(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 279 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 187.
#3201 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Of the 250 LE shipped, a handful have posted reports of cracking issues in a decal, and even fewer with some other minor cosmetic issues. Let’s not make a mountain out of a molehill just yet? I wouldn’t cancel my LE order just because of these.

Ok so if mine has cracked decals, no freaking problem, ship it to this dood's house and I'll have his.

No didn't think so!

Lots of people have the view that if only a few folks on pinside are complaining its a small problem when probability says its most likely the other way around.

Regards,
Neil.

#3202 5 years ago

Is that because newer cabinets are made differently? Weren't old style cabinets brought to an angle at the corner to the point? Whereas these newer cabinets all appear to be flat box corners.

#3203 5 years ago

it seems to me that when they build these machines they are building them with the thought they are going to be put out on location where they get the heck beat out of them by the public. I don't think they realize these machines are going to collectors with a more discriminating eye and higher quality expectations for the home and our collections.

#3204 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that because newer cabinets are made differently? Weren't old style cabinets brought to an angle at the corner to the point? Whereas these newer cabinets all appear to be flat box corners.

I know my TZ and CV have 45 degree angles at the corners. The decals are not wrapped around the corner.

#3205 5 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

I often expect mechanical concerns that happen due to shipping. This is my 11th or 12th NIB game; I get it and things happen. Not this many things typically happen at one time.
Why is my LE missing the tilt plungebob hanger thingie? Not lost in shipping.
Mechanical stuff can be fixed by most of us. Cosmetic stuff not so much; or at least well beyond my abilities. And I’m not going to use my new 8k toy to learn how to replace decals.
I will not accept a tolerance for superficial blemishes on games. If that’s the case, advertise semi-NIB games and price accordingly.

What’s your manufacture date? I received two of them but no pinballs :/

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So the others are not even CGC and you are seeing the same thing on all of them...interesting..

Possibly all those cabs were made by CGC. Who's making American Pinball's cabs?

#3207 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Exactly correct .... original Bally/Williams cabinets had the wood joint, and the decal seam exactly at the point of the corner. These new cabinets have the wood joint about 1/4" back from the corner, on the side panel, and CGC is decaling right over this joint ... exactly where all of these decal cracks are occuring.

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

This is what I think it is personally. Cabinets contracting and expanding slightly during periods of cold during shipping could cause fluctuations with the decals? Or could be the vinyl itself becomes brittle in the cold and breaks easier during shipping. I have one on order, but it's subzero where I'm at, so yeah...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have an SE with a late December build date that was built in a warm factory, shipped in cold weather, picked up by a friend where it sat for a couple of weeks in his unheated garage, where I picked it up in sub freezing weather and transported in the open bed of a truck for 6 hours to my house, where it was taken out of the box and set up in a warm environment. No issues with the cabinet, electronics, decals, etc......

#3209 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have an SE with a late December build date that was built in a warm factory, shipped in cold weather, picked up by a friend where it sat for a couple of weeks in his unheated garage, where I picked it up in sub freezing weather and transported in the open bed of a truck for 6 hours to my house, where it was taken out of the box and set up in a warm environment. No issues with the cabinet, electronics, decals, etc......

That doesn't feel any better at all .... my LE took 5 days to arrive, did arrive in a snowstorm, I did get it right into my semi-heated garage for an overnight, then immediately the next morning into my game room where it sat untouched for 48 hrs. to acclimate. I removed the topper, threw open the top box flaps only to discover ... cracked decal.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

it seems to me that when they build these machines they are building them with the thought they are going to be put out on location where they get the heck beat out of them by the public. I don't think they realize these machines are going to collectors with a more discriminating eye and higher quality expectations for the home and our collections.

And if we want them to continue selling to us home users, we need to be understanding and not expect an immaculate machine that is delivered on a silver platter with zero issues ever. It’s unrealistic to do so. Some of the issues here are blown way out of proportion while others are severe enough that they need to be addressed. But the minor issues are being treated as if the sky is falling and we are all doomed!

#3211 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

And if we want them to continue selling to us home users, we need to be understanding and not expect an immaculate machine that is delivered on a silver platter with zero issues ever. It’s unrealistic to do so. Some of the issues here are blown way out of proportion while others are severe enough that they need to be addressed. But the minor issues are being treated as if the sky is falling and we are all doomed!

I mean, I'm not scared off yet, but I get the panic. The group on PS sometimes come off like they are more worried about the looks than the game itself. I'm surprised they even play their games for fear something might break. The problem is, regardless of 'who' these are made for, we are paying a premium for these. Getting something with visible defects out of the box is disturbing, especially when you KNOW down the road if you want to sell it, someone else (the majority of people on this very site) is going to say 'oh those decals are split, I'll only pay you X'.

#3212 5 years ago

I have a feeling CGC is just busy dealing with a multitude of problems at the moment. Doug sent me a message here on pinside about 6 days ago offering to work with my distributor to get my deposit back if I wanted out after the delays. I asked if he could tell me when my distributor would would get their tiny allotment so I could decide if it's too far out and I never heard back, after 6 days. Not sure what to think anymore. CGC reviews are very, very mixed at the moment.

#3213 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

That doesn't feel any better at all .... my LE took 5 days to arrive, did arrive in a snowstorm, I did get it right into my semi-heated garage for an overnight, then immediately the next morning into my game room where it sat untouched for 48 hrs. to acclimate. I removed the topper, threw open the top box flaps only to discover ... cracked decal.

Well crap.....sorry to hear that.

#3214 5 years ago

I have seen a lot of brand new pins in my life, been around for many an unboxing. Never been around when one was unboxed looking as flawed as the MBr and AFMr decals that have been posted here. I have seen cabinet scratches that make you cringe, and they went right out on route but they didnt cost $8k and your casual bar patron is not giving two schnitzles about it either. They know a majority of these are for HUO and the standards the collectors put on every nick and scratch. NIB and it’s worth plummets as soon as it becomes NOOB, and heads even further south if the cabinet is not an A+.

Would any collector look at these cracks and give the cabinet an A+ rating? But it was NIB... how can in not be an A+?!?

This is why we are complaining about our $8k “toy” build quality.

#3215 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

But the minor issues are being treated as if the sky is falling and we are all doomed!

So what are your considered "minor issues that the sky is falling" ?

#3216 5 years ago

I'm really surprised that CGC not contacted owners on the tickets submitted or posted an update here. This can't be good for sales.

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So many things wrong with this statement, but the glaringly obvious is that without the home market there is no pinball market. Are you suggesting GCG will exit the pinball market all together because people complain about faulty goods?

#3218 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Well crap.....sorry to hear that.

Thank you! I am glad that you got your SE in good condition!

#3219 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This can't be good for sales.

Not sure it makes a big difference yet... the delayed production has not given that many people cold feet, imo, but enough people getting a less than an A+ cabinet MBrLE NIB at $8300 delivered might affect sales a bit. Maybe they can get a buyer to pay $5750 for a refurbished CE and swap off the LE head? No disrespect to CE buyers, but maybe they can give those willing to accept the cracked decals a discount for buying a refurbished product and toss in a set of replacement decals for your effort maybe too? Just a thought.

#3220 5 years ago

I would keep an LE with the issues for a significant discount. The game will never leave our house but at 8k and a messed up decal job out of the box, come on man. The delays are bugging me. Do I want my game now, sure but its ok. The PF issues I thought were minor as in I could barely see anything in the pics and I doubt I would have noticed them at all if it was my game (well maybe one of them). But the split cab decals is extremely noticeable and some these AFMR pics are horrific.

