• Latest reply 9 years ago by TomGWI
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fail.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Interesting that the notes don't even mention the instant info menu. I wonder what other undocumented changes there are.

Anyone know if the VE will see any more code polish?

V 01.82 - 17-July-2014
====================

System Changes:

- Games built with CPU Part #520-5352-00 need to use V1.81 code.
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5246-00 need to use V1.82 code.
- CPU Part #520-5352-00 is built with an FTDI USB chip
- CPU Part #520-5246-00 is built with an Atmel USB chip
- There are no game rule changes between V1.81 & V1.82
- Fixed small bug with stern logo in attract mode

V 01.81 - 5-July-2014
====================

System Changes:

- rebuild of game code and assests

V 01.8 - 1-July-2014
====================

System Changes:

- Set up an adjustment that lets you pick the new light shows or the old
- Copied all the needed classic light strings (STD) into the new ironman game.
- Copied all the needed lamp string strings from the STD edition to the new one
- Set up a lamp for the iron monger chest light in the coil table
- Copied over all LE code that is needed from STD edition
- Put in code so that if adjustment is set to new LE it shows the new stern logo, and if it is set to the old LE it shows the old stern logo, in attract mode
- Added an adjustment so users can select whether they are using LED’s or incandescent lamps in their game (regardless of hardware version)
- Reworked the flash lamp effects that go from dim to light or vice versa (for games with LED lights)
- Commented out the attract mode dim to bright effect if the game is using led lights, but it will still run the effect if incandescent lights are selected
- Added the iron monger chest light to the iron monger speech FS so that his chest light will blink with his speech
- Changed the LED LE for bogey ready to a flashing effect because the new LED lights don’t work well on dim to bright LE. The LE is unchanged for those who still have incandescent lamps in their playfields
- Fixed a score display bug in mini wizard mode Jerico, where the score would go off screen if it was 100 million or higher
- Changed ironman mode ready effect so it doesn’t use dim to bright LE when set to LED
- Changed ironman mode background (during mode) LE so that it builds up and then down, instead of just what it did originally which was blink.
- Changed the iron monger super jackpot LE effect it was repeating until the DE was done, now it only repeats twice before stopping
- Changed the monger multiball hit award LE flash lamps to fs invalid so the LE will still show through when iron monger talks
- fixed a bug that was keeping the iron monger start effect from running when it should, part of the fix was to write a new alternate LE for the last hit on the iron monger before multiball starts
- fixed do or die LE for background as they were doing a dim to bright effect
- Created a mask version of the function lss_sweep_off_down_mask and lamp_string_off_mask to help reveal mode shots sooner after certain LE
- Made special iron monger chest light shows for various LE in iron monger attack and iron monger multiball
- Added shooter lane LE, for when you plunge the ball

#2 9 years ago

It's mentioned further down in the 1.6 section, since 1.5 was the released version previously. So there really aren't any other gameplay changes according to the read me.

#3 9 years ago

So, am I reading it correctly that there is a setting to tell the game that it has LEDs installed and the fix is to neuter all the fading effects?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

So, am I reading it correctly that there is a setting to tell the game that it has LEDs installed and the fix is to neuter all the fading effects?

At least they tried to do something different with them just then turn effects off outright. Leaving in the option for incandescent effects sounds like a good compromise for what these remake tables are: Games that weren't designed with LEDs in mind, that were never meant to support PWM or direct control at the appropriate levels. People can then decide if they like new or old with their LEDs. Or maybe buy an OCD if it's not flash lamp related.

#5 9 years ago

True. They did do something different by avoiding the effects that make the LEDs look bad, they left the option in there to keep the effects on, AND they made a separate build for the old CPUs. It probably was about the best they could have done. I guess I was just hoping for more.

#6 9 years ago

Is this code able to be run on the original Iron Man machines?

#7 9 years ago

I really like the reference to "LE" games.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

It sounds like you can turn them back on if you want...seems to mostly affect flashers. Even though I've LED'd a lot of my games, I've left many flashers incandescent since they just look better in some games sometimes. I wonder if I put incandescent flashers in those "fade" areas & change the settings, if the flash fade FX will function the way it did on the old game. Sounds like that's the case.

#9 9 years ago

Would've been Ok w/ me if the code guy Re-installed 50 mil- for Do or Die Hurry Up instead of 35 mil-

But No Big deal ,, The IM VE sounds and lOOks like a Winner !!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I really like the reference to "LE" games.

I think most if not all of the uses of LE in that document mean "lighting effect(s)"

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

True. They did do something different by avoiding the effects that make the LEDs look bad, they left the option in there to keep the effects on, AND they made a separate build for the old CPUs. It probably was about the best they could have done. I guess I was just hoping for more.

Looks like you are getting another sale from me Herg.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think most if not all of the uses of LE in that document mean "lighting effect(s)"

Yes, I admit I was a bit confused initially and came to the same conclusion; I was like WTF is LE in this context?

Lighting effects... only thing that is not crazy.

#13 9 years ago

Looks like the links for the gamecode for IMVE and IM 2010 for 1.82 and 1.81 are working:

Vault Edition:
http://sternpinball.com/upload/game-code/iron-man-vault-edition/1671/IMenglish00SV.zip

Regular:
http://sternpinball.com/upload/game-code/game-code-iron-man/788/IMenglish00.zip

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yeah, when they first announced it I thought the LEDs would get full fading, but I guess they needed to use the old hardware for cost reasons, so options to 'optimize' for LEDs are at least nice to have.

Put it this way, it's just as good as the original version, but with options to tweak, so nothing to really bitch about. And old owners get the options too.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, when they first announced it I thought the LEDs would get full fading, but I guess they needed to use the old hardware for cost reasons, so options to 'optimize' for LEDs are at least nice to have.
Put it this way, it's just as good as the original version, but with options to tweak, so nothing to really bitch about. And old owners get the options too.

This is my take; it could be a bit better, and it could be a whole lot worse for those of us who own the original IM.

I tend to look at this update as a net positive, I have not upgraded yet but will at some point. Considering I was not expecting another IM update it is an unexpected bonus.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Crap, you're probably right. Eh, I was fast reading it and thought I would try being a smart-ass.

Fail.jpgFail.jpg

#17 9 years ago

Have anyone tried the new code in an original iron man?

#18 9 years ago

Looks like they didn't include number of drones in the status report which was in the beta code not the machine at papa.

#19 9 years ago

I have installed v1.82 in our original Iron man and it seems to work just fine.

#20 9 years ago

Ok for original IM where does the Iron monger LED chest light need to be hooked up so it will blink with his speech as mentioned in the notes? For those that have the modified figures in the original games.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Ok for original IM where does the Iron monger LED chest light need to be hooked up so it will blink with his speech as mentioned in the notes? For those that have the modified figures in the original games.

Is the LED in the iron mongers's chest a 555/47 or is it a 161/906 flasher?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I have installed v1.82 in our original Iron Man and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks for the info. I'll try it in mine

#23 9 years ago

Iron Mongers chest LED is a 555/47 not higher voltage 161/906 flasher.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Iron Mongers chest LED is a 555/47 not higher voltage 161/906 flasher.

Cool thanks.

#25 9 years ago

Could there be another update, perhaps the possibility to earn extra balls?

#26 9 years ago

Is there an option for holding the left flipper to keep the stopper down and open the orbit on a ball launch, similar to Tron and Metallica? My least liked feature on this game...

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

Is there an option for holding the left flipper to keep the stopper down and open the orbit on a ball launch

I wish!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Looks like they didn't include number of drones in the status report which was in the beta code not the machine at papa.

They do, it just reads as number of hits to war machine multiball. Subtract from 8.. 3 hits remaining = 5 drones collected, etc.

#29 9 years ago

Just disable the orbit post; it's useless IMHO.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just disable the orbit post; it's useless IMHO.

It used for super pops when they are active so not totally useless...

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It used for super pops when they are active so not totally useless...

Superpops is a hand job from the librarian; you can do better on IM.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Superpops is a hand job from the librarian; you can do better on IM.

Sounds good to me. Which library do you go to?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-182-code-readme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.