(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 187.
#5901 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

This occurred while playing this week. Turned off and on at switch with no change. Unplugged and issue resolved. Anyone else experienced this?

Heard from CGC about Frank table. They say bend the tab - see pics.

0F444EE6-C916-4A5E-933D-85FE075BB8EA (resized).jpeg0F444EE6-C916-4A5E-933D-85FE075BB8EA (resized).jpeg991CB183-A5F0-4DBA-93E5-E5C1E8EE2CD3 (resized).jpeg991CB183-A5F0-4DBA-93E5-E5C1E8EE2CD3 (resized).jpeg
#5902 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

All those errors are related to the “Frank Table” error. Happens when the tab on frank table comes out of the guide and the table can’t go back to Frank laying down. Cascades to the ramp switch not being able to move and the targets not being able to raise and lower. Your Frank table is stuck in the raised (Frank standing up) position and will not go back until the tab is back in the slot.
Definitely needs a mod on the tab to keep it from popping out - it’s too short and comes out of the slot easily.

I appreciate the wisdom, what MOD has everyone used? Any examples?

#5903 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

I appreciate the wisdom, what MOD has everyone used? Any examples?

Post #5901 two posts up.

#5904 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Post #5901 two posts up.

Thanks everyone for the info.

#5905 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

My NIB MBR LE arrived today (sorry guys, I only had to wait 3 days), but the plasma disc never lights up, not even during Frank multiball. Does it only come on under certain circumstances or do I have a defective plasma disc? I checked the connections to the disc and they look
fine.

I noticed the same on mine, figured we simply had not gotten far enough into the game for it to do anything. A couple weeks later after MOR, and still no plasma action, I went to test mode and it didn't work there either. Checked the wiring and connections, nothing found. Flick the disc real hard with a finger and it came on. Vibration from the game makes it quickly stop working again. So mine is defective. I put in a ticket and they are supposed to send me one, but its been several weeks. I received an email saying they will send it when they get another batch in. So be prepared to wait awhile.

#5906 4 years ago

Still no MoR for me. Getting closer!

453C5DF1-D167-4B68-9AFB-59C03963CAB6 (resized).jpeg453C5DF1-D167-4B68-9AFB-59C03963CAB6 (resized).jpeg
#5907 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Heard from CGC about Frank table. They say bend the tab - see pics.[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you really need to take it out to bend it? I can get my hand on it when Frank is stuck in the leaning forward position as pictured below. Also sometimes after a hard reboot/unplug, he gets stuck in the up position with the target down and I can shoot the ramp continuous without any change in his position. Is there a test I can perform in programming to move in up and down to actuate everything and get him back to normal operation? I am new to this so forgive my ignorance and thanks for the replies.

20190809_120307 (resized).jpg20190809_120307 (resized).jpg20190809_120324 (resized).jpg20190809_120324 (resized).jpg
#5908 4 years ago

Anyone had a problem with switch 84: Frank table up? Frank is refusing to lie down. I’ve tested the switch in diagnostics and it’s fine as is the switch next to it (83 or 85?). The frank motor seems to rotate smoothly.

#5909 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Frank is refusing to lie down.

If he isn't sticking on anything. The metal pivot points on his table. A tiny drop of oil on each one. Then in Tests run him up and down a few times. That should do it.

LTG : )

#5910 4 years ago

Monster Bash has "something" to it that my kids 8 and 10 both love to play pinball suddenly. They'll now even play my other games while they wait for MB to free up.

MB (resized).jpgMB (resized).jpg

#5911 4 years ago

Arrrgggghhhhhhhh - that fricken, bloody stupid bride microphone … can’t nail it under pressure - arrrrrrggghhhhhhhh

#5912 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Arrrgggghhhhhhhh - that fricken, bloody stupid bride microphone … can’t nail it under pressure - arrrrrrggghhhhhhhh

And though its been said, many times, many ways, Merry Christmas... to... you... because it’s the gift that just keeps on giving...

That “Back to square 1” feeling is fricken palpable. I seriously try to stack Frank and his bride togther just to freeze that effin timer.

#5913 4 years ago

After reading this thread after being away for a while, my bosses plasma disc wasn't plugged in when he got it. I luckily noticed that it never came on when he got it and found the connector just sitting there.

For the frank table errors, on my machine one of the screws on the switch was very loose. I tightened it back up and adjusted it properly and it's been fine since.

#5914 4 years ago

Has anybody seen the new 2019 Hallmark ornaments for Monster Mash yet? For those of you looking to make some type of mod they will be a great start.

#5915 4 years ago

Ran tests on Frank table and came up with this. Is it time to get a replacement Frank table motor from CGC?

20190810_172033 (resized).jpg20190810_172033 (resized).jpg20190810_172037 (resized).jpg20190810_172037 (resized).jpg20190810_172230 (resized).jpg20190810_172230 (resized).jpg20190810_172316 (resized).jpg20190810_172316 (resized).jpg20190810_172341 (resized).jpg20190810_172341 (resized).jpg
#5916 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

Is it time to get a replacement Frank table motor from CGC?

For a switch error ?

You have an UP switch that needs adjusting.

#5917 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a switch error ?
You have an UP switch that needs adjusting.

Sorry for the ignorance. I thought since the motor reads running it may have a stripped shaft since the table was not moving during that test.

How do I adjust the switch? Thanks.

#5918 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

I thought since the motor reads running it may have a stripped shaft since the table was not moving during that test.

Then pull up or push down, see if it's stuck or is the motor turning but nothing moving ?

In your pictures he was up and down, so I didn't think Frank moving was a problem.

#5919 4 years ago

Just joined the club with an SE. December 2018 build date.

It’s a nice game, and I’m stoked to have one. I’m def getting quick playfield dimpling, even on the crappy scoop guard as stated earlier in the thread. Time for some real Cliffys. Also have to adjust the top ball guide as others have suggested, because the balls whacking Drac’s feet coming out of the top right orbit.

Other than that I feel like it’s a pretty solid game.

D00CDA13-52F8-4C14-BA42-86B0D562268C (resized).jpegD00CDA13-52F8-4C14-BA42-86B0D562268C (resized).jpeg
#5920 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then pull up or push down, see if it's stuck or is the motor turning but nothing moving ?
In your pictures he was up and down, so I didn't think Frank moving was a problem.

Ball got stuck twice last night and when searching the Frank table went up and down both times. Please tell me more about the switch adjustment. It reads broken on testing but you are telling me its only an adjustment? Thanks in advance for the help.

#5921 4 years ago

Finally...

93D78BE7-1872-49B0-A473-4CAD836622FA (resized).jpeg93D78BE7-1872-49B0-A473-4CAD836622FA (resized).jpeg
#5922 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

Please tell me more about the switch adjustment. It reads broken on testing but you are telling me its only an adjustment?

Look at the mech below the playfield. Find the switches that open and close when the table goes up and down. Check that they are plugged into the board nearby. And the parts that move make the arm of the switch go up or down as needed.

You can check them in Tests - Switch Edge.

#5923 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

Ball got stuck twice last night and when searching the Frank table went up and down both times. Please tell me more about the switch adjustment. It reads broken on testing but you are telling me its only an adjustment? Thanks in advance for the help.

gmano,

As always, everything Lloyd said is correct, but understand that the message you get during testing that the switch is broken simply means that the switch is not being fully engaged. A simple adjustment to (i.e., bending of) the correct switch should likely solve the problem. In this case. there are two long metal switches underneath the mechanism under the playfield that Lloyd references (they are under a square plate, but still mostly visible), and each one is engaged one at a time as Frank goes up or down. Bending the correct switch just a bit so that it's fully engaged as the Frank table moves may be the answer.

I may be able to help you with a video, but first, please describe clearly exactly what's happening during game play. I read your posts above but I can't tell even from those exactly the problem you're having currently. When the two Frank targets are down and you shoot the ball up the Frank ramp, what happens? Does he come down to a vertical position? After you've drained down to one ball during multiball, what happens? Does he go back up to the horizontal position?

#5924 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look at the mech below the playfield. Find the switches that open and close when the table goes up and down. Check that they are plugged into the board nearby. And the parts that move make the arm of the switch go up or down as needed.
You can check them in Tests - Switch Edge.

I appreciate the reply and advice.

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

gmano,
As always, everything Lloyd said is correct, but understand that the message you get during testing that the switch is broken simply means that the switch is not being fully engaged. A simple adjustment to (i.e., bending of) the correct switch should likely solve the problem. In this case. there are two long metal switches underneath the mechanism under the playfield that Lloyd references (they are under a square plate, but still mostly visible), and each one is engaged one at a time as Frank goes up or down. Bending the correct switch just a bit so that it's fully engaged as the Frank table moves may be the answer.
I may be able to help you with a video, but first, please describe clearly exactly what's happening during game play. I read your posts above but I can't tell even from those exactly the problem you're having currently. When the two Frank targets are down and you shoot the ball up the Frank ramp, what happens? Does he come down to a vertical position? After you've drained down to one ball during multiball, what happens? Does he go back up to the horizontal position?

Thanks for the reply. Below is what happens.

1. Frank in standing on boot, no targets up behind him as shown in the pics above.
2. If you hit Frank he makes noise and it lights a body part.
3. Once all body parts are lit multiball starts, not sure how many hits after all body parts are lit.
4. When multiball is over he is still standing and everything repeats.

Before I ran the tests the table got stuck in the up position and we could shoot the ramp continuously. I will do what you both say when I have time tomorrow, thanks again for the help.

#5925 4 years ago

Thanks for the clear reply, gmagno. I believe I have the solution to your problem. See video below. As noted, turn the power off before bending the switch, and do so very carefully. If this doesn't work or you have further questions, just let me know.

#5926 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks for the clear reply, gmagno. I believe I have the solution to your problem. See video below. As noted, turn the power off before bending the switch, and do so very carefully. If this doesn't work or you have further questions, just let me know.

You are a good man @joeschall. I watched the video and will follow your instructions.

#5927 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

You are a good man joeschall. I watched the video and will follow your instructions.

Thanks. Hope it works. Let us know.

#5928 4 years ago

I think i had the same issue with the up/down error. However, I couldn’t bend the switch itself. My issue was that the whole switch assembly was slightly loose. I had to tighten the whole switch assembly while pushing one side of the assembly up so that the switch will engage (look at the switch that is working correctly- it’s not exactly level with the metal edge, one side is higher than the other so that the switch “bends” enough to work). Whatever you do, don’t loosen it all the way like i did, otherwise the nut plate and spacer behind it will drop and it’ll be hell finding them and putting it back together.

0B2286C9-754A-4232-969B-6DEB0657CAA8 (resized).jpeg0B2286C9-754A-4232-969B-6DEB0657CAA8 (resized).jpeg
#5929 4 years ago

Just a heads up MBr Pinheads, I can't recall seeing this posted before - firmware 1.03 is out and supposedly has a fix for the center popper drain issue along with other issues.

#5930 4 years ago

Just installed. It fixes a number of things:

V1.0.3 RELEASE NOTES
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:

1) Added setting to keep right popper coil activated longer to help avoid center drains from the popper.
2) Added Shaker Mode settings to increase length and frequency.
3) Adjusted volume down at lower settings (1-8).
4) Improved audio quality.
5) Increased volume of knocker sound through speakers.

I don't have a center drain issue on mine, so, no change here. But it looks like it delays the eject to allow the ball to full settle and have a consistent strike.

#5931 4 years ago

Will updating the FW to 1.03 wipe out the Grand Champion and other hi scores?

#5932 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Just installed. It fixes a number of things:
V1.0.3 RELEASE NOTES
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
1) Added setting to keep right popper coil activated longer to help avoid center drains from the popper.
2) Added Shaker Mode settings to increase length and frequency.
3) Adjusted volume down at lower settings (1-8).
4) Improved audio quality.
5) Increased volume of knocker sound through speakers.
I don't have a center drain issue on mine, so, no change here. But it looks like it delays the eject to allow the ball to full settle and have a consistent strike.

When did this code come out and where can I find it?

#5933 4 years ago
Quoted from MGM2:

I think i had the same issue with the up/down error. However, I couldn’t bend the switch itself. My issue was that the whole switch assembly was slightly loose. I had to tighten the whole switch assembly while pushing one side of the assembly up so that the switch will engage (look at the switch that is working correctly- it’s not exactly level with the metal edge, one side is higher than the other so that the switch “bends” enough to work). Whatever you do, don’t loosen it all the way like i did, otherwise the nut plate and spacer behind it will drop and it’ll be hell finding them and putting it back together.

Good point--indeed, tightening the switch assembly is another possibility if needed.

#5934 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Will updating the FW to 1.03 wipe out the Grand Champion and other hi scores?

Just updated the firmware and no it doesn’t wipe the high scores.

Some nice extra features with better volume control, allowing lower volumes.

Further control over the shaker motor and so far I’m yet to get a SDTM from the scoop.

Easy update and definitely worth it.

#5935 4 years ago

I had a problem with switch 84 (Franks table) which was refusing to lay down. Turns out the physical switch boat position was impeding the motor spinning around, gave the switch body a push away from the motor and it now works perfectly.

#5936 4 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

When did this code come out and where can I find it?

Not sure when it came out, link here:

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update

#5937 4 years ago

Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated.

#5938 4 years ago

Now in

B85FB7D1-B291-4871-9B90-CACE27AF67A1 (resized).jpegB85FB7D1-B291-4871-9B90-CACE27AF67A1 (resized).jpeg527A3C88-AA71-495E-A7F2-1608B38E2985 (resized).jpeg527A3C88-AA71-495E-A7F2-1608B38E2985 (resized).jpeg527A3C88-AA71-495E-A7F2-1608B38E2985 (resized).jpeg527A3C88-AA71-495E-A7F2-1608B38E2985 (resized).jpeg6F2AD683-01DC-4533-807A-071F0D5EB25D (resized).jpeg6F2AD683-01DC-4533-807A-071F0D5EB25D (resized).jpeg

Please CGC can I have the widescreen for my MMR and it feels wierd not to have a CHC game on order so please announce the next one!

4A8F68C6-7A58-48C3-BCA2-0C7164703989 (resized).jpeg4A8F68C6-7A58-48C3-BCA2-0C7164703989 (resized).jpegF5A16C44-D8AB-48E7-A0A3-D5F361FD2B4D (resized).jpegF5A16C44-D8AB-48E7-A0A3-D5F361FD2B4D (resized).jpeg
#5939 4 years ago

Dumb question, but I'm trying to add a custom logo and insert the microSD into the controller board. However, I can't find the location on the controller board where the microSD card goes. Any help?

#5940 4 years ago

Small metal box looking thing top of board in the middle.

#5941 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Small metal box looking thing top of board in the middle.

Where the red arrow points.

IMG_0953 (resized).JPGIMG_0953 (resized).JPG
#5943 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Anyone had a problem with switch 84: Frank table up? Frank is refusing to lie down. I’ve tested the switch in diagnostics and it’s fine as is the switch next to it (83 or 85?). The frank motor seems to rotate smoothly.

I had the same problem. The bar under his feet came undone and was throwing it off. Had to secure it back in place.

#5944 4 years ago

Bonus feature in the update: If you plug in a real knocker it works.
"Increased volume of knocker sound through speakers."
Much louder if you rig up a real knocker!

#5945 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I love me some real knockers!

#5946 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

So we can fit a knocker like in AFMRLE and it will work?

#5947 4 years ago

Yeah, check it

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5948 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Yeah, check it[quoted image]

Awesome! Can I ask where you got it from? Thanks

#5950 4 years ago

Upgraded the code this morning, improvements are significant for sound and the shaker. Shaker now more active, including in the pops, and the game now sounds more like AFMr. It wiped out my custom logo unfortunately, but not my scores or other settings.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MI
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.