(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 187.
#3351 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They should go back to silk screen. More true to the original and unlike anything you can get today!

Monster Bash wasn't silk screened.

LTG : )

#3352 5 years ago

I opted to cancel on my order for a MBrLE and get the SE.It shipped yesterday.The uncertainty of when the LE was going to be made and shipped was really the only factor for the switch. Melissa at Cointaker was very gracious, she though it should arrive in 2 days.

#3353 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I opted to cancel on my order for a MBrLE and get the SE.It shipped yesterday.The uncertainty of when the LE was going to be made and shipped was really the only factor for the switch. Melissa at Cointaker was very gracious, she though it should arrive in 2 days.

2 days....really? Is it shipped directly from the factory? My LE took over a week

#3354 5 years ago

No cracks in my corner decals. 500+ plays. Game is perfect.

#3355 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

2 days....really? Is it shipped directly from the factory? My LE took over a week

Maybe from Cointaker?

#3356 5 years ago

I got a message from CGC this morning....It only took them a few days to address my ticket....they were very cordial and understanding on the phone.

#3357 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I got a message from CGC this morning....It only took them a few days to address my ticket....they were very cordial and understanding on the phone.

what did they agree to do?

#3358 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

what did they agree to do?

sending me a new leg (Scratched power coating), a new side mirror (mine had scratches), along with a new cable for my topper....not sure yet what their gonna do about the cabinet yet?

#3359 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm curious to hear as well. I got a msg yesterday, but it was simply to "hang-tight ... we are working on your issue".

#3360 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

sending me a new leg (Scratched power coating), a new side mirror (mine had scratches), along with a new cable for my topper....not sure yet what their gonna do about the cabinet yet?

Ahhhh ... so, you are in the same boat as me on decals. I am super glad to hear that your other issues are handled!

#3361 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Ahhhh ... so, you are in the same boat as me on decals. I am super glad to hear that your other issues are handled!

No actually my decals are fine at the moment....I had an annoying cabinet issue on the upper right side....

IMG_1671 (resized).jpgIMG_1671 (resized).jpg
#3362 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No actually my decals are fine at the moment....I had an annoying cabinet issue on the upper right side....[quoted image]

That looks like a shipping issue...and probably not much CGC can do about it now, other than have you send it back and send another one.

#3363 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That looks like a shipping issue...and probably not much CGC can do about it now, other than have you send it back and send another one.

we'll find out soon, but I'm not happy about it.....if it was a shipping issue than thats the only issue I had....kind of an odd place to have an issue

#3364 5 years ago

What else does LE have over and above the SE?

Electric disc
Engraved front plaque
Topper

Mirror blades?
Shaker ?

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Electric disc
Engraved front plaque
Topper
Mirror blades?
Shaker ?

above + powder coating

#3366 5 years ago

Got my delivery scheduled for Sat. Ugh I wish I could take off work and get it tomorrow.

#3367 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Electric disc
Engraved front plaque
Topper
Mirror blades?
Shaker ?

2 year warranty

#3368 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Electric disc
Engraved front plaque
Topper
Mirror blades?
Shaker ?

Quoted from PtownPin:

above + powder coating

Quoted from Bublehead:

2 year warranty

All of the above

Aftermarket wise you can do everything to an SE that the LE has except the topper and extra year of warranty

Disc - $60
Shaker - $160
Mirror Blades or artwork instead - $90?
Powdercoating - $450
Plaque on LD Bar - no go
Topper - no go have to do a different one
Extra year warranty - no go

Price difference from SE to LE - $700

Wish the LE came with PDI or Invisiglass that would make the LE a no brainer IMHO. That being said I have thought many times about just doing the SE and moving on with life but still sticking with the LE as that is what the wife wants and you know how that saying goes.

#3369 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

All of the above
Aftermarket wise you can do everything to an SE that the LE has except the topper and extra year of warranty
Disc - $60
Shaker - $160
Mirror Blades or artwork instead - $90?
Powdercoating - $450
Plaque on LD Bar - no go
Topper - no go have to do a different one
Extra year warranty - no go
Price difference from SE to LE - $700
Wish the LE came with PDI or Invisiglass that would make the LE a no brainer IMHO. That being said I have thought many times about just doing the SE and moving on with life but still sticking with the LE as that is what the wife wants and you know how that saying goes.

Its kind of a no brainer when u do the math....I added Invisiglass to my LE....its awesome

#3370 5 years ago

Well my wait is looking like some ways into March now for my non matched LE. Just got a message from Joe at PinballStar that matching LE’s have not all been built, they will probably finish up in one and a half weeks then they start on unmatched, delivering per their distributor allotments in ~3 machine batches at a time to them. And none of it is written in anything but clay at the moment, but was current by an update from Ryan Tuesday, according to Joe. So my 2018 Christmas gift to myself is not even going to be my birthday present to myself on March 1st... or ~5 months from date of order? Geeze Louis!

I keep telling myself, patience, my son, but boy howdy, did I picked a bad week to stop smoking crack...

#3371 5 years ago

Don't forget this...for the LEs..adds value in my book.

Quoted from Doug_Duba:

It is a current industry wide practice to have higher standards on playfields going into more expensive LEs.
Subpar playfield are stripped and rescreened or discarded and not used in any model.
We have been making playfields since 1977 and assembling pinball machines for less than two years. Remarkably producing playfields still remains our biggest challenge.
Quality expectations of collectors greatly exceed those of the operators that originally purchased the games.
If I built a time machine and brought brand new Williams machines from 1998 to the present, they wouldn’t meet the expectations of some collectors.
We have three original Monster Bash playfields in house and there are significant variances between the three. We would have rejected one playfield and the other two would not meet our standards for an LE.
The playfield is the backbone of a pinball machine, it is perhaps the most important component. We are very focused on producing outstanding playfields.

#3372 5 years ago

Just put down a deposit for an LE. Can't wait!

#3373 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Price difference from SE to LE - $700.

My dealer told me $1000 difference

$8599
$7599 delivered

Time to find a new dealer?

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

$8599
$7599 delivered

That seems high... even delivered.

#3375 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

$8599
$7599 delivered

Yep. Ripoff.

#3376 5 years ago

I am paying $8300 delivered.

#3377 5 years ago

I have not decided to buy it yet. Will hopefully get to play this week along with Munsters to see how I like them.

#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

All of the above

Powdercoating - $450

Holy shit - $450!? Pretty high estimate - must have gold flecks. I've had games (legs, rails, lockdown bar, bolts, hinges) done for $150-$200 depending on color and finish.

#3379 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

$8599
$7599 delivered

Find a new distributor.....thats a rip off....the game is $8300 delivered....no more....maybe less for some folks?

#3380 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Holy shit - $450!? Pretty high estimate - must have gold flecks. I've had games (legs, rails, lockdown bar, bolts, hinges) done for $150-$200 depending on color and finish.

Price is too high, maybe with hardware. But only powdercoat job with color is not more then 200$

#3381 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Find a new distributor.....thats a rip off....the game is $8300 delivered....no more....maybe less for some folks?

I’ll fight that battle if I even decide to buy it. Depending on what I owe my Uncle Sam.

#3382 5 years ago

If anyone wants their SE powdercoated id gladly do it

#3383 5 years ago

I spoke with Ryan at CGC who is a really nice guy....we came up with a very reasonable solution on my cabinet along with the other minor things....very impressed with their customer service....

#3384 5 years ago

I’m was glad they were able to satisfy you @ptownpin, nice to hear positive customer satisfaction reports. My distributor said I should not decline delivery for decal cracks, because unless the damage is transport related, which CGC belives it is not, then refusing it will get it sent back to them, but they will charge your distributor for the delivery anyways. Good to know. I am expecting the resolution for cracked decals to be a set of decals, and maybe extended warranty coverage and/or cash rebate (discount) for your troubles. A mix of these I think could please everyone but the really anal retentive types. Then again a Blue Sharpie is less than a buck.

