Topic Stats

• 8,544 posts
  • 532 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 minutes ago by yuriijos
  • Topic is favorited by 255 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,634 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CD2E6D3C-84F4-4C7B-A68A-AAD6194B9CD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3954.JPG
IMG_3955.JPG
cable (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSC00480 (resized).JPG
DSC00481 (resized).JPG
72D34C0F-AE2F-4E18-A4F1-AF46E888FBC1 (resized).jpeg
8AB2926C-7A00-459B-B22C-3B1E0FB5A81F.png
020F260B-079E-417B-A5BF-2E272AF0A795.jpeg
337E3514-95E4-4766-B9B5-FDD3D5CDA4C5.jpeg
IMG_20200510_134243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200510_134318 (resized).jpg
Shooter Lane Ramp.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (2 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (2 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (2 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (2 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider themickster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's not just personal preference, it also depends on your homes AC voltage. I had to dial mine down to -23 and the flippers are still very strong. I decided to purchased this nifty little device to keep an eye on my voltage throughout the day.
amazon.com link ยป
snaroff

Yes these are great to have, I have a few around the house, very interesting to see what effects the voltage when you turn various equipment on..

1 week later
#2105 2 years ago

It looks like you haven't plugged in the motor connection on the top board, the open position on the top right. The connectors are marked and one states "motor". It also seems you have two open connectors...

#2134 2 years ago

You really need to plug in everything as needed, the picture you showed was missing at least two connections as required....and/or you plugged them in wrong and the machine blew a fuse. There really should not be any problems if done correctly and as documented in the manual....

I understand that there are plenty of Nu-bees here buying these NIB pinball machines, but really, read the manuals.....Starting from the front, it has a wealth of necessary information.

#2139 2 years ago

I was referring to John17a topper not working, otherwise always check for loose connections, I really don't think it is a factory issue at this time, but in seeing the missing connections with the topper, not sure if something wasn't hooked up wrong from the beginning is all. Sorry, but FYI, 25+ years doing this is my background.

1 month later
#2921 2 years ago

All, Here is an interesting find, I had a problem with my drop target under/behind the saucer...(credit dot) switch 77, both the original and the AFMr manuals do not list it correctly as switch 77.....it is not identified correctly...page 2-43 in the AFMr manual, it states drop target(s) there is only one anyway...It really is switch 76 as shown in the manual..but my error code called out switch 77...

Just an FYI.

1 year later
#7776 6 months ago

For Sale

Attack From Mars, (ALL models of this machine)

After many months of research, re-design and manufacturing, Mickspinball.com now has larger and very "jiggly" playfield Martians. They have been re-designed to offer the sought-after "jiggly" movement and a larger size to make them a prominent feature of the playfield. They have also been hand painted to highlight the red eyes and the very white teeth..

These larger "jiggly" Martians are available to order in any quantity, as needed. They are also available with LED lighted eyes as an option.

Please visit my updated and secure web site @ https://www.mickspinball.com/

PinsideOption 2 (002) (resized).jpgpinsidelighted (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#7900 5 months ago

I have been looking for pricing cards that are colored and blend in with the factory instruction card ....Pinball Rebel has a bunch listed, but nothing that fits in appropriately with the colors of the newer cards included with the new CGC, AFMr machines...???

Please jump in, if anyone has a better source..

Thanks,
Mick

#7902 5 months ago

Thank you very much Pinballinreno, I have looked through those already, but I am looking for more specific pricing card/s for AFMr. or ones specifically that I can edit...I have one on location that I want to charge 1@.75 and 3 for $2.00...and will fit in a bit better than just a white piece of paper....

Mick

1 week later
#7954 5 months ago

Mr_Tantrum, Thank you very much for the honest write up and pictures..looks great..

Gogdog, FYI I certainly do not have any of the listed tools to have made these..(interesting concept though)..I just hired out a mold maker, per my new sizing and detailed design. For those that understand the cost involved with a project like this, I hope folks can appreciate my cost for the mold being quite a few thousand dollars,,,If I remember correctly the mold I had built for me many years ago for my laser cannons was about $4,900,..plus of course, the material and labor to manufacture...It takes a few years to just recoup the initial cost/s..

Regarding the way Mr_Tantrum wired them in, I thought about doing it that way, but I really do not understand what is wrong with just tapping into the existing wiring, nothing permanent and no cutting of the wires, Oh well, I do have the red IDC and the Z connectors if anyone would want those pieces to put together the additional wiring by themselves..but I do not have the white connectors or wired tails that are shown in the above pictures.

Thank you very much for the input,
Mick

PS it is a bit more detailed, (tedious) with installing the LED's than just drilling a few holes and stuffing in the LED's..anyone else ever work with 36 gauge wiring?

#7957 5 months ago

Thank you for the understanding, and kind words...Just trying to make great stuff for our community...

#7959 5 months ago

Thank you all for the great feedback....a lot of folks are now enjoying the new jiggly, and a bit larger Martians on their machines....now you can actually see them on the playfield, and they are not like the smaller "stiffs", being sent out with the new machines..

Mick

https://www.mickspinball.com/big-o-jiggly-martian-add-on

PS and all of my products, are tested before shipping, second picture here....

ebaynoleds1 (resized).jpglighted 1 (resized).jpg
#7966 5 months ago

Has anyone besides me, ever asked Chicago Gaming if the smaller LED lighted saucers are available as a kit for the SE and the CE versions?

They did not respond, and I have not seen anywhere for this option, even an aftermarket like Bill Ung offered for the original design many years ago..

#7968 5 months ago

Thank you Lloyd, but do you know why as I am sure it would be a great seller for them?

I might have to come up with something myself...

#7970 5 months ago

The Fantastic topper and mirror blades etc... would accomplish that I would think...Oh well.

Thank you all for the input..darn...

#8001 5 months ago

I do have the red IDC connectors and the Z connectors if anyone would want them, but I do not have the other parts, the Y tail and micro connectors that Mt_Tantrum is using..

#8020 4 months ago

Regarding those folks that might have an issue with tapping into the original factory wiring with my LED Martian kit, I am now offering an adapter kit to eliminate that concern.

Here is a picture showing what I will include if wanted...

Website updated to reflect this option and minimal cost.

Option1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8092 4 months ago

Wow, that is a disappointment,,,are their tolerances that tight and specific to cause this? How much, and where can you get the replacement PIN-PCB-CONTRL2 board, Planetary or direct from CGC?

Sorry to hear this, so you can never change those specific LED 12V bulbs at that coin door location? Doesn't seem right,,,,

Thanks for the update..

1 week later
#8150 4 months ago

jrh7,

I suggest you buy a set of my Big O Jiggly Martians, that will take care of the light through the leg problem, and you will actually see the Martians on the playfield, not those puny, lifeless and stiff factory installed ones..

Mick

#8164 4 months ago

Classic Game Rooms has been great for me....AFMr SE shipped from Georgia back to Chicago in perfect condition, fair price and great communication..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider themickster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside