(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,329 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shinyball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#221 5 years ago

I'm in for the LE..(ordered) Even
the Warranty ain't bad along with the rest of the upgrades.
Electronics 24 Months
Mechanical and Other Components 12 Months

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

wouldn't there be plenty of SE versions at that time?

Yes

1 week later
#300 5 years ago

So, what leg protectors (if any) are you planning to install on your new machine?

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

None. They are not needed. I bought some for my AFMR LE and discovered it had metal stand off plates that kept the legs from contacting the cabinet art work

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

CGC ships them with metal leg protectors installed into the cab. Taking the legs on and off does no damage.

Quoted from gripwhip:

I have a bunch of Polk subwoofers, so I thought it might add to the bass assuming I could just add the alligator clips similar to my Stern games.

Thanks to all, that was exactly what I needed to know.

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

How many LE versions do the distributors get?

Quoted from LoganJK:

My distributor got 40.

Wow, if each distributor got around 40, that is a good chunk of the 1250 for the 1st run...ain't it?

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

You need to keep in mind that there will be some that back out

So, even though one puts down $1000..you can still back out and not loose the 1k?

(not that I will)

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I wouldn’t bet on LEs shipping in numerical order. I ordered serial matching 58x during the first hour and I wouldn’t expect to have to wait for 500 other LEs to be made before mine ships.

That is correct, [according to my dealer]. Number matching ship 1st ahead of the rest of (LE's) ordered, but the actual number does not represent the assembly line sequence.

If you can believe the dealer

1 week later
#487 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

With 1479 sold, I wonder how many of the 1250 LEs have been spoken for?

Yeah, I wish he would have told us that. Maybe he will??

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think people are misunderstanding. LEs have been all bought by distributors but that doesn't mean they sold all of them to customers. In fact they haven't obviously. You can still get one easily.

Obviously that is true, but some of us are fortunate to have a dealer close by. ( or maybe a favorite dealer ).

Some of the dealers "are" sold out and as cgc said. "CGC has received purchase orders from our dealers for all 1250 MBr LEs" is why some may say, "glad to get their order in early." not because you can't get one across country.

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Throw a shooter lane protector in there and the games bullet proof. That's what I love about these CGC games, I really don't have to add much of anything to get it exactly how I want it. Typically with Sterns, I have to dump another $400 to get it there.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using?

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For the shooter lane? I use cliffys. Sometimes I'll even go a step further and put mylar down as well.

I did the mylar also. Just wondered if things have been changing since I came back. Thanks

#580 5 years ago

Those of you that live in "cold country" or soon to be cold country as winter is approaching....( it's already freezing around here).
when your machine arrives, are you going to wait awhile before firing it up? I'm thinking 4 to 6 hours or more when out of the box?
I always tried to avoid getting a machine in the dead of winter, but looks like my LE will be that way.

#595 5 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

What’s the deal with getting a could game ? Thanks

I believe you meant "cold"
Electronics..boards..do not like frozen or very cold. Think moisture, (wet) not good. Zzzaaaapppp sizzel oh no!! wtf? don't do it.

1 week later
#801 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I reached out to a local vendor, left a message. They never got back to me.
I don't care if you don't have any more LE's for sale.
Return my call. Because,

I think I know who that "local dealer" is. Have had same experience. I have moved on since.

#839 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I could be completely wrong though.

yep

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I heard they were short on Frank (figure) - so as not to delay the LE's, they were
going to substitute this one (at no extra charge ) you'll just have to be carefull of ball hops breaking
his finger.
[quoted image]

I hope that is not true. Hate to have a a diffo figure.... especially with potential to breaking.

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

naw... just my attempt at humor...

You had me going there...I thought what's the point of a LE if it changes?? Don't do that !! lol

#950 5 years ago

I used my credit card @ my distributor, no questions no issues.

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game today and overall it's really nice, but I am extremely upset that I cannot get the translight out. The key works, but panel will not rise enough to clear the speaker panel. I took the lock out still nothing. Reached inside to see if I could move the speaker panel enough to free the translight. No luck. The most simple of things it seems they didnt get right. I'll have to waste more time trying to free this thing. A bit of a joke.
Anyone have any thoughts?[quoted image]

Quoted from Higloss67:

I had the same problem. I have to push up on the backglass very hard to remove and put it back. Now that I know it is not just mine, I will turn in a ticket also.

I'm a little surprised that this wasn't caught by some kind of quality control, now that we have had 2 people with issues stated. You would think that someone had to force it in and would realize that at the factory?

I can only hope they will look into it.

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Ours is like this a bit too. It's not impossible or anything but I do have to push up harder than other games. It doesn't bug me enough to put in a ticket TBH.

Still, I'm hoping that they look into it for the rest of the builds. Shouldn't have to wrestle to open the head.

#1008 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If the vacuformed white lamp carrier is misformed, it would cause this... I am expecting they had a rush on it since it is a machine specific part. If they don't heat the plastic high enough or if they delay the vacuum, the dimensions that could cause this would go oversize. This is a defect. I will put in a ticket if mine comes and does this. So anyone experiencing this should too, depending on the difficulty to get it in and out. Minor rubbing is acceptable, but a major blockage, not so much.

I too..expect it to be right. Fix it now please. Don't let it go out the door that way.
I feel for you guys that had to deal with this. I'd be pissed too.

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game today and overall it's really nice, but I am extremely upset that I cannot get the translight out.

Quoted from andrewket:

Pissed is a strong word, and the issue doesn’t seem to raise to that level. Annoyed, sure. Pissed? Give them a break. I’m sure they will fix it. Go play a few games.

Quoted from Lermods:

In my view, it does rise to that level.

Get a real life Andrew, this guy doesn't sound "annoyed" Just because it didn't happen to you..geeez.."you" better go play some games.

#1057 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well this is awesome news about backglass backbox fix... but let's all be vigilant and report all defects no matter how minor... the feedback helps everyone by making sure all customers are happy, the manufacturer is happy (because they can fix the issue on future machines), and we all get better machines in the end.

Good clean fix. Much better then the "rasp" to the cabinet edge idea.

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

That and lack of response from other owners claiming same issue most likely makes this an irregularity.

To my disappointment..sounds like it ain't a irregularity, as shown here lately.

#1171 5 years ago

Could it be that if a distributor has a bunch coming, a truck load or at least a head load (trailer) may be why the numbers are mixed at that point of delivery.
Calling in a carrier for a truckload or partial headload for shipment @CGC saves on cost for CGC.

Obsessively, that doesn't work for a direct individual shipment.

#1206 5 years ago

#1282 5 years ago

I had too many beers today, I can't read all that.

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Can anyone confirm swapping out the protector for a mantis / cliffy combo voids the warranty?

Maybe call CGC and ask, just maybe you will get some newer feedback about what they think about their protector too and what they may do about it.

#1342 5 years ago

well....at least it was a condensed version.

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

shinyball, hey I am in an owners thread, and I do respect my other fellow owners... lol. The DP crater thread went on for days, and right now, my dimple nerves are wearing really thin...

Np....I just be blessed with a short attention span. I was ADD before it was labeled ADD.

#1389 5 years ago

Ok, I see from above picture (post#1383) that there is 1000 to be made classic...and I know 1250 LE.. how many SE?

#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

That's likely playfield 537 in the first batch of 1,000 - they are going to make SE's and CE's for years........

Thanks. I always thought that, but then I saw that (537 of 1000) got me there.

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Which machines are next that you are referring too? 4 and 5? I haven't been on the boards in a while but was able to secure a MBLE.

That was Humor, and speculation fun for whats next

#1433 5 years ago

what is the fascination with purple? I must be missing something...

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

In person its much more of a midnight blue and not purple at all. It really looks good. The photos are not doing the game any justice.

I believe you. I have seen this in person..more blue then purple, as you said..looks awesome! congrats.

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Game 985 in the house! Had time to bring in, quickly set it up, and play a couple games... But sadly had to come in to work. Nice that a long weekend is ahead.
Couple quick thoughts: the game, lighting, and dmd are gorgeous. Something about it felt extra smooth to shoot. Flipper power felt way too strong (which I know can be adjusted). Ball was flying off the right ramp. Didn't get a chance to put the topper on... Always a tight fit in my basement... So we'll see if it fits.
Can't wait to dig in this weekend![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm guessing your birthday 09/85 ? congrats!

