(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,220 posts
  • 483 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by LukyDuck
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 41 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 101 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 305 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    26%

(608 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,067 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191008_163836 (resized).jpg
20191008_163235 (resized).jpg
20191008_163257 (resized).jpg
20191008_163241 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-5 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-17 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-18 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-2 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-3 (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPG
20191007_094901 (resized).jpg
Step_2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190925-194712_Drive (resized).jpg
B2E14A53-4001-48B2-8893-261E3BCD6066 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (7 months ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (64 days ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (50 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#627 10 months ago

Just put in for an LE. It'll be a few months before I get it, but I'm fine with that.

#649 10 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

These things need decals on the speaker panel. Everything is so awesome and then it looks so blah with the black panel when you see them next to say other wpc era games. Modders please take note, all these cgc games could use decals! Edit: maybee make the speakers the center of one of these? And make the base silver or something? Won’t take much... just break it up!! [quoted image]

It would be interesting if they could make smaller ones that fit on top of the speaker panels (like the inserts they have for other games) that actually works. Maybe raised above slightly as to let more sound out.

#674 10 months ago

So, the machine by default doesn't have any decals on the targets right (from what I can tell on IMDB). Does that matter in terms of long term ball hits? Seems like something simple like some spiderwebs for decals would work from an art standpoint.

#692 10 months ago

I know more than 1 person has their MB...surely if it was an issue we'd have heard about it by now.

I'm not seeing whatever it is - just that main pic by the Alice cooper pic?

This? That's just the artwork...

pasted_image (resized).png
#694 10 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Surely you can see all the wavy lines in the clear?

I see it, but really can't tell what it is. Could be any number of reasons that don't point to bad playfield. I'm sure a few 100,000 plays will flatten it right out.

#701 10 months ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

I've seen streams and tons of people have played the game, if the clear was that bad we would have heard by now.
Far more likely a camera issue or isolated thing. I'd be blown away to find a playfield actually shipped that way.

That's my thought as well. I'm not scheduled to get mine until Feb/March so if there is an issue, it should be well known by then

#710 10 months ago

Dammit quit getting me excited. First NiB. Chomping at the bit.

#751 10 months ago

I disagree about the expectations. A car you can take to the shop. TV's are cheap and made to be thrown away these days. Most anything with a significant cost behind it (that isn't secondhand) has an inherent expectation that it isn't going to go bust as soon as the warranty is over. Pinball machines are expensive and heavy and not easy to 'get someone to fix'.

I don't understand this prevalent mentality on this board that consumers should not have some sort of expectation that things that cost 5k+ new from the 'store' doesn't have some sort of QA requirement. Very anti-consumer IMO. I'm not one to nit pick little things here and there, but wow.

#757 10 months ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I’m sure most have seen it already but I am selling my MBr SE for $6,900 with Side Blades and clear Titans. If it doesn’t sell in next 24 hrs I am using as a trade for a new game.
Just figured I would throw it out there. PM me if interested. Local sale only.

I'm new around here. You tired of the game already? Or did you get too excited and overbooked?

#803 10 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

First, I made multiple calls. On multiple days. Left one message and waited to be called back. I never got the call.
THIS IS WHEN THE LE's WERE SELLING OUT.
I'm not going to wait and sit for a phone call.
And I'm sorry. I run my own business, worked for my Father's law firm.
If you can't return a phone call or an inquiry you don't DESERVE Business.
I didn't want to lose out on the LE, so I had to buy from the ones I saw. I don't have many connections in the pinball world yet.
But, I will tell you this. I think I'm going to keep my vendors who sold me my Iron Maiden, even if they are a bit further away than I 'd like.
They're good honest people. Just wish they also sold for Chicago Gaming is all.
But, the whole concept that its okay for a business not to return calls is a joke.
And you're a bit silly that a person couldn't have taken 20-30 seconds returned my call and told me unfortunate he didn't have any more and sold out of his allotment. That's part of the responsibility of being a vendor.
If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be in any kind of business...
That is not asking too much. That is bare minimum.

I do understand your frustration. I'm going through that with other things - garage roofers, tree trimmers. It's amazing how many don't bother to call you back. I realize people are busy, but you either want business or you don't. If you can't call me back in some manner, I won't call you again, and I won't recommend you either.

#818 10 months ago

Supposedly more will come available 3-4 months from now as well - assuming the first batch sells out.

#834 10 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

There aren’t “batches”, there are 1250 total and almost are sold out. Great to see the demand for this awesome title. Perhaps their best seller?

Not sure, I already put an order in, but one distro who was out did say they'd been told they might get more to sell in 3-4 months. I can't speak to if that is true - but my assumption is that they didn't put up all 1250 to sell immediately - and by batches I meant they have X number they are going to build in the run, and pre-sale those, then switch to a different run, then put up another X number to build, and put those up for pre-sale. I could be completely wrong though.

#835 10 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

I went for an LE. How well do you think it will hold its value? I would imagine the number of monster bash machines in the world once they stop making these is going to be pretty high. Do you think the market will oversaturate or will these hold value reasonably well?

Never buy a new machine with that concern. You'll most likely be disappointed. I expect to lose at a minimum $1k if I wanted to sell it in a year, but who knows. For this run of LE's it seems there is maybe a legit reason for demand compaired to others, but then again, until this game - I didn't even care about toppers.

#840 10 months ago
Quoted from LP30:

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Copied from a previous post...
CGC has received purchase orders from our dealers for all 1250 MBr LEs (less 10 pieces we held back for friends).
Dealers were required to submit deposits by 11/9/2018. As of today, we are still waiting for deposits from a small number of dealers. If a dealer fails to make deposits those units would be reallocated to other dealers.
The number units sold by CGC is a very different thing than the total number of units that dealers have sold through to end customers.
At this point, I believe approximately 2/3rds of dealers have sold through their allocations. Of course, distributors that receive smaller allocations tend to sell through their allocations first.

Didn't see this. Glad I didn't wait around then!

#886 10 months ago

Grr waiting until feb/mar is going to be difficult. Game will be old news by then

#908 10 months ago
Quoted from hawknole:

In the manual it explains how the Chicago Gaming logo on SE/LE's can be changed to something else. Looks like AFMr has this feature too. The image has to be a .BMP and it has to be 320x80 pixels. I took an image of the monsters heads and sized it down. I like it when it is loaded alternately. I attached below if anyone wants to try, you just have to save the image and rename the .JPG to .BMP since pinside does not support .BMP. The only bummer is I have yet to find a way to keep it as the alternate image after a power cycle, I have to choose it each time. If someone knows a solution, please advise.
[quoted image]

How are you changing it? Seems like to make it permanent you would need to actually edit the rom(do these have roms?) and reflash. Or if it is more computer based, manually edit the boot scripts.

I guess that brings more questions...what exactly do these use for system info?

#913 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

However if your on a budget for the holidays you could always go the more casual route for the same effect with NIB LE cologne! lol Sorry selfless plug just seen an opening. www.TheModCouplePinball.com
[quoted image]

LOL that's awesome. Wife wants to know if it comes in perfume, and what does it smell like (plastic and wax?)

#937 10 months ago

When shopping around it seemed to depend on the size of the distributor. The one I ordered thru was okay with $8300 with a CC. A few others either didn't take CC or had a charge for it. As far as I know there were no distros giving free shipping.

#960 10 months ago

I think you could say that about most pins. Ultimately, it's still about high score...it's just how you go about getting there. If I get bored of it I'll sell it, but since I've never mastered any pin I own..I don't think that'll be a problem.

#962 10 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is this a title I sell my AFMrLE to acquire?

Ugh...doubtful?? AFMrLE is probably liked more, but what they've done with this machine cosmetically is outstanding. I would say another machine maybe, AFMrLE? no. I chose this over AFM though because I've played AFM to death over the years. I've had much less time with MB.

#989 10 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I'm fine waiting so I/we all get perfect machines...

Yep, don't rush them.

1 week later
#1241 10 months ago

The drastic difference going from one to the other is because your eyes need to adjust from being blasted.

I keep hearing people talk about how dark and hard it is to see balls.. Can't say I've ever had that issue..and I generally play in a dimly lit room.

#1278 10 months ago

I mean..I don't really care one way or the other, to me the above IS a discussion for the game. People are expressing their opinions of extras that may or may not be needed. I find that useful. If there were other things to show/talk about it would be happening. It isn't.

More importantly though is the discussion around the protectors and if we need to order different ones.

#1304 10 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

LOL. Nice try. The GI is off in the before pic. Another fake before pic.

LOL. You are right....hadn't noticed that.

#1370 10 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The distributor business model is also a way of insulating itself from these kinds of manufacturing defects when the ultimate use of the machine is and was historically to provide a means of making a living by providing POS (point of sale, not piece of shit) entertainment. You could run a 1” gash down the side of the cabinet and your customer is not going to look at it and say “Nah, I don’t think I want to play THIS machine, look at the cabinet art for petes sake...”
If this happened back in the day, like a cabinet got forked during shipment, The distributor would offer the operator a box of lamps and a handful of playfield rubber, and the operator would tip his hat and the machine would go on site...

