(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5,702 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by BOBCADE
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 32 votes
    6%
  • I'm in on a SE 91 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 282 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 154 votes
    28%

(559 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 917 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1989 (resized).JPG
IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
IMG_1964 (resized).JPG
IMG_1960 (resized).JPG
IMG_1955 (resized).JPG
20190614_191926 (resized).jpg
20190614_191929 (resized).jpg
AD36C5F4-BBC1-4E4F-A0C5-35E21D321A57 (resized).jpeg
5ED24BC8-C762-4B53-A131-9FEE941971C6 (resized).jpeg
CF6FE0C5-0068-4F46-A1FD-540CBC5C28C5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9411 (resized).jpg
20190609_102032 (resized).jpg
20190604_114223 (resized).jpg
AB10A6F3-92FF-4BE8-8039-9C3FF28AC728 (resized).jpeg
696D1BF0-1CFF-424C-B5B2-356384C5D081 (resized).jpeg
1EC5C233-6829-4ABF-AF1D-B8CA7F7A8B1E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 10 months ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I don’t remember where I heard / read the rumor, but supposedly owners of MMRLE and AFMRLE are going to get first dibs on MBRLE.

Will be same as last time I think which is great I’m in for matching number LE!

2 months later
#473 7 months ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I believe CGC used Stern's Spike system on Medieval Madness remake. They still use that system, or did they implement their own?

no. their own based on Beagleboard CPU

1 week later
#658 6 months ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

The production schedule for MBr remains unchanged at this point. We are doing our best to ship LEs to customers participating in the serial number matching program before Christmas. We will begin production of the balance of LEs after Christmas.
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

Doug, Any news on the Medieval widescreen?

Cheers,
Neil

#700 6 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:One LE, booked for my collection here in Israel. Just wondering how long it will take, before any 220v are produced ?!?!?! A European game, incl. tax, comes to just over $10'000.

I have an LE on order also, not expecting to see it until January. Only chance before xmas in my view would be to airfreight it.

1 week later
#931 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

First thing I do is change that to the bally logo like on my afm

its a Williams game though?

#1025 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game today and overall it's really nice, but I am extremely upset that I cannot get the translight out. The key works, but panel will not rise enough to clear the speaker panel. I took the lock out still nothing. Reached inside to see if I could move the speaker panel enough to free the translight. No luck. The most simple of things it seems they didnt get right. I'll have to waste more time trying to free this thing. A bit of a joke.
Anyone have any thoughts?[quoted image]

have same issue on my MMR... pain in the arse but I don't go into the backbox that often - because the game is super reliable...

#1165 6 months ago

well in order can't be right - I'm 575 and nadda

#1239 6 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I'm in total agreement with you. Great video!

I took the video at expo and the room was very bright.

#1311 6 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Can anyone confirm swapping out the protector for a mantis / cliffy combo voids the warranty?

how would they know?

#1346 6 months ago

the sound on AFMLE is miles better than MMR LE.

Thats one of the reasons I want the screen upgrade is that it will also have better speakers (hoping at least).

With the CGC logo at the bottom you should be able to upload a Williams one in its place press down and hold select button behind the coin door to get to the CGC menu.

#1499 5 months ago

slightly surprised by the sound complaints. My original Monster Bash had the best sound for a Williams game... (I've sold it so I can get MBR LE serial matched with my MMR LE and AFM LE!)

1 week later
#1757 5 months ago

Remakes are fantastic - my most reliable games by a mile - so. I have so I sold my MB and patiently await MBR!

#1841 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Hello I'm new to pinball hobby just got my first new pinball machine a MBRse after set up and playing roughly 40 games the ball gets stuck on the ramp next to franks bride this happend about 5 times basically 1 time every 10 games I played (pitch is set up at 6 1/2 degree) Do I have to adjust something

levels right to left I suspect and maybe a smidge higher at the back. My original did the same thing!

1 week later
#2160 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

well stated....its clearly only an issue for the impatient buyer (like myself)....I get u are at the mercy of what the manufacturer tells u.....as great as CGC is they are always behind the eight ball in regards to manufacturing. They really need to do a better job of communicating a realistic production schedule to the distributor. The only company that really delivers on time is Stern.....they are just way ahead of CGC, JJP, and all the others when it comes to manufacturing. Nobody is even close to competing.

I don't think any of them are better than each other, although it might be because we are in the UK but honestly its a nightmare, we place orders with a £2K deposit then its a roulette wheel as to when we get get asked for the rest then for it to sit in a shipping container for 3-4 weeks. This applies to Stern, CGC, JJP and Spooky. Where as I can order a car for less than a pinball machine and get a week level precise shipping date and pay a £500 deposit. Don't even get me started about the local delivery company and deal with them!