#3385 5 years ago

I am glad to be in the later runs whenever CT gets their non matching games in. But in the interests of safety I will still add brackets. Its obvious that for some reason a random number of these games have poorly connected joints. Better to be safe than sorry.

It is good to hear that CG is aware of the problem and searching for any potential sources of it.

#3386 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

man that's pretty extreme. Def your choice and totally understand your frustration but you might be kicking yourself down the road. These things will get ironed out, we'll get our games and everyone will move on. Would hate to sacrifice enjoying that LE goodness though just b/c of what's been documented in here thus far. Remember - these threads always represent the worst of the worst and there's many folks with perfect copies.

I mentioned I would be pissed if mine had these issues already but i'm confident in CGC to address it timely and would def not result in me changing course b/c of it.

#3387 5 years ago

I love this game... but I might be selling my SE... I’ve something else I may want to put my fun money into. Dunno... still mulling...

#3388 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes it was Cointaker

#3389 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I am glad to be in the later runs whenever CT gets their non matching games in. But in the interests of safety I will still add brackets. Its obvious that for some reason a random number of these games have poorly connected joints. Better to be safe than sorry.
It is good to hear that CG is aware of the problem and searching for any potential sources of it.

Where do you get that there are poorly connected joints? That’s a stretch and a half...

#3390 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I spoke with Ryan at CGC who is a really nice guy....we came up with a very reasonable solution on my cabinet along with the other minor things....very impressed with their customer service....

Ryan IS very nice. Are you at liberty to reveal what CGC is doing to help?

#3391 5 years ago

If mine arrives with cracked decals it’s going back for a refund or proper replacement.

#3392 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If mine arrives with cracked decals it’s going back for a refund or proper replacement.

From personal experience CgC will supply the decals but won’t pay for decal replacement. You’ll need to negotiate that with your importer. If he’s reasonable and values your business he’ll pay to have it done - since it’s about the same price of sending it back. Otherwise be prepared to be sending it back.

#3393 5 years ago

I had a dream last night that mine came. I opened the top of the box and inside was another box...I opened that box only to find a cracked and bunched decal...
I think I spend too much time on pinside!!

#3394 5 years ago

Sara called me yesterday and informed me that my MBLE is getting shipped today. She knew I was concerned about the cabinet issue and she called me first to make sure I was good on this one before they shipped it. She gave me the option to wait on another batch to be certain the game was produced with the new decal process they put in place. We assume the game was made this past week so I rolled the dice and went with the game available to me now. Even if it's a game produced the other way she said out of 100's of games they have sold she maybe had 2 or 3 decal splits like what we have seen as of late so I like those odds. Worst case I'll put a ticket in if it ends up with a split in the seem. I should have it mid week next week so I am very excited to finally have the game in the house! Really like PP and Sara has been great to deal with during this process.

#3395 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Forget powdercoating aftermarket- Pinball plating and more. Chrome it out. The true gold standard on Bally Williams style games...
Never been into BW with the powdercoat look.

#3396 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

#3397 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Sara called me yesterday and informed me that my MBLE is getting shipped today. She knew I was concerned about the cabinet issue and she called me first to make sure I was good on this one before they shipped it. She gave me the option to wait on another batch to be certain the game was produced with the new decal process they put in place. We assume the game was made this past week so I rolled the dice and went with the game available to me now. Even if it's a game produced the other way she said out of 100's of games they have sold she maybe had 2 or 3 decal splits like what we have seen as of late so I like those odds. Worst case I'll put a ticket in if it ends up with a split in the seem. I should have it mid week next week so I am very excited to finally have the game in the house! Really like PP and Sara has been great to deal with during this process.

Number matching?

#3398 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Number matching?

Non-number matching

#3399 5 years ago

My number matching LE will be delivered tomorrow afternoon! YAHHHHH

#3400 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Non-number matching

Well that's nice to hear!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.