51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7243 Magnet removal Posted by xTheBlackKnightx (7 years ago)

Post #8935 Buzzing flippers fix Posted by j_m_ (7 years ago)

Post #19696 Fixing random drop targets dropping Posted by swampfire (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

514 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yzfguy. You are on page 1 of 3.
#4370 8 years ago

oh, mannnn...I was psyched.

2 weeks later
#4459 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

You never know... Somebody might come up with a way to do it. Hell, they might even do it for free

I just got a little movement

#4475 8 years ago

wow....I didnt know they were out for distribution already....

#4487 8 years ago

what is the general consensus on colordmd mode that looks best on MET?

1 week later
#4550 8 years ago

Matt McKee
IMG_20150905_224343_708.jpgIMG_20150905_224343_708.jpg

2 weeks later
#4652 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Anyone get any Premiums delivered recently?

Glad you are as antsy as me!

1 week later
#4716 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Also I finally replaced my Newton block with a Newton ball... I see nothing but upside from that decision, looks and plays better. In fact now I wonder why Borg put the block on the Premium/LE considering that the Newton ball didn't appear to decrease the ball capture rate in the slightest.

I am still waiting for my game, and have a Newton ball waiting in my pile 'mods to install. Just wondering what exactly the benefits are. From what I gather, less ball abuse, but are there gameplay benefits?

#4748 8 years ago

Is that 95 bucks for 2 LEDs or a new snake head with eyes installed?

#4752 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Is there another apron decal I can buy that doesn't have the seizure warning on it?

1445469543089.jpg

If you find one, don't come crying to me when you have a seizure!

#4762 8 years ago

It's a square opening with a round black plug in it.

#4764 8 years ago

I have never cared about the tournament mode, so I haven't checked for a button or in the settings yet. I will take a look tomorrow morning, perhaps a button is in the goodie bag but I would have expected to see it in the coinbox if it were included.

#4766 8 years ago

I believe it is the recent location for the tournament button, rather than on the lockdown bar. I dislike the hole in the cab also, but I hate the hole in the lockdown bar too . I replaced my POTC lockdown bar with a solid one.

#4782 8 years ago

Anyone else blinded by the flashers behind the cross before the cross comes up? I had to make a little plexi shield with blue gel on it to tint/darken it or my eyes actually hurt after a few games

#4789 8 years ago

In progress mod.....ya tease!

#4825 8 years ago

Butch..I figured mine out. It was the cliffy on the left.I had to slightly enlarge the hole to allow it to move over towards the ball trough a teeny bit. If you watch as the ball launches, it was sticking out just enough so that the ball rattles a little as it is launched. Since I moved it , works perfectly.

#4846 8 years ago

Man...if I had a roadcase I would be on the list for that!

#4886 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Can you tell us all about your new mod? As with anything you touch pinball wise, it seems to turn into a bad ass edition! I cant wait to see all you did on Aliens.

SERIOUSLY! I get punished enough for living in Jersey....now this?!

#4898 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My LE had 3 on the right and 3 on the left before I took them out for a project, I'm sure it's the same.

Oooohhhhh!!!

Quoted from Butch2099:

Switch adjusted, working properly now. Thanks!

Cool I can't stop playing mine!

#4901 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh. IS THAT A CLUE?

If only there were such a thing as a pre-pre-order .....

2 weeks later
#4948 8 years ago

You wish!

#4981 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The rising cross is cool, but of all the features on my LE it's definitely the least important to me.

It clears the ball when it gets stuck on top of that plastic as it rises during ball search...cool and functional!

#4987 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Never once seen this. Is that common on the pro's?

I think the only reason the plastic is cut away, allowing a stuck ball, is so the cross can rise

#4997 8 years ago

Nice! I'm gonna have to paint my eyes now!

#5010 8 years ago

Still in the honeymoon phase at about a month.....600 games and my 10 year old put up 221mil tonight!

#5018 8 years ago

They are. I have grown to like it..IMG_20151020_012645052.jpgIMG_20151020_012645052.jpg

#5033 8 years ago

I don't believe the chair moves. Pretty sure it is a small coil in the back that moves sparky's torso. Maybe one of the wires came loose?

#5037 8 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Sparky is fixed! Thanks for the advice fellas. His head was stuck to the chair. Simple push on his head released it.

Awesome! Those are the good kinda fixes!

#5040 8 years ago

I think the settings are opposite...change it around so it is at 1

#5049 8 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Snake mods just started shipping today. As for the tail we already have something special in the works. If all works out well you will have a 3D tail that you can attach at the end of the ramp or at the end of the wire frame. If you take a look at our posted photos you will notice that we custom painted our wire frame green/black to give the illusion that the entire wire frame is the snake too.

So it will be available separately? A tail sale, so to speak?

#5093 8 years ago

Ooooh..I am doing that!/ running out of ideas, and it will take them forever to find that!

#5097 8 years ago

The sticker says six?!
That was your only problem. 4 is correct

#5107 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

That looks more like a sperm than a snake!

Man...if that's what yours look like, get a vasectomy....today!

#5130 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you'd paid $4500 like me, you might be a little less disappointed.

He'd also be stuck with a pro!

#5153 8 years ago

I would love the "casket multiball" call out and "lock four balls" call out to be corrected.

#5155 8 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Code, be it in pinballa or computer software, ifls by its very nature in a form of beta testing when exposed to the public. Expecting "finished" or "complete" code isn't realistic, in my opinion. Revisions, additions and corrections are part of the process- unless you prefer ample, basic code.

Well said

#5181 8 years ago

I like the green too. Guessing in real life it looks more like the first photo rather than shrek like in the second.

#5217 8 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I've been playing the hell out of my Prem since I unboxed it. I bet there are fewer than 10 plays total on my other games since unboxing a month ago. I'm starting to learn some of the rules and figure out some of the shots. Grand Champ score is just over 200 mil now but I often get a game less than 5 mil.
Question: Is there an actual lock light for the coffin lock? A voice says lock is lit but I don't see anything lit, of course I may be missing it too.

Same here! I played AFM for the first time in a month yesterday and it felt sooo weird. I wired an led inside the hammer connected to the coffin flashers...you can't miss it now !

#5242 8 years ago

I recently got a NIB prem and put cliffy scoop protector,magnet protector rings ,shooter lane protector and rollover drop protector on the first night I had it.

#5280 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Need some help installed a shaker and found this wire none of my other sterns have this wire that im aware of feeling kinda stumped

image.jpeg

I believe mine is unused , as I have a Cointaker shaker....I think if you use a stern shaker it uses that.

#5318 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'm 5"6 so ill try the plastic before I stick on the decal. Height is why I likely hate the hammer so and tricked my pro to have almost everything the premium offers minus the snack jaw and hammer lock.

I want a snack jaw!!

#5323 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

My MET Premium has about 100+ differences than stock, maybe I will make a video.
Some changes are internal including PCB boards, and items such as a real knocker installed in the lower cabinet.
There was already too much going in the backbox, and it is the new metal version. I am not drilling any more holes in it, like I had to do for my custom topper.

I felt like a psycho...within an hour of opening the box I was drilling holes for the topper

1 week later
#5384 8 years ago

Since getting Met, the music has grown on me and it does fit the game. I am leaving mine as is.

#5411 8 years ago

Snake mod finally got here. Love it. Definitely cannot see the top rollover lane inserts, but I think it's a fair trade-off. I also took the heat gun route, and heated it to raise up in the back to meet the ramp.

IMG_20160102_203620877_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_203620877_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160102_203615021_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_203615021_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160102_203609199_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_203609199_(resized).jpg

#5413 8 years ago

And a fine hammer it is . I was considering painting that silver metal piece by the top fangs and the one under the bottom jaw black just to make them kinda disappear. Would regular model paint stick on that metal?

#5507 8 years ago

All this talk about subs is making me hungry.

#5637 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you can just double nut it.

That's what SHE said.

1 week later
#5740 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Update I replaced my Q27 transistor with the help of an awesome Pinsider (thanks Markmon!) I then installed the sparky coil kit with upgraded driver board (thanks JJ & Chas) and I am back in action... no more sparky coil lock ups for this METLE
image_(resized).jpeg

So if my game is from the new run (11/2015), it should have an updated board and this sparky lock up is a non issue? I have been so paranoid after reading about it.

#5746 8 years ago

It is not entirely related to the power driver board.
To my knowledge this problem has never been directly addressed by Stern.
I am unsure if a code change in software could be added to disengage this specific coil function either as I am not a programmer.
It has nothing to do with the step up voltage board either which remained unchanged from the original production run.
It is a game design issue because the Sparky relay coil is a low voltage activation, not high power.
Basically, the owner in Oregon replaced all the potentially damaged or damaged components, but nothing is preventing it from occurring again if he shuts the game down with the coin door open.
If you catch the mistake quickly you can avoid the "transistor burn out".
If Stern has decided to fix the problem, anyone feel to correct me as it going on 2+ years unresolved.
I have found the best way to avoid this particular problem when doing maintenance on the game is to use a SAM wireless remote control for functions, while allowing the coin door to remain CLOSED.
Keep in mind, I am conscience of high voltage functions of the game, and shut the game down when required.
You are conscious and aware of the problem, therefore you can avoid it.

But what if that day I'm unconscious?
Thanks, I will remain paranoid then....I always power that one down first, then open coin door, then close it up before powering on.

#5750 8 years ago

Thank you, I will look for that and check it out.

#5769 8 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

Do the new Premiums come with the under playfield rails or just the pegs?
Ron...

Rails.

#5777 8 years ago

I am sure ur gonna love it....it's basically the only game we play now

#5808 8 years ago

Didn't he quote you talking about someone else cutting? Lots of snow in Florida, must be cabin fever

#5862 8 years ago

You want to use these:
Stern CABINET SHIELD HALF-MOON 2 PIECE KIT
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6801-00
They are powder coated black and completely match your rails, hinges, legs, and lockbar.

Or these, way cooler looking full siderail replacements...that don't require new screw holes in your cabinet.

IMG_20151104_124015672_(resized).jpgIMG_20151104_124015672_(resized).jpg

#5876 8 years ago

I couldn't deal with mis-matched armor, or that horrible hammer. . I put them on to protect the side art, and in my opinion, there is no point in "protecting" the cabinet by putting screw holes into it.

IMG_20151021_220449852_(resized).jpgIMG_20151021_220449852_(resized).jpg

#5945 8 years ago

I have no hissing.

1 week later
#6017 8 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

I would not add a decal to a ramp surface. To each their own, cheers

If you mean the snake decal, it goes on the metal ramp. It's not a plastic ramp, so it could be completely removed with noneffect, and it does not change the behavior of the ball's travel.

#6031 8 years ago

Captive ball allows easy combo shot to the snake. I don't think it deflects up to sparky much, however.

#6048 8 years ago

Man...I got my monsters last November and in four months I have 1098 games played.

#6055 8 years ago

How the hell did he get banned? He only posted tech help?

#6082 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You are correct on the airballs and that is why I removed mine. I don't mind the block - you don't even see it during play.

I will start paying attention to it, but I have never noticed an air ball off the captive ball. Sparky, yes, but not the ball.

#6084 8 years ago

I don't. Is there a clear one available separately?

#6086 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

They're very accommodating, I bet they'd sell one single even if it wasn't on the webpage. It totally changed my gameflow, highly recommended.

Thanks. I got the lower playfield fluorescent set, but not the sparky one and later saw that it comes in a set.

#6113 8 years ago

Put my extended sparky plastic on today . I thought I ordered the trough protector too, but got the Williams onem I didn't realize you had to order a game specific one....ahh stuck it in scared stiff, but I really wanted it for Met because if the magnets.

#6139 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What size polyurethane rings on slings? I bought original size 2 id and seem way to small. My slings engage about 1/10 as much as they use to and I'm afraid it's putting to much pressure on the posts. 2 1/2 id or maybe even bigger? Someone must have right size installed. Lmk thanks. BTW I did my machine in orange translucent and it's poppin!!

Pics or it didn't happen!

#6141 8 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I bought the florescent green plastic protectors for the slings and outlanes from Pinbits. I love the look, but the problem is they are thicker than the regular plastic protectors and the lock nuts barely have any threads to hold them on. Is there a longer stud available with more threads?

I used a drill bit a tiny bit bigger than the stock holes in the slings and enlarged the stock sling hikes so those posts sit down on top of the protectors.

#6144 8 years ago

They do look cool.....

#6154 8 years ago

I just replaced the top post with the metal one. Holy cow, what a difference. Not a single ball has come back down the left side. I didn't realize how annoying it was until the fix, so much better!

#6156 8 years ago

It s the post that pops up in the center of the loop at the back of the playfield. It is plastic at the end on stock game and about 75% of my shots up the left orbit would bounce back down the left, rather than enter the pops and let you collect a rollover lamp. You replace it with metal, no more issue. two minute fix. Pinball life part number A-17986

#6162 8 years ago
Quoted from baloo70:

I also ordered the replacement post, but the metal post appears to be smaller in diameter. I was worried that the ball may now catch on the lip of the hole when the post is in the down position and chip the clear coat. Do you see any issues once it was installed? I was afraid to try it.

I have only had it on for a half hour . I wouldn't think that would be an issue, but never thought about that. The gameplay is improved, and personally it really wouldn't crush me if the clear coat chipped in a place that will never be visible.

#6187 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You're forgetting the extra $1000 just for the opportunity to remove it.

??

#6192 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's the approximate cost savings of a game that already comes without the hammer.

But there are other features included in the premium besides the hammer that have been listed many times.

#6200 8 years ago

It's not the pop bumpers you need, it's more chances at the rollover inserts above them to earn better mystery awards.

#6216 8 years ago

It is supposed to take a shot from the left orbit and direct it down to the pops. My stock plastic post almost always came back down the left. Metal replacement has not come back on the left yet.

#6220 8 years ago

Who wrote that up though? Might have just seemed that way to the author when the game was first released. It feels natural when it drops it into the pops too. The metal post still stops the flow, but seems like it is positioned on purpose to let the ball fall down to the rollovers. If the plastic post was meant to block the ball completely ,wouldn't it be positioned right in the middle so the ball can't "fall" down to the pops?

#6240 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I don't think the post responds to hits on itself, it only goes up/down depending on what other switches were hit. If you look at where its at in the loop, its not possible for a left loop shot to go anywhere but back down the left lane when diverted by the post.
When people are describing an issue with the post, its when the right side bounces off it so hard that it goes back down the right side lane rather than being stopped and dropping through the rollovers back down to the pops.

This is the opposite of what is true on my game. With the metal post installed, he ball comes up the left orbit, stalls and then falls down into the pops.

#6254 8 years ago

I believe the post drops to allow the ball into the pops after it is stopped.

2 weeks later
#6401 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Bonking into a closed snake jaw slows the ball more than the speed it ejects from the snake.
The premium is not a bad game at all. In fact it's a great game. Actually, it's a fantastic game.
(pro is better though)

LOL!

#6420 8 years ago

I have the carbon fiber and no issues. It can be removed if needed, but no thickness problems for me.

#6428 8 years ago

Nice! Happy Birthday, Bob

1 week later
#6454 8 years ago

One assembly. Pretty sure I got mine from pinballlife.

#6457 8 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

anyone ever have a problem with the sparky magnet ? mine just hold the ball steady, then drops SDM every time . I do remember it wiggling the ball side to side before .

Did ya mess with the settings? I can't remember what it's called, but there is a setting for the amount of magnet ball influence.

#6460 8 years ago

LOL@ took one for the team...great way of looking at it!

#6550 8 years ago

I changed my post out to the metal one and only very very rarely get a bounce back now. Love it.

#6557 8 years ago

I didn't have to make any height adjustments.
Williams/Bally Bell Armature (Plunger) Assembly A-17986

pbl_A-17986
Yes, that is the part.

#6567 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Question.
I have the loop post disabled, I feel it some ways it slows down the pace of the game. Is there any benefits to having it enabled at all?
Thanks

Yes, it feeds the top lanes, which allow you to light those inserts and gain value in your mystery awards. I would never disable it.

#6569 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The unmodified Sparky was also designed and colored by Dirty Donny. Makes you think.

Lol..true....people are painting over their dirty Donny

#6571 8 years ago

Me too!

IMG_20151021_220457208_(resized).jpgIMG_20151021_220457208_(resized).jpg

#6605 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Again, looks are one thing, if you want enhanced game play, get the external sub first. You wont regret it.

Enhanced game play thru sound....hmmmm

#6609 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Sam and Spike light boards are the same. I ordered a bunch for Metallica. Here is the mystery hole done in blue and red instead of all white.
IMG_0263_(resized).JPG

Ooh man. I have been scoffing at this idea, but that looks really cool.

#6639 8 years ago

Pop up?

#6661 8 years ago

Willis is pissed that you screwed up his name

#6671 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The goodie bag that doesn't even include a manual anymore....

Well, add the manual to the premiun side of the pro vs. Premium debate....mine has a manual in there

#6687 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You sure.. the full thing? Not the 20-30 page printout...

IMG_20160411_184346602_(resized).jpgIMG_20160411_184346602_(resized).jpg

#6755 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

More testing..
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

I just showed my son and he said "you are getting those!"

#6819 8 years ago

You need to treat that thing to a colordmd!

#6822 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Where can I find the colored gel inserts?

If ya Google color gel films, they are available in sheets for a few bucks online. Just cut them and slide between bulb and insert.

#6829 8 years ago

The gels look cool on the fuel meter, but do
look a little dull on the mystery insert IMO
I have red gel in the fuel inserts too and although they dim them slightly, I like the look.

#6830 8 years ago

Anyone figure out a fix for this?....
My metprem gats a ball stuck occasionally on the right side if the cross. The cross will try to raise up on ball search, but it remains stuck in that little nook of the surrounding plastic. My concern is damage to the motor when the kids are playing and I'm not home, as the cross seems to strain and keep trying until the power is shut off.
I have been contemplating attaching a clear plastic to a nearby post, or a wire across that space to deflect the ball, but thought maybe someone had a neat solution

#6832 8 years ago

You should be getting a magnet pulse as the ball reaches the cross area to grab the ball away towards the flippers. Test the functionality and response of the sensor.

Sorry, I should have clarified...it doesn't happen from a shot to the grave marker, it happens occasionally from an airball that lands on or near the cross and the wrap around plastic behind it. I do get the pulse you speak of, but the ball is on top of the right "arm" of the cross and held in that spot by the plastic.

#6883 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I'm in the original METPRO owners club. I'll have to try the spring tension thing and maybe adding an extra washer to that part to see if I can get that drop target dialed in properly.
What tool do you need to break the seal on the sparky magnet bolt?? I need to raise it a bit so it's more level with the PF and it doesn't want to budge with just me and my flat head screw driver.

If I remember correctly, you have to loosen the large nut, then adjust with the screwdriver, then tighten the nut back up.

#6888 7 years ago

Only thing that annoys me is when the call out says "casket multiball"

#6891 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Its just a little thing, but I wish they'd update the ball saver text to a font/graphic that matches the game. Everything else is so cool, and this frequently seen message is just generic text.

If ya stop sucking, ya won't see it!!

#6915 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is the flipper paw tight so the flipper shaft doesn't spin?

paw-697837_960_720_(resized).jpgpaw-697837_960_720_(resized).jpg

#6924 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My favorite settings also

Well, you are both wrong. Hires is the best setting.

#6926 7 years ago

I have all of mine on hires except creech looks best in dotsxl to me

1 week later
#7009 7 years ago

Can we stop using the term "disty"? Eeuugh.

#7051 7 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Finally got round to fitting EL Paper to light up the cut-out side rails.
Have even got enough left over to backlight the apron where the score cards go, just need to design/create a template now.

That looks great! Would ya mind sharing where you got the el paper and how it is installed? I would love to do that.

#7062 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

This. I like this piston MOD but I'd like to line up 4 of them that the ball traveled under....since FUEL has 4 letters. Each one would have a different color. Cool MOD.

A 4 cylinder??? Weak!!!!

1 week later
#7144 7 years ago
Quoted from jtreehorn:

A fellow pinsider makes a larger piece of plastic to cut down on the air balls from Sparky.

So does pinbits

#7175 7 years ago

Mine is a ring spanning to the post below it. Came that way NIB.

IMG_20160529_122322309_(resized).jpgIMG_20160529_122322309_(resized).jpg

#7180 7 years ago

So, I love the pingraffix snake ramp mod, but it's been bugging me that I have to too toe to see the rollover inserts and my son can't see them at all. No way am I losing the snake mod, so I rigged up a mirror to enable us to see the inserts. I think I like it here, it doesn't block anything, and it makes it nice and easy to see which inserts are lot. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions to make it look better, or has done this differently.

IMG_20160530_213223882_(resized).jpgIMG_20160530_213223882_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160530_213216617_(resized).jpgIMG_20160530_213216617_(resized).jpg

#7185 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Did you make the extra 3-d body ya got on there? Mirror is a good idea but it's lacking aesthetically. Maybee tie some lights into the lane indicator. I've got a skull where your mirror is. Right eye = right lane... Just throwing it out there..

3d body is from pingraffix. I agree with the mirror not looking great, got a pic of your skull? Sounds like a good idea.

#7186 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Looks like you far left lane light is out. This must be a common problem as mine is also out and will occasionally flicker.

HUh, didn't even notice that bulb is out. First bulb I will have to change on this game.

#7192 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Mine was out to (LED) but I was able to push it back in and it worked without having to replace it. Sometimes it goes off and on.

Yep, removed the rollover divider thingy and tweaked the socket...all good.

1 week later
#7275 7 years ago

Never had one break, but I have some paint worn off on the tombstone plastic from Rubbing on a post underneath.

#7296 7 years ago

Cool!

1 week later
#7397 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just played a long game where I had a long Snake Multiball, Coffin Multiball, Sparky Multiball and made it to Fade to Black and chose For Whom the Bell Tolls.
I was reading the display as best I could and listening for anything new but heard and saw absolutely nothing new.
I was paying strict attention to these things listed in the code notes:
- Added speech to the "Enter Sandman" and the "For Whom The Bell Tolls"
modes.
- Added speech for chair guy fry ready (electric chair multiball).
- Added a speech call for snake lock lit.
And I just did not notice or hear anything.
But on the bright side I did get 4X playfield and got the hear the Jack F'in Pot callout that I love so much.
Wish I had time for more games. I know it is all in there but somehow I missed it all. lol

Same here...played a dozen or so games and heard no new call outs.

#7427 7 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Why is he being electrocuted?

He likes it and keeps asking me to do it again, PLEASE!

#7483 7 years ago

Oooh....never thought of a black pearl for the captive ball!

#7528 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

It feels like the ball save grace period is a smidgen shorter with the new code. Have I gone crazy?

If you had it extended before, it would have gone back to factory length with the update.

#7542 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just received my snake tongue decal in the mail. Do you have to remove the snake's head to properly install it?

Negatory

#7543 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

mike:
which cliffys did you install? I put in both the mantis type and cliffy for the mystery hole, but could not get the shooter lane cliffys to work. they were sticking out to far and caused the ball to launch very strangely (like with side spin)

Mine did this too. I had to drill the hole in the protector to position it properly.

#7545 7 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

I'm not sure but I thought premium came with M cutouts on the speaker panel. Am i mistaken?

The original run with square cutouts did. Not the round ones.

#7547 7 years ago

I felt the same way when mine came, but it has grown on me, and I got these....

IMG_20160305_121644042_(resized).jpgIMG_20160305_121644042_(resized).jpg

#7609 7 years ago

You can adjust the coil strength for the snake kickout in the adjustments.

#7650 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

That is true, as of right now it just rips right into Paradise City which is pretty cool as well. I was thinking along the lines when replacing it was for the song choice of launching a ball and One just starts off way too slow for that for the instant action we are into.

Paradise city, lol!

#7663 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So will this update wipe out the serial number? Every time I do anything on colorDMD I always end up being down waiting on a key. The DRM is super annoying. But I guess it serves its purpose - piss off the paying customers. I'll probably just live with a few orange frames to avoid the potential DRM gotcha here.

I think only the first run or two of colordmd require a key. I remember having to do that on afm, the first game to get it, but not on any since then.

#7715 7 years ago

I have wondered about what was intended for those holes.

#7753 7 years ago

Traditional lockdown bar and metal backboard with round cutouts

#7760 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My 2013 pro has the clips

Yeah, he said his is from the recent run. Mine is from the recent run and has the metal backbox and traditional lockdown bar. I think the pro model has the clips, but he specified he is getting a premium.

#7801 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Piston lane...the shot just above the left outlanes ? When you hit it the engine revs ? I figured it was a combination of fuel letters and that target. How in the holy hell can that shot even be made ? Shoot up the outlane ?! Thank ya Time Bandit !

Tip O' the right flipper will hit it, and if you hit it after a ramp while it is still flashing, you get double points for a while.

#7826 7 years ago

Mine are either blinking or solid.

#7869 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I see. Kind of a bummer. I actually liked the plain speaker panel with the "M" logo. The decal they put on there now looks to be a little too much from the pics I've seen. I'll have to see it in person when I go to ReplayFX next weekend.
Edit: I think the pro translite actually matches the new speaker panel decal (and the rest of the artwork) much better than the monsters translite. I might have to find the pro translite and switch them.

I disagree, but the good news is: I don't think you will have a problem finding someone to trade down

2 weeks later
#8075 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Last night I only re-seated the front plug. Today lifted pf and did the other one and voila ! Back to awesome. Feel like a total noob, my 1st Stern, but that's ok. Noob droppin that hammer.
Thank yous guys for the help !

On my POTC, I put a drop of hot glue on each connector and plugged it in quick. It dried and held them together tight. If I ever need to disconnect, the hot glue peels right off.

#8077 7 years ago

Lol, it's just a drop on the plastic plug-connector

#8099 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have a MET Pro and find that the ball eject from the snake is inconsistent. Sometimes it perfectly fires into the middle of the left flipper, but sometime it fires a bit left and misses the flipper hitting the top of the sling. I've noticed that some misfires seem to ever so slightly graze the stand-up target left of right ramp, but then some don't!
I have tried to adjust the stand-up target as far right as possible, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.
Is there a way to adjust the positioning of the snake so I can point it a smidgen to the left? Or is there a way to adjust the mechanism and possibly bend it a little so it fires a little more to the left?
THANKS!

Before you try moving things...have you changed the coil power for that coil? In the menu, each feature coil setting can be changed, maybe that would send it to the desired spot on the left flipper.

#8130 7 years ago

Colordmd and shaker add a lot in my opinion. I also love the creeping death mod with pingraffix side blades and the snake fangs and tongue decal. I added an led inside the hammer that flashes with the insert, and it has a nice effect for a $5.00 mod.

#8163 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Is it hard to do?

Takes around 5 minutes. Easy bolt off he old, bolt on the new. I played about 10 games with the block and could already see how it gets dented up and figured that has got to be scratching up the ball and causing playfield wear. It plays great with the ball too.

#8171 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Change your captive ball to green.

Of course , kawydud picks green

#8185 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Ok thanks guys for your answers! I guess what I really want to know is: If both have coffin multiball, then the only difference between the 2 is that on the premium you can actually see the balls being locked up in the coffin? Is that it?

Not the only difference between the two games.
Differences are on a spreadsheet on the stern site.

#8196 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I was having the same issue -- Pro vs Premium/LE. I played both versions multiple times. I ultimately went Pro. I couldn't justify the extra money for the hammer, spinners, rising cross and lightshow.

And interactive snake jaw, etc. Etc.

#8201 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You should really read this....

I just found it to paste and ya beat me to it!

#8205 7 years ago

Hammer is one of my favorite features.

#8213 7 years ago

My newer run premium has that side art

#8215 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The hammer seems to get a lot of criticism on this thread (perhaps more so from Pro owners? ) but I honestly really enjoy it on my game. A lot more than I expected. Love the BAM! effect every time it locks a ball!

Haters gonna hate

#8224 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm in the hammer hater crowd. It's a big ugly blob, IHMO. I got the sweet color GI upgrade from TimeBandit, so I don't have to be envious of that LE feature any more. I do really wish the spinners were actually supported in the code on the pro, though. I won't do the addition just to wire them to the pick targets, but I would in an instant if there was a setting/adjustment for "Have spinners" that would actually enable them. Stern should sell it as a kit! Oh well.

Well, I agree about the stock hammer.... But I love mine!

image3 (resized).JPGimage3 (resized).JPG

#8259 7 years ago

Helpful hint : the premium is worth it!

#8268 7 years ago

Thinking of changing my name to "HAMRTIME" . Team hammer rules!

#8275 7 years ago

I watched videos of the creeping death mod and didn't care for it. I saw it live at Pintastic and bought it on the spot. It is so impressive in action. I thought those light bars looked out of place in the video, but when you see the effect, OMG. Love it.

#8295 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

So I just got home. I am sure it is not registering the shots. I qualified for both an extra ball and crank it up. When I shoot the pinball in there, it shoots back out regardless (sometimes during multiball a ball will get stuck in there). I lifted up the playfield but got really scared and had no idea what i was looking at.
Also, sometimes the plunger does not auto-plunge. I will do some research. Thanks for the help so far though!

What's your location? I'm sure one of us would be happy to help.

#8307 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hey all. I think I fixed it! Could not have done it with you all. I'm very proud of myself. I am not good with this kinda work. Thanks again!
PS. Is there an easy way to prop the playfield in an upwards position? It feels like there should be a rod similar to when you pop the hood of a car open. I could not find one though. I just had my girlfriend hold the thing up while i tweaked. She is built like a mule!

Pics or it didn't happen! . You either rest it on the service rails (long metal bars bent under there towards the front) or pull it out all the way and raise it up to rest against the backbox.

#8323 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a quick question for the group. will turning down the power to the eject coil for the snake mouth should eliminate all of the randomness that I'm currently experiencing? (premium machine)
I had to drop the entire mechanism and disassemble it to put in the mezel teeth. I made sure to "tweak" it facing as far right as it could be when I re-assembled it (because originally I was getting a lot of balls dumping directly between the flippers), but I'm still running into games where balls are ejected anywhere from: straight down the middle, anywhere on the left flipper, on the left sling to as far as into the left out lane after hopping over the left lane guide (trust me, that one blew my mind)
ps
I love the fact that you can capture 2 balls during a multi-ball in its gullet for "snake ate your ball" if it's timed just right

You dropped the whole thing to install the teeth? Mine stayed on place during the operation, not even any anesthesia.

#8333 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You need to get yourself a mini ratcheting screwdriver. They really come in handy for stuff like this ...
https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-03044A-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-Close-Quarters/dp/B000XYOUS6/ref=pd_sim_469_10

Exactly what I used

#8418 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Glad I found out (thanks to you guys) about this before I pulled the trigger on MET. A little sad actually

Get your met. I love mine!

1 week later
#8475 7 years ago

I think if I removed the sling spot lights, it would bug me that there is a visible mounting hole in the plastic where the post should be.

#8493 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

What mounting hole are you talking about? The notch for the harness? That would bother you? Really?
This pic was from three years ago when I did it on my METLE. I've had a pro for over a year and keep thinking I need to do it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Aah. I was thinking the post was an extra hole. It really does look nice that way....hmmmmm

1 week later
#8513 7 years ago

Mine came with one!

IMG_20151101_160956173 (resized).jpgIMG_20151101_160956173 (resized).jpg

#8521 7 years ago

Let the haters hate. That is one of my favorite toppers. Second only toy other McKee topper, POTC. They both look awesome, I really don't care what anyone else thinks. If I had any art abilities, I would wire up an electrocution coil to the helmet on the topper to match the mod on sparky on the playfield.

#8525 7 years ago
Quoted from Gate-keeper:

When I shoot the piston target, it rolls back down and bounces off the top of the sling-shot and out the left out-lane. Its infuriating to say the least, especially when I'm in Crank it up and want to initiate double scoring. I finally make the shot only to have it tossed to the out-lane. Does any one else experience this on their machine? I've played other machines and it didn't ever seem to happen.

Is your game level from side to side?

#8527 7 years ago

Right between the slings

#8545 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's good to buy a small level for checking front and back of playfield. It can be level at one end, but not at the other.
Rob

True, I have a bubble level that I use between the slings and then as high up as it will fit. I also have a bubble level app on my phone for games where the actual level won't fit well.

#8547 7 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Hmm.. I have a bubble level and i just put it across the machine in two places.
On side rails resting on lock down bar
On side rails pushed up against the channel where the glass slides in at top.

The problem with that is you now have a game with level siderails, not necessarily a level playfield.

#8563 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Can someone provide a solid explanation of how the scoring works in Blackened mode? I've had a few games where I've gotten $125-$140 million in this mode, usually during a longer multiball, and I really don't know how the hell I did it!

Your game pays out cash?

4 weeks later
#8650 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

From what I've read here on Pinside, I don't think MET is one of the games that was majorly affected by the playfield issues. There may be a few isolated cases out there, but I don't think it's anything like we've seen on games like GB or SMVE.

This.

1 week later
#8678 7 years ago

Cliffy carbon fiber looks and works great

#8684 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Looking for the part number for the metal post replacement for the diverter? Thanks, Mike

Scroll up. It has been listed about a dozen times in this thread.

#8686 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I did a search and couldn't find the actual part number. Just lots of people talking about it.
Found it!

You will be so glad you changed it out. Made a world of difference to me.

2 weeks later
#8747 7 years ago

I'm in the club! So psyched!

IMG_20161118_234825223 (resized).jpgIMG_20161118_234825223 (resized).jpg

#8749 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wrong club, my friend ...

LMAO....oops! Well, I've been in this one for a while too

IMG_20160509_181214718 (resized).jpgIMG_20160509_181214718 (resized).jpg

#8757 7 years ago

Thanks, my Aurich hammer is by far my favorite mod for metallica

2 weeks later
#8858 7 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

It is not a LE/Pro specific item, it's a mod. Pingraffix sells them. Sometimes they'll have them at shows otherwise contact them.

This! Joe makes all kinds of cool mods for Metallica, so stock up while you're ordering that

#8873 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

but the general consensus is that 2" is too small

....that's what SHE said.....

#8889 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Joined the club myself. Have a question. Prior owner installed unsightly flipper button protectors. It appears from taking measurements on the lollipop rails on my st premium that these rails would cover everything and even the screws seem to line up perfectly. Are these rails on my st premium the standard lollipop rails that are sold at pinballlife? Getting everything ready to send out for powder coat. Thanks.

I like these. I never put a screw in, I can't believe someone would drill holes in the game to "protect " it.

IMG_20151104_124015672 (resized).jpgIMG_20151104_124015672 (resized).jpg

#8891 7 years ago

It's a protective coating. Peel it off and they are clear and purdy!

#8893 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh, that's good news. I'll go install it shortly then. I didn't notice it was a coating it was on so flush.

Yeah, ya just have to run a fingernail along the edge to catch it.

#8896 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Those rails look great! Do you have a link to purchase?

I think this is where I got them. Looks like they may not be available now??

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-laser-cut-side-rails

2 weeks later
#8960 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

My Metallica has arrived safe and sound! Merry Christmas to me! This is what we work hard for. I am an official Metallica pro wooden backbox owner. What an awesome game! 600 plays on it since new. Looks like it's got most of the Cliffys' done. I guess the guy did LED's on this one. I had it set up played 2 games and installed the color DMD what a difference! I did one in my Monopoly and it was a huge difference but the Metallica color DMD really pops! I love it! I guess speakers and shaker motor will be first up for mods! Is there a color changing led flourcent tube for these? Be nice to just do something like a color changing tube for a quick and easy change. I know I want to get that out of there quick before it kills the translate and ribbon cables!

Sparky's head is turned to his right, should be staring at ya while you play. Nice game!

#8971 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I think I have the Sparky plastic protector already? Here is a pic of my Sparky is that it on top of his feet? I have the Cliffy set just looks like I need the magnet protectors only. I'll have to see if I can just order those.

Nope, the extended protector actually makes a big difference. I have a clear one, because I like it to look like he is just sitting there, but two posts beneath yours is a busy fluorescent one that almost looks like shackles around his ankles.

#8997 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I did flip dip switch 8. Still nothing. When I insert the USB stick, a green light lights up. This leads me to believe that the machine recognizes that there is indeed a USB in there. However, it never advances from this screen.
Side note: I can also not back up data to a USB. No USB functionality seems to work. I have tried multiple sticks as well.

I went thru hours of frustration trying to install my last colordmd. I was so set in my ways, I kept naming the file " colordmd.rom" , as I always have. It kept saying something like " no USB recognized", I tried several memory sticks and eventually learned that the newer chroma boards require something else at the end instead of "colordmd.rom". It has to be named Chroma.rom.First try after I changed it and it worked.

2 weeks later
#9100 7 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Got a question. I bought my Met Pro in August 2016. It has about 2500 plays...yes I love to play it. I've noticed some damage in the shooter lane from the ball being kicked out. Not on the rail side, but the opposite side in the lane itself. Can I do anything about this. I've never seen a cliffhanger/etc. for this area.

Cliffy sells a shooter lane set

1 week later
#9176 7 years ago

Guitar picks are a great idea! Thank you, I will be removing my mirror and doing this

#9250 7 years ago

Those come stock from stern

#9253 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

My bad...just snake cliffy

It's not a cliffy, it comes that way from stern.

#9260 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thank you very much

Best $7.00 change you can make to the game. Made a huge difference.

#9264 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Not really too sure what it does but I will change it as per very positive comments on it

Many shots up the left orbit hot the plastic post and bounce back down the left orbit, rather than falling down into the pops. The metal post almost eliminates that.

#9268 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Waiting on pops is super boring. I'd rather disable the post entirely. I'd also much rather have the ball bounce off and return to me than get stuck in pops.

#9280 7 years ago

I have and recommend the metal post, but that argument.... A g-spot is pretty tough to find, yet an integral part of the game

#9304 7 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I installed the carbon ring Cliffy's on my MET Premium, but took them off after only a few plays due to airballs that may cause potential damage.
The carbon ring Cliffy's are thicker compared to vinyl or Mylar (or even ss) & were like a ski jump for the pinball at high speeds.
After removing Cliffy's, no more airballs.
I like & use a lot of other Cliffy protectors though - they are 1st class.

I don't know how you installed them, but my carbon cliffy ring is just about flush with the playfield. I have never had an airball off of it, as it's so thin. My cliffy's have been on for over a year and do a great job without issue.

1 week later
#9461 7 years ago

It looks kinda like player 1 let you win

#9597 7 years ago

I had to push/pull a little on the rails underneath to get those both in the slots for about the first week. Then they just started lining up.

#9648 7 years ago

I would say that is not normal. Mine is a premium, so I was able to push on the support rails from underneath, but nothing harsh like you are describing.

#9660 7 years ago

Where are ya located? Maybe someone is local to give a second set of eyes.

#9719 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Eh. I wouldn't go that far. WoZ absolutely needs the munchkin protector for instance. I wouldn't mind protecting, say, the scoop.

Munchkin talk is prohibited in the Metallica thread!

#9761 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Installing sparky extended plastic..... Does this hex spacer go all the way to the bottom of the playfield or is this spacer screwed on to the a spacer below it? I really can't tell.....
BTW, how did you guys manage to remove it? Sparky's hand and knee get in the way of any tool big time. Thanks!

Get it from the side with w wrench or pliers to loosen it.

#9786 7 years ago

Yeah. I guess it IS a little weird. I have a lot of anxiety and irrational things like changing your initials is a hallmark anxiety behavior

Sorry dudes.

Ya don't need to be sorry, we are a giant group of weirdos here..... That's half the fun

#9788 7 years ago

I know. I just feel a little stupid. But I could have way bigger problems in life right!?
Among other minor problems, my left slingshot sometimes fires when my right flipper does. I think a pop might be too. I'm assuming I should be looking for wires touching somewhere to troubleshoot?
If it helps, I'm spontaneously awarded 170 points when it happens, even during song select.

Both of those are activated by leaf switches. If they aren't gapped enough, other coils firing can cause them to activate and award points from vibration.

#9826 7 years ago

Besides the pops, those rollover k guys add up and get you better mystery awards.

#9837 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Changed some songs up on my MET Prem yesterday. I'm a big Guns N' Roses fan.
Sad but True - Welcome to the Jungle
Creeping Death - Sweet Child of Mine
Fuel - Out Ta Get Me
Seek and Destroy - Paradise City
The End of the Line - Rocket Queen
Master of Puppets - Civil War
Battery - Don't Damn Me
Ride the Lightening - Night-train
Blackened - You could be Mine

Yuck!

#9843 7 years ago

Cheater!!!

1 week later
#10043 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Major bummer tonight when I was swapping in my ColorDMD from The Shadow into Metallica. Apparently the mounting bracket holes have since been changed and I can't mount the ColorDMD.
I'm not buying another bracket for $30, especially since I just ordered and received the clear shield and mounting kit for the new backboxes.
Anyone run into this issue and have pics to show where the new holes should be drilled? Figured I'd ask before I go ahead and try and figure it out myself.

III have a metal backbox new run monsters and fit mine in without any bracket. It was tight going in, but it's in and all good.

#10128 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone decide the plastic between the left orbit and the drop targets was lacking a light under it? My eye was always drawn there thinking there was a bulb out. Not anymore.

That drives me crazy too....Is there a hole under there to run wire to a new socket?

3 weeks later
#10389 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Question folks. I installed the post from PBL in my MET. Works like a charm now when I shoot up the left orbit, where it will deaden the balls movement and drop to the inlanes. However, when I plunge or shoot the ball up the right orbit, it typically bounces and comes right back down the right orbit.
Any suggestions?
Thanks much in advance.

Hmm
Is it flush with the playfield when in the down position?

#10392 7 years ago

I see what you're saying now, instead of stopping it so it can drop after a launch, it is bouncing all the way back. Mine hasn't ever done that. I'm gonna play a few games and think on it

** OK, I played a bit. I can't see how it would bounce back like that. I assume it is tightened well and there is no play in it?

#10406 7 years ago

Trontallica?!

1 week later
#10495 7 years ago

Yeah, we had it set on bleep at first, but it sounds so silly, we just went with full blown cursing. Once the novelty wore off, it doesn't even raise an eyebrow anymore.

1 week later
#10543 7 years ago

The hammer is hollow and open on the bottom, so if it's hitting the ball, it must be the outer edge. I would think that means it is either too far back or forward on the playfield, rather than too low.

2 weeks later
#10674 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If you do, what does it look like with a color dmd?

More colorful

#10679 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey guys how do I go about turning the mucus and sound effects down?? I found a setting that has a scale from 1-15, I have adjusted it and it does nothing? ANy help would be awesome thank you

The settings in the menu change how loud music and effects are in relation to each other. The buttons just inside the coin door with a + and - change the overall volume.

#10680 6 years ago

Oops, sorry.... I forgot to make fun of you for saying "mucus"!

1 week later
#10751 6 years ago

Why are you guys washing out the whole bottom portion of the playfield with green?

#10775 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I changed mine to red and blue light boards, gives it a nice purple look.

I think he's talking about the two bulbs over the scoop.

#10797 6 years ago

Dayummmm. I just had to go check mine after seeing that!

#10817 6 years ago

You can put a dab of hot glue on the edge of the base just before installing. Comes out no problem when a bulb needs changing.

#10826 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I saw a game on location with those clips. One of the clips came loose and looked like it was about to fall off.

They should make a clip to hold that clip in!

1 week later
#10854 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I found the pic you posted of your new coil assembly in this thread. I see what you mean now - otherwise no way I could see that metal finger without another person here holding the playfield while it's fully extended.
....and it's fixed!

Awesome!

#10862 6 years ago

It might be in my mind, bit I could swear my hammer magnet used to snag the ball even if it was screaming by, and now it need to be a slow roller.

#10892 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

If that is the front of your magnet board there is no need to take a pic of the back...the resistor is GONE...look in the bottom of your cabinet and there will be a ceramic resistor laying in there somewhere and that is your problem.
Phoebe

Yep. A white chalky looking rectangle that fits in R16

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

#10893 6 years ago

Wait.... How is it missing in your first picture, and present in your second??

3 weeks later
#11018 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just ordered 2 sets, one for me and one for my buddy.

Aww..... You shouldn't have!

#11024 6 years ago

Afraid to go look

1 week later
#11089 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Unless your game is still under warranty, Stern probably won't be much help, except for maybe a little technical advice. Here is the part you need. $65 plus shipping.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4029

Linky no worky

1 week later
#11170 6 years ago

Holy hell.

2 weeks later
#11254 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

That actually sounds pretty cool. I'm thinking of Metallica Premium and I would probably want that feature for it as long as it doesn't cause any vibration damage to the cabinet or components over time. I guess that would be the only concern that I have but I guess these games are designed for that.

I have a few games with shakers. Come to Jersey and play

#11284 6 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

This is the one I'm looking for... many thanks in advance if you happen to have one that you wouldn't mind parting with.

So you WANT the warning decal?!

#11288 6 years ago
Quoted from Staf:

i just have a metallica pro , and the skulls coffin mod was nowhere to be found , so i made one myself . all you need is one old scorecard cover , black sharpie and scissors . just wanted to share .

Nice job!

#11304 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Hey LOTR_breath would you like to sell that middle decal? pleeeeeeease?

I'd love the bottom one for my game.

1 week later
#11366 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So what's the deal with the option menu where it asks "select music on plunge "yes/no", but no matter what you set it changes NOTHING?

Bfore you plunge the ball, change songs with the flipper buttons.

#11419 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone have their slings activate when flipper buttons are pushed?

Most likely the vibration of the flipper activating the sling switch, which is gapped too closely. Move the sling rubber out of the way and space the leaf switches further apart.

#11439 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I know this sounds like a stupid question but since i just got this machine today here goes....isnthere any particular shutdown process or do you just flip the switch? Thanks

Just flip the switch. I like to wait until the game is over and any locked balls are ejected.

#11461 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's strange. I never had that happen in 3+ years of ownership OR see it on pinside.

I had one get stuck there during a multi ball. It took me a little while to find it. Never had it happen again, so it seems to be kind of a freak thing.

1 month later
#11648 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Hey guys,
My snake has a broken fang. Has anyone found a way to glue or reattach an original fang?

I don't believe there are any "original fangs" . The snake arrives toothless and looking like a turtle until it is modded.

#11675 6 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Color dmd LED version vs. LCD version, specifically in Met? I want to pick one up at Chicago expo but I’m not sure which one will look better?

I like the LCD. It allows you to pick modes that showcase the cartoony aspect of met.

#11688 6 years ago

I wanted to love it from the first pic, but seeing it on the game, I just don't think it "goes" with the game.

#11698 6 years ago

I had to research this extensively before I could paint the snake on my husbands MET. (He's a PITA for detail) Anyway, this image appears on the Black album and is an image from the Gadsden Flag. It has a coiled Timber Rattlesnake with the words Don't Tread on Me which is a song on the album...So I googled Timber Rattlesnake images and painted the snake to resemble an actual Timber Rattlesnake. So it is actually a rattlesnake on the game...That being said the snake on the game is enough snakeyness for me...I hate them (all of them...my theory is only good snake is a dead snake!) myself so the fact that I had to do this research and actually paint the thing creeped me out enough thank you!
Phoebe

Pics or it didn't happen.

#11704 6 years ago

Here is one that I did for mine...it's in a post about 1000 pages back...

and here's another one I did for someone along with the hammer and Sparky...

WOW I miss the old days when most folks knew me!!

Phoebe

LOL. I "know" ya, just busting yet chops. That snake looks awesome!

1 week later
#11765 6 years ago

My thumb is hovering over the thumbs down button for all of this blasphemy......

#11772 6 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

At the risk of I too being downvoted by MET fans \-), I am old enough to be that grumpy old man yelling at kids to, "get off my lawn" and bought gas at 29 cents a gallon back in the day. I love the Dirty Donnie art, the MET game play, but can not relate to the music. I turned my MET Premium into a custom MET "RO", RO standing for Rock On. Here is my playlist ... I did make an effort to find similar titled songs to match modes, and changed the display callouts as well ...
Burning Love, Viva Las Vegas
All along the Watchtower
Born to be Wild
Little GTO and 409 (homage to Big Daddy Roth style artwork)
Hell's Bells
Light my Fire
Born to Be Wild
Whole Lotta Shakn' Going On (for Sparky)
Snake Eyes
Symphony for the Devil
White Wedding
Sharp Dressed Man
Light my Fire
Took me a couple of long nights, but I'm slow, plus MET songs are a LOT longer than classic rock music so had to merge multiple songs (eg Elvis) as necessary.
Have no fear in changing out songs, I read that there is a Frozen music version and ABBA MET floating around as well.
OK, ducking now from the wrath of MET fans \-)
It's your hard earned dollars, so good luck in finding a game and truly making it yours.
ron

OMG.

1 week later
#11821 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

so i played around with Pin Browser to add some different tracks to Metallica ... Click, Click, Boom and Dragula are pretty cool additions and go well with the pace... on the other hand, I also added a Charlie Puth track for my wife. Pro is now my wife loves to play pinball, CON is I have Charlie Puth on my Metallica...

I just threw up a little in my mouth

2 weeks later
#11940 6 years ago

lol! Well, at least it's easily remedied.

#11981 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Whats the best speakers to put in your met

I had my game for a year with stock speakers. Just installed flipper fidelity and it sounds great!

#12029 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I've fallen back in love with this game. While debating on selling it, I started playing it every night. I've learned so much more about the finite rules, it's become a better challenge. Seriously, this game is amazing even after all these years. Thinking about a color dmd now. Just added a sub last week, and wow what a difference. Love Metallica.

All these years??

#12034 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Anyone on the fence about getting speaker lights for their MET. Doug at Speaker Light Kits is the only way to go! Just absolutely completes the pin.

I have Doug's lights on every game they fit on

IMG_20160518_204705031 (resized).jpgIMG_20160518_204705031 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#12136 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't recommend it as you *may* see airballs happen from the captive ball. I put the block back on my game because of this. Others say they don't get airballs, but this was my experience. Yes, the magnet was flush with the playfield too.
Rob

I replaced my block with captive ball day 1 and have never had an airball issue. It helps, because sometimes you can bank a shot off the ball into the snakes mouth. It is really straight forward, just take the block out by removing nuts under the playfield, and replace it with the captive ball assembly

#12173 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ever since I replaced my playfield, and reinstalled my mods, I’ve had trouble with my snake teeth falling out. I loosen the screw in the snakes mouth and slide the teeth between the metal plate and the head/gums and tighten the screw. It stays put for a couple dozen games and then the screw falls out and the teeth are next. I thought about using loctite, but didn’t think that was a good idea since it’s too permanent. Any thoughts on how to get the screw to stay put.

I believe one color of locktite is "less permanent" and will give if you want to remove it.

1 month later
#12330 6 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

Just got my NIB MET in december and noticed this right out of the box.
Any one else got this on the t-mold?
It looks like that all the way round, and on the other side too.
I just emailed my distributor, hopefully I can get it sorted.

What are we looking at? Bubbled t molding?

#12349 6 years ago

I keep clicking on here thinking it's the Metallica thread.

1 month later
#12558 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Good call!! He needs to do this for you guys!!

Your top spike and hammer number are missing!

#12564 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

$7200
http://pinballstore.tripod.com/metallica.html
But if you call and talk to Mike, you can probably work out a better price

That is not an LE

#12570 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whew! That was bugging me, must just be the angle reflecting off the burnt leather. The spikes are loctited on, but only so much I can do against ball strikes and vibration I guess ...

My Aurich hammer is still my favorite mod. Period.

1 week later
#12639 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Same here. I own both, and I’m not even close to either.

It may not be unbiased, but MET is a much better game. Spider-Man is fine. But it doesn’t have the spark that MET has. MET is just great.

Spark.... I see what you did there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

514 posts in this topic match your search for posts by yzfguy. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread?tu=yzfguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.