1 week later
#2492 4 months ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm really contemplating some PDI glass for this machine... its so colorful and I've can lights in my ceiling. I think it would really drastically improve the visibility. The issue is not brightness... its just hyper reflective in my environment.

yeah, original was the same also.

#2686 4 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

As before the question isn't the quality of the lot, but rather what gives the LE owners the "right" to draw the best of the best while everyone else gets the seconds. Even if the seconds are "great" and well beyond the BW originals as a class.

what gives us the right is more spondulicks!

spondulicks (resized).png

mwahahaha!

more seriously, I think this is the sort of thing I'd like to be advertised and clearly something CGC learned from the playfield issues of MMR and AFMR, its good to see them act on this. However I'm not sure I'd be overjoyed if I had an SE on order!

Neil.

1 week later
#2961 4 months ago

I got LE MMR and AFMR and waiting for tri-match MBR.

Games have been super reliable, only had a scoop issue with AFMR that needed adjustment but the games have been super solid

#3013 4 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Hey, in America, having a little “shameless self promotion” is just your dormant carny gene coming out of it’s sleep state.
I agree that not every machine needs secondary GI lighting, but I also think more power to them if they can keep separating people from their money for a product they “think” they need. Like Jobs said, find a need they don't know they have and fill it. Thats just the American way.
Sometimes I think people forget the connection between pinball and the carnivals and carnies setting up pins under tents and having the legs sink 2 inches into the mud, get a wicked lean and have every ball drain out the side outlane. Carnys are out to get your money, and so is everyone in the pinball business, that it’s an even trade of $$ for services I think is on the buyer.

dood- stop smoking that stuff. No good will come of it.

#3075 4 months ago

cgc-ryan doug_duba just checking you guys are seeing this and are taking steps to prevent this on future games!

#3076 4 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What angle do you recommend setting the play field?....mine is currently at 7.5 degrees....its pretty fast....

that's what I ran my original at. Plays lovely. Just check for slow balls into the bride on the left hand side. Sometimes they will hang on the wireform.

#3078 4 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Has anybody gotten their non matching LE yet?
This wait is killing me...

still waiting for my matching LE here in the UK.

#3087 4 months ago

yeah if mine are split on delivery I'll be sending it back!

It would be like taking delivery of a new car and the wing having a smack in it. Yes a cargument but a valid one.

#3098 4 months ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

It kills me that I still have to wait for matching numbers pins first before I get mine especially when people are already getting their Munsters pins out there. e? I hope that gets wrapped up by next week.

munsters doesn't have anything on this pin mate. worth the wait.

#3196 4 months ago
Quoted from AliciaC:

Unboxed our LE this afternoon. Several cosmetic issues out of the box: Cracked decals on two corners, blue powder coating blemishes, broken plastic part fell out of the game and a few other items (repaired wood w/ black paint or ink on the topper). Submitted a ticket and waiting for an update.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Alicia that's so poor, hope CGC do the right thing and replace the machine completely.

#3201 4 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Of the 250 LE shipped, a handful have posted reports of cracking issues in a decal, and even fewer with some other minor cosmetic issues. Let’s not make a mountain out of a molehill just yet? I wouldn’t cancel my LE order just because of these.

Ok so if mine has cracked decals, no freaking problem, ship it to this dood's house and I'll have his.

No didn't think so!

Lots of people have the view that if only a few folks on pinside are complaining its a small problem when probability says its most likely the other way around.

Regards,
Neil.

#3357 4 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got a message from CGC this morning....It only took them a few days to address my ticket....they were very cordial and understanding on the phone.

what did they agree to do?

#3391 4 months ago

If mine arrives with cracked decals it’s going back for a refund or proper replacement.

#3513 4 months ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I'm currently in for non-matching MBrLE.
Went to The Arcade in Brighton yesterday, and got excited when I saw a flawless AFMLE there.
I was simply...just...beautiful.
Started playing and immediately discovered the left flipper is screwed. Acting exactly like the hold coil transistor was latching up. Seen that before when a coil is changed and they forget to replace the recirculation diode, after so many voltage spikes the transistor becomes a thyristor. It looked like an electronic problem to me for several reasons.
Regardless, we told the dude, and he comes out to take a look at it. Runs some diagnostics, lifts the playfield, looks under it for a bit, fiddles with a few things, puts playfield back down, runs more diagnostics, game turned off for the remainder of our visit which was around five hours.
I even told the guy when he started looking at it, "I'm very curious to see what you can do with this because I have MBr on order, and I'm worried about this new system".
I'm not too happy to see that the game remained dead. This arcade at least used to have good techs, so while it might not be that bad, I really wanted to see the soldering iron come out and that game come back to life. There are a lot of games there, its not too crowded, and the place only open on the weekends and not even all day. Its not like the game was getting hammered constantly. The playfield is like glass.
There is another local AFMLE at Marvin's Mechanical Museum in Farmington Hills. One of the tri-color LEDs on the big saucer was not working. Another electronic problem. These games are in places where they should be well maintained. Am I being too pessimistic?
I'm sulking about resuming the hopeless search for an affordable nice original MB again. I want something I can fix later on.
Even one LED not working will make me blow a gasket after spending $8300+tax.

Dood,
don't worry - I have MMR LE and AFMR LE and they are bullet proof:

They are my most reliable games.

Neil.

1 week later
#3743 3 months ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Went to starfighters arcade in Mesa AZ last night. Got to play a ton of pins and AFMrLE for the first time ever. They had an original MB which was pretty cool. But I was more interested in playing AFMrLE just to feel the “build quality” of a CGC machine. I would like to ask one question of current MBrLE owners since I have one on order. Do the flippers feel like they have a “spring” to them? I seriously felt a spring on the AFMrLE that I was playing every time I hit the flipper. It was a fun game no doubt, but again, I was really just trying to feel out the quality. Just wondering. Thanks for input

buy with confidence - CGC stuff is top quality. I've had the least number of issues with my CGC games than any others. I have MMRLE and AFMRLE. Sold my MB for MBRLE!

#3812 3 months ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I just paid in full for my non-matching LE and am getting all set for its arrival. Does anyone know anything about the HD Glass Marco sells for $246 (includes delivery)? They claim: HD glass blocks 99% of UltraViolet light rays that deteriorate playfield plastics and artwork. Reflects less than 1% of ambient light for clearest possible playfield viewing.
Super neutral optical coating allows true color transmission through glass.

I have PDI, stern and JJP/invisi - PDI is the best from my POV

#3813 3 months ago

but not a lot in it.

1 week later
#4086 3 months ago

anyone heard anything about non-US games?

#4219 3 months ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

Got my SE today!
Strange issue I'm having. When I press start, none of the coils will fire in the game. So the ball doesn't launch, if I trigger the slingshot switches, they don't fire, the pop bumpers don't work, Creech popper, etc. None of them work at all. The sound and scoring all work just not the coils. But when I test them in the test menu, all the coils work just fine. Anyone got any suggestions for why they don't work during gameplay?

check for a stuck switch, and the right number of balls in the game?

#4220 3 months ago

does the ball eject into the plunge lane?

#4274 3 months ago

is anyone waiting on their matched serial number?

Neil.

1 week later
#4481 3 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

On a serious note, and in keeping with my current displeasure with CGC’s delivery schedule slips, I have to ask doug_duba or cgc-ryan or cgc_dougs, how do you want to handle all the MBrLE customers heading for Texas Pinball Fest with no Monster Bashes in their possession, and all the negative word of mouth that that is guaranteed to generate?
At Expo, your representatives gave me all kinds of “feel good and no worries” rhetoric that has stayed my hand and tongue somewhat, but I don’t think I can walk around TPF as a 6’4” talking billboard, praising the accomplishments of CGC and their abilities to deliver to any type of promised schedule after waiting 3 months BEYOND my “estimated” delivery date. If someone asks me, I will straight up tell them my experience, and I will not feel bad doing it at this point.
And yeah, to all those that are going to rush to their defense, we all know pinball is hard, and yeah this is not the longest people have had to wait, but promises given are promises broken. And right now they are what they are.
I am a paid in full, ordered on the first day, MBrLE customer that is pretty much at his limits of waiting. I know this is not a popular position, and this will get me about 30 to 40 downvotes, but my up down ratio needs some help... its almost back up to 70% possitive.

I think it's a fair thing to raise. Dealer has had my deposit for a long time also and no idea when it arrive.

#4563 88 days ago

anyone had a a problem with the ball getting stuck under the plastics near creature? Played the game in cidercade last night and the ball kept getting stuck up there. gave up in the end, but the LE is so super shiny- very impressed.

#4630 84 days ago

I spoke to Ryan at the show and he said basically the playfield issue is the key reason for the hold up - taking 5 times as long per game to manufacture. He doesn’t want to ship any games that are sub quality and frankly I agree with him - this is good from the POV that some AFMR playfield didn’t make the mark and caused a lot of pissed off cusomters.

3 weeks later
#5256 60 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My friend has an OG MB and his doesn't do this, his left bride ramp is butter all the way. I'll have to look at his wireform next time I'm there to see if his looks aligned differently. On mine, strong/good direct shots are actually worse, as the ball rides the side of the wireform up high and then crashes down into the wireform, then stops and rolls back down as a miss. Weaker direct shots perform the best on mine.

my original MB would have balls hang in the left bride ramp. Never figured it out, played one other that does it also.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Le coming today wife found out , wants to move out ... I guess I’m done collecting it’s all over

man I had my B66 in the house for months before she figured it out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 279.95
$ 9.95
$ 279.95
$ 90.00
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 399.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 279.95
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside