Screenshot_20240318_092838_Gallery (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 212.
#10351 8 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

After 3 years.... finally ruled the universe with 29B top score.. in my excitement.. i entered my initials in error.. DOH.
instead of BAG i entered BBB as i thought launch was scroll right... UGH.. oh well.. maybe it wont take 3 years to be able to change it.

Great job!! My son has ruled twice now, winning one of those once, game looked like it shut down, freaked us out then started all over. He is 10 yo!!

I've played it fir 3 years and never nade it to ruke, of course many clise ones.

#10352 8 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Great job!! My son has ruled twice now, winning one of those once, game looked like it shut down, freaked us out then started all over. He is 10 yo!!
I've played it for 3 years and never made it to rule, of course many clise ones.

#10353 8 months ago

Okay, I have had a few folks asking if we are going to have another holiday sale…

Well, here it is, starting Friday, buy 3 Martians, with or without LED lighted eyes, get one free…I am also offering a discount on the red oscillation discs, (circuit board design), which are really cool on any machine, and not just a fancy LED type bulb. I wish I had more videos to show besides on my own Scared Stiff…. Please take a look at my web site to see…If there is any single bulb location these can be put in place, many available power options.

Thank you all for the continuing support, and funny, that a few folks have commented that even their wives really like the larger, Big O Jiggly Martians too, when playing. A good playfield option to get others to watch and enjoy, as when playing, hard for the player to enjoy everything at the same time.

If there have been any concerns about the robustness of our product, these have been on many machines for a few years…I even put one on a friend’s convertible, stubby antenna location outside, to drive around with….” he/she”, not sure how to check Martins, gender, and is holding up quite well…for more than two years now. Their jiggly arms will not fall off, and will always be the best looking Big O Jiggly Martian’s on the playfield for sure,…. Discount will be applied at checkout.

Thank you,

Mick

https://www.mickspinball.com/

The picture shown is without the LED's, my website shows all versions.

BOJ Noleds1 (resized).jpgBOJ Noleds1 (resized).jpg
#10354 8 months ago

I am having to replace a broken Martian target every couple weeks. I use the replacements from Pinball Life. Are the targets Marco sells more reliable?

#10355 8 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I am having to replace a broken Martian target every couple weeks.

Lower your flipper power.

LTG : )

#10356 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lower your flipper power.

I am not seeing this adjustment in the menu. I have a Classic Edition for what it's worth. The menu looks wildly different compared to my CCr SE.

#10357 7 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

I am not seeing this adjustment in the menu.

Page 1-14 in the manual. In the CGC menu.

#10358 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-14 in the manual. In the CGC menu.

Genius. Flippers were at +1 so I adjusted them to -1. We always have heard our AFM plays mean. I guess I know why.

#10359 7 months ago

Made a custom userlogo for our new-to-us AFMr LE. Fun stuff, love the ability to customize this.

IMG_3594 (resized).JPGIMG_3594 (resized).JPG
#10360 7 months ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Okay, I have had a few folks asking if we are going to have another holiday sale…
Well, here it is, starting Friday, buy 3 Martians, with or without LED lighted eyes, get one free…I am also offering a discount on the red oscillation discs, (circuit board design), which are really cool on any machine, and not just a fancy LED type bulb. I wish I had more videos to show besides on my own Scared Stiff…. Please take a look at my web site to see…If there is any single bulb location these can be put in place, many available power options.
Thank you all for the continuing support, and funny, that a few folks have commented that even their wives really like the larger, Big O Jiggly Martians too, when playing. A good playfield option to get others to watch and enjoy, as when playing, hard for the player to enjoy everything at the same time.
If there have been any concerns about the robustness of our product, these have been on many machines for a few years…I even put one on a friend’s convertible, stubby antenna location outside, to drive around with….” he/she”, not sure how to check Martins, gender, and is holding up quite well…for more than two years now. Their jiggly arms will not fall off, and will always be the best looking Big O Jiggly Martian’s on the playfield for sure,…. Discount will be applied at checkout.
Thank you,
Mick
https://www.mickspinball.com/
The picture shown is without the LED's, my website shows all versions.[quoted image]

Reminder, this is the last day for our sale, and thank you all for taking advantage of the sale, please enjoy these Big O Jiggly Martians...

Mick

BOJ Noleds1 (resized).jpgBOJ Noleds1 (resized).jpg
#10361 7 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Made a custom userlogo for our new-to-us AFMr LE. Fun stuff, love the ability to customize this.
[quoted image]

Whaaaat!

How do you do that?

#10362 7 months ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Who has an AFMR and a MMR which one do you play the most. We are getting an AFMR tomorrow and still on the fence if I should get a MMR

I have both and I feel like AFMr is just a better game. I also love MMr, and there is more to shoot for in that game. If I had to give up one it would be MMr. But I don’t want to give that up either.

#10363 7 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Whaaaat!
How do you do that?

Instructions for LE and SE on pages 1-11 and 1-12 in the manual under "custom logo." Screenshots below:
Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 7.43.29 AM (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-09-06 at 7.43.29 AM (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 7.43.47 AM (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-09-06 at 7.43.47 AM (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10365 7 months ago

FYI, As of today, I rule the Universe.

#10366 7 months ago

Added this guy next to AFM.

IMG_3359 (resized).jpegIMG_3359 (resized).jpeg
#10367 7 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

Added this guy next to AFM.
[quoted image]

I saw him at my local Spirit Halloween store and I thought to myself “someone is going to buy this guy for their AFM machine”.

#10368 7 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I saw him at my local Spirit Halloween store and I thought to myself “someone is going to buy this guy for their AFM machine”.

I almost did... not gonna lie. ACK ACK

#10369 7 months ago

Looks like he comes in peace. Still . . . better get the Slim Whitman record on standby.

#10370 7 months ago

Help please. Was installing some big jiggly martians when suddenly this spring dropped out and landed in the bottom of the cabinet. It came from the area pictured but I am not sure where. That area would be the lower right hand area of the playfield when raised or the upper right hand area when the playfield is in the correct position anybody know where this goes? Thank you

IMG_1477 (resized).jpgIMG_1477 (resized).jpgIMG_1479(1) (resized).jpgIMG_1479(1) (resized).jpg
#10371 7 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

anybody know where this goes?

The two gates in the rear of the playfield. See if it popped off of one of the two relays that pull in to lift the gate.

#10372 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The two gates in the rear of the playfield. See if it popped off of one of the two relays that pull in to lift the gate.

Page 2-25 in the manual part #9 .

#10373 7 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

anybody know where this goes?

Check the drop target too, to see if it's missing one on drop target or retract coil.

#10374 7 months ago

Thanks will let you know, much appreciated.

#10375 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the drop target too, to see if it's missing one on drop target or retract coil.

Looks like the drop target spring to me too, but not sure how that just falls off (unless the little tab that holds in on the target broke).
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10376 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks like the drop target spring to me too, but not sure how that just falls off (unless the little tab that holds in on the target broke).
[quoted image]

It was almost certainly my ham-fisted work.

#10377 7 months ago

Or maybe it's just an extra that dropped into the cabinet during production at the factory.

QSS

#10378 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

It was on the gate that keeps the short skill shot from returning down the plunge lane. Decided to play the game to see what might go wrong and the ball bounced right back past the gate down into launch which it had never done that before. found the missing spring location and all is good thank you everyone.

#10379 7 months ago

I have a lot of airballs on my AFMr. I remember seeing someone selling the green plastic covers to sit over the drop force field but don't see them being sold anymore. Does anyone have a contact to buy this or one for sale?
Thank you

#10380 7 months ago
Quoted from PPA-AG:

I have a lot of airballs on my AFMr. I remember seeing someone selling the green plastic covers to sit over the drop force field but don't see them being sold anymore. Does anyone have a contact to buy this or one for sale?
Thank you

If you cannot locate one, then I can certainly design and laser cut the piece if there is enough interest.

#10381 7 months ago

Sooooo close today. Nearly ruled the universe. Anytime I want to beat my best game on any pin, I either list it, or wait until I’m running late for something. Invariably I have a monster game.

I destroyed Mars today, and had all inserts lit for final wizard mode except…super jackpot. Yep. I often complete that one during gameplay without thinking about it, usually during multiball. Not this time!

IMG_0102 (resized).jpegIMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
#10382 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Sooooo close today. Nearly ruled the universe. Anytime I want to beat my best game on any pin, I either list it, or wait until I’m running late for something. Invariably I have a monster game.
I destroyed Mars today, and had all inserts lit for final wizard mode except…super jackpot. Yep. I often complete that one during gameplay without thinking about it, usually during multiball. Not this time!
[quoted image]

Man, I had a very similar experience the other day. Got everything done except the Super! Drained before I could get another multiball started.
IMG_3682 (resized).JPGIMG_3682 (resized).JPG

#10383 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image]

You are one pathetic looser (resized).jpgYou are one pathetic looser (resized).jpg
JK, nice game

QSS

#10385 7 months ago

Just joined the club. AFMr CE with some mods.

signal-2023-09-22-20-17-56-472 (resized).jpgsignal-2023-09-22-20-17-56-472 (resized).jpg
#10386 7 months ago
Quoted from Joker19:

[quoted image]

Looks great man!!

#10387 7 months ago
Quoted from Joker19:

[quoted image]

Get your hands off me ... all four of them!

#10388 7 months ago

What is everyone’s opinion on the classic vs special remakes? Is there a major difference in play? I’m shopping for an AFM and trying to decide between the original, remake, and then which remake. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

#10389 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanSterling:

What is everyone’s opinion on the classic vs special remakes? Is there a major difference in play? I’m shopping for an AFM and trying to decide between the original, remake, and then which remake. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

no difference in play at all.. all cosmetic differences.

#10390 7 months ago

Playfield is the same on CE & SE, and differences are the DMD, speakers, saucers/lighting, and shaker.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/attack-from-mars

#10391 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It’s the DMD, speakers, saucers/lighting, and shaker.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/attack-from-mars

Do you think that warrants the price difference if any?

#10392 7 months ago

I certainly do, but that’s me (I own an LE). The CE is the closest to the original in that there are no extras. While being the “budget” version, it is a great option because as mentioned the playfield and game play are identical to the others.

In addition to your budget, of course, it really comes down to if you value the aesthetics of the saucers, the color DMD, the shaker experience, and speaker quality. If this is a keeper for you in a smaller collection then I highly encourage you to get an SE. If this is a transitional pin (ie you don’t plan on keeping very long) and/or you have a large collection (ie you tend to spend your money more on volume of games then extras) then the CE may be the best version for you.

#10393 7 months ago

I have owned bot and the flippers are different as well as the strobe multiball on the original

#10394 7 months ago

I need some help from all you wonderful AFMr owners. On power-up today I got a string of errors:

Check switch 16 left outlane
Check switch 17 right return
Check switch 26 left return
Check switch 27 right outlane
Check switch 38 left top lane
R. Flipper E.O.S. is stuck closed
L. Flipper E.O.S. is stuck clsoed
Gnd. Short row 6 Wht-blu R6
Gnd. Short row 7 Wht-Vio R7
Check motor bank up sw. broken

I've been checking for any obvious damage, loose or broken wiring, loose connectors etc. without any luck. I've also tried re-seating any connectors that seem to be involved in any of the listed items. Again, no luck. I've also tried turning the game on with some of the connectors disconnected to see if the problem goes away, still nothing.

I did see a couple mentions of similar issues years ago on forums, but I didn't see any resolutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time I'll start a support case with CGC.

-RLF

#10395 7 months ago

I love the SE. I have all 4 remakes I. The SE trim. I love the XL dmd.

#10396 7 months ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

In the mean time I'll start a support case with CGC.

The engineer will look into it.

Prior to this did you make any repairs or add any mods ?

#10397 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The engineer will look into it.
Prior to this did you make any repairs or add any mods ?

No, no mods or repairs. Worked flawlessly the last few years.

I'll post any relevant information I get from CGC with my ticket so anyone else who might encounter this can hopefully find this post.

-RLF

#10398 7 months ago

Just wanted to say thanks to LTG. I put a support ticket in on the CG website yesterday afternoon. Lloyd answered later Sunday evening, and by 1:00 this afternoon, the part I needed was on its way. PIC 2.0 was never installed on the game I purchased last week.Thanks for the quick response Lloyd!!!!

Rich

#10399 7 months ago

I own the basic classic remake. It was affordable and will never leave my collection. Of course that's not saying much 'cause I never really get rid of any games! It is every bit the great game that everyone says it is. As for the basic classic remake model I have added the Jiggly Martians and the burning building and plan to get the chip for the color DMD eventually but none of that is necessary. No regrets getting this version of the game my only regret would be if I had failed to do so.
By the way the big jiggly Martians with the lit up red eyes are a huge hit with my family and friends.

#10400 7 months ago
Quoted from PPA-AG:

Thank you

These were made by pinsider maffewl. I don't know if he still does it or has any left. I have one, it looks and works great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

5,400 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 10,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.