F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kingpin22.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1542 8 years ago

Glad to see new code dropped, after reading through I still see nothing about the cities, am I missing it.

2 months later
#1716 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(Kiss Army multiball doesn't even have its own song currently), but the last update did

I agree that it would be nice for Kiss Army mini wizard mode would have its own song to set it apart! Can't wait for another update, It's my favorite modern stern.

4 weeks later
#1755 7 years ago

There are still a few issues I have found on the LE/ premium. When in love gun multiball and there is already two balls locked in Gene head, it won't kick out the balls. You can hear it trying and when it goes to self check it skips by the head. Very frustrating when this happens. I hope next code fixes this issue.

#1758 7 years ago

Yes, this issue only happens in Love gun multiball when there is 2 balls locked for demon and the machine goes into a self check but not enough power is going into the Gene head , works fine any other situation. I'm pretty confident it's code related. The power to the Demonlockup works fine in any mode or Demon multiball. For some reason when there is 3 to 4 balls locked it can't get them out. I tend to shoot two quick shots to Gene in LG to get that shot over with and still have ball save in case of balls getting shot straight down the middle. That's when I get stuck every time if there are balls locked prior to LG multiball. Very frustrating and it can be duplicated every time.

1 month later
#1900 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On their facebook page, Stern themselves said another update is coming. That was only about 3 weeks ago.

That's good news, I didn't read that but I agree with the majority that Kiss needs this new update quickly. My favorite Stern and I love the game but extra balls need to be addressed, I've played over 100 games and only have gotten 1 extra ball. The cities and progress saved from one multiball to the next I hope get addressed. What I mean is if you collect 5 jackpots on lovegun next time you get to that multiball you get credit for those 5 and have less progress needed to collect the Star on the grid for super jackpot. I can't wait for the next update, Rock and Roll all night and party everyday.

#1913 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

dropping soon...
Just heard

How soon? I hope your source is correct!

4 weeks later
#2035 7 years ago

Congratulations konjurer, I agree with you that the only opinion that matters is yours when it comes to pin titles. I hope your source is right that Lyman is finishing up the code. The wait will be worth it when this game feels 100 % complete. I can't get enough, this game is so much fun and fast. When you get that one ball when the multipliers, multiball and wizard mode all come together it's so satisfying.

2 weeks later
#2085 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Lyman was working on code. So there ya go, the coder we need for Kiss is tied up coding new games, so the chances of getting Kiss done anytime soon seems unlikely.

That sucks! I'm glad to hear that Gary is saying there is at least one more code drop for Kiss.

2 weeks later
#2134 7 years ago

I hope they add a knock when you match or win a game. I miss that pop , Pavlov's dog reaction to putting up a good ball or game. I don't know of any recent title other than Kiss that doesn't knock with a match or replay.

1 week later
#2149 7 years ago

That was amazing, the wizard mode needs some tweaking, here's hoping for a merry Kissmas!

2 weeks later
#2235 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Yes!! Looks like Kiss is being worked on!

What did you here?

1 week later
#2260 7 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

2017 - Where's the Kiss code

Can't wait, this is such a great game!

1 month later
#2474 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I assumed it was designed to softly kick out. If the ball gets kicked back hard into the STAR area every time it would get stuck up there.

I agree, if the ball doesn't dribble out the drop target will raise and the ball will be stuck up there. I think that is how it was supposed to work.

2 months later
#2851 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My Intel is a code update coming in...
2 Weeks!

Start talking High protein, I can't wait for this code update!!!!

3 weeks later
#2877 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If Lonnie's got 6 weeks to zip up KISS, I hope he's looked at the KISS 1.28 bug thread (here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update) and can try to do away with as many of the 15 actual bugs as possible and scratch a few of the wishlist features while he's at it. KISS Army and Rock City multi-ball need the most work, but I doubt they get much, since most of what's needed is graphics and callouts, which they probably have little of.

Right on point, I hope this bug thread is looked at and addressed, very informative and with a little polish on the code this game will become a classic and will sell many more units!

1 week later
#2923 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

T-minus 7 days or less. Take that to the bank

Heading to the bank now to endorse the check, I can't wait! Stern is going to sell a boatload of Kiss pins if this is true!

1 week later
#2984 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

We ARE getting another update. Whether it's this week or next, that's good enough for me.

I totally agree, Well worth the wait for such a great pin!

#3018 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

is it that the current code is that bad, or is it more that they're just taking forever to release an update

Current code is very buggy, extremely fun to play and has a lot of depth. It's been a year and if your on the fence for buying one this is the time to pull the trigger! Prices will go up with polish and if they add anything from the wishlist thread and do something with the cities the perception will change. This is my favorite title by Stern and if it takes a little longer to get it right I'm OK with that. Just glad to hear it's in the works!

#3039 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

People are told that it was never meant to be more than callouts. Do you really think Stern would admit anything else?

I believe that this statement is true, they got so much production and call outs from Paul and Gene it makes sense. I think with the growing precepcion of code being incomplete without the integration of the cities that this next code drop will address this! I hope it does!

#3060 6 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Wish they would fix the mechanical problems first. my first game in weeks ball 2.

I guess there is a adjustment in the features section to increase power to that coil that fixes this issue.

#3068 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You saying that if they finished the code and it was good, that people wouldn't then buy KISS?

Of course they will sell more units with polished code, it was good to see on the tour video code being worked, can't wait!

#3084 6 years ago

It's coming, you can see them working on it in the last tour video. Be patient, it will be worth the wait, then we Rock and Roll all night and party everyday!

1 week later
#3145 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

A little code and it's going to be a masterpiece.

Agreed, Kiss just needs some of the bugs fixed and if the cities can do more than just a call out the perception of this game will quickly change. My favorite Stern, this game is so much fun! I can't wait for the new code drop.

1 month later
#3275 6 years ago
Quoted from Kazowi:

We have been looking for Gary all week at Replayfx....sadly he was a no show

20170730_102526 (resized).jpg

That's the spirit of the Kiss Army!!!

1 week later
#3353 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

This has ZERO to do with profit for me. I just want my damn game updated and completed!

Well said, I agree 100%. "I wanted the best but have not gotten the best .... yet"
Polish the code!

#3370 6 years ago

This is great to see that an update is looming. I'm glad to see that shout it out loud bug is fixed, I hope they fix the Deuce bug where if you hit a shot left of the lit one it gives you credit. Save progress for love gun and Demon multiball is huge! This alone gives you a fighting chance to get to the wizard mode! So glad to see this and the bug issue with ball save during Demon multi-ball added on the new update.

I still hope that something gets done with the cities, and the "You wanted the best you got the best " added somewhere in he game! This will give Kiss the respect and love it deserves! Stern will sell more units of Kiss!!!!!

#3433 6 years ago

I was able to put a few plays on the new code and I love the fact you can now stack a mode with love gun MB and HOF multiball, combine that with the song multipliers and is watch the scores climb. This really gives a added layer for putting the perfect stack together. I'm not sure if you can do the same thing with Demon multiball

It also appeared that you have to go into the kiss menu to enable lovegun and Demon multiballl's previous progress, the update doesn't do it automatically.

2 weeks later
#3455 6 years ago

I think your right vireland, there are still to many bugs to leave as is. Stern will surprise us with a merry Kissmas!

1 month later
#3530 6 years ago

This is Awesome!
Good job Stern!!!!!!
Finally some confirmation on a final Kiss update, I hope they are looking at Virelands post that shows all of the known bugs that didn't get addressed from the last update.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

Let's get ready to Rock and Roll all night and play Kiss pinball everyday!

1 week later
#3537 6 years ago

Awesome pic, another member of the Kiss Army!

#3548 6 years ago

At least KISS was mentioned in the Stern talk yesterday.

What did they say about Kiss code in the Stern talk?

1 week later
#3573 6 years ago

This video was filmed on the old code, the first major update. The code update most recently hasn't changed the color or goals of the game just how many times to get things like extra ball etc.. The colors on the grid show you how many times a certain item was hit. For example to get to Heavens on Fire with the new code every item on the grid needs to be filled just once. During this you may have knocked down the kiss targets 2x which would be a different color to show progress. It is just a simple way to see how the progress is going. To fill the catman insert you need to get all bumper caps solid 3x so that line might have 2 blue and 2 red so you would get a quick visual on what 2 shots your missing. The light show and RGB are amazing on this game! If you are looking at a premium vs a pro the upgrades really add to he game IMO. Not to mention the new update with Heavens on fire light show and Demon multiball.

#3574 6 years ago

Hopefully they are play testing final update. Hope it's a beauty!

Can't wait, so glad to hear they are giving Kiss one last update to address issues and put more polish on a great game! This game keeps me coming back for more.

2 weeks later
#3617 6 years ago

Great to see that The new state of the union still has a final update for Kiss, if your on the fence to buy one now is the time to pull the trigger, prices will go up once the final polish is in and more people give Kiss another another chance and realize what a great game this is!

3 weeks later
#3659 6 years ago

With the recent release of new code for BM 66 and TWD I'm optimistic that we may get a merry Kissmas Babee!!!!!!!!

#3688 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I just HOPE HOPE HOPE the new code includes a way to provide virtual locks for the Premium/LE.

There's got to be a setting for this already. I have a bad switch that causes the game to go into ball search if I have 2 balls locked in Gene and I start Lovegun and put another ball in the head. I was going to set it to virtual locks till I can get it looked at.

1 week later
#3719 6 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Does anyone have the KISS Starchild plastic protector mod for sale?

A must have for all LE and premium owners! Capguntrooper did an excellent job on these. The flames were such an added bonus to that area plus the protection. Don't wait for the plastic to crack, it will eventually without one.

1 week later
#3736 6 years ago

Doesn't look like final update in 2017 so hope this extra wait is worth it!

I was hoping for a merry kissmas this year but I hope your right Shapeshifter that the wait will be worth it!

2 weeks later
#3748 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

perhaps or maybe I will think about it someday because that could be something that could not happen, right? huh.....WRONG!!!

This is a must for all Premium and LE owners! It's not a matter of if but when it breaks! Simple installation, and very reasonably priced, and it looks awesome. Can't imagine that area without the flames. Glad to hear you have yours protected, looks great!

#3749 6 years ago

Hopefully the update will be even better than expected......

I hope so to, such a great game.

3 weeks later
#3787 6 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

o). Does anyone know who has a new Star Child area plastic for sale?

$160 for a new plastic set, I tried to just buy the one plastic but the only way to replace it is to buy the whole set. Prevention is the only way to go. Every premium/ LE needs Capguntroopers mod. It's not a matter of if it will break, it's a matter of when.

Pending on where the break in the plastic is, this mod does cover that area nicely if Stern is out of plastic sets.

2 months later
#3835 6 years ago

Kiss is not done, there is another final update coming out this summer, can't wait! Still the best title Stern has put out in past 5 years!

2 weeks later
#3847 6 years ago

Just hope the 'right' people get put on KISS for it's final polish

I hope so to Shapeshifter! Very impressed with how Stern is rolling out these updates and keeping people informed of what's coming down the pike!

1 month later
#3877 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

We currently have allocated one of our designers whom are currently adding some finishing touches.. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for an announcement soon. !
Stay tuned !

I've been impressed with how Stern has been more visible, consistent and vocal on code updates, I have no doubt Kiss will get an update this summer as promised! Can't wait!

1 month later
#3937 5 years ago

I'm hoping for a good code update for Kiss also!

#3941 5 years ago

Stern has come a long way with more frequent code updates and recent hires, really impressed with what direction they are going with code. I'm really optimistic they are going to get this final update on Kiss to make this game feel complete!

1 month later
#3977 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, I know that this has been probably mentioned before, but my left flipper is very weak, never happened before(the Right one completely normal).

This exact issue happened to me on my Kiss LE. It turned out to be a EOS switch that wasn't making full contact, minor adjustment and back to normal.

2 weeks later
#4012 5 years ago

Well done Stern! If Kiss gets that kind of update AS just got, we'll be rocking all night and partying everyday Babee!!!!!! So hopeful Kiss is going to get a final polish update that's been promised!

3 weeks later
#4042 5 years ago

Well, they should definitely finish Rock City as it was never really finished.
They did a big update for AS so hopefully KISS will get the same love

I hope so to, after seeing how much time and effort that was put into AS I'm confident Kiss is going to get that polish we've been patiently waiting for. Such a great game!

1 month later
#4095 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

New dots, cities should now do something. Cleaned up code and fleshed our better. Can’t wait ! Another couple weeks.

I hope your right MN pin! Sounds awesome, I agree with Pickle, Let's get " you wanted the best you got the best" somewhere in this classic game!

3 weeks later
#4144 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gotta give credit where is due, Stern has simply done a superb job with code in 2018.

Well said, very impressed with how Stern is delivering on code updates Babee!!!!!!
My favorite game keeps getting better! So excited to play Kiss with this added polish!

#4149 5 years ago

Some things in life really are worth waiting for
I had high hopes after the AS code dropped, but this is bigger and better than expected

Well said! Exceeded all expectations, unbelievable!

#4169 5 years ago

I've found that the modes are easier to complete but to get the shot multiplier you have to compete Kiss army and KISS hurry ups which is significantly harder. This has kept the scores down but feels so much more balanced. You don't have to always select Deuce and lick it up as the song modes are so much more balanced. The love gun tweaks on the LE and premium have been the highlight for me. Having to release the trapped ball like on GOTG orbit MB which is timed to get a 3 vs 2 ball MB is so much fun. So glad to hear " you wanted the best...." at game start up. And the city combo shots with call outs really was a nice touch! This update has exceeded all expectations , so impressed. So worth the wait, Stern really delivered on this one!

2 weeks later
#4192 5 years ago

Loving the new code, I'm only hearing " You wanted the best" once every four or five games. Is there a setting or is this the way it was suppose to be to prevent monotony?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kingpin22.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code?tu=Kingpin22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.