C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 434.
#19201 2 years ago

ball speed and the resting angle of the left flipper dictate whether or not the ball will "guide itself" into the mystery scoop from my experience

#19202 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I like taking care of my game by keeping it clean and waxed ,plus I like how my game plays after a good cleaning and wax job.But I do miss making the Mystery scoop shot using a full plunge,on a freshly waxed playfield.
Does this happen to anyone else after waxing their playfield?
It usually takes three weeks of play before the full plunge to the mystery scoop works again. I hope this doesn't mean I should wax my playfield again

Happens from time to time on mine. Usually when doing the full plunge to try and hit the mystery scoop I nudge the machine upwards when the ball hits the flipper. Great for starting Crank it Up!

#19203 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Happens from time to time on mine. Usually when doing the full plunge to try and hit the mystery scoop I nudge the machine upwards when the ball hits the flipper. Great for starting Crank it Up!

I give it the same little nudge, a thing of beauty to watch. Lately I’ve been having a lot of success with using a micro flip on the right flipper to set up a backhand shot to the Mystery Scoop. It never gets old watching a backhand shot hit the mystery scoop.

#19204 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I give it the same little nudge, a thing of beauty to watch. Lately I’ve been having a lot of success with using a micro flip on the right flipper to set up a backhand shot to the Mystery Scoop. It never gets old watching a backhand shot hit the mystery scoop.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"1c8a65a9384dc4784597a910bdabd75e66aa8593-1632791262-1800"};
//]]>

I use this same strategy. Also use it to knock down drops in Walking Dead and AIQ and to shoot the saucer in Stranger Things and the scoop in Aerosmith or Guardians.

#19205 2 years ago

Had this happen a few times I get an extra ball it awards me it on the dmd and when I drain game ends no extra ball anyone have this happen cause it's definitely registered the hit

#19206 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Had this happen a few times I get an extra ball it awards me it on the dmd and when I drain game ends no extra ball anyone have this happen cause it's definitely registered the hit

Check your settings..maybe its set to zero and your just receiving points?!

#19207 2 years ago

What setting is that I looked thru them

#19208 2 years ago

Standard adjustment #16

#19209 2 years ago

I found it was set on no extra balls

#19210 2 years ago

Hey there. Me again. Board issue fixed all my issues but alas, a new one…

Noticed that even with all those other issues fixed now neither opto light for sparky nor the grave markers lights up. Initially I tried switching them around on the board below per another post I read, with no change.

I have since replaced the opto board. No change.

I then replaced all 4 optos and wires. No change.

Before this started I have the alert pictured below. I still have the same alert. Grave marker alert has not ever shown but the opto doesnt work.

What’s my next move? Again, I’ve replaced the entire Sparky coil/kit to solve a previous issue.

Every thing else in the game works fine.

F943A8D7-E6BD-42FC-AC13-309D204CA0DA (resized).jpegF943A8D7-E6BD-42FC-AC13-309D204CA0DA (resized).jpeg
#19211 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think I'm going to do just that. I have a roll of the real thin stuff that comes with the mirror blades.

Carpet tape.

Rob

#19212 2 years ago

Well, I quit the club this morning, moved out my HUO Met LE MoP and making way for a Godzilla Premium. It was fun while it lasted.

ATT00001 (resized).jpgATT00001 (resized).jpg
#19213 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Well, I quit the club this morning, moved out my HUO Met LE MoP and making way for a Godzilla Premium. It was fun while it lasted.
[quoted image]

Met for a Godzilla.... to each his own, but that would be the kind of thing that would wake me up in a cold sweat ,knowing my Met was gone

#19214 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Met for a Godzilla.... to each his own, but that would be the kind of thing the would wake me up in a cold sweat nightly, knowing my Met was gone

I feel the same way, a known awesome game for an unknown....

#19215 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

[quoted image]

Good luck!!

#19216 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

[quoted image]

tuff decision! One of the best Sterns of the decade beside a lot of weak titles.
Hard to believe that you couldn't pick another pin of your large (22) collection.

#19217 2 years ago

Insane!!!!!

Quoted from pinzrfun:Well, I quit the club this morning, moved out my HUO Met LE MoP and making way for a Godzilla Premium. It was fun while it lasted.
[quoted image]

#19218 2 years ago

Wow! Each to their own. An LE MoP…I have turned over many pins, but never my Met…and mine is not an LE MoP. Hope they paid an incredible price.

#19219 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

anyone know where to buy metallica and star trek coin door sticker/decal ?

Lemme look. I may have both.

#19220 2 years ago

Money talks but several go before MET Roadcase.

#19221 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

[quoted image]

A true Metallica fan is very happy today! What did you sell it for, if you don't mind sharing? I'm curious what the MOPLEs are going for these days.

#19222 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

[quoted image]

I traded my MET Premium for a MB LE and then regretted it. Sold the MB LE and bought back a fully loaded MET Premium, so was very happy to now have the colordmd, topper and pinstadium lighting for no extra cost

#19223 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Met for a Godzilla.... to each his own, but that would be the kind of thing that would wake me up in a cold sweat ,knowing my Met was gone

Wasn't that big a deal, and I was into the band before anyone knew who they were. If I miss it I'll crank some Metallica and go play AFM or Stern Star Trek or another fan layout with a bash toy. Hell, if i REALLY miss it I'll go buy another one, but that's not gonna happen. It had less than 400 plays. Just didn't do it for us. To each his own, as you said.

Loved Godzilla as a kid, and the layout and mechs look incredible, totally different than anything we have. No regrets.

#19224 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

tuff decision! One of the best Sterns of the decade beside a lot of weak titles.
Hard to believe that you couldn't pick another pin of your large (22) collection.

I disagree with you on both "Sterns best" and "a lot of weak titles" but that's neither here nor there. We like them, that's all that matters.

And sure, I COULD have picked another one....I picked the one we didn't want anymore.

Dang, guys, it's not like I quit pinball to take up knitting, I just sold a game. Put down the pitchforks and torches LOL

#19225 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I disagree with you on both "Sterns best" and "a lot of weak titles" but that's neither here nor there. We like them, that's all that matters.
And sure, I COULD have picked another one....I picked the one we didn't want anymore.
Dang, guys, it's not like I quit pinball to take up knitting, I just sold a game. Put down the pitchforks and torches LOL

C'mon. You had to expect it posting this in the met club! Traitor!!

#19226 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

C'mon. You had to expect it posting this in the met club! Traitor!!

LOL! I shall never darken your doorstep again!!

Party on, guys!

#19227 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Dude you sell a MOPLE, gotta expect a
little banter and ribbing out the door.
All good. This is one of the most loyal clubs on Pinside and for good reason.

#19228 2 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

Lemme look. I may have both.

let me know

#19229 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Wasn't that big a deal, and I was into the band before anyone knew who they were. If I miss it I'll crank some Metallica and go play AFM or Stern Star Trek or another fan layout with a bash toy. Hell, if i REALLY miss it I'll go buy another one, but that's not gonna happen. It had less than 400 plays. Just didn't do it for us. To each his own, as you said.
Loved Godzilla as a kid, and the layout and mechs look incredible, totally different than anything we have. No regrets.

Yea ... you had to know you might get a little backlash on this one, I do hope Godzilla gives you the pleasure as much as the Met did, or obviously more, since yours is gone.....and in the so often used words of Arnold, you may one day say.... I'll Be Back............ MET ROCKS !!!

#19230 2 years ago

It's effing METLE. There was not Master of Puppets pro, prem or Le(MOPPro, MOPPRE,MOPLE) I don't care what Stern called it back then ha. It's METLE.

Only 400 plays, that's redonk..

#19231 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Only 400 plays, that's redonk..

Looks like he sold the right machine .

#19232 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

[quoted image]

I will be joining the group , upgraded from a pro to an LE. I had to engineer a three way trade to get his game and it will be in my possession soon. Delt31 purchased it and picked it up and he will trade it to me when I receive Godzilla LE. Don preferred the premium art package and didn’t want the Godzilla LE. So cash was king.

#19233 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks like he sold the right machine .

Congrats !!!

#19234 2 years ago

Made this shooter for my JJP GnR but find it fits Tallica LE much better

20211003_214517 (resized).jpg20211003_214517 (resized).jpg
#19235 2 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Made this shooter for my JJP GnR but find it fits Tallica LE much better
[quoted image]

I have a lighter just like that.

#19236 2 years ago

I'm trying to figure out the relationship between Michael Jacksons glove and a Metallica pin

#19237 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm trying to figure out the relationship between Michael Jacksons glove and a Metallica pin

Well, look past the silver…it’s a middle finger in the air…almost as iconic in rock as the Dio
Horns.

#19238 2 years ago

I actually just converted the last of my pins back to standard Stern plungers. Much nicer on the hand than the zombie and pirate heads they replaced.

#19239 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Anybody have a part number for this stainless guide from a Metallica Pro? The studs on mine are bent and causing it to lean in on the captive ball. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Left ball guide # 535-0676-08
Right ball guide # 535-0676-09

#19240 2 years ago

Anybody know where to buy a plastic set?

#19241 2 years ago

Trying to install a trough light - need to find a bayonet styleGI - all of mine are the wedge base. Any guidance?

#19242 2 years ago

Well if anyone else has METLE that wants to trade for a Godzilla LE I’ll give up my Godzilla.
I have a pro Refinary and it’s one of my favorite pins. I grew up with Metallica and still live the music.

#19243 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Well if anyone else has METLE that wants to trade for a Godzilla LE I’ll give up my Godzilla.
I have a pro Refinary and it’s one of my favorite pins. I grew up with Metallica and still live the music.

Looking forward to playing Godzilla. I don't think I've ever seen a Godzilla movie,but the game looks like fun.

#19244 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Trying to install a trough light - need to find a bayonet styleGI - all of mine are the wedge base. Any guidance?

Slings or Lane guides should all be bayonet. Which version of MET do you have?

#19245 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Slings or Lane guides should all be bayonet. Which version of MET do you have?

I have a 2018 Pro Led version I bought used. The lane guides are all the wedge style. It has the ultimate light show mod installed (not too sure exactly what that is) and I don’t see any bayonet GI’s.

#19246 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I have a 2018 Pro Led version I bought used. The lane guides are all the wedge style. It has the ultimate light show mod installed (not too sure exactly what that is) and I don’t see any bayonet GI’s.

The bulbs under the sling shots and along the flippers are all #44 style bulbs, also on the outside. Stern didn’t change lighting design across games, just switched to led bulbs. Circled areas contain 44 bulbs.

A8559FE4-98D7-4EC7-B967-B5776043D06B (resized).jpegA8559FE4-98D7-4EC7-B967-B5776043D06B (resized).jpeg

#19247 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The bulbs under the sling shots and along the flippers are all #44 style bulbs, also on the outside. Stern didn’t change lighting design across games, just switched to led bulbs. Circled areas contain 44 bulbs.
[quoted image]

Appreciate you chiming in - all of those locations on my machine are all wedge style. I can’t find any bayonets. Perhaps my game was modded w wedge style for some reason.

#19248 2 years ago
E6F75C49-F75A-494A-B41E-0E3DE56471ED (resized).jpegE6F75C49-F75A-494A-B41E-0E3DE56471ED (resized).jpeg
#19249 2 years ago

My early (2013) pro model has bayonet slings and wedge lanes.

IMG_0192 (resized).jpgIMG_0192 (resized).jpg

#19250 2 years ago

Looks like my game was modded and this trough light isn’t compatible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 149.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/385?hl=steve_d71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.