F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 85.
#3801 6 years ago

We have an answer to the thread title.

Summer 2018.

#3802 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I sold mine with the same intermittent error. Couldn’t get it fully resolved 100% and Stern and Gex were not very helpful. So it didn’t get played and then sold it.

I had this too. It's caused by settings. Took trial and error but it's gone now. Game plays 100% now thank god.

#3803 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Summer 2018.

Lets go with Winter 2018 just to be safe...

#3804 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Has anyone had this happen you know when you turn your game on and it shows the last game scores played on it well my kiss keeps showing a score of a game I played a few weeks ago every time it won't show the latest game score that I have played my dad keeps saying it's because I updated to the latest code recently which I don't think that is the problem.

I'm going to hazard a guess that something on the sd card is corrupted - or bad.

Rob

#3805 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I had this too. It's caused by settings. Took trial and error but it's gone now. Game plays 100% now thank god.

so lets hear the fix??

#3806 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so lets hear the fix??

If the error is the after 2 balls are locked, and you try locking the third, and the ball up kicks but keeps bouncing back down, adjust the power lower for demon lockup.

IMPORTANT NOTE: and remember that the setting #8 and 9 are REVERSED, so you have to adjust the "wrong" one to affect the upkicker. I think the settings are Demon Lockup Power and Demon Eject Power.

Reseat opto connectors too. That never hurts.

#3807 6 years ago

Summer 2018.

KISS isn't singled out. It's grouped with a bunch of other titles that they EXPECT to have updates starting in mid-summer. That's nowhere near a sure thing in Sternland, and I'm sure that wording was chosen on purpose. If we get KISS code by the end of the year, I'll be happy.

#3808 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

KISS isn't singled out. It's grouped with a bunch of other titles that they EXPECT to have updates starting in mid-summer. That's nowhere near a sure thing in Sternland, and I'm sure that wording was chosen on purpose. If we get KISS code by the end of the year, I'll be happy.

If we have to wait that long it better be worth the wait

Wonder if the color dmd guys are already working on the game or do they have to wait until after this final update?

It will be like having a new game when the planets align and both these things happen

1 week later
#3809 6 years ago

Fellas quick question please...

I just did my 2nd HOF Multiball ever, this time very fast and with just 40+ Million... before and after a Love Gun and a Demon, also finally collected all 4(The Spaceman very hard for me as usual) and in the "Backstage Pass” the KISS ARMY was blinking but I lost my last Pinball ...what happens next in the game after you achieve that please?

Thank you.

D98EF104-A6FC-47A0-93B1-8876B76BD2BE (resized).jpegD98EF104-A6FC-47A0-93B1-8876B76BD2BE (resized).jpeg

DF5C3A58-C3EC-4C77-92ED-772E5121F501 (resized).pngDF5C3A58-C3EC-4C77-92ED-772E5121F501 (resized).png

#3810 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas quick question please...
I just did my 2nd HOF Multiball ever, this time very fast and with just 40+ Million... before and after a Love Gun and a Demon, also finally collected all 4(The Spaceman very hard for me as usual) and in the "Backstage Pass” the KISS ARMY was blinking but I lost my last Pinball ...what happens next in the game after you achieve that please?
Thank you.

KISS Army Multiball (which is pretty boring compared to Lovegun, Demon, and HoF) happens when you hit the scoop when that's lit. After that, the only multiball you won't have seen is Rock City (at the end).

#3811 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

KISS Army Multiball (which is pretty boring compared to Lovegun, Demon, and HoF) happens when you hit the scoop when that's lit. After that, the only multiball you won't have seen is Rock City (at the end).

Thanks Vireland! I appreciate it brother!

#3812 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Thanks Vireland! I appreciate it brother!

No problem. I'm hoping that Rock City Multiball gets some additional dots and maybe dedicated music in the final update that's coming because for the final wizard mode it's very basic and feels unfinished.

#3813 6 years ago

Kiss Army REALLY needs some call outs etc as well!

And have you seen how many Champion awards Maiden has already?

Come on guys give KISS some love as well

#3814 6 years ago

Kiss Army REALLY needs some call outs etc as well!
And have you seen how many Champion awards Maiden has already?
Come on guys give KISS some love as well

Its a little more passive on callouts. I would also like to see more timed events.... maybe even the instruments be lit for so many seconds....or you have to relight them

#3815 6 years ago

Is there a way to change the callouts from hitting the left flipper between games so that these can occur more frequently rather than once every how many minutes no matter how many times you hit the left flipper button?

#3816 6 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Is there a way to change the callouts from hitting the left flipper between games so that these can occur more frequently rather than once every how many minutes no matter how many times you hit the left flipper button?

You mean in attract mode?

#3817 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean in attract mode?

Ooops, yes, attract mode, I should have mentioned that. Same goes for AC/DC and Tron. I wish the callouts were in attract mode weren't so intermittent between.

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Ooops, yes, attract mode, I should have mentioned that. Same goes for AC/DC and Tron. I wish the callouts were in attract mode weren't so intermittent between.

There has to be a gap otherwise kids would drive people crazy on location by pressing buttons to hear them "talk" all the time.

#3819 6 years ago

Pity the attract modes couldnt be like the past Data East and williams where the attract sound came on randomly without pushing buttons. This mode was able to be turned off or on by operators depending on the location. It was great if you had an arcade centre as it created atmosphere when machines made thier own noises

#3820 6 years ago

Think I am more optimistic than ever that Stern will provide a decent final KISS update.

They are responding to the competition in a positive way.

And with Keith, Zach, and Tim being at Stern, the chances of real polish are now way higher than ever before.

Kind of expecting Champion awards now

#3821 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Pity the attract modes couldnt be like the past Data East and williams where the attract sound came on randomly without pushing buttons. This mode was able to be turned off or on by operators depending on the location. It was great if you had an arcade centre as it created atmosphere when machines made thier own noises

Pretty sure you can turn that behavior on as-is if you want it.

#3822 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure you can turn that behavior on as-is if you want it.

No its not programmed for attract mode as per earlier games . Eg makes random sounds by itself

#3823 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There has to be a gap otherwise kids would drive people crazy on location by pressing buttons to hear them "talk" all the time.

I was hoping for a menu setting adjustment for interval between allowing another callout. Seems there are settings for nearly everything else on the game.

#3824 6 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I was hoping for a menu setting adjustment for interval between allowing another callout. Seems there are settings for nearly everything else on the game.

I timed it once on my MET a few years ago. Seems to be around 2 minutes, I think.

#3825 6 years ago

Everytime I see a new post here, I think new code may have dropped.

Color me sad each time...

#3826 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Everytime I see a new post here, I think new code may have dropped.
Color me sad each time...

Me too. I’m not expecting anything until June or July but I get my hopes up when I see new posts in this thread. I guess I just contributed to that problem, sorry!

#3827 6 years ago

Oh no....this thread needs to be bumped...squeaky wheel gets the grease. Stern is listening but it will happen at their pace. If people quit asking it will get dropped for whatever people are screaming for at the time...game just needs a few bug fixes and some polish. Clean up the animations so Color DMD can do their thing and all will be right. #WHERE’S THE KISS CODE!!!

#3828 6 years ago

I hope we end up getting more than what was on the Aerosmith update that just dropped.

#3829 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I hope we end up getting more than what was on the Aerosmith update that just dropped.

KISS already got a crappy maintenance release recently, and it was LESS than Aerosmith got.

1 week later
#3830 6 years ago

Anyone ever have a SPIKE game reset during gameplay? My KISS reset tonight during Demon MB. I've owned lots of Stern games, and this has never happened on any of them. WPC...yes, but never a Stern.

#3831 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Anyone ever have a SPIKE game reset during gameplay? My KISS reset tonight during Demon MB. I've owned lots of Stern games, and this has never happened on any of them. WPC...yes, but never a Stern.

Combination of watchdog circuit and the power supply output dropping too low under heavy load. There's a potentiometer in the power supply you can turn up a smidge so the power doesn't drop below the watchdog threshold and reset the machine. It's a known problem with all Spike machines, depending on the PS output. Supposedly Stern fixed it in software (recently?), but maybe they haven't for KISS yet.

Added over 6 years ago: I made a thread specifically to address spike reboots and fixing them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-stern-reboots-on-spike

#3832 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Combination of watchdog circuit and the power supply output dropping too low under heavy load. There's a potentiometer in the power supply you can turn up a smidge so the power doesn't drop below the watchdog threshold and reset the machine. It's a known problem with all Spike machines, depending on the PS output. Supposedly Stern fixed it in software (recently?), but maybe they haven't for KISS yet.
Spike and Spike 2 suck, BTW.

Agreed, spike and spike 2 are gonna be BAD long term they are a pain in the ass today, I can only imagine in 10 years

#3833 6 years ago

Stern have upped their game with the Maiden roll out.

Lets hope they continue to surprise with a really nice final update for KISS.

#3834 6 years ago

Kiss is done. Iron Maiden is now the new focus. I've moved on a year ago and glad I did.

#3835 6 years ago

Kiss is not done, there is another final update coming out this summer, can't wait! Still the best title Stern has put out in past 5 years!

#3836 6 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Kiss is done. Iron Maiden is now the new focus. I've moved on a year ago and glad I did.

Not done!

It's just a question of what will be added/polished.

With all these new programmers at Stern, I am hoping for a ton of polish, some new call outs, champion awards, bug fixes and a few surprises

#3837 6 years ago

Not done!
With all these new programmers at Stern, I am hoping for a ton of polish, some new call outs, champion awards, bug fixes and a few surprises

One would hope... For me it's an Iconic table and staying with me for life!

#3838 6 years ago

Who cares it's KISS

#3839 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Who cares it's KISS

It's a players game so you have no need to worry about the game

#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Anyone ever have a SPIKE game reset during gameplay? My KISS reset tonight during Demon MB.

I had that happen about a month ago, and it was also during Demon MB. When it happened I was "gravely concerned" that the machine was having a serious problem. But, judging by the follow-up posts, it is a known issue.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Combination of watchdog circuit and the power supply output dropping too low under heavy load. There's a potentiometer in the power supply you can turn up a smidge so the power doesn't drop below the watchdog threshold and reset the machine.

By any chance do you know of any threads or links to videos etc showing how this is done? I may as well be trying to adjust the machine's flux capacitor.

#3841 6 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I had that happen about a month ago, and it was also during Demon MB. When it happened I was "gravely concerned" that the machine was having a serious problem. But, judging by the follow-up posts, it is a known issue.

By any chance do you know of any threads or links to videos etc showing how this is done? I may as well be trying to adjust the machine's flux capacitor.

I don't know of any videos, but it's not super hard to figure out if you have a multimeter to check output live as you adjust the pot.

#3842 6 years ago

"There has to be a gap otherwise kids would drive people crazy on location by pressing buttons to hear them "talk" all the time." Well, first off, if that's the case, at least change that part of the pc program for LE owners. Very few operators put LE's on location anyway. And dude, not to argue, just trying to picture where you're coming from here. But do you really think kids, on their rare chances to go to the arcades, are just going to wind up lined up in front of Kiss pins so as they can anxiously and quarterlessly press the "start" button minute after minute in order to hear pre-game callouts? I don't believe prepubescent squires were that starved of entardtainment as far back than 4,000 yrs ago, but maybe that's just bcs/ me and mine have Ben Hur done that. Dilly dilly.

#3843 6 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

"There has to be a gap otherwise kids would drive people crazy on location by pressing buttons to hear them "talk" all the time." Well, first off, if that's the case, at least change that part of the pc program for LE owners.

Now if Stern wants to take the time to code this option in, that's fine with me, but making it default behavior without the ability to turn it off is a BAD idea for their operators. Given how small the subset of people that would want this is, I can't imagine they would take time from slogging through their code update and bugfix backlog to do it though.

Quoted from RayGun:

Very few operators put LE's on location anyway.

Maybe in your neck of the woods, but we have LEs and Premiums on the route I help with, so yeah, it's reality and not that uncommon for upscale locations in many cities I've been to. All operators aren't throwing just bottom of the barrel Pros out there. I've attached a pic of just ONE of the locations on the route, in case you're having trouble believing this.

shameless-3-23-18 (resized).jpgshameless-3-23-18 (resized).jpg

Quoted from RayGun:

And dude, not to argue, just trying to picture where you're coming from here. But do you really think kids, on their rare chances to go to the arcades, are just going to wind up lined up in front of Kiss pins so as they can anxiously and quarterlessly press the "start" button minute after minute in order to hear pre-game callouts? I don't believe prepubescent squires were that starved of entardtainment as far back than 4,000 yrs ago, but maybe that's just bcs/ me and mine have Ben Hur done that. Dilly dilly.

"Dude" there IS no argument because I'm coming from a place of real-world experience that you apparently don't have. What are these "arcades" you speak of? In 2018, most locations for pins are NOT arcades. I see unattended, wandering kids, whose parents are god-knows-where, without a quarter, let alone a dollar, doing the "press a button to get something to happen" all the time at the locations I help with - going down the row of pins and hitting the flipper button on each to make it "talk" and then trying it again and finding out it doesn't work. If it was available to be repeated over and over right away, that would REALLY suck on locations.

#3844 6 years ago

Good news that Stern have knocked it out of the park with Maiden as success breeds success.

GOTG was very meh, but the latest code has turned the game around completely so a friend tells me.

The new coders are having a positive impact already

Seems like Stern have upped their game as a statement of intent.

So, I really do think we may get a pretty good update on KISS - fingers crossed

1 week later
#3845 5 years ago

No new news on the SOTU update.

Maiden code shaping up to maybe end up being Stern's best to date.

The amount of Champion awards is just awesome.

Just hope the 'right' people get put on KISS for it's final polish

#3846 5 years ago

No new news on the SOTU update.
Maiden code shaping up to maybe end up being Stern's best to date.
The amount of Champion awards is just awesome.

Polish ? Why wait for Stern to clean when you can buy Mr Sheen !

images-10 (resized).jpgimages-10 (resized).jpg

#3847 5 years ago

I hope so to Shapeshifter! Very impressed with how Stern is rolling out these updates and keeping people informed of what's coming down the pike!

#3848 5 years ago

Not done!

Give it a rest...your constant posts over the past year saying it's coming...it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when...is getting old. It's NOT coming and if by some miracle it does come in the distant future, shame on Stern for making us wait so long! I stopped drinking the Stern Kool-Aid a long time ago and moved on. All of the hyperbole needs to move on too...

#3849 5 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Give it a rest...your constant posts over the past year saying it's coming...it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when...is getting old. It's NOT coming and if by some miracle it does come in the distant future, shame on Stern for making us wait so long! I stopped drinking the Stern Kool-Aid a long time ago and moved on. All of the hyperbole needs to move on too...

What are you talking about????

Stern have said it is coming. What part of that don't you understand? Stern have said mid-Summer approx.

As for drinking Kool-Aid - not at all!

I just want and hope that the final update will be worth waiting for.

You need to get your facts right before going on the attack!

My constant posts are for the sole purpose of bumping this thread so that this final update doesn't get forgotten. Sheesh.

#3850 5 years ago

Look...I would like to believe it’s coming also but I have little faith in anything about Stern. The only thing guaranteed is the next title will roll off the line. Other than that all bets are off. The Stern of the Union is a joke of an attempt to provide updates.

Future actions of Stern will tell if they are serious about finishing code on older games that can use it or if they are left for dead.

But bump this anyway...let Stern know we want code updates to polish/ finish a game at least. If we don’t speak up it won’t happen that’s for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.