(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aztarac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Ok, I see from above picture (post#1383) that there is 1000 to be made classic...and I know 1250 LE.. how many SE?

That's likely playfield 537 in the first batch of 1,000 - they are going to make SE's and CE's for years........

1 month later
#2651 5 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Last complaint is kind of a stupid one but I wish a Monster Bash key fob came with the pinball machine. I know it is really dumb but I like having a key fob from the specific pin for the key to tell the difference between my keys to my pins. I wouldn't mind so much if I could just buy a key fob online but apparently they are non existent for Monster Bash

Hmmm.....I got a key fob with my SE. Maybe the LE's get a 'better' playfield and the SEs get the fob?

Enjoying the heck outta my MBr - nicely done CGC!!

1 week later
#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Random Public Service message for MBr owners- perhaps owners of previous CGCs know this, but I didn't think on it-
Be sure and TURN OFF the Power Saving GI feature in the rom from the standard menu (not the CG menu)
This was there in the 90s for regular incandescent bulbs- not for modern games with LEDs.
Moreover- I notice that the backbox speakers in my SE made a mild buzzing noise after 15 minutes with this feature engaged by default.

Hey - thanks for the tip. I noticed the speaker buzz in my SE as well.

1 week later
#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

This is what I think it is personally. Cabinets contracting and expanding slightly during periods of cold during shipping could cause fluctuations with the decals? Or could be the vinyl itself becomes brittle in the cold and breaks easier during shipping. I have one on order, but it's subzero where I'm at, so yeah...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have an SE with a late December build date that was built in a warm factory, shipped in cold weather, picked up by a friend where it sat for a couple of weeks in his unheated garage, where I picked it up in sub freezing weather and transported in the open bed of a truck for 6 hours to my house, where it was taken out of the box and set up in a warm environment. No issues with the cabinet, electronics, decals, etc......

#3213 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

That doesn't feel any better at all .... my LE took 5 days to arrive, did arrive in a snowstorm, I did get it right into my semi-heated garage for an overnight, then immediately the next morning into my game room where it sat untouched for 48 hrs. to acclimate. I removed the topper, threw open the top box flaps only to discover ... cracked decal.

Well crap.....sorry to hear that.

#3222 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

From what others have said, CGC sends replacement decals for those affected.
For what it’s worth my AFMr LE has no decal issues.

If it is indeed a problem with the joint, that will need to be corrected before the new decals are applied (which is a lot of work in itself), or the same thing will just happen again. CGC uses a halving joint at the corners rather than a mitred joint. On my SE I can feel the joint through the decal - whether it will eventually crack or not remains to be seen.

#3225 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Didn't CGC used to make the Williams cabinets. or am I dreaming? Why would they change their proven design?

No clue - maybe B/W dictated they use a different type of joint. Maybe the current joint is cheaper to do. I'd have to check my B/W cabs tonight, but I believe they used a type of lock rabbet joint:
Lock-Rabbet-Joint (resized).jpgLock-Rabbet-Joint (resized).jpg

If you look close, you can see the joint in the pic that was posted earlier - it's right below the decal crack:

MB joint (resized).jpgMB joint (resized).jpg
#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

All of the above
Aftermarket wise you can do everything to an SE that the LE has except the topper and extra year of warranty

Powdercoating - $450

Wish the LE came with PDI or Invisiglass that would make the LE a no brainer IMHO. That being said I have thought many times about just doing the SE and moving on with life but still sticking with the LE as that is what the wife wants and you know how that saying goes.

Holy shit - $450!? Pretty high estimate - must have gold flecks. I've had games (legs, rails, lockdown bar, bolts, hinges) done for $150-$200 depending on color and finish.

#3525 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I wonder if the LE topper would work on anything but an LE? I'm guessing not........Reason I say that is when my machine boots I notice is says "LE" somewhere in the boot sequence.

My SE says they same thing during bootup - "LE Ver 2.0" I think.

1 week later
#3758 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey guys, I have two small issues with my MBrLE. Can some one explain how to adjust drac? When the ball comes down the right orbit it clips his feet and then goes sdtm. Second, sometimes the scoop shoots sdtm, how can I adjust it?

Put Drac in test mode so he comes out of the coffin. There are 2 phillips head screws on the front that hold him to the metal bracket. Loosen and 'tilt' him a bit to the right and re-tighten the screws. I had the same issue until I adjusted him - no more sdtm rollers off his feet!

Not sure on the scoop - don't have that issue. Maybe drop the coil strength down a bit?

3 weeks later
#4491 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The update he gave was pretty brutal, his reject rate is astronomical, and he said if he was being honest, my wait is not over, but the light at the end of the tunnel is not the on-coming train, but just my MBrLE a little ways off in the delivery distance.
Looking forward to a pint with Ryan at TPF. BH

Did he say what they are doing with all the reject playfields? Sanding down and re-screening?

2 weeks later
#4885 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-moose:

Maybe wood or CC, wish I knew. The bigger concern for me than dimpling was the scarring of the pinballs. You are able to feel the nicks with your fingernail and I would expect this would become a more common occurrence on this game due to the design of the scoop.

Metal hitting metal - metal hitting wood. Dings, scratches, dimples, fingerprints, dust, cooties - it's gonna happen. Either replace the damn balls and play the game or cut the cord off and just look at the pretty art. Downvote away, but I'm with gambit3113 on this....... *sigh*

1 week later
#5047 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I'm not home at the moment, but my CE came with/something very similar to this on the key ring:
[quoted image]

My SE came with the same fob. Mine was a December 2018 build and it seems like CGC had a small supply of key fobs and randomly put them in. Guessing that stock dried up.

#5143 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody have a recommendation for making the frank table and target bank motors a bit quieter?

uhh....turn the volume up?

#5145 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No kidding - I’ve done that! Mine has this high pitched squeal, I’m just not sure where to adjust, trying not to lube anything

Ouch - that's not good. Mine is pretty quiet - can't hear the motors during gameplay and they really aren't noticeable when resetting after a game. Maybe something is binding up - time to dig in......

4 months later
#5956 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It wiped out my custom logo unfortunately, but not my scores or other settings.

Ah crap - was gonna ask about that. Will have to dig out the instructions on how to replace the logo.

2 months later
#6230 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Went into help and didn’t see a place to get the updates?

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update

3 months later
#6684 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Did anyone ever put out a real knocker for this game?

Like to know the answer to this as well.

1 month later
#6773 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We still have some Monster Bash LE's in stock ... ready to ship!

Any chance toppers will eventually be available for separate purchase?

1 year later
#8504 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Mirrors look good and my favorite art blades for this pin are made by Pinsider Silly Old Elf. He makes excellent art for MB and LOTR. Matches the pf very well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll second the Silly Old Elf art blades - color matching and integration are outstanding.

1 year later
#8893 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Lermods used to have a plasma disc add on to mimic the LE version. Adds a nice touch
https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-se-pinball-interactive-multi-color-plasma-disk

$90 - holy crap. You can make your own for $20. Buy the toy plasma disk off eBay, solder wires to the battery terminal, add a connector and plug it into the plasma header on the large playfield board. I mounted mine with small L brackets that I riveted to the plastic housing and the playfield plastic. Clean and easy install.

IMG_3316 (resized).jpgIMG_3316 (resized).jpg
#8895 12 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

The CE doesn’t have the plasma disc header coded in.

Ah gotcha - sorry. I have an SE.

#8899 12 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Could you put up a link. I couldn't find one on ebay.

Looks like all the ones on eBay now ship from China. Here's one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/PowerTRC-Pocket-Plasma-Clip-Rainbow/dp/B078XLX8CC/ref=sr_1_2

Planetary Pinball also sells the same one for $21.95:

https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-LMP-PLASMA

#8906 12 months ago
Quoted from scampa123:

Has anyone installed game blades on their SE?
I was looking at how to remove the playfield (because I’m not sure how I’d install them with it in place!)….it doesn’t look easy to remove the playfield from the machine…
Any suggestions? Has anyone installed the art blades (I’m considering the TiltGraphics ones).
I may have to pass on installing them if I need to remove the playfield to do it..
Thank you

I went with these:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1073-sillyoldelf-mods/02068-monster-bash-premium-custom-side-decals-for-inner-cabinet

Color matching to the playfield art is spot on. I did remove my playfield - but do that with every art blade install. A lot easier than trying to finagle the art with the playfield in the way.

#8908 12 months ago

Just took alot of pictures and then started disconnecting everything in the backbox and followed it all back to the bottom of the playfield. It's been awhile, but there may be a few connectors in the cabinet itself that need to be disconnected as well. Just took my time - not as bad as it looks. Had a helping hand to lift the playfield out of the game and put it back after I got the art blades installed.

5 months later
#9147 6 months ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

scampa123 I for one would be VERY interested in purchasing if you decided to make a duplicate to the art ring of the plasma mod. Or at least see what you came up with to dress up your aftermarket plasma disc

Yea - count me in too....

#9149 6 months ago

Looks fantastic! If you decide to sell these, please let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aztarac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=aztarac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.