Topic Stats

• 7,848 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 190 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,145 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Castle (resized).png
IMG_20191027_094800 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_092217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091030 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0012 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_102423 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090419 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090400 (resized).jpg
182073EA-3A86-4714-A07D-DE14034970C6 (resized).jpeg
B7D506CB-DD8C-4B4D-A4C1-A02716D2C79C (resized).jpeg
FC83295A-EEBB-44D9-8B79-4FE11917D16A (resized).jpeg
20190903_191923 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7848 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 157.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Regarding the Pop-ups. It looks like they implemented the ball trap fix on the game at PAGG. If I'm not mistaken they put a small plastic barrier on the front edge of the hole to prevent a ball from partially dropping in. Not sure how it was installed.
I don't think the machine had any trapped balls in the pop-ups after the fix.

Can anyone post pics of this?
Inquiring minds want to know how to get "The Fix"....

#253 3 years ago

Pimp77, I noticed you have the playfield protector as well. How does the ball feel for you as it rolls over the L-O-C-K rollover targets? When I'm playing if the ball isn't moving fast enough it can wildly change direction when hitting these. I wonder if it is the extra height from the playfield protector causing this? The kickback also seems like it may be hitting the ball off center, possibly because of the playfield protector. Anyone know if the kickback / rollovers height can be increased?

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please pm me the ticket number and I'll see if I can alert it.
LTG : )

Lloyd I'm going on over a month without any further help on my ticket, #9079. Should I just open a new one?

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Lloyd I'm going on over a month without any further help on my ticket, #9079. Should I just open a new one?

I bumped it up to JJP Parts again.

I hope this helps,

#256 3 years ago

Ordered my TH LE today, will ship tomorrow!

Hopefully I won't have any problems with the balls being stuck at the trolls.

Really looking forward to it.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ordered my TH LE today, will ship tomorrow!
Really looking forward to it.

Congrats
Wish I could get 24 hour shipment!

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude, it's not a big deal. Just more drama from Pinsiders who feel the need to have themselves heard. I had a pretty bad one lodge in the left upper troll and the ball search cleared it within 3 seconds. Hardly every happens by the way, mainly in multi-ball.

You will really like the game so congrats on that.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Pimp77, I noticed you have the playfield protector as well. How does the ball feel for you as it rolls over the L-O-C-K rollover targets? When I'm playing if the ball isn't moving fast enough it can wildly change direction when hitting these. I wonder if it is the extra height from the playfield protector causing this? The kickback also seems like it may be hitting the ball off center, possibly because of the playfield protector. Anyone know if the kickback / rollovers height can be increased?

I would say the pf protector actually diminishes ball trajectory changes as it sits more even. I haven't noticed it too much at all. I don't have a protector on my WOZ and it's worse on it. No issues with my kickback either.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Congrats
Wish I could get 24 hour shipment!

Seriously. More like 2.4 years for most of us. Fingers crossed I get the call in a few weeks.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Seriously. More like 2.4 years for most of us. Fingers crossed I get the call in a few weeks.

Me too. When did you order?

#262 3 years ago

Awesome things about the game:
1) Erebor Super Spinner. How long do you build it up before you cash in? Decisions, desicions...don't lose the cash out, it's big!!
2) Mode variety. Every mode is different and they are all pretty awesome. The One Ring is the only so so one as just a one shot hurry, but still...great stuff there! Riddles in the Dark is one of my favorites. There's so many...I don't think I've even seen them all yet.
3) 2x pf is I think the 3rd captive ball award...time that with some sweet multiballs and modes and it can be lucrative. Don't drain after activating it!
4) The Skill Shots. All are fun and a pretty great challenge. DWARF is easiest.
5) Extra Ball requires two difficult shots when lit, but it's satisfying when you get it. Great clip and sound.

I could go on and on...enough for now. A new high score:

image_(resized).jpeg

#263 3 years ago

Nice! Your point #2, mode variety, is one of the main reasons I went for TH over another game. Keith just comes up with so many unique rules that you won't find in other games. Keith reworked some of the modes in 1.10 so I'm sure others will get polished up as well.

I thought the 31 modes included the wizard modes but based on the screenshot below from Tiesmasc's rulessheet they are separate! Keith mentioned in a Pinside post a while back that the game will have 3 mini wizard modes, 3 major wizard modes and one super wizard mode. Insane and I love it haha. Keith's deep rulesets are another reason I went with The Hobbit.

hobbit_modes_(resized).JPG

#264 3 years ago

I think super Spinner is classed as a mini wizard. I wonder if feast/beast frenzy is the other 2?

3x major = movie multiball inserts.
Final wizard =?
Does the end of smaug multiball entail killing smaug?

Would be great if a smaug battle with win lance arrow on kids shoulder was a mini wizard mode after entering the 3 x movie multiball. Like destroy the ring... And like killing the witch. Something achievable for the mortals. And the final wizard being the end of the movie..
But doesn't seem like it's organises like that. Can someone take glass off and check the end of smaug multiball? For science.

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Awesome things about the game:
1) Erebor Super Spinner. How long do you build it up before you cash in? Decisions, desicions...don't lose the cash out, it's big!!
2) Mode variety. Every mode is different and they are all pretty awesome. The One Ring is the only so so one as just a one shot hurry, but still...great stuff there! Riddles in the Dark is one of my favorites. There's so many...I don't think I've even seen them all yet.
3) 2x pf is I think the 3rd captive ball award...time that with some sweet multiballs and modes and it can be lucrative. Don't drain after activating it!
4) The Skill Shots. All are fun and a pretty great challenge. DWARF is easiest.
5) Extra Ball requires two difficult shots when lit, but it's satisfying when you get it. Great clip and sound.
I could go on and on...enough for now. A new high score:

Nice. I love the fact that there is a good risk reward element regarding when to cash in on that super spinner.

Personally speaking, I don't mind if you actually do "go on and on" about this pin. Reading your posts confirm what I felt when I played Hobbit and has reignited my excitement for getting it.

Supposedly mine will be here by late next month.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nice. I love the fact that there is a good risk reward element regarding when to cash in on that super spinner.
Personally speaking, I don't mind if you actually do "go on and on" about this pin. Reading your posts confirm what I felt when I played Hobbit and has reignited my excitement for getting it.
Supposedly mine will be here by late next month.

I too can say this game rocks. I find myself on an adventure every time I play. Just ordered blades for it and they look awesome. My best score to date.

image_(resized).jpeg

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I too can say this game rocks. I find myself on an adventure every time I play. Just ordered blades for it and they look awesome. My best score to date.

Why did you steal my initials?

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Nice! That door / high score animation is really slick. Theres a lot of attention to detail in the games animations.

#269 3 years ago

Ok, point of clarification, if I may...

Exactly how many games can we add up to get to our high score? I figure I will need at least 4-5 decent games (for me) to beat those scores!!!

Yes, I'm a crappy pinball player!

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Ok, point of clarification, if I may...
Exactly how many games can we add up to get to our high score? I figure I will need at least 4-5 decent games (for me) to beat those scores!!!
Yes, I'm a crappy pinball player!

Join the club
I've decided I am a flailer.
I just flail at the balls and hope something magic happens

#271 3 years ago

Flailing for the win! I hit the flipper buttons even when there's no ball nearby - just in case.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why did you steal my initials?

I like you name so I used it.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nice! That door / high score animation is really slick. Theres a lot of attention to detail in the games animations.

Looks really cool.

Question for you guys. On my WPC/WPC95 games I can check to see if all sounds with speech work in test mode, can you do the same with TH?

#273 3 years ago

Just got my shipping notice! The Hobbit is on its way to my house.

Has anyone installed mirror blades, or even black mirror blades on this machine yet? If so, any pics? Seems like the perfect candidate for some mirrors.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just got my shipping notice! The Hobbit is on its way to my house.
Has anyone installed mirror blades, or even black mirror blades on this machine yet? If so, any pics? Seems like the perfect candidate for some mirrors.

I just ordered blades but not mirror. I will post pics once I get them. Should be next week.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I just ordered blades but not mirror. I will post pics once I get them. Should be next week.

Did you get these:

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/9c44c702-ae88-abb0-b169-2c85f4fe974b

I was just looking at them and think they would be a great enhancment.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Did you get these:
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product-page/c1xid/9c44c702-ae88-abb0-b169-2c85f4fe974b

Those look pretty slick!

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Question for you guys. On my WPC/WPC95 games I can check to see if all sounds with speech work in test mode, can you do the same with TH?

I dont see anything in the menu's that plays the sound clips.

I just noticed that with the upgrade to 1.10 code, Im not hitting the ring button to start modes, it's happening automatically.

I think that this is an adjustment in the menu though, if I want it back, or double flip instead of the button?

#278 3 years ago

Did you get these:

I did not get those. I got mine from Godfather Mods.

I dont see anything in the menu's that plays the sound clips.
I just noticed that with the upgrade to 1.10 code, Im not hitting the ring button to start modes, it's happening automatically.
I think that this is an adjustment in the menu though, if I want it back, or double flip instead of the button?

I think u have to earn the ring button now with hitting bank targets to build up power.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think u have to earn the ring button now with hitting bank targets to build up power.

In the prior version you had to make a certain number of switch hits to qualify the ring. Each time you use the ring it takes more switch hits to qualify it again so there is some strategy on how often to use it.

Haven't noticed yet if the new code uses only target hits to qualify the ring.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm still waiting for my ticket to be answered. No response yet.

I have found almost invariably that you need to call and talk with Frank. He is very responsive when you call but simply updating tickets doesn't necessarily evoke a response in my experience.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

In the prior version you had to make a certain number of switch hits to qualify the ring. Each time you use the ring it takes more switch hits to qualify it again so there is some strategy on how often to use it.
Haven't noticed yet if the new code uses only target hits to qualify the ring.

Nope, still all switches.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nope, still all switches.

Great! I like that better. It gives extra incentive to hit the spinners.

#283 3 years ago

I had another reset last night. and it was on a game where I had over 600k on ball two. It happened during beast frenzy. It's not a total reboot, it just goes dark then returns to attract more, so I'm guessing a software/code crash of some sort. I hope they're hunting it down as it's the only real bummer. I had one ball get stuck at the bottom of the left habitrail that goes to the outlane last night too, but a bop to the side of the cabinet freed it.
Still, fantastic game already. The mode variety that's there can't be stressed enough. Many creative modes and uses of the drops and beasts. Interesting rules. I think some balancing of points does need to be made for the modes. Some easy ones score lots of points and some difficult ones get you little. No doubt it's coming soon along with the Arkenstone modes.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I had another reset last night. and it was on a game where I had over 600k on ball two. It happened during beast frenzy. It's not a total reboot, it just goes dark then returns to attract more, so I'm guessing a software/code crash of some sort. I hope they're hunting it down as it's the only real bummer. I had one ball get stuck at the bottom of the left habitrail that goes to the outlane last night too, but a bop to the side of the cabinet freed it.
Still, fantastic game already. The mode variety that's there can't be stressed enough. Many creative modes and uses of the drops and beasts. Interesting rules. I think some balancing of points does need to be made for the modes. Some easy ones score lots of points and some difficult ones get you little. No doubt it's coming soon along with the Arkenstone modes.

Check to see if u have 4 meg of ram or 8 meg in regards to your reset issue.

#285 3 years ago

I haven't been able to figure how to light up the gollum ball save, any ideas?
Also anyone know what the red target just past the corner of the right outlane is for?
Mine is so close to the apron that I can't get a bounce off the rubber to hit it. In fact it acts like a gate, just barely big enough to let the ball pass through.Capture1_(resized).jpg

#286 3 years ago

I think that's the switch that activates the ring save.

It activates more frequently if your pitch is at 7 degrees.

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Also anyone know what the red target just past the corner of the right outlane is for?
Mine is so close to the apron that I can't get a bounce off the rubber to hit it. In fact it acts like a gate, just barely big enough to let the ball pass through.

I don't think the outlane target is programmed the game yet. I'm going to guess that it will be used for an outlane mini game similar to TOTO and Theres No Place Like Home in WOZ.

#288 3 years ago

I think that's the switch that activates the ring save.
It activates more frequently if your pitch is at 7 degrees.

Oh, I didn't realize thats what activated the ring switch, I thought just the far right outlane switch does that and that the target is for something else.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think the outlane target is programmed the game yet. I'm going to guess that it will be used for an outlane mini game similar to TOTO and Theres No Place Like Home in WOZ.

Maybe its only purpose was to populate the tiny amount of exposed bare wood that was left after everything else was installed.

Hobbit_Underside_(resized).jpg

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I haven't noticed that the switch activates the ball save.

From what I've seen, you light the Gollum ball save by advancing the inlane "light mystery" inserts. You'll notice both inserts flashing blue to start. When you go down an inlane, the light on that side will go solid. When you go down the other inlane you will enable that mystery award shot (blue is the first level and is for the Mystery target), the inserts will change to the next color and begin flashing again.

To light Gollum, you have to keep advancing the award shots without collecting any. When one inlane insert is solid green and you go down the other inlane, the Gollum ball save will light and the inserts will go to solid white.

If you collect an award, the inserts reset to a previous level, depending on which award was collected. For example, if you collect the Mystery award the inserts reset back to flashing blue.

I think the levels are:

1)Blue - Mystery target
2)Orange - Captive Ball
3)Purple - Windlance
4)Green - Gollum

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think you mean 4 Gig vs 8 Gig.

Do all Hobbits come with 8 GB of system memory? By having him check are you thinking that a 4 GB stick has came loose?

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Do all Hobbits come with 8 GB of system memory? By having him check are you thinking that a 4 GB stick has came loose?

They should have two memory sticks of 4 GB each for a total of 8 GB.

Easy to check. Full Menu - Utilities - scroll down to Hardware Info, that will let you know if 4 GB is in two spots.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Sorry my age is showing. 4 meg used to be a lot. Lol. Look at LTG's response.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Quoted from LTG:

They should have two memory sticks of 4 GB each for a total of 8 GB.
Easy to check. Full Menu - Utilities - scroll down to Hardware Info, that will let you know if 4 GB is in two spots.

Thanks, I'll check tonight!

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

To light Gollum, you have to keep advancing the award shots without collecting any. When one inlane insert is solid green and you go down the other inlane, the Gollum ball save will light and the inserts will go to solid white.

JVSPIN for the win!
I am glad that I asked. This would have taken me a very very long time to figure out!

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Maybe its only purpose was to populate the tiny amount of exposed bare wood that was left after everything else was installed.

It is mind blowing to see how much stuff is crammed on the underside of the Hobbit playfield!

image_(resized).jpeg

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It is mind blowing to see how much stuff is crammed on the underside of the Hobbit playfield!

DSC00045_(resized).JPG

#298 3 years ago

I am gunna have to give this game another chance with the new code, I hope to get some time on it at the NWest show in a couple weeks.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It's crazy! Anyone have any comments on doing repairs or work on it? I'm pretty handy working on Stern's, but this one looks pretty intimidating. Hoping I won't need to mess with anything when mine arrives next week. I know Lloyd really would love to assist me if I need any help at least

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Anyone have any comments on doing repairs or work on it?

Similar to WOZ. It's basically a Williams pin and they snuck a motherboard and hard drive in there.

If you can do basic repairs. You'll be fine. And so far there haven't been many issues with the number of Hobbits going out.

And I would love to assist you, should the need arrive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 50.00
There are 7848 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 157.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside