C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 434.
#19051 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I reached out to the guy and he's going to ask the guy that had it I'm going to try and trace the lines tonight a d see if I can figure out it out was just hoping someone else would have had whatever this is lol

hopefully its for interactive lighting

#19052 2 years ago

It has to be cause the 2 its on is the lighting

#19053 2 years ago

Maybe related to the factory LED model change over?

#19054 2 years ago

Maybe 2015 is the build date have to ask someone if there's looks like that

#19055 2 years ago

Those boards are stock on the LED Pro models, mine has them too. They must be for anti-ghosting or flickering of the inserts due to using LEDs from the factory.

#19056 2 years ago

Oh okay thanks my other metalica was from 13 so it didn't have them they have the spinner mod on them I'm going to have to see where they hook to under the playfield cause right now they don't do anything

#19057 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I reached out to the guy and he's going to ask the guy that had it I'm going to try and trace the lines tonight a d see if I can figure out it out was just hoping someone else would have had whatever this is lol

Hey man.I know where Belle Chase is! I used to live in Gretna!

#19058 2 years ago

Yea I'm the only one around here into pinball lol

#19059 2 years ago

I'm only 2000 miles and a closed border away or I'd come flip with ya

#19060 2 years ago

I guess there is nowhere to get the sparky helmet El wire from anymore I had it on my first metallica

#19061 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I guess there is nowhere to get the sparky helmet El wire from anymore I had it on my first metallica

Yes sadly it’s no where to be found,,, Mezel Mods had it for a number of years,,, they pop up on Ebay off and on , but sell immediately.

#19062 2 years ago

Yea I should have kept mine last time anyone have that cemetery mod from them I'm starting over again modding first time was definitely easier

#19063 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Yea I should have kept mine last time anyone have that cemetery mod from them I'm starting over again modding first time was definitely easier

If your talking about the flashing cemetery mod thats over the drop targets, Mezel Mods still has that

#19064 2 years ago

Okay thanks anyone habe the flipper fidelity speakers u have then on high or low what's the best setting for them or do u just play around with the speech and music in the settings

#19065 2 years ago

It looks like something to reduce LED flicker, for a game that came with incandescent originally (as all the wooden backbox versions did).

#19066 2 years ago

Yes it's a 2015 build date someone told me that's it's the led version they all have that I installed flipper fidelity but might have to go in the settings and mess with I some not hearing a big improvement yet

#19067 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Yes it's a 2015 build date someone told me that's it's the led version they all have that I installed flipper fidelity but might have to go in the settings and mess with I some not hearing a big improvement yet

I would highly recommend the Pinwoofer Super Kit instead of the Flipper Fidelity Speaker upgrade. Not that the Flipper Fidelity speakers aren’t ok , but ok is about the only sound up grade you’ll get out of them… If you want Crystal Clear Sound , and nice deep base ,,, get the Pinwoofer Kit ,,, it’s a must for Met or any other music pin , or any pin for that matter

#19068 2 years ago

Damn I already have it on mine

#19069 2 years ago

I gues I could move it to my high speed 2 and buy the other cause in mot impressed at all inless I need to to adjust the speech and music adjustments on metallica

#19070 2 years ago

I personally like to install an external sub with the upgraded backbox speakers. Too much bass coming from the cabinet speaker will make things vibrate. I have a number of external subs for my collection and really think its the best way to go.

#19071 2 years ago

I'm not hearing much bass at all though I have to turn the machine up over halfway to hear hardly anything

#19072 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I'm not hearing much bass at all though I have to turn the machine up over halfway to hear hardly anything

Exactly. This is why having the cabinet speaker with a separate amp or external sub helps. This way you can independently control the bass volume.

#19073 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Damn I already have it on mine

I had Flipper Fidelity in my Met with an external powered subwoofer and the sound was ok. I switched to Pinwoofer and now the sound is amazing. Night and day difference. I even unhooked the external sub as it is just not necessary with Pinwoofer. I am sure Flipper Fidelity are good speakers, but the Pinwoofer amps make all the difference.

#19074 2 years ago

I'm going to reach out to flipper fidelity tomorrow if they can't help me tune it in I guess I will put it in high speed and buy pinball pro

#19075 2 years ago

I just rebuild my drop targets I noticed if I hit then hard the first one will not go down but it I hit it soft it will go down

#19076 2 years ago

I have a Pinwoofer Kit in both my Met and ACDC and the only things that vibrate are my windows,,,, and dishes and glasses in my kitchen

Quoted from insight75:

I personally like to install an external sub with the upgraded backbox speakers. Too much bass coming from the cabinet speaker will make things vibrate. I have a number of external subs for my collection and really think its the best way to go.

#19077 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

I have a Pinwoofer Kit in both my Met and ACDC and the only things that vibrate are my windows,,,, and dishes and glasses in my kitchen

Hey that's fair. I'm sure you are getting lots of bass from that pinwoofer..... Here is the speaker I'm using for my external sub......

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#19078 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hey that's fair. I'm sure you are getting lots of bass from that pinwoofer..... Here is the speaker I'm using for my external sub......
[quoted image]

mines bigger

#19079 2 years ago

mines bigger</blockqu I think I can hear you playing from here

#19080 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

[quoted image]

Ok.... you win...actually that would be sweet !!

#19081 2 years ago

Could someone tell me what the red light special in the outlanes awards you?
I see it a lot,but I never drained in the outlane that had the red light special lit.

#19082 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I see it a lot,but I never drained in the outlane that had the red light special lit.

You can pick in the menu what special awards. .. on mine it's an extra ball.

#19083 2 years ago

Thank you

#19084 2 years ago

My right back panel the flasher socket came apart trying to find a part number to order another one. They have 4 flashers back there and now with 3 it does look good

#19085 2 years ago

I meant it doesn't look good when they flash definitely can tell

#19086 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Default setting is usually free game.

#19087 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Default setting is usually free game.

Thanks,I'm glad I didn't drain to find that out. The only thing I hate about Metallica is the noise the machine makes when you win a free game! It made me jump out of my skin when it want off. I disabled that the first week I had the game.

#19088 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks,I'm glad I didn't drain to find that out. The only thing I hate about Metallica is the noise the machine makes when you win a free game! It made me jump out of my skin when it want off. I disabled that the first week I had the game.

I love it! Especially when someone isn't expecting it.

#19089 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I love it! Especially when someone isn't expecting it.

I too enjoy that noise,my son dont.

#19090 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

The first thing I do on any Stern game is to replace that awful shriek noise with a real knocker.

#19091 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

My right back panel the flasher socket came apart trying to find a part number to order another one. They have 4 flashers back there and now with 3 it does look good

Looks like this one will work.
https://www.pinballlife.com/bayonet-base-2-lead-socket-with-laydown-mounting-bracket-for-89-bulbs.html

backboard (resized).JPGbackboard (resized).JPG
#19092 2 years ago

Thanks that's the one

#19094 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The first thing I do on any Stern game is to replace that awful shriek noise with a real knocker.

I'm waiting to see if kawydud can make a kit... I've done that with all of my Spike games though.

#19095 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I posted one in this thread a few pages back. Made my own. Was super easy. I 3D designed and printed the helmet adapter and just bought the EL wire off Amazon. Was like $9?

#19096 2 years ago

Blue skies, green hay, life is good, metallica on the radio "and nothing else matters"

#19097 2 years ago

So you really are a hay farmer! Nice!

#19098 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

So you really are a hay farmer! Nice!

Why would anyone pretend to be a farmer? They'd be crazy!

#19099 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Blue skies, green hay, life is good, metallica on the radio "and nothing else matters"

Pretty cool how it’s all lined up and systematic. Slow n steady wins the race!

#19100 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Why would anyone pretend to be a farmer? They'd be crazy!

Totally fair......I don't always think about folks pinsider names.....so that just opened my eyes a bit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 25.50
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 382 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/382 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.