(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,722 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 33 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 92 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 284 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 154 votes
    27%

(563 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 918 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mb (resized).jpg
IMG_1989 (resized).JPG
IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
IMG_1964 (resized).JPG
IMG_1960 (resized).JPG
IMG_1955 (resized).JPG
20190614_191926 (resized).jpg
20190614_191929 (resized).jpg
AD36C5F4-BBC1-4E4F-A0C5-35E21D321A57 (resized).jpeg
5ED24BC8-C762-4B53-A131-9FEE941971C6 (resized).jpeg
CF6FE0C5-0068-4F46-A1FD-540CBC5C28C5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9411 (resized).jpg
20190609_102032 (resized).jpg
20190604_114223 (resized).jpg
AB10A6F3-92FF-4BE8-8039-9C3FF28AC728 (resized).jpeg
696D1BF0-1CFF-424C-B5B2-356384C5D081 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 8 months ago

SE for me!

3 weeks later
#455 7 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

How long has it been since the SE people were asked to pay in full?
I was told that the LEs will begin shipping the week after Thanksgiving.

I paid two weeks ago for my SE.

#462 7 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I personally cant see getting an se with and le only being 800 or so bucks more shipped.i understand everyone wants different things but the le comes with some cool stuff.

I can't put toppers on because my ceiling is too low. I would like the shaker though. I can do without the other stuff.

#481 7 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

I just received word via email that my SE is soon to be headed to my place starting today or Monday. WOOHOO!

I got the same message. My distributor said he would deliver it previously because I need him to get it downstairs. Not sure what is going on.

#484 7 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

He simply copy & pasted the message to everyone. It's a lot easier than sending a personalized message to everyone on the list. Did you order through PinballStar aka Joe as well? I'm sure he'll be good to his word.

Yes. Joe just said the pin is coming from Chicago to me direct. I will have to muscle it down the steps with my friend. We are getting too old for that!

#485 7 months ago

Looks like Monday may be the day! This winter snow storm really messed things up.

#598 7 months ago

Just got word that my MBr Se may ship next week!

#646 7 months ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Where do you get the mylar? Is there different thicknesses? Please let me know!! Thanks man.

Marco has mylar sheets. You can cut shape to what you need.

#669 6 months ago

MBr SE arriving on Thursday. Will take pics.

#676 6 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

MBr SE arriving on Thursday. Will take pics.

Just found out the first shipper that called had an AFMr to deliver on Thursday. Cancelled that. The second call from the other shipper was the one I was waiting for. They will deliver my MBr SE this Saturday.

#785 6 months ago
20181201_105838_resized (resized).jpg20181201_110533_resized (resized).jpg
#788 6 months ago

Just came off the truck. I have to wait for my friend to help me get it down the stairs! I will send more pics later.

#804 6 months ago
20181201_151945_resized (resized).jpg20181201_151950_resized (resized).jpg20181201_155204_resized (resized).jpg20181201_155211_resized (resized).jpg20181201_155245_resized (resized).jpg
#806 6 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

That’s a nice line up! Can’t wait for my LE, I see you got a Circus Voltaire in there. That’s one of my dream games at the moment just haven’t had the opportunity to buy one. Congrats on your MB!

Thanks. I saw the CV for sale from Firebird Pinball. He did a nice job shopping it. I jumped on it right away! One of my favorites. Only pin I have beaten so far. You will love your LE.

#808 6 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I have one of those VPCabs and play CV quite often, not the same but still a fun game. I've been anxiously waiting in the mean time I've been playing MB virtually on the Vertigo to hold me over hahaha

Not many CV out there. Good luck in finding one. Some people do get tired of it. I never tire of the ringmaster. Rudy is better though!

#823 6 months ago
Quoted from mrfp:

So far, so good with the phantom flip!

Mine works also!

#923 6 months ago

Just got the shaker in my SE working. Thanks to Plunger069! Set on light it is working great.

#925 6 months ago
Quoted from jbug:

What modes or events get the shaker going?

I have played a few games since the install. Hitting Frankenstein's monster during multiball shakes. Also some times when the Mummy sequence is going it shakes. There may be more that I have not experienced yet. It seems to be used sparingly. I like it a lot. Worth it!

#952 6 months ago
Quoted from jbug:

What modes or events get the shaker going?

Also shakes when Drac is hit.

#1004 6 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I'm a little surprised that this wasn't caught by some kind of quality control, now that we have had 2 people with issues stated. You would think that someone had to force it in and would realize that at the factory?
I can only hope they will look into it.

I had the same problem getting the translight out. It did come out with just a slight amount of force.

1 week later
#1337 6 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK guys with the SE, how is the upgraded sound package, is it worth the hype?

Sound is great. But the display is awesome! Do not know how the CE is though.

#1501 6 months ago

Pinside needs 10 more approved ratings for MBr Se to be in the top 100 list.

#1548 6 months ago

I have had my MBr SE for three weeks now. I put in side art from Pingraffix and a shaker. It has played almost perfect from the start with no adjustments. The scoop protector is wearing but looks OK. It is doing its job. The ball has come off the right ramp a couple of times and landed in the poppers. It plays fast and is fun. It is a great game.

1 week later
#1774 5 months ago

My shaker is from AP and works great. I have it on the lower setting. Love it!

#1919 5 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Help me out...I'm on the list for MBRLE but have come across a STLE with a few hundred plays. Which will hold the most interest over time? I know, we are all different, but I'm curious what you guys think if you have a lot of experience on both.

Get both. I have had my ST for a while. I may not play it for a week or two but then when I do I remember how good it is. Multiball with the shaker is great. I just got the MBr SE. Always wanted MB but too much money. Glad I got the new pin. Different enough for me than ST. Lots of fun. I put shaker in MBr also. Will keep both.

1 week later
#2170 5 months ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Happy New Year's Everybody.
I wanted to give everybody a quick update as to what is going on here at Chicago Gaming Company.
We are in production currently on the Monster Bash Limited Edition Serial Number matching games. We are working hard to get them completed to start our standard Monster Bash Limited Edition Production run. As you know we are committed to delivering the highest quality in all of our products, so we are taking a little extra time to ensure that every game is up to the quality that we demand.
We also have released a software update for all current Monster Bash games already delivered.
This update can be found here: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
1) Reprocessed audio to increase volume.
2) Fixed bug where custom logo would revert to default over a power cycle.
I want to thank everybody for all the support and wish everybody a Happy New Year

I tried with no success to update the new code. The folder says "MonsterBash102" only. No installer.img. I download a zip opener that did NOTHING. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#2172 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please PM me your email address and I'll send you instructions Scott Tiesma made up. Might help you better.
LTG : )

PM sent. Thanks Lloyd.

#2174 5 months ago

Lloyd just sent better instructions that I will try later. Thanks. Was for Windows. free zip app from App Store.

#2179 5 months ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I'm having the same problem. No file to unzip, it's not a .img file. Following Windows OS instructions.

Lloyd just sent me better instructions that worked. I still had some confusion with the zip file though. Not sure what I did to get it working. You may have an easier time. PM me or Lloyd (LTG) for the instructions. Thanks again Lloyd!

#2184 5 months ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

I'm waiting for my MBR, somewhat confused by the mosh pit protection issues. Can someone confirm the latest recommendation? Is it to remove chest is included completely and replace drug the full sized cliffy and mantis protector?

My original protector is holding up. There is a mark where the ball is going in but no bad dents. I would wait and see how it holds up.

#2199 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Can anyone please help with the code upgrade process I did everything cgc required but I get a blank screen on my pin no upgrade?

See post 2179.

#2224 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Has anyone done a speaker upgrade to LE/SE?
I was thinking about buying the Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade.

Did you update your code yet? Sound is better now.

#2227 5 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm getting the machine tomorrow. More than likely, it has the latest upgrade installed.

Great. You may be happy with the original set up. The FF speakers are great though. I put them in my LOTR and can hear so much more dialog.

#2228 5 months ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Anyone have any idea why Phantom Flip isn’t working/lighting out of the box?

I turned mine off.

Added 146 days ago:

Turned it back on.

#2409 5 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Can someone tell me what's the best place to purchase Pdi or invisaglass (or whatever is considered the best glass and bang for the buck)

I got my invisiglass from JJP direct.

#2615 5 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

Does anyone know when the TOP 100 list will have the remakes updated into an "MB group" (currently ranked at #3), similar to MM and AFM? is there a minimum number of ranks of the remakes required for them to enter?

Pinside needs 5 more ratings to get MBr on the list.

#2616 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the SE guys expressing frustration - I do understand your point You seem to be very particular though about the machine which leads me to something I don't understand. If you're that particular how in the world do you not get the LE version of this game? So much more value and you get the definitive version that it appears you're looking for.

I got my SE for the upgraded figures, sound and display. I added the shaker, side art and the plasma light. I have no room for a topper and would not want it anyway. The blue armor is nice but not needed. I do not like the lock down bar.

#2687 5 months ago

Just put in the Lermods plasma disc. It works and looks great. Should show or tell where to plug in though. Nothing in manual. Goes under the playfield on a dedicated spot.

plasma (resized).jpg
#2689 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Cool, glad you like it! Where to plug it in with pics and how to install it is in our instructions on our website. The packaging it came in also provides info on where to find the instructions.

I looked again and did find the info on the plastic bag it came in. Sorry about that!

#2690 5 months ago

Anyone know where the monster table wood overlay mod went?

#2692 5 months ago

Thanks. I will check it out.

#2715 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mezelmods. I will put up a review when I receive it tomorrow or thurs.

Just ordered mine last night.

#2739 5 months ago

MBr SE needs 4 more ratings, MBr LE needs 5 more and MBr CE needs 13 ratings to get on the top 100 list.

#2752 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just get some Invisiglass or PDI on there and you're done!

You forgot the wood table cover.

#2822 4 months ago

I took the CGC hole protector out and just put a piece of mylar down. I cut a section of the protector out to stop the ball from hanging up but did not like the result. Mylar works!

#2904 4 months ago

Just to let you know, the table mod does not lower the arms. Kristen said the design was changed because of a fit issue.

#2963 4 months ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Have any of you guys that have split decals submitted a ticket to CGC regarding that issue? I contacted my distributor, that is what he instructed me to do. I did so on Monday, but haven't heard anything back. Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat. I'm not sure what to expect from them response time-wise.

I just looked at my MBr SE. The right corner is split. Not going to worry about it.

#3193 4 months ago

I got my MBr SE in December 2018. Houdini was NIB in February 2018. Both were flawless out of the boxes. The LOTR and LAH were both probably not cracked when new. I think they are cracking from the overlap and from shaking the pin during game play.

20190204_141754 (resized).jpg20190204_141805 (resized).jpg20190204_141814 (resized).jpg20190204_141842 (resized).jpg
#3200 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So the others are not even CGC and you are seeing the same thing on all of them...interesting..

No cracks on any of my Williams or Bally though.

#3204 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that because newer cabinets are made differently? Weren't old style cabinets brought to an angle at the corner to the point? Whereas these newer cabinets all appear to be flat box corners.

I know my TZ and CV have 45 degree angles at the corners. The decals are not wrapped around the corner.

#3326 4 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

One thing the Navy taught me to do as nuclear ractor operator was think outside the box, or on top of it
But honestly, when looking to solve issues like this, you gather as much info as possible, brainstorm all potential possibilities and then construct and conduct investigations that eliminate each possibility. Do we see CE’s and SE’s with decal cracks, no?, so why LE’s? The topper shipping box et. al. and it's 40 pounds of dead weight is a HUGE floating mass at the HIGHEST distance from mother earth, which is like the absolute worst combination. This would be on my list of “possibilities” along with “heat embrittlement” if they use hair dryers in the decal applying process, or “chemical embrittlement” if they use solvents for ANY cleaning operation, vinyl does not like some solvents and can become brittle when exposed to them. These three are the biggest what if’s on the list to be explored- phisical cause, thermal cause, or chemical cause. It falls into one of those three more than likely, so now figure out how to eliminate each one. That can take time, which is something CGC is already having a problem with on LE deliveries.

My SE is now cracked. It was not cracked when I got it NIB.

#3451 4 months ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

My start button light comes on at startup then goes off after sitting for awhile. Comes back on when game is started. Anyone else with this issue?
Thanks
Classic edition

I know when I play, the light is lit to use items collected.

#3469 4 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

SE has the bigger display?

Yes. Display is awesome. You can also easily add shaker and plasma disc. The disc from Lermods is colored. I added both.

#3470 4 months ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Another question about the bride. That voice sounds like the mom from Married with Children and the Futurama show. Katey Sagal. Is it?

I do not think so.

#3651 4 months ago

Only need two more approved ratings to get MBr on top 100 list.

#3745 4 months ago

We need one more MBr SE approved rating to get on the top 100 list!

#3799 4 months ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Anyone know the best place to buy Invisiglass? Is there a place that gives you a price break on more than one sheet?

I got 4 sheets from JJP. They shipped 2 and I picked up 2 at their factory. I have Magicglass on my Houdini. The Invisiglass and Magicglass are almost identical. They are both great.

#3807 4 months ago

The Invisiglass has a more green color. The Magicglass has a lighter less pronounced green hue when you look at the image of the overhead lights. They are different.

#3810 4 months ago

My 5 IG are all the same. Got them at different times. Glad they all do their thing!

#3834 4 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Looking to add some LED Britebuttons to my LE when it arrives - what is everyone's opinion on color choice?
Original buttons were yellow. I see lots of redone OG games with blue. I think purple also works.
As I look at side art of the LE (with the blue trim) I am also thinking the green ones might be a solid choice as well.
TIA

Green or yellow.

#3850 4 months ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Has anyone else experienced a lot of rejects on the Brides ramp? Mine with a good flip will loop behind the Bride, and stop at the apex of the wire ramp, and roll back down. Everything seems to be adjusted right back there. Frustrating.

Mine does that a lot!

1 week later
#4245 3 months ago
Quoted from wyopin:

It’s alive!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice collection!

#4328 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Topper in progress!
[quoted image]

That is fantastic! Do I see Bela Lugosi Igor in the back?

#4332 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ygor! He will be next to the Amps, as in the. backglass

I must have Young Frankenstein on the Brain!

#4435 3 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I am looking to change out the flipper rubbers and go with Titans - any cool colors or kits suggested?

I used Super Band purple. I put green Perfect Play rings on the slings.

2 weeks later
#4883 84 days ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Is it normal for this game to have left ramp shots that don't make it all the way up the ramp to then roll back and drain out the right outlane every single time?

Mine did that till I increased the pf angle.

#4892 84 days ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

At what angle did you set your playfield and the flipper strength settings?

The flippers are at the factory settings. The bubble is just about touching the middle line. I do not know the angle.

1 month later
#5567 31 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How many people actually have a game? Every time I check this thread it’s about somebody disappointed or waiting for their delivery... who’s actually playing the game?

I have my SE about 5 months. Love it! Not as easy as lots are saying. FUN. Added side art, shaker, plasma disc and changed some rubber to add more color.

#5588 28 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Please post some pics!

I like the SOE blades but already had these. Plasma disc changes colors.

20190527_191058_resized (resized).jpg20190527_191107_resized (resized).jpg20190527_191130_resized (resized).jpg20190527_191141_resized (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#5718 2 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

lermods plasma disk blue, green, or multicolor? I'm leaning blue but wish they did a better job showing a video of each.

Multi is awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
7,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 9.95
$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside