C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 386 of 434.
#19251 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Looks like my game was modded and this trough light isn’t compatible.

Where did you get the trough light?

I have a later run led version and I have 44s under the slings.

PXL_20211009_135318009 (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_135318009 (resized).jpg
#19252 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Looks like my game was modded and this trough light isn’t compatible.

Is it using a matrix style connector like comet sells? If so you can get wedge bases for those. You can also get them with lights or without. Pretty handy stuff.

#19253 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Where did you get the trough light?
I have a later run led version and I have 44s under the slings.[quoted image]

From you - Lermods - through mezelmods
9558C835-DD2E-4117-8068-830F97195CD2 (resized).jpeg9558C835-DD2E-4117-8068-830F97195CD2 (resized).jpeg
I’m not too well versed in the tech as I’m still learning. I do know there are two different styles - wedge and bayonet. There are no bayonet style led’s anywhere on my playfield.

#19254 2 years ago

I don't know how every machine went off the line, but Stern games commonly use bayonet bulb sockets. That is why the trough mod you bought likely uses those. Maybe your light show mod changed some things out.

Anyways, comet has a quick fix for you too. Plus their matrix parts make a bunch of this easy to DIY.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects

#19255 2 years ago

Appreciate the response. I just found a set of alligator clips from another mod from them that I didn’t use. Gonna see if that will work

#19256 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Appreciate the response. I just found a set of alligator clips from another mod from them that I didn’t use. Gonna see if that will work

I’ve never run across any game that had 555 style bulbs under the slings or really in any GI socket. Sounds like you got it resolved, but we could have sent you a matrix type 555 adapter too. Lmk if you still need it. Btw, when we sell through Mezelmods, they ask us to use the matrix style, though our website, we supply alligator clips. The problem with the matrix set up is that you kind of need to know the color that each game uses, some use cool, some use warm and there are others where the gi light is colored. For this reason, we prefer to use alligator clips as they are more universal.

#19257 2 years ago

You guys are great. Appreciate the responses - got it working using my alligator clips.

#19258 2 years ago

My first-run MET Pro has wedge GI sockets (555) everywhere except under the slings, which are bayonet (44).

1 week later
#19259 2 years ago

When I turned on my MET Pre a couple of weeks ago, all of my settings (including free play) and all of the high scores were gone. I assumed it was the battery, but I never lost the settings over the next two weeks... I bought a new battery, replaced it, and tested the original with my multimeter, and it still showed 3v, so... I'm confused, any idea what happened? Anything to be concerned with?

#19260 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

When I turned on my MET Pre a couple of weeks ago, all of my settings (including free play) and all of the high scores were gone. I assumed it was the battery, but I never lost the settings over the next two weeks... I bought a new battery, replaced it, and tested the original with my multimeter, and it still showed 3v, so... I'm confused, any idea what happened? Anything to be concerned with?

Is it possible there is a setting to reset high scores every so many games?

#19261 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is it possible there is a setting to reset high scores every so many games?

That wouldn't reset the settings though, would it?

#19262 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That wouldn't reset the settings though, would it?

Oooh.... Missed that part

#19263 2 years ago

Just a quick update. I have posted recently regarding my MANY Sparky related issues. It seems that alot of them were caused by optos that were misaligned and triggering Sparky to go nuts during vibration. My machine seem to be just the slightest bit off where the holes were drilled for the opto lights causing them not to line up properly and therefore it is easy to trigger sparky unintentionally.

I have corrected the issue by manipulating the alignment of these optos with a lot of trial and error involved. multiple tear downs and readjusting. I've put about 30 games on it with no issues. However, I have not plugged in the shaker again yet out of fear of another misalignment.

Just wanted to pass this on incase anyone here has "unsolvable" sparky issues in the future. Wasn't the board, the coil, the optos themselvs, but just slightly off alignment probably caused by a shaker motor.

Thanks to all for suggestions and advice. Now I can actually rock this machine after 2 months of it sitting as a paperweight.

#19264 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

you didn't happen to upgrade the firmware, did you? that would wipe all of your settings and high scores

#19265 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Did it say factory settings reset on bootup? I don't know if Stern does that like B/W games. My guess is something went wrong with battery and at some point it failed. I wouldn't be worried about it unless it happens again with fresh battery.

#19266 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you didn't happen to upgrade the firmware, did you? that would wipe all of your settings and high scores

Nope, haven't updated since the latest came out.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Did it say factory settings reset on bootup? I don't know if Stern does that like B/W games. My guess is something went wrong with battery and at some point it failed. I wouldn't be worried about it unless it happens again with fresh battery.

I didn't see any message, it just said insert coin. Just weird that the battery still shows 3v.

Also was surprised that my settings and (new) high scores weren't lost when I replaced the battery (with the power off).

I'll chalk all this up to a ghost in the machine and carry on.

#19267 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Nope, haven't updated since the latest came out.

I didn't see any message, it just said insert coin. Just weird that the battery still shows 3v.
Also was surprised that my settings and (new) high scores weren't lost when I replaced the battery (with the power off).
I'll chalk all this up to a ghost in the machine and carry on.

Lithium batteries like this don't drop voltage linearly like alkalines do. A worn battery may still read 3v yet not be able to provide enough current under the small load and can drop out just long enough to reset.

#19268 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Lithium batteries like this don't drop voltage linearly like alkalines do. A worn battery may still read 3v yet not be able to provide enough current under the small load and can drop out just long enough to reset.

Thank you for that! Seems like it makes the most sense in this case, especially since I never replaced the battery and have had the machine for several years (and it was used before that).

#19269 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Thank you for that! Seems like it makes the most sense in this case, especially since I never replaced the battery and have had the machine for several years (and it was used before that).

I bought my LE NIB, so the battery is old. Is it a special type, I should probably change it, or do people just wait until it dies?

#19270 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I bought my LE NIB, so the battery is old. Is it a special type, I should probably change it, or do people just wait until it dies?

Should probably just get rid of the whole game. I can pick it up and bring you a nice premium with a fresh battery and save you the trouble.

#19271 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It's a 2430 coin battery.

#19272 2 years ago

Speaking of batteries, how long do stock ones last? My game is off most of the time and have had a for a long time now.

#19273 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Speaking of batteries, how long do stock ones last? My game is off most of the time and have had a for a long time now.

I think they say the battery is good for 5 years. I've had my MET Pre for 4 years, and it was used before that, so not sure how old the battery was. Mine is off most of the time too.

#19274 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Should probably just get rid of the whole game. I can pick it up and bring you a nice premium with a fresh battery and save you the trouble.

Dream on buddy! This pin was my entrance into Pinball as a man-child. I now have Halloween on order, but never envisioned playing pinball tournaments and METLE #199 isn't going anywhere...

#19275 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The shelf life of a lithium battery is about ten years although I've seen them last over 15 years. If you start relying on it by unplugging the machine it'll drain faster.

#19276 2 years ago

Finally back in the club! I have a quick question for anyone who might know just because I am curious…my Met prem has dirty donnys autograph on the translite and was bought nib like this. The previous owner diddnt realize it was there until it was pointed out to him. So does anyone have any recollection of dirty Donny signing a few of these for distributors? I’m aware of the other limited run where he painted the figures but this one is stock except for the translite.

36B12984-8570-4E8B-897A-1552324CD08B (resized).jpeg36B12984-8570-4E8B-897A-1552324CD08B (resized).jpeg
#19277 2 years ago

Hmm…good question as it is possible but I also know Dirty Donny did a ton of shows and signed tons of stuff over the years. Don’t recall that any were advertised as signed by him NIB. There was a time when Stern was adding Surprises with NIB games. Signed stuff or other trinkets if I remember correctly. There was a thread discussing it but seemed only a few people shared if they received anything extra. It wasn’t Metallica specific but just random NIB games if I remember correct.

#19278 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Hmm…good question as it is possible but I also know Dirty Donny did a ton of shows and signed tons of stuff over the years. Don’t recall that any were advertised as signed by him NIB. There was a time when Stern was adding Surprises with NIB games. Signed stuff or other trinkets if I remember correctly. There was a thread discussing it but seemed only a few people shared if they received anything extra. It wasn’t Metallica specific but just random NIB games if I remember correct.

Cool thanks! I doubt I’ll ever know for sure but it was a pleasant surprise to a mint game.

#19279 2 years ago

My translite is signed by DD as well but the previous owner took it to an event where he was signing books or comic art i believe.

#19280 2 years ago

My also, I think there is a lot of signed translites out there.

#19281 2 years ago

Donnie has been to at least a few SFGE shows, but I never thought to get my MET or AS translites signed. I did buy some great posters from him though.

#19282 2 years ago

Added lighted flippers.

369006F7-4B58-4552-8262-3392058C6083 (resized).jpeg369006F7-4B58-4552-8262-3392058C6083 (resized).jpegAA99801B-975A-4343-85C0-2D3374CB91EE (resized).jpegAA99801B-975A-4343-85C0-2D3374CB91EE (resized).jpeg
#19283 2 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Finally back in the club! I have a quick question for anyone who might know just because I am curious…my Met prem has dirty donnys autograph on the translite and was bought nib like this. The previous owner diddnt realize it was there until it was pointed out to him. So does anyone have any recollection of dirty Donny signing a few of these for distributors? I’m aware of the other limited run where he painted the figures but this one is stock except for the translite.
[quoted image]

Could it be one of the Dirty Donny Premium edition versions? As your toys don't look painted, guess not. But it did come with the signed translite.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#19284 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Could it be one of the Dirty Donny Premium edition versions? As your toys don't look painted, guess not. But it did come with the signed translite.
[quoted image]

Yeah it’s not one of those but I’m wondering if he did a few translites at the same time those were released.

#19285 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Added lighted flippers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like them! Looks good without the spotlight on the slings, but is your playfield darker in the middle?

#19286 2 years ago

nm

#19287 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like them! Looks good without the spotlight on the slings, but is your playfield darker in the middle?

Not with those rail lights. But stock it is very dark.

#19288 2 years ago

I drug my LE backglass to the TPF that Dirty Donny appeared at back in like 2014 or 2015, just to have him autograph it. Got him and Borg on there at that show in gold Sharpie. There were several that brought their translite and had him sign it that weekend.

#19289 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Not with those rail lights. But stock it is very dark.

AH, that’s what I was missing. Yeah that looks great.

#19290 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My game is lit up like a Xmas tree by setting the intensity to 70 plus percent. All I did was beef up the bridge rectifier so no strobing would occur

#19291 2 years ago

So my fluorescent bulb In my back box was starting to go out recently and I’d have to wiggle it a tad for it to go on steady. Then a couple days ago it went completely out. My new one arrived yesterday and I Popped it in and it won’t light up. Is there something I’m missing or a way to troubleshoot? Driving me nuts!

#19292 2 years ago

Could it be the starter for the strip
light that’s blown..

#19293 2 years ago

Thank you - I have No clue on this stuff. I’ll take a look back there after work today.

#19294 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Could it be the starter for the strip
light that’s blown..

I hade the same issue on mine (bought the light first) and it was the starter - you can get them on Amazon super inexpensive

#19295 2 years ago

If you have a moment, Any links to Amazon would be greatly appreciated

#19296 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Or Pinball Life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-fs-2-fluorescent-light-starter.html

#19297 2 years ago

A ha! I’ll give it a go - Thank you very much.

#19298 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

You can get them at home Depot or Lowes too. Just bring the one from your game to match it up. It twists off.

#19299 2 years ago

You all are the best! Appreciate the tips.

#19300 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

You all are the best! Appreciate the tips.

I bypass the tube. Go to Walmart, buy a $5 LED strip light, install in cabinet, plug into service outlet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 386 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/386 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.