Yea very good point..but they were also paying half or less than we currently are. Are we sure those aren't just flaws in the original art and are just what the art is? Anyone compare to an OG?

#1386 10 months ago
Quoted from jbug:

I've had one previous Stern machine NIB. This is new to me that you may have to roll the dice regarding the condition of the cabinet and playfield on a new shiny machine. Well, at least he could let them know about the spots on the playfield. He could at least let them know how upset he is/was. Even if they tell him to "pound salt" at least he could ventilate. That playfield should not have been sent out. Someone should be looking them over better than they are. I've had manufacturers (TVs) try to tell me there is nothing they can do but I stood toe to toe and eventually got what I deserved by law. There are laws governing the purchase of new items?

I agree, if others pf's don't match this, I think he should send it back and get a replacement. If everybody's looks like that, well, then that's just how they are and that is different. The reason being anyone reading this thread knows to look for it now and if they ever go to sell it, it will knock the price most likely.

#1390 10 months ago

If there's only 1000 CE, doesn't that make IT the LE?

#1398 10 months ago

BS. BS. BS. BS. Quit spewing that old outdated BS. This is not your fathers pinball hobby. The imperfections are for the customer to make, NOT out of the factory. Downplaying issues for the sake of keeping a company going is no way to do it. To be clear - yes there is such a thing as nit picking - I don't think we've established that yet. I want to know more about the issue, how bad it looks, and if it is normal or not - normal means...well they all look that way so..."shrug".

I feel the same people who are like 'if you can't take imperfections get out of the hobby' are the same ones that will nit pick and haggle down every little mark on a game.

I look at it this way. You wouldn't accept that from a car, and we are reaching car price territory. I can get an 80" tv for a 1/5th of a pinball machine. Quality is expected at these price points. There is no 'deal with it' because the # of people who will pay top dollar for poor quality is dwindling.

#1413 10 months ago

Don't the LE's have mirror blades?

#1449 10 months ago

It makes the most sense that they are numbering/shipping per distro rather than piecemeal them out 1 at a time to everyone.

#1461 10 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Game 985 in the house! Had time to bring in, quickly set it up, and play a couple games... But sadly had to come in to work. Nice that a long weekend is ahead.
Couple quick thoughts: the game, lighting, and dmd are gorgeous. Something about it felt extra smooth to shoot. Flipper power felt way too strong (which I know can be adjusted). Ball was flying off the right ramp. Didn't get a chance to put the topper on... Always a tight fit in my basement... So we'll see if it fits.
Can't wait to dig in this weekend![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice lineup!

#1477 10 months ago
Quoted from CFoote:

How do you like the Classic? I am a old school hobbyist who wants to play the game like I played it in the arcade back in the day.
Chris

Pretty sure they all play the same. The only differences are asthetics.

#1509 9 months ago

You guys with audio problems might check for shorted/reversed/phased wires.

(who's the anonymous lurker 2nd account with no balls?)

Anyway - the issue as described sounds like an issue I just had with a pin. Crank it full volume and not really getting much out of it. In my case it was a shorted speaker wire. It could be as simple as someone at the factory installed the clips the wrong way.

#1559 9 months ago

So is the problem the part? Too thick? Too Thin? Weak metal? Is this an issue with normal cliffies too?

#1626 9 months ago

Wow some of you are impulse buyers eh? lol.

I actually told my distro to put mine toward the bottom of the list so I'm looking at Feb/March.

#1662 9 months ago

I haven't seen them, so take this as you will...

If they were advertised to be 'better', then they should be better, given it is priced in. Why would I pay extra up front, then more later for something that was already supposed to be done? While I realize sometimes promotional pics don't match the final product, there should definitely be some sort of visible difference between the CE and the SE/LE.

pasted_image (resized).png
#1829 9 months ago

That wireform looks incorrectly up against the wall or not lined up properly...see how the left side of the ball looks like it is on the side of the rail rather than on top of it? It looks like it is getting caught up on it because the left rail pushes it into the wall.

#1913 9 months ago

I don't like the ST pin at all. I loved MB every time I played it. If you'd said STTNG, then...it might have been tough.

#2003 9 months ago

I'm not opposed to any color scheme until I see it. For instance, not a fan at all of the Beatles color scheme. I think the TZ B&W looks pretty sweet, but again, it would depend on how well you could follow the ball. The shop job there looks like ass, but one done correctly could be pretty cool.

#2019 9 months ago

They can take their time. I want a quality product, not a rushed product.

#2024 9 months ago

I don't know why anyone assumed they would get them fast...they always get delayed when they haven't even come out yet (they weren't even built). If you want one fast, wait until they've been out 6 months and are sitting in warehouses.

Granted I haven't paid in full yet - so I can see how tying all that money up for a month can be annoying.

#2101 9 months ago

Every large big priced item I've bought that came on a truck, they basically said you either take it or you don't. If something is wrong with it, you deal with who you bought it from. If you open it, in most cases, they won't be able to take it back.

#2110 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Does anyone know if you can still order and LE version anywhere? Yes I know you would need to wait for it.

People are still advertising them on this site. Did you contact any of them?

#2214 9 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Side note, I just spoke to Chicago Gaming, and apparently after the first 80 or so games they modified the scoop protector to be thicker and also somewhat of a "mash-up" in design of Kerry's design and the Cliffy, with a welded-on interior liner going around the interior of the scoop hole.
A location game they witnessed had 13,000+ plays and no damage with this new protector in. Dimpling on the protector to be sure, but the wood was unharmed all the way around.
For my part, I'll probably thus put the mantis and the cliffy in my coinbox, good to have just in case, but by no means an essential install for a home-use only game, by their accounts (and they also confirmed installing the mantis/cliffy would not void the warranty, for those interested just in case).

Where the heck has it been long enough to have 13k plays on it? Even the 1-2 that were out there during the reveal would have had to been played constantly to get that many plays. That many plays sounds like it probably never hit that spot

In regards to playfield protectors? Those require you to tear down the game to be able to install? Are people really doing that right after they get the game?

#2279 9 months ago

These companies need to put a real time build counter on their websites!

And an option to feed it quarters so the squirrels run faster.

#2428 9 months ago

I swear it's like a bunch of squirrels in here.

#2493 9 months ago
Quoted from dts:

I've been tracking the Munsters thread and while it looks fun, reviews are saying that it is too easy. Not sure I understand why more new buyers aren't going over to MBr instead... I've played the LE quite a bit now, and it is just great!

Most people say MB is too easy...I doubt one is going to be better to the other to those people given those comments. I personally prefer the theme and look of this over Munsters. I've played MB a few times over the years and enjoyed it. The reason I chose MBr over MMr and AFMr was because I had played those to death over the years (even though I still really enjoy them). Before this was revealed I had planned on Dialed In or Octoberfest. I try not to bash on Stern but I am just not a fan of many of their games. I am interested in playing Munsters though, I do think it looks fun.

#2498 9 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I have not found this to be the case at all. I've kept mine mostly stock with a 7.2 pitch. I have added a short ball save. I find the game to be challenging. I wonder how many of those people who claim its easy actually made it to monsters of rock or at least make it there on any sort of consistent basis? I recall when I played one that was well routed years ago, it played good and slow. I made it to monster bash on my second game and I remember thinking, this game is too easy. Well yes, monster bash is easier to get to than monsters of rock, but also playing on a new game with an unforgiving speed makes a huge difference.

I just know that even after playing pinball most of my life I still consistently suck...so I don't think it will be an issue for me

#2505 9 months ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I have found in my 20 years in sales, that the #1 thing that alienates your customer base and starts firestorms, warranted or not, is not communicating. I can think of dozens and dozens of times where I had to communicate bad news, but people were almost always more understanding in patient if I provided consistent, proactive communication. I have had to deliver news of multiple month delays on critical medical equipment, and still had the customers stick with me because I follow up and keep them in the loop good or bad. Silence is a killer. But with that said, this industry needs a tracking mechanism for builds. I can't say it's not hard to do this as I am not in the industry and I would assume if it were easy, CGC would be doing it. But man if they could figure out an automated system to track the build as it progresses and send out even some major milestones i.e "LE #632 completed today, LE #222, 848 and 168 will start next week Monday. LE #888 in stage 3 of final stages of assembly". Something like that - can you imagine how many hours would be saved in calls alone checking on status or expressing frustration?

This exactly. At work my creed is transparency...even when things are not...as we would like. It has worked well for me. People don't like to be kept guessing.

#2537 9 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

It looks to me that the cabinets of the SE & CE are identical, the backboxes of the CE & LE are identical and the playfield assemblies of the CE & LE are identical (except for plasma disk).
Robert

I mean..there's a breakdown right on the website. The only major difference is the topper and shaker. Like someone said, probably the topper. Or maybe they ran out of LED's. Or even the lockdown plaque.

#2543 9 months ago

I would talk to your distros...they are the ones who asked you for the money. If it was over a month ago, that isn't CGC because CGC was sending out machines. Sounds like a breakdown in the process that could stand some improvement.

#2719 8 months ago

Kind of holding out to see if any cool powerbladez get released.

#2764 8 months ago

I just played this at Tilt last night... It isn't dark at all... Wtf?

#2883 8 months ago

Unless they are personal offensive attacks (which are terms for being banned anyway), using the block function on a forum says more about the blocker than the person being blocked.

#2911 8 months ago

I saw one in person over the weekend and had a chance to play it. The thing is beautiful and plays great. I can't really say if it plays like the old ones as it's been years since I've played one.

#2970 8 months ago

Sounds like those spots need extra mylar put over them to prevent it from spreading? Or would that even help?

#2972 8 months ago

Could maybe cut it, peel the edges back fill the 'crack' with black, and glue the edges back down maybe.

#2999 8 months ago

I seriously don't think it is dark at all. Hell, on AC/DC I wish there was a 'back in black mode' where it is just the blue lights like it has it during the song select. I play in dark rooms and have no problem seeing these things.

#3023 8 months ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Yes, this is still the exact same way that they have been doing the decals. The front decal is wrapped around the corner onto the side, then the side decal overlaps that and ends right at the corner. The decals are cracking right in the middle of the overlap of the two decals, which happens to be right where the cabinet seam lies. Some of them seem to be cracking immediately, and some after the fact during use, and some never.

Cold temps during shipping?

#3080 8 months ago

Well to be fair most of those pages are people complaining that they haven't got their game yet.

#3094 8 months ago

That scoop looks like the edge sticks out above the pf. Won't that get hit by the ball constantly?

#3154 8 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Question MBR owners ? I’m considering selling my real nice original for the fact I really love my AFMLE over the original
Bigger display etc it’s awsum. A few guys think having an original is better ?
MBRLE or Original?

Matter of choice really. I am assuming there are purists out there that will only accept the original, but frankly, the LE blows the original away IMO. It is just asthetics though so it doesn't really impact gameplay.

#3166 8 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I swear as much as we want this game back in the house I can tell you I am close to dropping my LE order and buying a JJP POTC. Very disappointed about all these issues with the cab/decals and they appear to be getting worse.

Not really sure about that. Seems like this was an issue with AFM and no one was worried about until now.

#3199 8 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I got my MBr SE in December 2018. Houdini was NIB in February 2018. Both were flawless out of the boxes. The LOTR and LAH were both probably not cracked when new. I think they are cracking from the overlap and from shaking the pin during game play.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So the others are not even CGC and you are seeing the same thing on all of them...interesting..

#3202 8 months ago

Is that because newer cabinets are made differently? Weren't old style cabinets brought to an angle at the corner to the point? Whereas these newer cabinets all appear to be flat box corners.

#3211 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

And if we want them to continue selling to us home users, we need to be understanding and not expect an immaculate machine that is delivered on a silver platter with zero issues ever. It’s unrealistic to do so. Some of the issues here are blown way out of proportion while others are severe enough that they need to be addressed. But the minor issues are being treated as if the sky is falling and we are all doomed!

I mean, I'm not scared off yet, but I get the panic. The group on PS sometimes come off like they are more worried about the looks than the game itself. I'm surprised they even play their games for fear something might break. The problem is, regardless of 'who' these are made for, we are paying a premium for these. Getting something with visible defects out of the box is disturbing, especially when you KNOW down the road if you want to sell it, someone else (the majority of people on this very site) is going to say 'oh those decals are split, I'll only pay you X'.

#3332 8 months ago

Radcals?

#3337 8 months ago

Typically if there's a known issue with a solution of ones sitting in boxes they will send a crack team to 'fix' those. Somehow though I doubt they have a ton just sitting around since they are behind.

#3362 8 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No actually my decals are fine at the moment....I had an annoying cabinet issue on the upper right side....[quoted image]

That looks like a shipping issue...and probably not much CGC can do about it now, other than have you send it back and send another one.

#3431 8 months ago

I have to say..I don't care about the knocker (as a home user) as I don't care if I get free games. I can understand though that not everyone will agree.

#3511 8 months ago

and $400 is just for normal sized. Anyone have any idea how much the larger one costs? I mean..that thing is sexy.

#3515 8 months ago

Someone is selling their unused (unopened) topper on the market currently.

#3517 8 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

where? whats he asking?

N/m looks like it sold. Was asking $500 I think.

#3520 8 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If there was an ad for a topper, it would show up in the archives regardless if it sold or not. I don't see it. Are you sure you didn't see the wanted ad for a MBRLE topper that's out there?

Hmm..maybe it wasn't an ad, but it wasn't a wanted. He said something like "Ceiling isn't high enough for the topper so rather than keep it in the box, I'm selling it.". Maybe I saw it in a 'area' thread..but I saw it last night.

#3559 8 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Curious?? I was told they will start ending cab decals at the corners to prevent cracking etc . Anyone else hear this . Going to order LE

they said it in this thread.

#3569 8 months ago

So I checked out that other topper and it's very cool, but I don't think it fits this pin. I prefer the band theme to just a frank theme. That topper would go great on the Frankenstein machine though!

#3616 8 months ago

sounds like a Try before you Buy scenario

#3631 8 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

A little Helper script... just quote and edit...
Besides, the pool of available MBrLE’s is going to <fill in your expert prediction> so no need to lock one down at <fill in what you have paid for your LE> Of course with 1250 LE’s now in the mix, price is bound to go <fill in your expert prediction> so I may want to <fill in your expert recommendation> and <fill in alternative pinball entertainment choice> instead. Or I could tell everyone to <fill in a rude and obnoxious task> and <recommend an alternate occupation besides irritating you with stupid recommendations> and let me <fill in your ultimate decision> and not let the <fill in descriptive demeaning social epithet> like bublehead affect my choice.

that made my head hurt.

#3675 8 months ago

no offense, but don't support that kind of robbery...$100-$150 for a knocker? really? for that money just pay someone to stand there and hit your machine with a hammer when you get a replay for $50

#3703 8 months ago
Quoted from Plunger069:

SE for sale cheap! It does need some work. All of the blue bumper pads and post rubbers are worn out and need replacing. It has been one of those mornings that I can’t hit a damn thing except the posts! Son of a @&*#$.

How many games? That seems awfully fast for things to be wearing out

#3714 8 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What's the low volume issue?

that was a firmware issue fixed a month ago....

#3785 8 months ago

So..not sure if anyone else saw the ad for one of the distros and the $500 off CE and SE at an upcoming show? Not sure on the rules etc, but I'm guessing someone here is aware of it. Not sure if it would matter given tax though.

#3787 8 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

No tax. I changed my order from an LE to an SE and made final payment via wire transfer today. $500 off and no shipping cost is amazing. Only thing that would be better is if I was getting an LE $7,500.

Heck yea that's a great price then!

#3855 7 months ago

i ordered through Nitro, but I had told them I wasn't in a hurry so I haven't heard anything yet.

#3897 7 months ago

No there are still LE's out there. Makes me wonder when the hell I might get mine though...ordered mine 11/23. Of course with all this snow, late March might be best.

#3900 7 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

oh my..a crack without the overlap

that is the overlap...the front is under it same as the rest

#3927 7 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... It appears everything that requires a motor to work no longer are working.
As the frankenstien dual targets do not raise and lower anymore. Frankenies table doesn't raise and lower at all.
And now Dracula doesn't come out of his coffin.
I raised the playfield and I looked at everything... Everything looks fine.
I am beyond cheesed off right now. Game only played for about 1 hour before breaking on me.
So I will be calling CGC on Monday and seeing what they can tell me.
Was hoping there to be a simple fix, but I doubt it.
Something serious seems to be going on.

That sucks man, I hope it's a quick/simple fix, but either way I'm sure CGC will do what they need to do to turn it around.

#3936 7 months ago

Nitro ads for LE are still up..so maybe them as well.

#4022 7 months ago

Wonder if this could be resolved by a redesign of the scoop. Maybe some downward turned edges to give the ball a much more precise exit from the hole.

#4027 7 months ago

If they are close friends, just do a temp 'borrow' trade? ....leave both your options open

1 week later
#4254 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

with the way my luck has been running, I think I’m going to be 1250 out of 1250. Anyone want to take a bet I will flip on a MBr at TPF before I get my LE delivered? Because right now, odds are so good, I’m giving even money...

If it's any consolation I haven't heard anything about mine either.

1 week later
#4469 7 months ago
Quoted from Monk:

It looks so much longer now.

Unless it is technical or informative, if it is over 5 lines long I skip it. Much less headache that way.

#4479 7 months ago

The lesson here is...don't put down all the money. I agree that is painful and not a fun time. On the other hand..pre-orders are always susceptable to falling behind..sometimes years. :/

#4493 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I only had $1000 in it until my distributor asked for full payment just over 2 weeks ago. My biggest worry was there was not a lot of unboxing posts of new unmatched LE’s lately, so I wanted to know where are our games? They reached out, the appologized, they explained.

In your earlier post it really sounded like you paid in full back in October.

#4582 6 months ago

I really like it, but I kind of wish it had the game name/logo on it.

#4610 6 months ago

Wasn't it already said multiple times that this was an issue on the original and people make workarounds?

#4648 6 months ago

The ones sitting around are most likely from cancelled sales. There isn't much anyone can do at that point.

#4651 6 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Yes, but CGC is failing their customers when this happens by not redirecting them to customers with other distributors who are still waiting. I could use a cargument about auto dealerships, but that would get me banned.

It doesn't work that way in this case. The distros aren't owned by the same companies so that analogy wouldn't work. They are competitors. Once the game is shipped to the distro, it is out of CGC's hands. It's another reason I think the distro process is outdated by today's standards.

#4673 6 months ago

I have a feeling this might be the last games from CGC at this price point or with this level of detail. They have to be losing money if they are seriously having that bad QC on the pf printings.

#4692 6 months ago
Quoted from sprite:

I looked back in this thread and didn't see any other issues posted than the ones on mine? Did I miss some?

I'm referring to their bad playfield rate in production which is really high. (not what goes out to customers)

#4701 6 months ago

They've already told you the issue and given you a timeframe. You guys constantly bugging them isn't going to make it happen any faster. Go find something else to do and quit obsessing over it. It will be fine.

#4704 6 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Said the man with or without his MBrLE already? No one is forcing people to come in here and hold their eyes open to read our complaints, so why should you care?

Still waiting on mine too man. Complaining here is one thing, but calling them every other day is a bit much at this point. They gave you info already. As others mentioned if it is grinding you that much, call your distro, get your money back and look for a place that has one in stock.

#4756 6 months ago

I got an email from mine last month explaining the issues and delays. Tracking this thread has helped as well. Just gotta be patient.

#4761 6 months ago

I personally was never in a hurry. I put a deposit down knowing I'd be waiting until late March/April. The primary reason was hoping all the kinks of a new production machine get worked out.

I will say it seems really odd that there are distros out there with games sitting around while many are still waiting for a game. That is a logistics problem because most of those distros are asking for full payment when CGC requests it. There shouldn't be any games sitting around because any cancelled orders should have happened before CGC shipped the games out.

#4807 6 months ago

If it means anything, my order is not through pinballstar.

#4835 6 months ago

That ball damage is what has me concerned...I'm assuming thats from the burrs mentioned, and the scoop hole protector that gets the crap beat out of it?

#4854 6 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This is the first time I've heard about this.
Details???

I have a feeling this was a april fools joke.

#4939 6 months ago

Unless she's going to help with the heavy lifting, I say just set it up so it's ready when she gets home. If she really loved you she'd know you are anxious. Has she read your posts here? You are on the brink of a breakdown and NEED this game

#4944 6 months ago

I have never gotten 'excited' by unboxings. It's just unnecessary delay to the true payoff.

1 week later
#5089 6 months ago

Mine should ship out in the next few days!

#5150 6 months ago

Mine will be here Monday! Hoping we don't get hit by that blizzard that is supposed to come through on Sunday

#5193 6 months ago

LE #1222 finally made it!

A few things... I can't get the back glass off.. Key won't turn... Is it the same as the coin door?

Also this small plastic piece with adhesive appeared on the floor.. Any idea where it goes?

0415191908 (resized).jpg0415191941 (resized).jpg0415191945a (resized).jpg
#5195 6 months ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Backbox key is hanging inside the coin door on a hook. It’s a different key.
thanks!

15553774291061677434391 (resized).jpg
#5197 6 months ago

So after 15 or so games, I don't seem to have any of the issues others have except for the left ramp dying at the hump quite a bit...you need quite a bit of power to get it to go all the way. Probably due to what was mentioned above.

VUK hits left flipper consistently.
Drac feet SDTM happened once.

When you get Phantom flip the first time, should it toggle between left and right as you hit the flippers? Mine was toggling the right led off and on, but the left never came on.

#5201 6 months ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

2nd backbox key should be in the coin slot covered with black electrical tape

On mine, both backbox keys were insides the coin door, and the 2nd coin door key was in the coin slot. Didn't find any keyfob anywhere though.

#5204 6 months ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I would like to know too. I found the same piece of plastic.

A few posts below my question answered it. It goes on the inside left or right edge of your lock down bar..it's a buffer.

#5225 6 months ago

I want to laugh, but sad if true.

#5226 6 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

if Anyone interested in my collection take a look and send a “reasonable “ offer ! Don’t be upset if I don’t respond because I find it unacceptable

Ouch, sorry man..and you have some great games If I hadn't just bought this I'd be all over those....

#5255 6 months ago

I am very happy with mine. It is such a beauty and plays great. I am glad however that I was patient and waited later in the run (I purposely asked to wait even though I ordered early). Anything production tends to be better later in the run when kinks are found.

It came via Fed-ex and had no issues.

#5270 6 months ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

When you consider the very limited number of MBrLe’s in existence vs the nearly unlimited number of possible wives in the world....

I hate to laugh at someones misfortune, but this right here is funny.

#5281 6 months ago

I have the LE, but I think you could live without the topper. You don't really notice it when playing. You can add a shaker if you want, but it isn't heavily utilized in this game. The display and lighting is really where the wow factor is. That being said...it's not THAT much more...

#5304 6 months ago

Fortunately so far my scoop lands left flipper every time with a strong kick. No issues with it.

Drac feet is another story. I moved the machine out of position to wax the pf and now I definitely hit Drac into SDTM more often than before, so any movement of the machine appears to effect how it sits inside. It's not a tremendous amount, but seems to happen when I'm having a good game :/

I will say, anyone who said this game is easy..I just suck. This thing drains the outlanes almost as bad as my AC/DC.

#5306 6 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And if you have the pf at 6.5 degrees, the outlanes are even worse... I can see why people jack this game up to 7+ and those outlanes are the reason.

Yeah I think I have mine at 7.5....top of bubble is in the middle.

1 week later
#5341 5 months ago

Which flipper is it SUPPOSED to spit to? Mine spits solid left 100%.

#5348 5 months ago

I think I like the originals better...I think actual plasma balls would be way cooler though.

#5351 5 months ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Their site says per coil $80 feels pricey for this one. Their Frank table is excellent though.

agreed on the frank table. been thinking about grabbing that.

Come on, someone make an arcing coils

#5384 5 months ago

Well actually the reference wasn't just that but a bit more sexual in nature and around the whole 'he's made of organ parts' theme. It's called out frequently in the game.

#5387 5 months ago

yes in the CGC menu there's a setting - i think default is medium - but it won't make it shake more often, just harder when it does. It's used pretty minimally in the game.

#5422 5 months ago

The whole like/dislike voting scheme will bring about WWIII. Just wait for it.

#5431 5 months ago

Awesome...I think it'd be cool to do that with the tesla coil tops if I could find one small enough. In the past I had one that was 3 or 4 inches across.

1 week later
#5499 5 months ago

After a few 3 or so weeks of having this, I can say I really love it, and I really suck at it. I have one minor complaint, and that is since it isn't ROM it takes forever to boot up. I'm used to just turning a game on and in a few seconds I'm in a game. Now I get into the habit of turning it and another game on, and playing a quick game on another one until it's ready.

My phantom flip does a pretty damn good job already. It rarely misses, although it does occasionally go for the wrong thing.

#5501 5 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

First modern game probably? JJP and AP games take 2 or 3 minutes sometimes. Lots of stuff going on in new games

Well I have an AC/DC and it's pretty much instant...but yeah.

#5506 5 months ago

I always get 3 on Frank MB.....monster mosh pit is 2 (iirc)

1 week later
#5591 4 months ago

Finally got my first Monster Bash mode today. Finally got to put my initials in at 125m.

#5602 4 months ago

I feel like you should be able to get underneath and adjust drac so that he is further into the coffin- but I haven't taken the time to look at the mechanics yet.

#5631 4 months ago

Have you played one? I would definitely say spend some time on one before pulling the trigger. If you have and you liked it, it is a beautiful machine that plays great. I would assume some should be popping up used in the next few months.

#5661 4 months ago

Where on the wireform? I guess w/o knowing what it "should" look like, I can't tell if anything is wrong with mine. Solid shots seem to make it every time, it's the waffle shots that don't.

#5672 4 months ago

Topper can't be purchased separately unless someone with a LE wants to part with theirs.

Supposedly munsters and MB are similar...but I haven't played one so I can't say for sure. I think MB theme is a bit more timeless than Munsters even if it is a game from the 90's.

3 months later
#6185 10 days ago

I love that backglass, but man as a keyboard player I was disappointed you ditched it for a DJ. :p

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside