Topic Stats

• 16,892 posts
  • 949 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 359 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,860 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1574345173537 (resized).jpg
20191121_190619 (resized).jpg
20190921_133716 (resized).jpg
E337CB3C-9387-4BE2-A54B-13F42F8C2DA5 (resized).jpeg
507E6B91-27AA-4CDC-AFBB-4079B7BB71C7 (resized).jpeg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Mod - Marshall (resized).jpg
Plunger Plate & Shooter Knob Model - Marshall (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E6242E9A-2132-4071-AE15-1264B836090B (resized).jpeg
DF782AB3-DEA5-4AC1-90E4-0E6B15419BF9 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1570754293555 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (7) (resized).jpg
20191005_171001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2894 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 338.
#1151 5 years ago

My game was "born on" May 13, 2013. Serial #240732. Who has the oldest Metallica out there?

Anyway, after 15 months mine was getting a bit dirty. Did a complete teardown, shopout and wax this week. How does a Metallica look after 15 months of play (about 2000 games)? Well, my snake lost one factory fang, but other that the game still looks new!

IMG_6007.JPG
IMG_6012.JPG
IMG_6013.JPG
IMG_6004.JPG
IMG_6001.JPG
IMG_6000.JPG
IMG_5997.JPG
IMG_5994.JPG
IMG_5995.JPG

Post edited by swampfire: I can't math

#1152 5 years ago

BTW when you do get to your 15-month shopout, I highly recommend swapping in white rubbers everywhere. I should have posted before pics - lots of "skidmarks" in the orbits from the black rubber.

EDIT: Plays like new too, unfortunately. I'm bricking most of my grave marker shots.

#1153 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

How can I obtain an electronic copy of the user's guide?
-mof

On the stern website. Go to the game and it's under the manuals section.

Rob

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

BTW when you do get to your 15-month shopout, I highly recommend swapping in white rubbers everywhere. I should have posted before pics - lots of "skidmarks" in the orbits from the black rubber.
EDIT: Plays like new too, unfortunately. I'm bricking most of my grave marker shots.

I noticed this as well,both corners of the ramps & the orbits corners. What product did you use on mteal ramps?

#1155 5 years ago

Does Metallica have a "Midnight Madness" or any other unique things when the clock strikes midnight? I know on some wpc games this madness happens.

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Does Metallica have a "Midnight Madness" or any other unique things when the clock strikes midnight? I know on some wpc games this madness happens.

you mean like DH? no, but that's ok because you pretty much stack EVERYTHING in metallica anyways

#1157 5 years ago

Anyone else like some more Lars callouts if we get another update?

#1158 5 years ago

I'm still loving this game, but wondering why it's "casket" in the call outs, but the dots say coffin.

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone else like some more Lars callouts if we get another update?

You mean like if he could re-do the original ones so they aren't the worst thing in the game?

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You mean like if he could re-do the original ones so they aren't the worst thing in the game?

Well, tbh I am not really sure who does which callouts - I would just like some new ones.

#1161 5 years ago

Question:
On the first ball when you select the song, hold left flipper and plunge the ball, why does the song change?
I put in settings where it says"song locked on plunge" I put "yes", but when you select your song and plunge ball, it still changes the song. What am I doing wrong?

Also any important things in settings/dianostics I should change? I don't know half the stuff in the settings, so some help is needed and appreciated. Game is a monsters premium.

Quoted from n0s4atu:

I'm still loving this game, but wondering why it's "casket" in the call outs, but the dots say coffin.

I'am wondering about this too, as it was always like this on the very first code, and they have not changed it yet! It's minor, but curious what happen there.

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Question:
On the first ball when you select the song, hold left flipper and plunge the ball, why does the song change?

Umm...hmmm....doesn't on mine. Unless of course you are "selecting" you song, then hitting the flipper & plunging.
EDIT: Mine is all fac settings

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Umm...hmmm....doesn't on mine. Unless of course you are "selecting" you song, then hitting the flipper & plunging.
EDIT: Mine is all fac settings

yes, press start button, select song, then hold left flipper button (for the skill shot) and plunge ball. When I do this it changes the song, but on ball 2 and 3 it don't change song, just on the first ball.

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

yes, press start button, select song, then hold left flipper button (for the skill shot) and plunge ball. When I do this it changes the song, but on ball 2 and 3 it don't change song, just on the first ball.

Well when you hit the left flipper you are still in song selection mode, so it moves the song. So you either have to flip 1 past the the song you want and run your routine, or hit the right flipper once after hitting the left.

I assume the "hold song" feature is a way to change the song per ball...but I've never changed it.

EDIT: you know what sucks? Hitting the flipper one to many time and realizing you just selected 5mill for CIU...happened to me finally the other night. Talk aboot lame.

#1165 5 years ago

I always wondered, how do you do the super skill shot and select FUEL as the song?

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I always wondered, how do you do the super skill shot and select FUEL as the song?

Right flipper...flip flip

#1167 5 years ago

When you select your song are you letting go of the button? Because the song isn't "selected" until you plunge.

You have to do a little back and forth to stay on the right song with the button in sometimes.

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

go to Fuel, hold left flipper, then hit right flipper, then plunge.

#1169 5 years ago

that being said they should just remove the songs that are affiliated with modes and reserve them for the modes..

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

EDIT: you know what sucks?

Accidentally selecting One as your main game song because you're not paying attention during that whole flipper skill shot dance we're discussing?

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

that being said they should just remove the songs that are affiliated with modes and reserve them for the modes..

That would leave like one song.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That would leave like one song.

they only have about 200 other songs.

#1173 5 years ago

I'm sure I might have asked this question or it was already covered in this thread somewhere...

Who has the best looking LED kit for the Metallica Pro? I'm still undecided.

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

I'm sure I might have asked this question or it was already covered in this thread somewhere...
Who has the best looking LED kit for the Metallica Pro? I'm still undecided.

The problem is that it is so subjective. I haven't seen a kit for any machine that I absolutely loved. Experimenting with colors and mixes of LED and incandescent bulbs is one of my favorite parts of the process. I would start with a random mix of bulb colors and types. You can search images for inspiration.

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Who has the best looking LED kit for the Metallica Pro?

cointaker has one, but I had to mod some of their choices (such as color changing bulbs under certain inserts). they have the brightest and best bulbs imo

#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

cointaker has one, but I had to mod some of their choices (such as color changing bulbs under certain inserts). they have the brightest and best bulbs imo

I use a lot of cointaker and have always liked their good...but yes the kits always throw a little too much "jazz" in there for my tastes.

I bought some comet also, but haven't had time to put any in.

#1177 5 years ago

What are some settings/volume level people are using to get the best balance between music and callouts?

#1178 5 years ago

I bought the CT set for my Pro. The documentation they provide for which bulb type goes where is handy. It helped me make a follow up order to tweak the color choices they had. For ex i moved two of the slow color changing flex head leds over to the mystery hole. They change at different rates and it gives a nice mix of colors fading in and out when its lit.

I like my guitar pics both out near the ramps and near the flippers to be the same color. I went with green CT premium. Love it.

#1179 5 years ago

Does anyone know for sure which leds brand type and color stern is putting in the GI for the new led pros?

Ive tried a few different leds in GI and im not found one that im completely that happy with. I think the best ive got for under plastics is a premium frosted warm white. Tried a retro and it was ok but maybe too in your face for in use in slings etc. i just picked up a couple of thier double leds. Ill expiriment some.

#1180 5 years ago

I just joined the club yesterday (Roadcase Premium), my first NIB purchase.

#1181 5 years ago

Just got my sub hooked up and I can't stop playing this game. If you're on the fence about a sub, don't be, this game deserves it. I just wish I could figure out a way to stop the hammer from doing it's little bounce, so that the visuals were as awesome as the auditory boom.

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

What are some settings/volume level people are using to get the best balance between music and callouts?

External sub. Volume around 44-46. Sound attenuation +8; music attenuation default at 0 to prevent preemptive music cuts in end of ball sequence and game over.

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

External sub. Volume around 44-46. Sound attenuation +8; music attenuation default at 0 to prevent preemptive music cuts in end of ball sequence and game over.

Thanks. I have an external sub hooked up and I'll give those settings a try tonight when I get home.

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How do you know the numbers on the sub.? My polk only has hash marks, not numbers. You said 44-46, do you mean the volume on the machine itself?

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

I just joined the club yesterday (Roadcase Premium), my first NIB purchase.

nice man, I got the monster premium and it was my first NIB as well.

#1186 5 years ago

Hi Folks just unboxed my NIB MET Pro a few days ago ...need some advice. What color bulbs under the flipper lane plastics near the bottom? What color under slings and lastly what color in the spot lights? TIA.

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

How do you know the numbers on the sub.? My polk only has hash marks, not numbers. You said 44-46, do you mean the volume on the machine itself?

Probably the pin itself, as that is where I have mine set.

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Just got my sub hooked up and I can't stop playing this game. If you're on the fence about a sub, don't be, this game deserves it. I just wish I could figure out a way to stop the hammer from doing it's little bounce, so that the visuals were as awesome as the auditory boom.

I tried different spring tensions and none of them helped reduce the hammer bounce. I think the only solution is a tweak in the software.

Rob

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hi Folks just unboxed my NIB MET Pro a few days ago ...need some advice. What color bulbs under the flipper lane plastics near the bottom? What color under slings and lastly what color in the spot lights? TIA.

I put the neon lane and sling protectors on mine and left the bulbs incandescent. I love how they look. I tried some LEDs and none looked right, imo.

#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I put purple under all that stuff. I used a lot of purple overall on my game, and I'm happy with it. I've heard that Titan Pinball has really nice purple LEDs, but I haven't seen them myself yet.

#1191 5 years ago

Thanks, actually I was going for purple under flipper lanes, I ordered from pinball life...they're not purple at all, they actually look off white, I'm sending them back.

#1192 5 years ago

Woop! A good game this was. Got the blackened super jackpot! What a show that is! 3 CIU modes and just needed the snake for the fourth, so close.

image.jpg

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Woop! A good game this was. Got the blackened super jackpot! What a show that is! 3 CIU modes and just needed the snake for the fourth, so close.

image.jpg 292 KB

Oh ya, and you'll notice my sparky cap fell off that game
So much shake rattle roll lol

#1194 5 years ago

Any interest in this skull to be mounted in the somewhat barren FUEL area. You can see the lighted version that would be hooked to a flasher and next to it is what it looks like when it is unlit. It's nice and detailed.

image-918.jpg

#1195 5 years ago

We got Metallica yesterday. OMG the fun. SO far I've played about a dozen games... I ended the night with this...

MetHighScore-sm.jpg

Supper happy with it. I'm not really good at keeping track of goals or playing the skillful "Lyman Sheets" type of game. TBH... I actually find the "stop the ball every chance & line up shots" style of game boring and slow. In other words, I enjoy the "go fast, hit a bunch of shit & try to keep the ball alive" type of game. Result: Hardly ever get on the board.

#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from LunaStone:

We got Metallica yesterday. OMG the fun. SO far I've played about a dozen games... I ended the night with this...

Supper happy with it. I'm not really good at keeping track of goals or playing the skillful "Lyman Sheets" type of game. TBH... I actually find the "stop the ball every chance & line up shots" style of game boring and slow. In other words, I enjoy the "go fast, hit a bunch of shit & try to keep the ball alive" type of game. Result: Hardly ever get on the board.

MetHighScore-sm.jpg 116 KB

I have played over 500 games on mine, and I still haven't scored that high. lol My best score tonight was 35M. I could hit the shots to start stuff, but then it seemed like I bricked every shot during.

#1197 5 years ago

metallica is pretty much the bees knees these days imo, I put up 222 mil last night on location. I closed out 2 CIU songs, had blackened and seek n destroy going as well then choked. I love stacking any MB on top of coffin, then add a ball and just rock it.

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

image.jpg 292 KB

How did you get blackened super jackpot?

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Any interest in this skull to be mounted in the somewhat barren FUEL area. You can see the lighted version that would be hooked to a flasher and next to it is what it looks like when it is unlit. It's nice and detailed.

The skull looks GREAT, but I'm looking for something more hot rod related. Something like this would be great (but probably too big):

http://www.clubmoebius.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=911

Post edited by swampfire: Added pic
product-page-eyegwild.jpg

#1200 5 years ago

Oh I gotta remember to update mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Escondido, CA
Sale Pending!
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 229.99
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16892 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 338.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside