pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richard-nba-sf2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9260 3 years ago

Hey guys!

I have had my AFM SE NIB for about a month now!
Ever since I owned it, it will (most of the time) not boot up when first powered on, it goes into a weird cycle of the dmd hitting the first blank screen with some info at the top right then back to blank then repeats.
If I then take the back glass off and unplug and plug in the HdMI (works at either end sometimes) it will power up fully and be fine for the night. Then the next day it will do it again.

I replaced the hdmi cable once (ordered another).

I have talked to one more owner who had this same problem and when he replaced the hdmi it worked perfect after that.

Any other ideas ?
Thanks
Richard

#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Have you put in a ticket with CGC support? If purchased NIB a month ago then iit will be under warranty.

Yes I have a while ago, they are not sure yet. Still working on it with me, but just throwing a bone out there in case someone had this issue before.
Thanks!

#9270 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Ok so I got the sound working again. Went looking through the cabinet and found 2 extra speaker wires coming off of the subwoofer that were probably grounding out causing no sound to come out of the speakers. I'm guessing they were going to an external subwoofer?
[quoted image]

Glad you got it fixed!
Are these speakers much better than stock? I have the SE.
thanks!
Richard

#9272 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I think so, I compared them to Kickers and others.
I ended up putting them in all 3 CGC games.
Big difference in speech clarity.

Cool! Could you post a link!?
Thanks!
Richard

2 months later
#9348 3 years ago

Hey Guys! Hope all is well! On my afmr when the ball enters the stroke of luck scoop, many times (like tonight) it takes the game about 3-4 seconds to recognize that the ball is in the scoop. Where as sometimes it recognizes the ball is there right away. Suggestions? Thanks!

1 month later
#9438 2 years ago

I know I read this somewhere here before - I need to stop my glass from shaking, and also tighten up my lockdown bar.
Do I just turn the 2 flat head screw under my lock down bar to tighten that up?

Thanks!

#9456 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Stick a 1" piece of nylon tie under the plastic glass channel that holds the glass, mid way up the playfield.
Maybe put it in 2 locations.
This works really well.
Experiment with small or large thicknesses.
Ive had good results with just a piece of a tiny one with the head cut off.
Lift the channel a little, Poke it in with a toothpick or a nylon razor blade.
Nothing too aggressive.
When done you cant see it at all.

Cool! Does it fall out when the glass is removed?

#9470 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Stick a 1" piece of nylon tie under the plastic glass channel that holds the glass, mid way up the playfield.
Maybe put it in 2 locations.
This works really well.
Experiment with small or large thicknesses.
Ive had good results with just a piece of a tiny one with the head cut off.
Lift the channel a little, Poke it in with a toothpick or a nylon razor blade.
Nothing too aggressive.
When done you cant see it at all.

I just did this! Works perfect!
I tried it with a set of zip ties last night that I already had at home - the zip tie was to thick and the glass seemed to hard to push in.

I bought the smallest size the store had today, cut to about 2” , put in 4 total where you suggested (UNDER the plastic that accepts the glass) the zip tie stays there snug.

No glass rattle!

Thanks!
Richard

6AF19C95-2E9B-4E1D-BCD0-3C0FE1C581EC (resized).jpeg6AF19C95-2E9B-4E1D-BCD0-3C0FE1C581EC (resized).jpeg871B521B-48A2-4965-8556-91ED9A7BF0CB (resized).jpeg871B521B-48A2-4965-8556-91ED9A7BF0CB (resized).jpeg
#9484 2 years ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Woohoo! Just received my AFMR. My first NIB pinball. Now to get it into the house from the garage!
[quoted image]

Nice!! I have the same, love it! How is it working?

#9503 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only AFMR is involved.
No number is good. 1.0 isn't.
LTG : )

Should I be looking for something here!?
Thanks!

3 months later
#9675 2 years ago

Anyone sell complete fuse kits for the CGC remakes?
Thanks!

1 month later
#9724 2 years ago

Anyone have trouble with their SOL not recognizing the ball?
I had the problem once and the SOL optics would not recognize the ball was in the scoop at all. CGC sent me a full SOL replacement scoop and optic. It worked great for about 6 months. Now the SOL is very delayed again. Taking about 4-6 seconds for the optic to see that the ball is there.
I opened a ticket with CGC but just was curious if anyone had this issue or had it multiple times.
Thanks!
Richard

1 month later
#9737 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Curious if anybody knows of where to get the XL Display upgrade for a standard, I already have the upgraded chip, just need to the hardware.
Also wondering if anybody has a fix for the remake volume, anything above 1 is too loud - I looked through the thread but can't seem to find anything.
Any ideas what a classic with the color DMD chip upgrade and the eat at eddy's mod from the SE is worth right now?

I could be wrong but I don’t think you can upgrade to the XL display on AFMr like you can on the MMr.

There is a min volume limit in the settings somewhere (look in the manual - I can check later if you can not find it). The min volume is set to 8 I think unless you turn that option off, then you can go below 8. I think that will solve that issue.

#9742 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

It's already set at 1 and it's ridiculously loud at 2. I will look at min. voume override, but it's literally at 1 already :/
There's also a post in this thread about upgrading to display xl on AFMr, its doable.

Weird about the volume. Maybe do a factory reset, then a min vol override?

Sweet on the XL display!! CGC will be making more on the future.

2 weeks later
#9773 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Game is still insanely loud at 2, even with max volume override. Any other ideas out there in pinside-land?

This is the screen you are looking at with the volume at 2?

B6B1FD4B-0FD8-4018-8F0B-BD22E094AD9A (resized).jpegB6B1FD4B-0FD8-4018-8F0B-BD22E094AD9A (resized).jpeg
#9775 2 years ago

Fresh waxing!

04C46AB1-D0CF-4471-82B8-011DA567FF18 (resized).jpeg04C46AB1-D0CF-4471-82B8-011DA567FF18 (resized).jpeg
#9786 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

AFM-REMAKE version complete protector set!
Mothership, 3 bank target, 2pc SOL scoop, Outhole drain, Diverter lock edge, shooter eject
$100 shipped if someone needs it
Happy New Year All.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey!
Are these needed for home use? I’m not seeing any wear so far after a year.
Do they affect game play at all?
Thanks!
Richard

1 week later
#9808 2 years ago

Hey guys!
I have the flipper strength at -2 but I am still getting the ball come off the right ramp and drain when I shoot the lock shot to the right ramp (ball comes off around where my finger is pointing).
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

EB5424CF-5AA9-49EC-8FB8-4BC151F96107 (resized).jpegEB5424CF-5AA9-49EC-8FB8-4BC151F96107 (resized).jpeg
#9810 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Gently bend the wireform a little to make more of a banked turn.
Raise the wireform a little where it fastens on the slingshot plastic.
Raise the rear of your game so the playfield is more steep.

Ok!
Should I try one of these steps at a time?

I’ll start by trying to bend it first.

As far as raising the wire form a little, should I put little washer under it?

Thanks again Lloyd!
Richard

#9812 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try any one you like first.
To raise the wireform a washer, washers, spacer, etc. etc.

Got it, will try soon.
Thanks again Lloyd!
Richard

#9816 2 years ago

Finally installed my LerMods lighting, its cool.

03F79A83-D187-4B3B-A427-7E146DB91199 (resized).jpeg03F79A83-D187-4B3B-A427-7E146DB91199 (resized).jpeg
#9821 2 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Mezel was out when I looked a few weeks ago. I purchased the same one from Cointaker:
https://cointaker.com/products/attack-from-mars-eat-at-eddys-building

How do they attach?

#9828 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Here is my AFMr that I powdercoated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#9832 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't know about Mezel's, but mine is just a slide over the VUK chute friction fit.

Ok! I have a shaker in my AFMr SE. would that ever to cause it to come loose?

#9837 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Finally installed my LerMods lighting, its cool.
[quoted image]

I removed the green trough light… this looks better to me!

2D32B407-C31E-496C-A06C-F56D66B4408A (resized).jpeg2D32B407-C31E-496C-A06C-F56D66B4408A (resized).jpeg
#9839 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try any one you like first.
To raise the wireform a washer, washers, spacer, etc. etc.

I added one washer tonight. Seems to do the trick.
Thanks Lloyd.
RIP Lyman

#9844 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Hello. Lermods led strips or pinstadium?

I like my lermods light strip in the back.

3E49A8B3-55F5-4A1A-875A-0668675A1843 (resized).jpeg3E49A8B3-55F5-4A1A-875A-0668675A1843 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9846 2 years ago

Anyone have the instruction sheet for the install of Mezel Mods “Eat at Eddie’s” mod?
Thanks!
Richard

#9847 2 years ago

Anyone have the instruction sheet for the install of Mezel Mods “Eat at Eddie’s” mod?
Thanks!
Richard

Edit:
Just found it on their site!

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006667734-AFM-Eat-at-Eddy-s-Building

2 weeks later
#9892 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

After working several days with CGC support (very responsive and helpful, but the specific cause did stump them) it was determined there is some sort of issue on the controller board. I have a replacement on order from PPS then I'm going to send the current one in for repair to CGC (if they determine it to be repairable) so I have a backup.

They are very helpful! I hope it works out, I switched out a controller board and it solved a issue I was having (game was randomly shutting off, or not booting up).

You may find this video from Lloyd useful:

2 weeks later
#9905 2 years ago

Same here; windows covered. I also used the double sided foam tape to attach the sign (cut it).

9EE8BE73-1373-4A98-905E-698EC0E5B553 (resized).jpeg9EE8BE73-1373-4A98-905E-698EC0E5B553 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9923 2 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with the SOL not recognizing the ball?

My SOL worked great for the first 6 months, then got very delayed until the point where if the ball went into it it would have to do a ball search.

CGC replaced the whole SOL (with new optos) and it worked great for another 6 months or so. Now I’m having the same problem again.

Optos are clean, and not picking it up in switch edge test either.

I adjusted the main power supply voltage, re-installed latest code.

I have a ongoing ticket open with CGC, but thought I would check here with other owners to see if anyone had any ideas!

Thanks!
Richard

#9938 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Installed the eat at eddy’s mod from mezel mods. Finally got around to installing the air ball protector as well. Big difference with the ball not launching off the drop target.
[quoted image]

Ohh. I never heard of this air ball protector. Cool!

#9950 2 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with the SOL not recognizing the ball?
My SOL worked great for the first 6 months, then got very delayed until the point where if the ball went into it it would have to do a ball search.
CGC replaced the whole SOL (with new optos) and it worked great for another 6 months or so. Now I’m having the same problem again.
Optos are clean, and not picking it up in switch edge test either.
I adjusted the main power supply voltage, re-installed latest code.
I have a ongoing ticket open with CGC, but thought I would check here with other owners to see if anyone had any ideas!
Thanks!
Richard

A update on this: I had a friend “reflow” the solder on my old Opto set for the SOL, hooked that old one up, and it worked in switch edge right away. Set the game up played for a few mins and the sol optos we’re working. Then after just one game, it went dead again. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard

#9952 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

New optos. Remove old solder. Solder on new optos.

I would try that! On my second set of optos.

Just checked planetary pinball, I can not see them on their site.

Thanks!
Richard

#9955 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

New optos. Remove old solder. Solder on new optos.

Ordered these from pinball life!
They look the same to me.

85FA0D1D-003F-4622-BFB4-A81811725504 (resized).jpeg85FA0D1D-003F-4622-BFB4-A81811725504 (resized).jpeg
#9956 2 years ago

Ordered these from pinball life!
They look the same to me. [quoted image]

Also, George at CGC is sending me another SOL all wired up with new optos!
Hope it was just bad luck that 2 sets went bad.

Thanks to the CGC support team again!

Richard

#9958 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I saw that. They know this has been frustrating and want to get it fixed so you can enjoy your game.

Thanks for your help as well Lloyd!

2 weeks later
#9990 1 year ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Congratulations on the game. There should be a new PIC chip installed on the big board in the backbox labeled “AFM SOL V2.0”. It corrects a software bug that could potentially lead to a problem with the Solenoid Driver Board when the flipper coils were placed on a setting other than default. Better explained in Doug’s post below.

[quoted image]

Maybe a silly question, this is the updated chip correct?

Richard

4A588E06-C84B-41B0-A485-1BF3A41BE010 (resized).jpeg4A588E06-C84B-41B0-A485-1BF3A41BE010 (resized).jpegB6C6FA72-104C-46FC-AF54-E70D3EDC8496 (resized).jpegB6C6FA72-104C-46FC-AF54-E70D3EDC8496 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#10040 1 year ago

I love them as well!

0AB05F54-F6DE-439C-A7D2-BF538C7B2B6C (resized).jpeg0AB05F54-F6DE-439C-A7D2-BF538C7B2B6C (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#10076 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Back in the club again, SE last time, LE this time. Almost forgot how buttery this game shoots! I’m a better player since I owned the last one, ruled the universe for the first time and got 39b. Question, what’s the best scoring strategy after ruling the Im universe?
Also - note to self, CGC cabinets should be a 2-man job, they are heavy compared to a Stern. Taking it out of the back of my truck, almost lost it to the side, would have been ugly. Never again!
[quoted image]

Nice!!!!

1 week later
#10083 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

In the club!
- Can’t believe I didn’t get one when they were NIB
- Second guessing my decision that I didn’t pull the trigger on a green LE last week.
- Just drove home with a CE (with color chip).
- If there is another AFMr run, I’ll replace this with whatever new top model will be. In the meantime, this will be a nice addition to my game room!
If anyone is interested in a signed Flyland Designs alternate translite (not the acrylic backglass), PM me. I’m going to use the original translite.
Also learned that an AFMr doesn’t totally fit in a Subaru Outback. Needed about another 1/2 inch in height. The drive home was nerve racking …
My wife said “I can’t believe you didn’t get an LE. You always get the fancy ones.”

Nice!

#10096 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What is the sound upgrade on the SE/LE? Anyone know if it is a significant upgrade to that on the CE? Is it just speakers (i.e. would Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity be enough)?
Also - how well is the shaker motor integrated? I’m not a big shaker motor fan but AFMr seems like a good title for one.
Thanks!

Shaker is integrated really really well! Speaker upgrade is a better sub and back box speakers. My SE sounds amazing stock!

1 month later
#10152 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Looking at afmr classic. I know I should know this but does that version come with a color dmd? I see conflicting info here. Also, suggestions on things/areas to be concerned about on this game, i.e, worn playfield areas, etc.?
thanks. Like most pinsiders have always wanted this game and excited about chance. just got aCCr and am very happy with CGC

The classic came stock with no colour dmd (I think you can change the colour of the font on the dmd from orange to green etc, but it is not multi colour like your CCr SE).

I assume you can get a colour dmd “chip” from CGC like the MMr standard? Not sure of the ability.

I have had my AFMr SE for a few years. I can’t think of big problems to look for, as long as there are not errors. They did up date the rom chip, so maybe make sure it has that?

Richard

#10156 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Thanks for the input all, much appreciated. Contacted Ryan at CGC after input here. He has the chip.

Great!
The Classic is a great looking pin!

Richard

2 months later
#10196 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hey crew! Have been enjoying my original AFM but wanted to switch it up and modernize it a bit! Looking for an image of the AFMr LE apron instructions cards (black and green ones) which I can probably modify in photoshop. Anyone willing to take a close up of each card? Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

3 weeks later
#10202 1 year ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I've heard that CGC will eventually do another run of MMR, are there similar rumors about AFMr? Thanks

No.
The basically said that they are just doing one more run of MMr but nothing else.
Richard

7 months later
#10386 6 months ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Just joined the club. AFMr CE with some mods.
[quoted image]

Looks great man!!

#10395 6 months ago
Quoted from RyanSterling:

Do you think that warrants the price difference if any?

I love the SE. I have all 4 remakes I. The SE trim. I love the XL dmd.

#10407 6 months ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I just picked up an AFMr yesterday. I always add a shaker motor to my games, but the one I installed in my Monster Bash remake hardly does anything. I'm thinking about moving it over to AFM. Is a shaker worth adding to AFM, or is it like Monster Bash...hardly noticeable?

It is worth it for sure. When you destroy a ship, very very cool!!

3 months later
#10472 81 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This AfM clip on Dalton's stream today cracked me up...
https://clips.twitch.tv/RelentlessCautiousTurtleJebaited-vAKwT3N2A_0eBY4_
...expect the unexpected.

Haha, I saw that as well!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richard-nba-sf2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=richard-nba-sf2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.