Topic Stats

• 16,888 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by sohchx
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,858 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_234519 (resized).jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190916203030373 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16888 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 338.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How did you get blackened super jackpot?

I don't remember but it was freaking bad ass! I think it's an accumulation of pick shots (light all 4) then hitting ramp shots or something like that. I think the jackpot scored me 20mil; can't remember it was happening so fast. I ended with a 47 mil blackened score. What I do remember is having multiball going when I started it and kicked ass in the multiball. Then, when it was just blackened I was focusing on rules. Certain ramp shots were awarding me around 350k shots, lighting all 4 pick targets seemed to give me some boost in points or something to that manner. So I was focusing on lit shots for the most part and picks when I didn't know what to shoot. Then I got MOP mb going, and a few shots later (to the picks?) I got a killer light shot and a blackened super jackpot. Can't remember if there was a call out (I'm pretty sure there was one) but the DMD showed 20 mil blackened jackpot.

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The skull looks GREAT, but I'm looking for something more hot rod related. Something like this would be great (but probably too big):

I have about 7 of these that are hot wheel size, I was thinking about also putting these above the fuel target area, not a rat-rod, but metallic purple with flames. They are collecting dust now, just have not pursued it. It's a FUEL truck.

image-662.jpg

#1203 5 years ago

Caught this on Wednesday when we were watching the Metallica Videos DVD waiting for the pin to arrive... At the very end of Nothing Else Matters

NothingElseMatters.jpg

I can't tell which one it is...

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

Awesome.

It's not one of the three I was thinking:

1. BG looks a little BoP (not those pops)
2. BG looks a little Gorgar (nope)
3. BG looks a little Frontier (nope)
4. Backbox trim made me think of Embryon (nope)

I may not even know the title myself, I'm guessing mid-70's or late 70's with those pops.
-mof

#1205 5 years ago

It looks like a Bally...maybe Lost World?

Phoebe

#1206 5 years ago

it is LW, best P Faris job...

#1207 5 years ago

Just picked up a Met pro. Love it.

My mystery light is always flashing, and when I hit the shot it just kicks the ball back out. Usually gives me mystery award after hitting it 2 or 3 times. Is this normal?

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The skull looks GREAT, but I'm looking for something more hot rod related. Something like this would be great (but probably too big):
http://www.clubmoebius.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=911
Post edited by swampfire: Added pic

product-page-eyegwild.jpg 102 KB

Yea, 1/20th is too big.. Hot wheels has some cool rat rods but I don't think you'll find anything like that in 1/64 scale ebay.com link

#1209 5 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

Caught this on Wednesday when we were watching the Metallica Videos DVD waiting for the pin to arrive... At the very end of Nothing Else Matters
NothingElseMatters.jpg 17 KB

see, i have made this picture yesterday in a tournament

http://mk1.ti1ca.com/ys9xlht8-1024.jpg

#1210 5 years ago

Just joined the club! Picked up a Met pro and I'm loving it. Is there a rule sheet anywhere? What does it take to get to end of the line?

#1211 5 years ago

Would anyone be willing to change out 2 songs through pinball browser and send me a link? I have all Macs and no PCs. Plus I'm a dummy.

Unforgiven --> Harvester of Sorrow
Creeping Death --> Eye of the Beholder

I'd be more than happy to throw Robin an extra contribution to pay it forward. BTW, I own ...And Justice For All.

Thanks!

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Just picked up a Met pro. Love it.
My mystery light is always flashing, and when I hit the shot it just kicks the ball back out. Usually gives me mystery award after hitting it 2 or 3 times. Is this normal?

No thats not normal. Sounds like your switch inside the scoop isnt giving a steady closed signal to the game. Ive had the same thing. Some discussion in various met threads. Basic idea is the switch tells game ball is there, but its "flakey". So the game kicks the ball out (kinda like the ball finder) without awarding the shot.

I adjusted the metal arm of the switch very slightly up towards the middle of the space where the ball would be when in the scoop. Havent had the prob since.

#1213 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in headphone kits for power sub plug n play hook ups for Metallica hit me up.

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

No thats not normal. Sounds like your switch inside the scoop isnt giving a steady closed signal to the game. Ive had the same thing. Some discussion in various met threads. Basic idea is the switch tells game ball is there, but its "flakey". So the game kicks the ball out (kinda like the ball finder) without awarding the shot.
I adjusted the metal arm of the switch very slightly up towards the middle of the space where the ball would be when in the scoop. Havent had the prob since.

Awesome, thanks!

#1215 5 years ago

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do with this? I was thinking of making illuminated wall art. It's a NOS part, never been on a machine.

metallica-1692.jpg

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do with this? I was thinking of making illuminated wall art.

That's what I've been doing with mine. Not lit up yet though. I had to take the Christmas tree lights off the CSI cuz they wouldn't stay taped down. Looked really great with the 12 dif. light patterns too.
3 PF.JPG

#1217 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what the guitar picks do? I know you can light them all in multiball and then hit the snake for add-a-ball. But what about the "band member modes"? What's the deal with those. How do you light one of those solid to work towards end of the line?

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me what the guitar picks do? I know you can light them all in multiball and then hit the snake for add-a-ball. But what about the "band member modes"? What's the deal with those. How do you light one of those solid to work towards end of the line?

You got to light them twice to get one band member, 3 times for the 2nd band member, 4 times for the 3rd band member and 5 times for the 4th band member. I've only got end of line started one time and I choked and didn't even hit one shot.... Basically, you have to light them all 9 times to start end of line.

Post edited by jathomp22: I can't add... Should have had my 3rd grader do the math.

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

You got to light them twice to get one band member, 3 times for the 2nd band member, 4 times for the 3rd band member and 5 times for the 5th band member. I've only got end of line started one time and I choked and didn't even hit one shot.... Basically, you have to light them all 9 times to start end of line.

There's a 5th band member of Metallica?

Who's the fifth?

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

You got to light them twice to get one band member, 3 times for the 2nd band member, 4 times for the 3rd band member and 5 times for the 4th band member. I've only got end of line started one time and I choked and didn't even hit one shot.... Basically, you have to light them all 9 times to start end of line.

Is that all you have to do to get to end of the line? Does collecting a band member do anything else besides work towards that? That would be a little lame....

#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is that all you have to do to get to end of the line? Does collecting a band member do anything else besides work towards that? That would be a little lame....

There could have been more too it. I had run through all the multiballs and collected almost 50 million on a CIU so those could have also factored into the End of Line but I'm also still learning the rules. I would have to take the glass off and just hit the guitar picks to see if End of Line starts to know for sure.

#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I would have to take the glass off and just hit the guitar picks to see if End of Line starts to know for sure.

I'll do that tonight and see what happens....I'm curious. I would assume there is some sort of award when you light all 4...points or something?

#1223 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

No, completing the band members starts Blackened, not End of the Line. You don't get EotL until you finish all 4 crank it up modes.

#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, completing the band members starts Blackened, not End of the Line. You don't get EotL until you finish all 4 crank it up modes.

Ok awesome. So the only requirement for EotL is finishing all 4 crank it up modes? Do you have to cash them all out or just play them all?

#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ok awesome. So the only requirement for EotL is finishing all 4 crank it up modes? Do you have to cash them all out or just play them all?

Just play them, but don't ask me to tell you the details, I have yet to get 4 in a game.

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You should wait for final word from someone who's actually seen EotL, but I'm pretty sure you just have to play them all. Once you play one CiU mode, you can't pick it again. So, it'd be a pretty rough move to force the player to go back through them after doing the fourth one -- not unprecedented, I guess.

#1227 5 years ago

Got it. Thanks for the info guys! Just trying to figure this game out.

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You should wait for final word from someone who's actually seen EotL, but I'm pretty sure you just have to play them all. Once you play one CiU mode, you can't pick it again. So, it'd be a pretty rough move to force the player to go back through them after doing the fourth one -- not unprecedented, I guess.

Sounds like something Lonnie would do to one of his games
Luckily it's Lyman

It's pretty easy to relight CIU and get out of the mode. I'll have to give EOTL a shot one day if I can ever pry my hands away from STLE

#1229 5 years ago

Pimped met pro here.

#1230 5 years ago

Just finished installing a new LED kit and some mods (crosses by the pop bumpers, spot lights, led strip by the flippers and back, snake tongue, cliffy kit)

Also swapped out the translight to a monster signed by John Borg.

IMAG1669.jpg
IMAG1671.jpg
IMAG1670.jpg

#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Just finished installing a new LED kit and some mods (crosses by the pop bumpers, spot lights, led strip by the flippers and back, snake tongue, cliffy kit)

IMAG1669.jpg 173 KB

IMAG1671.jpg 318 KB

IMAG1670.jpg 301 KB

Purdy.

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

IMAG1669.jpg 173 KB

IMAG1671.jpg 318 KB

IMAG1670.jpg 301 KB

Grab some apron cards at pinballcards.com

Those stock yellow cards take away from all the awesomeness you've got going on!

#1234 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

What are some settings/volume level people are using to get the best balance between music and callouts?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

External sub. Volume around 44-46. Sound attenuation +8; music attenuation default at 0 to prevent preemptive music cuts in end of ball sequence and game over.

I have my music attenuation at -10 to make the music louder. But now I do notice the song just cuts very abruptly at the end of a ball...I didn't think that was normal. Is this why this is doing that Eskaybee? Maybe I should switch it the other way around with music attenuation at 0 and sounds at +10. Should have the same volume level results and might not cut the song off at the end of ball.

#1235 5 years ago

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have my music attenuation at -10 to make the music louder. But now I do notice the song just cuts very abruptly at the end of a ball...I didn't think that was normal. Is this why this is doing that Eskaybee? Maybe I should switch it the other way around with music attenuation at 0 and sounds at +10. Should have the same volume level results and might not cut the song off at the end of ball.

Ya. You gotta set music to 0 to quit that nuisance music cut out at end of ball. Hopefully Lyman is aware of this. The problem with increasing speech attenuation resistance to +10 or more and increasing overall volume for louder music is you also get louder sound effects > i.e the snake hiss. These louder sound effects started getti too annoying and I eventually just set it all back to factory (0 and 0). Not a big deal when I play with headphones as it sounds bitchin; but it would be nice to crank the music when using my external speakers and sub.

Anyone contact Lyman on this issue yet? Maybe I'll take a stab at his email, but he's probably slammed with TWD right now.

#1237 5 years ago

Full LEDs, mirror blades, shaker, sparky and snake lighted mod, back box light mod, geo interactive light mod, full powder coating, coffin eyeball, Cliff burton signed translight

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Cliff burton signed translight

That would be rad.
=(
RIP Cliff !
-mof

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

That would be rad.
=(
RIP Cliff !
-mof

The most badass bass player ever!! Others that are close would be Geezer, Harris and fuckin LEMMY!!

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya. You gotta set music to 0 to quit that nuisance music cut out at end of ball. Hopefully Lyman is aware of this. The problem with increasing speech attenuation resistance to +10 or more and increasing overall volume for louder music is you also get louder sound effects > i.e the snake hiss. These louder sound effects started getti too annoying and I eventually just set it all back to factory (0 and 0). Not a big deal when I play with headphones as it sounds bitchin; but it would be nice to crank the music when using my external speakers and sub.

Got it. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll just tweak the sounds to +5 or so.

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Full LEDs, mirror blades, shaker, sparky and snake lighted mod, back box light mod, geo interactive light mod, full powder coating, coffin eyeball, Cliff burton signed translight

Sound like you have almost a Refinery edition. Except for the Cliff Burton part.

#1243 5 years ago

Can someone tell me how to get to and how to play seek and destroy, and blackened? Been to both multiple times. I have no idea how I got there and no idea what to do when I get there.

#1244 5 years ago

SnD is a mode that starts when you complete the inserts (sparky switch, snake, cross) for all the main shots and collect the hurry up for each.

The seek shot is to hit the strobing shot (all inserts flash at same time)
Then the destroy shot is to hit the captive ball.
Then another lane will begin strobing
Repeat until timeout or ball drain.

Lanes will strobe in the same order that you completed them to get to SnD.

#1245 5 years ago

Blackened mode starts by completing all of the pic inserts with band members names on them near flippers. To light each pic insert you have to complete a set of the four pic targets near the ramps. The number of pic sets increases for each band member earned.

Once you get all four pics on the lower playfield lit, blackened starts. I dont have the rules for playing the blackened mode ironed out in my head yet. But you can wrap up some sweet jackpots.

Enjoy

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Maybe I'll take a stab at his email, but he's probably slammed with TWD right now.

Please do. This is the most frustrating part of the game to me at this point. I want to be able to crank up the tunes without the sound effects blaring.

#1247 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How did you get blackened super jackpot?

Here's what I've been able to figure out so far - Met pro v1.63, default settings.

- Blackened can be started during any multiball or mode including CIU's.
You can start multiball or any mode including CIU's while Blackened is running.
NOTE: DMD animations tend to show whichever was started first.
- 40 sec timer. Super jackpot starts at 1M.
- Hitting any of the shots described below will pause the timer for a few seconds.
If the timer value is below 15 sec, hitting a shot will reset the timer back to 15 sec.

After mode has started...

- Complete pick targets to collect band members.
- Collecting a band member will score a "band member" jackpot, add that value to the super jackpot,
increment the next "band member" jackpot, and light all the spider shots on the playfield.
- Shooting a lit spider shot will collect a "spider" jackpot, add that value to the super jackpot,
increment the next "spider" jackpot, and un-light that shot for further jackpots.
Re-light all spider shots by collection another band member.
- Collecting the 3rd band member lights SPECIAL on the outlanes.
- Collecting the 4th band member randomly flashes one of the spider shots for super jackpot.
After collecting, the super jackpot base value resets to 1M.
NOTE: All Blackened jackpots reset when the mode finishes.
- Use FUEL and/or multiball for 2x or 4x scoring.

#1248 5 years ago

Thanks for the info on SnD and Blackened guys. Much appreciated. Now I know what the hell to do there!

#1249 5 years ago

What made me look closer at this, was because of the ball coming right back at the flipper when the shot is made up there .Can you all check left ramp and ball guide there on left side/ If you look in the pic's you can see the issue. It must have been installed like this from factory, I only had this game since July, about 200 plays or so. That guard rail is bent all the way down. Tried bending with fingers but she not budging. No way ball strikes did this on such little plays. The edge of ramp is getting direct hits and is starting to get bashed.

1911881_10202497860957553_4524089016807119837_n.jpg

10171850_10202497861637570_4699208156158493672_n.jpg

#1250 5 years ago

You don;t need to get out of CIU to count as you can only start each CIU mode once.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Evansville, IN
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 16888 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside