(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

We were aware of the issue with the hole protector before Pinball Expo and were already working on a solution to make it stronger. Fortunately, the issue has been resolved. We spot welded in an additional .036” stainless steel liner to the existing part.
The part is secured without tape. As the screws are tightened, the rubber grommets expand to clamp the part into place. The modified parts have been tested and have shown no signs of distortion.[quoted image]

EA58217F-78AB-4E6B-ADDE-81A2AFBD73AF (resized).jpegEA58217F-78AB-4E6B-ADDE-81A2AFBD73AF (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nice attention to detail on this game. They even included a factory installed scoop protector. Very nice. Good luck with your game! It looks great.

It looks like they doubled up the scoop protection, it almost looks like a mantis style protector combined with a cliffy style protector... and they included a drain hole protector.
Well done CGC!

1 week later
#730 5 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Everyone else’s pics will put mine to shame but they are! It really is gorgeous in person, they did a great job!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy heels man, that’s a lot of shoes!

6C5C7250-144E-4488-8904-2F0C5AA8AA50 (resized).jpeg6C5C7250-144E-4488-8904-2F0C5AA8AA50 (resized).jpeg
#874 5 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Have LE on order.. but not one of the # matchers.. may get impatient and get SE instead..
Will CGC make the topper available as an add on later?

The topper is exclusive to the LE only and will not be sold separately, but you may be able to pick one up from an LE owner with a low ceiling.

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I had the same problem. I have to push up on the backglass very hard to remove and put it back. Now that I know it is not just mine, I will turn in a ticket also.

Hopefully they can correct this issue before they produce too many more games.

3 weeks later
#1883 5 years ago

How do you insert this logo into the game?

#1927 5 years ago

I wish MB had a 2nd skill shot like MM where you could hold the flipper button shoot the ball around and make a shot.

#1941 5 years ago

Deleted I figured it out

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Please share what your fix was and thanks.

It was kind of dumb, I was trying to update the new sound patch and the SD card wouldn’t go into the slot.. Turns out I had the SD card backwards (see pic)

27116FFE-224A-43B0-893E-2B4FDCD1B39B (resized).jpeg27116FFE-224A-43B0-893E-2B4FDCD1B39B (resized).jpeg
#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

My distributor just stated - They are producing number matching LEs at this time. 70 a week and have about 300 to go. Talked to CGC thursday they hope to start reg le non matching number customers in 3 to 4 weeks.

Dang that's a long wait for those at the back of the pack.

#2195 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I will keep the factory scoop protection - it’s doing it’s job and taking the hits rather than the wood. Would be good if they sold spares of those if one wanted to replace it cosmetically.

I agree, I have about 50 games on my LE and the factory protector is doing its job. It has some small marks on it that you can’t even see unless you get right up on it at a certain angle

Side note I have my flipper strength set to -4 as the factory setting seemed too strong.

FF61E967-0F3E-4252-93D0-990351379D0F (resized).jpegFF61E967-0F3E-4252-93D0-990351379D0F (resized).jpeg

#2252 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Anyone have any idea why Phantom Flip isn’t working/lighting out of the box?

Keep playing, below is straight from the tech at CGC...

“When the customer gets their game, it usually takes 3-4 games before the phantom flip will start working . And it learns left and right separately, so often the left or right will start working before the other side.”

1 week later
#2726 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Have a MBRLE on order. What is the general consensus on adding a powered sub to this LE Remake? I have them on every game in my collection.

I have a psw10 on mine and love it.. well worth the money!

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I know this is the dumbest post today.
I have installed all of the Cliffys except the smallest one
Where does it go?
Much thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

That protector goes on the front edge of the drain hole.

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Thanks, any chance it should look like this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nope, your MBr already has a drain hole protector so you won’t use that.. here is a pic of my BM66 with the cliffy drain protector installed.

29003BE1-354D-45FF-B85B-767CA78668E9 (resized).png29003BE1-354D-45FF-B85B-767CA78668E9 (resized).png
#2824 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I took the CGC hole protector out and just put a piece of mylar down. I cut a section of the protector out to stop the ball from hanging up but did not like the result. Mylar works!

My protector was precut from the factory, I never had a ball hang up on it.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow looks like cgc cabs are doing what sterns were doing and people hammered stern for this .

Two games with this issue so far out of roughly 300 shipped, my LE looks perfect.

Edit: I meant 2 MBr with this issue so far.

#3006 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

The only complaint so far has been a couple people upset the phantom flip doesn't work 100% of the time, but when it does work they are like OMG THAT WAS SO FUCKING COOL!!#!@#!@# It equals itself out.

Phantom Flip learns over time mine was nailing shots after approx 50 games... Keep playing

#3106 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Question for any current MB owners. I was playing a classic edition on location today and I was surprised at the number of airballs from hard hits on targets near the center of the playfield. I also noticed a LOT of dimpling of the playfield right in front of those targets which I am guessing is related to the hits from the airballs?
Has anyone else noticed this issue and is there a fix for it? I'm trying to decide between an AFM remake or MB remake and the AFM they had at this location seemed to not have this issue and shot a little smoother overall to me.

Lower the flipper strength to -8 problem solved, factory setting is way to strong IMHO.

#3118 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

-8 good lord, for me, with the game at 7 degrees, and -1 flipper power it barely makes it up the left bride ramp..

My bad, I Just double checked and mine is set at -6 and has plenty of snap to make all shots.

#3229 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm cool with an extra set of decals.. For those that don't work on games I'm sure that's very underwhelming.

What’s the price of a new set of decals.. $300 ish?

#3405 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

And I 100% agree Sara @ PPS is awesome!!!

X 2 Sara is Awesome!

#3419 5 years ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

My start button light comes on at startup then goes off after sitting for awhile. Comes back on when game is started. Anyone else with this issue?
Thanks
Classic edition

I believe your game is going on power save mode, you can turn the feature off in settings.

#3458 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Quick question on the bride had I haven’t seen and move since I started the game for the very first time does it actually do something or does it always stay up like this ?

It should go up and down every time you hit the left ramp.

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Afmr le sells for 1k cheaper than it was new and there are 250 more mbrle. afmle has much better topper and is a better game in most people's opinion.. That is not really that limited in this hobby . I think mb will be be around 7-7250 also when all said and done. Heck even mmrle are mid to low 7s.... so that seems to be the sweet spot for cgc le used pins. So many new expensive pins coming out over the next few years everything is gonna fall in price on the used market...

I sold my MMrLE with color chip for $8000 locally and it sold almost immediately.

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that guy left at least 300 on the table. I wouldn't be surprised if that sells for 1k+

for $1000 I will pull my topper off and put a red bow on the extremely overbuilt box it came in for the buyer.

#3636 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Canceled my LE today with Game Room Guys
Going Wonka!
Fingers crossed

81DC1DE3-09E2-4E28-A840-145A7F2D3A15 (resized).jpeg81DC1DE3-09E2-4E28-A840-145A7F2D3A15 (resized).jpeg
#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How many games? That seems awfully fast for things to be wearing out

I think he forgot to add the emoji

#3783 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Other stuff plaque, blue coating adds little value to LE package. Topper is the biggest difference. That and the extra year of warranty.
For $1600 less the SE is a bargain IMHO.

The LE also gets a grade A playfield according to CGC

#3819 5 years ago

LE #150 plays flawlessly!

019EB344-DE63-48A0-8399-F3EB856B2966 (resized).jpeg019EB344-DE63-48A0-8399-F3EB856B2966 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4308 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Just got in my MBR LE today but I think my left Phantom Flip isn't working. After spelling "Phantom" only the right side lane will light. When you use flippers to switch it, the light goes out and the left side won't light.
The odd thing is that when the game is in attract mode both Phantom Flip lights are working. Weird huh?
Anyone else have this issue?

Yep mine did this for the first 20 plus games, I opened a ticket and CGC tech told me the Phantom flip takes time to learn and I should play it more. After about 20 games it started working perfectly.

1 week later
#4478 5 years ago

OT: I wonder when MMr standard with large display is going to be relaeased?

3 weeks later
#5131 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

can you guess what I'm bringing home?
[quoted image]

Damn Bro you look like you haven’t slept since your game got held hostage a few days ago... glad you finally got it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.