Topic Stats

• 7,828 posts
  • 515 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,144 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191027_094800 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_092217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091030 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0012 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_102423 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090419 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090400 (resized).jpg
182073EA-3A86-4714-A07D-DE14034970C6 (resized).jpeg
B7D506CB-DD8C-4B4D-A4C1-A02716D2C79C (resized).jpeg
FC83295A-EEBB-44D9-8B79-4FE11917D16A (resized).jpeg
20190903_191923 (resized).jpg
20191011_105330 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7828 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 157.
#3501 2 years ago

Just updated mine!

#3502 2 years ago

updating now

#3503 2 years ago

Will be updating tonight! Looks like a lot of good changes and polish since 1.95P.

#3504 2 years ago

f yeah!

#3505 2 years ago

Nice update - Thanks Keith.

Love the new lighting effects too. At the end of your game when smaug does a fly by and now has the lighting effect that he set the playfield on fire is freakin awesome!

#3506 2 years ago

Code release notes?

#3508 2 years ago

with version 2.0, do i detect small audio glitches sometimes?

#3509 2 years ago

coil power question.

from the right flipper, craddled, should i be able to backhand shoot and lock a ball?

#3510 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Nice update - Thanks Keith.
Love the new lighting effects too. At the end of your game when smaug does a fly by and now has the lighting effect that he set the playfield on fire is freakin awesome!

Totally agree! Cool stuff!! Thanks JJP & Keith

#3511 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

coil power question.
from the right flipper, craddled, should i be able to backhand shoot and lock a ball?

Yep

#3512 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

coil power question.

I can do it, I will tell you though for me opposite is not true, can't backhand the left ramp from left flipper.

Quoted from Bendit:

with version 2.0, do i detect small audio glitches sometimes?

I have only a few games on it but I still feel like I hear some as well, I do think they fixed a lot of it tho as it was always much worse before.

#3513 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I can do it, I will tell you though for me opposite is not true, can't backhand the left ramp from left flipper.

Roger that. So the plan is probably to tweak the coil power so we can backhand both the left and right ramp? But barely? Coil power too strong and we'll damage stuff.

Quoted from bemmett:

I still feel like I hear some as well

Yeah, on the second reboot of the machine, it sounded better. This of course, doesn't make sense. I'll keep my ear open.

#3514 2 years ago

I really love how at the end of the game when Smaug flys by and breathes fire, it lights the playfield on fire. Epic!
This is by far one of the coolest things I've ever seen on a pinball machine. JJP continues to push the limits of where pinball can go.

#3515 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I really love how at the end of the game when Smaug flys by and breathes fire, it lights the playfield on fire. Epic!
This is by far one of the coolest things I've ever seen on a pinball machine. JJP continues to push the limits of where pinball can go.

I would love it if it did that at brief times during the game when Smaug breathes fire.

The new code is great. It's amazing what some sound and choreography can do to the game. BoFA is much cooler now that it's fleshed out. The polish is very cool. Barrel Escape is polished nicely too, including balancing out the volume of the intro callout! The book is integrated now in all Arkenstone modes too.

Can anyone explain how to qualify the roving drop for the lighting of extra and ball? I thought it was simply light all the races at the same time, but that doesn't always work. Keith, if you're reading, what exactly is needed to qualify the roving drop? It's not just lighting all the races at the same time it appears.

#3516 2 years ago

Can someone tell me what they think are the best settings for speech/music/fanfare/etc volumes for the stock speakers THLE comes with?

#3517 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Can anyone explain how to qualify the roving drop for the lighting of extra and ball? I thought it was simply light all the races at the same time, but that doesn't always work. Keith, if you're reading, what exactly is needed to qualify the roving drop? It's not just lighting all the races at the same time it appears.

I don't think it is just all of the races, you need to light all the mode qualifiers - so you have to have the three races spelled, and also have Gandolf, Bilbo, and Radagast qualifiers lit. I am pretty sure of this, but not 100% certain.

#3518 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I don't think it is just all of the races, you need to light all the mode qualifiers - so you have to have the three races spelled, and also have Gandolf, Bilbo, and Radagast qualifiers lit. I am pretty sure of this, but not 100% certain.

Yes, that's what I meant...but that's not all of the puzzle because that doesn't work always.

#3519 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, that's what I meant...but that's not all of the puzzle because that doesn't work always.

They all have to be done by you, spotted ones don't count. If some qualifiers are spotted for you, you need to consume then then do it yourself for it to count. Similarly, all need to be consumed and relit after starting the roving drop target to get it again.

#3520 2 years ago

Version 2.0 installed in four minutes and with these two features since 1.94, I am already thrilled. Hobbit has a lot under the hood and now's the time to put the pedal down and never lift up.

IMG_0082 (resized).JPG
IMG_0081 (resized).JPG

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

They all have to be done by you, spotted ones don't count. If some qualifiers are spotted for you, you need to consume then then do it yourself for it to count. Similarly, all need to be consumed and relit after starting the roving drop target to get it again.

Awesome, straight from the man! Hmmm, well how do you get one spotted? Mystery target? Don't know if I've ever noticed that! I'll have to check this out closer when playing. Playing a mode doesn't require ALL to be collected again for the moving drop, does it? It seems that if I don't get this right away at the beginning of the game I don't see it at all.

#3522 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hmmm, well how do you get one spotted?

Default settings actually spot 1 for you at ball start, but that was changed later so you may or may not have that set.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Playing a mode doesn't require ALL to be collected again for the moving drop, does it?

All 6 have to be lit at once. Other than that, after you get it, ou do have to earn all of them again, meaning you have to use them up first.

#3523 2 years ago

How awesome is it that the coder for the hobbit Is willing to come on pinside, on his own, time, to answer questions. This is truly extraordinary and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, THANK YOU Keith. I just loaded the new code and will play it a bit tonight. At least one unnamed manufacturer could learn a few things from this. This is one reason why I own a hobbit, WOZ and have a deposit down on DI.

#3524 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How awesome is it that the coder for the hobbit Is willing to come on pinside, on his own, time, to answer questions. This is truly extraordinary and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, THANK YOU Keith. I just loaded the new code and will play it a bit tonight. At least one unnamed manufacturer could learn a few things from this. This is one reason why I own a hobbit, WOZ and have a deposit down on DI.

Well said! Same here. The openness from JJP and amazing code support are two reasons why I own a WOZ and Hobbit...and eventually a Dialed In! At some point I'm going to run out of space and pinball funds for JJP games lol

#3525 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Can someone tell me what they think are the best settings for speech/music/fanfare/etc volumes for the stock speakers THLE comes with?

I posted it somewhere in here - if you can't find it, I'll post it again - although I may tweak a few things now that I just updated to 2.0. Generally, bringing down all the levels around even with the music vastly improves the audio in this game.

#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I posted it somewhere in here - if you can't find it, I'll post it again - although I may tweak a few things now that I just updated to 2.0. Generally, bringing down all the levels around even with the music vastly improves the audio in this game.

Thanks for the info! And I'll go poke around and look for some of your old posts to see how you set your sound levels.

#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Default settings actually spot 1 for you at ball start, but that was changed later so you may or may not have that set.

All 6 have to be lit at once. Other than that, after you get it, ou do have to earn all of them again, meaning you have to use them up first.

Hmmmm, well I definitely do not have spotting "on" at game start. I'm fairly sure this doesn't always work as described. I have to do some further testing.

#3528 2 years ago

I just had the most amazing game of pinball I've ever played in my life! I loaded 2.0 last night into my Hobbit LE, and played a few games yesterday - and sucked so bad that I turned the game off and quit. Then tonight after dinner I played two games. The first one was pretty good and I got "Dialed In" pretty well during that game. Then I started a second game and OH MY GOD! I was on fire! I played for 1 hour and 43 minutes, and during that time I played through all three "Mini Wizard" modes 3 times, plus a 4th for ITF. I complicated both ITF and Barrel Escape once. It took me FOREVER to kill Smaug near the end of my game. I kept qualifying and then loading the arrow, but couldn't hit the missing scale. I ended up having to re-start Smaug multiball 5 times before finally making that shot to kill him. I ended up cancelling Beast Frenzy twice during these Smaug multi ball frenzys. I played all of the modes except one - AARRRGGH!!! I KILLED my previous Grand Champion score - just watch the video to see. The video also contains the AWESOME Smaug end-of-game swooping down, breathing fire and setting fire to the playfield scene. I don't know if any pinball machine will ever be able to top the play, coding and visuals of this game.
Video - Grand Champion and Smaug breathing fire:

#3529 2 years ago

Has anyone ever played all of the modes? I've gotten all but one twice now. Does anything happen if you play or complete all of them?

Modes (resized).PNG

#3531 2 years ago

For an average player what should you expect for ball times? Longer than a couple minutes? I have a small collection which already contains TSPP and when neighbors come over it can take a while to get through a 4 player game. I would assume that this is in the same boat.

Thanks.

#3532 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Has anyone ever played all of the modes? I've gotten all but one twice now. Does anything happen if you play or complete all of them?

Yes i have and nothing happened, this was on 1.95 code.

20170204_212146 (resized).jpg

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

But you have to admit the visual with all of the modes lit is very cool.

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

For an average player what should you expect for ball times? Longer than a couple minutes? I have a small collection which already contains TSPP and when neighbors come over it can take a while to get through a 4 player game. I would assume that this is in the same boat.
Thanks.

I don't think a 4 player game with neighbors is going to take very long. Throw in some average players in a 4 player game, could be quite long.

#3535 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I don't think a 4 player game with neighbors is going to take very long. Throw in some average players in a 4 player game, could be quite long.

From what I have seen:

1. New players have an average ball time of < 2 minutes
2. Average players have an average ball time of < 6 minutes
3. Skilled players have an average ball time of (no idea)

#3536 2 years ago

WOW, GC of 5 million+! I thought mine was epic (and it was for me at least) at 2.88 million. I played for maybe 35 minutes give or take to get there.

Granted though, most of my ball times are much shorter.

#3537 2 years ago

Yeah. SDTM right after hitting the side of the spider beast (ball coming from top of PF at an angle).

It's like you guys' 3 hour games defy Murphy's Law.

#3538 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Yeah. SDTM right after hitting the side of the spider beast (ball coming from top of PF at an angle).
It's like you guys' 3 hour games defy Murphy's Law.

Not so sure the glass was on with all those modes completed....

#3539 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Looks like you two need to open your outlanes and remove the center post!

#3540 2 years ago

Or... they can change code to disable left outlane kick-back which is completely overkill for a marathon game like this! Ugh, it causes games to last For-Ev-er!

#3541 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

disable left outlane kick-back

There are kickback settings in the menu.

#3542 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The invisiglass was definitely on. Alot of the modes are just given to you from the ball bouncing around. Still I think it's impressive. You would have to have low esteem to not believe what somebody posts. The owner was simply stating that when you do complete all the modes there's no final anything no completion of code just sadness.

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Im tired of people being nice...accusing someone of playing with backglass off?? Have you ever thought maybe you just suck at pinball? Colonel Mustard called, he said get a clue

#3544 2 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

The invisiglass was definitely on. Alot of the modes are just given to you from the ball bouncing around. Still I think it's impressive. You would have to have low esteem to not believe what somebody posts. The owner was simply stating that when you do complete all the modes there's no final anything no completion of code just sadness.

Well, to be fair there are settings that can alter how difficult / easy the game plays. Owners can set the game up to award extra balls at certain scores, set game to 5 ball, make other settings easier, etc. That's cool those settings exist as owners can set the game up the way they want.

If someone has completed all of the Hobbit modes on default 3 ball settings that is damn impressive.

#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, to be fair there are settings that can alter how difficult / easy the game plays. Owners can set the game up to award extra balls at certain scores, set game to 5 ball, make other settings easier, etc.
If someone has completed all of the Hobbit modes on default 3 ball settings that is damn impressive.

Well to be fair, tk the jammer said the glass was on...there's alot of people on this thread whos pinball skills are way way below par...sad souls

#3546 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Escobar:

Im tired of people being nice...accusing someone of playing with backglass off?? Have you ever thought maybe you just suck at pinball? Colonel Mustard called, he said get a clue

So who's troll account is this?

#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Escobar:

Im tired of people being nice...accusing someone of playing with backglass off?? Have you ever thought maybe you just suck at pinball? Colonel Mustard called, he said get a clue loser

Not cool. I think Goronic was tongue and cheek with his post. So what, you joined Pinside a week ago and start taking shots at people? Let's keep the spirit of this thread intact - and celebrate a significant code update on an already special pin. I suck at pinball...but I still have fun smacking around the silver ball!

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, to be fair there are settings that can alter how difficult / easy the game plays. Owners can set the game up to award extra balls at certain scores, set game to 5 ball, make other settings easier, etc.

Did it on 3 ball 2x actually but only took picture second time i did it and the glass was on and 7.2 angle with factory outlanes...sold game because of the long ball times and how easy game was. i made it through the entire game on day 2 of owning unfortunately on 1.9 code.

Did the 2.0 code add anything gameplay wise? Ive only read it added callouts, choreography on modes, and abstract lights.

#3549 2 years ago

Do the mode hexigons only stay lit for completed modes or even if they are just attempted?

#3550 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Did it on 3 ball 2x actually but only took picture second time i did it and the glass was on and 7.2 angle with factory outlanes...sold game because of the long ball times and how easy game was. i made it through the entire game on day 2 of owning unfortunately on 1.9 code.
Did the 2.0 code add anything gameplay wise? Ive only read it added callouts, choreography on modes, and abstract lights.

The latest update adds a lot of polish to the game, including the items you mentioned. Besides a final mode I don't think TH needs more modes as the game already has more modes then any other pin.

Keith did say he has plans for a final mode. I hope the requirements for it are to complete, not just attempt, all modes and complete all multiballs. That would be one of hell of a difficult wizard mode to reach like Valinor and Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Braunfels, TX
There are 7828 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 157.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside