them over to LED as I find time, just because I like the way they look in most cases. I'm doing LOTR tomorrow, and even after 12 years of standard bulbs the playfield still looks almost new, with no insert problems at all.

#6507 3 years ago

Just my observation: I have non-ghosting LEDs in most of my 2013 MET's inserts, and it looks good to me (and I'm very picky about LED effects). I did order an LEDOCD for my LOTR, which I'm converting to LED now. My advice is to try the LEDs, and then order the LEDOCD if you're not happy. $135 isn't a lot of money, but it's not nothing.

#6519 3 years ago

TDK, you sound exactly like I did a few years ago. So I think I'm in a unique position to discuss this with you.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I do not like unicorn playfield sharting which includes use of overly bright insert LEDs.

Creative colorization of white inserts is one of my pet peeves. But colored LEDs can greatly improve pale blue or purple inserts. And I like important inserts to be obvious: ON or OFF. For example, I decided that my 2010 IM really needed LEDs for the drone and shield inserts. But I left most of the others unchanged. I like to fix problems one insert at a time, and only fix what's broken.

Spending more money on LEDs that you just said "don't look right" or have brightness control problems and then more money for a board to correct the problem is my exactly point in the first place.

I view the LEDs and the board as a system. If you know a particular title is going to require LEDOCD, don't cheap out - get the board. most "Owner's Club" threads will tell you if a particular title needs an LEDOCD or not. If $200+ is too much to LED your inserts, then keep them incandescent.

Just use old bulbs if they look best and either condom or color dye them.

If a bulb is in plain view, a colored bulb or a #44 with a condom is my preferred solution. But this doesn't work for inserts, because they end up being way too dim. Believe me, I'm cheap and if condoms solved my insert color problems, I'd use them.

People do not need to change bulbs that often, unless they own only a couple of machines or keep them running constantly.

I agree that this oft-cited reason for using LEDs is silly. I have 14 games set up at a time, and I think I go through maybe 20#44s a year, total cost of $2. More often I end up changing bulbs in newly-acquired 80's games because the bulbs have NOT burned out, and they've gotten dim. Just like a 30-year-old LED would have.

#6525 3 years ago

I'm not a fan of modding a game until it's way more than it cost originally, but the LEDOCD is a good value at $135. At least it's impacting the most important part of the game, and it's easy to remove and resell (if necessary) to lower the cost to the next buyer.

#6528 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now why didn't I think of that and what happens when I have a party that lasts more the 12 hours...which does happen? So your saying that running 15 games at say 300 watts each at .11 per kw hour that I won't save a lot of money running them at 150 watts at .11 per kw hour for 12 hours. Your arguments are totally lame. You do what you want to do but don't come on here and tell US we're crazy.

100W * 15 games * 12 hours * $0.11/1000 watt-hours = $1.98. Dude, that won't even buy a beer. But I do like LEDs in the inserts.

EDIT: if you party every day for 12 hours, more power to you.

#6529 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

So its a case by case basis for me, Not necessary on Met, necessary for TSPP.

Exactly. My LEDOCD for LOTR just came in today...can't wait.

#6532 3 years ago

It's rude to talk about people in the 3rd person when they're part of the conversation. And why not talk about lighting? We've talked about far less important things in this thread.

#6536 3 years ago

So I guess the consensus for inserts with LEDs in MET is that LEDOCD is NOT needed.

#6544 3 years ago

And the other 6500 posts are all on-topic and not repetitive? lol.

#6547 3 years ago

One of the lesser-known LEDOCD benefits is that you can individually dim individual inserts at different levels. So if you have a clear insert and you want to tone it down, you can.

#6568 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

That looks great ... I got a DD one back in the day and while there is some value in it being the original artist I gotta say those look better.

The unmodified Sparky was also designed and colored by Dirty Donny. Makes you think.

#6572 3 years ago

I like my fleshy Sparky. I definitely want to add the EL wires to the helmet, though.

1 week later
#6677 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Can someone educate me about the issue with opening the coin door with the power on causing sparky to lock on? Or something like this.

I have a MET Pro from the first run, and I've never seen this.

1 week later
#6827 3 years ago

I agree that leaving the backbox speakers stock is best, but the FF cabinet speaker is great. I think the best approach (which I hope to try soon) is an external subwoofer, FF cabinet woofer and stock backbox speakers.

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just got my Led Pro today

Just curious, why do people say "LED Pro"? There's no meaningful difference between the original MET and the one with LEDs. Should I feel shame for having an "Incandescent Pro" that I've converted to LEDs?

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Cabinet back box is metal on the LED pro vs. wood on the 2013

I never liked the metal backbox. It's a cost savings, not an improvement.

2 weeks later
#7001 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a nib met pro from April 2014 and have never had one issue

NIB since May 2013, and no issues once I found and fixed a reversed diode.

#7006 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Does anyone sell the metal Premium or LE apron for this game? Was hoping to try to retrofit one in my Pro but haven't been able to find anyone that carries it....

This one might work:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0415-00

#7039 3 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Well I just had the worst thing happened on my game it is a pro made Apr 8 2015 HUO, maybe 1000 Play. The Play field art is popping off in dime size peaces and decals are falling off ...wtf ...

I'm really curious about what happened around that time. Was it a new process Stern was trying, or did something just go really wrong in production? I haven't even seen a theory about what causes it.

1 week later
#7131 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Thank you all. I will contact Cliffy and see if maybe the magnet is to low. I have seen worse pics, but it just sucks that there is any damage at all for a new game.

1600 plays is not new, sorry. I would be more annoyed at the registration errors than the magnet wear, but that's just me. If this is a routed MET and that's the only issue, I think you did good.

#7132 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It doesn't look too low to me. If anything the edges look like it might've been too high at one point.

That kind of wear proves that the back side of the magnet was too low at one point. Fortunately it's minor in the scheme of things. Cover it with some kind of protector, replace or file the magnet, and it'll be good as new.

#7133 3 years ago

I can state if the magnet cores were not level from the factory when the game was received, this exact shown damage happens quickly.

Exactly. I think I have one of the very first runs of MET Pro, May 2013. I check my magnets every year or so for level. I'm eternally grateful to Stern for shipping the game to me with the magnets so far below the playfield, because it made me super-vigilant. Vigilance and 3 years of play will get you this:

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

It's a little dirty but you get the idea...

1 year later
#12939 1 year ago

In all these years of owning MET, I had no idea that you could pick up items by making a shot with that item lit. I’m glad I read this thread once in a while!

1 week later
#13019 1 year ago

Agreed. I’d rather give that $150 to Dirty Donny for my blacklight poster obsession / collection.

#13036 1 year ago

It’s crazy for sure. When I started this thread, I thought Stern would run Metallica for a year or so. Now it looks like MET might be the last SAM-based pin off the line.

#13077 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

With a pro their is no reason to buy the gels. Just get the LED's of your color choice.

Warm white is a color. I never felt the need to change the fuel gauge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#13081 1 year ago

Plenty of room for differing opinions here, including mine. I realize I’m in the minority, hence the shrug emoticon. I’m probably the only guy on the planet who replaced the factory GI for GOTLE with warm white. I do try not to be a dick about my preferences, but it’s an open thread.

#13088 1 year ago

Here’s my view on magenet protectors: they aren’t needed IF you adjust the magnet to the right height, slightly above the playfield. What’s much more important here is to remove the magnet core every 500-1000 plays and fix any mushrooming that has started. I didn’t do that for my 2010 IM, and I’m dealing with the consequences of it now. That locktite is a lot easier to deal with when you can still remove the core from the playfield!

#13089 1 year ago

+1 on the Mantis protector for the Mystery scoop. At least 5,000 plays on mine, and no damage yet.

#13114 1 year ago

Wow, that’s a brilliant mod 85vett! I’m definitely doing that when I get my MET back.

#13142 1 year ago

This thread needs more game play discussion. Is it possible to stack Seek and Destroy with a multiball or a CIU?

#13144 1 year ago

Cool, that’ll be my new goal! Thanks.

#13147 1 year ago
Quoted from toymin80r:

Good luck! The standup targets in this game are brutal... It doesn't help that you have to clear so many of them to start S&D.

I’m confused. I thought you started S&D by collecting items at all the major shots, and collecting at the captive ball.
I know that clearing the picks about a dozen times does something.

#13167 1 year ago

IMDN will be great to play on location. But I’ll still be happy to come home to my MET Pro.

1 week later
#13245 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would say spring needs to be tighter. I had similar problems with the drop target on ST pro I used to own. Only soft hits would register. I shorten the spring and it worked every time.

Yes, this worked for me.

#13249 1 year ago

I temp-traded pinnyheadhead my MET for a SMVE for about 2 months. Lucky for me, he fell in love with it and bought his own MET, and now my MET is back home. I really enjoyed SMVE but it's a very different kind of pin. There's nothing like MET, accept no substitutes.

#13254 1 year ago

I’ve pimped out MET, LOTR, Congo, Fathom and IM as temp-trades over the years. Those trades gave me several months with WCS, BSD, I500, Tron, Jack*Bot, SMVE, Tommy and a few others I’m forgetting. It’s way less hassle than buying and selling pins.

#13314 1 year ago

I love the PWM motor controllers, but they will fry your Spike cabinet board, so use them only in SAM and older. Expensive lesson for me.

#13329 1 year ago

If you guys keep saying “MET LED” I’m gonna start calling mine a “MET wood”.

5 months later