(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

what iPhone have u paid $1300 for?

Iphone Xs Max w/ 256GB is $1250, or it's $1450 for 512GB of storage

3 weeks later
#2022 5 years ago

I ordered from pps and paid early too. But I was told it would arrive for the holiday, while I had family visiting.
Sounds like CGC was overzealous. I'm still waiting for a new ETA. It's a bummer...

#2036 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They can take their time. I want a quality product, not a rushed product.

No one expects or prefers a bad, rushed product.

Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know why anyone assumed they would get them fast...they always get delayed when they haven't even come out yet (they weren't even built).

Because customers were told their games would be delivered soon (after request for full payment). I don't think they misled on purpose, but since 'pinball is hard', you'd think pin businesses might be more conservative. Also, this is their third remake, and they shipped a bunch of classics, SE's, and LE's....

Frankly, my only REAL frustration is the handling of pre-payments in this hobby.

2 weeks later
#2815 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Same here, I’m very excited to get my games but I’m done. Between this and ACNC I’m done screwing around with these BS hype trains and will just wait next time..

Well, I've learned a lesson. Regardless of a vendor's first, 3rd, or 50th game, the next time I'm asked for full-payment and told 'it SHOULD ship in two weeks', I'll tell them to call me back once they've got my game in-hand with the shipping labels printed. "It's pinball" is not an excuse for bad business behavior. Misinformation and failed commitments should be unacceptable as the norm.

#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm with you....CGC makes decent games, but getting them out of factory in a timely manner is not their expertise.....rumor has it my shipped last on Wed so we'll see if it shows up

My impression is that CGC is better and faster than most. But again, my primary comment is around pinball payments (which involves the distributor).
Deposits are already used to mitigate risk/expense, so full-payment shouldn't be requested until the game is available and ready to ship.

1 week later
#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Did anyone have any success in calling CGC and actually getting some sort of response? I see including myself & people leaving msg's and yet to hear from them.

Out of curiosity, what are you guys expecting CGC to do about cracked decals?

1 week later
#3505 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The LE gets a gauranteed higher grade playfield. The SE you might get a slightly lesser grade PF.

Since there is 'some' process variance, it makes good sense that they (say) playfields are QA-sorted to justify the LE premium price. It's good, proper marketing.... particularly since it doesn't affect gameplay and you can't demonstrate any real playfield quality improvements on an LE game.

1 week later
#3767 5 years ago

Got my LE setup last week. After ~50 games, I've noticed 3 issues so far:

-- the scoop goes SDTM ~10-20% of the time
-- the center spinner switch stopped working (it worked fine for the first ~25 games)
-- the trough kickout can't kick the ball out properly and fires over an over... after 3-8 tries or shaking the machine, the ball escapes

#3788 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

.... still get SDTM ejects. I've noticed that firm ejects hit the left flipper, but the SDTM ejects are slower and sound different as if it's a misfit with the plunger coming out if the scoop.

Mine is the same. If they follow-up and have a suggestion for alignment, I'd be curious to hear about it.

1 week later
#4007 5 years ago

I'm still struggling with the popups on my game. I've had multi-balls time out because it can't kick a new ball into the shooter lane (game gives up trying). I also have the SDTM issue with the scoop every 5-10 balls. I've swapped balls, tested elevations between 6-7.5 degrees, leveled and re-leveled, and set power to 'max'. These issues affect nearly every game played. It's as if the ball is resting in the trough properly and the striker is loose and hitting off-center. It's inconsistent but visibly noticeable.

Short of bending things, is anyone else having this issue and sorted it?

#4009 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just adjust the scoop or maybe even put a piece of foam inside the scoop like this to make it shoot out more to the right or left. [quoted image]

Thanks, I'll try that

#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I think I’ve solved scoop straight down the middle shots! I ran a 1/4” by 1” strip of moleskin down the right side of the *top* of the scoop and that’s prevented any SDTMs

Would you mind posting a pic?
This? https://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Zone-Super-Moleskin-Extra/dp/B07FCRHXHF/

#4230 5 years ago

Regarding scoop SDTM issues, my pin-whisperer friend identified a hack/fix that is working well. He noticed the ball would occasionally fly straight up and hit the top of the scoop, plop down and fall SDTM. He put a thin shim between the coil and coil stop to firm-it-up and limit movement and sure enough... my scoop is consistent and haven't seen a bad ball since.

#4294 5 years ago
Quoted from BryanBPH:

1 - Yes, the STDM drains from the scoop are annoying. Very inconsistent but seems like about 30% of the time it just fires it STDM. I've seen other posts about this issue, so I'll have to figure out what I am going to do, so if there is a consensus on what works best I'd like to hear it before I mess with it.

I had the same issue. Ball would fly straight-up and hit the scoop lip and drop onto the playfield. I fixed it by addressing the slop/movement between the coil and coilstop. Now it's entirely consistent, straight to the left flipper every time. Apparently there is a product for that:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9612

#4301 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

For me I just changed the coil strength setting within the CGC settings. Good luck with the game. CGC support team helped me with the problem I had.

I received the same advice but this didn't address the problem.

1 week later
#4568 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was asking myself the same question

I was thinking the same... Sensors? Magnets? Lifted playfield... what!?
Seems lame. Would've been relatively easy to address the playfield art change too.
Would love to hear a good reason for why it was designed and left that way.

#4611 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

I've had a ticket open on the scoop SDTM issue for over 2 months now. 2 weeks ago I asked for an update as I've quit playing due to frustration. I was told engineering was looking into it and they hope to have an answer soon.
Which will happen first, the CGC SDTM fix or Bublehead receiving his MBr....

See my prior post. Put a washer or something between the coil and coilstop. This reduced movement/slop and now my scoop shoots consistently.

4 months later
#5966 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I am getting the following error when trying to unzip the 1.03 update using WinRAR...
! C:\Users\Downloads\MonsterBash103Installer.7z: Unknown method in MonsterBash103Installer.img
I've tried downloading the file multiple times. Any ideas?

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.