(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,109 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by VALIS666
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 38 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 99 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 297 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 160 votes
    27%

(594 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,046 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ECFD018C-171D-4332-BAED-562D106B24BF (resized).jpeg
E895CFE9-8634-4D1E-ACF6-3F37449C1C2D (resized).jpeg
D0F45CA9-0928-4D51-BDF4-57E7B6EB0F0E (resized).jpeg
IMG_4096 (resized).JPG
IMG_4095 (resized).JPG
20190911_155129 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
DE89221C-E15B-4A84-BEAB-4458ECC4F96E (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-11 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail-10 (resized).jpeg
DSCF0010 (resized).JPG
DSCF0009 (resized).JPG
DSCF0008 (resized).JPG
DSCF0005 (resized).JPG
DSCF0002 (resized).JPG
2c129bb9a5f0814974722ee5cfd7a54e15195d33 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (6 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (34 days ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (20 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andrewket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago

I’ve indicted to the distributor I bought AFMR LE from that I’d like a MBR LE. I haven’t ordered because nobody has (yet).

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I hope you meant "indicated" since "indicted" means to charge with a serious crime.
Or does your distributor overcharge so much that it seems like it must be a crime?

Oooops!

1 week later
#27 1 year ago

So where is the reveal / details? This is insane.

#32 1 year ago

Already on an LE list ...

#38 1 year ago

I don’t remember where I heard / read the rumor, but supposedly owners of MMRLE and AFMRLE are going to get first dibs on MBRLE.

#40 1 year ago

ZZzzzZzzzzz....

This may be worse than waiting for TNA.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Or BOTH. This is way past crazy.

This is worse than watching the paint dry on my TNA?

#48 1 year ago

Assuming the quality, both in terms of construction and replication of the original of CGC thus far, I'll choose the NIB remake. Much less headache in terms of maintenance. Simpler architecture and new parts.

2 weeks later
#63 1 year ago

We’ll see what happens. I just spent the $ I had earmarked for MBr on an IJ.

#69 1 year ago

I had every intention of buying MBr. I have MMR and AFMR and enjoy them both. I ordered both without having played either, and I’ve never played MB.

However, I’ve recently acquired an IJ (great game) and Deadpool arrives next week. I’m getting close to being out of space.

Is MB a sufficiently great game to have in a collection that already has MMR and AFMR? I know, I should find a way to play it and decide for myself, but there aren’t any MBs around that I’m aware of (DC area). I’ve had good luck staying in the top 20 pins rated here on pinside as well as SDTM’s ratings.

2 weeks later
#90 11 months ago

<drops a pin>

1 week later
#98 11 months ago

I ordered a MBRLE!

... said nobody this week.

1 week later
#115 11 months ago

At this point I’m waiting to see Munsters before deciding between the two.

#124 11 months ago

SDTM just posted on FB that Flip N Out is taking orders.

#127 11 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Any prices listed? I'm on the FB page, but I don't see anything on Monster Bash.

No, and I don’t see anything on CGC either. Perhaps Zach pulled the trigger a little early.

#132 11 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Steve Bodwen is live playing MBr on FB

Have a link? I couldn’t find it.

#162 11 months ago

LE ordered. I had said I was going to wait until I saw Munsters, but it may end up being an and instead of an or.

#292 10 months ago

I had to email the warranty card for my AFMR to get the priority on MBR. I generally don’t bother registering unless there is an issue. We host thanksgiving for several friends and their families along with our extended family, and pinball is the main event. I’m hoping it shows up in time, but it doesn’t sound likely. The kids would love MB.

1 week later
#332 10 months ago

We’ve got a lot of extra guests coming for Thanksgiving this year. I’d love to have MB in the lineup, especially for the kids, but it’s unlikely the LEs will ship in time. I should really piece together a mini tournament. Having never participated in one before, much less orchestrated one, anyone have any pointers to templates for a very casual and friendly event?

#364 10 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The LE's come after the 150 SE's are made. Production rate is up to 15 per day, so 10 - 15 days to get the SE's done, then the LE's start.
I have number 34, so ~3 weeks after LE's start I should get mine shipped.
So probably a mid-December delivery for me.
But that's an estimate, no word from my distributor yet...and only $1000 down paid so far.
Robert

I wouldn’t bet on LEs shipping in numerical order. I ordered serial matching 58x during the first hour and I wouldn’t expect to have to wait for 500 other LEs to be made before mine ships.

#370 10 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I was told matching number LE’s are the first batch of LE’s on the line and once ALL those orders are filled they start with the first unused number at the top of the serial number list and start shipping non- matching LE orders. My hope is before first of the year I see mine, but that just may be when I get the final bill and I actually won’t see it until later in January.

This is correct. My comment above was that someone ordering matching SN 400 on day 1 compared to a person ordering matching SN 15 on day 3, I would hope SN 400 to ship first. In reality, and unfortunately, what probably matters most is the order you ended up in at the distributor that you choose. In my example, SN 15 could ship first if that person was 1st at their distributor and SN 400 was 8th, even though calendar/clock time wise SN 400 was ordered days earlier. This is the downside of ordering from one of the more popular distributors.

2 weeks later
#566 10 months ago

Just PIF for a matching LE.

#585 10 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The best reason to get a matching number is that those are built first.
Other reason...bragging rights.
Robert

Same here. I really don’t care if my SN matches, but I’m happy to be in the priority queue.

#586 10 months ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Has anyone looked for "Lyman's Lament" on the MBr? To refresh your memory (from the IPDB): Before launching the first ball, and with credits on the machine (or free play), press the left flipper 11 times, then press the right flipper once, the left flipper 5 times, the right flipper once, the left flipper 6 times, and finally the right flipper once. The game will say "Totally" then launch the ball. Hitting the scoop with this ball will start Lyman's Lament, playing different music along with the voice of programmer Lyman Sheats commenting while that ball is played.

It was confirmed in the reviews that Lyman’s Lament is there.

#665 9 months ago

Me three!

#681 9 months ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

My distributor said he got my SE yesterday but I’m going on a few days vacation so he’ll hold it until I get back. I have s**t for timing.

This is what I’m worried about for my LE towards the end of December. I once had a pin held at a depot for a few extra days and it resulted in damage

1 week later
#948 9 months ago

Queue - not “Q”

noun
BRITISH
a line or sequence of people or vehicles awaiting their turn to be attended to or to proceed.
synonyms: lineup, line, row, column, file, chain, string; More
COMPUTING
a list of data items, commands, etc., stored so as to be retrievable in a definite order, usually the order of insertion.

#997 9 months ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

I bought MMrLE and AFMrLE NIB, ordered both the day they were announced, both number matched. I’m now being told I need to prove this or I’m out of the number match club. Annoying. I sent in my receipts, which of course were just emails from my distributor (not the same one I’m using for MBr).

All you have to do is complete the warranty registration card for either or both of your prior machines.

#1009 9 months ago

Pissed is a strong word, and the issue doesn’t seem to raise to that level. Annoyed, sure. Pissed? Give them a break. I’m sure they will fix it. Go play a few games.

#1178 9 months ago

CGC clearly has an issue with their warranty registration mechanism. I emailed the card for my AFMRLE in October and my distro reached out in early December to say I needed to register it. I was able to find the email in my sent items folder and resend it with the time stamps and they fixed their records. Others have had warranty repairs / parts sent and are still told they need to register (again).

In the big scheme of things it’s not a big deal, but it’s a bit disheartening that they could have administrative issues on such a simple thing. Hopefully it’s because they’re all engineers cranking out awesome pins

1 week later
#1523 8 months ago

I have a pin, but i don’t recall which, that has a setting to limit the maximum volume. Even with the volume set high it won’t go any louder. Star Trek, maybe? Anyway, I haven’t looked at the manual, but perhaps MBR has a similar setting?

#1580 8 months ago

Hmm, I couldn’t find it on pinball life.

1 week later
#1809 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Yep I’m in the same boat. I do think they took the payment too early, but I guess someone has to make interest on it. Had to pay the wire fee on both ends as well, my banker said he had never heard of that. My response to him is where else on the planet am I going to get one of these games.

Why wire it? There was plenty of time. I sent a check via bill pay. I would prefer to use a credit card, and have even paid part of the merchant fees to do so in the past, but I understand why the distributors don’t want to eat those costs, especially when there is plenty of time to mail a check.

#1836 8 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I guess I made a lucky choice in using Game Room guys to order my number matched LE (456). They collected $1000 upfront via my cc when I made my order last October . And now that CGC is ready to ship it, on 12/26 they collected via my cc the final balance due. Very straight forward and easy to do business with. I used them last year also when I bought my AFMR LE., also on my cc. You might want to consider them for your next pinball purchase. Hemisphere Amusements is also great to deal with. Just FYI .

I bought my AFMR and a few others from them.

1 week later
#1948 8 months ago

Or better yet, pinball machines should really have built in WiFi or Bluetooth at this point. Many of the PCs being used have it and are disabled.

Internet access would open up several possibilities in addition to easy code updates. Regional / National / Global leaderboards comes to mind. Virtual tournaments, etc.

#2126 8 months ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

It sounds like the best bet is to spring for the couple of extra hundred bucks for a delivery company that will provide white glove service set up of the machine in your home. Then, you are able to see the entire machine set up. If it’s not right, it’s not on you.

fwiw, I did this on my first pin, which was NIB. The driver refused to do anything more than drop it off on my driveway, despite his own paperwork clearly stating “inside delivery”. He shrugged his shoulders and said he was contracted by the carrier only to deliver it curbside and told me to take it or leave it. I ended up accepting delivery, and then it took about a month to get a refund of the inside delivery charge. I now have all the necessary equipment to move pinball machines around, but at the time I did not. I ended up having to hire two guys to help me carry it inside before it rained.

#2372 8 months ago

Received notice today that my matching MBRLE is shipping tomorrow. Ordered day 1, PIF in November.

#2426 8 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What matching number were u?

Upper 500’s

#2541 8 months ago

I’m sure I’ll get yelled at, but I’ll say it anyway...

Everyone take a breath. CGC will deliver. So they’re behind. I thought I’d have my machine the week between Christmas and New Years. I had family over and was looking forward to it. It didn’t happen. Not the end of the world. We’ve got 800k federal employees out of a job or working without a paycheck, children being separated from their parents by the US government, and people struggling to feed their families or obtain drinking water. Let’s try to keep some perspective.

#2697 7 months ago

MBRLE arrived today. I haven’t had much time to play it, and I haven’t examined the play field under a microscope....

But... they shipped it without any pinballs. Not a big deal, but a bit humorous none the less. I sent CGC an email so they can be on the lookout for that subtle mistake.

#2734 7 months ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Yes but I didn’t see any obvious setting from there

It’s on the third screen, I think. Flipper coil power.

#2791 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have been contemplating buying a AFMrLE from PPS (supposedly they had at least one yesterday) and seeing if I could get my MBrLE moved up to a matching status, getting it matched to the AFMrLE which is sitting NIB at PPS. Now that is how bad I have been wanting my MBrLE.

Won’t work. The cutoff was a month ago (or more?). Patience grasshopper.

#2997 7 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Great Collection, mbr Looks Dark compared to the Others. I think i will Add some spotlights to Mine when it arrives

His MMR has pin stadium lights on it.

#3205 7 months ago
Quoted from AliciaC:

I often expect mechanical concerns that happen due to shipping. This is my 11th or 12th NIB game; I get it and things happen. Not this many things typically happen at one time.
Why is my LE missing the tilt plungebob hanger thingie? Not lost in shipping.
Mechanical stuff can be fixed by most of us. Cosmetic stuff not so much; or at least well beyond my abilities. And I’m not going to use my new 8k toy to learn how to replace decals.
I will not accept a tolerance for superficial blemishes on games. If that’s the case, advertise semi-NIB games and price accordingly.

What’s your manufacture date? I received two of them but no pinballs :/

#3346 7 months ago

Fwiw, my matching LE that I received a few weeks ago is not exihibiting any cracks of the decals shown here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.00
$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Machine - For Sale
Windermere, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andrewket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside