20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (7 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (7 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (7 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 7 years ago

Anyone having reset issues on the new 1.10 code? I've had it happen 2 or 3 times now and seems it might be during a specific mode(I've been too stupid to try and make note of when exactly, I'll make sure if it happens again I hopefully can take note of what mode). From what I remember one of the modes was active and if I recall correctly I hit the pops and the game just shuts off and restarts. I think one of the times I may have had Smaug multiball going. Never had that problem before the update, not sure at all if it is related but had played it a lot before the code update and never had it happen before.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please pm me the ticket number and I'll see if I can alert it.
LTG : )

Lloyd I'm going on over a month without any further help on my ticket, #9079. Should I just open a new one?

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok I know a few of us have had reset issues. I have now had 4 in one month. 2 tonight. Seems to happen in miltiball hitting the pop bumpers. Anyone else?

Well you know I have as we've been talking about it but just to put it out, it is definitely a larger problem than just a few of us I think. I've had 3 in the last week alone, 5 total that I can remember. All when the ball goes into the pops, most from what I remember during multiballs.

1 week later
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone else having reset issues? If so, let's post the error messages here- here's mine from today
Also, I had emailed JJP technical
Support about the issue last week, about 4 days ago, and no response. My history with WOZ support has been that email and opening tickets is worthless, but phone support is good so I'll try that avenue next.

Last message I had from Lloyd was it was software related. None of the "fixes" I have seen out there have worked for me.

2 months later
#1264 7 years ago

Lets get it! Been too long, need some new adventuares

#1313 7 years ago

I'd like the 1.3 beta if anyone has it to share?

#1388 7 years ago

So where do we buy the new wire form if we want it?

#1451 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

how does one go about finding the build date on a boxed LE?

Open it and find out.

4 months later
#2579 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I can't speak for you specifically as the beast fix plastic may have changed now but see if the wires can get scissored between the plastic and the metal guide.
You only need a single washer. 4 total for the entire machine. Install it on the screw on which it has the curved metal slide.
Super easy and takes only a few seconds without having to remove anything else.

Link to the thread or post with pictures? I must have missed this before?

2 weeks later
#2664 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Than how do I light it instead of the othe 2? I played the other 2 twice but never bot5a

Do you have the most current code? Only reason that could have happened I think is if you didn't have the new code with BOT5A

5 months later
#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

coil power question.
from the right flipper, craddled, should i be able to backhand shoot and lock a ball?

I can do it, I will tell you though for me opposite is not true, can't backhand the left ramp from left flipper.

Quoted from Bendit:

with version 2.0, do i detect small audio glitches sometimes?

I have only a few games on it but I still feel like I hear some as well, I do think they fixed a lot of it tho as it was always much worse before.

4 years later
#11235 1 year ago

So I'm going to replace my main hobbit ramp in the middle(or just replace the flaps as they are badly warped). Figured either way it has to come off. Any advice or guides on how to remove that beast??

#11238 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

If you have an early build with the silver flaps you should be able to get the newer flaps from JJP without cost, just FYI. The newer flaps are darker and less prone to bending / airballs is my understanding.

Ya I got the flaps on the way(cause yes it has the old ones) but I don't trust myself riveting. In either case I got a new ramp assembly just in case cause it already has the flaps attached. Either way I have to take it out so I'll be prepared! So I can try my hand at the rivets and if I fail have a good backup.

Quoted from Lermods:

It’s a bit of a project, but not too difficult. For me, the main issue was removing the optos as they are held in with plastic clips that can break. Go slow and remove them carefully and you’ll be fine. The rest is just some screws to get the ramp assembly out.

Yuck, that sounds crappy. Are these plastic clips for sale anywhere, I always anticipate things not going as planned so rather have the parts handy just in case.

1 month later
#11292 1 year ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Did I kill Smaug? I think so but honestly don’t know - its an insane (multi) multiball.

You'll know cause the game stops and flippers go dead and the celebration begins.....I think..... been awhile since I did it but that's what I remember.

3 months later
#11517 1 year ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Lloyd is amazing and has been for many years on this and other pin sites. He gives so much of his time and knowledge. Whatever reason JJP let him go makes no sense. And he still helps out on this thread which I think is ultra classy!

So they could afford the "custom" cake topper figures for Toy Story games.

3 weeks later
#11564 1 year ago
Quoted from ColoradoJordan:

For those that have fixed Smaug's mouth from not opening, what was the easiest way? I understand it could be the ethernet cable, PCB or servo. Not sure how to easily trouble shoot which one it is. Did you start with a new servo first? If so did you just remove the bottom piece of Smaug, install the new servo without moving the servo horn? I can then readjust the mouth movement in the settings menu. Appreciate the help.

When I was having issues with mine I kind of panicked and bought new servos and boards and everything else around the mech thinking it needed replaced cause his mouth was not moving. Turns out it was just the settings for the mouth movement in the menus. I'd be 100% sure you tweaked those before going too much further. Welcome to reach out to me or come check mine out in advance if need be.

4 weeks later
#11627 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Mine is 2 1/4"

tumblr_m48Q.giftumblr_m48Q.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=bemmett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.