#1465 5 years ago

Not you ...post #1431 added " wide purple (4) Cointaker LEDs" which is fine..just wondered.

2 weeks later
#2058 5 years ago

A distant "Cousin" to my LE moved in today

slot (resized).jpgslot (resized).jpg
#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Every large big priced item I've bought that came on a truck, they basically said you either take it or you don't. If something is wrong with it, you deal with who you bought it from. If you open it, in most cases, they won't be able to take it back.

You are 100% correct. I "was" that driver for 34 years. You may note any visible damage..and at that point you either refuse or accept with notations. Anything else falls under concealed damage.(which can be a nitemare) responsibility 1/3 ,1/3.1/3.

My advice..See if the driver "will" allow you to open and inspect. If not, you take your chances with concealed.
If it were me, and I think I see damage...I would refuse shipment.

I could write a book on this..I don't want to get in all the details.You don't get to open every box and inspect...if you got away with this, all the power to you..you had a ez going driver.

What bublehead said...is not just that simple.

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

The serviceman said if you're not able to open the box and inspect at the time of the handover, write 'subject to inspection' on the delivery receipt and that way 'you are covered'. That means you can get the machine home and inspect it later. If you don't write that on your delivery receipt, you're on your own.

The driver is not going anywhere until you sign for it - he'll wait...

The truck lines are very happy when a "subject to inspection was written on the bill". It doesn't mean squat...makes you feel better..
That basically means "concealed damage applies".

You don't necessarily do well in this situation..maybe you will maybe you won't. But the trucking co "could" fight the shipper for 1/3 responsibility..They may say bad packaging (1/3)..or, customer damaged it when then opened it and tried to set it up and it fell..again (1/3)..and of course, the truck line mishandled it (1/3).

Just way too many situations.

Just saying if I had a drop shipment..and I saw obvious damage, I would refuse shipment and write on the BOL "damaged refused" and description of what made me say that. example..Hole in ctn, pinball cabinet wood split and broken. (good idea to take pics.)

Why would I want to keep this broken unit? Let the truck line and shipper fight over that. wtf ... it's B R O K E N.

" The driver is not going anywhere until you sign for it - he'll wait..." LOL .. are you kidding me!

Amazing how so many people think they know the rules...and it's pure BS.

#2119 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The only way to truly know is to take the game out of the box, install the legs, lift up the head, and inspect it .... as we all know this takes time, and the shipper isn't gonna wait around for an hour. Otherwise the only practical measure is to open the top of the box (or possibly cut the sides of the box off) and visually inspect....if theres no obvious damage then u sign off and send the guy on his way. If theres an issue after that u hope your distributor will address any issues since he was responsible for shipment.

That what we all would want to do...including myself...and just maybe you will find that driver who will let you..good for you.

Shippers suggest you can do that...(they lie)

Quoted from hollywood:

Not disagreeing, but what happens after? I mean you have already payed for the machine before it ships, so what happens if it shows up damaged and you don’t accept it? How do you get your monies?

Again, (if it were me)...I would call the dist right away and tell them the driver/ delivery is here and it is damaged..I'm going to refuse it...see what they have to say. They may suggest a different course of action.

All I was trying to say, is most freight lines are not going to allow you to tear apart the box and inspect before signing. Your mileage may vary.

#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

fwiw, I did this on my first pin, which was NIB. The driver refused to do anything more than drop it off on my driveway, despite his own paperwork clearly stating “inside delivery”. He shrugged his shoulders and said he was contracted by the carrier only to deliver it curbside and told me to take it or leave it. I ended up accepting delivery, and then it took about a month to get a refund of the inside delivery charge. I now have all the necessary equipment to move pinball machines around, but at the time I did not. I ended up having to hire two guys to help me carry it inside before it rained.

Good explanation here
https://www.freightpros.com/blog/inside-delivery-white-glove-service/

Also agree with EricHadley about "freight guys" and white glove.

Now, If your local pinball dist actually does the white glove, I'm good with that. (for me)

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

It will need a new cabinet. It's number matching, so they will send it back to me when it gets swapped out. I didn't open the box any further once I saw the damage. 2 of the straps were broken and the bottom corner in the photo was crushed enough to rip the box, so there may be more damage than what I've seen. The driver had a long sigh when he asked if I knew the value. His first delivery today was a $3300 loss. He blamed guys on the dock running around in forklifts. He recommended the games be crated instead of boxed. Seems like they should pay attention to where they are driving.

This happens and you did the right thing. bummer though.

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

While waiting for my game to ship. I started looking at other games that have been recently released that might make me change my mind about MBR. I checked out a couple of videos of Stern's Munsters game and was impressed. I'd like to play one in person as soon as possible. Like MB, it seems to be a fun game to play. MBR and Munsters are both Universal properties and have the same monsters (more or less). What do you gents think of the reveal of the new Stern game? The guys at SDTM give it a thumbs up overview. I'm going back and forth weighing the 2 games.

I had to buy both..be careful.

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

When there is obvious damage (ie:forklift hole), I always wonder why the shipping company would load/ship it
to the customer in the first place -and not inspect it at their warehouse/loading dock.

They HAVE to attempt del..the truck line can not make the call whether it is damaged (even if obviously it is) That is for the customer to do.

#2479 5 years ago

I really don't care if I have to wait, chances are more of the bugs will be worked out. Whats the hurry anyways? I'm glad it is just happening.

#2593 5 years ago

Well this news may just sell off the rest of the LE'S out there.

#2743 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

#871 (Matched to my AFMRLE) showed up today. The box was a little bent but no damage, phew!
I did have an issue where the lights under frank and on the left speaker were out. Turns out in the right speaker there is a hub of wires and a board. One of the connectors in this board had come unplugged, in case someone has a similar issue.
Flipper strength -2 seems about the sweet spot for my game setup. Basically right at 6.5deg.
The glare from under the glass is a real issue (for me), I pulled a piece of invisiglass from another game and it is waaay better. The color changing GI is awesome but does cause glare on the standard glass which can be distracting.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's with only 1 leg with a slider?

#2745 5 years ago

#2771 5 years ago

I always have second thoughts...but those? no way..I'd keep mbr..just wait it out. Soon to B.

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I really don't understand the comments about code, deep games, etc....some of the games are so ridiculous with code that their really not that fun to play....what makes MM, MB, AFM, Met so great (and highly rated) is that the games are very challenging, yet the code is easy to explain and understand for kids, adults, experts, and novice players.....

Yep...I get sick and tired of the "deep" crowd...It's a fun game..period.

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You probably have more than one pin at a time ?

yes, but family/friends/kids all would like this...doesn't have to be a deep game

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's fine but not what op is asking . I have nothing against any pin especially wpc pins (my favorite) but some / most wld not be good in a 1 pin collection unless someone just wants to enjoy it for few month's then sell it and get another one but many people that spend 8k+ wld like to keep it much longer .

I understand your opinion. I'm trying to look at it as something more then 1 person...like a family, and friends that come over. I think this pin would be very popular with so many..just saying. The deep (I think) covers the pinheads. I'm pretty much the only pinhead in my neighborhood.family and friends.
So,I think they will like MBR as a whole IMO.. If, you are buying it for yourself I will agree

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Are you guys with split side art just contacting your distributor, or opening a ticket with CGC. Any idea how they handle this issue?

I worry that the "fix" could be worse then the split.

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

If I got a cab decal set I'd be happy.

"if" whoever would be charged with putting it on...did it right...Then I'd be happy too. ( I ain't about to do that)

That is my worry. I had a decal from Chevy that became a defect..(3) times the local dealer couldn't do it right.
It's on;y as good as the guy who is charged to do it.

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is MB considered a family pin? I have never played it (no locations nearby) but I do know it's very popular and looks like a lot of fun. Do kids enjoy playing MB in general? Looking to possibly add MB to my collection. Thanks!

If they love Halloween they prob would love mbr. as far as the theme. It's not like a BSD.excellent family pin IMO

#2906 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I decided to put my money elsewhere and asked my distro for my deposit back, he said no problem

1st day I'm actually 2nd guessing myself...can't come up with any 1 reason...just a un-ez feeling as a whole today...combination of things? dun' know...weird.

#2909 5 years ago

Thanks Who-Dey

#2938 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

plus I wouldn't have to deal with the Snow!

Snow sucks! don't it lol....you also have to wait for the machine to "warm to room temp" before firing it up...least you should.

#3004 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Would you post a close-up pic of the front right corner of your cabinet? If CGC is doing something different (ie ... NOT wrapping the decals around the corner) to address the splitting decals, I'd love to see what it is!

I hope so...I'm about to bail

If Ever they address this problem...Guess I'll get a CE then

#3015 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Ok, so let me show my SE with a November build date. It does NOT appear my right decal has been pulled over the corner. Nor the left. Seems to end slightly before the edge. Zero apparent decal damage, beautiful install.
Btw- the other MBr examples with the slight decal damage that I've seen here on Pinside- they don't look like the decals final "resting spot" has been "extremely" pulled over the corners either- unlike that AfM on the previous page.
Either way, its not as though the corners- as such- should play much further part in pulling these decals apart further through natural wood shifting and the like.

Gorgeous!

#3053 5 years ago

Must be a variance from one installer to another.

#3086 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

cgc-ryan doug_duba just checking you guys are seeing this and are taking steps to prevent this on future games!

I am considering bailing on my LE. The info that they are at least looking into it may keep me around awhile. (I would have just got a CE at a later date)

Minor, Splitting / pealing Graphics may not be a issue for some as demonstrated here..but others, yes.

I do wish they would have stated that here, rather then getting it 2nd hand...it may have eased my concern.

To be clear, I want the game, and am thrilled that they remade it...I may just wait till the dust settles, by then the LE's will gone, I'll love the CE at that point.

#3088 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah if mine are split on delivery I'll be sending it back!
It would be like taking delivery of a new car and the wing having a smack in it. Yes a cargument but a valid one.

Right! I think we all would pass on a graphic defect on a car, when there is the car next to it is perfect.

#3090 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Till then, and definitely till CGC chimes in,

Strangely quiet.

#3113 5 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Unboxed our LE this afternoon. Several cosmetic issues out of the box: Cracked decals on two corners, blue powder coating blemishes, broken plastic part fell out of the game and a few other items (repaired wood w/ black paint or ink on the topper). Submitted a ticket and waiting for an update.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Disappointing...

Thanks for the pics

#3162 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I have my SE coming tomorrow! - I honestly couldn't care less of the vinyl is cracked lol. Considering I never thought I could afford one - let alone a brand new one, the hairline crack in the art seems incredibly silly to worry about.
I'll post pics tomorrow - (fingers crossed it all goes well!).

I may put up with a hairline crack...as long as it stays that way and does not develop into this, within a year.

crack (resized).jpgcrack (resized).jpg
#3186 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Of the 250 LE shipped, a handful have posted reports of cracking issues in a decal, and even fewer with some other minor cosmetic issues. Let’s not make a mountain out of a molehill just yet? I wouldn’t cancel my LE order just because of these.

Not everyone that buys a machine...is here on pinside

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow I'm a little surprised they've taken this long to respond. When ever I had issues with my AFMRLE they responded very quickly....hmmm not sure what to think about the silence unless they've gotten so many of these tickets their asking management to figure out a way to respond.

Quoted from Mdanielb:

I reached out to CGC approximately 10 days ago with a general contact request for a service question, and a detailed explanation that BOTH my brand new in box AFMrLE, and my numbers matching MBrLE have cracked decals just behind the right front corner of the cabinet - BOTH in exactly the same spot. By this past Friday, I had not been contacted ... so I contacted my distributor who advised me to open an official ticket, one ticket for each game. I am in the same boat as you ... says "being processed" under my account, but no news or attempt to contact me yet.

Did anyone have any success in calling CGC and actually getting some sort of response? I see including myself & people leaving msg's and yet to hear from them.

#3215 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

But the minor issues are being treated as if the sky is falling and we are all doomed!

So what are your considered "minor issues that the sky is falling" ?

#3232 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Out of curiosity, what are you guys expecting CGC to do about cracked decals?

Would be nice if they would acknowledge the problem instead of avoiding it.. as a starter.

Then I would like to know what they can do to prevent this for others yet to be built.

and I agree with others..if you already have this issue..ether a new set or cash equivalent as a choice...I for one would not feel proficient in replacing them myself..being I never have attempted it

#3247 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

**EDIT: I totally missed it, but it does look like a minor crack on the right side decal. I am not too concerned at this point...we'll see how it lasts in the long run.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That "hair" in picture #2 wedged in the left leg would bother me more then that..

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

That looks like a fit and finish issue. Is the right side rail positioned a little farther toward the front of the game than the side rail on the left, leaving that gap that you can see bare wood through?
The problem with that flaw - it's right in your field of vision. That would drive me nuts!

I went from disappointing....to discouraging. Very sry to see that happen to yours.

#3275 5 years ago

what CGC could do to eliminate those concerns about damage in shipping is to attach a shockwatch sticker, a hated item of the trucking industry. It's basically a tell all. It eliminates the question if the truck-line mishandled it. That little bar will show "Red" if was rough handled. If it is clear...and you see damage,(inside) probably was damaged before it was shipped. I'm not talking about obvious holes in ctn type damage which may not show. It is for a perfectly good looking ctn that may have tipped over and such.
shock (resized).pngshock (resized).png

#3281 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm more miffed at the lack of response from CGC....not communicating is the worst thing they can do....my tickets only been open since Saturday, but some have had zero communication for weeks, which is extremely frustrating....

I had a question about the splitting graphic for 5 days..no response at all, also.

#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I want to address the reports of cracks in the decals on the upper front corners of the Monster Bash cabinet.
As of today, this issue has occurrenced in less than 1% of all MBr games shipped. We had seen a similar issue on AFM and changed the way we wrap the decals. It seemed the issue was resolved until we started shipping in colder weather.
We have been proudly building cabinets since 1977 for nearly every pinball manufacturer and take great pride in what we build. Every game goes through multiple levels of quality control to ensure that the game going into the box is of the highest standards. We understand what the pinball community demands from a NIB game.
I want to let everybody know that this is only a decal issue and not an issue with the cabinet construction. We have built hundreds of thousands of cabinets utilizing the same corner joints and have had remarkably few issues.
In an effort to stop all cracking on the decals, we will no longer wrap the decals around the corner. We feel that this should decrease the overall risk of potential decal splitting.

Thanks Ryan

That is the news I have been waiting for.
Going to hang in there now for sure.

#3307 5 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

In an effort to stop all cracking on the decals, we will no longer wrap the decals around the corner. We feel that this should decrease the overall risk of potential decal splitting.

I think this was a major play in this..not weather.

#3338 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Question for potential buyers. How many games with wrapped corners are sitting on the assembly line or already boxed sitting in their warehouse . How can we be assured were getting games with the updated decal process.....

I figure it's like a lottery. You bought the ticket..and you hope you win.

#3371 5 years ago

Don't forget this...for the LEs..adds value in my book.

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

It is a current industry wide practice to have higher standards on playfields going into more expensive LEs.
Subpar playfield are stripped and rescreened or discarded and not used in any model.
We have been making playfields since 1977 and assembling pinball machines for less than two years. Remarkably producing playfields still remains our biggest challenge.
Quality expectations of collectors greatly exceed those of the operators that originally purchased the games.
If I built a time machine and brought brand new Williams machines from 1998 to the present, they wouldn’t meet the expectations of some collectors.
We have three original Monster Bash playfields in house and there are significant variances between the three. We would have rejected one playfield and the other two would not meet our standards for an LE.
The playfield is the backbone of a pinball machine, it is perhaps the most important component. We are very focused on producing outstanding playfields.

#3396 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If mine arrives with cracked decals it’s going back for a refund or proper replacement.

#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

First non number matching we've heard of? Really heard a lot of mixed noise on the matter. Still waiting to hear an estimate from CGC on when I could expect to see mine, though the longer it takes the more likely it seems I'm going to cancel. Doesn't really matter how great the game is if you can't play it.

I agree that it can be hard to wait...but, looking at the positive side..sounds like the wait may produce a game when arrives..you will be be thrilled with. Kinks worked out. Hang in there!

#3581 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Anyone with experience on these NIB purchases , Am I going to be able to talk the driver into bringing the game up to my garage. I'm really concerned about my steep driveway and this winter apocalypse going on over here right now. I have snow banks ranging from 3-6ft throughout my whole yard but my driveway will be cleared the best I can. Hoping I can get the pin in the garage and then go through my front door then down my steps because my walkout is f'ing buried.

You probably will not. Ask first. If he says, "it a tailgate del"...Tell him you will flip him a $20 if he will 2 wheel it in your garage..(you will assist him up the steep grade}.
Also mention this is between you and him..tell himyou will never mention it to his company. He could get fired for "charging you" You need to let him know that this goes no farther then "you and me". If you guys slip and it falls....it's on you..driver was never involved..he may go for it.

Salt a runway

#3584 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Shipping companies just suck!

That one sure did

#3624 5 years ago

Watching Little kids playing is always fun....nice daddy!

#3686 5 years ago
bublehead (resized).jpgbublehead (resized).jpg
#3696 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I gotcha there but for me I don't want any of what's listed...for me it's honestly just the screen size so it's making it so difficult.

If that is all that matters...I'd go CE

#3818 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's the F ing total package.
Mine LE has been solid as a rock, its F ing gorgeous.
CGC just crushed it with MBr. The back of the PF 3D artwork and lighting just blows me away.
Every aspect of it is FUN.
"Shallow" code is great when it all ties together like a cool Monsters Rock band.

So.....sounds like you're saying you love it

#3830 5 years ago

Was just informed that my Monster Bash LE (non matching) & Munsters LE will del on the same day..$$ expensive month

#3858 5 years ago

Sry to see that. Disappointed that they are still out there. Let us know what they have to say

#3899 5 years ago

oh my..a crack without the overlap

#3901 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

that is the overlap...the front is under it same as the rest

Whew!! thanks. I though ohhh no

#3935 5 years ago

gameroomguys

1 week later
#4244 5 years ago

I got my Le today....perfect! Absolutely no issues...no wraps no cracks. doesn't drain down the middle..what can I say?? perfect!
I can't find one issue..lucky me..(I got my Munster Le) also..no issues.

2 weeks later
#4636 5 years ago

I think who is the distributor..can be crucial. (just by past experiences). It can make a diff. jimo

So far...absolutely no issues with my LE....what a looker!

1 week later
#4906 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveKnowsAll:

My LE was manufactured end of February and delivered a few days later. Either I got lucky or they fixed some of the early complaints I see here.

Mine (LE) was Dec 31...no issues at all, so I'm guessing "lucky" both of us.
no issues with Drac feet..no sdtm scoop issues.. feeling I got very lucky, as this is being brought up all the time.

Now on my Munsters, I had to do a few adjustments...but, all is perfect now.

#4946 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

RoadRunner Freight was the carrier.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

OMG Looks like it fell off the dock

post #3563 too .Same carrier

#4976 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

1151 in the house!

[quoted image]

That is the way we all hope to see show up. Looks Perfect. I even noticed the shock watch / tip and tell sticker..nice
Looks like a common carrier.

#4994 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I had Jersey Jack ship me a game once, and they forgot to remove the tab from the tip indicator, so even if it HAD been tipped over (which it wasn't) the indicator wouldn't have shown it.

Haha

#5003 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support about the smashed MBRLE. After not hearing from the distributor for a couple days after reporting the damage, I decided to check what day the 180 day clock ends for Paypal Buyer protection, and that day is April 18th (I ordered October 20th). I wrote to my distributor and stated my intention to ask Paypal to step in on the issue before that date, and immediately got a call. On the call the distributor said he would have to wait for the item to return and then begin a claim process. He stated he had no more allotment of the game, so couldn't give me any assurance that a game would be shipped any time in the near future. He offered to refund me completely because he says the Paypal process is not good for him. I asked him if he had contacted CGC about the issue and he said he had not. He then said he might be getting some games next week, and would see what he could do about shipping one of those. So at this point, if I don't hear that a game is on its way by next week, I think i'm getting off this crazy train.
It's just not worth the time, aggravation, headache, etc over the missed ship dates, broken promises, taking time off work for 2 delivery attempts, to offset the fun that the game might bring me. I think I'm sticking to only buying things in-stock and ready to ship from here on out.

I think "I" would call CGC. I don't understand why he wouldn't?

#5036 5 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I think sterns feel better.. I have mbrm and Munsters LE and Beatles. I thinks mbrm is beautiful but sterns feel heavy and smoother

I couldn't disagree more. I also have both. Mbr feels like a solid tank compared to my Munsters LE..(and I like the Munsters more) .
I believe the Mbr is actually 20lbs heavier according to printed info.
But I do agree that MBR LE is Beeeeautiful! and I still love to play it, just ever so slightly less...maybe, cause I have played this game in the past so much.

#5103 5 years ago

much better carrier imv congrats looks good!

#5148 5 years ago

Damn! My wife got the 1st Munsters Bash today on our new LE

#5161 5 years ago

Specifications below:

Length: 55
Width: 29
Height: 78
Weight (lbs.): 270

#5198 5 years ago

when you get 1 phantom flip, it's on off on off with flippers..when you earn both phantoms, it's left right left right with flippers

#5307 5 years ago

I feel very fortunate

1 month later
#5541 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi all,
can anyone tell me please how big the size of the cardboard box of the mb is?
thank you for helping me.
ralf

I can tell you that my door opening to the room that I put the box into is 31 1/4...the box fit through it with sides scraping if that helps

1 week later
#5632 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Ok, so I have an AFMrLE. I really like it. I need to dial it in but so far, it's a great game.
I am on the fence for MB. Opinions out there, should I get one? It's not cheap but it looks so freaking sweet. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger.
Opinions from owners would be appreciated.
Thanks

Each new cgc remake has been better then the previous one/ones, they got their work cut out for them for number 4..they seem to be getting better as they grow. IMO

2 weeks later
#5713 4 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

In the club now since my MBR LE #726 arrived Monday June 17th just a week shy of waiting 8 months. Have had no issues after unboxing it and impressed with the quality.

Congrats!
I had mine for 4 months..Zero issues. I have yet to have to adjust anything, quality is amazing..Very impressed with CGC

1 week later
#5744 4 years ago

Kinda surprised to see so many still around at so many dealers...this is such a good looking machine.

9 months later
#6876 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

To you guys that have owned this for a while, how are you liking it?

I have had my Le since end of Feb 2019. I have no plans on removing the bolts from the floor. Also, Zero issues to date. Very impressed with CGC.

#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve had mine for several years now. I don’t play it EVERY day any more, and yes the ball times can be short, but a longer game is really fulfilling. Set it to no ball save for maximum punishment!

Since this is the (MBR Owners Club) very interesting on having it for several years

very (resized).jpgvery (resized).jpg
#6882 4 years ago

Haha..I figured that, but just having a little fun..boring nite.

1 year later
#8021 2 years ago
Quoted from gb:

I haven't seen anything remotely like what you are showing. Your PF almost looks like the top layer is balsa! They clearly had a defective piece of plywood on your playfield.

Mine must be hard as hell..so happy! one of the very 1st , Feb 2019 del..going strong and didn't have to use vice grips either. (joke)..maybe lucky. I'll keep it.

1 year later
#8678 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I recently powdered an SE…. The rails are just screwed / bolted on. Super easy to take off / install.
I used Prismatic Powders Illusion Royal Blue I believe. Looked fantastic.
*dont forget the screws.

Looks nice. I'm glad you didn't do the door...it's just the right amount color.

#8686 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

does the Le have its door and hinges powder coated? I kinda want to PC my se as it feels better than the raw stainless steel

no. Only Legs, rails, lockdown bar.

Added 17 months ago:

Ha, Just legs and rails...lockdown bar is stainless. That is what happens when you drink and post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shinyball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=shinyball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.