#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I would keep an LE with the issues for a significant discount. The game will never leave our house but at 8k and a messed up decal job out of the box, come on man. The delays are bugging me. Do I want my game now, sure but its ok. The PF issues I thought were minor as in I could barely see anything in the pics and I doubt I would have noticed them at all if it was my game (well maybe one of them). But the split cab decals is extremely noticeable and some these AFMR pics are horrific.

From what others have said, CGC sends replacement decals for those affected.

For what it’s worth my AFMr LE has no decal issues.

#3222 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

From what others have said, CGC sends replacement decals for those affected.
For what it’s worth my AFMr LE has no decal issues.

If it is indeed a problem with the joint, that will need to be corrected before the new decals are applied (which is a lot of work in itself), or the same thing will just happen again. CGC uses a halving joint at the corners rather than a mitred joint. On my SE I can feel the joint through the decal - whether it will eventually crack or not remains to be seen.

#3223 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

MBrLE NIB at $8300 delivered might affect sales a bit.

I WISH!! I am paying over 12K Canadian lol. It had better be perfect!

#3224 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

If it is indeed a problem with the joint, that will need to be corrected before the new decals are applied (which is a lot of work in itself), or the same thing will just happen again. CGC uses a halving joint at the corners rather than a mitred joint. On my SE I can feel the joint through the decal - whether it will eventually crack or not remains to be seen.

Didn't CGC used to make the Williams cabinets, or am I dreaming? Why would they change their proven design?

#3225 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Didn't CGC used to make the Williams cabinets. or am I dreaming? Why would they change their proven design?

No clue - maybe B/W dictated they use a different type of joint. Maybe the current joint is cheaper to do. I'd have to check my B/W cabs tonight, but I believe they used a type of lock rabbet joint:
Lock-Rabbet-Joint (resized).jpgLock-Rabbet-Joint (resized).jpg

If you look close, you can see the joint in the pic that was posted earlier - it's right below the decal crack:

MB joint (resized).jpgMB joint (resized).jpg
#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Did anyone have any success in calling CGC and actually getting some sort of response? I see including myself & people leaving msg's and yet to hear from them.

Out of curiosity, what are you guys expecting CGC to do about cracked decals?

#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm cool with an extra set of decals.. For those that don't work on games I'm sure that's very underwhelming.

#3228 5 years ago

I would rather have a discount instead of new decals which will probably just crack again. Would be a pain to have to redo decals and could end up worse after my reinstall. I would just live with the crack but would appreciate some discount since it would lower the resell value vs one without cracked decals

#3229 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm cool with an extra set of decals.. For those that don't work on games I'm sure that's very underwhelming.

What’s the price of a new set of decals.. $300 ish?

#3230 5 years ago

$250 to $300 from pps I belive is consumer cost.

#3231 5 years ago

No way would I want to re-decal or slap another set on top of it. Unfortunately the cracked decal is the symptom... not the problem.

If mine cracks... I’m just gonna let it be.

22787096-E6FA-4CDA-B10E-F8BB2D1B4295 (resized).jpeg22787096-E6FA-4CDA-B10E-F8BB2D1B4295 (resized).jpegD9694171-AC47-4FBB-AA5F-200CFF9E0FDC (resized).jpegD9694171-AC47-4FBB-AA5F-200CFF9E0FDC (resized).jpeg
#3232 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Would be nice if they would acknowledge the problem instead of avoiding it.. as a starter.

Then I would like to know what they can do to prevent this for others yet to be built.

and I agree with others..if you already have this issue..ether a new set or cash equivalent as a choice...I for one would not feel proficient in replacing them myself..being I never have attempted it

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:If mine cracks... I’m just gonna let it be

It looks as though yours has started to crack on the left side.

#3234 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

No clue - maybe B/W dictated they use a different type of joint. Maybe the current joint is cheaper to do. I'd have to check my B/W cabs tonight, but I believe they used a type of lock rabbet joint:

Earlier cabinets used a locking joint, but one that uses a 45deg edge.

cosmo (resized).jpegcosmo (resized).jpeg

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

It looks as though yours has started to crack on the left side.

Maybe... I don’t see it though.

#3236 5 years ago

Williams used a superior joint.

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Earlier cabinets used a locking joint, but one that uses a 45deg edge.

Exactly why my Bally Williams games dont have cracked decals because the decals only go to the join not over it. Where it then is susceptible for a decal to crack if going over a joint as there is always going to be even a small amount of movement in a heavy cabinet.

#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Williams used a superior joint.

I thought CGC built the Williams cabinets ?

#3239 5 years ago

Guess I will report on my decals. I've had my LE since 12/21, have around 150 games on it at this point, and my decals around the legs look fine.

I also own MMR-LE, purchased new in May 2016...decals are fine there as well.

**EDIT: I totally missed it, but it does look like a minor crack on the right side decal. I am not too concerned at this point...we'll see how it lasts in the long run.

20190204_185558 (resized).jpg20190204_185558 (resized).jpg20190204_185603 (resized).jpg20190204_185603 (resized).jpg20190204_185608 (resized).jpg20190204_185608 (resized).jpg20190204_185613 (resized).jpg20190204_185613 (resized).jpg

#3240 5 years ago

I don’t think the crack is what people are seeing along the very edge ... it’s when it cracks about 1/8” in where the joint is on the cabinet.

Either way... I’m hitting it with a marker if it annoys me.

#3241 5 years ago

Hello does anyone know where I can find a Cliffy set for MBR I search but I couldn’t find..
Thanks

#3242 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Hello does anyone know where I can find a Cliffy set for MBR I search but I couldn’t find..
Thanks

From the man himself!

passionforpinball.com

#3243 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Thanks

Right from Cliff.
Passionforpinball.com

#3244 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

From the man himself!
passionforpinball.com

You beat me to it!

But be patient. Cliff is busy and in very high demand.

#3245 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

The first picture looks like that the cabinet split. So there is maybe an other bracket needed. A friend of mine did that with his afmrle, after he knows that mine cracks, and he has now for over one year no cracks on his afmrle.

Thank you for the tip. I will be adding a simple right angle bracket with short screws on the inside of my MMr and my MBr LE when I receive it.

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

The first picture looks like that the cabinet split. So there is maybe an other bracket needed. A friend of mine did that with his afmrle, after he knows that mine cracks, and he has now for over one year no cracks on his afmrle.

Do you have pics?

#3247 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

**EDIT: I totally missed it, but it does look like a minor crack on the right side decal. I am not too concerned at this point...we'll see how it lasts in the long run.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That "hair" in picture #2 wedged in the left leg would bother me more then that..

#3248 5 years ago
20190205_150816 (resized).jpg20190205_150816 (resized).jpg20190205_150525 (resized).jpg20190205_150525 (resized).jpg20190205_150712 (resized).jpg20190205_150712 (resized).jpg20190205_151028 (resized).jpg20190205_151028 (resized).jpg20190205_151113 (resized).jpg20190205_151113 (resized).jpg20190205_150503 (resized).jpg20190205_150503 (resized).jpg
#3249 5 years ago

Its how the front joint in the cab is made. 1 is 45' the splitting decal cabs have a flush joint 5mm back from the front

20190205_152152 (resized).jpg20190205_152152 (resized).jpg20190205_152406 (resized).jpg20190205_152406 (resized).jpg

#3250 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Not sure it makes a big difference yet... the delayed production has not given that many people cold feet, imo, but enough people getting a less than an A+ cabinet MBrLE NIB at $8300 delivered might affect sales a bit. Maybe they can get a buyer to pay $5750 for a refurbished CE and swap off the LE head? No disrespect to CE buyers, but maybe they can give those willing to accept the cracked decals a discount for buying a refurbished product and toss in a set of replacement decals for your effort maybe too? Just a thought.

I will take one. Has to be better than my current MB cab

20190205_155109 (resized).jpg20190205_155109 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/65?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.