Topic Stats

• 4,247 posts
  • 349 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 284 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200215_141215 (resized).jpg
IMG_5550 (resized).jpg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpg
824c85533f4594edd0e9a8cf7dc1457e176efa06 (resized).jpg
2B46656A-5C43-421D-B4F9-A94FA43C8BC0 (resized).jpeg
D8C7712D-2039-40CE-AB62-3DD48D3D1988 (resized).jpeg
50661386_1077904665724439_1220436401930108928_n (resized).jpg
B5EE1ECE-9803-4A1C-A9F5-12612EEE7D76 (resized).png
F8B5B48A-63FD-4F5E-B43B-1BC78631F22F (resized).jpeg
kiss-light-up-tongue (resized).jpg
15438644293903927387248163812921.jpg
15438641815028122868220878799967 (resized).jpg
88f72395a34c581417854ede57ae2497c18acea8 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
A623535D-CA21-43EC-9CD4-EBCD474321FA (resized).jpeg
giphy (resized).png

There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 85.
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Where's the kiss code? One year since release!

It's coming hahaha

#1752 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Where's the kiss code? One year since release!

The answer is almost always...tomorrow...tomorrow...

annie-kiss-fixed_(resized).jpg

annie-kiss-star_(resized).jpg

#1753 3 years ago

relax kiss pinball is finished. no ghosting issues. call it a day or a year!

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

relax kiss pinball is finished. no ghosting issues. call it a day or a year!

It's definitely not done. With a number of confirmed bugs and incomplete features (cities), it definitely needs at least a little more polish.

#1755 3 years ago

There are still a few issues I have found on the LE/ premium. When in love gun multiball and there is already two balls locked in Gene head, it won't kick out the balls. You can hear it trying and when it goes to self check it skips by the head. Very frustrating when this happens. I hope next code fixes this issue.

#1756 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's definitely not done. With a number of confirmed bugs and incomplete features (cities), it definitely needs at least a little more polish.

i agree and am hoping for major code.

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

There are still a few issues I have found on the LE/ premium. When in love gun multiball and there is already two balls locked in Gene head, it won't kick out the balls. You can hear it trying and when it goes to self check it skips by the head. Very frustrating when this happens. I hope next code fixes this issue.

Did you try increasing the demon lockup power and NOT the eject power?

#1758 3 years ago

Yes, this issue only happens in Love gun multiball when there is 2 balls locked for demon and the machine goes into a self check but not enough power is going into the Gene head , works fine any other situation. I'm pretty confident it's code related. The power to the Demonlockup works fine in any mode or Demon multiball. For some reason when there is 3 to 4 balls locked it can't get them out. I tend to shoot two quick shots to Gene in LG to get that shot over with and still have ball save in case of balls getting shot straight down the middle. That's when I get stuck every time if there are balls locked prior to LG multiball. Very frustrating and it can be duplicated every time.

#1759 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Yes, this issue only happens in Love gun multiball when there is 2 balls locked for demon and the machine goes into a self check but not enough power is going into the Gene head , works fine any other situation. I'm pretty confident it's code related. The power to the Demonlockup works fine in any mode or Demon multiball. For some reason when there is 3 to 4 balls locked it can't get them out. I tend to shoot two quick shots to Gene in LG to get that shot over with and still have ball save in case of balls getting shot straight down the middle. That's when I get stuck every time if there are balls locked prior to LG multiball. Very frustrating and it can be duplicated every time.

Glad i got the pro model as it does not have the ball lock issues experienced in the other models

#1760 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The answer is almost always...tomorrow...tomorrow...

...and tonight!

#1761 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Glad i got the pro model as it does not have the ball lock issues experienced in the other models

They really need a test coded into the diagnostics for the head.

#1762 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They really need a test coded into the diagnostics for the head.

It would not be nearly so confusing if they hadn't reversed the adjustments for the head kickers. That's the core of most of the head-related problems, IMO. People aren't adjusting what they think they are.

#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

For some reason when there is 3 to 4 balls locked it can't get them out. I tend to shoot two quick shots to Gene in LG to get that shot over with and still have ball save in case of balls getting shot straight down the middle. That's when I get stuck every time if there are balls locked prior to LG multiball. Very frustrating and it can be duplicated every time.

So you have two balls locked and shoot two more into the head when LG starts and it can't get those two up and out?

#1764 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It would not be nearly so confusing if they hadn't reversed the adjustments for the head kickers. That's the core of most of the head-related problems, IMO. People aren't adjusting what they think they are.

I was thinking more for ball locks as well. If you have tried to diagnose this in switch test, it is annoying as hell.

1 week later
#1765 3 years ago

Heard a rumour Kiss code is coming in next few days...
Cant wait its going to be awesome!

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

If this is true.....great news!!

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Lol - surrrreeeeee... Free beer tomorrow!

#1768 3 years ago

havent played it in a while.waiting for new code to drop.

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

.. incomplete features (cities)...

Is it confirmed by Lonnie that this always has been the plan, to have cities implemented in the code?
And that it is not just to get a "tour" feeling, and also with callouts attached to them.

#1770 3 years ago

I was thinking code by xmas but I will take it now

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

It needs to, given the lack of fresh games coming out, they should have had time to finish this off. I actually think the code is passable as it is but I do think it needs more of a "story" to tie it together and make it awesome

#1772 3 years ago

Got two balls stuck in Gene's gullet yesterday during a pretty respectable game. Had use the trusty magnet stick to fish them out. Hope it's code fixable.

#1773 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Got two balls stuck in Gene's gullet yesterday during a pretty respectable game. Had use the trusty magnet stick to fish them out. Hope it's code fixable.

Glad i bought the pro model doesnt seem to have that issue as much

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I had 2 balls get stuck in the head on my KISS pro and I had to remove the VUK assembly to get the balls out.

I thought maybe one day if the code got better that I would own it again, but at this pace that will never happen.

Rob

#1775 3 years ago

The amount of KISS' for sale in recent weeks has been staggering.

#1776 3 years ago

I know, i keep wondering if i should upgrade to an LE.

#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I have a pro and it happens. Maybe I'm just unlucky. Doesn't change my enjoyment of the game much. I'll never get enough of Paul's sassy stage antics.

#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I know, i keep wondering if i should upgrade to an LE.

I believe now is the time. Once the software is polished (one or two more releases, probably) prices will go up. You won't be able to get killer LE prices like $5900-$6550 that can be negotiated currently if you don't care about mods like the topper, etc.

#1779 3 years ago

kiss_code_(resized).jpg

#1780 3 years ago

Is that pic for real? Source?

#1781 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

"Kiss Code is Coming Tomorrow"

Stranger Things have happened.

kiss-stranger_things_(resized).jpg

#1782 3 years ago

I've been the biggest critic of the KISS code, but if it is 100% true that Lyman has taken the lead on coding this game, then my attitude is more or less is that whenever it comes out, it comes out.

Just look at the last Metallica update. No one saw that coming.

In Lyman and Dwight I trust.

#1783 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nope

#1784 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Go watch stranger things on Netflix right now.

#1785 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Go watch stranger things on Netflix right now.

I am! That's why I thought it was real.., Stern is using a Stranger Things cover image on their Facebook. So it wasn't a stretch to think they could also make an announcement with a Stranger Things image.

image_(resized).png

#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I am! That's why I thought it was real.., Stern is using a Stranger Things cover image on their Facebook. So it wasn't a stretch to think they could also make an announcement with a Stranger Things image.

Oh dang! I wonder what the significance of that is? Very interesting!

#1787 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh dang! I wonder what the significance of that is? Very interesting!

To make use speculate furiously on pinside about some random gibberish

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

To make use speculate furiously on pinside about some random gibberish

Would be awesome if they gobbled up that license. Pretty killer theme for pinball IMO.

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be awesome if they gobbled up that license. Pretty killer theme for pinball IMO.

I agree.

#1790 3 years ago

I am playing KISS more than any other machine at the moment and absolutely loving it. The reason is I swapped out all the music. If you are uninspired by the code, then I strongly suggest putting some of your absolute favorite songs (any band) in there in place of all the stock tracks. This allows you to really enjoy the time you are in front of the machine, and has made me really explore all that the code offers at this point. Yes, it's MB over and over again, but progress through this machine is what pays off. Get the army hurry up to 16m a hit and man it starts to get fun. Layout and shots are still top class, and there are plenty of things to challenge you, even if the strategy is one big flatline.

#1791 3 years ago

With current code, I agree with TimeBandit. Installed my own Kiss soundtrack and it is way more enjoyable......there has to be another update coming though. Too many unfinished areas in the code.

#1792 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

With current code, I agree with TimeBandit. Installed my own Kiss soundtrack and it is way more enjoyable......there has to be another update coming though. Too many unfinished areas in the code.

Not to mention outright bugs.

#1793 3 years ago

Anyday now ..... its getting closer

#1794 3 years ago

when stern involved very true, any day now!

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I believe now is the time. Once the software is polished (one or two more releases, probably) prices will go up. You won't be able to get killer LE prices like $5900-$6550 that can be negotiated currently if you don't care about mods like the topper, etc.

I know of two LEs here in CA that sold within the last couple months for $6400 and $6500. Both of those had the $400 topper plus another $200+ in mods.

Personally, I thought about upgrading my Pro to an LE. I played an LE recently and the only thing that tempted me to upgrade was the RGB grid lighting. I could do without all the other stuff. So instead of dropping an additional $1.5K plus to upgrade, I put colored gels in my grid lighting to spice it up from that plain all white look. I probably won't be upgrading to an LE now...

#1796 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I know of two LEs here in CA that sold within the last couple months for $6400 and $6500. Both of those had the $400 topper plus another $200+ in mods.
Personally, I thought about upgrading my Pro to an LE. I played an LE recently and the only thing that tempted me to upgrade was the RGB grid lighting. I could do without all the other stuff. So instead of dropping an additional $1.5K plus to upgrade, I put colored gels in my grid lighting to spice it up from that plain all white look. I probably won't be upgrading to an LE now...

The thing that hooked me on the LE was the BEAUTIFUL cabinet. It doesn't photograph well, but that foil base with overprint on the cabinet makes for a very cool looking reflective metallic cabinet in a lit room. Also, the mirrored backglass is very, very nice. The grid lighting isn't the only thing that's RGB. The whole machine turning red when in Demon Multiball and Pink in Lovegun multiball is cool.

I'm not sure I'd buy another LE, but this was too good to pass up for what I paid (substantially less than $6k after ditching the topper and other mods I didn't want, which is awesome for an LE). It's definitely a buyers market for KISS LE machines. I do believe the code will get finished and that will change - fast. The LE is a beautiful machine just needing the code polish to match.

#1797 3 years ago

Poor code support = poor sales for this title (shame on you Stern!). Plus it wasn't Borg's best design either. The art is fantastic though!

Rob

#1798 3 years ago

They completed Avengers after 3 years. I'm sure they are still working on Kiss code support.

#1799 3 years ago

The code will come. The game is fine as is so far. It will just get better. This game is xmen part 2.

#1800 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Poor code support = poor sales for this title (shame on you Stern!). Plus it wasn't Borg's best design either. The art is fantastic though!
Rob

I have faith in Lyman's polishing abilities. He's probably the best coder they have, and he's supposedly on the case.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside